Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Bastet said:

One receiver basically intercepting it from his teammate cracked me up, but I also liked the butt catch (and that Baldwin immediately told Carroll to challenge that shit, as he caught it) and loved Richardson's one-handed grab

Those were both Baldwin! I loved that Baldwin/Carroll interaction. 

The Seahawks secondary rarely getting flagged when they grab and push more than anyone in the league is nothing new. When are the refs going to start calling this shit? The Raiders get flagged for every single thing, and then you see the preening secondary of another team get away with everything. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Love 2

With the Raiders out, my interest in the AFC is already reduced to "anyone but the Patriots."  Unfortunately, I don't see anyone stopping their path to the Super Bowl.

Yeah, I don't see them losing. New England would win if they were a road team vs any of these teams, and I don't think Oakland wins at Gillette (or Heinz Field and Arrowhead) even with Carr.  I have heard the anyone but Pats throughout the season.  Though now if they lose in the Super Bowl, the narrative would be "anyone but the Cowboys" giving New England another Super Bowl loss.  Should be interesting

The league might just cancel the AFC Title game if say Miami pulls off the upset at Pittsburgh, and then Houston upsets Kansas City. That way the ratings survive

Seattle not getting flagged isn't so much about Seattle not getting flagged. The officials typically call fewer penalties in the postseason as opposed to the regular season

As for NRG, that stadium will be the loudest library in about four weeks.

I was watching a feature The Bus did with Leveon Bell and a. Bell looks like a little boy to me with that baby face and b. he is tiny.  He is definitely playing over what you think his size would allow.

I am a a broken record with this but I love Charles Woodson so much.  I have to say I was skeptical with the all-new lineup Countdown threw out this year but I think it worked.  I hope Trey Wingo gets the nod to replace Boomer because he's already basically doing it on NFL Live.

I am a a broken record with this but I love Charles Woodson so much.  I have to say I was skeptical with the all-new lineup Countdown threw out this year but I think it worked.  I hope Trey Wingo gets the nod to replace Boomer because he's already basically doing it on NFL Live.

Yeah I think Trey gets it. Suzy might over him. Don't think Wendi would pass over either despite being the current second host of the show. So I think Trey hosts both shows or Wendi takes over NFL Insiders.  However, if Trey gets it, that could ruin the awesomeness (IMO) of the Friday NFL Live. Trey, Stink, and Tedy are so great together on the Friday show

• Love 1

Even tho The Oaklands lost, It was a great year.

Del Rio did a great job, Thank You Reggie and Mark for putting together a good team and a great season.

--------------

Now, how does a successful season affect all the talk of a Vegas move?

-------------

Chris berman's schtick was over long ago. I fucking HATED his "RRRAAAAAAIIIIDDDDDUUUUUHHHHHHSSSSSS' pronunciation.

He was fun to listen to at first, now?

Not so much.

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I was watching a feature The Bus did with Leveon Bell and a. Bell looks like a little boy to me with that baby face and b. he is tiny.  He is definitely playing over what you think his size would allow.

Bell is a beast! The entire drive was him. Shame that 26 yd run was called back. Damn PTA! 

How can they have done a full concussion test on Moore?  Out for one play?  And I hate it when they call unsportsmanlike only on the guy who sees his teammate get taken out on a cheap shot and reacts.  Should be offsetting penalties, IMO, in the scrum that follows unless someone actually takes a swing at somebody.  The Steelers got a free shot on the Dolphins QB - thanks officials!  I know, these guys are pros, are supposed to be able to walk away, but c'mon. 

The Steelers should be careful about pissing off the Dolphins, since they have one of the league's best cheap shot artists in Ndamakunong Suh.  I could see him "accidentally" stepping on Roethlisberger.  Packer fans will never forget Suh stepping on Aaron Rodgers and claiming afterwards he didn't realize he was standing on Rodgers' leg, as he was grinding it into the turf.  Oh yeah, Rodgers' leg with the injured calf -- Suh had no idea how it got under his foot. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Calvada said:

The Steelers should be careful about pissing off the Dolphins, since they have one of the league's best cheap shot artists in Ndamakunong Suh.  I could see him "accidentally" stepping on Roethlisberger.  Packer fans will never forget Suh stepping on Aaron Rodgers and claiming afterwards he didn't realize he was standing on Rodgers' leg, as he was grinding it into the turf.  Oh yeah, Rodgers' leg with the injured calf -- Suh had no idea how it got under his foot. 

These two teams played earlier in the season, and the Steelers filed a formal complaint against Suh back in October for allegedely kicking Ben Roethlisberger, so if that happened Pittsburgh wouldn't be terribly shocked by that behavior. 

On 1/6/2017 at 0:04 AM, MarkHB said:

I shall never forget Ben "Over" Coates and Curtis "My Favorite" Martin.

And who can forget "Marshall, Marshall, Marshall!" and Mike "You're in good hands with" Alstott?

15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Stafford is really all of the broadcasters' choice for MVP?  Why, for God's sake?

Matt Stafford has flashes of greatness but is way too inconsistent. Although he must be a nice guy--the media loves him. I heard several broadcasters say that his game is improving and emerging. Emerging? This is his 8th friggin year in the league. If his game hasn't emerged by now, it never will. 

