Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Reunion (Part III)

• Start Topic

Women tend to be in the know when they want to be. All season Carole reeked of a woman who DECIDED she wasn't in the know but actually was which is why I find fault in Carole's position. Lu never hid the fact that it was an comfortable situation for her whereas Carole feigned confusion or exaggerated her "confusion" over the matter to avoid addressing it head on and sincerely. That's what I call BS on. Lu may not have screamed bloody murder but it was no secret and it was no secret that Carole wasn't really jumping at the idea of hashing it out with the Countess in the manner it deserved. I'm not surprised that Lu didn't even bother going any further than her digs and jabs. After she initially announced it I got the impression that Carole wasn't going to give much more thought any opinion that went against her getting to bang a 20 something year old so I'm not surprised Lu never really bothered to get into it after that.

Carole failed to listen Lu and her uncomfortable statement and instead of believing the aunt of the former girlfriend she chose to believe the guy she was banging-the ex-boyfriend of the niece.  Carole put Nicole in a bad place, Nicole may not have wanted to poor her heart out to Adam about being hurt but she did perhaps try and relay her feelings via Luann.  Instead Carole kept insisting she KNEW when Nicole and Adam had stopped seeing each other and she KNEW Nicole no longer had feelings for him.  Carole could not pick up on the fact it made Luann uncomfortable because he went from being a boyfriend of her niece, friend to her son, casual employee to a peer's love interest.  To me Carole took the word of a casual dating person-afterall it was only eight days over someone she claimed was her friend.  Seems to me Carole was thinking with her nether parts instead of her brain.  Luann wasn't the one who failed to send the message-Carole just refused to hear it.

• Love 13

Carole put Nicole in a bad place, Nicole may not have wanted to poor her heart out to Adam about being hurt but she did perhaps try and relay her feelings via Luann. Instead Carole kept insisting she KNEW when Nicole and Adam had stopped seeing each other and she KNEW Nicole no longer had feelings for him.

Or Nicole could have not been upset at all and Lu just wanted to create drama. Lu has always been vague or even deliberately misleading (the trip to Nicaragua) about Nicoles role in the matter.

• Love 16

I thought that was the best PTV HW episode recap of the season.  Somewhere upthread I quoted parts of it in a post.

Kudos to whoever wrote that one!

That's Alex Zeidel! His name's right there on it. (And thank you, on his behalf.)

• Love 3

If anyone else is wondering (as I was) about the Halston dress that Ramona 'stole' from Bethenny's show, here it is. Personally, I expected it to be much nicer and was a little surprised to find the photo of her with Avery in what I think is a pretty mundane looking dress.

ramona-singer-stolen-dress-bethenny-fran

I think they both look pretty cute.

Love the shoes.

Note from the shallow end, Avery might have that Mona-tummy thing happening. Tough to deal with.

• Love 2

Kristen was the surprise of the night for me.

I think she needs a new tagline...

kristen%20ballsy1_zpsbtsikqne.jpg

Kristen%20Ballsy_zpsmhmmpqy8.jpg

Pretty is not as pretty as you think with bad extensions.

I'll admit, I'm just *meh* in general over Kristin.  I don't think she's "ballsy" over anything except for someone the others have already gone after. I mean, if the gang is annoyed with LuAnn, she's annoyed with LuAnn.  If the gang is pissed at Aviva, she's ballsy toward Aviva.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 11

And where does Luann get the idea that she can actually sing?  She can't and it's almost painful to listen to. I'm embarrassed even watching her go through the motions of 'singing'.

Probably from Kim Zolciak.  Or Melissa Gorga.  I kept waiting for someone on the West Coast RH shows to decide they can sing too.  Yikes. 

• Love 10

I just saw that the Real Housewives Awards are on Bravo tonight.

NY comes is at 10:03 - 10:19 PM EST.

Surprise!........NJ is on right now.

Hi AnnA...I found this at the BRAVO site.

