Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/28/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

These Republican candidates, I bet, agreed to appear on this show, only because they knew Joy wouldn't be on this week, except for Friday. No one will convince me otherwise.

I had wondered about that myself. If so, they must be pretty weak politicians if they can't take on Joy Behar. Reminds me of Mitt Romney's comments when he ran for president. But you just know Candace/Paula won't be MIA when Bill and Hillary appear. (Unless Fuller House is still being filmed; it'd be fine with me if it filmed for another year.)

Neither of the two that visited The View would even win the primary, so I guess it doesn't make a difference.

• Love 1

I'm thinking the dream I had last night is all due to Candace's wtfuckery nonsense she spewed while defending Matt Damon's "advice" about how those actors who are homosexual, should stay in the closet, to maintain their "mystery" and be able to "sell" the heterosexual characters they are playing. One of the things he said was keep it to yourself, yet, if these same celebrities were on the red carpet with their husbands, wives (in case of lesbians) or significant others, are they supposed to pretend to just be friends? And then maybe the straight ones shouldn't be kissing and holding hands with their significant others, husbands and wives, either! BUT, I had a real issue with Candace's example-how if you saw someone who was gay as someone sexy, or that you wanted to fantasize about, it would basically be a killjoy, because, then the viewer Candace would realize that they were gay, and it would ruin the movie for them her.

Me: What the fuck ever.

I still watch McMillan and Wife and other Rock Hudson movies, his appearance on I Love Lucy, and still swoon. And just think, what a waste for females, but lucky for the men. Hence my dream last night where Rock was in my dream and well, let's just say I had nooooo problem fantasizing about him and managed to raise my blood pressure and it was...ummm...let's say not rated R, but Rated PG-13. 

Same goes for Raymond Burr; even though I know now that he was gay, whenever I watch the classic Perry Mason show, I just want to cuddle with Perry/Raymond. Sue me! He may have not been classically handsome, but he had those GORGEOUS blue eyes, and there was just something about him.  And that voice.

So, in other words SUCK IT, Candace!

• Love 7

Ooooh, Joy looked like she wanted to smack a bitch at CCB going out of the first segment of Tepid Topics (on Friday)!

Can we stop with Amy Holmes, I'd much rather have the announced contributor Ana Navarro, pretty please?

And now I want to join Joy in smacking CCB and her judgmental uneducated ass.  Danny showed so much grace under her crass questioning and statements.

• Love 5

And I agreed with Whoopi, who told Candace, it is the actor's JOB to sell the character!

Rock and Raymond aren't the only ones. I'm sure there are plenty of women who swoon and fantasize about Matt Bomer (he of White Collar fame) who plays a sexy hetero, but is gay in real life.

Ooooh, Joy looked like she wanted to smack a bitch at CCB going out of the first segment of Tepid Topics (on Friday)!

Yes! I loved Joy asking what telling her children about what would happen to them had to do with guns or whatever it was that Candace was saying. Joy was like, what does what you're saying have to do with what we are talking about? Not to offend anyone here, but the constant "Grace of Christ, Grace of Christ" is starting to bug me.  This is NOT a show about religion or how you can be "saved" by Christ or God, whatever. And I don't mean to sound blasphemous, but it's getting fucking annoying.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 16

Yes! I loved Joy asking what telling her children about what would happen to them had to do with guns or whatever it was that Candace was saying. Joy was like, what does what you're saying have to do with what we are talking about? Not to offend anyone here, but the constant "Grace of Christ, Grace of Christ" is starting to bug me.  This is NOT a show about religion or how you can be "saved" by Christ or God, whatever. And I don't mean to sound blasphemous, but it's getting fucking annoying.

Clearly I'm evil, but I don't really understand how intimating that you'll go to heaven and be with Jesus solves a child's fear of getting shot up at school.  I honestly don't.  I find it difficult to believe that most teens are that rock-solid in their faith (they may believe, but deep faith is another matter entirely).

Oh I need to add that having Sherri and CCB echo each other on Team Jesus! is nauseating as well.

