Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: A Storm Is Coming

• Start Topic

Does Eddie have a blog? I a, curious about his reaction to Tamra's boldface lie about making her gift into a "loan". But his speech was probably all for show. Nothing will happen. She will get away with supporting that worthless sack forever. But what is with Eddie? Does anyone believe he loves her? Did Bravo give him money for the gym? What?? I just don't get it.

• Love 1

I think I am going to have to sue Bravo tv for PTSD. Having to see images like flashbacks to Tamra and Eddies tub time, Eddies awful facial expressions at the start of their fake sex tape and now hearing Terry talk about about anal leakage. These are things you cannot easily forget!

• Love 11

I don't think anyone really likes Brooks. I think Michael and Billy have more of a whatever attitude about the whole thing. Michael especially seems to have a live and let live attitude with his mom. So when he says he doesn't have a problem with Brooks, I think he means just that. He doesn't love the guy, but recognizes it's not his call and has found a way to make small talk on the occasions he is in a room with him. Of course, Michael is much more independent than Brianna so I don't think his mom's boyfriend impacts his life that much. I don't think he loved Donn either, but found a way to coexist, as is his way. I doubt that Michael wants to live with Brooks, so he doesn't and that's the end of it. Brianna is more like her mom in that she has a real need to win. I also think Brianna is by nature a more insecure person with a larger need for affirmation. It's kind of not enough for Brianna to say her piece, lay out her boundaries, and then move on. She won't be happy until she gets an "I told you so" moment about Brooks.

• Love 6

I thought the first few episodes of the OC this season were pretty boring but now......not so much! I'm especially looking forward to the "consider the source" confrontations next week. I'm sure Brooks was talking about Tamara but wasn't it Vicki who first told Tamara what Jim said to Brooks? If Brooks was referring to Vicki with his "consider the source" remark she will go ballistic and I'll be on my knees like Melissa Gorga saying "Thank you Jesus."

Meghan said, "Tamra told me you said. . . . "  She did not mention Vicki's name.  He was talking about Tamra and Tamra lied about what Vicki told her.  Tamra confronts him.

• Love 3

I thought the first few episodes of the OC this season were pretty boring but now......not so much! I'm especially looking forward to the "consider the source" confrontations next week. I'm sure Brooks was talking about Tamara but wasn't it Vicki who first told Tamara what Jim said to Brooks? If Brooks was referring to Vicki with his "consider the source" remark she will go ballistic and I'll be on my knees like Melissa Gorga saying "Thank you Jesus."

Meghan asked Brooks "Did you tell TAMRA that Jim said our marriage was bad?" (something to that ilk) and Brooks replied "No, she should consider the souce (ie, Tamra)".

• Love 3

It's totally wrong and inappropriate and yes, if I were Briana, I wouldn't want anything to do with the guy either.  However, I sure as hell wouldn't be telling my mother who she can and can't have in her own home when I'm almost 30 years old.  Briana needs to wake up and smell the coffee and just learn to let her mother be.  Briana and her mother have no boundaries, and I don't believe they have for quite some time.  When did Michael say he didn't like Brooks? The only time we saw any early interaction between the two was at the Wines by Wives Launch party (womp womp) when Brooks started to talk about Briana and Michael said he "didn't want to do this right now" or some such.  Other than that, he seems to keep Brooks at arm's length and basically accept his mother for who she is, all the while withholding his home address from her, lol!

Briana has not told Vicki that brooks can not live in her, Vicki's, house. She has said that she doesn't want to be in the house at the same time he is and that is it. On last nights episode, she offered to stay at a hotel so that Brooks was NOT forced out of his/Vicki's bed into a hotel and nothing more.

Michael said that he did not care for Brooks at the wine party and did not want to get to know him and I don't think he has had much to do with Brooks at all since then. He lives a couple of hours away and has little face to face contact with his mother and I am not sure how often he sees Brooks with or without Vicki if at all. I agree, that he has a adopted a whatever she wants attitude towards Vicki but then again, Brooks did not tell someone to smack him around to keep him in line or reveal private information to him to the tabloids either so IMO, it is easier for him to tune Brooks out. IMO, it screams "PROBLEMS" that he is unwilling to give his mother his home address or have her visit him at his home!

• Love 2

Tamara would have been more helpful to Ryan to give (or loan) $8,000 for a voc-tech school. She is not doing him any favors giving him a life style he is unable to maintain on his own. She must of co-signed as well...what income do he and his wife have? Even if she has some money from the gun shop then why couldn't they afford the $8,000? Are either employed in the OC? Perhaps a little from the show. But that is not stable.

Are they even buying a house, or renting? If purchasing then Tamara could donate her commission to them which would be nice for Eddie to hear.

LOL, Tamara barely glanced at her granddaughter when Ryan and his wife came over, and were the other kids with them?

