Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

GODDAMN IT FUCK FUCK THE FALCONS THROW A PICK ON THE GOAL LINE. STUPID FUCKING CALL ARTHUR, WE WERE RUNNING THE BALL WELL AND THE COMMANDERS HAD NO TIMEOUTS LEFT AND WE COULD RUN THE CLOCK MORE IF WE RAN IT BUT NO YOU HAVE MARIOTA THROW IT, FUCK THIS SHIT. 

I respect the passion 

Jacoby Brissett had been awesome for the Browns this year.  I still dont think the team has a chance at making the playoffs this year but he at least he got a good final memory 

Edited by BlueSkies
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, BlueSkies said:

Jacoby Brissett had been awesome for the Browns this year.  I still dont think the team has a chance at making the playoffs this year but he at least he got a good final memory 

And Cleveland goes from being scrappy underdog to the team everyone, myself included, will love to hate.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Chiefs up 13-3 on the Rams at half, they are pretty much dominating the game, no offense for the Rams at all, Mahomes with over 200 yards passing, Chiefs would be up by more if they had scored TD’s instead of FG’s on their 2 red zone trips.

Niners up 10-0 on the Saints at half, good performance by the Niners strong defense.

Raiders up 24-20 on the Seahawks looking to pull off an upset in a high scoring game.

Cards up 17-14 on the Chargers in a good game. 

30 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

And Cleveland goes from being scrappy underdog to the team everyone, myself included, will love to hate.

Oh, I've been hating the Browns since the Watson deal.  I'd have loved to see them go 0-17.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, cambridgeguy said:

Browns are getting their franchise quarterback back next week too. I’m sure they’ll be celebrating all night long.

Brisset has played well.  He’s actually 4th in QBR.

But unless Deshawn can play defense, him starting may not matter.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 3

Amazing comeback by the Chargers.  But I still, as an Officially Old Person, have trouble with these younger coaches who go for the all-or-nothing two-pointer instead of taking the safe tie into overtime.  This time it worked.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Sean McVey running face first into one of his player's helmets. My clumsy ass has never related to an NFL coach more.

Shouldn't he have been placed in the concussion protocol?!  Wow, that looked painful.  I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often on the sidelines.  

• Like 2

Chiefs beat the Rams 26-10, dominant win for the Chiefs, they handled the Rams from start to finish, and I think they are the best all around team in the NFL, their offense is great, Mahomes with over 300 yards again, and their defense is underrated. The Rams have been a disaster and they have so many injuries that their season is done, they could’ve lost by a lot more but their defense was solid in the red zone.

Niners beat the Saints 13-0, dominant defensive performance by the Niners who are very hot right now.

Chargers beat the Cards 25-24 in a wild game between 2 unpredictable teams, Chargers with a nice comeback win and they are staying right in the tight AFC playoff race.

Raiders/Seahawks in OT, tied at 34.

56 minutes ago, Calvada said:

Shouldn't he have been placed in the concussion protocol?!  Wow, that looked painful.  I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often on the sidelines.  

Kind of epitomizes the way the Rams season is going. 

1 minute ago, AimingforYoko said:

Not anymore. Has Josh McDaniel saved his job?

Mark Davis said a couple of weeks ago that he wasn't going anywhere. That saddened me, as I was in the front of the line with my pitchfork. 😀

• Love 1

Ravens need to stop relying on Justin Tucker to bail them out. You couldn’t get him closer and made him try a 67 yarder? Come on. And the Chargers had excellent play calling on the 2 point conversion. Figured they had to win this game to stay in the hunt and they succeeded. 

• Love 1

Watching Packers and Eagles now. Announcers are amazed at how Hurts can run with the ball and I suppose that's a good thing, but I can't help thinking it's also a weakness when you rely on your quarterback to save a play by his running ability. The quarterback should be able to rely on his teammates to complete the plays.

• Love 2

I was watching the Red Zone for the late games. If I were a Saints fan, I would be very frustrated right now. They were constantly in the red zone, and like inside the ten red zone, and still managed to not score.

58 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Not anymore. Has Josh McDaniel saved his job?

