Type keyword(s) to search

Mark & Nikki: Touch That Window, Lose Your Hand

• Start Topic

i know we're a bit (a lot) off topic, but if one had hair problems opposite of Nikki's, I make a deep conditioner that works well. A super ripe avocado, a glob of coconut oil, and banana all blended up (I use a jar of Banana baby food for smoothness) and left to sit on the hair is great. You can also make oat milk to mix in -- put a handful of oatmeal into some cheesecloth/knotted piece of pantyhose, soak in a tiny bit of warm water then squeeze out the creamy 'milk'.

I hope Nikki finds some sort of community or friends to at least have a Coke or walk around the mall with once in a while. Living with Mark must be lonely and miserable.

• Love 3

I hope Nikki finds some sort of community or friends to at least have a Coke or walk around the mall with once in a while. Living with Mark must be lonely and miserable.

There are a lot of Filipinas in Baltimore.  She could start a meet-up or something, once she learns to drive.  I believe that Mark wants her out of his hair while he's working.  Also, considering how, um, frugal he is, I don't think he would have spent the money on the Miata unless it was going to be put to use by her.  She could also take public transportation. 

I've never seen any evidence that he's jealous or wants to keep her in the house, so I don't think there will be a problem with her going out with the girls.  Her problem will be motivating herself and building enough self-confidence to go somewhere and meet people.

Regarding hair, mine got very dry from a scalp problem, and I started using Pantene Age Defy treatment, which you put directly on your scalp.  Weirdly, it made my hair silky again after less than a week.  I use it every day.

• Love 4

Mark likes things that go zoom.  Cars, boats, jetskis, trucks. He bought that Miata for himself.  It's in his name, she doesn't have a license.  He bough something for himself and disguised it as a gift.

Pretty much all men like things that go zoom.  And of course she doesn't have a license yet--she'll probably go for that after she gets her green card and gets up enought courage to practice.  Anyway, I always snicker when I see men in a Miata--it's a very girly car, so I find it hard to believe he'd buy it for himself.  Not that he's Mr. Macho, but still.

I've decided to try an experiment and take what these people say at face value.  It'll be super fun!  I wonder how long I can hold out.  I guess I only have one more day to try it, unfortunately.  I will be sad when this show (farce) ends.  Oops!

• Love 3

Pretty much all men like things that go zoom.  And of course she doesn't have a license yet--she'll probably go for that after she gets her green card and gets up enought courage to practice.  Anyway, I always snicker when I see men in a Miata--it's a very girly car, so I find it hard to believe he'd buy it for himself.  Not that he's Mr. Macho, but still.

I've decided to try an experiment and take what these people say at face value.  It'll be super fun!  I wonder how long I can hold out.  I guess I only have one more day to try it, unfortunately.  I will be sad when this show (farce) ends.  Oops!

LOL.  I did not want to be the one to say it, because I know defining something as a "girly car" is wrong.  But its a little like the newer Volkswagen Beetle.  You just generally don't see super straight guys driving a new Beetle or a Mazda Miata.  

But I do think there are certain guys who don't realize that its not the sportscar that most straight men would choose first.  And I think Mark might be one of those guys that had visions of him and some hot young thang cruising in the Miata with the top down and the hair blowing through his receding hairline like something out of a bad "Just for Men" Commercial.

• Love 4

LOL.  I did not want to be the one to say it, because I know defining something as a "girly car" is wrong.  But its a little like the newer Volkswagen Beetle.  You just generally don't see super straight guys driving a new Beetle or a Mazda Miata.  

But I do think there are certain guys who don't realize that its not the sportscar that most straight men would choose first.  And I think Mark might be one of those guys that had visions of him and some hot young thang cruising in the Miata with the top down and the hair blowing through his receding hairline like something out of a bad "Just for Men" Commercial.

The first gen miata aka the mx5 aka NA IS a sports car; It's japans take on the british concept. There is a reason there is a cult following and the mx-5 cup series is one of the largest racing series. It's an extremely affordable track car that is incredibly fun to drive. Yes, women do find this car very cute, but with a manual transmission this car is a blast to drive.

