Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Bastet said:

Which is going to make today's game incredibly painful.

They’re hanging in there despite having SO many practice squad players out there. They’re very well coached, which lets them stay in games because other teams make stupid mistakes. (Per Bill Parcells, more games are lost than are won.)

That’s kind of what they’re trying to do here. One more TD from Dallas to start the 4th quarter and I’d assume that’ll be the game. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Bills win it on a last second FG. Very good game, both teams played well, Lions just can’t find ways to win close games it seems.

I thought the Lions did a great job keeping pace w/the Bills.  But the coaches blew this one with poor time & time out mgmt in the 4th.

But no reason to hang their heads.  Goff has one less interception to Allen (and that was another red zone INT).

• Love 2

Cowboys completely dominate the second half and get the win 28-20. Cowboys played better game and it felt like they dominated by more than the final score indicated. The Cowboys have a very good defense and a solid, balanced offense, they are a very good team. I can’t say the same about the Giants, I think injuries are hurting them and I just don’t see them as a team that can contend in the playoffs, I don’t think Daniel Jones is a strong QB, and their defense got shredded in the second half and is not that talented. Daboll has done a good job getting a lot out of the Giants, but I don’t see them as a legitimate strong team. 

• Like 1

Excellent game between the Pats and Vikings. Mac Jones is making some plays for the Pats while the Vikings look pretty good as well, Justin Jefferson is a beast. Game could go either way, Vikings defense does look somewhat weak, injuries in the secondary are playing a part in that, but the Vikings are moving well against the Pats D also.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, roamyn said:

I thought the Lions did a great job keeping pace w/the Bills.  But the coaches blew this one with poor time & time out mgmt in the 4th.

But no reason to hang their heads.  Goff has one less interception to Allen (and that was another red zone INT).

I guess it's easy now to say but they probably should have went for it on 4th and 1 and went for the TD.  Giving the ball back to Allen with 0:23 left and 3 timeouts is dangerous 

• Love 3

Vikings beat the Pats 33-26, good game, Vikings defense showed up towards the end and got some stops, and the Vikings offense moved the ball well, and they have a lot of weapons on offense and they bounced back really well after getting destroyed on Sunday. I like what the Vikings have a lot, and the Pats have been somewhat surprising, I didn’t see it coming that they would have this solid of a record at this point in the year.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

The sideline announcer is talking to Kirk Cousins, Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen. Thielen starts choking a little because his turkey leg is dry and the announcer says, "Your mom always told you not to eat with food in your mouth."

5 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Vikings beat the Pats 33-26, good game, Vikings defense showed up towards the end and got some stops, and the Vikings offense moved the ball well, and they have a lot of weapons on offense and they bounced back really well after getting destroyed on Sunday. I like what the Vikings have a lot, and the Pats have been somewhat surprising, I didn’t see it coming that they would have this solid of a record at this point in the year.

Vikings had six different guys catch the ball and maybe one or two more that I missed. Jefferson, Thielen, Cook, Hockenson, Mundt and Reagor.

Yay! 9 and 2! Magic number is 2, even if Green Bay wins on Sunday.

• Love 2

Do not serve those guys dry turkey, demand they take a bite, and then expect them to talk! That bird was so tough and dry, Thielen had to spit it out cuz he was physically unable to swallow it. They are lucky they didn't end up having to Heimlich the Vikings! Great game!

PS. Lions should have won that game. Terrible final drive.  

10 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I thought the defenses on both teams were terrible.  At times the secondaries were good, at other times coverage was so bad there was a yard or more between Reciever & Defender.  Both teams traded scores equally.  Both QBs played well.

If they weren’t playing the Pats, or if they had the Bills instead, this could’ve been another ugly Vikings loss.

Edited by roamyn

Lately it seems like one or all Thanksgiving games are shit, so this year was a nice refresher to have all one-score games.  Even if the middle game was even more shit.

My newspaper today had a “This Date in Sports” section I didn’t notice before.  The first entry was “1925 - Red Grange, playing his first game as a professional with the Chicago Bears, is held to 36 yards in a 0-0 tie with the Chicago Cardinals.”  That’s pretty neat, I think, and then read further.  “2007 - Minnesota returns three interceptions by Eli Manning for touchdowns in a 41-17 win over the New York Giants.”  Oh but it gets worse!  “Darren Sharper scores on a 20-yard return, Dwight Smith rumbles 93 yards (!) and Chad Greenway follows from 37 yards just a few plays later”.  Well fuck you very much, newspaper.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, mojoween said:

“2007 - Minnesota returns three interceptions by Eli Manning for touchdowns in a 41-17 win over the New York Giants.”  Oh but it gets worse!  “Darren Sharper scores on a 20-yard return, Dwight Smith rumbles 93 yards (!) and Chad Greenway follows from 37 yards just a few plays later”.  

Think of it as, "Media underestimates NY Giants one of many times on the way to their Super Bowl win in February, 2008."

I read in chunks and the first thing I thought when you wrote, "fuck you very much" was that you were pissed that they even mentioned that scumbag Darren Sharper.  Then I read for context.

• Love 2
On 11/25/2022 at 6:55 AM, mojoween said:

Lately it seems like one or all Thanksgiving games are shit, so this year was a nice refresher to have all one-score games.  Even if the middle game was even more shit.