• Love 3

He never claimed he was "cured" or that he was done with therapy/help and no one else has said otherwise for that matter either. I don't get why it is so hard for some to believe that he does in fact suffer from PTSD after 4 tours in an active combat zone on the front lines, many of our Military develop it after 1 tour, let alone 4 tours, OR that he is doing better after getting help. We have seen no evidence that Ryan is still exhibiting the same rage and anxiety/paranoia as before the diagnosis of PTSD.

I don't doubt that Ryan suffers from PTSD.  I think the PTSD is totally unrelated to his treatment of Judy and the other stuff he does that is weird.  First Ryan blamed it on the editing and was demanding the tapes be released, when the tapees showed Judy never dropped the f-bomb he went a different route and later claimed PTSD.  PTSD isn't an excuse to be socially rude or intimidating and I am guessing you can't go off on a superior officer at his place of work like he did Judy and the others without consequences.  I do believe Ryan was told not to let his reality TV career embarrass the Marine Corps again.  Other Marines were embarrassed by his behavior.  I also believe Ryan had three tours when he verbally accosted Judy.  He then went off to Afghanistan for a fourth and came back and got treatment.

• Love 14

The Beador restaurant kids were cute, with their menu and recitation of the specials, but it got sad when they said they wanted to make things better for the parents' relationship.  They should not have to do that. 

I loved the "restaurant" because my daughter loved playing that game before she became a teen!  Only difference is I would be the server; my daughter would dress up and pretend she was the patron.  

And yes, sad that their parent's relationship always has to be at the forefront.

• Love 2

Granted, and very reasonable logic IF that were Brianna's angle. Brianna has made it clear why she doesn't want her kids around him. Because she thinks he's a bad influence, a bad man, bad for her mom, Etc. etc. etc. As far as I can tell, in all these seasons, the biggest gripe all these people have with Brooks is that THEY DON'T TRUST HIM. And I have yet to see anything concrete to back this overwhelming display of ridiculousness. They haven't shown one thing in this man's past that has me completely turned all "the power of Christ compels you" on him. What's worse is that this dislike for this man, right on my TV screen, slowly turned into this campaign to prove him to be some really "dangerous" person with A LOT of stretching and screaming and accusations, yada, yada, yada and yet all the stuff that has "come out" about him has never registered anything higher than a raised eyebrow on my "protect all that is good and holy" meter. To me the whole thing about Brooks all these seasons falls into a very asinine category that's lacks intelligence on their parts. I mean they trip all over themselves and stumble around just to have their say about the man. Give me a break already.

I did watch that season but watched the clips again to refresh my memory. Could Ryan have handled the situation better? Absolutely! Did we see everything that happened? Probably not. Is Judy "an elderly lady?" No, not really. At the time she was 64 and IIRC a self-professed pot head and proud of it. I don't want to sound like I'm excusing his anger; it's obvious he has anger issues. However, I cannot overlook this sentence from the first link:

"Ryan is a joint terminal attack controller with 11th Marines who is currently deployed on his fourth tour of duty in Afghanistan."

Four tours of duty in Afghanistan takes its toll on our service men and women so I'm not about to condemn Ryan for the incident with Judy, the pot head.

Ryan was a violently angry out of control drunk that night. Judy is a senior citizen and only an asshole would treat their elders that way. I'd rather hang with a self proclaimed pothead than an alcoholic in denial any day. I live in a state where pot is legal finally and Judy, if you're reading this, come on up, there is no judgement here!

Edit to correct an auto correct mistake.

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 14

I don't doubt that Ryan suffers from PTSD.  I think the PTSD is totally unrelated to his treatment of Judy and the other stuff he does that is weird.  First Ryan blamed it on the editing and was demanding the tapes be released, when the tapees showed Judy never dropped the f-bomb he went a different route and later claimed PTSD.  PTSD isn't an excuse to be socially rude or intimidating and I am guessing you can't go off on a superior officer at his place of work like he did Judy and the others without consequences.  I do believe Ryan was told not to let his reality TV career embarrass the Marine Corps again.  Other Marines were embarrassed by his behavior.  I also believe Ryan had three tours when he verbally accosted Judy.  He then went off to Afghanistan for a fourth and came back and got treatment.

First, it only takes 1 tour of duty in an active combat zone to cause PTSD. Second, his behavior that entire season, the outside lights, the security cameras, his insistence that he was only "protecting HIS family" and his explosive temper (emotional never physical) and his paranoia are all symptoms of PTSD. Third, we don't know if he went "off" on any Superior Officer and I doubt the Military will ever release that information had it happen.  Yes, other Marines were upset at his behavior but I am not sure that they would feel the same way now knowing he was diagnosed with PTSD and has sought treatment for it.  That we know NOTHING about his life/behaviors prior to his 4 tours in Afghanistan, that NOTHING bad/ugly has surfaced by now says that the behavior we witnessed last season was/is NOT his norm,  to me at least. Again, unless we see/hear something to indicate that Ryan is still behaving like he did last season or that he has a history of that sort of behavior prior to joining the Marines, I will give him the benefit of doubt that this was all caused by PTSD and that he continues to get help. YMMV

• Love 10

Thanks for writing THIS. I view the situation in the same manner, and have done so for a looong time.