2015-rha-promo-3-2.jpg?itok=idlyJK3W%C3%

Kick things off with a look at the most iconic moments in Housewives history

REAL HOUSEWIVES AWARD NOMINEES MOMENTS- FRIDAY, AUGUST 28th - BRAVO - 9:21-9:35PM, 9:35-9:51PM, 9:51-10:03PM, 10:03-10:19PM, 10:19-10:34PM, 10:34-10:45PM

It's that time of the year: the the second annual Real Housewives Awards are officially here! The event is, of course, dedicated to celebrating all the most talked about and unforgettable moments from the recent seasons of The Real Housewives franchise. Want to get in on all the fun? You can visit BravoTV.com/RHAwards or access the Bravo Daily Dish app to vote for your favorite moments and Housewives.

There are five new awards this year, making a total of 11 categories for viewers and fans to vote in. Those returning categories include Rookie of the Year, Best Supporting Agitator, OMG Moment, Biggest Reunion Shocker, and Best Quote. The new categories are Most LOL-Worthy, Realest Reconciliation, Best Housewife Comeback, Most Stunning Interview Look, and Miss Congeniality.

On Monday, September 14 (at 11/10c), Andy Cohen will be joined by Ramona Singer and Tamra Judge to announce several of the winners — including the Lifetime Achievement Award — during a special episode of Watch What Happens Live devoted to the Real Housewives Awards. The remaining honorees and full list of winners will be revealed that night on BravoTV.com, as well as Bravo's Facebook and Twitter accounts.

“The Real Housewives Awards were an incredible hit among our fan base with nearly two million votes cast across all of Bravo’s digital and social platforms last year,” Lisa Hsia, EVP of Digital, Bravo and Oxygen Media, said. “We are excited to bring the Awards back again and engage our fans on an even deeper level with more content they love and crave.” So what are you waiting for? Get to voting!

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

IMO I believe Carole is/was in lust with Dick...I mean Adam and her feelings and enjoyment from him temporarily blocked any concerns LuAnn/or anyone else may have implied. A 50-year old woman and 30-year old guy living together almost immediately after they meet tells the story. She may not like to be hugged or kissed, but Adam seems to have melted her wick, lol.

282D07B400000578-3063015-image-a-56_1430

This is a sexy photo.  However, it would've been nice if the person who fuzzed out Carole's face did the same thing with Adam's face.  Because it really looks like it was intentional to ghost out Carole's face to make her look younger.   Although it could be that she's close to the camera?

This is at least a better photoshop job than the ones I see of some of my casual aquantainces on Facebook. They'll post a photo with their face all fuzzed out  and the person they are next to is in HD.  It's hilarious.

She looks great though.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2

This is a sexy photo. However, it would've been nice if the person who fuzzed out Carole's face did the same thing with Adam's face. Because it really looks like it was intentional to ghost out Carole's face to make her look younger. Although it could be that she's close to the camera?

This is at least a better photoshop job than the ones I see of some of my casual aquantainces on Facebook. They'll post a photo with their face all fuzzed out and the person they are next to is in HD. It's hilarious.

She looks great though.

I don't do facebook but have received more than a few fuzzy pics texted to me lol.

I think Carole and Adam look great together. Very sexy pic imo.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 11

Since I'm sooooooo tired of the LuAnn vs Carole re Adam nonsense and the Bravo HW's Award clips are boring,  I decided to play with Photoshop while they were on.   A while back someone mentioned that LuAnn's dress reminded them of the Jetsons.   Thank you for that suggestion.

luann%20joan%20jetson_zpsddpwbxvz.jpg

Spot on! LOL

Oh no!!   I think I did know about that but blocked it out of my memory LOL

We have all tried to erase that memory! LOL

• Love 3

This is a sexy photo.  However, it would've been nice if the person who fuzzed out Carole's face did the same thing with Adam's face.  Because it really looks like it was intentional to ghost out Carole's face to make her look younger.   Although it could be that she's close to the camera?

This is at least a better photoshop job than the ones I see of some of my casual aquantainces on Facebook. They'll post a photo with their face all fuzzed out  and the person they are next to is in HD.  It's hilarious.

She looks great though.

It's a Instagram photo from Carole's account. I believe it's that her face was close to the camera flash??

• Love 3

Gosh, I don't think there was any photoshopping going on.  It was the camera focusing which looked like it was on Adam's face which caused everything else to be blurry.

