Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Reunion (Part III)

• Start Topic

I was starting to feel alone in this, so thank you. I couldn't care less about that guy. Maybe if Beth's storyline all season had been a "let's find Bethenny dates every episode!" it would have bothered me, but it wasn't. For me, this guy really doesn't matter. 

I actually really enjoyed this episode.

LOVED Kristen's wedding dress. Just beautiful and looked amazing on her. She has great taste (reunion outfit and Josh not withstanding).

Lu feeling "like a tooth". Haha, that was so bizarre.

"No one is safe, when I go to a gay bar" - Sonja Morgan.

You're welcome.

I loved Kristen's wedding dress too.  It didn't look yellowed to me but whoever packed it didn't do a great job.  They needed a lot more acid free tissue paper in that box.  I was surprised Carole wanted to try it on but she looked great in it too.

The "tooth" scenario with the psychic was bizarre.  I wonder if they inserted it to somehow tie it into Sonja's lost tooth but couldn't make it work.

ETA:  Oops!  I should be in the Secrets thread.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

I agree that there should have been mention of a steady man in Bethenny's life......however, they never lived together.

I forgot Bethenny was homeless.  I always thought that was a euphemism for Bethenny spends many nights at Michael's house.

• Love 3

I was starting to feel alone in this, so thank you. I couldn't care less about that guy. Maybe if Beth's storyline all season had been a "let's find Bethenny dates every episode!" it would have bothered me, but it wasn't. For me, this guy really doesn't matter. 

Oh, you may not be alone.  Some viewers actually buy into the "Bethenny is brutally honest" silliness that she & Satan Andy throw out there.  I don't especially care about Michael Cerrussi or the details of his relationship with Bethenny, their apparently dozens of trips to Miami, their walks around the streets of Soho & Tribeca with Brynn & their nights around the restaurants of Manhattan.  But when Bethenny casually says she wasn't dating anyone special, that clearly is NOT true.  And she sure as shit ain't being "brutally honest".  Satan Andy knew this wasn't true, as we absolutely know this wasn't true, & yet he didn't question her on it in any of these 4 parts of the reunion.

Makes me think of the reunion from last year, when Satan Andy was forcing Moaner to spill everything about Mario.  He sure didn't pull that same shit on Bethenny this year.  Far from it.   Very much the opposite.  He acts (to me) like he's skeered to death of Bethenny.  Or is it just that she's his palsy-walsy now & he doesn't wanna grill her because of that?.  Would he let Lu get away with having a "secret" boyfriend?  Or Sonja?  No way.  But Bethenny gets special treatment.  That's what's really bugging me -- the special treatment Bethenny is getting & her being deceptive to us & being very, very far from that "brutally honest" crapola.  The details on Michael Cerrussi she can keep to herself cuz that guy looks like a pretty unpleasant character to me.

• Love 5

I forgot Bethenny was homeless.  I always thought that was a euphemism for Bethenny spends many nights at Michael's house.

That was a dumb thing for her to say.  I think it was included along with all the crying scenes by production in their attempt to create sympathy for her.  I didn't think it was necessary.  I much prefer the the smart ass, wise cracking Bethenny.   When Andy called her out on it with a viewer question, Bethenny didn't have a problem admitting that "homeless" was a poor choice of words.   Even if she was spending many nights at Michael's house, that wasn't her "home."  The same goes for the hotels, etc.  

• Love 2

It bothers me because Beth's story this whole season was about how alone she was, how hard it was for her to let new people in, how miserable she was with all her divorce/custody issues, and how she didn't have time for anything except tv therapy sessions.  Apparently, she wasn't alone, she found it pretty easy to date this guy for a long time and introduce him to Brynn, her misery and divorce/custody issues didn't prevent her from happily dating someone, and she had plenty of time for her boyfriend despite all her custody issues.

She can't spend a whole season whining about her being so alone when she was nothing of the kind.

• Love 18

It bothers me because Beth's story this whole season was about how alone she was.....

She can't spend a whole season whining about her being so alone when she was nothing of the kind.

That's the part I simply don't get.    I remember Bethenny talking about having walls up, not wanting to let people "in" and how difficult her divorce/custody issues have been.  

I do not remember Bethenny ever whining about being alone.

• Love 6

That's the part I simply don't get.    I remember Bethenny talking about having walls up, not wanting to let people "in" and how difficult her divorce/custody issues have been.  

I agree, and I don't see how dating someone means divorce and custody issues aren't hard.

Maybe the relationship wasn't exclusive, wasn't that serious and/or wasn't that happy.

