Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Faith

yeswedo

With their backs against the wall, Jessica and Louis make a last-ditch effort to rally the support of the partners, as Daniel Hardman and Jack Soloff attempt a takeover of the firm. Meanwhile, Mike and Harvey must each face down the demons of their past in order to make potentially life-altering decisions

I just read an interview with the EP he said

TVLINE | Should we assume that the priest was the one who gave Mike up?
"The rules of confession are that he absolutely cannot hand Mike in, in my mind. That doesn’t mean he didn’t. But it’s very interesting. It is everybody’s first question: who turned Mike in? That wasn’t my first question. My first question, both as a writer and when I put myself in the shoes of our characters, is: “What the f—k are we going to do to get out of it, if anything?” The writers, their first question also seemed to be, “Whodunit?” We ended up finding a middle ground where we both explore who did it and try to find out who did it in service of getting out of it. We don’t find out right away, but we will find out. Hopefully, it will be someone that you do not expect."

Can't picture it being Harvey, Louis, Jessica, Donna or Rachel. Claire  and Trevor probably don't really care. The priest can't.   So i think Jack or Hardman found out somehow when they did a background check looking for dirt (but they probably would have blackmailed him) My bet is on Shiela somehow figuring it out.

• Love 1

I assume the fraud arrest is a red herring. We assume it's for Mike not being a real lawyer, but it's probably for something else, something small that will be resolved within a few episodes.

I'm tired of all the firm infighting, takeover this and partner ousting that. Just practice the gd law already! I don't really get it anyway, why go through all,the trouble and expense and bridge-burning of a hostile takeover? Why don't Soloff and Hardman just start their own firm? It would be way more interesting to me to see them work actual cases, maybe sometimes going up against their old rivals, like Hardman.

I liked the flashbacks; it explained some of their backgrounds and it was nice to see Mike's grandma again. Also, Jessica was married, did we know that? No wonder it didn't work out, the woman is at the office 18 hours a day.

• Love 2

Mildly interesting on Harvey's background. I was hoping they just wrote Mikey out but no - they had to screw that up.

I really don't care about Jessica - so fake in every way. Gee, so odd that she doesn't need a secretary. I vote boring for this episode.

I don't think I was supposed to cackle with glee at that ending, but I did. In fact this continues the best string of episodes ever where someone calls Mike out on his victim complex, arrogance and other sundry bullshit with the extra fun of handcuffs! That priest had him dead to rights when he pointed out that Mike never is to blame for the things that happen in his life. Mike always finds somewhere else to point the finger. 

The firm drama was compelling enough. I loved Louis and Jessica's talk when Louis told her how he was going to vote. That felt very real. Also loved the vote scene. 

The Harvey stuff was fine. Turns out he sucks a little more than I realized but overall, it was okay world building. That being said, grown men cannot play 20 year old versions of themselves, or teenage versions. They didn't even really try with Harvey making it really hard to place where in time we were. Mike's wig situation was horrific. I know this show doesn't have a huge budget, but that was a disaster.

The only real thing I hated was Donna with Harvey's doctor. I like confident Donna but everything about that scene was too much. She was arrogant and off putting. 

• Love 7

A Gretchen sighting, yay!

This ep made me cry at least three separate times.  Emo or not, I always love that.  And we actually might be getting that reboot that I was rooting for.  Three cheers for that!  

Of course Rachel will stick by Mike.  And not of course, but hopefully Donna and Harvey finally give in to the inevitable.  

Yes, Shermie, Russell Hornsby has been on quite a few times as Jessica's ex, both when they broke up and then when he came back sick with a new wife.  As an aside, the girl who played his new wife was with him on Grimm as his new love interest.  

Shallow I know, but I loved Jessica's shorter hair.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 2

I thought it was a good episode, I do like understanding what happened, I don't pay attention to every second of a show and miss things sometimes and don't mind all my mental holes being filled in. I just felt it covered too much,

My guess for turning Mike in, Rachael's mother. Who wants their daughter to have to live with all that drama.

That would have made an awesome series finale with Harvey resigning, Mike being called out for his bullshit, and then being carted off to jail at the end.

Unfortunately, there are more eps to come.

• Love 5

I thought overall it was a good episode and was not really a surprise about the 2 resignations though.

