Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Reunion (Part III)

• Start Topic

Beth can get frustrated with Sonja but not Heather... Ummm Kay.

So, Dorinda didn't mind the British ladies changing her name to Doris? I'm glad Heather didn't do it can you imagine?

I don't hate Beth, it's the complete unbalanced part that irks me. She is able to comment on everything and everyone and is never called out on anything ever. She acted like a lunatic at the beginning of the season, Scarlet O'Hara indeed. However not once was she ever taken to task for screaming or acting nut. I think a little balance is needed, but won't happen.

• Love 22

Bethenny directing reunion was appalling. I noticed in part two when they argued about the dresses Bethenny said "we" need a kleptomaniac in the franchise. "We". ( we as in the group of housewives?) NEED (NO not as in the wives, as in production needs it to add color and a bit character for the franchise's success) . She views herself as one of the puppeteers now, she views herself above all other housewives and in the Bravo Royal Family. Hate her.

Luann laughing maniacally during the footage describing that her T&C dude was married? That was funny? Um. Ok. Imagine how she would have felt if the Counts side piece was on a public t v show laughing at Lu. Noel sees who you are Luann. So do we.

That's all I remember, Luann was definitely unmasked for me. She is a grown woman who can do whatever she wants, but Carole cannot.

• Love 20
So basically Lu pulled a Kim Richards and deflected ("Let's talk about your husband") and tried to create smoke where there is no fire. I'm not a Heather fan by any means but I don't buy for one second that she was doing anything untoward in her room on vacation.

This is totally what she did! Great comparison.  If she had any dirt on Heather she would have used it long ago. And honestly, even though I like Heather, I think Heather would have deserved it in that season. I know Lu outed herself with that phone call, but Heather still talked about Lu banging on her door in the middle of the night with the pirate (just before she went off and banged him), with Carol the next day. She had no idea that Lu was going to out herself, but she talked about it on camera and then in her talking heads she talked about how she was so hurt on behalf of Jacques. Why wasn't Lu freaking out about "girl code" then? Because even as a Heather fan, I think that was a shitty thing to do to a friend.

But Lu has succeeded in the same way Kim Richards succeeded. People are now speculating about what she could have seen Heather doing, and deciding Lu wasn't bluffing. Don't buy it.

OT but is the quote button gone for anyone else?   

Edited by racked
  • Love 2

I think I'm in the minority but I think this was the best reunion ever. For me a reality shows need to have just the right amount of reality and an equal part of enticing me to suspend my disbelief. An example from the season, In T&C when Romona comes to dinner all decked out Bethenny remarked something to the effect "why is she so dressed up, it's only us girls and a houseboy" well that is not reality to me. Ramona is dressed up because this is going to be on tv with a million people watching. it really is a problem across the entire franchise. For example on the OC Vickie saying Meghan should get a job, the reality is Meghan has a job and it's being on this show. So having said that, the reunion shows always displays to me how little reality is on this show. It's here where you really get the scoop on what REALLY happened ....and I hate that. This reunion was the first time there was a perfect balance of what is shown and what went on behind the scenes. I also liked that things were resolved and some real truths were spoken.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 9

I wouldn't be surprised if Lu had dirt on Heather.  But as Heather said she's covered for Lu tons of times.  So anything Lu might say would just pull out more dirt on her.  Heather's dirt pile is much smaller.  

• Love 4

Whatever it was it happened in St Barths when LuAnn and Thomas knocked on Heathers door in the middle of the night. Heather said, tonight, "Ok, Let's talk about it" and LuAnn backed off and said that SHE, herself, did not want to talk about it. I get the feeling that LuAnn was bluffing and Heather called her out on it.

This is just one of the reasons why I love Heather.  She will straight up call all of these women's bluff.  I was loving that part and how quickly Luann backed down.  She knew she didn't have a damn thing on Heather.

• Love 18

Me three.

It was explained a number of times upthread.