As a Giants fan, and somebody who likes Patrick Graham a lot, perhaps the Raiders might want to go in a different direction with their defense next year. Josh McDaniel seems like a good coach, but he needs to have a defense that can give up fewer than 25 points per game, especially since they're in the top ten in scoring offenses.

• Love 2

I'm on a Packers blog right now and all the sarcastic comments are about the Packers defensive plan:  tire Hurts out by letting him run crazy during the first half.  Most Packers fans want Joe Barry gone in the worst way.  

• Love 1

Eagles beat the Packers 40-33 in a very entertaining game, Eagles with 363 yards rushing tonight, they have a really good offense. The Packers kept pace with them pretty well but their defense couldn’t get any stops and their offense just couldn’t do enough. I think the Packers are officially out of the playoff race now, and it will be interesting to see what they do with Rodgers/Love going forward with Rodgers injured tonight. The Eagles have arguably the NFC’s best team and maintain the best record in the NFL. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Eagles beat the Packers 40-33 in a very entertaining game, Eagles with 363 yards rushing tonight, they have a really good offense. The Packers kept pace with them pretty well but their defense couldn’t get any stops and their offense just couldn’t do enough. I think the Packers are officially out of the playoff race now, and it will be interesting to see what they do with Rodgers/Love going forward with Rodgers injured tonight. The Eagles have arguably the NFC’s best team and maintain the best record in the NFL. 

I thought Love did a pretty good job.  His throw to Christian Watson for the TD was very sharp and crisp.

The Packers may want to let him start and Rodgers sit for the rest of the season to get and keep him healthy.

• Love 1

The Giants game on Thursday did monster ratings, which means the Cowboys are going to be thrust at us even MORE than they already are.

Execs do not give a shit if people are watching because they are Dallas fans, or if they are rooting for them to lose.  They only care that people watch.

I, on the other hand, would be perfectly fine reading about Cowboys losses in the newspaper.  Like, the loss to Green Bay was enjoyable because the Packers won.  To me, anyhow.  🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 3

The end of the first half and beginning of the second half is a microcosm of the Packers' season.  Cannot score, give the ball back to the Eagles, let them drive right down for a TD just before half, then the Packers get a good return of the kickoff to start the 3rd quarter and go 3 and out.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, NUguy514 said:
15 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Oh, I've been hating the Browns since the Watson deal.  I'd have loved to see them go 0-17.

I much rather see the Falcons, those scummy Rams, & Cowboys go 0-17. Who wouldn't love to see Jerry Jones having to suffer though an 0-17 season & having to be reminded about being a part of NFL futility forever?! The Falcons can go 0-17 for obvious reasons. The Rams can get bent.

The Giants game on Thursday did monster ratings, which means the Cowboys are going to be thrust at us even MORE than they already are.

Execs do not give a shit if people are watching because they are Dallas fans, or if they are rooting for them to lose.  They only care that people watch.

And now you see why OBJ would prefer to play for the Cowboys. He always needs attention & the Cowboys provided plenty of it & then some. You would think a Super Bowl ring that he got from those Rams last season would of been enough for him. Frankly, I want OBJ on the Cowboys. OBJ being a part of another Cowboys failure in the Playoffs will really put a smile on my face.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Magog said:

I much rather see the Falcons, those scummy Rams, & Cowboys go 0-17. Who wouldn't love to see Jerry Jones having to suffer though an 0-17 season & having to be reminded about being a part of NFL futility forever?! The Falcons can go 0-17 for obvious reasons. The Rams can get bent.

You talk as if there's a limit to the number of teams a fan can loathe.  If fan hatred and disdain could be converted into energy the world would have an inexhaustible supply.

Speaking of which, of course they'll always show the Cowboys, just like they'll always show the Lakers and Yankees. Say what you will about them, but they do not evoke indifference in most fans.

• Like 2

Despite all the lavish tongue-bathing given to Colts and Steelers (originally spelled Steekers) by the pregame crew, this game is just stumbling along and turning into a sackfest. 

Then there's that awful blonde lady plonking on the piano with the hoarse voice, trying to feed asparagus to a reindeer in an Old Navy commercial. Sorry not sorry!

