Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Carey said:

I'm sorry but I needed that!  I think the infamous ChitChat needed that win too after the outcome of the other team.  Saints were sorta stale.  3 FG and not much more.  TB & TB didn't have to do too much here.  

This game is always a grudge match, and the Bucs tend to choke on MNF, so to come away with the win, we'll take it!

• Sad 2
11 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

Carolina has a good offensive line, probably the best they've had in years.  PJ Walker seemed pretty relaxed, standing in the pocket and slinging it.

Maybe the best they've had in years, but nothing compared to Cleveland's O-line, and still not a very good one.

12 hours ago, Carey said:

I'm not a Cowboys fan, but one of the things that would be livid is if Tampa ends up defeating Dallas by any means at Raymond James Stadium.  While people would laugh at the 1995 NFL Champions, I'd be pissed given the fact that it's possible a team with twice as many wins would have to travel to Tampa.

Of course, TB12 is undefeated against them Cowboys, and the 2021 NFC East Champions were nearly shutout at home in Week One.

The reason why I'd be mad is a Dallas loss to Tampa in the postseason may result in a reactionary rule change where people with a better record get to host a playoff game.  If that happens, so be it.  However, on a related note, I'd need to see the entire NFC East make the playoffs, which might force a different, and long overdue change.  To be more specific, 8-team divisions.  That is four 8-team divisions instead of eight 4-team divisions

They aren't going back to bigger divisions.  Would have to redo the whole scheduling process. 

I think the team with the better record should host the game. It happens often. The Panthers at 7-9 won the south and host a game. Such BS. Colts as well one year 12-4 and went to San Diego as a division winner.  So it's not reactionary to change it.  It's been  problem for years. 

I fact the chargers colts thing. .....so it used to be the division winner hosts but then for drafting they went just by regular season record. So the colts had to travel for the playoffs and then had a lower draft spot than the team hosting them.  They at least changed it so playoffs help determine draft order. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Lamar injury update: sprained PCL. The Ravens didn't say how much time he'd miss, but that injury generally sidelines a player 1-3 weeks. 

It sidelines a QB like Peyton Manning for a week or two. Slap a brace on him and send him out there. 

Jackson might be a little bit more tricky. He can't be himself with a brace on, and you certainly don't want him out there doing what he does with the chance of making it worse.  I hope for his case that he will be healed enough to get back on the field at full speed before the end of the year.

• Love 4

Just finished my football...

Vikings! Giving me a heart attack again. 😬 Woo hoo!

Bengals take down KC and a boo hoo face from Mahomes. YAY! 🥳

OMG, they killed Jimmy! You bastards!!! 😭 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JTMacc99 said:

It sidelines a QB like Peyton Manning for a week or two. Slap a brace on him and send him out there. 

Jackson might be a little bit more tricky. He can't be himself with a brace on, and you certainly don't want him out there doing what he does with the chance of making it worse.  I hope for his case that he will be healed enough to get back on the field at full speed before the end of the year.

It all depends on the severity of the sprain, I suppose. I happen to enjoy him, so I hope he heals quickly. 

Rams with the Mayfield block! Suck it Niners! 

Edited by Salacious Kitty

Time for week 14 picks! I did pretty rotten with last week's picks, mainly, I think, because there were fewer interleague games. Also I like to pick underdogs and those teams aren't winning against the way better teams.

Raiders vs Rams*
Vikings vs Lions
Ravens vs Steelers
Browns vs Bengals
Jets vs Bills
Texans vs Cowboys
Eagles vs Giants
Jaguars vs Titans
Chiefs vs Broncos
Panthers vs Seahawks
Buccaneers vs 49ers
Dolphins vs Chargers
Patriots vs Cardinals

Edited by Lamb18

Von Miller officially out for the year. Very tough break for the Bills, he’s been arguably their best defensive player and he was a huge part of their defense which has already been riddled with injuries.

• Sad 5

So did the Cowgirls accidentally release OBJ’s medical notes because they want o ruin his comeback or to keep off all others comers so they can grab him cheap?