Many have made the comparison between Heather and Bethenny, arguments have been made about how these two women are savvy business mavens, how assertive they are and probably that is why they are so succesful, how abrasive they can be, know-it-all , etc, etc, etc.

So I kept wondering and wondering, if in essence they are so similar why I like Bethenny and do not care for Heather?  

The only honest answer I can find is quite simple: witty humor.

While Heather expresses herself correctly, is well spoken and can make her point across , she always comes IMO as arrogant, condescending and almost as if she is preaching to the other party. She rarely acknowledges any of her shortcomings and while one of her virtues is that she is loyal, that is also her downfall because she comes accross as lending blinding support to the most stupid causes, she fights other battles but not to make the conflict go away, she deepens the conflict and then that problem becomes her problem as well. All that can be forgiven if Heather would have some instrospection and would use humor to tone it down instead of scalating it. She sets herself in this kind of pedestal so she becomes an easy target.

Bethenny on the other hand has the gift (I wish I had) of having witty comebacks, it is not only the content, it is the delivery as well. When someone makes a cutting remark or a passive agrresive dig, I sulk on it for hours and then I come back with an awesome reply that I wish I would have though hours before and that makes me even madder, lol. Bethenny is quick on her feet, she nails it but usually with humor which makes the conflict dissipate or at least brings it down so there is possibility for reconciliation.  Bethenny is the first one to acknowledge her shortcoming and usually puts it all up front and by doing that and laughing about it she disarms her opponents.

The way she handled the issue of the toast was masteful IMO, she didn't overeact, she said she believed it but let it go , (lol, poor Luann doesn't know what she has coming her way next season), by doing so and not dragging it out she set the tone and even joked about it which make that conflict dissipate. She now has one little weapon to throw at Luann every so often.

I know it is not fair for Heather, humor just doesn't come to her easily as it doesn't for many of us, but Bethenny has that gift and boy does she use it well.

I think your distinction is interesting and it's true people forgive a lot in a person if they entertain them. Where I disagree is in Heather doesn't own her shit [buzzword]. She cops readily to talking too much sometimes and being a bit of a lecturer. And owns up to being competitive. I also think she's no more arrogant or condescending then Bethenny, IMO. And she's not cruel where Bethenny can be. Nobody is safe from her "humor." Hell, nobody means anything to Bethenny, The world is her audience and she cares for no one and nothing except Brynn. 

But it's understandable she reads "easier" than Heather. I find her amusing and funny at times, but I have no need to envy or live vicariously through her manic wit (I'd say she lands 60% of the time, the rest is cringe-inducing and falls flat. "Get off my jock" ? The way she mocked the guy at the bar? Yeah, ouch.) so I'd rather have Heather in my corner any day.

Yep.  I think you summed it up well.  While Bethenny might make for better TV (and that is an opinion that is very debate-able), I'd rather have Heather as a friend in real life any day of the week.  That being said, I personally prefer seeing Heather on the show as compared to Bethenny and I'm bummed she won't be coming back. 

While Beth's one liners can be funny sometimes (maybe 50% of the time?), she also uses that wit to mock and cut people down mercilessly. 

If anyone could have stopped Bethenny's alpha stampede to the top of this crew it would have been Heather, it was odd seeing her being fairly submissive towards Beth.  I would have thought she'd have some more umph in her.

Carole's one more day was touching.  However throughout this reunion and the re-play clips I finally found what bothers me about her.  In her fights with others she rarely speaks out before one of her ally's does.  When Carole and Heather went to confront Luanne her reactions were timed, even the hand gestures, just a second behind Heather's.  Like they weren't authentically hers.  Ramona is right (I think it was Ramona), Carole's a lackey.  The only time I saw her speak in a confrontation without anyone else was towards Luanne and the boyfriend fight.  

I don't think she's a lackey.  I think she's just not as aggressive and alpha-dog as most of the women she is surrounded by on this show.