• Love 3

I’m afraid Matty Ice is just washed up - he looks like shit tonight. Oh well, he’s given me some great memories as a Falcons fan, and he’ll go down as the best QB in franchise history as of now. Just too fucking bad he didn’t win that fucking Super Bowl 51. He needs to retire after this season though I think.

• Love 1

Steelers block the Colts' 59-yard field goal attempt three seconds before halftime. Score 16-3 Steelers.

Sounded like the announcer lady said, "have to talk through the booze," but I think she meant "boos."

• Love 1

Steelers win it 24-17. I’m afraid Ryan is just washed up and the Colts don’t have a good receiving unit. Colts needed to win this one in order to have a chance in the playoff race IMO, I don’t see them going anywhere.

Colts actually have decent wrs.  It's just no o line to give them time. And they need a real offensive coordinator.

Just are going to lose a bunch and draft a qb.  

The colts aren't awful. I've seen worse colts teams.  I know awful football teams from the colts. 

This is an awful offense with no offensive line and an old qb. Or really no left tackle and no right guard.  

The defense has been good but first half tonight was bad. Uncharacteristic of them. 

And turnovers. All year turnovers at horrible times.  Mostly fumbles not even ints

On 11/27/2022 at 5:28 PM, BlueSkies said:

Jacoby Brissett had been awesome for the Browns this year.

I was happy for Brissett.  He seems like a really nice guy and is certainly a team player.  He will savor this win for the rest of his life.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Aikman says, "It's hard to run or throw the football if you have a horseshoe on the side of your helmet."

THIS.   And they weren't catching it either.   Saturday looked clueless when the game wasn't as easy as last week, his lack of experience really showed.   He had no idea what to do with this game.  But, it doesn't matter who the coach would have been, it was still the same team that sucked under Reich.   They got no OLine to give the QB time to set up plays.   Their only decent receiver is Jonathan taylor.   But you can't just give the ball to him every time or other teams will just cover him.   

The pregame was really trying to cover over the controversy of hiring Saturday.   They said oh he's been INVOLVED with the team even while being an announcer so he came in ready to go.   Yeah, because talking to the owner and maybe stopping by a practice is the same as being an HC responsible for everything.   Then they said, what really matters is what the assistant coaches think.   They are all in on Saturday.   Suuuuuure they are.   If they protest they can be fired.   So what are they going to say "Man this is bullshit, one of us should have been interim, not this guy off the street."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

So what are they going to say "Man this is bullshit, one of us should have been interim, not this guy off the street."

I'm sure they are saying it behind Saturday's back. Successful head coaches inspire respect from their players and fellow coaches.  I don't see that  happening here.  If it's true Saturday already had coaching aspirations he would have been better served waiting for an assistant coach position.  If he fails at this job and I think he most likely will I don't see any head coaching jobs in his future.

Regarding the game it was more like the Colts lost than the Steelers won and I'm OK with that.  A win is a win is a win. I've never been all in on Najee Harris so I was glad to see Snell and McFarland (moved up from the practice squad, I loved him in preseason) get a lot of playing time.  

2 hours ago, Haleth said:
On 11/27/2022 at 5:28 PM, BlueSkies said:

Jacoby Brissett had been awesome for the Browns this year.

I was happy for Brissett.  He seems like a really nice guy and is certainly a team player.  He will savor this win for the rest of his life.

My apologies to Browns fans but once Watson is back I'm actively rooting for the Browns to never win a game again.  And sadly if they don't he still gets paid.  Good news for Brissett he has played well enough he might end up on another team with a chance to be the starter.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

My apologies to Browns fans but once Watson is back I'm actively rooting for the Browns to never win a game again.  And sadly if they don't he still gets paid.  Good news for Brissett he has played well enough he might end up on another team with a chance to be the starter.

I'm not a Browns fan, and this isn't an apology to yours truly.  Regardless of Watson being on the team or not, I usually wouldn't be rooting for the Browns to win, period.  To be honest, however, it is possible that Cleveland wins out.  It depends on the shape of their QB and the other typical stuff

10 minutes ago, Carey said:

I usually wouldn't be rooting for the Browns to win, period. 

I don't normally hate the Browns.  Unless of course the Steelers are playing them.  If they are playing a team I truly dislike like the Patriots or Cowboys I will root for them to win.  The Ravens on the other hand I hate and will only root for them if they are playing someone the Steelers need to lose.