When Carole made the comment, "We're practically living together," I interpreted to mean that they had multiple dates in a row - like every night.  It happens sometimes when two people have a lot of chemistry with one another.  I didn't' take it that they moved in with one another.   

• Love 11

Gosh, I don't think there was any photoshopping going on.  It was the camera focusing which looked like it was on Adam's face which caused everything else to be blurry.

When Carole made the comment, "We're practically living together," I interpreted to mean that they had multiple dates in a row - like every night.  It happens sometimes when two people have a lot of chemistry with one another.  I didn't' take it that they moved in with one another.   

I don't think it was Photoshopped either.

And I agree with your interpretation.  I think they just really clicked.  It happens.

• Love 9
And Adam, the chef, is not to blame for hooking up with Nicole one day to moving in with Carole the next. According to LuAnn, Adam was still playing hide the sausage with Nicole at the time he met Carole. It was after he was with Carole that he finally cut the strings with Nicole.

Maybe it's time for Andy to have Adam and Nicole on WWHL to straighten out this mess and put it to bed (pun intended) once and for all.

• Love 2

Maybe it's time for Andy to have Adam and Nicole on WWHL to straighten out this mess and put it to bed (pun intended) once and for all.

Wait? Andy's still hosting WWHL? I thought Bethenny replaced him for that gig too.

• Love 13

For a three part Reunion the third part still held some interest but not many viewers-way below a million.  I don't think I have ever seen such low numbers for a RH episode-even lost footage.  http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/08/28/thursday-cable-ratings-teen-mom-ii-tops-night-little-league-world-series-thursday-night-smackdown-project-runway-more/454175/

It should be a wake up call to Andy and Bravo-too much Bethenny equals disaster in the ratings department.

• Love 8

For a three part Reunion the third part still held some interest but not many viewers-way below a million.  I don't think I have ever seen such low numbers for a RH episode-even lost footage.  http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/08/28/thursday-cable-ratings-teen-mom-ii-tops-night-little-league-world-series-thursday-night-smackdown-project-runway-more/454175/

It should be a wake up call to Andy and Bravo-too much Bethenny equals disaster in the ratings department.

Yikes! That is bad!

• Love 1

I'm just watching the reunion now and I'm so infuriated I want to punch my iPad. Ramona did not fall asleep, she just wasn't the centre of attention and like the child she is had to act out to bring the attention back on her. I've always enjoyed Ramona (although wouldn't like to know her in real life, she makes entertaining reality telly) but she is losing me this season and I'm beginning to find her insufferable.

She's so fucking rude. On the off chance she genuinely did doze off, Carole and Dorinda are talking about their husbands. Show some courtesy to two women who buried their husbands far sooner than they ever should and fucking listen. It's just polite and decent.

But then this is Ramona is who is neither of those things.

Anyone else I would give them the benefit a doubt while still saying they're rude and believe they truly did drop off. Ramona? No.

Edited by FaithsMum
  • Love 18

Most boring reunion ever to end the most boring season ever. I think bringing B back this season was ok, but the whole show was edited around her scenes and storyline, which was boring. Basically she is in the middle of a bad divorce that she can't talk about, so there's no story there folks. The Carole and Heather barge in and the Carole Adam vs Lu storylines dominated the season, which was boring. . For one show, ok, but a whole damn season? No. And Heather ended up making up with LuTHey tried to go after Sonja about drinking but she figured out what was happening and shut that shit down. I do think that Carole was hurt and angry at Lu about what happened and they have no relationship at all now, at least that's what Carole has intimated. 

So is Heather leaving for sure? What about the others? They desperately need some new characters, but not crazy (Aviva) or boring (Kristen). I think Dorinda  was a good addition, but she was totally overshadowed by the focus on Bethanny. Dorinda speaks her mind, especially when drunk. Maybe a couple more like her and tone down the focus on Beth. 

• Love 8

faith's mom,  while i agree ramona is, indeed, all you say she is,  i do believe she fell asleep!!!

she had 3 glasses of wine at lunch and was bored.  i know that 3 glasses of wine at lunch would put me under the table.