OK, I'm just going to say it: Bethenny must do Adderal and/or speed to control her weight.  She literally cannot stop talking for more then 3.2 seconds.  It's pathetic.  I feel badly for anyone who has to work for her.  She's exhausting.

So much word.  It's exhausting to just listen to her one hour a week (or, in this week, 2 hours).  Can you imagine having to work for her and be around her 8-10 hours a day, 5-7 days (cuz you know those Skinny Girls probably don't get Sat and Sun off) a week??  Good gawd.  I'd have to hit the SkinnyGirl Pinot pretty hard starting at breakfast to deal with her. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 13

I forgot Lu trying to steal Beth's moves. What was her deal, she faked sleep when heathers was talking, then she tried to do the meditating move when Sonja was calling her out, just like Beth had just done. Lu think of your own rude dismissive moves, just sayin'.

• Love 12

Bethenny directing reunion was appalling. I noticed in part two when they argued about the dresses Bethenny said "we" need a kleptomaniac in the franchise. "We". ( we as in the group of housewives?) NEED (NO not as in the wives, as in production needs it to add color and a bit character for the franchise's success) . She views herself as one of the puppeteers now, she views herself above all other housewives and in the Bravo Royal Family. Hate her.

Luann laughing maniacally during the footage describing that her T&C dude was married? That was funny? Um. Ok. Imagine how she would have felt if the Counts side piece was on a public t v show laughing at Lu. Noel sees who you are Luann. So do we.

That's all I remember, Luann was definitely unmasked for me. She is a grown woman who can do whatever she wants, but Carole cannot.

Bolding mine.

And I wonder how long it took her to come up with that lame "Ranona Ryder" quip. It felt, to me, like she was just looking for a way to use it. I thought it fell pretty flat.

And I didn't notice her use of the royal "We". Ugh.

• Love 13

There's just one thing I wanted to post about and it's the quick comment that Carole made at the end of the reunion which was "I did sense Luanne's discomfort" when she was talking about how things could have been done and communicated differently about Adam. The minute she said it my ears perked and I was all like "AHA!, Finally!". I'm happy Lu mentions that maybe she should have been more vocal about the negatives surrounding that pairing but at the same time considering that Carole just admitted sensing it without having to be told..... 

Meanwhile a big part of her defense was that she didn't realize, didn't know, Lu never "said" anything to give the impression it was a problem. That's the hogwash that was bothering me the most about Carole's "defense". The "playing dumb" angle she chose to run with. Blah...

Funny how Carole finally admits to not completely being "unaware" and ya know, knowing all along that ahem... people are feeling a certain kinda way about it (i.e. uncomfortable, discomfort). Shit a quick oooppss my bad, muffin basket, with wine, fun night in, truce at the onset of it all to keep things light while still respecting the friendship enough to acknowledge there's some messiness on the horizon would have gone a long way. Not saying Lu did herself any favors but had it been treated properly out of the gate Lu wouldn't have had anything to latch on to or lash out at. Duh! SMH! The grief that could have been avoided... Sheesh! Oh well. Maybe now they can finally be done with it.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 18

I think both Kristen and Heather are hardworking businesswomen, mothers, and wives but they are lazy housewives which is why they had little airtime.  This show is reality but it's also about entertainment and about giving the audience something to discuss.  All the ladies did that except for them. They just sat back, watched the other women behave badly and when it came time - wagged their fingers, scolded them, and spewed "shame on you."  It's lazy housewife behavior!  It's reality show - you're supposed to let your crap hang out!  If I were part of production putting together a show, I'd be pulling my hair out trying to get something to put on tape to air.  

• Love 4

Whether it's production telling Carole to be on Heather's side for the naked man fight or what, nothing she said or did seemed in anyway authentic to me about it.  Not like the boyfriend fight with Luanne.  I still don't think Carole is cut out for these shows, and with her persona I have to wonder why she is there.  

I also think it's interesting how she attaches to the alpha of the room, now she's bff with Bethenny.  That's classic lackey behavior, to me.

