Type keyword(s) to search

Mark & Nikki: Touch That Window, Lose Your Hand

• Start Topic

I noticed that Mark is the plaintiff.  Wouldn't be surprised if he has another 19-year-old Filipina lined up.  I don't know about marital laws in Maryland, but given that he had her sign a prenup, can't help but wonder if she gets anything.  

• Useful 1

I don't know about prenup law in MD but in general I think unless she had the opportunity to review it with her own lawyer prior to signing, she could argue it isn't valid. That is of course if she wants to pay out for an attorney to battle him in court. I was divorced in MD recently and if you don't have kids under 18 and can come to a settlement agreement wrt assets, you can get a mutual consent divorce within 90 days of signing the settlement and filing. Contested divorces take about a year and a lot more $$ in fees. I think there is still a 1 year separation required before filing if you have minor kids (and no, you can't live in separate bedrooms and claim that as a separation). Honestly, I doubt he has much of any $$ to shell out. Didn't he earn his $ from tuning grand pianos?? Can't imagine that was super busy during the pandemic.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

I don't know about prenup law in MD but in general I think unless she had the opportunity to review it with her own lawyer prior to signing, she could argue it isn't valid. That is of course if she wants to pay out for an attorney to battle him in court. I was divorced in MD recently and if you don't have kids under 18 and can come to a settlement agreement wrt assets, you can get a mutual consent divorce within 90 days of signing the settlement and filing. Contested divorces take about a year and a lot more $$ in fees. I think there is still a 1 year separation required before filing if you have minor kids (and no, you can't live in separate bedrooms and claim that as a separation). Honestly, I doubt he has much of any $$ to shell out. Didn't he earn his $ from tuning grand pianos?? Can't imagine that was super busy during the pandemic.  

Wasnt they prenup part of the story. She saw a lawyer about the prenup and the lawyer said it was a very unfair deal and she should not sign it. She ended up signing it against his advice. It was kind of like her only option (or so the show made it seem).

At least she is 25 and can start a new hopefully happy life. Right now there are plenty of cities you can get a job for $20 an hour (my city many fast food start at $20 an hour), maybe you have to share a 2 bedroom with a roommate, but it a is start. The possibilities are endless she could go to school, meet someone her own age and have the family she wanted. I would not watse my time fighting Mark. Just get your freedom. 

• Love 3

I AM an MD divorce attorney.    I just looked the case up.   1 -- he tried to seal it.   DENIED.    So many people want their cases sealed and its really hard.   The last one I know of who managed it was Cal Ripken.   That was only because he was married to a Judge.   It's a safety thing.

He is self represented which means its going to be a fustercluck.   He did file the Pre Nup, but she hasn't been served yet.   She CAN file to challenge the Pre Nup IF she wants.   Whether she prevails is another matter.  She seemed pretty resigned that she had no choice.  It depends on what the pre nup says whether she gets anything or not.    So anything they acquired DURING the marriage might still be fair game.   I hope she gets a lawyer.   There are LOTS of good pro bono programs if she can't afford one She's in Baltimore so the Women's Law Center would be a good one.  They deal with the County not the City (maybe they do City I dunno I only take County cases with them).   The caase is filed in the County.   There is also MVLS.   

Did they ever have kids?   A pre nup won't matter if they did.   When it comes to custody and child support, the court acts in the kids' best interest not necessarily what the parents agreed to (one case-- not mine thank you -- the parties had twins, to avoid arguing they agreed each would take one kid.   The court, not BC another county here, said yeah NO even though it was a written agreement of the parents).   

(feel free to make a donation to your local pro bono organization)

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I AM an MD divorce attorney.    I just looked the case up.   1 -- he tried to seal it.   DENIED.    So many people want their cases sealed and its really hard.   The last one I know of who managed it was Cal Ripken.   That was only because he was married to a Judge.   It's a safety thing.

He is self represented which means its going to be a fustercluck.   He did file the Pre Nup, but she hasn't been served yet.   She CAN file to challenge the Pre Nup IF she wants.   Whether she prevails is another matter.  She seemed pretty resigned that she had no choice.  It depends on what the pre nup says whether she gets anything or not.    So anything they acquired DURING the marriage might still be fair game.   I hope she gets a lawyer.   There are LOTS of good pro bono programs if she can't afford one She's in Baltimore so the Women's Law Center would be a good one.  They deal with the County not the City (maybe they do City I dunno I only take County cases with them).   The caase is filed in the County.   There is also MVLS.   

Did they ever have kids?   A pre nup won't matter if they did.   When it comes to custody and child support, the court acts in the kids' best interest not necessarily what the parents agreed to (one case-- not mine thank you -- the parties had twins, to avoid arguing they agreed each would take one kid.   The court, not BC another county here, said yeah NO even though it was a written agreement of the parents).   

I don't think they ever had kids but thanks for the information.

I could be very wrong but didn't he represent himself as well when he sued TLC???

On 3/26/2022 at 9:10 AM, merylinkid said:

I divorced a MD ALJ judge, it was not fun at all...we did not have a pre nup, we were young and did not have much and did not think we would divorce until we did, it took 4 years to finalize the divorce and our friend (circuit court judge) signed the divorce decree.  I hope the Future Ex Mr. Mark Whatshisname gets good representation, she did not seem too bright.

• Useful 1

He is self represented which means its going to be a fustercluck.   He did file the Pre Nup, but she hasn't been served yet.   She CAN file to challenge the Pre Nup IF she wants.   Whether she prevails is another matter.  She seemed pretty resigned that she had no choice.  It depends on what the pre nup says whether she gets anything or not.    So anything they acquired DURING the marriage might still be fair game.   I hope she gets a lawyer.   There are LOTS of good pro bono programs if she can't afford one She's in Baltimore so the Women's Law Center would be a good one.  They deal with the County not the City (maybe they do City I dunno I only take County cases with them).   

I love our little corner of the Internet!

• Love 4

I AM an MD divorce attorney.    I just looked the case up.   1 -- he tried to seal it.   DENIED. 

I am LOL that he tried to get it sealed---as if what, he is some big celebrity and the press will just be lining up to spread the details? 

Hey @merylinkid, I have a MD legal question for you (super easy I promise)....when you look up a case status online in the MD system site (as just a regular member of the public) and it says under document name "titel 4K request to schedule hearing and issue summons" and the comment under THAT says "writ for NAME (Family violence)" does that mean the party listed there (where I put NAME) is accused of family violence? Or is alleging the other person committed family violence? Thanks... 

• Love 1

At this point, you’ve just got to ask yourself if Mark filed the motion just to get his name back in the news. Maybe he’s watching the current season and wanted to remind everyone that The Specimen is the OG creep/sex tourist/borderline human trafficker and will not be outdone by Ben/Mike/Gino/Kimbally/Ella/Memphis.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/22/2022 at 9:55 PM, Adeejay said:

I noticed that Mark is the plaintiff.  Wouldn't be surprised if he has another 19-year-old Filipina lined up.  I don't know about marital laws in Maryland, but given that he had her sign a prenup, can't help but wonder if she gets anything.  

You can only file for 2 K-1 visas in your lifetime.

• Useful 7
On 3/22/2022 at 7:55 PM, Adeejay said:

Since he filed and not Nikki she can remarry in the Philippines if she returns. If Nikki would have filed she would still need a civil annulment in the Philippines to remarry. So he did give her that last courtesy

• Useful 4