Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, twoods said:

Who is the backup backup for WTF? I’m surprised they are keeping this so close- good for them for not giving up.

They're saying Steven Montez. (not sure of spelling)

• Love 2

I hope the Saints go back to the era where they sucked worse than the Cleveland Browns and New York Jets once did.  I mean that.  BUT? For one reason only: If Chicago wins tomorrow!

If Chicago does pull off the upset, Tampa would make history as being the first 5 seed to host a playoff game and the first time a team that started its playoff run on the road hosted a playoff game later in the same postseason.  The 2010 Baltimore Ravens were the closest someone ever came to reaching that feat.  

The honor of a road playoff team hosting a conference championship game is less likely even if the Bucs were to win, but if New Orleans wins as expected, it's still possible (but very, very unlikely if LA's injuries doom them)

WFT played this one well.   Heinke is one tough dude.   Hubby got home from work in time to watch the end of the game and he said "Don't be surprised if we hear tomorrow he has a busted clavicle."   He was clearly in pain but was doing his best for the team.   If they had advanced, he could NOT play next week.   

Tom Brady was very surprised he was allowed to be sacked.   He is really not use to that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Tom Brady was very surprised he was allowed to be sacked.   He is really not use to that.

His days as a special snowflake seem to have gone with the wind. 

It would have been sweet if the WTFs had managed to beat him.  His only SB losses, and therefore his only NFC playoff losses, are to teams from the NFC East.

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 5

Why did you not kick that early FG, Colts?! I'm glad Bills went through, but they need to step it up, if they are going to go further.  

Wow, the Rams D came to play. Bummer about Wolford, hope he gets a chance to play next game, cuz I think he brings more than Goff. Boo on the announcers implying that Wolford should have stayed in the game despite the helmet hit and neck injury. Yes, cuz if he was a real man he would put football over a possibly life-changing injury. Whatevs.

WFT/Bucs was a better game than I thought it would be. All in all, an enjoyable day of football!

• Love 1

When, oh when, will we FINALLY have The Blessed Tom Brady in the rearview mirror?  How can we miss you if YOU NEVER EVER THE BLEEP LEAVE !!!  If I had a dollar for every time an announcer slobbered "Tom Brady"  I'd have enough money to send him to Siberia.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Why did you not kick that early FG, Colts?! I'm glad Bills went through, but they need to step it up, if they are going to go further.  

Wow, the Rams D came to play. Bummer about Wolford, hope he gets a chance to play next game, cuz I think he brings more than Goff. Boo on the announcers implying that Wolford should have stayed in the game despite the helmet hit and neck injury. Yes, cuz if he was a real man he would put football over a possibly life-changing injury. Whatevs.

WFT/Bucs was a better game than I thought it would be. All in all, an enjoyable day of football!

Colts didn't kick the fg because they are on the road vs a team averaging over 35 a game of late and you don't win on the road in the nfl in the playoffs kicking FGs in the red zone. 

Several other colts mistakes cost more than that coaching decision.  Not sure why everyone is hung up on that play and not many other mistakes by colts players.  Blankenship missed an easy fg and he had been reliable all year. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, meowmommy said:

It would have been sweet if the WTFs had managed to beat him.  His only SB losses, and therefore his only NFC playoff losses, are to teams from the NFC East.

It would have been sweet if the What The Fucks had managed to beat him!  That would mean every team in NFL history entering the postseason with a losing record would remain undefeated during wild card weekend!

Tampa Bay will avoid the NFC North regardless of who wins the Saints/Bears game.  If New Orleans wins, he'll have to do whatever it takes to get by them in order to reach Green Bay OR host Los Angeles.  If Chicago wins OTOH, the Bucs get to pummel the Rams at Raymond James Stadium, which means Brady will be guaranteed a shot at winning a playoff game against one team from every division as it stands right now (regardless of a Packers win).  I think Joe Montana definitely reached that milestone, even before his move to Kansas City.

Say what you will about that, but that's pretty close to saying that the current construction of the NFL sucks without actually saying so

• Love 2

I'm bummed that my What The Fucks (Too bad they can't use that name!) lost to the Buccaneers.  However, I'm delighted that we've got Heineke because he puts it all out there on the the field. 