Does Mark fit the general stereotype? Yes. =/

Edited by jujuebes
  • Love 1

I have no problem with guys driving a Triumph or an MG, or even a Fiat or Alfa Romeo. The Miata just seemed like a fake sportscar to me, a Japanese knockoff of a classic look.  They may be fun to drive, but they are vastly uncool to me for that reason.  I guess I'm just rigid that way.

As for Jetta's, I've never thought of them as girly cars, no more than a Honda Accord or the like.  They're just a basic sedan.  However, I have to admit I've never known a man who owned one.

To get back on topic, those pancakes did not look bad.  If someone invited me over to make party and eat pancakes, I would probably go.

Edited by WhoAmIReally
  • Love 3

I have no problem with guys driving a Triumph or an MG, or even a Fiat or Alfa Romeo. The Miata just seemed like a fake sportscar to me, a Japanese knockoff of a classic look.  They may be fun to drive, but they are vastly uncool to me for that reason.  I guess I'm just rigid that way.

As for Jetta's, I've never thought of them as girly cars, no more than a Honda Accord or the like.  They're just a basic sedan.  However, I have to admit I've never known a man who owned one.

I just don't get how a Miata can be a knockoff when it's the most raced car in the world, if anything it gives tribute to the cars you've listed and revived it. Fiat is building a new car using the new Miata chasis.

I know we can each have our opinion, but I'm sure we can all agree that Mark only got this car to relive his life through Nikki and feel the wind in his hair...

Miata, Jetta, zebra sheets,  70's basketball shorts, and a pile of pancakes...Lets make party

• Love 4

I do that at the start of each season, until the production driven stuff is either just too much or too obvious.

• Love 1

Mark seems to have no regard for Nikki at all. Maybe TLC cut it, but during the dress, when he walked in there was no softness in his eyes, no look or warmth implying "this is my bride" nothing. Marrying Nikki is just a pure business and legal contract, just a way to keep her in the country. 

Now, I have no problem with him having a prenup. He has children, and is probably looking to retire soon. Protecting those assets are important. And he has been earning for 30-40 yeas pre-Nikki, so it makes sense she doesn't get access to all that. But to leave her with nothing seems so cold. 

As for the photos, remember during the prenup conversation when he was saying he was protecting her, and she could become a famous supermodel and he'd have no access to that money. Is that what those LA/pictures are? Nikki does seem on the taller slide, and is quite thin, But I'm not sure about the modeling aspect, or at least not the super modeling part. Maybe regular catalog modeling, sure, but probably not high end. (I'm not knocking catalog modeling, as if you work often and consistently, I heard you can make a comfortable income doing that.)

• Love 4

I am positive the prenup is all for the show. She would not be signing it at a table at home, they would be in an attorney's office, with both attorney's present, and a notary. It's fake, I think.

There is a link somewhere (probably the media thread) with photos of Nikki's modeling. I will try to find it...

• Love 3

Did these two marry?

We don't know yet.  Well, maybe somebody does, but hopefully they will keep in the the spoiler threat, or I'll be bummed. I can't watch until Monday night, anyway, which also bums me out. 

Of course, we know that if they do marry, it won't last.  I wonder what they'll call the the Lifetime Movie version?  "Deadly Teen Tantrum"?  "The Miata Murder"?  They already have "The Girl he Met Online". 

I also agree the prenup did no go down as portrayed.  I think they had one, which was probably not filmed, and she got something out of it. 

Edited by WhoAmIReally
  • Love 5

Just curious why he bought the jetta with those concerns?

I wasn't with him but I think because the price and quality was right. Love Frida. Just saw the movie yesterday

Edited by Lion18
  • Love 1

There's an all-day marathon of Season 3 right now on TLC!  Episode 1 just started.

cooksdelight -- I apologize if this isn't the right place to announce this, just wanted to make sure that those of us who may be interested are aware  :-)

• Love 3

There's an all-day marathon of Season 3 right now on TLC! Episode 1 just started.

cooksdelight -- I apologize if this isn't the right place to announce this, just wanted to make sure that those of us who may be interested are aware :-)

Awesomesauce. Now I can get this drinking game underway again. 4 kids in diapers/ex wife/changed/wanted independence/send you back (home) = shot phrases. Cheers!

