Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Murmuration

Tara Ariano

Jamie contacts a fellow journalist in an attempt to expose the truth about Reiden's involvement in the global animal problem. Meanwhile, Mitch escapes with both the Mother Cell and his daughter's medication after learning who Delavenne is working for, but he's stopped in his tracks by a terrifying army of birds.

"Murmuration" is the noun used to describe a group of starlings.  Sounds like Mitch encounters those birds.  But what happened to the scene from the "this season on Zoo" previews of the mother and baby carriage getting attacked in the park by what looked to be crows?  Maybe all kinds of birds have finally awoken.

And just what we need, another reporter.  

But what happened to the scene from the "this season on Zoo" previews of the mother and baby carriage getting attacked in the park by what looked to be crows? 

They're out partying with the killer zebras!

I applaud the show's restraint with regards to avian threats so far - I wish they had kept it going.

Sadly, I don't think we will ever see the killer zebras.  Unlike the crows in the park scene, which was clearly a scene from the show, I think the zebras just appear in the opening credits?  We see the eyes and some shots of other animals in the credits such as a black panther, an owl, an elephant and a rhino.  Don't know if they will actually make appearances on the show, which is too bad.

There was that one zoo in Eastern Europe recently that had storm damage and lots of animals got out.  I recall  a picture of people leading a tranquilised hippo on the streets.  Would love to see an out of control rhino on Zoo, goring people left and right on the streets like the running of the bulls.

• Love 1

Is there ever a time when an "army of birds" would not be terrifying? We get frightened over one bird protecting a nest.

I still think this show will go back to Africa, and then we'll get our zebras.

Btw, did anyone hear that a lion killed a safari guide in Zimbabwe in front of the tourist group he was leading? I immediately thought of this show.

• Love 2

Zebras in the upcoming previews!  They're just crossing a road but still there.

Something something mothercell - Mitch escapes with breaking glass & by running running & climbing a wall - then something something Reiden Global and

OMG was reporter's undercover disguise the best ever???  The huge dark sunglasses?? Then she breaks the phone in two and tosses it ohahahahaha!!!  It was even better when FBI guy picks it up and casually put it back together, not to mention how easily she was found on camera. 

I just can't.  This show has to be a parody now right? right?  That bird attack with the mother trying to push the carriage instead of picking up the baby and running..but first our on the lam group trying to come up with a plan in a bar...then the fire hose on the birds...just awesome.

Isn't Mitch's family dog going to be the key to everything?  That's what I thought but back to Africa we go - home of killer zebras yay!  We know Jackson's father has to be there, half naked in a cave with a beard down to his knees.

This show.  heeheehee.

• Love 5

Sorriest bird attack I've ever seen.  I imagine the ghost of Alfred Hitchcock is somewhere busting his gut laughing. 

I think that was actually worse than the bat attack CGI.  I'm still waiting for the butterflies to swarm and attack -- because nobody ever suspects the butterfly </BartSimpson>.

I still think this show will go back to Africa, and then we'll get our zebras.

In the preview for next week,

there were zebras.

So the whole nonsense with the reporter was a bust.

Mitch's solution with the firefighters and Abe controlling the hose was pretty ridiculous, even for this show.  Mitch just happened to save a firefighter's dalmatian so the firefighters helped him defeat a bird attack that they knew nothing about -- that's some pretty weak tea.

Xander Berkeley's character must have the worst peripheral vision not to notice Jackson sneaking around to knock over those crates.

Birds kill a woman, no problem.  Crow possibly killing a baby, I'm was pretty confident that CBS wouldn't let them cross that line.

So, Agent Shaffer really was an FBI agent, but he was down in Mississippi on his own time working for Reiden Global.  Xander Berkeley's character really didn't like being told that #12 was dirty -- or maybe it was the fact that he was killed by a blogger.

So, Delavenne inferred that he got the go ahead from the Reiden head honcho to give the kill order on his team.  I don't see that happening what with it meaning the end of the show if the entire team is dead.

I'm still confused about why Reiden set up this team -- some sort of plausible deniability, but they never expected them to find the Mother Cell ?  Or is Delavenne a double agent and really working for someone else -- who then ? 

They have to have another piece of the Mother Cell somewhere otherwise how are they inserting it into every one of their products.  Because the scientist in the swamp seemed to have had that Mother Cell for a while.