I get they wanted to show young Harvey and how his told the truth that broke his family up, but with the best will in the world GM does not pass for the age we have previously been told Harvey was when that happened. He said something about coming home from college in another episode.

And the actor playing Marcus looks older than when we first saw him so that didn't work either. 

Young Mike was good, teenage Mike was not so good.

Hardman, nope still don't get the writers belief that he is a good character or even a good actor. I find him a bit scene chewy.

Louis nope don't care cry all you want I don't care about you anymore.

I got a headache from rolling my eyes at Donna and her I'm soooooo amazing attitude with the therapist. 

Rachel nope don't care and boy can that woman suck all the life out of a scene.

I assume Mike got caught for something else and Harvey and Jessica will have to scramble to get him out and somehow Harvey will unresign because there is no programme without him.

The scene with Harvey and Jessica at the end was good as was Mike and Harvey. 

Such an odd scene with Donna and the therapist.

The woman (I have NO idea what her name is) is sitting there, all comfy, having a glass of wine after a hard day of wrangling Harvey, when in pops Donna: secretary/psychic/pseudo-therapist.  Donna sits down, spouts her nonsense and the camera cuts back to The Other/New Woman in Harvey's Life - who suddenly appears bedraggled and rather shiny. Huh?

Donna's awesome intuitiveness reduced a professional therapist into a puddle of what...envy? jealousy? perspiration?

In other scenes: people swear (weakly), whine, make promises they can't keep, get arrested when they finally do the right thing, and resign - but only temporarily, because Harvey surely will return to rescue Mike. When does any actual law work get (successfully) done? If I needed a lawyer and wanted to lose, I'd be knocking on the door of Pearson Spector (?) Litt (!)

Edited by jette
  • Love 1

Emo flashback hour. Boring plus extras bores.

It is pathetic that we're shown that Mike kinda sucked at all ages.

He stole from a friggin' church?

And was smarmy about it?

One thing I didn't get was in lecturing teenage Mike, Priest had deduced that Mike was upset about his parents not being present for Parent-Teacher day, cutting class and trying to throw out his beloved childhood books. Modern-day priest then says "Oh I have these childhood books that your grammy gave me and made me promise to keep them. I never knew why...until today." It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out these are the books that Mike tried throwing out, especially when one is literally signed by "Mom and Dad."

I just read an interview with the EP he said

TVLINE | Should we assume that the priest was the one who gave Mike up?

"The rules of confession are that he absolutely cannot hand Mike in, in my mind. That doesn’t mean he didn’t. But it’s very interesting. It is everybody’s first question: who turned Mike in? That wasn’t my first question. My first question, both as a writer and when I put myself in the shoes of our characters, is: “What the f—k are we going to do to get out of it, if anything?” The writers, their first question also seemed to be, “Whodunit?” We ended up finding a middle ground where we both explore who did it and try to find out who did it in service of getting out of it. We don’t find out right away, but we will find out. Hopefully, it will be someone that you do not expect."

Can't picture it being Harvey, Louis, Jessica, Donna or Rachel. Claire  and Trevor probably don't really care. The priest can't.   So i think Jack or Hardman found out somehow when they did a background check looking for dirt (but they probably would have blackmailed him) My bet is on Shiela somehow figuring it out.

The priest could. It just would be breaking his vow to protect the sanctity of the confessional. Since basically no one  on this show keeps their word, I wouldn't rule that out.

Of the people who we the audience know about the secret, most of them have an incentive not to tell.

The only one I could see "breaking" would be Hacker Girl. I could see if she got caught for something else, her trying to cut a deal by pointing the finger at now partner Mike Ross.

There are several candidates for having found out the secret:

Forstman/Hardman/Sokoloff (Shouldn't he have to change his last name to have "man" in it?) -- they seem to be trying to find dirt on our heroes and it seems like Mike's dirt is fairly in the open. But if that is the case, why wouldn't they have gone after Jessica and Harvey who at a minimum let the fraud rise to the partnership and worse, actively participated in the conspiracy? 

The Zanes -- They were setting up a wedding to be attended by a friggin' Supreme Court justice and Rachel, she of extravagant tastes and Plaza reception dreams, starts talking about wanting a lower-scale wedding and possibly eloping. Her strange behavior could easily trigger one or both Zanes to do a background check on Mike and discover his secret.