Also, so many continuously state that Vicki and Brooks have made The Cancer such a integral storyline. BUT, really it has been their fellow castmates that poked, prodded, and inflamed the story. And, quite frankly, I am tired of it.

Granted, and very reasonable logic IF that were Brianna's angle. Brianna has made it clear why she doesn't want her kids around him. Because she thinks he's a bad influence, a bad man, bad for her mom, Etc. etc. etc. As far as I can tell, in all these seasons, the biggest gripe all these people have with Brooks is that THEY DON'T TRUST HIM. And I have yet to see anything concrete to back this overwhelming display of ridiculousness. They haven't shown one thing in this man's past that has me completely turned all "the power of Christ compels you" on him. What's worse is that this dislike for this man, right on my TV screen, slowly turned into this campaign to prove him to be some really "dangerous" person with A LOT of stretching and screaming and accusations, yada, yada, yada and yet all the stuff that has "come out" about him has never registered anything higher than a raised eyebrow on my "protect all that is good and holy" meter. To me the whole thing about Brooks all these seasons falls into a very asinine category that's lacks intelligence on their parts. I mean they trip all over themselves and stumble around just to have their say about the man. Give me a break already.

• Love 4

First, it only takes 1 tour of duty in an active combat zone to cause PTSD. Second, his behavior that entire season, the outside lights, the security cameras, his insistence that he was only "protecting HIS family" and his explosive temper (emotional never physical) and his paranoia are all symptoms of PTSD. Third, we don't know if he went "off" on any Superior Officer and I doubt the Military will ever release that information had it happen.  Yes, other Marines were upset at his behavior but I am not sure that they would feel the same way now knowing he was diagnosed with PTSD and has sought treatment for it.  That we know NOTHING about his life/behaviors prior to his 4 tours in Afghanistan, that NOTHING bad/ugly has surfaced by now says that the behavior we witnessed last season was/is NOT his norm,  to me at least. Again, unless we see/hear something to indicate that Ryan is still behaving like he did last season or that he has a history of that sort of behavior prior to joining the Marines, I will give him the benefit of doubt that this was all caused by PTSD and that he continues to get help. YMMV

You don't even have to see combat to get PTSD. It's not just something that happens in war.  In one example, a man who was like a father to me was a medic in the ARMY during Vietnam. He did not go to Vietnam. He treated amputees, stateside ,who had just come back. he dealt with violence, suicide and other traumas. Men killed themselves on the ward while he tried to help. He saw awful things  He has PTSD. He has always said he didn't go to Vietnam. Vietnam came to him.

My husband had an Aortic Dissection. He spent 3 months in the hospital and experiences trauma after trauma . He had/has PTSD.. It's much much better now, 8 years later, but it was very rough.  Some people who were close to 9/11 have PTSD.. Rape victims.. ETC. It's more common than people think

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 19

I agree. In my experience, people tend to be more honest when drunk. Brooks is creepy as hell. So is Ragey Ryan, and it is kind of odd how he was recording him, but one creep does not negate another. 

Well, people also say some really stupid shit when they are drunk. People tend to lose filters. I guess I tend to to judge others by their actions more than their words. If Brooks had been abusive to Briana (outside of a drunken conversation)-- I didn't see that episode so ? was he joking? I don't know.

However, sometimes we don't like people our loved ones care about and most of us suck it up and behave civil towards them. My MIL hated me when we first got to know each other and the things she accused me of were ridiculous. She said some really rude stuff to my parents and I thought she was an unbalanced neurotic witch. But she got over it eventually and I saw the wisdom in forgiving her and now we get along and care about each other.

I also didn't see Briana's husband before and honestly, the stuff I'm reading in these forums kind of send up red flags-- Briana's isolation can also be attributed to a controlling spouse who is now home ALLTHETIME.  And yes, she allows Vicki to come and visit because it gives her a break and Vicki spends lots and lots of money on her and her kids and I bet pays for dinners out every time. That house looks pretty high rent for the enlisted. My son is in the Navy and there is no way he could afford that size house in my community which has some of the most affordable housing in the country--even with the family allowance. 

• Love 5

Brianna was convinced to live with her mother while her husband was away; as a family member/guest in her mom's home, think she had a say in who came around. She objected to being under the same roof as Brooks, not to V seeing Brooks on her own.

• Love 2

LOL! Brianna was giving me Kennedy compound,  Tara or South Fork teas when she called Vicki's house the family home. Frankly, I just think she expects to inherit it after Vicki dies. *(QUOTE by: islandgal140)

--------

Oh my gosh, islandgal140, I have the same thoughts!