I knew the Giants couldn't keep it up for another half, so that game was going to go to shit, and I didn't pay much attention to the evening game as I was cooking, but I was quite pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the Lions-Bills game.  I always root for the Lions on Thanksgiving, and especially this game when they were such underdogs, and wish they'd pulled it out.

• Like 1

Holy fuck, Nathan Peterman starting at QB for the Bears today. How is this guy still in the league, I still remember him throwing 5 picks in a half a few years ago, he’s horrid. So the Bears/Jets game is Nathan Peterman vs Mike White at QB, wow.

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Wait.  We were PROMISED Peterman, that Siemian got hurt during warmups.  But here he is, with no Peterman in sight.  I feel cheated.

LOL I guess Siemian and the Bears would rather have Siemian play hurt than start Peterman.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

This can’t be real.  It is real, but it shouldn’t be real.  Never give Daniel Snyder something that he can absolutely fuck up. 

Nothing memorializes a football great and murder victim like a statue that erases all traces of his face and his body.

Edited by meowmommy
  • Sad 4
  • Love 3

Titans up 10-3 on the Bengals in the biggest of the early games.

Falcons and Commanders tied at 10 in a good battle.

Dolphins destroying the Texans, up 20-0, Tua looks strong once again and the Fins are dominating all around.

Browns up 10-7 on the Bucs looking to pull off an upset.

The Texans are complete shit, we all knew they would be weak but holy fuck they are terrible. Dolphins just carving them up all around and swarming them, 30-0 Fins at halftime.

Jags up 7-6 on the Ravens, I have some questions about the Ravens, their defense is strong and they are able to run the ball well but Lamar isn’t a great passer and his weapons are limited, I’m not sure how far they can go playing the way they are.

Panthers beating the Broncos, the Broncos offense is horrid and lifeless.

46 minutes ago, mojoween said:

In my 36 years of watching football, never has a team felt more irrelevant than the Houston Texans.

The 1976 Orange Creamsicles were pretty irrelevant, but that's outside your 36 year viewing window.  (Damn, I'm old.)  When you're only remembered because you're so dreadfully bad and your own coach says wryly, in response to a question about your team's execution, "I'm in favor of it," you have no business calling yourself a major league franchise.

Maybe expansion teams should have to play their way into the NFL.  Have a junior varsity league and only the winners get to join the big league.  If your franchise hasn't made it into the league in, say, four seasons, it goes away.  And the other way around.  If your NFL team hasn't made the playoffs in X number of seasons, it goes back to the JV league and has to earn its way back to the NFL.

Who am I kidding?  It's all about $$$$.  Advertisers still pay, and ticket patrons still buy, seemingly regardless of quality of product.

There are too many teams and not enough A-list talent to support the league as it currently stands.  Especially as more and more young boys are being steered by their parents away from competitive football.  A generation ago, half the number of players currently active would not have made an NFL roster. 

• LOL 1

GODDAMN IT FUCK FUCK THE FALCONS THROW A PICK ON THE GOAL LINE. STUPID FUCKING CALL ARTHUR, WE WERE RUNNING THE BALL WELL AND THE COMMANDERS HAD NO TIMEOUTS LEFT AND WE COULD RUN THE CLOCK MORE IF WE RAN IT BUT NO YOU HAVE MARIOTA THROW IT, FUCK THIS SHIT. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

And the Falcons don’t even get it back because of a fucking roughing the punter penalty. Fuck. Heartbreaking loss, we easily could’ve won that game, fuck fuck fuck.

Bucs and Browns are tied towards the end of regulation, exciting game.

Jets destroy the Bears, Mike White played excellent, 300 yards and 3 TD’s, I have to wonder if he stays the QB going forward as he played better today than Zach Wilson played all season. 

Bengals get a big road win over the Titans, 20-16, the Bengals have played very well after their rough start, they aren’t getting much attention but they are having a good season. I just don’t trust the Titans, I don’t think Tannehill is that good and if you can take away the run game you can beat them IMO. 

Browns/Bucs in OT, while I don’t hate Brady like some do, I’m pulling for the Browns because it will help keep the Falcons in the division race if the Bucs lose, so let’s fucking go Browns!!

3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Holy fuck, Nathan Peterman starting at QB for the Bears today. How is this guy still in the league, I still remember him throwing 5 picks in a half a few years ago, he’s horrid. So the Bears/Jets game is Nathan Peterman vs Mike White at QB, wow.

Mike White from School of Rock? Wow, indeed!

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Panthers beating the Broncos, the Broncos offense is horrid and lifeless.

Just left BOA stadium. The Broncos offense is hot garbage. Russell Wilson has no confidence and looks a shell of himself. 

• Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1

Chiefs up 7-0 on the Rams, impressive TD pass from Mahomes to Kelce there.

Niners up 3-0 on the Saints.

Cards up 10-0 on the Chargers, Kyler Murray back in for the Cards and the Chargers are really struggling this week, they are so unpredictable.

Seahawks up 10-7 on the Raiders.

5 minutes ago, woodstock said:

Just left BOA stadium. The Broncos offense is hot garbage. Russell Wilson has no confidence and looks a shell of himself. 

It’s bizarre how the Broncos get who they thought would be a good QB for the first time since Peyton retired, and they wind up having an even worse offense. Wilson looks washed up and the Broncos are just horrid on offense.

• Love 1