Gretchen --- Because she can see through the BS that is Mike and want to protect her boss and the firm as best as possible.

Random person listening at the church -- Pretty much anyone could have overheard the conversation between Mike and Priest

Tanner -- I could see him outing Mike, either in revenge or as part of his new "straight and narrow" personality. 

Because of the interview, I'm assuming that the fraud Mike is getting arrested for is indeed the Secret. But the thing is that Mike has conspired to commit fraud a number of times outside the Secret too -- from forging e-mails from a company's employees to the lawsuit he engineered with Harold to bribe Ava's accusers to duping his hedge fund boss in making a deal with Forstman -- that it's possible one of the various others he defrauded either was going after him for that or was inspired to check into him and learn about the Secret.

I don't really get it anyway, why go through all,the trouble and expense and bridge-burning of a hostile takeover? Why don't Soloff and Hardman just start their own firm? It would be way more interesting to me to see them work actual cases, maybe sometimes going up against their old rivals, like Hardman.

I liked the flashbacks; it explained some of their backgrounds and it was nice to see Mike's grandma again. Also, Jessica was married, did we know that? No wonder it didn't work out, the woman is at the office 18 hours a day.

Forstman, a past character, has basically infinite money and no morals. He's in prison because of Harvey. So as he stated, he wanted to humble Harvey and doesn't care how much money it takes to do such things as literally buy all of Pearson Specter Litt's clients just so they will fire the firm.

He knows that Hardman got ousted by Harvey from what was then Pearson Hardman. He gets to make a deal with Hardman in which Hardman can tap the infinite money he has to make Harvey's life miserable. Hardman presumably wants to participate in this deal not just because he gets an ample share of infinite money in attorney's fees, but he also owes Harvey and Jessica for ousting him. Hardman has had his own firm, but I could see him wanting to retake his old one.

Why Sokoloff is on board is not so much clear. We were shown that Forstman/Hardman "have something" on him. But so far, no one has been able to determine what that is. Presumably, given Forstman's M.O., Sokoloff made some sort of deal to help one of his loved ones. (Harvey made a deal to help his gambler brother get set up in business. One of Harvey's enemies made a deal for medical treatment for his wife.)

Also, why Harvey trusts Forstman to keep his word rather than continue to work to destroy the firm that has Harvey's name on it, just because he can, and rather than lying, which is what he does, is beyond me.

A Gretchen sighting, yay!

This ep made me cry at least three separate times.  Emo or not, I always love that.  And we actually might be getting that reboot that I was rooting for.  Three cheers for that!  

Of course Rachel will stick by Mike.  And not of course, but hopefully Donna and Harvey finally give in to the inevitable.  

I am glad that Gretchen was there. I'm sad that Jessica was less than her normal awesome self in interacting with her. 

I guess we are to believe that:

a) Harvey was participating in an all-day therapy session, even though it was obviously circle-the-wagons time

b) Harvey didn't volunteer to Gretchen or anyone else where he could be reached

c) Harvey didn't have his cell on or blew off the various calls/text messages/e-mails that Jessica/Gretchen/Donna presumably left (along with any and all client responsibilities)

d) The only way Donna could think of trying to track down Harvey was to go physically to his therapist's, and, when told that he was gone, instead of trying to get up and figure out where else he might have gone from there, spent time bantering with his psychiatrist so she could prove how awesome she was.

Also, for someone who is supposedly dating someone, she seems pretty into Harvey still.

• Love 1

The only real thing I hated was Donna with Harvey's doctor. I like confident Donna but everything about that scene was too much. She was arrogant and off putting.

The more I hear from Donna these days, the more I wanted the therapist (1) to tell Donna she must have huge issues to feel the need to be this arrogant to strangers and (2) to tell Harvey he dodged a bullet with that girl and to let Louis have her.  Instead, she too has to bow down to the awesomeness that is Donna.  Here's a clue, show:  Donna's not that awesome.  Gretchen, on the other hand, . . .