The birds were pretty successful when it came to killing this episode -- though we only saw one on screen.  7 killed in the 3 parks, including 4 children.  It kind of makes up for all the other episodes when the animals killed no one.

I'm also surprised how fast Xander Berkeley's character got from New York to Boston.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

The Birds! The Birds!

Hey I knew birds were going to be our overlords one day.

This show is so much fun. It's like a long version of Sharknado.....hey that would be awesome!!!!!

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

Oh no, the Birdemic has begun! Get your coat hangers out! 

Looks like we are FINALLY getting our killer zebra`s next week! 

That dog is going to be the key to everything. HOW have none of the characters realized this? 

This show, you guys. Its like a weekly sci fi original movie

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

Isn't Mitch's family dog going to be the key to everything?

Probably the only competent character as well.

It does feel like an Asylum produced tv show.

• Love 4

I stopped watching this show three episodes ago due to the chronic stupidity. At least Under the Dome has a sort of an amusing Train Wreck vibe where you can watch just to see how bad it gets but this show has too many red shirts die off camera, it's stupid.

Did anything noteworthy or interesting happen this episode ?

Did anything noteworthy or interesting happen this episode ?

Basically they ripped off Hitchcock's The Birds poorly and are on the run from the evil mustache twirling corporation villains going to Africa.

I'm surprised that pack of dogs that went down the street in front of Mitch and Abe weren't busy killing people too -- why should the birds have all the fun ?

Maybe they take turns doing so and that's what they were communicating with each other.

Edited by Free

Wow, this is the stupidest show since Under the Dome, and that's saying something.

Why do people getting attacked by birds always crouch in place, screaming and flailing? How about running for shelter or screaming for help? And a woman with a baby is getting attacked in a playground full of people and no one helps? Assholes, they deserve to be bird-mauled. The woman is pecked to death and her baby is sitting out in the open with killer birds on the loose and no one rescues it? Yeah, right. Had to leave it for heroes' ex and kid to save the day, who of course, crouch and flail when the birds come. Until they are sprayed with huge firehoses and emerge, miraculously, bone dry.

What a dumb show; like watching Sharknado, indeed. Zoonado.

Edited by Shermie
  • Love 3

Assholes, they deserve to be bird-mauled.

They all do.

What a dumb show; like watching Sharknado, indeed. Zoonado.

Maybe it should be more fun like Sharknado, more attacks and less bs Mother Cell/evil corporation nonsense.

• Love 3

This show has to be a parody now right? right?

That's how I see it, especially in this episode when the camera was positioned below Abraham, in the sunlight lens flare, firehose spray across his brow, fire engine in the background: True Hero! LOL but without defaming his character.

I do wish they would go a little more Sharnado/Zoonado.

Xander Berkeley's character must have the worst peripheral vision not to notice Jackson sneaking around to knock over those crates....

Xander Berkeley's character really didn't like being told that #12 was dirty -- or maybe it was the fact that he was killed by a blogger.

Based on his line of dialog, he was just really focused on how small Chloe's head is.

I was a little disappointed that they didn't get a chance to tell him that his best boy killed an innocent dentist who had been held hostage by a deranged Reiden-infected wolf man--but I guess that would've taken too much screen time.

So, Delavenne inferred that he got the go ahead from the Reiden head honcho to give the kill order on his team. I don't see that happening what with it meaning the end of the show if the entire team is dead.

The look on Delavenne's face seemed to convey that he was going to start batting for the good guys.

I'm also surprised how fast Xander Berkeley's character got from New York to Boston.

He no doubt took the Fringe Express.
  • Love 3

That's how I see it, especially in this episode when the camera was positioned below Abraham, in the sunlight lens flare, firehose spray across his brow, fire engine in the background: True Hero! LOL but without defaming his character.

I do wish they would go a little more Sharnado/Zoonado.

I do see Asylum-like qualities about the show in terms of the animal attacks scenes.

I was a little disappointed that they didn't get a chance to tell him that his best boy killed an innocent dentist who had been held hostage by a deranged Reiden-infected wolf man--but I guess that would've taken too much screen time.

It must be hard for them to keep up with the plot points.

• Love 1

I get a creeped out by masses of birds so I was a bit bothered by this cheesy ripoff of Hitchcock. It looked like all of the ravens from Game of Thrones found a summer job.