15 hours ago, Bastet said:

There were some great Seattle catches.  One receiver basically intercepting it from his teammate cracked me up, but I also liked the butt catch (and that Baldwin immediately told Carroll to challenge that shit, as he caught it) and loved Richardson's one-handed grab

I liked that Collingsworth (?) said that Peterson's between the legs catch looked like a yoga move. It really did. Golden Tate had some nice catches also for Detroit. I was rooting for Seattle, but they got away with some penalties. Like Russell Wilson's block that was actually an illegal block in the back. 

9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

God, these playoff games have been AWFUL. Hopefully NY/GB will prove to be more interesting.

And yet, there is talking of expanding the playoffs to 8 teams each conference.   In other words, half the teams making the playoffs.   So we can have more games like this?

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

God, these playoff games have been AWFUL. Hopefully NY/GB will prove to be more interesting.

I agree. The Seahawks/Lions game had some great plays, but overall, the games have been nap-inducing. Yeah, I'm looking forward to NYG/Green Bay

1 hour ago, Calvada said:

How can they have done a full concussion test on Moore?  Out for one play?  And I hate it when they call unsportsmanlike only on the guy who sees his teammate get taken out on a cheap shot and reacts.  Should be offsetting penalties, IMO, in the scrum that follows unless someone actually takes a swing at somebody.  The Steelers got a free shot on the Dolphins QB - thanks officials!  I know, these guys are pros, are supposed to be able to walk away, but c'mon. 

There are some great memes out there about this. 

Trainer: Matt, do you have a concussion?

Matt: French Fries!

Trainer: He didn't say yes! Get back out there and play. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 9

"What is your name?"

"I'm Batman"

"He's good give him his helmet."

I'll give him this, he did not play that badly, I mean the pick at the end of the first half sucked but he acquitted himself well in the face of that D.

Too bad Chiefs/Steelers isn't the AFC championship game.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Beckham should have caught that ball.  I hope that's not how things are going to go for our offense this game.

He totally should have caught that ball. I'm going to need to start drinking soon. My nerves can't take this game 

Sometimes Aaron Rodgers dances around too much in the pocket. Especially when he is given a lot of time to throw. He may not fare that well today if he continues to try and do that against this Giant defense. I hope he will end up being fine and help the Packers get this win.

Edited by Jx223
4 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Shepherd is not immune from that criticism either, he had an easy drop.  If it's too cold wear long sleeves dammit.

Very true but when I posted, OBJ had dropped 2 and Sheppard hadn't had his drops.

However, they need to stop the Butterfingers crap

• Love 1

Totally agree re: Beckham....he had 2 drops that should have been caught....one cost us a touchdown.  I dont think its so much the cold as it is the pressure.  It reminded me of the easy catch he didnt make that game they had last year against Carolina.  He torched Norman and Eli dropped the ball right in the basket in stride and Beckham didnt catch it. 

• Love 1

Good grief.  We're pretty much in disaster territory at this point.  Holding Green Bay to a FG was crucial, but Giants really need to get it together.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Oh my GOD if the Pack hold on we are going to hear about that goddamned Miami trip for another fucking week.

If the Giants win, you wil STILL here about that damn trip.

But, Jiminy Crickets, Troy Aikman is getting on my nerves pontificating about it.   And I LIKE Troy.   But he acts like this is the first time anyone every did that and how dare they have fun when the playoffs are looming.   Did he forget he played with Michael Irvin.   Who didn't even wait for a day off to get up to stuff?   Climb down off your high horse there Troy, you could hurt yourself.

• Love 6

I'm currently watching the Spanish language station on mute because I don't speak Spanish because Verizon still does not have FOX in Syracuse so thankfully I am missing all that.

I am an incensed, enraged, disappointed and heartbroken because I love the Giants above all others (and I mean of all sports, ever, who I root for) and want them to win everything all the time so this hurts. 

But I'm not mad that it's the Pack.

PS I don't know what is happening right now but that is an incomplete pass.

Thats the game folks.  Giants cant even get to 20...they for damn sure not getting to 30. The defense did all they could.  The offense as usual didnt show up.

And as much as I know that stupid Miami trip had nothing to do with the outcome....I didnt care for the giants wide receivers coming out pregame shirtless.  Just being all extra. So on that note i hope they all get hammered in the media tmrw...so next time they know better.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Turn out the lights, the party's over.

Fuck.

I would give you a like for this but I don't like it.  All I will say is Rodgers needs to come the fuck out of this game because they need him next week.

All the home teams won this weekend, and it wasn't close anywhere.

31 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Oh my GOD if the Pack hold on we are going to hear about that goddamned Miami trip for another fucking week.

Another week?  You'll be hearing about all off season, training camp, preseason and the regular season.

Be thankful the Giants won't be playing the Dolphins next year.

• Love 2

Aaron started off shaky but he ended up doing a good job. Randall Cobb played great and I also thought the Packers defense did a nice job tonight. I am glad the Packers beat the Giants tonight though I hope they don't beat the Cowboys next week. But if the Cowboys are going to lose I would rather it have been to the Packers than the Giants again.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1