Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Reunion (Part III)

• Start Topic

You can further exacerbate ratings by having the third part of a reunion on a Thursday when the audience is expecting it on a Tuesday evening. Some BRAVO viewers may have expected the Tuesday placement and not watched the third part when scheduled. That may have caused a drop in Part 3 of the Reunion?

The edited removal of LuAnn lunging at Carole after Carole stated it happened on WWHL was pretty shady. Audiences watch for the culmination of season long drama at reunions. To exclude the lead up to the lunge, the lunge and aftermath of the lunge cheated viewers out of witnessing the rational for why LuAnn and Carole did not join in the kumbaya moment with each other at the end.

Maybe the Secrets Revealed episode of RHONY on September 3rd will include the lunge?

I hate to see Bravo drop RHONY from the line up, but short of cast changes I don't know what could help.

Edited to add:"Heather then went after Bethenny. “Heather snapped at her for constantly interrupting everyone with her commentary,” the source further explained. Heather also told Bethenny she couldn’t listen to her talk anymore. “Bethenny said, ‘I’m tired of me, too,’ and admitted she’s annoying,” the source added."

Both the lunge and Heather admonishing Bethenny are in this online article from July 23rd:http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/07/23/rhony-reunion-fight-luann-lunges-carole-taping/

I am glad somebody finally tried to put bethenny in her place.

• Love 10

Well, it was LuAnn that did the counting at the reunion and then did the hand sign/signal of Ramona drinking and said it was 3 glasses of wine. LOL

When LuAnn and Heather were hugging, she turned to Carole and said "I'm not sure if I'm ready to hug you Radzi" and Carole said to LuAnn "Good, Please don't touch me" (or something akin to that). There is still bad blood between them and I don't see it going away for a while, ALTHOUGH........Bethenny wrote in her blog that it will be her job to help mend fences between the other women NEXT season! LOL As we all know, Bethenny is the great peace maker in the franchise! LOL

Bethenny's blog is further proof this franchise is morphing into the next Bethenny show.  I could have done without about 3/4s of Bethenny shake ups-for which there was ZERO accountability.  From STFU, to I don't want to hang out with you, to her running around calling someone manic, or making a bit out of "hot guys" or "smash and grab" stolen dresses-when the dress was in fact delivered to Ramona, or cock blocking-the show did just fine for a very long time without Bethenny bring in her old tired bits from her spin off. In real life if someone like Bethenny was so "opinionated" and gross as to walk and dance on table tops-there would be no invitations.

• Love 11

imo,  Heather wants to help too much.  She treats people the way she would want to be treated -not that there's anything wrong with that.  Her heart is definitely in the right place, but not everyone is like Heather, and some people would rather be left alone than showered with attention.  She couldn't stop encouraging Kristen, after Kristen told her to stop, during the repelling activity last season, and she didn't see that Bethenny just wanted to figure it out on her own at dinner in the Berkshires.  I just think she doesn't read people well, and the fact that it happened with Bethenny made it seem that much worse.

I hope Heather comes back next season.

For me, Heather is just too self-righteous.  She apparently lives in a world where she dominates all around her: husband, children job, etc.,   Nobody challenges Heather, when they do, she tries to placate or she runs and hides.  That's why she's leaving the show, too many people challenging her.  To me, she's not only narcissistic, but passive-agressive. 

Edited by solomonhancock
  • Love 5

For a three part Reunion the third part still held some interest but not many viewers-way below a million.  I don't think I have ever seen such low numbers for a RH episode-even lost footage.  http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/08/28/thursday-cable-ratings-teen-mom-ii-tops-night-little-league-world-series-thursday-night-smackdown-project-runway-more/454175/

It should be a wake up call to Andy and Bravo-too much Bethenny equals disaster in the ratings department.

The ratings are bad for the third part, but I wonder if it's because people assumed it would air next Tuesday.  I watch every week, but I don't have it set up on DVR and didn't know it aired on Thursday until reading about it here.  I had to catch a repeat.

• Love 10

That's what I believe. I didn't realize that Part III was scheduled for Thursday. It wasn't until yesterday morning that I learned of it. I can't imagine how TPTB thought it was a smart decision to switch the air date and time.