• Love 10

bravo ans the editing elves played us again.  luman never lounged at heather/carole.  she was getting up to hug it out.

i know i'm in the minority here, but i really enjoyed the reunion.  i had no problem with bethenny moderating the reunion.  in part one, she barely opened her mouth.  maybe part 2&3 was taped after lunch when everyone had drinks.

also, no one mentioned how dorinda acted the 'grind-a-thon' occurred.  after watching it, when kristen then scooted off,  dorinda walked up to john and said she was going home and shutting her own party down.  (that's paraphrasing what she said).  she seemed to be just as upset with john over the scene.

just hearing it being discussed in the berkshires sent her over the edge.  to save face, she had  to go after kristen.  s,j and kristen all had a 'hand' in it and there no 'innocents' here.  they all acted boarish.

• Love 2

Yikes indeed! Those are some very scary numbers. I assumed they didn't think they had much in the way of an exciting show, hence the move to Thursday night, but I didn't think it would be this bad. There is just no way they won't make big changes next year. From what I have always understood, the dangerous territory is when you dip below one million. To do that on a reunion show has got to be making a lot of folks sweat at Bravo. There was talk last year that Bravo was thinking of canceling the show - not because they wanted to (it is Andy's favorite in the franchise) but because they were having a hard time getting advertisers. That is the thing that people sometimes forget.  The decision to cancel or not cancel isn't entirely in Bravo's hands. They have to be able to get people to advertise on the show and if the numbers sink, advertisers will go away. I think that they brought Beth back largely in an attempt to make the advertisers feel better about the fact that the low ratings from last year would disappear upon her return, and clearly that has not happened. 

It's funny because overall I think they have such a great cast here. The best cast I've ever seen on any of these shows. They also have people that are interesting, but they didn't use that to their advantage at all this season. Instead they spent so much time focusing on Beth that they didn't have time to really develop storylines for most of the other girls. Too bad. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Real_Housewives_of_New_York_City_episodes

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 13

bravo ans the editing elves played us again.  luman never lounged at heather/carole.  she was getting up to hug it out.

Yes, they made us think they were keeping it in and they didn't, but the lunge did happen. Carole spoke of it on WWHL. A caller asked where their relationship stood, and she said it wasn't good, and that Lu had even lunged at her during the reunion, which Andy agreed was something to see. I guess they must be trying to mend things at this point. Right after the episode aired, someone asked Carole on Twitter about the lunge, and she said something like "they didn't show it; what the hell Bravo"? She took it down shortly after that. 

• Love 7

By reunion end it started to feel like a Keeping Up with the Kardashian's episode (pre the Jenner transition).  Big rough up over some trivial thing, hurt feelings and we are family after all and they all make up.

It felt very orchestrated by Bethenny up to and including the I am in the middle on this one lingo.  We essentially had Ramona with a few small (by Ramona standards) transgressions, Carole humping the help and the naked man-which Bethenny was exactly right about-nothing happened.

I did notice Ramona prattling on how the guy went downstairs and had breakfast, so I do question if the guy was able to enjoy breakfast at the manor what was with the Scarlett O'Hara performance by Heather?  She had said she had gone downstairs and the guy was there-why not ask him what was going on and who invited him over-I do believe Ramona said the chef made the naked man breakfast.  And where was Carole with her camera?

I do believe the others slept through it-I just don't think Heather's rant and rage was spontaneous -I think it was saved for the cameras and that was why Luann was mad and the apology from Heather.

• Love 5

faith's mom,  while i agree ramona is, indeed, all you say she is,  i do believe she fell asleep!!!

she had 3 glasses of wine at lunch and was bored.  i know that 3 glasses of wine at lunch would put me under the table.

Is anyone else slightly disturbed that they were keeping tallies, counting Ramona's drinks?   Maybe Dorinda was right about everyone keeping score.

Edited by AnitaKnight
  • Love 3

yes, they all keep track...........kristen knew that dorinda had 5 dirty martini's 

i think they were all drinking, especially ramona and dorinda.  i think dorinda had been drinking heavily  when she went off on kristen  in the berkshires.  she gets very defensive and goes into deflection mode.  