• Love 6

I also didn't see Briana's husband before and honestly, the stuff I'm reading in these forums kind of send up red flags-- Briana's isolation can also be attributed to a controlling spouse who is now home ALLTHETIME.  And yes, she allows Vicki to come and visit because it gives her a break and Vicki spends lots and lots of money on her and her kids and I bet pays for dinners out every time. That house looks pretty high rent for the enlisted. My son is in the Navy and there is no way he could afford that size house in my community which has some of the most affordable housing in the country--even with the family allowance. 

Brianna works as a nurse and probably gets a check from Bravo.. It would not surprise me if Vicki does more for Brianna than we know, either

• Love 6

You don't even have to see combat to get PTSD. It's not just something that happens in war.  In one example, a man who was like a father to me was a medic in the ARMY during Vietnam. He did not go to Vietnam. he treate amputees stateside who had just come back. he dealt with violence, suicide and other traumas. Men killed themselves on the ward while he tried to help. He saw awful things  He has PTSD. He has always said he didn't go to Vietnam. Vietnam came to him.

My husband had an Aortic Dissection. He spent 3 months in the hospital and experiences trauma after trauma . He had/has PTSD.. It's much much better now, 8 years later, but it was very rough. 

Oh, I agree but for the conversation ZM and I were having, I just wanted to point out that 1 tour can and often is enough to cause PTSD. Any traumatic and or life altering situation can cause PTSD in anyone no matter how "strong" they may think they are.

I am glad your husband is doing better. As the survivor of a severe closed head trauma/injury, I know for a fact how hard it is to "feel" even somewhat normal again.

Well, people also say some really stupid shit when they are drunk. People tend to lose filters. I guess I tend to to judge others by their actions more than their words. If Brooks had been abusive to Briana (outside of a drunken conversation)-- I didn't see that episode so ? was he joking? I don't know.

However, sometimes we don't like people our loved ones care about and most of us suck it up and behave civil towards them. My MIL hated me when we first got to know each other and the things she accused me of were ridiculous. She said some really rude stuff to my parents and I thought she was an unbalanced neurotic witch. But she got over it eventually and I saw the wisdom in forgiving her and now we get along and care about each other.

Briana is an ER nurse and I am sure she makes good money at it. If Vicki was paying 1 cent towards their mortgage she would have made sure we all knew about it. LOL

• Love 5

I often wonder why some people are watching if they hate all or most of the cast members.

Because love-watching and hate-watching and everything-in-between watching can all be enjoyable and worth talking about. Let's be careful not to make this personal. Thanks, carry on.

• Love 17

Oh, I agree but for the conversation ZM and I were having, I just wanted to point out that 1 tour can and often is enough to cause PTSD. Any traumatic and or life altering situation can cause PTSD in anyone no matter how "strong" they may think they are.

I am glad your husband is doing better. As the survivor of a severe closed head trauma/injury, I know for a fact how hard it is to "feel" even somewhat normal again.

Good for you. I do know how rough that can be.  I think in a situation like your or my husband, you sometimes have to accept a new normal.

And I don't like Ryan, but I do feel a need to defend the problem I think  he has. PTSD sucks, and it hurts everyone around them. Brianna  may really have a lot on her plate. Dealing with someone with PTSD is tough. It's her husband and I don't blame her for sticking it out, If that is what that problem actually is 

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 8

That house looks pretty high rent for the enlisted. My son is in the Navy and there is no way he could afford that size house in my community which has some of the most affordable housing in the country--even with the family allowance.

He's probably making $60-$70,000 with bonuses AND his salary when he is deployed is TAX-FREE.  As a nurse in OC, Brianna could EASILY have been earning $80-$90.000. Given Brianna's salary for OCHW and Vicki's penchant for gifting, a $400,000 house isn't that much of a stretch.  I'm wondering who's watching the kids when Brianna is working, although some have theorized she's working one-two shifts as a per diem, maybe even weekends when Ryan is home.

It could be that she's tired because she's working an overnight shift.

• Love 3

He's probably making $60-$70,000 with bonuses AND his salary when he is deployed is TAX-FREE.  As a nurse in OC, Brianna could EASILY have been earning $80-$90.000. Given Brianna's salary for OCHW and Vicki's penchant for gifting, a $400,000 house isn't that much of a stretch.  I'm wondering who's watching the kids when Brianna is working, although some have theorized she's working one-two shifts as a per diem, maybe even weekends when Ryan is home.

It could be that she's tired because she's working an overnight shift.

Working the late shift usually pays more so you might be right about her working that shift to help defray child care costs or the boys go to a base daycare while she is at work.

Edited by WireWrap

Briana has not told Vicki that brooks can not live in her, Vicki's, house. She has said that she doesn't want to be in the house at the same time he is and that is it. On last nights episode, she offered to stay at a hotel so that Brooks was NOT forced out of his/Vicki's bed into a hotel and nothing more.