• Love 3

It bothers me because Beth's story this whole season was about how alone she was, how hard it was for her to let new people in, how miserable she was with all her divorce/custody issues, and how she didn't have time for anything except tv therapy sessions.  Apparently, she wasn't alone, she found it pretty easy to date this guy for a long time and introduce him to Brynn, her misery and divorce/custody issues didn't prevent her from happily dating someone, and she had plenty of time for her boyfriend despite all her custody issues.

I think it changed the dynamic of the group Bethenny getting to keep her boyfriend on the down low.  If she can talk about being in the press and ask Kriatennot to comment she could certainly mention she is dating exclusively dating someone.  I too go the impression she is the world's busiest business woman who drops everything 50% of the time to spend time with her daughter.  Maybe viewers wanted to know she was happy and dating. I mean at least go out to dinner with the ladies off camera so someone can make mention.

• Love 4

If she's not introducing him as her new step daddy, I don't see a problem. Mommy has friends.

Well I definitely disagree with that! If you are in an open relationship that you aren't happy in while also going through a bitter divorce, by all means DON'T be mixing your young kid up in that mess. Also, didn't this guy have rape allegations against him??? Nope.

• Love 2

Well I definitely disagree with that! If you are in an open relationship that you aren't happy in while also going through a bitter divorce, by all means DON'T be mixing your young kid up in that mess. Also, didn't this guy have rape allegations against him??? Nope.

I mean, unless you are giving your young child a blow by blow description of your relationship, I don't see the harm of getting ice cream together.**shrugs**

Edited by shoegal

I mean, unless you are giving your young child a blow by blow description of your relationship, I don't see the harm of getting ice cream together.**shrugs**

I just don't think it is wise to bring casual dates around your young child while still going through a divorce (or ever for that matter). The girl is going to have some questions for one. I also don't think B has enough discretion to not kiss the dude in front of Brynn.

• Love 3

I just don't think it is wise to bring casual dates around your young child while still going through a divorce (or ever for that matter). The girl is going to have some questions for one. I also don't think B has enough discretion to not kiss the dude in front of Brynn.

I totally think Bethenny has the discretion not to kiss in front of Bryn, I don't think she's much of a PDA kind of person. I just don't see it as a big deal. Different strokes.

• Love 1

To me it is strange that Bethenny keeps her love life out of it but will look up her stepfather and recount, for the viewers, some pretty bad and often illegal behavior he engaged and then say in essence, "can't wait for you to meet my daughter."  So accused rapists and batterers are okay around Bryn?  It just is inconsistent with the very in control Bethenny I have gotten use to watching.  I think of her of being very protective of her daughter.  Sure she does dumb things like pose in her daughter's pajamas but all in all I think she is pretty crazy about her daughter.

• Love 3

I totally think Bethenny has the discretion not to kiss in front of Bryn, I don't think she's much of a PDA kind of person. I just don't see it as a big deal. Different strokes.

This is the same woman who posted a pic on social media of her wearing her daughter's clothing to show how skinny she is. B and discretion are not well acquainted.

• Love 4

This is the same woman who posted a pic on social media of her wearing her daughter's clothing to show how skinny she is. B and discretion are not well acquainted.

I'm speaking specifically of PDA, I don't think Bethenny is very affectionate in the kissing, loving kind of way. Sex? Sure....but loving kisses with her boyfriend/date/person she's seeing in front of her daughter (or anyone)? I just don't get that vibe.

• Love 1

I agree, and I don't see how dating someone means divorce and custody issues aren't hard.

Maybe the relationship wasn't exclusive, wasn't that serious and/or wasn't that happy.

I agree that it doesn't change the narrative that she was going through hell in a lot of ways. I just think that this guy was a huge part of her life, and she didn't put it in the show.

They started dating I believe in January of 2014. If memory serves, they met at a New Year's Eve Party. She didn't bring Bryn around him for a long time, because she didn't want to introduce a man into her world if it was just a casual thing. In December of that year, there were pics of all three of them on vacation together, and the story was that she had recently introduced them because she felt confident in the relationship. That was smack dab in the middle of filming. I think the point is that with all that Beth had been through, the fact that she was taking that step was probably a big deal. This would be the kind of thing you would be talking to your Therapist about; of that I am 100% certain. I have zero doubt that Beth is an outstanding mother, and that she does what she can to protect Bryn despite all the shit that swirls around them. I have always believed that because of the divorce crap that Beth didn't want her love life to be any part of the show. I am completely on board with that, and can understand her feeling that way. Good on her for fighting to tell the story she wanted to tell. I cannot fault her for that. The problem is that she wasn't telling the entire story, and no one has been louder than Beth about people not being 100% candid on camera. She was like that with Lu, even calling her out on it again when Lu was a guest on her show. Lu told Beth during their interview that there were things she hid because she wanted to protect her children, and Beth said that was fine but that she hadn't been authentic. She said that the one thing she would always be was complletely authentic about her life on the show, even if it made her look bad. It's important to note that Beth also called Kelly out for the exact same thing in S3. She said that she had had a boyfriend for the entire season, but acted like she was single. Beth had a problem with that.

