Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

It's half a loss and half a win.  Fortunately the league goes by percentage.  So if you're 7-4 & tie, it's 7.5 - 4.5.  divide 7.5 by 12  [total win number / (total win number + total loss number)].  That's what they'll go by (for everything)

• Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Garoppolo injured on a sack against the Dolphins and Brock Purdy is coming in to play QB for the Niners. Fins up 7-3 early.

I'm going to go throw up.  TWICE.

• LOL 2

Niners take a 17-10 lead on the Bengals just before halftime, Purdy doing a solid job in place of Jimmy G, the Niners have a very talented team.

Bengals up 14-10 on the Chiefs, Chiefs just stopped them in the red zone though, very exciting game between 2 good teams. 

Seahawks up 14-13 on the Rams.

Chargers and Raiders tied at 10. 

Tua looks like crap today. 

Fixed it for you!

All joking aside, Tua has done great.  While exceeding expectations, everyone still has a ways to go.  This wasn't a surprise.  When facing a tough team and/or a team inside the cold elements, this was expected.  The game is not over yet. I sorta hope Jimmy G's week isn't either.  He was never going to outduel Brady, but I was waiting for that matchup the whole year.  One of several reasons I hate the schedule makers.

Well, if Jimmy G were to have out performed Tom, that's due to the Niners defense being more dangerous than this season's Bucs squad

• Love 1

Both the Fins/Niners and Bengals/Chiefs games are great. Very close games, the Bengals just can’t score a TD in the red zone right now, so the Chiefs are up 4, and the Niners are up 6 on the Fins, Tua hasn’t looked good but the Fins are still alive.

• Love 1

I wonder who's going in for Garrapolo. I saw he is out of the game with a hurt foot.

Mahomes is mad after the missed field goal.  He took his helmet off and slammed it to the ground.

Edited by Lamb18
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

If Kansas City loses, at least it will not be due to being unable to hold a decent lead against a team that is the sole reason for the Browns longest winning streak since the Ravens became an NFL thing

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Purdy. He's actually better than Jimmy G.

What? No one is prettier than Jimmy G!

(sorry.  Low-hanging fruit I could not resist)

I swear one of Joe Burrow’s audibles was either “muffin top” or “Rocky Top” and since I can’t think of any reason why he would go with “Rocky Top”, I’m just going to go with “muffin top”.  I can’t remember if the play was successful.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Bengals get the win over the Chiefs 27-24, great win for the Bengals, Burrow was excellent and the Bengals moved the ball well, Perine with over 100 yards rushing in place of Mixon, and the Bengals defense got enough stops to get them the win.

Niners beat the Fins, great win for the Niners playing without Jimmy G for most of the day, their defense shut down the Dolphins offense for the most part and they have a very good team.

• Love 2

Chargers lose to the Raiders - embarrassing loss for the Chargers, they are just so unpredictable and impossible to trust, and they always seem to shit the bed against bad teams and lose games they shouldn’t lose. No excuse for that loss.

• Love 2

That fucking sucks for Jimmy G and the Niners. He was having a strong season and they were prime Super Bowl contenders, now I’m not sure how far they can go, Purdy looked okay today but I don’t see him leading them on a playoff run. I hate injuries to star players and I really feel for Garoppolo and the Niners.

• Sad 1
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Chargers lose to the Raiders - embarrassing loss for the Chargers, they are just so unpredictable and impossible to trust, and they always seem to shit the bed against bad teams and lose games they shouldn’t lose. No excuse for that loss.

The Raiders were actually favorites in the game since the Chargers are decimated by injuries. It was closer than I thought it would be.

• Love 1

Refs suck this game.  Lamb was down. Obvious holding on the run td right in the middle of the play.  No face mask against Dallas. 

Colts holding in it though. Which has been typical all year. They aren't getting blown out.  Games have mostly even close. 

Big INT there for the Cowboys right before the half, Ryan has unfortunately been something of a turnover machine and I’m afraid he just doesn’t have it anymore, I think he needs to retire after this season. Cowboys score a TD on a Dak to Gallup pass, 21-13 Cowboys now. Good game but the Colts offense is outmatched by the Cowboys defense. 

• Love 1

To go back to earlier today...

The Browns defense and special teams scored every Browns points.  Zippo for Watson and offense.

Sad for Jimmy G and hope Lamar fares better.  Didn't expect the Ravens to pull that out without Lamar and got scared that they left 30 seconds on the clock when the Broncos only needed a field goal.  I've seen that go south too often.

• Love 4

I'll take a loss because the season is over and helps the colts draft. 

But the refs this game are horrendous and nfl rules stupid. 

No int?  Hands were under the ball. No different than end of the half play. 

Then the colts get a penalty on a return that didn't exist because it was incomplete. But the penalty still counts. 

F*** This game. 

• Love 2

And this game is over as Ryan throws another pick and Pollard has a TD run a couple of plays later. The Cowboys are rolling right now and have a really strong team on both sides of the ball, their defense is especially dangerous.

Ryan is just washed up I’m afraid, I’ve always been a fan of him as he’s the best Falcons QB ever, but he needs to retire, he just doesn’t have it anymore and is turning it over a lot. He’s had a strong career with many great years in ATL, it’s just a fucking shame he didn’t win Super Bowl 51.

• Love 2

This game is getting out of hand. Dallas intercepted the ball again and just scored again. It's now 40-19. Colts put up a good fight but they couldn't sustain it.

With the Kansas City loss, the Vikings stand alone with the second best record in the NFL. At least until next Sunday. 

P.S. Dallas just intercepted the ball again.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 2

And then the colts just blow it all in the 4th quarter.  

But that also was not defensive pass int. 

8 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

And this game is over as Ryan throws another pick and Pollard has a TD run a couple of plays later. The Cowboys are rolling right now and have a really strong team on both sides of the ball, their defense is especially dangerous.

Ryan is just washed up I’m afraid, I’ve always been a fan of him as he’s the best Falcons QB ever, but he needs to retire, he just doesn’t have it anymore and is turning it over a lot. He’s had a strong career with many great years in ATL, it’s just a fucking shame he didn’t win Super Bowl 51.

Ryan has missed simple throws tonight and doesn't seem to have any velocity on some of them. 

• Love 1

This is just ugly at this point. I hope they make the permanent decision and not play Matt Ryan anymore. I know some of the turnovers werent his fault but his throws don’t look very good. What a waste of Jonathan Taylor’s talent.
Cowboys showboating. I can’t wait until they do their usual choke job in the playoffs. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4

What a very lovely football game!  I guess the Colts were content in keeping in 517 year-old Matt Ryan to run up that turnover total.

It sounds crazy, but when we read Internet content that Jeff Saturday gets kicked out in favor of the 2nd interim HC Curtis Painter, it's a non-sober plan come true!

• Love 1