• Love 2

So much to hate but what is constantly bugging me is the lack of security at these big law firms.  I worked in publishing in NYC, and you couldn't get past the lobby without scanning your identification card.  If you didn't have one, you went to security where they called the receptionist  to make sure you were allowed up.  You present ID, get a paper badge, and off you go to your meeting.  And this was just publishing--not a major law firm where there would be many people with grievances against lawyers.  Can you imagine if anyone could just waltz into these offices?  Though I guess Hardman could be admitted by Skoloff but really couldn't Jessica have him on a special watch list to never be allowed in?  Ugh.

So much to hate but what is constantly bugging me is the lack of security at these big law firms. I worked in publishing in NYC, and you couldn't get past the lobby without scanning your identification card. If you didn't have one, you went to security where they called the receptionist to make sure you were allowed up. You present ID, get a paper badge, and off you go to your meeting. And this was just publishing--not a major law firm where there would be many people with grievances against lawyers. Can you imagine if anyone could just waltz into these offices? Though I guess Hardman could be admitted by Skoloff but really couldn't Jessica have him on a special watch list to never be allowed in? Ugh.

And the show established they have security earlier this season when Esther couldn't get past the lobby to see Louis. Obviously the shows goes for drama over realism but it bugs when they contradict their own episodes.

• Love 1

The more I hear from Donna these days, the more I wanted the therapist (1) to tell Donna she must have huge issues to feel the need to be this arrogant to strangers and (2) to tell Harvey he dodged a bullet with that girl and to let Louis have her.  Instead, she too has to bow down to the awesomeness that is Donna.  Here's a clue, show:  Donna's not that awesome.  Gretchen, on the other hand, . . .

The tell for me in the law firm milieu? 

I would HATE to work with Donna

I would LOVE to work with Gretchen

Very strange.  Gretchen called Jessica "Miss Pierce".  I was sure I must've heard it wrong; maybe she said the last syllable very quietly or as she was turning away or something, so I backed it up and turned up the volume, and she definitely says "Miss Pierce" and not "Miss Pearson".  And Jessica does not correct her.

The tell for me in the law firm milieu? 

I would HATE to work with Donna

I would LOVE to work with Gretchen

I dunno...having an omniscient, omniskilled assistant who can manage to get away with destroying evidence and dodge criminal charges might come in handy. I'd hate to pay for her out of my own pocket as Harvey does...but still. It would probably be worth putting up with a certain number of "Of course. I'm Donna." moments a month.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 2

I'm assuming that the fraud Mike is getting arrested for is indeed the Secret.

The writers are the ones should be arrested for driving the whole friggin' Secret business into the ground!

No body cares.

The show is named Suits, not Mike's Secret.

I'm tired of all the firm infighting, takeover this and partner ousting that. Just practice the gd law already!

Agreed.

These shows always forget and move away from what made them successful to begin with.

Suits. Good Wife. Person of Interest. Burn Notice.

Case or Person of the week adds intrigue. Other shit, contrived interpersonal bullshit - boring.

Edited by grannygeek
  • Love 2

These shows always forget and move away from what made them successful to begin with.

Suits. Good Wife. Person of Interest. Burn Notice.

Case or Person of the week adds intrigue. Other shit, contrived interpersonal bullshit - boring.

Damn straight times 1,000.  That's why procedural shows can last for 10, 12, 15 years or longer -- NCIS, Law&Order, CSI -- while the serials are so much shorter-lived.  Don't get me wrong, the meta/serial stuff on Grimm, for example, has been pretty good, the keys, the Royals, so we don't see a Wesen-of-the-week every show, but the dole it out in tiny bites and always keep me wanting more.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity

It is pathetic that we're shown that Mike kinda sucked at all ages.

He stole from a friggin' church?

And was smarmy about it?

Ha! I LOVED that! This whole series, I've been a good deal more sympathetic to Mike than other posters seem to be, just because I buy that he actually DOES want to help people and is basically a good person, and always kind of took his blindness to his own narcissism as one of those conceits of the show, that you have to ignore in order to enjoy the story. But this episode made me go, "Oh, nope! They were right! He has always been an irritating shithead!" And I cheered when he resigned, because in the context of him ALWAYS having been awful, this might be the first really good decision he's ever made. And then I cheered even more when he got arrested, because it was so well-deserved, and that is a story with some potential! If it turns out he was arrested for something OTHER than impersonating a lawyer, and The Secret still looms large over the next season (well, half-season, I guess), I will be very disappointed.