At the end of the day, the bigger thing is that Andy and Bravo let Beth break one of their rules. Andy has said specifically that if a HW is dating someone, they cannot keep that off of the show. She never had to show his face or give his name. All she had to do IMO is to acknowledge that she had someone special in her life. By not doing that she created a false narrative that she was pretty much alone, when she really wasn't.

• Love 13

I agree that it doesn't change the narrative that she was going through hell in a lot of ways. I just think that this guy was a huge part of her life, and she didn't put it in the show.

They started dating I believe in January of 2014. If memory serves, they met at a New Year's Eve Party. She didn't bring Bryn around him for a long time, because she didn't want to introduce a man into her world if it was just a casual thing. In December of that year, there were pics of all three of them on vacation together, and the story was that she had recently introduced them because she felt confident in the relationship. That was smack dab in the middle of filming. I think the point is that with all that Beth had been through, the fact that she was taking that step was probably a big deal. This would be the kind of thing you would be talking to your Therapist about; of that I am 100% certain. I have zero doubt that Beth is an outstanding mother, and that she does what she can to protect Bryn despite all the shit that swirls around them. I have always believed that because of the divorce crap that Beth didn't want her love life to be any part of the show. I am completely on board with that, and can understand her feeling that way. Good on her for fighting to tell the story she wanted to tell. I cannot fault her for that. The problem is that she wasn't telling the entire story, and no one has been louder than Beth about people not being 100% candid on camera. She was like that with Lu, even calling her out on it again when Lu was a guest on her show. Lu told Beth during their interview that there were things she hid because she wanted to protect her children, and Beth said that was fine but that she hadn't been authentic. She said that the one thing she would always be was complletely authentic about her life on the show, even if it made her look bad. It's important to note that Beth also called Kelly out for the exact same thing in S3. She said that she had had a boyfriend for the entire season, but acted like she was single. Beth had a problem with that.

At the end of the day, the bigger thing is that Andy and Bravo let Beth break one of their rules. Andy has said specifically that if a HW is dating someone, they cannot keep that off of the show. She never had to show his face or give his name. All she had to do IMO is to acknowledge that she had someone special in her life. By not doing that she created a false narrative that she was pretty much alone, when she really wasn't.

Excellent post! I agree that she could have acknowledged that she had someone special in her life, but he was too "shy" to be around the ladies......code for not being in front of the camera. Or whatever way they wanted to say it. Even though Bravo obviously agreed to B's terms for being back on the show, I think the omission hurt her credibility.

• Love 7

I didn't like the email. I would not want to be adored that much by a man. I think my trigger was he was watching her sleep and describing it. I have no problem with people falling asleep on couches and taking naps and such. I admire people who can do it. I can't sleep if I think anyone is watching me. I told hubby from the get go, DO NOT WATCH ME SLEEP! IT IS CREEPY! Being asleep is a vulnerable thing and I want total privacy when I am sleeping. I even have a way of covering my head where I just have air holes to breath. If there are people in the house and I want a nap, it has to be in the bedroom with the door shut. If I am alone, I never fully rest on the couch because I think someone is going to come in and watch me sleep. So yeah, the email was making my skin crawl.

OMG - you are my soul sister, stewedsquash!  The creepiest thing I know is being "looked at", asleep, awake or dead!!!  I make allowances for my cats (and the occasional raccoon who watches me sleep thru the window), but people who watch others sleep?   Creepy, creepy, creepy!  That email sent my red flags aflyin'.

IAt the end of the day, the bigger thing is that Andy and Bravo let Beth break one of their rules. Andy has said specifically that if a HW is dating someone, they cannot keep that off of the show. She never had to show his face or give his name. All she had to do IMO is to acknowledge that she had someone special in her life. By not doing that she created a false narrative that she was pretty much alone, when she really wasn't.