Michael said that he did not care for Brooks at the wine party and did not want to get to know him and I don't think he has had much to do with Brooks at all since then. He lives a couple of hours away and has little face to face contact with his mother and I am not sure how often he sees Brooks with or without Vicki if at all. I agree, that he has a adopted a whatever she wants attitude towards Vicki but then again, Brooks did not tell someone to smack him around to keep him in line or reveal private information to him to the tabloids either so IMO, it is easier for him to tune Brooks out. IMO, it screams "PROBLEMS" that he is unwilling to give his mother his home address or have her visit him at his home!

Michael said he liked Brooks, Michael is VP of Vicki's insurance company I am sure there is a home address on file.  You are taking information from three years ago and applying it to the present.  No one knows how often Vicki sees Michael and if she goes to his home.  I will say Michael, Brooks and Vicki were all in Mexico last year together so I don't think it is as infrequent as you are asserting.  I don't think anyone is screaming PROBLEMS when it comes to Michael and his mom.  He holds an important position in her company.  Just because Briana doesn't like Brooks doesn't mean Michael doesn't.  Vicki is unlikeable but for all her faults her daughter sure wants to spend time with her.  I don't particularly like the way they treat one another.  I applauded Vicki for trying to take it off camera.  No one cares where Briana sleeps when she is in Orange County.

Please list ALL the private information Brooks put in the tabloids about Briana.  Being pregnant is not a secret or private nor was her wedding.  Brooks was on a radio program and spoke of the pregnancy-newsflash Briana-you are not Kate Middleton, you are on a reality show what difference does it make when people find out you are pregnant?  Helicopters weren't circling overhead to get pictures of the bride and groom.

The worst thing that will ever happen to Vicki is she and Brooks breaking up. She has no other storyline.  Her daughter can't complain. Tamra can't complain and there is no one to take Brooks' place.

• Love 5

Tamara would have been more helpful to Ryan to give (or loan) $8,000 for a voc-tech school. She is not doing him any favors giving him a life style he is unable to maintain on his own. She must of co-signed as well...what income do he and his wife have? Even if she has some money from the gun shop then why couldn't they afford the $8,000? Are either employed in the OC? Perhaps a little from the show. But that is not stable.

Are they even buying a house, or renting? If purchasing then Tamara could donate her commission to them which would be nice for Eddie to hear.LOL

I'm convinced that entire storyline is contrived, and everyone involved is in on it, from Tamra to Eddie to Ryan to his wife. Think about it - the wife (is her name Sarah?) lives in northern CA, has a business there, has three small children with different fathers that conceivably live there, and Ryan moved there and had a child with her. Why on earth would they uproot all that to move to the OC? Did they even give a reason? Of course not. Why? Because it's temporary. It's something they did for the show. Tamra and Eddie got a storyline (arguing about enabling and supporting Ryan - all fake), and Ryan's family got Bravo check and paid vacation in the OC for three months. Notice they're renting their house, not buying (or looking to buy). Again, it's temporary. All for show. That's why Tamra lying to Eddie about the loan is meaningless - Eddie's in on it. Am I the only one who sees what bad actors they are? Watch Tamra, in particular - she's the worst.

• Love 14

As far as her drinking, I've been tempted to order grey goose when I go out just to see why it's her signature drink.

I actually asked for the "Shannon Beador" when I was out the other night, Vodka, cranberry juice in a tall glass with ice and a lime. The waitress totally knew what I wanted since she watches the RHOC too!  Shannon should bottle it up and sell it and be the next Bethenny Frankel. 

• Love 10

I'm going to split the difference and say Ryan is an asshole AND has PTSD. It's not like they're mutually exclusive.

I've never liked Ryan. I started getting a bad vibe off of him from minute one. He struck me as a smug, condescending jerk and a first rate user. But the initial impression I got was someone who thought he found the golden ticket in Brianna and the RHOC more than a DV nutcase. I initially thought that Brianna living with Vicki was largely his idea so that she could get more camera time, probably with the end goal of Brianna being made a Housewife and then a spin off for her and Ryan. However, I didn't see him as violent until that season started to air and Ryan's crazy quest to take Brooks down got into full swing. By the time the couch thing happened I was already terrified of him. But I can see that some of his more extreme behavior being PTSD pushing an already self serving personality into a very dark place. Either way I don't like the guy and would probably rather sit through dinner with Brooks if I had to make a choice.

• Love 24

Like any cancer - or cancer scare - it seems like there are a lot of different approaches. I'm 68 and somewhat familiar with them as one that has been possibly diagnosed , and friends and extended family with breast, and other forms of cancer..

Back in the '80's a lump was detected and they performed a biopsy.

In the early 20's I had an ultrasound and 2 additional mammos within 3 days.

3 years ago they detected 2 lumps - 1 in each breast from my yearly mammo. Then an ultrasound which ruled out 1. They scheduled a biopsy for the other but then 2 radiologists studied the ultrasound and determined it wasn't necessary. But I have to have a mammo every 6 months. Fortunately my insurance companys cover it.

