Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Son #3 was in the study working on AP calculus homework during the first half.  He joined us 3rd quarter until Steelers started coming back and we kicked him out.  He finished tomorrow’s calculus homework instead.  Just in case you wondered if higher level math is really necessary.  (About that late Steeler touchdown, he had finished and wandered back into the living room. He apologized and ran out until victory formation.)

Way to go, Browns!  And we were happy to do our part.

Guess who was ordered out of the room before the Cleveland touchdown?!?  Son #3 is a good egg.

Just now, twoods said:

Tyreek Hill pushed his positions coach. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

That's unnecessary and disrespectful. 

Stefanski challenged that catch - it was right in front of him and I saw him moving his arms around so I wondered if he was going to challenge it.

That's too bad about Mahomes. I'm just glad they are paying more attention to potential head injuries and getting players treated sooner. (My mom had a brain hemorrhage last October from a fall and it's a long recovery.) But if Cleveland does win, there will be speculation on what would have happened if Mahomes played the whole game.

They also showed a clip of the coach Hill shoved chuckling on the bench afterwards, so I'm not sure if he was laughing it off to avoid escalation or the whole thing was an inside joke between the two.

And given that Hill has pleaded guilty to domestic abuse there are other things to dislike him for.

They just showed my favorite insurance commercial (Liberty). The two little boys are opening up their Christmas presents, and one boy is all excited about getting a Liberty insurance policy and the other says, "I got a bike" all disappointed and kicks the bike.

Do you think Tony Romo knows how annoying he is and he just doesn’t care, or do you think he truly thinks he is the greatest voice on the entire planet.

His shrieking in the last minute of this game was wholly unprofessional and aurally unpleasant.

• Love 6

The CHIEFS DID IT.    With a gutsy play by ANDY REID using a back up QB.    

For the Browns -- ain't NOTHING to be ashamed of.  (well except that Tyreek Hill shove).   Good season.   Good foundation for next year.

The storyline all week will be "Can Mahomes play against the Bills?"  I don't think he will be out of the protocol that soon.   He was out  of it.   You could see his eyes rolling and just wobbly.  Shame too.   Good player and good person.

• Love 5

Tough, disappointing loss for the Browns. But the Chiefs played better, just enough to win the game. AFC North is going to be a monster division next year.

One more Patrick Price commercial, that's 4 or 5.

• Love 1

I am proud of my Brownies.  They kept the score within 10, had a chance to win it, but stupid drops & penalties early, really hurt them.  At least they showed they can hang with the big boys.

I’m rooting for Josh Allen & the Bills next week.  Not that I don’t love the Chiefs, but what a great story that would be!  And for Drew Brees as well - love him!

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Do you think Tony Romo knows how annoying he is and he just doesn’t care, or do you think he truly thinks he is the greatest voice on the entire planet.

His shrieking in the last minute of this game was wholly unprofessional and aurally unpleasant.

He is the absolute worst, he makes games unwatchable for me. I actually muted the last few minutes of the game because he was so distracting.

• Love 1

Well dang. Browns had their big chance with a huge side helping of concussed QB and couldn't capitalize. Chiefs are the worthy winner. I'm glad his team stepped up after Patrick was injured. ...Browns should have done the same in that last drive! 

What I hate about Romo (since y'all broached the subject) is that everything he says is "the key to the game" or "what this game is all about". He can't complete a sentence without adding that at the end. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 1

The Chiefs survived, and the good news is that the game is at Arrowhead.  As much as I want to see Mahomes next week, I don't know what I'll think if he somehow is available next week vs Buffalo

You know, a lot of people picked Baltimore over Buffalo, including me.  They said it was all about matchups.  Yet for some reason that went out the window for Tampa and New Orleans.  I (and a lot of other people) had Cleveland and the points, so that was the easy pick.  However, I don't think the Browns cover with Pat in there.  Obviously I was wrong to pick against Kansas City and said I wouldn't do it again.  At least next week.  Now I don't know.  One thing for sure is that I won't be picking the games Monday morning six days before the games kickoff.