• Love 7

Bethenny's blog is further proof this franchise is morphing into the next Bethenny show.  I could have done without about 3/4s of Bethenny shake ups-for which there was ZERO accountability.  From STFU, to I don't want to hang out with you, to her running around calling someone manic, or making a bit out of "hot guys" or "smash and grab" stolen dresses-when the dress was in fact delivered to Ramona, or cock blocking-the show did just fine for a very long time without Bethenny bring in her old tired bits from her spin off. In real life if someone like Bethenny was so "opinionated" and gross as to walk and dance on table tops-there would be no invitations.

I agree, Bravo made her return the big storyline for the show and it failed big time IMO. Having her back may be a good thing if she is regulated to an equal status with the other women, is more open about her life and they need to cut back on the SG infomercial that latterly ran all season long. I don't mind seeing snippets of the HW products but not in 90% of the episodes, enough already. 1 episode for each HW to hawk their products, 10 minutes total time on their episode and then no more. AND no more Bethenny controlling the reunions and she gets the tough questions like the rest of them do. JMO of course. LOL

That's what I believe. I didn't realize that Part III was scheduled for Thursday. It wasn't until yesterday morning that I learned of it. I can't imagine how TPTB thought it was a smart decision to switch the air date and time.

I do suspect that airing it on Thursday explains part of the reason the ratings are down but the shows ratings overall haven't been all that good all season long. If they are going to keep a large cast, they need to make sure that all of them are as equal as possible with camera time and TH segments and they need to stop trying to force this into the "Bethenny Ever After show", she is but 1 HW, not the whole show. LOL

• Love 12

What I feel bad about, IMO only, is that Heather was put up head to head against Bethenny unfairly by Bravo. She never stood a chance against Andy's pet, Bethenny. It appears two know-it-alls is over the top and therefore Heather was odd HW out. The show was stacked against her from the beginning. Bad edits, innocuous fights with Bethenny setting the stage with the other HWs that Heather was the target. Then there was nasty fights with Dorinda and LuAnn. It was impossible for her to gain any traction. The powers that be wanted her to quit, it's a lot less messy than firing her.

Bethenny didn't get angry with Carole for gossiping to Kristen about Bethenny calling her dumb! The sex dream Carole had about Bethenny came in handy when Carole confessed. Then on hiatus the two of them went off on vacation sharing the same bed. Was this to appease Carole about losing Heather? I know Heather is supposedly quitting with reasons of her own...I just don't buy it.

I'm happy LuAnn listened to Sonja during Part 3 of the Reunion and went over to hug Heather. It seemed to be a relief for her to have a restored relationship with LuAnn.

Edited by talula
  • Love 7

Just two quick comments:

One, there is a thing over at Bravo titled Five things the reunion didn't show or something like that. It had two interesting things in the five, b and Heather got into it, and also when the girls broke for lunch b told them all she needed a break from them and went elsewhere to be by herself.

Two, I thought during the hug it out scene at the reunion that yes, Luann and Heather were hugging it out. But I thought the other conversation going on that you all are talking about was between Carole and b. I thought b made a comment about hugging Carole [because of course b can't let anyone else get attention] and Carole said I'm not a hugger. Is this a separate conversation than y'all are talking about?

Two conversations is correct. One that is between LuAnn & Carole and another between Bethenny and Carole. LuAnn and Carole were not ready to hug anything out...the verbatim dialogue is up thread and the one you mention where Bethenny hugs Carole even though Carole protests she's not a hugger. You may be correct about Bethenny's motivation for squeezing Carole...attention. I'll go further, to take attention away from Heather. Edited by talula
  • Love 6

Heather isn't my favorite but I'll be irritated if they're pushing her out to make room for Bethenny.  I would have liked to see their fight because it was surprising to me in the reunions that Heather didn't take B on.  Hearing now that she did makes sense.  Heather doesn't back down from anyone and I don't think B likes it.  

• Love 12

And just one more thing to agree with others who say b could do or say what she wanted and the others had to be blocked by a wall: Can you imagine if Ramona had said during any argument something to the effect of Call your business Anorexic Girl b! Because I thought it was an "I am the pet" move by b when she twice called Ramona's businesses by two ridiculous names when she was mad. And I don't think they were off the cuff remarks. I know in my sensible rational thinking side, b is always practicing her onliners. There is no spontaneous banter with her. It is all planned in her head before hand. It might take a day or weeks or months or years but she is going to use those onliners she practices.

eta thanks talula!