• Love 12

Clearly I'm evil, but I don't really understand how intimating that you'll go to heaven and be with Jesus solves a child's fear of getting shot up at school.  I honestly don't.  I find it difficult to believe that most teens are that rock-solid in their faith (they may believe, but deep faith is another matter entirely).

Oh I need to add that having Sherri and CCB echo each other on Team Jesus! is nauseating as well.

CCB is dreaming in Technicolor!!!

If you're evil, than so am I. Oh, is that what those two were chanting? And was I supposed to find it amusing? Because I didn't.

• Love 3

Exactly.  I just looked at her with a big blank stare.  Are her children really that hypnotized that the material/mortal world can't touch them on any level?  So, with that logic, anyone may commit any disgusting crime against their children and they'll just roll with it?  

• Love 2

I was multi tasking on Friday and had the show on in the background and at one point during the Jesus/Christian conversations I suddenly looked up thinking somehow I had turned on one of those religious programs!  Enough already!  CCB's voice is horrible.  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 6

Clearly I'm evil, but I don't really understand how intimating that you'll go to heaven and be with Jesus solves a child's fear of getting shot up at school.

And during a life-threatening situation, shouting "Oh Jesus, I'm 'coming'!" doesn't seem to be appropriate anyway. <wink>

• Love 6

What??? I didn't know that! But yes, I agree. He was the sexiest Priest I ever did see! And there was Shogun.

Not sure how you dodged info on Richard Chamberlain.  He came out in 2003.  Coupled/married to the same man for 30+ years.  Hiding out in Hawaii helped.  Ditto for Jim Nabors.  Took him til 2013 to make his marriage official after nearly 40 years with his now-husband.  Apparently our 50th State is sorta like living in Witness Protection.   Google away for all the details.....

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 3

Not sure how you dodged info on Richard Chamberlain.  He came out in 2003.  Coupled/married to the same man for 30+ years.  Hiding out in Hawaii helped.  Ditto for Jim Nabors.  Took him til 2013 to make his marriage official after nearly 40 years with his now-husband.  Apparently our 50th State is sorta like living in Witness Protection.   Google away for all the details.....

I know! I was saying to myself, just where was I that I missed this. I feel like a real ignoranamus. I knew about Jim Nabors though! Does that make up for it? And even knowing about Nabors doesn't diminish or affect my viewing of him as Gomer. I still laugh at his antics and still get irked when he's being soooo oblivious and driving Andy and/or Barney crazy.

Ahem. Back to topic--my point was that I just disagree and got peeved at Candace's "rationalization" or "splanation" of what Damon meant. Makes me wonder if pretends she never did that movie where her character was date raped, or raped after doing shots at some fraternity or sorority party shortly after Full House (which I also watched--just for Stamos) ended. I wonder if she thinks that "insult" she called Kirk Cameron's character, who she had a crush on, is a swear word she doesn't allow her children to utter. It was either nerdbomber, or goobersomething when he guest starred.

Wait... Raymond Burr?   Gomer Pyle too?   Well my oh my.

I'm thinking the dream I had last night is all due to Candace's wtfuckery nonsense she spewed while defending Matt Damon's "advice" about how those actors who are homosexual, should stay in the closet, to maintain their "mystery" and be able to "sell" the heterosexual characters they are playing. One of the things he said was keep it to yourself, yet, if these same celebrities were on the red carpet with their husbands, wives (in case of lesbians) or significant others, are they supposed to pretend to just be friends? And then maybe the straight ones shouldn't be kissing and holding hands with their significant others, husbands and wives, either! BUT, I had a real issue with Candace's example-how if you saw someone who was gay as someone sexy, or that you wanted to fantasize about, it would basically be a killjoy, because, then the viewer Candace would realize that they were gay, and it would ruin the movie for them her.

Me: What the fuck ever.

I still watch McMillan and Wife and other Rock Hudson movies, his appearance on I Love Lucy, and still swoon. And just think, what a waste for females, but lucky for the men. Hence my dream last night where Rock was in my dream and well, let's just say I had nooooo problem fantasizing about him and managed to raise my blood pressure and it was...ummm...let's say not rated R, but Rated PG-13. 