I've been very fortunately but also lucky in that there is no family history of breast cancer. Vigilance and information is vital for a woman to have and then second opinions for additional treatments. Also there are the woman that say take them both and the lymph nodes in an aggressive attempt to avoid the problem. Which is, of course imo, her right as it is her body. Same for a man with prostrate cancer or anyone diagnosed with cancer where ever. Good knowledge and vigilance is what is important to me.

• Love 11

I know it too! And it's for a very good reason. Chemo (regardless of the type) wrecks havoc on the immune system. Patients undergoing chemo have to be extremely careful about catching the flu or even a cold. Their bodies can't fight normally and both the flu and the common cold could turn into pneumonia.

Vicki came home from a business trip with a cold, walked in the door, Brooks went right over to her for hugs and kisses while she was asking him how his treatment was going...and right there is where I first thought he was full of manure. Oh, and her too.

• Love 17

I'm an RN and while I don't work in an ED, I do work in a hospital. We have some travelers-- they mostly work in the ED or ICUs or ORs-- areas where it is difficult to find trained people with all the certs. They usually sign a 13 week contract and get paid a higher rate and receive per diem/housing allowances and there are usually bonuses available for a number of successful contracts. I traveled for a few years and got a trip to the Bahamas.

Second-- Briana and Ryan probably work split shifts so they don't have to use daycare. Night shift pays more (there is a differential for off shifts-- my hospital pays an extra $5/hr) and she probably works per diem because the military provides the health insurance for the family-- much easier to go to the same doctors. If he is working a regular day shift, she is probably working nights which would explain her haggard appearance. She has certs in pediatic ED so maybe covers shifts there. One hospital I worked at had both an adult and pediatric ED. There are not a lot of oncologists who work in the ED-- only maybe consults that come down there to examine a newly diagnosed or potentially diagnosed patient or maybe a new leukemic. Most doctors that work in the Emergency Dept. are hospitalists/internists that work for the hospital and have experience in emergency medicine. They are highly skilled and the guys we call after 10 at night when a patient is going bad on the cardiac floor.

Hospital nurses are usually the highest paid nurses but not all regions have the same rates-- California nurses have a fantastic rate but OKC might be a bit less.  I know my friend that works down in NYC makes about $60-$75/hr and the rates upstate are much less. Some hospitals offer a specialty rate but not all.

I can see that they could probably afford a mortgage on both salaries--Briana probably makes more than Ryan.  Vicki may have given them their down-payment as a wedding gift.  It is a far cry from military housing. Briana is probably too stressed and exhausted to have a social life.

• Love 9

Michael said he liked Brooks, Michael is VP of Vicki's insurance company I am sure there is a home address on file.  You are taking information from three years ago and applying it to the present.  No one knows how often Vicki sees Michael and if she goes to his home.  I will say Michael, Brooks and Vicki were all in Mexico last year together so I don't think it is as infrequent as you are asserting.  I don't think anyone is screaming PROBLEMS when it comes to Michael and his mom.  He holds an important position in her company.  Just because Briana doesn't like Brooks doesn't mean Michael doesn't.  Vicki is unlikeable but for all her faults her daughter sure wants to spend time with her.  I don't particularly like the way they treat one another.  I applauded Vicki for trying to take it off camera.  No one cares where Briana sleeps when she is in Orange County.

Please list ALL the private information Brooks put in the tabloids about Briana.  Being pregnant is not a secret or private nor was her wedding.  Brooks was on a radio program and spoke of the pregnancy-newsflash Briana-you are not Kate Middleton, you are on a reality show what difference does it make when people find out you are pregnant?  Helicopters weren't circling overhead to get pictures of the bride and groom.

The worst thing that will ever happen to Vicki is she and Brooks breaking up. She has no other storyline.  Her daughter can't complain. Tamra can't complain and there is no one to take Brooks' place.

It was her pregnancy and her wedding not his. He did not know Briana, at all, and should have kept her name and her business out of his mouth. He was dating Vicki, NOT Briana and had no right to say anything and I have never gotten the impression that Briana thinks she should be treated like royalty. LOL

Briana does not trust Brooks, that is HER right and she doesn't have to spend time with him or around him if she doesn't want to. Briand is NOT insisting that Vicki break up with him anymore, she just doesn't want him around her and her family. That Briana offered to stay at a hotel so that Brooks could stay in Vicki's house says that she has moved beyond trying to control anything her mother does when she is not around and that she is unwilling to be made the bad guy anymore by her mother.

As for Michael, didn't Vicki say that she does NOT see him very often because he lives 2 hours away? They may go on a vacation together, with Brooks, but how often do they actually spend time with each other and Vicki has never mentioned going to his, Michael's apartment, ever. I am sure she has his home address for business purposes or maybe he uses a PO Box address instead for business purposes with his mother. I got the impression that she sees Michael less than she does Briana who lives out of state.