• Love 3

They put all their eggs in one basket with Beth and it failed miserably.  TPTB really don't understand the audience - this isn't the first time they got it wrong on a RH franchise but boy, I think this was the worse move ever. 

I still am wondering what Heather did to piss someone off so much that she got the edit she received this season.  There just seems that there is more to this than we're aware of.

• Love 9

You can further exacerbate ratings by having the third part of a reunion on a Thursday when the audience is expecting it on a Tuesday evening. Some BRAVO viewers may have expected the Tuesday placement and not watched the third part when scheduled. That may have caused a drop in Part 3 of the Reunion?

The edited removal of LuAnn lunging at Carole after Carole stated it happened on WWHL was pretty shady. Audiences watch for the culmination of season long drama at reunions. To exclude the lead up to the lunge, the lunge and aftermath of the lunge cheated viewers out of witnessing the rational for why LuAnn and Carole did not join in the kumbaya moment with each other at the end.

Maybe the Secrets Revealed episode of RHONY on September 3rd will include the lunge?

I hate to see Bravo drop RHONY from the line up, but short of cast changes I don't know what could help.

Edited to add:

"Heather then went after Bethenny. “Heather snapped at her for constantly interrupting everyone with her commentary,” the source further explained. Heather also told Bethenny she couldn’t listen to her talk anymore. “Bethenny said, ‘I’m tired of me, too,’ and admitted she’s annoying,” the source added."

Both the lunge and Heather admonishing Bethenny are in this online article from July 23rd:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/07/23/rhony-reunion-fight-luann-lunges-carole-taping/

Edited by talula
  • Love 10

talua, i also think airing the 3rd part on thursday hurt the ratings.  i only found out on here thursday that it was airing that night.

i'm really surprised bravo aired the reunion shows while andy is/was on vacation. 

• Love 6

Well I have a few ideas what would help-listen to viewers who say too much Beth, listen to viewers who say too many infomercials disguised as a storyline.  This show has devolved in a marketing networking show instead of a show about the women and their families. It worked the first  season when Bethenny was the only single woman, then it was Bethenny, Kelly and Sonja by Season 3.  I won't fault Luann and Ramona because they got dumped during their tenure.  I think it is time to look for some married ladies and preferably ones with children of an interesting age- pre teens, teens and young adults.  From Bethenny's blog it sounds as if they are relying on the RH to bring in recruits. 

As to Heather and the "bad edit" Heather has said she won't do anything to make her business look bad, so I think her screen time is limited by virtue of her self-imposed limitation.  Last. season was the season of running, jumping, repelling, canoeing and singing in public clubs.  This was the official season of overreacting-on the part of everyone.   It may be just me but I don't think corporate presidents need to drop "f bombs", it is not professional.  All in all I think Heather drew a lot of attention to her brand and managed to keep her reputation intact. 

• Love 6

They put all their eggs in one basket with Beth and it failed miserably.  TPTB really don't understand the audience - this isn't the first time they got it wrong on a RH franchise but boy, I think this was the worse move ever. 

I still am wondering what Heather did to piss someone off so much that she got the edit she received this season.  There just seems that there is more to this than we're aware of.

imo,  Heather wants to help too much.  She treats people the way she would want to be treated -not that there's anything wrong with that.  Her heart is definitely in the right place, but not everyone is like Heather, and some people would rather be left alone than showered with attention.  She couldn't stop encouraging Kristen, after Kristen told her to stop, during the repelling activity last season, and she didn't see that Bethenny just wanted to figure it out on her own at dinner in the Berkshires.  I just think she doesn't read people well, and the fact that it happened with Bethenny made it seem that much worse.

I hope Heather comes back next season.

• Love 6

You can further exacerbate ratings by having the third part of a reunion on a Thursday when the audience is expecting it on a Tuesday evening. Some BRAVO viewers may have expected the Tuesday placement and not watched the third part when scheduled. That may have caused a drop in Part 3 of the Reunion?

