Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

As much as that sucked for the Jets, it really didn't.  While it's easier said than done, New York could've scored more.  Always go above and beyond so that whenever the officials blunder, it has no effect on the official outcome

Just now, Carey said:

As much as that sucked for the Jets, it really didn't.  While it's easier said than done, New York could've scored more.  Always go above and beyond so that whenever the officials blunder, it has no effect on the official outcome

Well duh. 😀 I already had commentary about the Jets' shitty offensive output. NE wasn't doing much themselves. 

Wow, surprised Adam Thielen can do a commercial for Choice Bank since US Bank is a major sponsor of the Vikings.

Oh no we are blessed with Tony the Tiger today as announcer. I hope he is not a jinx since he will be cheering for Dallas.

The Skol Line drummer must have some muscles pounding that drum.

Jinx!

• Love 2

Yet another situation where an anticipated game gets bumped in my area for a Bengals game.  Both were due to a schedule change, but if Dallas/Minnesota is low scoring, it would've been the right call.  Though I hardly think Steelers/Bengals will match last year's Niners/Bengals

5 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Jets lost in the most jets way possible. 

Nah.  That's a Browns/Lions thing.  It's a Jets thing as it relates to games against the Patriots.  But it's a "hold my beer" moment with Cleveland & Detroit.  FWIW, just this year the Jets benefited from the Browns losing in the most Browns way possible.  As for Detroit, the postseason may not happen but man, got love that team right now.  It's possible that in 2023, things will be on the positive side

40 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Jets lost in the most jets way possible. 

Zach Wilson had 2 yards passing in the second half.  

Slight correction: 2 yards of total offense in the 2nd half for the Jets. 

My favorites were the two times he tried to throw the immediate fastball screen to the WR who has a 10 yard cushion from the CB, hoping to gain a couple of yards. Both of them sailed 5 feet over the WRs head. 

Edited by Fukui San
  • Mind Blown 2

Cowboys are dominating the Vikings, up 20-3 right now and dominating in every phase of the game. I wouldn’t count the Vikings out though, especially after last week.

Bengals up 17-10 on the Steelers, Burrow playing really well right now, 2 TD passes to Perine.

Broncos up 10-7 on the Raiders.

• Love 1

Romo on Maher having to re-kick a long field goal: "He made a 53 yarder earlier, he made a 60 yarder a minute ago. I don't think he makes this one."

Maher nails it dead center.

Romo: "I told you, he never misses over 60! <some other unintelligible shouty mess>"

Me: "SHUT UP, ROMO, YOU IDIOT."

Edited by emma675
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I didn’t see if they did this for Minnesota, but I’ve never let the facts get in the way of my hatred for the fucking Cowboys, so what the fuck, CBS?  “Coming up…Dak Prescott” before a commercial break?  Fuck Dallas.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Disheartening first half for Vikings and fans. A win is not impossible but Dallas is playing pretty good against us and exploiting our weaknesses. Darrisaw going out hurt the offensive line.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Romo on Maher having to re-kick a long field goal: "He made a 53 yarder earlier, he made a 60 yarder a minute ago. I don't think he makes this one."

Maher nails it dead center.

Romo: "I told you, he never misses over 60! <some other intelligible shouty mess>"

Me: "SHUT UP, ROMO, YOU IDIOT."

Dall-ass - Minnesota is all NFC, but it's on CBS.  Raiders - Denver is all AFC, but it's on Fox.  Why?  I thought they only took interconference games from each other, and only when the TV schedule was lopsided.

4 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I didn’t see if they did this for Minnesota, but I’ve never let the facts get in the way of my hatred for the fucking Cowboys, so what the fuck, CBS?  “Coming up…Dak Prescott” before a commercial break?  Fuck Dallas.

I noticed some of that last week. 

And that Dak Prescott is always just "Dak," as if he's their bestie.  Well, he is Romo's current heartthrob.

I'm not sure the Giants will win another game this year.  😪

Edited by meowmommy

This is just horrible. I was right to be worried about this set of four games. We made it past Buffalo OK, but I knew Dallas would be tough and Patriots are improving. (We play them on Thursday.)

We play Jets after the Patriots.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, meowmommy said:
23 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Dall-ass - Minnesota is all NFC, but it's on CBS.  Raiders - Denver is all AFC, but it's on Fox.  Why?  I thought they only took interconference games from each other, and only when the TV schedule was lopsided.

They changed this a few years ago, CBS is no longer exclusively AFC and FOX is no longer NFC.  They have some sort of dealio where each network picks a game or somesuch.  It pisses me off because sometimes Buffalo then boots the Giants out of the Syracuse market where it wouldn’t have before when each network was for one conference.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

This has gotten extremely ugly, 37-3 Cowboys lead it, Vikings laying a total egg and I’m wondering if they are having a letdown after their thrilling win last week. They look like shit today. And the Cowboys look terrific, their defense is dominating and swarming the Vikings, while their offense has moved the ball with ease. 

• Love 1

Romo talks over Jim Nantz so much.  He's got to learn to shut up to give Nantz a couple seconds to set up the play - down & distance, offensive/defensive alignment, etc.  Way too often Romo is still talking when the ball is snapped.  Every time I watch a game with Nantz and Romo, I become more & more convinced that Romo is paid by the word.

• Love 3

We've still got the Vikings/Cowboys here but I am in Dallas, lol. Romo should not be allowed to call Cowboys games. He is so biased, he has talked 95% about the Cowboys (I know the Vikings look awful today, but there are two teams playing), and he's babbled nonsense per usual for more than half the game. He is just the worst.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Romo lost me when he called us "MinnesotEEans"....Bite me Romo. You may love Dallas but ,my god, at least LEARN about the other half of the audience that js watching the game....or trying NOt to watch the slaughter...even our loss to Philly in the NFC championship wasn't this ugly...and we scored more points that game, than this one.....So, far this shitshow, I have to wait another 30 minutes or longer for a NEW Equalizer????? Yeah, huh..

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Bengals with a great drive culminating with Perine’s 3rd TD of the game, Burrow screams “LET’S FUCKING GO” and it’s heard clearly on the tv LOL. Bengals pretty much have this one wrapped up as they stop the Steelers now and lead it 34-23.

• Love 1

Well this sorry game is finally over. Sorry, Dallas haters, that my team disappointed you. I'm disappointed, too.

On the other hand, it was likely Vikings were going to lose another game this season. A 40-3 loss is embarrassing but I think it is easier on a team than a super close one that you lose on the last play. Maybe Vikings will be motivated to have a blowout against Patriots.

(Sob) now I have to tell myself that my family is OK, I still have a job, still have my house and my car, etc.... my life is still fine.

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

Chiefs win a thriller over the Chargers 30-27. Fantastic game, both teams played well, but the Chiefs offense was too much for the Chargers, Kelce was fantastic and the Chiefs moved the ball well despite having some injuries on offense. Terrific game, and I think the Chiefs have the best team in the NFL right now.

4 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

Can't wait until next preseason for football nerds and pundits to declare that this is the year for the inevitable rise of Justin Herbert and the Chargers again.

This loss wasn’t on Herbert at all - he played well. And the Chargers have had a decent year, especially considering how many injuries they’ve dealt with - Bosa has been out, Allen has been out, Williams has missed time, and several other guys have been out as well. I think Herbert is a good QB and the Chargers have a shot at the playoffs this year.

• Like 1