ETA....I also think Briana caught on to her mother using the discord between her and Brooks as a storyline to keep her Orange and is tired of being painted as the bad daughter in all of this.

Edited by WireWrap

Yeah, Tamra and the whole born again Christian thing is just ridiculous. Granted, I can't see in her heart but I don't see any outward manifestations that she's turned her life over to Jesus so to speak. Maybe she's waiting for the baptism to really give it her all. Can I get an amen?

I totally agree with Eddie about Ryan. (Just realized there are two Ryans now). Why should they be bankrolling them? Maybe tamra feels responsible for helping out since she was pushing them to move to the oc. But having them near isn't doing Ryan any favors. He'll never learn to be a man. Why Sarah ever thought it would be a good idea to procreate with this guy is beyond me. But it just seems par for the course.

I thought Meghan seemed a bit disappointed she wasn't going to get more of a story line since she doesn't carry the gene and probably just has a swollen lymph node. I don't think Jim could be any less interested in her if he tried. No sympathy from him. Even my husband was like, that dude doesn't like his wife very much, does he? And wtf on that headband? Especially when it is so tight it pushes her hair up on the sides.

Don't briana and Ryan live kind of far from the base? There might not be too many military families where they live. I'm not sure many NCOs could afford that neighborhood. Maybe Ryan is an officer, I don't know. I don't really care about the car. But I thought they had two good sized vehicles. Not sure how that helps. I'd rather mom pay for a house cleaner or therapy for Ryan. Don't care if brooks has cancer or not.

I like Shannon. Even though she sabotages herself she is aware she is doing it and I can see her kicking herself mentally for not being "stronger". But I love her goofy side and that she's not afraid to put it out there. I really wish her happiness even if that doesn't include David I hope she can accept that. She still has a lot to offer and life to live. I would make one suggestion for her and posture and the way she carries herself. It makes her look defeated and older than she is. As far as her drinking, I've been tempted to order grey goose when I go out just to see why it's her signature drink. Happy Shannon is just delightful.

Heather-I just can't get excited about her house, or her, or her husband, or her kids. Only coco looks like her and that child is going to be ruinrt as we say in the south. I had a hernia with my second child and I didn't get a tummy tuck out of it. I didn't think family was supposed to treat other family members.

Brianna did say that Vicki helps her in places she doesn't need the help, or something to that effect. I thought the same thing you did when I watched. My first thought was, they have vehicles, why does Vicki think giving them a new car is helping, what about a housekeeper?

• Love 7

I hate to ask, but what anal leakage?

I guess I'll take one for the team.  From  wikipedia:

Anal leakage may refer to:

Steatorrhea, a type of oily anal discharge

Keriorrhea, a type of oily discharge caused by eating deep sea fish

Fecal incontinence, liquid fecal incontinence is a sub-type of fecal incontinence

Fecal leakage, a type of fecal incontinence causing minor staining of undergarments in adults

Encopresis, liquid fecal soiling and fecal incontinence in children

So basically, either liquid or solid matter came out of terry's anus unplanned or not prompted by his efforts to expel this matter.  Or, possibly, he sharted.  

• Love 4

Brianna did say that Vicki helps her in places she doesn't need the help, or something to that effect. I thought the same thing you did when I watched. My first thought was, they have vehicles, why does Vicki think giving them a new car is helping, what about a housekeeper?

Because, giving Briana a big shiny new car/SUV ON CAMERA is more showy than hiring/paying for someone to actually help Briana like a housekeeper OFF CAMERA! It's all about Vicki being able to SHOW a gift than actually giving the gift IMO.

• Love 16

Because, giving Briana a big shiny new car/SUV ON CAMERA is more showy than hiring/paying for someone to actually help Briana like a housekeeper OFF CAMERA! It's all about Vicki being able to SHOW a gift than actually giving the gift IMO.

You're so right. I said it before, Vicki doesn't seem to do anything kind unless she can be seen doing it. 

• Love 5

Excuse me if this was mentioned on the 2 pages of commentary I haven't gotten to yet but I'm 100% team Briana on this one.  She has every right to want to keep her family away from Brooks considering what he said to Ryan when he got drunk what was it, 2 seasons ago?  I wouldn't want my kids near someone who suggested my husband smack me around to keep me in line either.  I don't care if he was drunk when he said it, the fact that he even has that in him to say would be enough for me to stay clear of him forever.

I could swear there was mention at the reunion of Brooks putting his hands on Vicki in a violent manner. It was either Tamra or Brianna that brought it up. IIRC, it was danced around and alluded to by either T or B and then Vickii said someting about it just being a shove or something like that. Am I imagining this or did it happen? Is there video of the reuinion online where I could find it? If this is true that could be yet another reason Brianna doesn't want her kids - or her mother - around Brooks.