I continue to be confused by this Mother Cell nonsense. It looks like a big glob of wax in a bank tube. Are we supposed to believe that it is the secret to everything? Why does RG need it? Don't they have more of it? If it is already "in everything," aren't they still poisioning the world without it?

Senior Dater/FBI Guy was an unnecessary addition to the show. He appears to be as incompetent as everyone else. I wish that he would do his job and toss Frenchy Bug-Eyes, Jamie and Jackson behind bars. They bore me. Mitch and Abraham are fun and actually accomplish things.

As if Jamie wasn't annoying enough, now she seems to be talking out of the side of her mouth. Did we ever find out who hacked her computer?

Another unnecessary element will be trying to figure out if Carl Lumbly is a double, triple or quadruple agent.

Isn't Mitch's family dog going to be the key to everything? That's what I thought but back to Africa we go - home of killer zebras yay! We know Jackson's father has to be there, half naked in a cave with a beard down to his knees.

This show. heeheehee.

That's my assumption, too. Henry the Lab will be the canine hero. Jackson's dad will reappear to guide them in their mission to destroy RG and restore order to the world.

Another question: Clem has to suffer consequences from taking the meds, right? Don't her meds also contain the evil Mother Cell?

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 2

I continue to be confused by this Mother Cell nonsense. It looks like a big glob of wax in a bank tube. Are we supposed to believe that it is the secret to everything? Why does RG need it? Are they still poisioning the world without it?

It's a contrived plot device meant to explain away all the ridiculous nonsense and to get the moustache twirling baddies to go after them.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

Except for the bird attacks, kind of a meh episode. But at least Mitch's kid got her medicine, but we're still waiting for Chehov's Golden Retriever to go off, right?

• Love 3

we're still waiting for Chehov's Golden Retriever to go off, right?

Henry the Lab will be the canine hero.

Not a Golden Retriever? Regardless, didn't we see him get Reiden meds after he was hit by the car? Or were those Clem's meds? I was never sure.

Anyway, I'm guessing the team goes off to Zambia to catch a leopard, comes back defeated, but then discovers Henry is the "needle in the stack of needles."

Maybe Henry will be naturally immune and they won't need the Mother Cell--which will probably be a good thing because while in Zambia, running from zebras, Jamie will trip over a tree root and cause Mitch to drop the Mother cell container over a waterfall (because he would never leave it somewhere for safekeeping). In the series finale we will see the Mother cell container washing up on a bank and being opened by some primates.

Clem has to suffer consequences from taking the meds, right? Don't her meds also contain the evil Mother Cell?

Yes, why isn't Mitch concerned about this? Of course, it can be hard to tell when Mitch is concerned about a particular thing. He was very nonchalant about throwing the chair through the window.
  • Love 2

When I saw the map, the first thing through my head was, "I hope each circle represents a drink someone had!"

...not to mention how easily she was found on camera.

For which we can thank a billion "social media" idiots who insist on face-tagging all the photos they possibly can.  Because evil, jack-booted, security facists will never use that pool of data against us.  Never!

Sadly I was wrong and Mitch and Carl Lumbly were not working together.

...How in the hell did Carl not know about the Mother Cell before now?

Ah Maine. No big mammals (moose) or birds there at all to threaten them. Nope nope nope.

Dammit, show!  After last week being  more awesome cheese again, I thought this was back to being kind of dull.  Sure, I wanted to love birds teaming up and killing a bunch of stupid, flailing humans.  But, honestly, it was kind of pathetic.  They only killed, what, four people in total?  Christ, step it up, animals.  More people die every day probably tripping over their own toes.  This shit ain't going to cut it.

Never thought I would ever agree with Jaime, but seriously, when you are cash-strapped, forking over a hundred dollars for a stupid map, is the dumbest thing ever.  I really hope someone else on the team is now in control of the funds, or Chloe will sink them all before they even get out of the state.

So, the A-plot was Jackson decided they needed to try and get their story in the news, so Jaime tries to hook them up with a reporter friend.  But since they kind of suck at the whole hiding thing, Agent Xander Berkeley easy tracks them down, and fucks everything up.  Whole thing was pointless.  But I did love the odd pause Xander had between "I loved him!" and "Like a son!", when referring about Shaffer, because it really did sound like he actually had romantic feelings for the dearly departed Shaffer.  The whole mentor thing is totally bullshit!  It's just raw love for Xander Berkeley!