Haskins should take note if he winds up on another team.

• Love 1

Congrats to Lamar Jackson for winning his first playoff game and getting the monkey off his back. Very poised and collected despite being down. Congrats to that D for shutting down Henry and not repeat what happened last year. I am worried if the Bills have to play them next week because they looked like a very pissed off and determined team.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3

I was hoping for Tennessee to win. Oh well. Vikings will have a tough schedule next year playing the NFC West and the AFC North and (maybe) the Raiders! (for the 17th game)

Well now to cheer for Chicago. Chicago and Vikings kind of have a the enemy of my enemy is my friend thing going. I was in New York in 2001 and found a bar to watch the Vikings/Green Bay game. I was the only one watching for a while then two Chicago guys came in to watch. They were cheering for Vikings to win because they wanted GB to lose. (Vikings lost) Then in 2018 I went to the VIkings/Chicago game in Soldier Field and after the game when everyone was walking back to their cars, we all started chanting "Green Bay sucks!" for about 5 minutes.

Boomer E and Phil Sims look like clones sitting across from each other.

• Love 1

I know they would never send Tony Romo to Buffalo unless it was absolutely necessary, but it sure would be nice to have already been done with him by now. Sigh.

Phil Simms was my number one first football love.  I always thought Boomer was his discount doppelgänger.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Glad Baltimore won.

Well, I WAS prepared to like Heineke.   Then his tweets (and not years old ones either, like recent ones) made the sports rounds.   Bye, bye bye.

Don't have Twitter.  What's he saying?  I was so impressed last night and also wanted to like him.

Just put the Nick broadcast on...  Thanks for reminding me.

Well, the graphics are colourful..

Edited by Johann
  • Love 1

I guess they changed, or lifted the bad on no alternates in the postseason.  Unless it's their regular home gear

Looks like this is a game after all.  It's early, but it appears Brees is all but done soon after the season is done for good

• Love 1
2 hours ago, twoods said:

Congrats to Lamar Jackson for winning his first playoff game and getting the monkey off his back. Very poised and collected despite being down. Congrats to that D for shutting down Henry and not repeat what happened last year. I am worried if the Bills have to play them next week because they looked like a very pissed off and determined team.

I am glad he won too and happy for him

But it's ridiculous he was considered to have that 'monkey' there in the first place.  He is 23.  If he stayed in college he'd be a rookie now.  Winning playoff games is hard and teams do it not QBs alone.   

Also I have no stats to back it up but it seems in the playoffs the crews call fewer penalties and are less likely to overturn things unless it's an obvious call, which is how it's supposed to be anyway.  I know it's 'all star's crews, which changes things, but I wish they'd call games this way all year.  Generally seem to be letting them play and no ticky tack stuff

• Love 4

I only watched a few minutes of the game with Heinike but if he ever becomes a starter I really hope he gets an endorsement deal with Meinike Mufflers.  Seems like a no-brainer.

Didn't Brees break just about all his ribs earlier this season?  Is he really the guy you want leaping over the pile at the goal line, as every Chicago defender falls on him? 

• Love 2

Interesting divisional round schedule - neither of the #1 seeds gets a prime time game.  LA Rams at Green Bay is the first game on Saturday and the Chiefs host the first game on Sunday.  But of course pretty boy Tom Brady is in the Sunday game that starts at 5:40 Central/6:40 Eastern. Why doesn't that surprise me?

I always cheer for former Badgers in the playoffs, but even two Watt brothers on the Pittsburgh roster cannot outweigh how much I despise Ben Roethlisberger.   Go Browns! 

As a Packers fan, when I knew a team from LA would be coming to Lambeau, I immediately checked the long term forecast.  As of today, the predicted high for Saturday is 25 degrees.   No Ice Bowl, but about 60 degrees colder than what LA is supposed to be that day.  

Let’s pump the brakes on the excitement.  This is the Browns after all.  We long suffering fans know how it always ends.  Even my hubby, a die hard Squeelers fan is calling this game over, and it’s barely 2nd quarter.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Uh, that's Golden Boy.

I have a good friend whose daughter was about 4 when Brady took over for Bledsoe, and she saw him being interviewed on TV and asked, "Who's that pretty boy?"  I've called him that ever since. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2