• Love 3

I think a $50,000.00 vehicle goes a long ways in helping the family budget. With one shift Briana can pay for a housekeeper for the month. Vicki could have made just as big a deal over a year's subscription to a housekeeping service.  The vehicle is a big deal and a generous gift-somehow I think it is probably tied to Vicki's Evolution Media/Bravo contract.  I am always suspicious.

• Love 1

Bwahahaha! Oh she really is she mother's daughter. Vicki gets Brianna the gift SHE wants to give and Brianna complains that it wasn't the gift SHE wanted. They really are the most self centered twosome, aren't they? Neither one can ever think of anybody else for even five seconds. I really believe that Brianna is going to be just as needy, narcissistic, and smothering a mother as Vicki. In fact I could see her life taking a remarkably similar path: divorce Husband #1 once she's sick of small town life, move the kids to CA (talking shit about Ryan the entire time) to marry someone with a more extravagant lifestyle, and eventually leave him for some ass kissing grifter her kids hate. Yup. I can totally see it.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 10

I guess I'll take one for the team.  From  wikipedia:

So basically, either liquid or solid matter came out of terry's anus unplanned or not prompted by his efforts to expel this matter.  Or, possibly, he sharted.  

I will also take one for the team!!  A clip was shown of Terry and Heather that supposedly happened a few months earlier, Terry picks up a small plastic bottle and says to Heather 'remember when I was developing this...and you wouldn't try it and I tried it?'  Heather says 'yes, some of us have good instincts', Terry says the next day he looked down and Heather says 'you made a mess on the chair...anal leakage!!'  They never said what exactly he tried!!

• Love 4

I think a $50,000.00 vehicle goes a long ways in helping the family budget. With one shift Briana can pay for a housekeeper for the month. Vicki could have made just as big a deal over a year's subscription to a housekeeping service.  The vehicle is a big deal and a generous gift-somehow I think it is probably tied to Vicki's Evolution Media/Bravo contract.  I am always suspicious.

Briana had an SUV already and I disagree, a housekeeper would have helped her daughter more than another vehicle. The problem is that Vicki could not get the BIG reveal on camera paying for a housekeeper like she did with giving an SUV on camera.  

• Love 5

I will also take one for the team!!  A clip was shown of Terry and Heather that supposedly happened a few months earlier, Terry picks up a small plastic bottle and says to Heather 'remember when I was developing this...and you wouldn't try it and I tried it?'  Heather says 'yes, some of us have good instincts', Terry says the next day he looked down and Heather says 'you made a mess on the chair...anal leakage!!'  They never said what exactly he tried!!

They were discussing their new skincare line at the time so I think the bottle he showed/held up was a formula that ended up being rejected because of the "leakage" it caused Terry! LOL

• Love 3

According to The Marine Times, Ryan's treatment for PTSD consisted of a five day program called Save a Warrior:

http://archive.marinecorpstimes.com/article/20140302/OFFDUTY02/303020009/Marines-confront-stigma-post-traumatic-stress

A five day program certainly can help but I think Ryan's problems and behavior go far beyond what a five day program can do.  I also think that this was a way of pleasing the Marines for his behavior a couple of seasons ago.

Maybe Ryan's behavior is rooted in PTSD or maybe it's something else.  All I know is the guy certainly seems to have problems and Vicki is, IMO, afraid of the guy.  She actually asked Ryan, not Briana, if it was ok to move the baby at the dinner table so that Briana could have a break.  That's not normal.  And very reminiscent of his behavior when they lived with Vicki - the guy has control issues.  Add to that the restraining order against him in 2010.

I would just like to note that a 64 year old in this day and age is not 'elderly' and I think it ridiculous that she has been referred to in this way.  Geez.

• Love 16

I'm convinced that entire storyline is contrived, and everyone involved is in on it, from Tamra to Eddie to Ryan to his wife. Think about it - the wife (is her name Sarah?) lives in northern CA, has a business there, has three small children with different fathers that conceivably live there, and Ryan moved there and had a child with her. Why on earth would they uproot all that to move to the OC? Did they even give a reason? Of course not. Why? Because it's temporary. It's something they did for the show. Tamra and Eddie got a storyline (arguing about enabling and supporting Ryan - all fake), and Ryan's family got Bravo check and paid vacation in the OC for three months. Notice they're renting their house, not buying (or looking to buy). Again, it's temporary. All for show. That's why Tamra lying to Eddie about the loan is meaningless - Eddie's in on it. Am I the only one who sees what bad actors they are? Watch Tamra, in particular - she's the worst.

Ok. It's more believable to me that Ryan makes bad choices and his mom enables him. What's described above sounds like production putting way too much effort, money and time into a storyline that's only mentioned like 3x in the season and is not highly dramatic, i.e., would not generate drama/revenue for the show.

Edited by Silo
  • Love 2

Didn't Briana also say "I have money" at some point after getting the SUV as a birthday gift?

• Love 7