The edited removal of LuAnn lunging at Carole after Carole stated it happened on WWHL was pretty shady. Audiences watch for the culmination of season long drama at reunions. To exclude the lead up to the lunge, the lunge and aftermath of the lunge cheated viewers out of witnessing the rational for why LuAnn and Carole did not join in the kumbaya moment with each other at the end.

Maybe the Secrets Revealed episode of RHONY on September 3rd will include the lunge?

I hate to see Bravo drop RHONY from the line up, but short of cast changes I don't know what could help.

Edited to add:

"Heather then went after Bethenny. “Heather snapped at her for constantly interrupting everyone with her commentary,” the source further explained. Heather also told Bethenny she couldn’t listen to her talk anymore. “Bethenny said, ‘I’m tired of me, too,’ and admitted she’s annoying,” the source added."

Both the lunge and Heather admonishing Bethenny are in this online article from July 23rd:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/07/23/rhony-reunion-fight-luann-lunges-carole-taping/

Gosh, I  hope Heather did say something to Beth about talking so much! 

• Love 3

Gosh, I hope Heather did say something to Beth about talking so much!

Now this may be interesting. There's a BRAVO photo (below) of the reunion film/stage crew putting a pillow over Bethenny's face. I wouldn't be surprised if it was after Heather said something to her. Kristen and Heather are laughing. Bethenny was overly excited during the reunion. Her fanatic will to make the reunion better combined with her confessed know-it-all syndrome overwhelmed her, lol. She tried too hard to make up for Andy's marshmallow hosting and it backfired, making her the reunion heavy. IMO she's still shell shocked from her failed daytime talk show.

real-housewives-of-new-york-season-7-reu

Bethenny seems to have gotten something very positive out of filming the show which LuAnn alluded to at the end...she's finally growing up. Unfortunately, her over exuberant participation alienated some of the audience. I hope she gets another chance next season to follow a less rambunctious storyline and that there's a more capable reunion host.

Edited by talula
  • Love 5

During the hug it out, did Luann and Carole hug it out? I was trying to check that out, but couldn't quite tell. I vote no!

Then you would be correct! No hugging between Carole and LuAnn.

• Love 1

Kristen. When she was trying to take Luann down, it was difficult to take her seriously. That hair. When I was little I would put my mom's full slip on my head, kind of like a headband so the slip would hang down my back and pretend I had long hair. (Anybody but me and Whoopi Goldberg do that? ) Anyway, I'd shake my 'hair' and flip it all over the place for full effect. That's what Kristen reminded me of as she was scolding Lu. Like she was playing dress up with a bad wig, which may as well been a slip. If she was hoping to be taken seriously, finally, by piping up at the reunion, wrong look for this occasion.

Although Beth did look a little casual, she looked comfortable for how ever many hours it took to film and she looked like she was there to address the business at hand.

I also liked that when she stood up, her blouse had that flowy detail on the side that made it look a little bit dressier.

I used to do the same thing! That's so funny.

• Love 3

Is anyone else slightly disturbed that they were keeping tallies, counting Ramona's drinks?   Maybe Dorinda was right about everyone keeping score.

Well, it was LuAnn that did the counting at the reunion and then did the hand sign/signal of Ramona drinking and said it was 3 glasses of wine. LOL

During the hug it out, did Luann and Carole hug it out? I was trying to check that out, but couldn't quite tell. I vote no!

When LuAnn and Heather were hugging, she turned to Carole and said "I'm not sure if I'm ready to hug you Radzi" and Carole said to LuAnn "Good, Please don't touch me" (or something akin to that). There is still bad blood between them and I don't see it going away for a while, ALTHOUGH........Bethenny wrote in her blog that it will be her job to help mend fences between the other women NEXT season! LOL As we all know, Bethenny is the great peace maker in the franchise! LOL

• Love 7

ALTHOUGH........Bethenny wrote in her blog that it will be her job to help mend fences between the other women NEXT season! LOL As we all know, Bethenny is the great peace maker in the franchise! LOL

Take note Andy via the poor intern who is reading this and reporting back to you that Bethenny thinks it is her show, and not only is she calling the shots she's open and up front that she's now writing the RHONY scripts. It's her "job" . Her words.

• Love 9