Meanwhile, Mitch and Abe zip off to give Clementine her medicine, only for the whole pathetic bird attempt to happen, but that's all solved by Mitch remembering he saved a fire-dog, so they just turn a fire hose on all of the birds.  Clementine and the ex are now running off to a safe place in Maine I think, but I still think that Henry is Chekhov's dog.  He will probably turn on them at some point.

The whole Jackson/Chloe scene at the bench, as to be one of the lamest attempts at trying to establish a romantic connection.  They need to quit this shit.  It's so obvious and lame.  And the actors don't have any chemistry and aren't selling it: Nora Arnezeder is just doing her normal overacting, while James Wolk thinks if he smolders enough, we won't notice the crappy dialogue.  At this point, I'd buy a Abe/Mitch hook-up, before those two.

For some reason, I could not stop laughing at the whole scene where Delavenne and Steven Culp were arguing in the car.  I guess it was because it felt like the entire conversation was "You lied to me!  Well, you lied to me first!  Oh, yeah!  Well, you suck!  No I don't!  You suck more!  Shut up!  No, you shut up!"  It just didn't feel like two main antagonists, but just two children bickering.  I imagine Culp and Carl Lumbly were breaking down with laughter in between takes.

At least it sounds like Africa is their destination again, so maybe we'll go back to more awesomely bad animal attacks again.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 9

So, the A-plot was Jackson decided they needed to try and get their story in the news, so Jaime tries to hook them up with a reporter friend.  But since they kind of suck at the whole hiding thing, Agent Xander Berkeley easy tracks them down, and fucks everything up.  Whole thing was pointless...

The whole Jackson/Chloe scene at the bench, as to be one of the lamest attempts at trying to establish a romantic connection.  They need to quit this shit.  It's so obvious and lame.  And the actors don't have any chemistry and aren't selling it: Nora Arnezeder is just doing her normal overacting, while James Wolk thinks if he smolders enough, we won't notice the crappy dialogue.  At this point, I'd buy a Abe/Mitch hook-up, before those two.

Yes...the "Jamie contacts her reporter friend" was a waste of time. It was obvious that this reporter was going to be as dumb as the rest of them and the story would get shut down immediately.

Well, maybe not a complete waste of time. We now know that Jamie can't go anywhere because super secret surveillance has discovered her...even with the "never used before" disguise of a baseball cap and large sunglasses.

And while they are waiting to meet this equally dumb reporter in a warehouse (of course), they go to a bar and start carefully drawing circles on a $100 map. Seems like a ridiculous way to determine that Zambia was where they needed to go in search of their non-mutated, Mother Cell-exposed creature. 

I'd buy an Abe/Mitch hook-up, too. Billy Burke's smirking and Nonso Anozie's earnestness are the only things worth watching. James Wolk has lost his usual charisma, thanks to the abominable writing. And Nora Arnezeder and Kristen Connolly are too busy making weird faces.

Maybe Henry will be naturally immune and they won't need the Mother Cell--which will probably be a good thing because while in Zambia, running from zebras, Jamie will trip over a tree root and cause Mitch to drop the Mother cell container over a waterfall (because he would never leave it somewhere for safekeeping). In the series finale we will see the Mother cell container washing up on a bank and being opened by some primates.

I think Henry will be the creature that they are looking for: exposed to the Mother Cell thru his meds but not showing any mutations (yet?). However, the flaw in this theory is that Henry is in Maine and our Scooby gang will jet-pack to Zambia in the next episode. How exactly will they get to Zambia? What unique disguises will they use? Or will they hijack a private plane and fly themselves to Zambia? 

Here's another question: Jackson mentioned something to either Carl Lumbly or the reporter friend about having "documents?" What documents? From the poorly explained hack of RG? Do we know what these documents contain? I assume, at some point, our gang will have to explain what information they uncovered. 

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 1

I'm probably not paying close attention (never mind, I KNOW I'm not paying close enough attention), but how are they paying for all this jetting around?

And if they're trying to stay on the downlow, wouldn't airport security tag them the minute they scan their passports?

And how does everything happen so fast? I love flying, but it is tedious. Not the actual flight, but everything else - lineups, security, layovers, finding ground transportation, waiting, waiting, waiting.