If Drew Brees is indeed leaving, I find it difficult that his last game will be a loss to a respective opponent in Tom Brady, who along with the Bucs, might rip the NFC South out of the grasp of the Saints.  After all, the game is in the Superdome.

The issue is the lack of an infinite crowd, and the lack of a healthy Brees.  Hill is not there at all.  While I don't think AB's presence was going make a difference in their second game, the man is a big deal.  Despite picking New Orleans, this game, and not the one played at Orchard Park, has the wrong team favored.  My final guess is that we'll see the Packers host the Bucs next week.  If I'm wrong, so be it.  Serves me right for changing my mind.  Tom Brady has played behind awful O-Lines, and still won.  When he didn't he didn't lose by much (best example was against Denver in 2015)

17 minutes ago, mojoween said:

He signed a contract that pays him 17 million a year, so I'm betting he doesn't really care.  But imagine the possibilities if he and Gus Johnson got to team up.

• LOL 1
22 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

He signed a contract that pays him 17 million a year, so I'm betting he doesn't really care.  But imagine the possibilities if he and Gus Johnson got to team up.

What did Gus Johnson ever do to deserve that?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Damn...I need a cigarette after that game. I was so sure the Browns were going to win after Patrick left the game.   That was a ballsy call on Andy Reid’s part and executed by Henne.   So glad it worked.  That would have haunted Andy if they didn’t get the 1st down and Cleveland scored a touchdown to win the game.  

Edited by diet7up
Grammar
  • Love 1

We're about an hour removed from the game, and it looks like there are no posts of Garrett, Mayfield, Chubb, Hunt, etc saying the Chiefs will "get clapped" by the Bills

3 minutes ago, diet7up said:

Damn...I need a cigarette after that game. I was so sure the Browns were going to win after Patrick left the game.   That was a ballsy call on Andy Reid’s part and executed by Henne.   So glad it worked.  That would have haunted Andy if they didn’t get the 1st down and Cleveland scored a touchdown to win the game.  

It would have, but not as much as if Reid had punted and then the Browns drove down the field for the score

Dan Sorensen is the motherf***ing BOSS.  And Patrick is Patrick -- he walked off unaided  in Denver last year (and yezzzzz I know it's different) and my hometown is currently on The Lord's Sports Line.

#HenneGivenSundayBaby

• LOL 1

Come on Saints. What the hell.

Mahomes continues to be classy. I agree it wasn’t a dirty play at all because there was no helmet to helmet contact.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

This was pre-snap to the 58yd TD pass from Rodgers to Lazard, something no defense wants to see:

I'm pretty sure Aaron had that same type of smile on his face when the Rams decided to kickoff into the end zone with 29 seconds left in the first half.  Why not kick the ball into the field of play, forcing the Packers to run some time off the clock?   Instead no time runs, Rodgers has the ball on the 25 with 29 seconds, and every Packers fan thinks they will get at least 3 points, which is what happened.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Well so far this game of the aarp QBs is just boring as hell.  

I mean it's close and we'll played but my God......two of the best QBs ever and we are watching them throw screens And 5-10 yard passes all game.  

Except when it's 3rd and 1. Then invariably the Bucs call for like a 50 yard deep shot (which never works!).

• Love 1

One reason I'm cheering for Buccaneers is because they have two University of Minnesota players on the team. They were drafted last  year. Tyler Johnson just caught a long pass. I'm listening via Game Pass so I didn't catch how long it was. Antoine Winfield Jr is the other player. He's on defense.

Edited by Lamb18

Gee, thanks for nothing Saints. Gave that game away with the 3 turnovers.

How could anybody be happy for Tom Brady, Antonio Brown, & the rest of the Buccaneers? 

Now, we're going to have to suffer through yet another edition of Brady vs Rodgers next week. I wish there was a way possible that neither one of them wins next week. Just thinking about that is making me sick. I can't find anything positive about that.

This whole stupid GOAT debate crap that is prevalent right now started with Brady vs Rodgers.

• Love 1