Absolutely stewedsquash...well rehearsed one liners...like this:

200_s.gif

• Love 6

Heather isn't my favorite but I'll be irritated if they're pushing her out to make room for Bethenny.  I would have liked to see their fight because it was surprising to me in the reunions that Heather didn't take B on.  Hearing now that she did makes sense.  Heather doesn't back down from anyone and I don't think B likes it.

I like Bethenny, but to me she seemed like she was acting rather then being herself. I'd prefer seeing her in a scripted series where she's an ensemble cast member. Heather Dubrow from RHOC is a actress, but she knows how to clearly delineate between reality and acting.

• Love 4

For me, Heather is just too self-righteous.  She apparently lives in a world where she dominates all around her: husband, children job, etc.,   Nobody challenges Heather, when they do, she tries to placate or she runs and hides.  That's why she's leaving the show, too many people challenging her.  To me, she's not only narcissistic, but passive-agressive.

Yeah, I have to agree with you.  I think that's what Dorinda's issue with Heather is all about.  They were fine together in the Berkshires before filming started, imo, because it was a relaxed, weekend off, or vacation kind of vibe, but put Heather in the city or in a group of spoiled brats or other alphas and she's a completely different person (which she claimed Dorinda was). I understand why Dorinda called her preachy.  Heather does have a way of inflicting her opinion upon everyone else, and if you feel otherwise, she reacts in a condescending manner, like your crazy, or you don't know what you're talking about.

I still think she kind of balances out the group, -except when she's trying to get a word in edgewise with Bethenny -her Chatty Cathy/Know-It-All equal (evil twin?)

I also think Dorinda doesn't express herself well; That's why no one ever knows WTF she's talking about.  The martinis don't help.  I think new HW's should get a 2nd season, now that they know what they're dealing with -EXCEPT for Meghan in OC.

• Love 6

I also think Dorinda doesn't express herself well; That's why no one ever knows WTF she's talking about.  The martinis don't help.  I think new HW's should get a 2nd season, now that they know what they're dealing with -EXCEPT for Meghan in OC.

I want to see Dorinda come back next season because I hope she's the one getting the bad edit.  She's mean - even when she's not drinking but when she is, she's bat shit crazy.  At the FU dinner, she partnered with LuAnn to "preach" - which is something Dorinda accuses Heather of doing. I think LuAnn and Dorinda are buddies now and since Dorinda is also friends with Jill Zarin, that tells me that she's probably as much of a snake as they are.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 14

For a three part Reunion the third part still held some interest but not many viewers-way below a million.  I don't think I have ever seen such low numbers for a RH episode-even lost footage.  http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/08/28/thursday-cable-ratings-teen-mom-ii-tops-night-little-league-world-series-thursday-night-smackdown-project-runway-more/454175/

It should be a wake up call to Andy and Bravo-too much Bethenny equals disaster in the ratings department.

IMO, Ramona, Luann, and Sonja are played out on this show.  Ratings will never go up if those three remain on the show.  I'm beyond bored with them, and have moved on to active loathing, and the ratings might be reflecting others who feel that way as well.

Dorinda has also overstayed her welcome as well, despite this only being her first season.  Adding Bethenny and Dornda obviously did nothing for the ratings. 

I think they need to take out the three old-timers who have nothing new to show us except ever-increasing levels of self-centeredness which isn't even fun.

• Love 13

anna, where did you hear dorinda was/is friends with jill?  dorinda is friends with ramona so i'm surprised that she would be friends jill.  luann and dorinda have been friends for sometime

Someone posted it here on the forum but I don't remember who it was or which thread it was in.

Hopefully, someone will know and post it again.