18 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

You talk as if there's a limit to the number of teams a fan can loathe.  If fan hatred and disdain could be converted into energy the world would have an inexhaustible supply.

True. I hate the Clowns, the Bungles, the Ratbirds. And as I told my husband once,  no matter WHAT the sport, the words "Go Philly " will NEVER come out of my mouth. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Coaching staff of the colts is likely to be overhauled top to bottom after this year. And it should be. Jeff Saturday isn't staying next year. 

Harbaugh and Sean Payton should be the two top choices if you can convince them to take the job, but that's doubtful. Sean Payton will want a team with a qb in place. Harbaugh may not leave Michigan. 

It's obvious colts have to draft a qb though. Should have a top ten choice and try to maneuver for one of top 2 ot 3 options. 

But without a better left tackle no qb will work. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

And as I told my husband once,  no matter WHAT the sport, the words "Go Philly " will NEVER come out of my mouth. 

Usually I don't care about the Eagles.  But then they went on that undefeated streak this year and I had to root for them to lose simply because why not?  I think it's more enjoyable when there is no clear cut favorite to win the division/Super Bowl.  Right now the Chiefs are looking too good so I'm going to be rooting for them to lose. 

• Like 1

When it comes to Philly vs division foes or the Pats/Cowboys over other teams I dislike, I pretty much root for a good game.  That's about it.  Some people hope that both teams would lose, but really the only thing worth rooting for in a game featuring a couple teams one would hate would be a winning bet and a decent performance.  Though if one gets blown out I'd be like, "That sucks but maybe play better."

OTOH, there are teams that are likeable or have people that are "likeable" including Denver & Kansas City.  I don't see any negative press as it relates to Russ and Mahomes.  Other than one being a complete disaster this year and the other one's family humiliating the star, it's really the opposite of hate there.  Here I'd root for a great game.

Speaking of which, any second now RE: news that the Broncos/Chiefs game is getting booted from Sunday Night Football.  Feels like Russ/Denver have had a dozen and a half evening games out of a possible dozen.  Of course, other than 5 night games, they were featured in the morning earlier, but just makes Dolphins/Chargers on SNF official NFL!

17 minutes ago, Carey said:

OTOH, there are teams that are likeable or have people that are "likeable"

I liked SF because of Colin K.  And continue to like them because of Jimmy G.

I don't see any negative press as it relates to Russ and Mahomes.  Other than one being a complete disaster this year and the other one's family humiliating the star,

I don't necessarily dislike Patrick Mahomes but his family makes me just cringe which kinda carries over to him so I can't really root for him.

I am sad that things aren't working out for Russell Wilson.  But him leaving Seattle gave Geno Smith new life so I'm happy about that.

I pretty much root for a good game.

I agree with this.  I don't usually watch the four o'clock games until I check the scores around 630 and will turn on a good game.  This year I've seen the Rams lose quite a bit and I must say I've been enjoying that. 

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

True. I hate the Clowns, the Bungles, the Ratbirds. And as I told my husband once,  no matter WHAT the sport, the words "Go Philly " will NEVER come out of my mouth. 

And I hate the Squealers, the Patriots (Bellicheck ruined the Browns so much, Suckdell moved them to Baltimore), and the Cowgirls.

Everone has a team they hate.  But, if the Squeelers are in the SB, I will root for them because they’re an AFC North team, and hubby’s favorite.

Nothing, however, will ever ever get me to root for TTUN.  I can’t wait for them to choke in the Playoffs again.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

His debut is in HOUSTON? What genius in the Cleveland coaching corps thought that was a good idea? 

Possibly the league's idea.  It was an odd suspension in terms of number of games he was gone, but they so did not want his return to be opposite Brady and the Bucs

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

His debut is in HOUSTON? What genius in the Cleveland coaching corps thought that was a good idea? 

Wouldn’t surprise me if the NFL did it just for drama and intrigue.

And yeah it’s very weird that any of Watson’s accusers are going to the game, why would they want to go see someone who violated them? That reeks of being some kind of legal stunt.

• Applause 3
  • Love 1