• Love 4

I have been on the sidelines forever but have a couple of comments on the most hate worthy couple (if you can call them that) of the season. First, I looked at a couple of mail-order bride sites for the Philippines and there are hundreds of girls and women grouped by age categories. Plenty in the age-appropriate range for Mark, meaning he chose to look at the junior level girls. So I don't think the comments against him are out of place.  Second he has 3 sons all very close to Nikki in age -- we've seen the daughter so that dynamic gets most of the comments but it is weird that he has half-Filipino sons that Nikki might actually be attracted to. So sad. Third and last, I re-watched the documentary Queen of Versailles last night and as those of you who have seen it may recall, the incredibly gauche family has a team of Filipino nannies working around the clock -- one was living in the children's neglected play house outside to have her own space. She cried as she said she left her own children in the Philippines and had not seen them in 11 years since she needs to stay and make money so they can survive.  Who knows what Nikki's circumstances were. Still the power imbalance and her lack of options is sickening.  

I also have a comment on the prenup.  When they showed the page as she initialed it, it literally said "Nikki" with a space and "Mark" with a space.  I am not a family law lawyer but that seems awfully casual, and certainly suggested to me it was at best an amateur effort. 

• Love 9

Can Mark actually play the piano?  I know he is in the piano rental business and he has a piano in his living room and a keyboard in the pink zebra love chamber.  But the only time I recall actually seeing him sit down at the piano, he just clunked out two or three awkward bangs on the keyboard - he did not really play anything at all.  

It seems like if he was a musician we would have heard him play at least a little something with all the keyboards around.  Is he maybe a guy who just rents and tunes pianos but can't actually play one?  Because, to be honest, he just does not strike me as a person with a musical soul at all.  At least not piano music.  Maybe an accordion or wood blocks or something, but not a piano. 

• Love 2

Can Mark actually play the piano? I know he is in the piano rental business and he has a piano in his living room and a keyboard in the pink zebra love chamber. But the only time I recall actually seeing him sit down at the piano, he just clunked out two or three awkward bangs on the keyboard - he did not really play anything at all.

It seems like if he was a musician we would have heard him play at least a little something with all the keyboards around. Is he maybe a guy who just rents and tunes pianos but can't actually play one? Because, to be honest, he just does not strike me as a person with a musical soul at all. At least not piano music. Maybe an accordion or wood blocks or something, but not a piano.

Since he's probably too cheap and too controlling to let someone else tune his pianos (would need tuning with each delivery), I'm sure Mark has some musical ability.
  • Love 2

I am Blown away about this guy..I know she is over 18 and an adult, but still a child. Come on don't use bringing her to country and a new life,  just because he can't find a women closer to his age that will put up with his BS.. .   She is from the Philippines and she does not speak the language well  and clearly is young and naive. This guy is totally taking advantage of her.  He says women in America do not  appreciate him WHAT??? Is he serious? He keeps talking about the skin under his chin? WHAT ?? That is called aging something he is clearly is in denial is happening to him..  When I look at him talk to her and hear her say she has no choice. I feel sad for her she has encountered a predator, a  dirty selfish old man who says what is hers is hers and what is his is his ( Hello she has nothing, came to this country with nothing under false pretenses of a better life)  This guy explain away a prenup  using the exaggerated example she could become next top model and he wouldn't get any of the proceeds...  Give me a break..When he basically tells her she gets nothing, he is giving her a roof over her head and food.. She could live in a homeless shelter and be better off than with this piece of work. Also  she can't have children is another condition and she is 19 years old? she is a baby .. This guy is in need of  a reality check.. He needs to either be alone or find someone who is more like him, don't ruin this poor young girl.. She keeps giving stuff up ..to see her say she would like a child and grandpa tell her in 10 years he does not want her to be hounding him? This show must be testing us..I can't imagine this is real. I want to stop watching but it is such a train wreck I can't look away..I want Nikki to go back to the Philippines  and be with people who love her and want the best for her.. this guy does not.. . Please let it end soon. Even his daughter can see it.. 