Thought posting to add the link for the Bravo stuff missed at reunion segment would be a good idea. Just so I don't derail the thread if I got it wrong in my post above.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/5-moments-that-didnt-make-it-into-the-rhony

There were two whole huge scenes that should have been cut period-one was the one with Ramona calling Bethenny a cheater. If Bethenny were so concerned about her image in the press she would have never brought that up on camera. The second was the ridiculous tale (and talk about nodding off) of the stolen dress (es). The dress(es) didn't belong to Bethenny and I find Ramona's story more plausible she was offered a replacement dress and I think Ramona picked one that (a) fit and (b) Bethenny had not worn on the air.  Something tells me when the crew got blasted for giving away the dress and  Bethenny decided to make into a storyline.  In any event it didn't belong in the season or at the Reunion.

I think it was probably Bethenny finding her way to Andy over lunch to decide what was coming up next so she could continue to insert herself at every turn.

I also want to add when Carole was saying the guy at the house had a wedding ring on (how she would know, I don't know, since she never saw him) Bethenny did plenty of dating before she was divorced (she still isn't) and it was in the news weekly that Jason was wearing his wedding band.  So I don't know if a wedding band is necessarily the best factor to use in determining the status of a marriage.

• Love 10

I want to see Dorinda come back next season because I hope she's the one getting the bad edit.  She's mean - even when she's not drinking but when she is, she's bat shit crazy.  At the FU dinner, she partnered with LuAnn to "preach" - which is something Dorinda accuses Heather of doing. I think LuAnn and Dorinda are buddies now and since Dorinda is also friends with Jill Zarin, that tells me that she's probably as much of a snake as they are.

I do think Dorinda and Carole became friends so I doubt she will get the ax but she may like Heather decide not to return. Luann was friends with Dorinda before her second husband died.  Perhaps since last season Carole, Luann and Heather were angry with Ramona they decided Ramona needed a friend and played up Dorinda as more of a Ramona friend than Luann friend.   Jill Zarin is pictures with a lot of Bravo people so I don't think posing with Jill is a determining factor in friendship or snakehood.

To me what Dorinda added was more of the no nonsense, not very astute in the pecking order of the RH.  I would say she is probably more aware outside the RH world.  In Dorinda's downtime she seems to be involved in fundraising for charities for Broadway and other bigger and better things.  Sometimes one has to put on a good face for a benefactor and Jill seems to like sucking up.   I don't think Dorinda was in awe of Bethenny and I don't think Bethenny knew what to do with her other than make fun of her.  Could be for the exact reason you are saying that Dorinda is friendly with Jill Zarin.

• Love 3

I think Carole was probably told that by Kris or Alister.  The difference is that Lu made so many statements regarding this including acting surprised when Kris said he was married and then another time Lu says he was getting divorced.  She was all over the place on this guy.  They went from making out to flirting.    Bottom line, the guy was apparently wearing a wedding ring.  She invited him to the house and at the very least made out with him.  Own it and stop playing games including 'girl code'.

• Love 5

I do think Dorinda and Carole became friends so I doubt she will get the ax but she may like Heather decide not to return. Luann was friends with Dorinda before her second husband died.  Perhaps since last season Carole, Luann and Heather were angry with Ramona they decided Ramona needed a friend and played up Dorinda as more of a Ramona friend than Luann friend.   Jill Zarin is pictures with a lot of Bravo people so I don't think posing with Jill is a determining factor in friendship or snakehood.

To me what Dorinda added was more of the no nonsense, not very astute in the pecking order of the RH.  I would say she is probably more aware outside the RH world.  In Dorinda's downtime she seems to be involved in fundraising for charities for Broadway and other bigger and better things.  Sometimes one has to put on a good face for a benefactor and Jill seems to like sucking up.   I don't think Dorinda was in awe of Bethenny and I don't think Bethenny knew what to do with her other than make fun of her.  Could be for the exact reason you are saying that Dorinda is friendly with Jill Zarin.

You're right about LuAnn and Dorinda.  I forgot LuAnn made a comment about how much Richard adored Dorinda during the reunion.  A few people posted that Dorinda wasn't really friends with Ramona before the show but that they saw each other socially.   I think that's true since Ramona had never been to her Berkshire house and Dorinda spends a lot of time there.