Luanne was nervous af.  I was waiting for Andy to pull out video of her with beach boy the way he was talking about catching her with pirate.  You could see it all over her face and body language she didn't know if it was coming too.  She was yanking the ring on her finger so hard LOL

• Love 8

Did anyone else hear what Heather said to Luann when Luann came over to hug her?  It sounded to me like she said "I want to throw up.  I want to throw up right now."  And the more she said it the tighter and longer Luann hugged her.  Anyone?

I think the awkward way Luann stood up from the couch was the alleged "lunge" toward Heather. 

• Love 6

Thanks for the explanations of a package. I'll keep an eye out because I have to re-watch anyway - kept flipping between the reunion and Project Runway.

Does no one remember last reunion's Ramona repeatedly screaming, "Roll the next package!" as Andy asked her what she had learned from her "hard times" and if her "friends had supported her?

That's how I learned what "package" meant. Lol.

RE: Luann's, "Am I going to tell them/(him?) what happened when I went inside your room?" Heh. Look at Kristen's face. Classic Kristen. My guess is that Luann has something on Heather (I'm sure they ALL have something on EACH OTHER by this point- no angels in this group), and Heather's, "You wanna go there Luann?" Got things off track because Heather probably has more on Luann. Heather admitted that they were all smoking the night that Carole met the chef so I don't think it had anything to do with weed.

All the Hw's were replaced by rational people at the end, or they're all actresses and the dramaz is fake! I'm so sappy that when they (almost) all hugged at the end it made the reunion for me.

The reunion was boring as hell, but this made up for it. I apologize if I'm repeating myself- it was late last night and I was on sleepy time meds. Will go back and re-edit if so.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 7

I think both Kristen and Heather are hardworking businesswomen, mothers, and wives but they are lazy housewives which is why they had little airtime.  This show is reality but it's also about entertainment and about giving the audience something to discuss.  All the ladies did that except for them. They just sat back, watched the other women behave badly and when it came time - wagged their fingers, scolded them, and spewed "shame on you."  It's lazy housewife behavior!  It's reality show - you're supposed to let your crap hang out!  If I were part of production putting together a show, I'd be pulling my hair out trying to get something to put on tape to air.  

I wouldn't say they are lazy HW. I would say that Bravo wanted a certain narrative with Bethenny's return and therefore, there wasn't room for some of the other ladies. I'm sure they all knew it was going to happen, hence that toast where they were going to take Bethenny down. I personally can't take 8 strong personalities on a reality show which is why I liked the inclusion of someone like Kristen who isn't necessarily the loudest voice in the room, but who is interesting nonetheless. IDK, I think some of the ladies got the shaft because this was meant to be Bethenny's show. I didn't really see that until the reunion.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 15

Did anyone else hear what Heather said to Luann when Luann came over to hug her?  It sounded to me like she said "I want to throw up.  I want to throw up right now."  And the more she said it the tighter and longer Luann hugged her.  Anyone?

I think the awkward way Luann stood up from the couch was the alleged "lunge" toward Heather. 

Yep.  That's what made me think Lu does have some real dirt on Heather.

• Love 3

Luanne was nervous af.  I was waiting for Andy to pull out video of her with beach boy the way he was talking about catching her with pirate.  You could see it all over her face and body language she didn't know if it was coming too.  She was yanking the ring on her finger so hard LOL

She looked completely on edge the entire reunion. She said something about not wanting her son to see certain things and I had to laugh...like, Lu, you are on a reality show. You joked all season about having great, fabulous sex. The ship has sailed on the modesty boat.

She was invited to dish that dirt repeatedly and still didn't. Whatever dirt she has probably isn't anything in comparison to the dirt Heather has on her.

• Love 19

I think Heather was saying "I don't want to throw up" meaning don't come over here for no bullshit hug cause Imma throw up at the corny attempt and completely wrong timing of the offer.

• Love 3

Yep. That's what made me think Lu does have some real dirt on Heather.

