Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Funny, the Buffalo radio guys were saying the last time Buffalo made it this far was in 1994. Buffalos ended up playing the Chiefs, won the conference and went to the Super Bowl. At least this year if they make it to the Super Bowl they won't be beat by Dallas.

what?

14 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Funny, the Buffalo radio guys were saying the last time Buffalo made it this far was in 1994. Buffalos ended up playing the Chiefs, won the conference and went to the Super Bowl. At least this year if they make it to the Super Bowl they won't be beat by Dallas.

Or Arizona.  Or anyone in the NFC East including Philadelphia.  Though I wonder how the Bills will react if they lose to Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  That might be worse than losing four straight.  Or not, but IMO, it could be a result that adds insult to injury

Anyway, we're not into Sunday (as least in terms of EST), and it looks like the 5th seed hosting a conference final will have to wait at least a year

4 minutes ago, Carey said:

Or Arizona.  Or anyone in the NFC East including Philadelphia.  Though I wonder how the Bills will react if they lose to Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  That might be worse than losing four straight.  Or not, but IMO, it could be a result that adds insult to injury

I don't ever want to see that man in another Super Bowl.

tenor.gif

• LOL 4
8 minutes ago, Carey said:

Anyway, we're not into Sunday (as least in terms of EST), and it looks like the 5th seed hosting a conference final will have to wait at least a year

What?

As someone who never sees snow any more, I'm looking forward to admiring piles of snow at next week's games in Green Bay, and KC or Buffalo. 

2 minutes ago, geauxaway said:
10 minutes ago, Carey said:

What?

It's the #1 seed hosting in the NFC, and either the #1 or 2 seed hosting in the AFC, now that Baltimore is out.

• Useful 1

I’m sorry I do not understand all this 🤏🏼🤏🏼🤏🏼🤏🏼.  Like let’s just talk real talks.  Or no.   Packers win.  Beefalos win.  AR played like a MVP champ today.  Can’t wait to see the Chiefs tomorrow🔥

7 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I’m sorry I do not understand all this 🤏🏼🤏🏼🤏🏼🤏🏼.  Like let’s just talk real talks.  Or no.   Packers win.  Beefalos win.  AR played like a MVP champ today.  Can’t wait to see the Chiefs tomorrow🔥

What?!

• LOL 2
48 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

It's the #1 seed hosting in the NFC, and either the #1 or 2 seed hosting in the AFC, now that Baltimore is out.

Thank you, meowmommy.  Heading into this weekend, this season had the potential to have a wildcard team host a playoff game given the postseason structure and the fact that the NFL added more teams in the playoff field.  Every team looked like they could win it all, or at least win this weekend.  It would have been unprecedented (not factoring in 1990-2001).  It's a moot point now, geauxaway, and I'm not going to explain how Baltimore or Tampa Bay could've hosted next week.  You can find that anywhere within the Internet.  

58 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

As someone who never sees snow any more, I'm looking forward to admiring piles of snow at next week's games in Green Bay, and KC or Buffalo.

Same here.  You never see awful weather affect NFL playoff games anymore, except when you don't want to see inclement weather.  There wasn't any snow as speculated for Bills/Ravens, but the wind was a factor.  It made for a rather exciting game for the most part.  Next week it's slated to be horrible in Green Bay, who'll be hosting a Dome team or a warm-weather team.  That should favor the Packers; man I would love to see the worst weather in a long time down there.  However, I don't want the league to move the game like they did a few years back between Pittsburgh and Kansas City (which was all for nothing)

• Love 1

That wind in Buffalo was insane, and then when Michelle said it had died down and Chris and Al were like WTF while the flags were blowing I couldn’t stop laughing. On Tucker’s second clank, it looked right down in the middle then suddenly shifted to the right. Bass missed a couple of 40 yarders as well. I’m glad the game wasn’t decided on a last second field goal because I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.
It was weird watching all the snow flurries and the announcers saying how “warm” it was in GB when I was watching outside in actual warm 85 degree weather. Yeah, I’m a spoiled Cali girl.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Carey said:

Thank you, meowmommy.  Heading into this weekend, this season had the potential to have a wildcard team host a playoff game given the postseason structure and the fact that the NFL added more teams in the playoff field.  Every team looked like they could win it all, or at least win this weekend.  It would have been unprecedented (not factoring in 1990-2001).  It's a moot point now, geauxaway, and I'm not going to explain how Baltimore or Tampa Bay could've hosted next week.  You can find that anywhere within the Internet.  