• Love 1

They actually said they've been working together for months which seems...ridiculously accurate for this show.

While I think an Abe/Mitch hookup would work can you imagine the scene?

Abe: Mitch, I must tell you that I have become attracted to you.

Mitch: Uh, I think I have a quokka to dissect.

Abe: But your eyes, your personality- I love them.

Mitch: Um, .....you're saying this now? With rampaging fennec foxes approaching?

Mr Straightforward and Mr Avoidant. Abe would have to kidnap Mitch to make him sit and listen.

• Love 7

Little known scientific fact:  A crow can kill a grown woman with just a few well placed pecks..

Note to Zoo Crew : When you disarm a gunman, KEEP THE GUN. (Even if he is a misinformed FBI agent.)

So now we have the gang on the road, basically in a van (SUV) .. which immediately makes me think of the Scooby Gang in the Mystery Machine..

Also, they act as if all is lost because Reporter Girl's contact cannot, or will not, report their story.  Have none of them heard of a thing called the World Wide Web? With the bird attacks in the news, they could easy disseminate their information with viral videos. 

And : Please record all conversations with nefarious corporate types who openly admit their crimes (Carl Lumbly) . 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 4

As if Jamie wasn't annoying enough, now she seems to be talking out of the side of her mouth. Did we ever find out who hacked her computer?

So I'm not the only one, thank you! I expect her to say "you dirty rat" while holding a cigar in her hand - it was that strange.

When I saw the map, the first thing through my head was, "I hope each circle represents a drink someone had!"

When I first saw the map on the wall, I thought "what bar puts a map of the world on the wall?" And if it was an upscale bar, wouldn't it be one of those fancy, faux old time maps? And not the ones they put up in elementary school? (to be fair, I don't go to many bars, maybe it's a common thing.)

Perhaps I'm naïve, but I'm not sure a company can stop a news story with legal means (as they implied here) - bribery and pressure, sure. And no investigative news organization worth its salt would just bow and scrape "yessir, boss" if they think they're on to a good story. I know things have changed in journalism over the years, but I'm hoping not that much.

So, the shady French guy who initially hooked Chloe into this team - who the heck was he?

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 1

I agree that Jamie's disguise wasn't much of one--I guess she never read the John Grisham book or saw the movie in which the heroine changes her hair color half a dozen times, or, better yet, how about a faux late-term pregnancy pillow? But I thought sunglasses and hats with brims do actually prevent facial recognition software from identifying people. No?

Anyway, next time I'm being chased by the FBI I will be sure not to toss my burner phone into a trash bin that has a surveillance camera trained on it.

• Love 3

Dammit, show!  After last week being  more awesome cheese again, I thought this was back to being kind of dull.  Sure, I wanted to love birds teaming up and killing a bunch of stupid, flailing humans.  But, honestly, it was kind of pathetic.  They only killed, what, four people in total?  Christ, step it up, animals.  More people die every day probably tripping over their own toes.  This shit ain't going to cut it.

And it was only like 1 real scene of it, so very disappointing.

Mother cell

it does get confusing. The mother cell which caused this problem is also the cure by infecting a second time - why not create even worse secondary changes?

The company that created the problem, knows about the problem, does not want it solved. Yes the idiot reporter wants to sue them, but wouldn't it be best for everyone if the problem was solved? Do these executives never fly near high flying bats> or walk outside where their birds can get them or have cats hanging out in their back yard trees? Why not bring them in for a cure? 

The dog being the center of the issue

I think back to my long ago dog that got tired of me being so self centered I would forget about her, and I was never going to learn bark, so she learned English - only 10 words and not goofy words like "I love you". but ones that fit her needs - Owwwt or Home.or gno.  For other things actions spoke louder than words, like if I forgot to feed her, she would hit me with her empty bowl, But then again, she was a border collie, so that was probably easy. 

I would like their dog to master English and sit people down and have serious talks with them about preserving the animals and the planet, other than that, I can't see how the dog would be important

I would also like this to be a one season show, so it does not turn to complete sharkanado, which I am tired of already. 

• Love 1

And if they're trying to stay on the downlow, wouldn't airport security tag them the minute they scan their passports?