I haven't seen any pictures of Jill and Dorinda together and got my information right here on the forum.  Bethenny had a very positive reaction to Dorinda and liked her when they first met.   I don't remember them having any issues during the season but absolutely loved when Bethenny called her out on her BS at the Reunion.  I'm not sure why Dorinda thinks she can rewrite history by spinning it in a TH or at the Reunion.  I'm guessing that because she's the newbie, she wasn't expecting Bravo to be showing the video clips.  She denied drinking before the FU dinner but on WWHL, she said they had been drinking since 10 in the morning.  I thought she back-slipped a little about her drinking when Andy asked her about her first season and she said it was "like rehab" but not rehab for her drinking. 

ETA:   Because my iPad and I don't speak the same language

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

IMO, Ramona, Luann, and Sonja are played out on this show.  Ratings will never go up if those three remain on the show.  I'm beyond bored with them, and have moved on to active loathing, and the ratings might be reflecting others who feel that way as well.

Dorinda has also overstayed her welcome as well, despite this only being her first season.  Adding Bethenny and Dornda obviously did nothing for the ratings. 

I think they need to take out the three old-timers who have nothing new to show us except ever-increasing levels of self-centeredness which isn't even fun.

I like the way you think.

Off with their heads!

Each and every one!

• Love 3

You're right about LuAnn and Dorinda.  I forgot LuAnn made a comment about how much Richard adored Dorinda during the reunion.  A few people posted that Dorinda wasn't really friends with Ramona before the show but that they saw each other socially.   I think that's true since Ramona had never been to her Berkshire house and Dorinda spends a lot of time there.

I haven't seen any pictures of Jill and Dorinda together and got my information right here on the forum.  Bethenny had a very positive reaction to Dorinda and liked her when they first met.   I don't remember them having any issues during the season but absolutely loved when Bethenny called her out on her BS at the Reunion.  I'm not sure why Dorinda thinks she can rewrite history by spinning it in a TH or at the Reunion.  I'm guessing that because she's the newbie, she wasn't expecting Bravo to be showing the video clips.  She denied drinking before the FU dinner but on WWHL, she said they had been drinking since 10 in the morning.  I thought she back-slipped a little about her drinking when Andy asked her about her first season and she said it was "like rehab" but not rehab for her drinking. 

ETA:   Because my iPad and I don't speak the same language

IMO, just mine, Dorinda was coached by LuAnn, deny, deny, deny and then deny it 1 more time and/or blame someone else. That has been a mainstay MO for LuAnn since she joined and it seems to have rubbed off on Dorinda ever since they got back from T&C when the 2 of them put their little closed minds together and decided that Heather/Carole were the enemies and she has not let up on it no matter what. LOL

• Love 6

IMO, just mine, Dorinda was coached by LuAnn, deny, deny, deny and then deny it 1 more time and/or blame someone else. That has been a mainstay MO for LuAnn since she joined and it seems to have rubbed off on Dorinda ever since they got back from T&C when the 2 of them put their little closed minds together and decided that Heather/Carole were the enemies and she has not let up on it no matter what. LOL

I believe it, especially now that I realize LuAnn and Dorinda have been friends for years.

LuAnn did a better job of it but it's too bad for them that they couldn't pull it off and it backfired.  I don't think there's anyone who watched the Reunion (and was actually paying attention) who didn't catch LuAnn's flip-flopping and Dorinda's outright BS.  I'd love to know what LuAnn really thinks about Dorinda bonding with Carole though.

• Love 7

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/12/real-housewives-new-york-city-ramona-singer-dorinda-medley-fight/

"And it doesn’t help that Medley is also friends with Singer’s former enemy Jill Zarin and “was filmed with Zarin at her fashion show,” the friend says."

image.JPG

Carole could have been there as LuAnn's "plus one?" We really do not know if Dorinda & Jill Zarin are friends or just met that day.

Another article:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2292413/ramona-singer-jill-zarin-and-melissa-gorga-attend-dorinda-medleys-boyfriends-birthday-party/

"As reported by BravoTV.com, Dorinda Medley’s boyfriend, John Mahdessian, threw a lavish 50th birthday party at his loft on the Upper East Side that night. People who came to celebrate the birthday included Dorinda’s Real Housewives of New York City co-star Ramona Singer and former housewife Jill Zarin. Joe and Melissa Gorga, from The Real Housewives of New Jersey also attended, as did Secrets and Wives stars Liza Sandler and Susan Doneson and The Singles Project‘s Tabasum Mir.