Same here.  You never see awful weather affect NFL playoff games anymore, except when you don't want to see inclement weather.  There wasn't any snow as speculated for Bills/Ravens, but the wind was a factor.  It made for a rather exciting game for the most part.  Next week it's slated to be horrible in Green Bay, who'll be hosting a Dome team or a warm-weather team.  That should favor the Packers; man I would love to see the worst weather in a long time down there.  However, I don't want the league to move the game like they did a few years back between Pittsburgh and Kansas City (which was all for nothing)

Slated to be horrible in Green Bay?  I've checked the 10-day forecast at one of the GB tv stations and it's predicted to be 27 degrees with a 35% chance of snow and 8 mph wind next Sunday.  As a lifelong resident of Wisconsin, let me assure you that is not horrible.  As long as it's not heavy snow during the game and the wind doesn't pick up, it should be great for football.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, twoods said:

Poor Lamar Jackson. I’m sure this isn’t how he wanted the season to end.

The Bills winning gets them a butt whipping in KC next week. Yay.

Not if the Browns win. Come on Cleveland! Lets do this!

I do however feel bad for Lamar as I hope he's okay. He seems like a nice guy when they interviewed him the other day. I unfortunately was doing laundry and missed what happened exactly. Hopefully it was more of a precaution then serious as it sounded like he walked into the locker room. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, blueray said:

Not if the Browns win. Come on Cleveland! Lets do this!

I do however feel bad for Lamar as I hope he's okay. He seems like a nice guy when they interviewed him the other day. I unfortunately was doing laundry and missed what happened exactly. Hopefully it was more of a precaution then serious as it sounded like he walked into the locker room. 

He will be ok.  A concussion.  When he was sacked he went down backwards, landed in his back and then his head extended quickly and hit the ground.   Had to go in the concussion protocol and I'm assuming must have failed was out for the game

Though his back up did quite well in the circumstances, just missed a pass that would have been an easy way td.  

The wind in Orchard Park is BRUTAL.   It just goes every which way.    Congrats to the Bills, they are coming together.   

As for the Saints-Bucs game, what is the over/under on how many times they mention the age of either QB or both.     Take the OVER.   

• LOL 3

It seems like Huntley missed the open receiver because of the wind- Josh Allen missed on the exact same play and distance in the first half. 

Not only will their age be mentioned in nauseum, but it will BE THE THIRD MATCHUP THIS SEASON and HALL of FAME QBs and blah blah blah. So much drooling by the announcers (I’m sensitive to it because I can’t stand both of them) so mute it is.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So we have the State Farm vs. Progressive matchup this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing both commercials! I like the Progressive ones better. Except I do like the State Farm one where Mahomes squeezes the ketchup bottle.

• Love 2

Dang, I thought Bills and Ravens would be a much better game. I felt bad for Lamar. He was playing pretty well, but as a whole they just couldn't find that extra gear last night. 

I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed Pam Oliver slurring, but as to why seems to be a mystery. 

I'm rooting for Browns and Bucs today. I would have never thought in a million years I would be rooting for Tom Brady, but away from the Patriots, I have come to admire his unquestionable skill and passion. And plus also, I just never could get into Drew Brees and the Saints. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed Pam Oliver slurring, but as to why seems to be a mystery.

It's all over social media today. I really hope she's okay, I like her a lot, but she did not sound right.

I'm going back and forth about who I want to lose more in the Saints Buccaneers games. I think I'm landing on Tampa just because it's a combo of Brady and Grant losing, although I can't stand Brees either. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I'm rooting for Browns and Bucs today. I would have never thought in a million years I would be rooting for Tom Brady, but away from the Patriots, I have come to admire his unquestionable skill and passion. And plus also, I just never could get into Drew Brees and the Saints. 

So am I. Between Tampa and New Orleans, I guess I'm neutral on Tampa Bay as they've never really done anything to us (VIkings) and New Orleans has. Besides it's really fun to see them lose. Cross fingers for a Mayfield Miracle!

ETA: I was talking football with my dad and brother last week, and my dad is still livid about Bountygate and called NO a bunch of criminals.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Carey said:

Next week it's slated to be horrible in Green Bay, who'll be hosting a Dome team or a warm-weather team.  That should favor the Packers; man I would love to see the worst weather in a long time down there.  However, I don't want the league to move the game like they did a few years back between Pittsburgh and Kansas City (which was all for nothing)

This is the town that hosted the original Ice Bowl, and Ice Bowl II when the Giants beat Brett Favre on the way to their SB win.  Can't imagine any scenario where they don't play.

5 minutes ago, emma675 said:

It's all over social media today. I really hope she's okay, I like her a lot, but she did not sound right.

I thought it was my faulty perceptions, because despite my reputation as an evil witch, I really don't like to believe bad things about good people.  But I also know that even in mildly cold weather, my face freezes up and I have trouble getting the words out.  That might be what happened to Pam.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

But I also know that even in mildly cold weather, my face freezes up and I have trouble getting the words out.  That might be what happened to Pam.