Not imo. If Lu had anything really juicy , she'd have spilled it. Lu has been terrible to Heather and Carole.

Maybe she caught her doing some lines or smoking weed, but I'm sure that as far as it might go. Lu on the other hand tries to hide everything, so I'm sure Heather knows a lot about Lu.

I think Heather was upset with all the in her face mocking and cackling the other women were doing at her expense.

• Love 9

Did anyone else hear what Heather said to Luann when Luann came over to hug her? It sounded to me like she said "I want to throw up. I want to throw up right now." And the more she said it the tighter and longer Luann hugged her. Anyone?

Yep. That's what made me think Lu does have some real dirt on Heather.

And it makes me think that those Reunion and Final Show group hug-it-outs will never take.

They'll, maybe, all be back next season dishing the same dirt.

Except I agree with those who think H has more dirt on L than likewise.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

Heather has said in 1 of her blogs that Bravo did not chose to show many things they filmed of her this season. She has also said that on twitter. Andy/Bravo decided to make this season center around Bethenny and because of that, much of the film with other HWs was cut.

LuAnn lunged at Carole, not Heather and Carole even tweeted that it was cut from the reunion footage and asked "why".

I disagree, I think LuAnn was throwing mud at Heather, hoping it would stick and that Heather would back down. Heather challenged LuAnn and told her to go ahead and say whatever it was instead and LuAnn BACKED DOWN IMMEDIATLEY, not Heather.

• Love 18

I didn't believe for a SPLIT SECOND that Luann standing in the kitchen making hand gestures like a Tony Soprano-wannabe and saying in her smokers-gravely voice  "you broke the girl code" and "be cool, don't be uncool" was genuine. That wasn't something that Luann would say spontaneously and at the moment I saw that happen it sounded completely odd and unnatural. As a matter of fact, if she talked like that impulsively and unplanned to those women in the kitchen that morning, I think the others would have laughed in her face because it really sounded just so unnatural and out of place. This had to be planned way in advance by Bravo in order to get a head start on the publicity for Luann's crappy song 'Girl Code (don't be uncool). It was unabashed marketing, plain and simple.

Okay 'Tony' we won't be uncool anymore, we'll al be really cool from now on.

giphy.gif

And where does Luann get the idea that she can actually sing?  She can't and it's almost painful to listen to. I'm embarrassed even watching her go through the motions of 'singing'. Luann loves the limelight and will dance and gyrate seductively holding a microphone with a voice that is harsh and untrained and just plain awful. All I could think of when I see Luann 'perform' is a overdramtic crossdresser in a smoky nightclub of pre-WW2 Berlin in La Cage Aux Folles.

La-Cafe.gif

• Love 4

There's just one thing I wanted to post about and it's the quick comment that Carole made at the end of the reunion which was "I did sense Luanne's discomfort" when she was talking about how things could have been done and communicated differently about Adam. The minute she said it my ears perked and I was all like "AHA!, Finally!". I'm happy Lu mentions that maybe she should have been more vocal about the negatives surrounding that pairing but at the same time considering that Carole just admitted sensing it without having to be told..... 

Meanwhile a big part of her defense was that she didn't realize, didn't know, Lu never "said" anything to give the impression it was a problem. That's the hogwash that was bothering me the most about Carole's "defense". The "playing dumb" angle she chose to run with. Blah...

Funny how Carole finally admits to not completely being "unaware" and ya know, knowing all along that ahem... people are feeling a certain kinda way about it (i.e. uncomfortable, discomfort). Shit a quick oooppss my bad, muffin basket, with wine, fun night in, truce at the onset of it all to keep things light while still respecting the friendship enough to acknowledge there's some messiness on the horizon would have gone a long way. Not saying Lu did herself any favors but had it been treated properly out of the gate Lu wouldn't have had anything to latch on to or lash out at. Duh! SMH! The grief that could have been avoided... Sheesh! Oh well. Maybe now they can finally be done with it.