• Love 12

You can tell Elise feels a little sorry for Nikki. And that right there tells you how messed up this situation is.

Was anyone else chanting out loud "don't do it Nikki, run away!"

But of course she did, because it would've left her ass in Hawaii with no way home.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 8

This guy is such an asshole, I just want to smack his face. On this Tell All episode his assholeness is really coming to light. Everything he says is controlling or obnoxious or a put down. He really is right up there with one of my most despised reality personalities ever. The rest of the people on the show are nice enough but this guy is horrible. Very few women would put up with this smug asshole.

• Love 12

I just loved when Mark was talking about all the dates he went on, hundreds of them with flowers, fancy dinners...and they were all bad.

Mark, NOBODY LIKES YOU.

Don't forget the four-star and five-star restaurants he said he took them to! He's such a cheapskate, he probably give them a wilted daisy and whatever he had a coupon for at Burger King.
  • Love 5

I just loved when Mark was talking about all the dates he went on, hundreds of them with flowers, fancy dinners...and they were all bad.

with a dozen, if not 2, roses, at 3, if not 4, star restaurants.  He certainly does think he's all that.  Sad that this is Nikki's best hope.  With a little luck, after she gets her green card, she will find someone who shows her what real love is really like and can dump this creep.  He certainly gives her no reason to stay with him past that point.

• Love 5

Mark is a PEVERT. Period.

A few observations:

1. I wonder where the engagement came from. Did he rip it off his Ex's hand? Because you know EVERTHING is HIS. TLC did not show him shopping for it, and the camera follows them 24/7. That scene in the ocean with the two of them was vomit inducing. Ewww! He looked like a dirty old man with a child.

2. The fifty women he dated had issues, NOT HIM. Yeah, I'm buying that one (sarcasm)......I have this saying-it cannot always be the roommate! Meaning that when people share an apartment and go through several roommates, always claiming that the roommate was bad, they do not take ownership of their ISSUES, and their shortcomings. I have met people like that, and quickly surmised that it was THEM, not the roommates...

I had 3 roommates for 12 years and we got along just fine, and couple of them were random people. WE parted because I was moving.

3. Nikki invested a lot of time here already. She moved away from her family and  friends, and hopefully she'll  be able to find her way around in the next few months so she can dump him once she has friends and a job.

4. The way he spoke of American women was very disrespectful....and so it goes back to the argument that he was looking to rob the cradle, and MOLD a young girl to be subservient. His actions are that of an emotional abuser. Period.

• Love 10

I also posted this in one of the TLC forums: Mark is one of those men who's been trying to buy women all his life, and becomes massively frustrated when that doesn't work here in the U.S. He was bitching his head off that he would spend all that money on roses and five-star dinners and it still didn't "work" - meaning his dates STILL wouldn't jump into bed with him. He hasn't got the first clue that a female is a human being who has to be courted and won, and would never understand what that means. Somewhere he got the idea that everyone - male and female - is supposed to buy and trade for sex, and when the women here wouldn't play that game he blamed THEM and went to a poor country where many women will do almost anything to get out. He'd never get a teenager here, or any other attractive woman willing to trade sex for his ex-wife's old car. It's too bad nobody ever taught him how to deal with women properly, but he's an utter failure at it. (apologies to the sweet daughter - it's not your fault.)

Mark is one of those people who does not understand that sex is a privilege to be earned, not a right to be demanded. That MOST women are not for sale and shouldn't be. But he can't understand why American women won't sell themselves for roses and dinner, so he went to a place where there are proper women that he can buy. Who just happen to be teenagers.

• Love 14

I didn't even watch the entire "Tell All" special but from the few minutes I saw, Mark is also a MISOGYNIST.  His response about all the haters online being fat single women was disgusting.

I'm a male and I hate mark, but I only watch this show for my wife...

As a male it's like.. awesome a hot younger woman, but that age difference and just seeing them together it's very disgusting, more so because of Mark's personality and there being ZERO love. Every scene they were in public I just imagined the thoughts going through everyones mind that looked at them; even at the tell all there were weird looks.

• Love 7