Logically (yes, I know; this show is short on logic), they cannot get on a commercial airliner. I predict that one in our Scooby Gang will be revealed to have a pilot's license. As long as it isn't Jamie, I will be OK with it. Then, they will need to "borrow" a gased-up plane and head straight Zambia.

There is another alternative. They will run into Carl Lumbly as they are racing around Boston without a plan. He will tell them that he had a change of heart and is on their team now. Then, thru his super secret connections, he will produce a plane and they will all fly to Zambia together.

Also...are they going to a specific location in Zambia? Or will they drive around the countryside until they come across a non-mutated leopard?

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 1

Mother cell

it does get confusing. The mother cell which caused this problem is also the cure by infecting a second time - why not create even worse secondary changes?

The company that created the problem, knows about the problem, does not want it solved. Yes the idiot reporter wants to sue them, but wouldn't it be best for everyone if the problem was solved? Do these executives never fly near high flying bats> or walk outside where their birds can get them or have cats hanging out in their back yard trees? Why not bring them in for a cure? 

The dog being the center of the issue

I think back to my long ago dog that got tired of me being so self centered I would forget about her, and I was never going to learn bark, so she learned English - only 10 words and not goofy words like "I love you". but ones that fit her needs - Owwwt or Home.or gno.  For other things actions spoke louder than words, like if I forgot to feed her, she would hit me with her empty bowl, But then again, she was a border collie, so that was probably easy. 

I would like their dog to master English and sit people down and have serious talks with them about preserving the animals and the planet, other than that, I can't see how the dog would be important

I would also like this to be a one season show, so it does not turn to complete sharkanado, which I am tired of already. 

I don't understand how Mitch would trust the medication for his daughter.  For someone who is so smart, that was a dumb move.

I also had a border collie and she was without a doubt the smartest dog I have ever known.  My husband and I used to talk pig Latin around her because she learned so many words and would get excited if she heard one of them.  I would love for a border collie to be the brains behind everything.

• Love 2
So, the A-plot was Jackson decided they needed to try and get their story in the news, so Jaime tries to hook them up with a reporter friend.  But since they kind of suck at the whole hiding thing, Agent Xander Berkeley easy tracks them down, and fucks everything up.  Whole thing was pointless.  But I did love the odd pause Xander had between "I loved him!" and "Like a son!", when referring about Shaffer, because it really did sound like he actually had romantic feelings for the dearly departed Shaffer.  The whole mentor thing is totally bullshit!  It's just raw love for Xander Berkeley!

I laughed so hard when Agent Xander said that, "I loved him.....like a son," as if he had to remind everybody that he's STRAIGHT, no romance there.  Whatever, Agent Xander was so incompetent, I don't know how he became an FBI agent in the first place.

I think like Billy Burke, Nonso Anozie is also used to schlock.  I remember that hysterical fight scene in Dracula between Renfield (Nonso) and Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) just picture that and yes, it sounds as silly as it looked.

I want them to run into one of the cats, who sits them all down and tells them this Mother Cell is nothing but bullshit.

Oh, and why is Abe narrating the opening credits?  Maybe it means he'll be the only one left at the end.  And this is only episode nine?  I swore I've been watching this show for six months already.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

Sorriest bird attack I've ever seen.  I imagine the ghost of Alfred Hitchcock is somewhere busting his gut laughing. 

Why do people getting attacked by birds always crouch in place, screaming and flailing? How about running for shelter or screaming for help? 

To be fair, the women did scream for help.  It's just that no one was willing to you know ...help.  I will agree that standing there and covering one's head seems like an unnatural response to being attacked by birds.  I imagine I would've been swinging with one hand and pushing that carriage full throttle towards the playset everyone else was hiding under.

I'm probably not paying close attention (never mind, I KNOW I'm not paying close enough attention), but how are they paying for all this jetting around?

They were being bankrolled by Delavene (secretly on evil corp's payroll).  That's obviously over.  If they weren't wanted by the FBI, I'm guessing everyone except the reporter (no job and broke prior to joining the team) could've charged a ticket to Africa.

They actually said they've been working together for months which seems...ridiculously accurate for this show.

Really?  It seems like they should've only been working together for a little over a month at the most.  None of their missions last more than a couple of days.  There must've been lots of time passing between episodes.

So, the shady French guy who initially hooked Chloe into this team - who the heck was he?