And can Sean McVay rehab Baker and help him unlearn all those bad habits he fell back into while with CAR?

I think the first is unethical no matter the reason.  Each team will make their own decision, but if it were me, I don’t think I’d want to pay him with all the injuries he’s had the last few years.

It might be too late in the season to rush Baker back into QB shape, but McVay might be able to do it if he had enough time.

Here are my picks for Week 14’s games 

Raiders over Rams.  
Bills over Jets.   
Bengals over Browns.  
Cowboys over Texans. 
Vikings over Lions.  
Titans over Jaguars   
Eagles over Giants.  
Steelers over Ravens.  
Chiefs over Broncos. 
Buccaneers over 49ers.   
Seahawks over Panthers.   
Dolphins over Chargers. 
Patriots over Cardinals 

The Rams acquiring Baker Mayfield is such a waste.  It's incredible, but the Rams have noting to play for.  Not sure Baker will be out of the league by next year as teams need a QB, but the respect amongst players isn't really there.

BTW, I think the Rams will be the 3rd team eliminated from playoff contention.  They actually need to win to stay alive.  I actually considered predicting a tie, which would mean I'd be picking LA to cover by default.  Furthermore their demise would be made official with a Seahawks won (and if L.A. won, they'd still be done if Seattle won but Philadelphia actually lost on Sunday). 

I think they still will cover the 6.5 line as it's road action for Vegas on a short week.  On a related note, I don't think the teams combine to reach 44 points

• Love 2
18 hours ago, roamyn said:

So did the Cowgirls accidentally release OBJ’s medical notes because they want o ruin his comeback or to keep off all others comers so they can grab him cheap?

And can Sean McVay rehab Baker and help him unlearn all those bad habits he fell back into while with CAR?

I think the first is unethical no matter the reason.  Each team will make their own decision, but if it were me, I don’t think I’d want to pay him with all the injuries he’s had the last few years.

It might be too late in the season to rush Baker back into QB shape, but McVay might be able to do it if he had enough time.

Pretty sure the first is a lawsuit waiting to happen over a HIPAA violation. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Carey said:

The Rams acquiring Baker Mayfield is such a waste.  It's incredible, but the Rams have noting to play for.  Not sure Baker will be out of the league by next year as teams need a QB, but the respect amongst players isn't really there.

It seems like this is McVay kicking the tires on Mayfield. 

Stafford isn't a young guy, and between the injuries that nagged him all year and now the kind of neck injury that might require something like a spinal fusion, the Rams might be in the market for a QB next year. At the very least, they're in the market for a backup QB that might have to play significant time in 2023.

McVay would likely think he could put together an offense that will fit Baker's skill set.

I don't think this pick up has anything to do with 2022.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Pretty sure the first is a lawsuit waiting to happen over a HIPAA violation. 

It's illegal. I have to take information security and privacy training every year at work. If I was a Cowboys player, I'd be nervous knowing that Cowboys don't respect your personal information.

• Love 2
On 12/5/2022 at 10:12 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

Damn. TB12 does it again with another 4th quarter comeback.

I'm super late with my comments, but I've been out of town.  I just watched the last 5 minutes of that game, and dayum, why can't our guys play like that the other 3 & 3/4's of a game!! I was on the edge of my seat, even though I knew the outcome!!  I'm blown away by how the Bucs made that happen!  Dear Bucs:  Please play lights out for 4 entire quarters from here on out!  

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

That was a beautiful textbook punchout by Chandler Jones.  Damn.

I am amused how many Raiders fans there still apparently are in Los Angeles, and how many bought tickets to this game.

We're everywhere! 😀 

The Raiders had a great fanbase during their time in LA. Good to see they stuck around after all this time. I wouldn't discount fans from No Cal coming down as well. 

• Love 5

Rams look like shit pretty much so far, there’s no excuse for them being this bad, even with their holes and lack of depth they should be better. Carr with an awful pick though right before the half in the red zone, will be interesting to see if that changes the game’s momentum.