I WANT to believe that Bethany is charming and nice in real life (same with Ramona), but I know better.  People with enough cash to do what they want live in a different world - and mindset.  I think everything we see from Bethany is fairly calculated and controlled.

Personally, I think the show is letting her make her own rules given that she's been a good addition to NYC - and seems to have a knack for it.

I also think each wife has different contracts, different rules, different expectations, etc.  where fine-line items are concerned.  I wouldn't be surprised if BF has carte blanche to film with whoever she wants...probably a few other wives have/had the same option, e.g. NeNe perhaps. 

• Love 1

I WANT to believe that Bethany is charming and nice in real life (same with Ramona), but I know better.  People with enough cash to do what they want live in a different world - and mindset.  I think everything we see from Bethany is fairly calculated and controlled.

Personally, I think the show is letting her make her own rules given that she's been a good addition to NYC - and seems to have a knack for it.

I also think each wife has different contracts, different rules, different expectations, etc.  where fine-line items are concerned.  I wouldn't be surprised if BF has carte blanche to film with whoever she wants...probably a few other wives have/had the same option, e.g. NeNe perhaps.

I mentioned up thread that she may have had it as a contract stipulation that she did not have to disclose who she was dating. You never hear about him from another HW or from Andy at the reunion. There's no doubt that she has a sweetheart contract...who knows what other things are in it? Maybe nentioning Skinny Girl products every time she's in a scene!

• Love 2

Beth probably had it in her contract that her boyfriend was off limits .... totally.  The problem with it is that it proves that she's a hypocrite.   Don't preach that you're an open book.  You're not.  No, the guy didn't have to appear on camera but don't pretend he doesn't exist.  And that's what the viewers got. 

• Love 12

This is why Bethenny is such a twit, when have we seen Dorinda's cooch hanging out? Bethenny just uses these women as her insult field.

Right? That was weird. As much as I had started disliking her as the season progressed, I have never considered anything Dorinda has worn as vulgar or too revealing. (Although I do hate the sequined snake shirt.)

• Love 2

Bethenny loses me when she gets really vulgar.  Hated the "steak & pussy" comment.  Sounds desperate & like she's trying to be one of the boys.

Is she ever going to learn that tossing around the Fs and all the rest is just not that witty or clever? Anyone can use those words, Beth.

• Love 5

I really do believe bethenny has serious mental health problems, and until she is able to get handle on those, she will be forevermore screwy bethenny. Imo, she is truly a wackjob

• Love 5

I think when b screamed STFU, veins bulging in her face and thrust her hands in Sonja's face that we saw just a glimmer of what Jason had to deal with. Serious brat with anger issues.

I agree.  On that same note:  on Scary Island when she screamed at Kelly, "Go to sleep!  GO TO SLEEEEEEEP!"  I was afraid for her unborn child and what would happen if that child grew to be a restless toddler.  

Beth's probably a decent mother - it is my hope.  But yeah, I'm sure she loses her shit on the regular.  Seems the type. 

• Love 7

I really do believe bethenny has serious mental health problems, and until she is able to get handle on those, she will be forevermore screwy bethenny. Imo, she is truly a wackjob

Hehehe...that's why Andy Cohen gets along with Beth so well...both have the same sense of humor.

• Love 1

I wonder if the other HWs towed the line and never mentioned the BF or if they tried to out her openness and honesty, what you see is what you get, and mentioned him all the time, leaving the editors to edit all the mentions out.  Something tells me the threats of, "I can have you fired with one phone call," made them tow the line.

• Love 3

All season long, I thought Beth was working hard, almost homeless and spending every moment she was allowed, with her daughter. Then, to make things a little more complicated, she was filming Real Housewives and trying to find time to attend a reality show dinner party or resort getaway.

Now I find out she had a full time boyfriend. No wonder she was always rushing off from reality show events.

• Love 6

Beth probably had it in her contract that her boyfriend was off limits .... totally.  The problem with it is that it proves that she's a hypocrite.   Don't preach that you're an open book.  You're not.  No, the guy didn't have to appear on camera but don't pretend he doesn't exist.  And that's what the viewers got.

Yes! Her tag line for cripes sake is that she may not be a housewife but she IS real. What a crock. Bethenny is a lying liar who lies.

• Love 5

Yes! Her tag line for cripes sake is that she may not be a housewife but she IS real. What a crock. Bethenny is a lying liar who lies.

I agree Alonzo Mosely. She's a do as I say, not as I do type of HW! Poor, crying, homeless, all alone, pathetic, little rich girl, divorcing the big bad wolf! Beth we have your number!!!

Edited by talula
  • Love 2