Does the shady French guy know that he's been working for Reiden Global ?  Or is he just a dupe as well.

I don't understand how Mitch would trust the medication for his daughter.  For someone who is so smart, that was a dumb move.

How would Mitch know if the pills weren't just placebos -- or possibly worse, something fatal ?  Is Mitch just going to trust the what it says on the labels ?  I wouldn't underestimate an evil corporation that had an FBI agent on the take that would kill for them.

And maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to think that the animals are intentionally going after the Scooby Doo gang and their loved ones.  If I were Jackson's mom I would be on the look out.

Really?  It seems like they should've only been working together for a little over a month at the most.  None of their missions last more than a couple of days.  There must've been lots of time passing between episodes.

I would have put it at two weeks maximum --  because they are not hanging around any one location for very long, maybe overnight but that's it.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

I think the animals should go after everybody BUT the Scooby Gang since all of them are too boring and stupid.  As for the birds, all they have to do is just shit on everybody.  I was hoping the birds would attack Agent Xander simply because he was patronizing riding a horse and carriage in NYC, which Mayor DeBlassio is trying to stop.

All those birds sitting together looked fake.  Where are the cats?  Why aren't they eating the birds/rats and then grow to like five feet or something?  Now THAT would be interesting.  Like that stupid episode of Star Trek where this black cat grew to giant size and then started roaring like a lion (WTF?) I mean why would a CAT start roaring like a lion if it grew?  Wouldn't the meow just be super loud?  That's like saying cats are just small lions, which isn't true.  

LOL at Mitch telling Abe to take a swing at him.  Really Mitch?  If Abe took a swing at you, you'd be dead you fool.

Edited by Neurochick

This show is so much fun. It's like a long version of Sharknado.....hey that would be awesome!!!!!

After analyzing these two consecutive posts I believe that forum posters have developed the ability to communicate over long distances !  ;)

We make fun of Jamie but she was the smartest team member in at least 2 instances this episode, telling Chloe that $100 dollar map was not a good financial choice, and her hilarious " Maybe we shouldn't clump together like this." as they all stood suspiciously clumped together outside a building. 

• Love 5

I agree that Jamie's disguise wasn't much of one--I guess she never read the John Grisham book or saw the movie in which the heroine changes her hair color half a dozen times, or, better yet, how about a faux late-term pregnancy pillow? But I thought sunglasses and hats with brims do actually prevent facial recognition software from identifying people. No?

Anyway, next time I'm being chased by the FBI I will be sure not to toss my burner phone into a trash bin that has a surveillance camera trained on it.

I thought those things messed with facial recognition too. But then, as we say when we handwave it all at home "ees fantasy show" - like on all the cop shows where they have a horribly degraded survellience photo, and the photo shop tech is able to make all shiny and clear. Unrelated to reality.

On a random note - maybe someone knows this - why does every show have the people on the run break the burner phones in half? Wouldn't just taking out the battery and sim card be sufficient?

Mother cell

I think they're talking about making a vaccine - which often use the original source as part of the cure.

How would Mitch know if the pills weren't just placebos -- or possibly worse, something fatal ?  Is Mitch just going to trust the what it says on the labels ?  I wouldn't underestimate an evil corporation that had an FBI agent on the take that would kill for them.

The whole thing is just badly done even for a sick kid cliche being played out.

I still don't get any of the so-called logic behind this: an animal that has mutated but was never exposed to RG products will be the solution to everything? So are we going to assume that this mutation can happen naturally? Since when? Was that Papa's idea all along and Reiden did just speed up the process? Why am I trying to find sense in this mess?

But even worse was the methodology applied to find the wonderful mutant animal. You're just going to mark the area of any listed Reiden exposure by drawing circles around a freaking shot glass on the over-priced map? I'm sure Charles Epps would have had a major psychotic break from just watching that bit.

The less is said about that pathetic bird-attack the better. You made the bats look good.

I did love how Mr FBI bleeped 'FBI' right behind the SWAT team bellowing 'Police'. Maybe some felons won't come out for a measly SWAT team but once they hear 'FBI' they drop everything.

Damn show - the solution to turning this craptastic episode into pure awesomesauce was right there staring you in the eyes with defiant pupils: Zebras! We've all been misguided by calling them killer zebras because ultimately they're savior zebras!

Instead we got lousy leopards!

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 2