Yes, Carole did admit that she saw LuAnn was uncomfortable with her dating Adam and should have tried to speak to her about it but LuAnn avoided any conversation about it as well. They both just kept saying that their friendship meant more to each other than this issue. BOTH women were/are at fault and it was nice to hear them admit it last night.

• Love 3

But it's understandable she reads "easier" than Heather. I find her amusing and funny at times, but I have no need to envy or live vicariously through her manic wit (I'd say she lands 60% of the time, the rest is cringe-inducing and falls flat. "Get off my jock" ? The way she mocked the guy at the bar? Yeah, ouch.) so I'd rather have Heather in my corner any day.

I do wish that I had Bethenny's witty comebacks but I do not wish to have her life. I love my life and even without her millions I wouldn't trade it with anyone ever.

I guess the difference is that I am stating my POV as a viewer, I am under no delusions that I could ever be real friends with any of these famewhores, which everyone of them , Heather included, is. If you ask me there is something fundamentally wrong with every one of them to allow such intrusion on their personal lives, I do understand it as a marketing strategy though, that is the only thing that makes sense to me, but other than that I think they all like the limelight and some of them get burned by it.

With that being said and knowing that I realistically would never be friends with any of them I chose the one who at least entertains me and makes me laugh.

• Love 7

I'm trying to think why Beth is even on this show. All I recall is her making a salad that no one wanted and of course her public urination scene, always a Bravo favorite.

Her marriage/divorce is off-limits, her private dating is off-limits, her child is off-limits, and aside from callously insulting the homeless, what is her function? Presumably Jim Beam insisted on her visibility as her talk show tanked and their investment in Skinnygirl is not really going anywhere, but for the viewer where is the payoff? Her non-stop talking at Reunion? Please. Put a sock in it.

Luann is such a sleaze...The Discountess is pretty quick to take offense, but hooking up with a married guy and causing a divorce...well, in her own words, "it happens".

Kristen gets a bad edit, and has a worse husband. I wish her the best; for a kindly woman who also happens to be gorgeous, she is having a hard time.

Carole looked great, and I think she is less a "lackey" of any sort, but simply more restrained than this crew. And my fave Heather looked horrified at the hug from Luann...as would anyone with an ounce of decency. Luann's tin-foil dress could have given her a serious rash.

Ramona, ever the Dormouse from Alice in Wonderland...girlfriend wasn't asleep, she just passed out. 

• Love 17

Yes, Carole did admit that she saw LuAnn was uncomfortable with her dating Adam and should have tried to speak to her about it but LuAnn avoided any conversation about it as well. They both just kept saying that their friendship meant more to each other than this issue. BOTH women were/are at fault and it was nice to hear them admit it last night.

Luann avoided any conversation? I guess I missed that part. A couple of minimizing comments, and pushing the conversation off because I'm sure it's not a conversation Lu wanted to have with Carole in public with others around to interject doesn't equal avoiding but I guess we will never know. I guess for me I'm well aware that they are many many hours in a day that the cameras aren't around and what we see is only clips of their days for the months they are filming. I'm leaning towards the idea that a thoughtful conversation was a true possibility had it come from a genuine and sincere place, initiated in an intimate and private way. I just feel bad that women of their age can't grasp this concept by now. SMH!

• Love 4

Yeah, why was the lunge edited out?  Even Andy and Carole hinted at this on WWHL - at least that's the way it appeared to me.

http://www.eonline.com/news/676531/carole-radziwill-reveals-uncool-countess-luann-lunged-at-her-at-real-housewives-of-new-york-reunion

Did it have something to do with Carole responding to Lu supposedly saying that Carole's sister in law was her ghostwriter?

In the preview for the "lost" footage episode on Bravo's home page, they show something from the reunion, so it may be included then. I am not convinced that LuAnn said anything to Carole about another GW theory at the reunion, I think it is more than possible Aviva or LuAnn "leaked" this story to the tabloids/bloggers in hopes of making it seem like LuAnn did this and that Carole threatened Andy to cut it to further sully Carole's reputation. JMO

• Love 2

I do wish that I had Bethenny's witty comebacks but I do not wish to have her life. I love my life and even without her millions I wouldn't trade it with anyone ever.