Photos posted on BravoTV.com show that Jill Zarin wore a chic black dress to the event. While Jill is no longer on the show, she and Dorinda Medley socialize together. As the Inquisitr reported, Dorinda, along with Ramona Singer, attended Jill’s third annual Luxury Ladies Luncheon at her Hamptons home two weekends ago."

This is John's B-Day party held at his loft on the Upper East Side. This makes it possible that they may be more than acquaintances?

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

More on the Dorinda & Jill whatever:

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/04/09/dorinda-medley-talks-wild-ride-real-housewives-new-york-drama-didnt/

"Dorinda’s husband, noted hedge fund manager Richard H. Medley passed away in 2011. Dorinda reveals she was approached by Ramona Singer to participate in RHONY previously, but turned it down because she “wasn’t ready.” In fact, she was always considered by Bravo – even way back in season one – because in addition to a friendship with Ramona, she also knows Jill Zarin and LuAnn de Lesseps!

Because of their close affiliation for many years, Dorinda says she naturally got along the best with Ramona and LuAnn and denies reports of any feuding between herself and Pinot Singer whom she describes as a “great friend” for nearly 20-years.

Describing joining RHONY as “a very easy transition,” Dorinda explains, “I’ve known the lifestyle for years. I figured, at this point of my life, I had nothing to lose and it would be fun to throw my hat in the ring, and just have fun.” Dorinda also knows Heather Thomson from the Berkshires where Dorinda also owns a home."

0146b8708166f675e7573b8135e552f4_view.jp

"Ran into old friend Dorinda tonight at Denise rich event for #gabriellefoundation #angelball . Too bad we never got to be on at same time. " --Jill Zarin

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

I still remember Dorinda saying she had met Heather's mother and she was a lovely person. So Ms. Frankel can sit and twirl on that one. It wasn;t the only comment made about mothers that night but Dorinda did say it.  I do believe Dorinda, Sonja should receive the same courtesy as the others regarding their confessionals.  Bethenny I felt held Dorinda to a very tight standard about each and every word. I don't think Dorinda was as outgoing either the first night or the Conch block night as some of the other women.  Bethenny is absolutely the worst for making stuff up about people for a joke-she admitted that her comment about Luann hooking up with someone the first night had no basis in reality.  I am not certain where Bethenny stands with Dorinda but I don't think Bethenny will break Dorinda like she does Ramona or ignore her like she does Kristen.

• Love 4

Yeah, I have to agree with you.  I think that's what Dorinda's issue with Heather is all about.  They were fine together in the Berkshires before filming started, imo, because it was a relaxed, weekend off, or vacation kind of vibe, but put Heather in the city or in a group of spoiled brats or other alphas and she's a completely different person (which she claimed Dorinda was). I understand why Dorinda called her preachy.  Heather does have a way of inflicting her opinion upon everyone else, and if you feel otherwise, she reacts in a condescending manner, like your crazy, or you don't know what you're talking about.

I still think she [Heather] kind of balances out the group, -except when she's trying to get a word in edgewise with Bethenny -her Chatty Cathy/Know-It-All equal (evil twin?)

I did enjoy Heather when Aviva was her target but this season, not so much.  Not because Heather is different but her target switched. 

Well, speaking as someone who hasn't missed a single episode of all seven seasons, if Sonja, Ramona, and/or Luann leave so do I.  I find these three highly entertaining and consider them (along with Bethenny) "anchors"  of the show. 

This is John's B-Day party held at his loft on the Upper East Side. This makes it possible that they [Jill Zarin and Dorinda] may be more than acquaintances?

It's possible but the Gorgas were invited too and I highly doubt that they are in Dorinda's social circle and they certainly aren't in Jills, lol.   No,  I am picturing Jill contacting/tweeting Dorinda the minute she heard Dorinda was joining the show and "making friends".  I think I remember her doing the same thing to Aviva.  For some reason, Jill Zarin has never gotten over being a RHONY. 

• Love 9

I for one will not be surprised if she comes back next season. I think they have realized it will take more than Bethenny's return and the occasional Kelly cameo.  Maybe their trip next year will be to Australia to see Simon and Alex.