Same goes for Raymond Burr; even though I know now that he was gay, whenever I watch the classic Perry Mason show, I just want to cuddle with Perry/Raymond. Sue me! He may have not been classically handsome, but he had those GORGEOUS blue eyes, and there was just something about him.  And that voice.

So, in other words SUCK IT, Candace!

How unsurprising is it that The Girl From Full House wouldn't know much about acting?  

I thought they cast CCB as some sort of Republican point of view for the upcoming Presidential primary elections?    You know, since they let an actual broadcaster who made her career walking and talking about politics go after just one season?    Except Bure doesn't seem to be able to add anything outside of her religious beliefs or Full House.  Maybe she's a ringer for the crazy liberal showrunners?    In which case, I say hahahahahaha!  

How come we don't have a CCB thread?  

I didn't look very hard but I can't find anything that says Candace even finished high school although she probably did since she was schooled [not necessarily educated] on a TV set.  She was married by 20 so I'm thinking college was out.  Not that college always equals educated [and vice versa] but she was a mother by 22/23 so I think it's a safe bet she wasn't studying at Harvard with Natalie Portman or following  Brooke Shields' footsteps at Princton  [both child actors]  

And I found some trivia about her on imdb.com  that surely the people that hired her here must have seen.  

There is a bunch of quotes attributed to her and assorted random trivia on her imdb.com page.   In light of her comments about school safety  I thought this was interesting:  

Almost everyone thinks they are a good person, but the question you should be asking is, am I good enough to go to Heaven? How would you know?

Well Candace, I guess I could always ask you or your bigotted brother. 

Oh, and did she move her entire family to NYC for this gig?  Supposedly they have a family winery near Napa California. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

Oh, and did she move her entire family to NYC for this gig?  Supposedly they have a family winery near Napa California. 

I doubt she would uproot the family for the gig. She and hockey hubby likely have more than enough $$$ to afford some type of interim NYC residence. With the expanded cast, I doubt she will appear every day, even when Fuller House is done taping. I think Fuller House is taping in LA, so she is nomadic until the end of this year.

http://www.burefamilywines.com/about-us

• Love 1

I had no idea about the winery.  That is amazing.  Nobody in their right mind would leave Napa/Sonoma County IMHO.

Despite never living there (many visits/vacations), I have been in love, and obsessed, with San Francisco and it's environs since I was 12 years old.  I'm not entirely sure why, but it's like a gravitational pull  :)

• Love 2

I was multi tasking on Friday and had the show on in the background and at one point during the Jesus/Christian conversations I suddenly looked up thinking somehow I had turned on one of those religious programs!  Enough already!  CCB's voice is horrible.

Exactly.  I watch The View for intelligent, reasonable conversation - not to watch The Jesus show.  Unfortunately it has been a long time since we have  had intelligent reasonable conversation!

• Love 5

I know! I was saying to myself, just where was I that I missed this. I feel like a real ignoranamus. I knew about Jim Nabors though! Does that make up for it? And even knowing about Nabors doesn't diminish or affect my viewing of him as Gomer. I still laugh at his antics and still get irked when he's being soooo oblivious and driving Andy and/or Barney crazy.

If it makes you feel better, I knew about Richard Chamberlain already (I think I found out when he starred as Felicity Huffman's gay stepfather on Desperate Housewives; formerly married to Polly Bergen on the show), but only just now learned about Jim Nabors.

It's hard for me to say about gay actors playing straight romantic characters since I'm a gay man. I suppose all I could add is that I generally still find straight men attractive when they star as gay characters?

• Love 3

Despite never living there (many visits/vacations), I have been in love, and obsessed, with San Francisco and it's environs since I was 12 years old.  I'm not entirely sure why, but it's like a gravitational pull  :)

You'll have to tell me why if you ever figure it out! I moved to the SF Bay area 2 years ago and still don't feel any love for it here :)