That happens to me, too!

That's what folks who have been in Green Bay say.   Her face was frozen.    Although if that is the case, someone SHOULD have checked on her to make sure she was okay and not getting hypothermia.   

Remember the NFC Championship game where Coughlin's face just about froze off?   I was seriously worried about him.  

• Love 5

The Browns/Chiefs game is next but CBS is showing stuff about Brees and Brady. And there's big posters of Brees and Brady on the set, lilke those Fathead pictures.

Edited by Lamb18
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

But I also know that even in mildly cold weather, my face freezes up and I have trouble getting the words out.  That might be what happened to Pam.

That's what I would have suspected too except it really wasn't that cold out yesterday.  I did a two hour walk around the same time the game was on.  And I'd be surprised if she were outside the whole time.

But maybe she was.  And maybe there was more wind in the stands where she was.  I could see that affecting her ability to speak.

2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

That's what I would have suspected too except it really wasn't that cold out yesterday.  I did a two hour walk around the same time the game was on.  And I'd be surprised if she were outside the whole time.

I live in a place that doesn't get very cold by anyone's standards, and I had trouble speaking after my bike ride the other evening.

We'll probably never know what really happened, but I have to think that if Fox Sports thought Pam was impaired, they would have pulled her.  Nobody pays much attention to the sideline reporters anyway, unless something unusual happens.  Like Suzy Kolber and Joe Namath.

I haven't decided whether to switch my pick from New Orleans to Tampa.  Similar to the Chiefs/Browns game, it's probably best to stay away from the game in terms of actually betting on it.  I really considered swapping my Kansas City/Cleveland pick.  I never really declared a winner verbatim at the beginning of the week when I mentioned my selections against the spread (I pretty much never pick games that early).  Common sense says go chalk, but Kansas City has not looked good lately.  Regardless of how they looked post-bye, I would've picked Cleveland to cover.  I think if the Browns lose, they'll keep it close, and if they don't cover, it could be a garbage TD for the Chiefs.

I think Buffalo hosts Cleveland next Sunday.  Mahomes only needs 1 minute out of 15 to score in a quarter, maybe less.  However, Kansas City would have to score a lot given the fact that there isn't anybody defensively for the Chiefs that scare or scares the Browns.  If/when the Chiefs pummel the Browns or beat them by 1 point, I have no regrets picking against them.  Really never expected to say this, but I can see either team winning easily

After reading the SI article about the continuing dumpster fire in Houston, I totally understand if Watson wants to get out of there. O'Brien was only half the problem. The other half is Easterby. Team chaplain to "character coach" to executive VP of football operations is not a typical career path.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, xaxat said:

After reading the SI article about the continuing dumpster fire in Houston, I totally understand if Watson wants to get out of there. O'Brien was only half the problem. The other half is Easterby. Team chaplain to "character coach" to executive VP of football operations is not a typical career path.

Deshaun wanted Houston to hire Omar Khan as GM, Khan is in Pittsburgh. Hopefully the Steelers Old Yeller send their current quarterback to a nice farm upstate during the offseason and give Deshaun the front office personnel he wants. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Patrick Price sighting #2, this time at cornhole. No Progressive sightings so far.

The first or second break had the Progressive Book Club where Amy or someone got voted out for skipping the group meeting.  So it's 2-1 State Farm over Progressive

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Carey said:

The first or second break had the Progressive Book Club where Amy or someone got voted out for skipping the group meeting.  So it's 2-1 State Farm over Progressive

I missed that one. I was looking for the Baker Mayfield ones so that one slipped by.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, xaxat said:

JJ Watt also being traded.   Do all 3 Watt brothers wind up on the Steelers?

I cannot believe the team is choosing to let their 2 best players go -- and traded Hopkins last year -- in order to keep the former youth chaplain who is not even the GM and says he doesn't want to be the GM happy.   Rather than you know keep good players so they can win games.

• Love 3

Patrick Price #3, back in the barber shop with his wannabe clones.

Mahomes is really hurting. He's dragging that left foot a little.

Finally Browns stopped the Chiefs. I feel like their defense is finally waking up and getting into the game.

• Love 1

Glad to see Kansas City isn't affected by that pesky COVID; so many people in the stands I thought it was a college game.

I also appreciated Tony Romo's stellar and complex commentary that if Cleveland scores touchdowns while holding KC to field goals, they just might win.  He is clearly worth those big bucks they are paying him.

Edited by Crs97
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, he fumbled in the end zone since he got a helmet to helmet hit. Bet nobody talks about that. I bet if Hill got that hit they would have called it. Sigh.

Edited by twoods