• Love 8

I for one will not be surprised if she comes back next season. I think they have realized it will take more than Bethenny's return and the occasional Kelly cameo.  Maybe their trip next year will be to Australia to see Simon and Alex.

I would be very surprised if Jill came back.  I think she burned that bridge when she taped her interview with Andy.

Having the women make the trip down under could be fun.  I'd love to see Ramona camping in the outback.   LOL

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

I do think Dorinda and Carole became friends so I doubt she will get the ax but she may like Heather decide not to return. 

I think Carole needs the income too much to quit.  And it's possible, if Adam is as..."ambitious"...as I think he is, they will have a book to promote next season. So why not stick around to shill your merch on RH?

Also, I just noticed: but how precious is this?  Andy's tie and Beth's shoes matched at the reunion.  Do you think they called each other and planned it that way?  And because it can't be said enough, Kristen looks terrible.

real-housewives-of-new-york-season-7-reu

• Love 5

There is not one good component of Kristen's get up.  Too bad she is quite attractive when she gets dressed all by herself.  She and heather need to retire -I am wearing a robe to work today look.

• Love 6

Kristen and Heather should have swapped shoes.  Kristen's are too heavy for her dress.  But on Heather, that heavy black strap would be a complement, imo, to the black sport-type bra she had on under her bathrobe. 

It breaks my heart to see Kristin looking like a red hot mess.  Seated, that dress makes her hips look big and her boobs like they're practically resting in her lap.  Those shoes and the stupid straps do her legs no justice.  Hate to say it, but she makes the Countess look fly by comparison.  Only Bethenny looks truly comfortable.  Nothing is hanging out, she can move freely without exposing her lady bits.  A little bit too casual but a good look overall for hanging out on a sofa for 12 hours.

• Love 13

I agree about Kristen's look. Everything was wrong, the hair, the dress and the shoes. Kristen and Heather both did exactly what zoeysmom said. It was their Wear Your Robe to Work Day.

I have my 12 year old 22 pound cat on my lap so I can't fetch and post the picture of Dorinda's shoes right now but they were just awful. Way too big and clunky for her.

ETA:  Got it!

dorinda%20shoes_zpsqfm6v5ib.jpg

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

I kind of dig the straps but the shoe is awfully heavy looking.  And she's got every color of the metal rainbow covered.  Wasn't her dress silver? 

When I do my first housewife reunion, I've decided I'm wearing a pant suit.  And because Kristen looked so hideous, I feel it's my duty to attach a picture of her looking good.  I'd powder her t-zone because as Ramona says, you can't let your friends go around shiny.  But otherwise, I think she looks great here.  I'm not sure how the halter top would drape while seated on the reunion couch but she looks so modern and comfortable here.  Complete 180 from her entire look last week. Roots might need touching up and maybe a tad safe, but I like it.  Who made the rule that says you have to wear a ballgown to the reunions?

468866146-kristen-taekman-attends-the-re

• Love 7

It is amazing how sometimes the posts I compose in my head wind up here under someone else's screen name. Ha, I have been mulling over the dressgate [that's for you maharincess, couldn't resist] and it seems like a case of Ramona is correct but is getting bamboozled by b's embellishments on the story. I agree with the above post and think the dress got something spilled on it, someone offered her another one to wear on the show, someone after the show was being gracious and offered her the dress as a courtesy, b found out about it and, I believe this with my rational side, she was enraged(!) (think SHUT, THE FUCK, UP type enraged that we have seen) that Ramona benefited, either just the benefit itself or combined with the fact that b wasn't involved to take credit, so the someone fibbed and said Ramona just took it or b just decided to portray it that way (yes I think she did), then the someone got in touch to have Ramona return the dress and while all this was being sorted out Ramona was still taking advantage of having the dress, she said it was in the car (I got that from her episode blog), not fell off the car as b embellished (again, the one liners that b makes up to make it a bigger thing), there was a bunch of here, no there, no not convenient, oops we missed each other, just keep the dresses. So Ramona kept the dress. Then the show, the show, the show, how to get this into the show. By then it was a tall tale on b's side spun into theif! Make it right, give to Dress for Success!, and Ramona got herself all tripped up in the details b was throwing at her on her side.