• Love 1

Halftime now, Raiders ahead 13-10.

With the attention on Baker Mayfield tonight, I thought of his old home at Progressive Stadium and thought, I don't think Deshaun Watson will be in the Progressive commercials.

I still snicker at the Patrick Mahomes curly mustache commercial. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

It's illegal. I have to take information security and privacy training every year at work. If I was a Cowboys player, I'd be nervous knowing that Cowboys don't respect your personal information.

I spent 30 years in information security, the last 10 of which were as CISO. So yeah,  unless he signed  something giving the team the right to release his medical information to the public,  they definitely violated the law. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I am amused how many Raiders fans there still apparently are in Los Angeles,

Raiders games were hella fun back in the day.  After the Rams left the Coliseum in the late '70s, they played down in Anaheim, which is not L.A., so the Raiders were the only team in town for a time.  And then we didn't have one at all, but the Raiders were just up north.  So, yeah, lots of fans here still (plus it's an easy trip down for Bay Area fans and an easy trip over for Vegas fans -- an away game that's accessible).  They're still my AFC team, even though I'm an NFC person, based on those '80s memories.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

The last two minutes here are the most exciting. And Rams just scored a touchdown with 9 seconds left in the game!! Tied right now at 16, but the extra point hasn't been kicked yet.

And it's 17-16! Rams ahead by one!

And Mayfield is saying Suck it, Panthers and Browns!

• Love 2

And what a catastrophic loss for the Raiders. They weren't making the playoffs or anything but they were playing better. But to lose to a 3-9 team who just picked a QB off the waiver wire three days ago? Yikes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Unless Derek Carr is traveling by another means, between now and sometime on Friday, we'll find out if the Raiders packed any life savers as they make the trip back to Las Vegas.  But no precautionary measures needed to avoid drowning if he isn't with the team back home

• Love 2

Their season still sucks, and they beat another shitty team, but that was one hell of a 98-yard drive to win a meaningless game.  That's the best I can hope for from the Rams this year -- that final drive was just plain fun, something that's been sorely lacking.  (And, of course, aided by the Raiders usual pattern of screwing themselves with penalties.)

• Love 5

HOLY FUCK, what a comeback win for the Rams and what a choke by the Raiders. Mayfield played very well and I’ve always thought he could be a decent QB under the right circumstances, maybe he’s found a home in LA. But the Raiders shit the bed horribly, no excuse for losing that game, games like this are why I do not trust the Raiders or Carr, and I think McDaniels is a poor coach. Embarrassing loss for the Raiders. But at least it was an exciting finish to a mostly dull game.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

HOLY FUCK, what a comeback win for the Rams and what a choke by the Raiders. Mayfield played very well and I’ve always thought he could be a decent QB under the right circumstances, maybe he’s found a home in LA. But the Raiders shit the bed horribly, no excuse for losing that game, games like this are why I do not trust the Raiders or Carr, and I think McDaniels is a poor coach. Embarrassing loss for the Raiders. But at least it was an exciting finish to a mostly dull game.

Gotta disagree.  It's not that embarrassing of a loss.  Well it is, except they lost at home to a team without a coach.

Well, this helps toward the Brady-Belichick-McDaniels reunion in 2023!

• LOL 1

Happy as a Rams fan, and happy for Baker Mayfield. Maybe he’s found a home? I know it’s one game but why not? And he got all the WRs involved that were not doing much this season since he doesn’t have a favorite yet. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Mayfield played very well and I’ve always thought he could be a decent QB under the right circumstances, maybe he’s found a home in LA.

I couldn't stand the guy in college, and nothing of the little attention I paid to his time in the NFL changed that perception.  But, then again, I didn't like Matthew Stafford for many years but became a fan.  It's way too early to tell, and Mayfield didn't set the league on fire tonight, but he played well for a guy who joined the team in a time that can be easily measured by hours before.

• Love 4