I guess the difference is that I am stating my POV as a viewer, I am under no delusions that I could ever be real friends with any of these famewhores, which everyone of them , Heather included, is. If you ask me there is something fundamentally wrong with every one of them to allow such intrusion on their personal lives, I do understand it as a marketing strategy though, that is the only thing that makes sense to me, but other than that I think they all like the limelight and some of them get burned by it.

With that being said and knowing that I realistically would never be friends with any of them I chose the one who at least entertains me and makes me laugh.

I think that being a part of the Real Housewives franchise requires a little more than just being a 'famewhore' which of course they all are. I think that each of them all exhibit a true narcissistic personality. There's a vast difference between someone like likes attention and fame and a true narcissist. Narcissistic traits are the source of self-love/value and self-empowerment. Everyone has the traits found in narcissism at some level. It is only when the trait becomes pathological that it becomes detrimental to those people close to the narcissist.

Here are some traits that a narcissist exhibits. See if any or all of the Housewives of Anywhere match up personality-wise.

A narcissist typically requires:

Excessive attention (likes to be at the center of a discussion)

Likes to be admired by others and presents an excessively positive image of himself or herself to others in order to secure that admiration

Subservience from others, especially those who are close or work for them

A narcissist often criticises or vilifies others but hates it when others criticise him or her; they are hypercritical of others, yet hypersensitive to criticism.

A narcissist likes to receive praise from others but often dislikes to hear other people being praised.

A narcissist likes to ask favours of others but dislikes it when others ask too many favours of him or her. They may make a huge production out of doing the smallest favours for others, even when they didn't really go out of their way to do the favor itself.

A narcissist can be dishonest, but at the same time is a master of disguise and can lie very convincingly

A narcissist thinks that he or she is entitled to special privileges or special treatment.

A narcissist is inter-personally exploitative and takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends, without regard for how their choices might effect others. They will justify this by saying that they did it 'for their own good' or by some 'end justifies the means' rationalization.

A narcissist has little or no empathy and is unwilling or unable to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

A lack of genuine empathy (e.g. feeling genuinely sad when seeing other people being sad) is a key aspect of pathological narcissism.

A narcissist is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

A narcissist often has an arrogant affect (haughty behaviours or attitudes).

In my opinion, they each fit the criteria for having a genuine personality disorder. They aren't merely fame and publicty seekers.

• Love 3

I did like Andy putting Luann on the spot about knowing the cameras are there.

I wonder how Noel feels about Johnny Depp now.

As many of you pointed out, it is baffling how LuAnn claims to worry about Noel, but is herself not willing to adjust her behavior for his benefit.

I wonder if Noel's friends give him grief about his mom.

• Love 10

Luann avoided any conversation? I guess I missed that part. A couple of minimizing comments, and pushing the conversation off because I'm sure it's not a conversation Lu wanted to have with Carole in public with others around to interject doesn't equal avoiding but I guess we will never know. I guess for me I'm well aware that they are many many hours in a day that the cameras aren't around and what we see is only clips of their days for the months they are filming. I'm leaning towards the idea that a thoughtful conversation was a true possibility had it come from a genuine and sincere place, initiated in an intimate and private way. I just feel bad that women of their age can't grasp this concept by now. SMH!

LuAnn never told Carole it was such a big deal to her at any time and had she, I do believe things would have been different. Instead we see THs filmed after the season was done filming and after LuAnn went BSC on twitter and the damage was done.  I agree, there was enough free time, no cameras, to talk this out but neither 1 did it for some reason.

• Love 4

As many of you pointed out, it is baffling how LuAnn claims to worry about Noel, but is herself not willing to adjust her behavior for his benefit.

I wonder if Noel's friends give him grief about his mom.