So, that is my take: It was given to Ramona. b got her panties in a wad over it. It took on a life of its own because of that wad. It should have been kept off the show.

I don't for one second believe b is all that big on Dress for Success, that she kept trying to shame Ramona about regarding the dresses.

I don't for one second believe Ramona has sticky fingers and just took the dress.

But isn't that Ramona in the picture above, third from the left?

Absolutely...Ramona has been inviting Jill to events and Jill has been inviting Ramona. There's pictures of these two all over the place. Aviva is on the end with someone's arm in her face. It seems Jill has kept in touch with past and current HW. Edited by talula
  • Love 2

^^^^^^Ok, I thought so but I was getting lost in the back and forth about Ramona not liking Dorinda because of the Jill connection. Or whatever was being talked about. Ha.

In April they were fighting, by July they made up. Here's a online link:

Jill Zarin flanked by 'Real Housewives' past and present at swanky Southampton luncheon

http://www.amny.com/entertainment/gossip/jill-zarin-s-southampton-luncheon-real-housewives-bond-for-charity-1.10660235

• Love 1

I kind of dig the straps but the shoe is awfully heavy looking. And she's got every color of the metal rainbow covered. Wasn't her dress silver?

Yes. Dorinda's dress was silver which makes her choice of shoes even worse.

I agree with you about that pantsuit on Kristen. She looks great.

Wearing evening clothes for the reunions always bothered me. I just don't get it.

I have no problem believing Ramona took a dress from Bethenny's show. Bethenny said one of the PA's told her she put it in her bag and Ramona didn't deny it. She just did her infamous Ramona shrug. When they were in TC she tried to take Carole's shoes. Remember those clear acrylic mules? When Carole told her they only cost $30, Ramona answered with "You can get another pair."

ETA: because my iPad doesn't always speak English

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8

Anyone else tired of the "Our husbands didn't sign up for this." excuse? I believe it came from Heather in regards to Josh Takeman and Jonathan YummyTummy. Pretty sure they had to sign a release to appear on camera! And if you used them as part of your story line (Kristen) in which you decide to show your couple's therapy- that excuse goes out the window! I apologize if this was last year's reunion, I thought it was S7 Part 3 when Andy asked if anyone excused Ramona's behavior is S6, knowing what she was going through at the time, and Heather brought up Ramona's comments about Jonathan and how she would never forgive her (Ramona). I apologize if this is the wrong spot for this. I just watched them back to back so I'm probably confused.

• Love 3

I agree about Kristen's look. Everything was wrong, the hair, the dress and the shoes. Kristen and Heather both did exactly what zoeysmom said. It was their Wear Your Robe to Work Day.

I have my 12 year old 22 pound cat on my lap so I can't fetch and post the picture of Dorinda's shoes right now but they were just awful. Way too big and clunky for her.

I actually don't mind the shoes. They're not great shoes or anything, and I don't like them for Dorinda. However, I think that Kristen could rock them with a simple high necked 3/4 sleeved black dress.

• Love 1

I have a distinct intolerance for Dorinda with her petulant, spoiled, rude, sometimes dubious mental health, sloppy, downright MEAN, blatant and continuous LYING...ways.

So, obviously, I don't understand the appeal. I fervently hope that she is not present next season. (I am teetering on the brink of bringing down the curtain on all of these performances as is--they have become too UNreal. I preferred the ORIGINAL format of the Housewives.)

Sumptuous pantsuits, divine denim jeans and EITHER paired with gorgeous tops and accoutrements would be appreciated by me.

I'm bloody tired of the present Reunion sartorial style.

• Love 15

Absolutely...Ramona has been inviting Jill to events and Jill has been inviting Ramona. There's pictures of these two all over the place. Aviva is on the end with someone's arm in her face. It seems Jill has kept in touch with past and current HW.

LOL I was wondering who that was, you can't see her trademark crossed leg pose. 

That may be the best pic ever taken of Aviva

• Love 12

I have to go with butt ugly in the shoe department for Dorinda.  Heather had great shoes but as others have said a little too dainty for the bathrobe made from retired theatre curtains. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7