THIS!!! I do not understand how someone can feel that it is incumbent for others to do what is in the best interest of their children but then do the opposite themselves! LOL 

• Love 10

What made me laugh about the Heather and Luann hug was that when Luann sat down on the couch next to Carole, Carole practically crawled into Bethenny's lap in an attempt to get away.  Had me snorting as I didn't blame her one bit.

• Love 7
Ramona was knackered and maybe a bit peckish from the strain of handling the pet on her chest affectionately known by the name, "her new boobs". Apparently, it was their feeding time, leaving Ramona exhausted and sleepy, thereby, curtailing any ability to mitigate her deviously dirty machinations. Her pet "boobs" must be part Teflon because EVERYthing just slides right off of her responsibility.

I'm pretty sure I heard Sonja say Ramona was sleeping off the rose she had at lunch.  It might not have been Sonja who said it, but someone did.

• Love 6

LuAnn never told Carole it was such a big deal to her at any time and had she, I do believe things would have been different. Instead we see THs filmed after the season was done filming and after LuAnn went BSC on twitter and the damage was done.  I agree, there was enough free time, no cameras, to talk this out but neither 1 did it for some reason.

Do we know for sure those TH were done after the twitter wars? I mean not all of them were. But nevermind. Apparently Carole didn't need to be official told as she admitted to having an inkling that things weren't A Ok with the Countess and yet kept on with the "who me?, what did I do" schtick the whole way through. I'm glad Lu still felt the need to meet halfway with regards to the "lack of communication" angle of it all. By doing that it prompted Carole to FINALLY admit to being aware of the cloud that hooking up with Adam brought over her relationship with Lu. Did she act on this knowledge in a positive way? Not really but at least we see her acknowledge that she knew it was hovering over them.  

• Love 3

It is very peculiar to OPENLY discuss, display, and aggressively intimate behaviors on a TELEVISION show of which you are a blatant and integral part,

yet become hysterical/enraged/"put out" ;) when your comadres mention, discuss,...those behaviors. I find it bizarre, also. BRANDI on RHOBH displays this befuddling perspective too.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 6

I also think it's interesting how she attaches to the alpha of the room, now she's bff with Bethenny.  That's classic lackey behavior, to me.

That's been my assessment of Carole all along.  She's a follower.  Which is fine.  Not everybody can lead.  Maybe Bethenny can mentor Carole to get back to work.

I heard something but couldn't make it out.  I thought I had DVRd it but accidentally taped the 8pm epi instead.  I have to wait til 5:30 today when they re-air. I think I'm going to try close captioning it.  If I can figure out how to do it.

• Love 4

Well part 3 was so chaotic that I could barely follow at times. While I came to like Bethenny on the second half of the season, I did not like her dominating the reunion. And I especially hated her blogs. Instead of adding her thoughts after the fact,she wrote like a producer of the show instead of a participant. She constantly remarked about how they were making great tv..and how entertaing it all was to watch. Above it all much? Very condescending.

First,she claims in the beginning she wants to keep it real, and not fall for drama created for a storyline, going so far to shut Heather down abruptly..twice! Then, she admits in her last blog that there are very few real moments in the show. All of her quipping,and self-deprecation are really just to create her character,and get a laugh. I do find her funny though..so I guess she's on to something there.

Best Moment That Could Have Been: While showing the clip of Luanne in her bra during the "Not really" and"Cool,Uncool"..I SO wanted to see that animated clip of the reunion with Luanne on the couch!!!! I kept picturing it!!

Also..Luanne said "I was in my bikini" (Heather trying to be heard over the crowd.."That was my bra")...Funny

• Love 7

Except I agree with those who think H has more dirt on L than likewise.

I agree that Heather probably has more on Luann.  But I think Lu's got something.  And Lu has less to lose if Heather exposed it all.  If Heather is leaving by her own volition, I think it's because she figures that the risk and the bullshit aren't worth it.  Smart.

• Love 4