My theory is that whatever is done to get Mike out of trouble (and/or the investigation into where the trouble came from) will somehow necessitate him staying with the firm (to use their resources to either find out who turned him in, or for protection?), thereby invalidating his decision to resign and resetting the show back to its default. Harvey, of course, will not lose his position, as he will not follow through on his own resignation in order to retain the power to help Mike. All the Forstman stuff will get swept under the rug, or vanish thanks to a miraculous loophole, perhaps to rear its ugly head again in time for the next finale.

However the hell they do it, I sure as shit hope that the next goddamn season of this goddamn show will get its goddamn act together and try and remember why we all started goddamn watching it in the first place! Because this season shit the goddamn bed, goddamn it!

• Love 1

I dunno...having an omniscient, omniskilled assistant who can manage to get away with destroying evidence and dodge criminal charges might come in handy. I'd hate to pay for her out of my own pocket as Harvey does...but still. It would probably be worth putting up with a certain number of "Of course. I'm Donna." moments a month.

Oh sorry....I AM a legal assistant.  I was thinking more in terms of who I'd love to work with as a co-worker.  

Very strange.  Gretchen called Jessica "Miss Pierce".  I was sure I must've heard it wrong; maybe she said the last syllable very quietly or as she was turning away or something, so I backed it up and turned up the volume, and she definitely says "Miss Pierce" and not "Miss Pearson".  And Jessica does not correct her.

She mumbled the "son" part of Miss Pearson. It was sort of slurmumbled

Re: "The Fraud": Options:

1) Claire turned him in for not really being a lawyer

2) He got caught on the paperwork fabrication from the Claire/Rachel case (they did mention that the defense contract would open the case up to scrutiny)

3) Jack Soloff (or more likely, Hardman) turned him in for the email fabrication on that case.

I say option 2, but any way you slice it, ugh.

(EDIT: And who wants to take bets that Harvey becomes his defense attorney?)

(EDIT2: And I still say Soloff's "secret" is that he never passed the bar/graduated law school, either, and Hardman found out. :p)

Edited by Cthulhudrew

At least theoretically, it shouldn't be 2. Rachel took Mike's name off the paperwork for the deal. That raised Claire's suspicions, but after Rachel begged her not to tell, they presumably submitted the Mike-less paperwork. So for the Defense Dept. review to have uncovered Mike as a fraud, someone else would have to have said that Mike was involved in the deal. 

BTW, it just occurred to me that Suits totally stole that idea of working with a military contractor triggering an unwanted background check from Mad Men.

3) Jack Soloff (or more likely, Hardman) turned him in for the email fabrication on that case.

That's what I say it is.  If it was the secret, there's no way they'd only send 2 guys to the firm and only go for Mike.  There would be a whole white collar team there, and they'd be talking to Jessica, Harvey, Donna, Rachel, and everyone else.

I loved the Louis and Jessica scene.  They were mature about everything, Louis was frustrated about not being to vote for Jessica and more importantly that he couldn't protect his sister if he were to vote for Jessica.  He even tried a mature way to get it to stop.  And Jessica's response wasn't to get mad and tear into him, she completely understood why he would have to vote against her.  There were no hard feelings, and she had the great line "No matter what happens, Pearson will always consider Litt a partner."

On the other hand, Mike stole from a church.  And it was a church that's doing what a church is supposed to do.  You can't just sweep that under the rug.

I liked the priest who never aged. Nitpick-they don't wear purple vestments to celebrate a funeral. He should have been in white ones.

Mike really takes self-pity to a whole new level.

• Love 1

The charge Mike was arrested for was "conspiracy to commit fraud." Now I know Suits-verse law is a whole different thing from real-world law, but to accuse someone of conspiracy, you have to have more than one person plotting to do the given crime. Sokoloff knows that Mike acted alone in forging those e-mails. And it was after Mike did so that Sokoloff nominated him for junior partner. (Speaking of which, why wouldn't he have been attending the Dump Jessica meeting? Presumably as a partner on any level he gets some level of say on such a thing?)

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that Sokoloff didn't rat Mike out here, because it would also point the finger at himself, unless he just went with "fraud," and it would undermine whatever bit of business the fraud was perpetrated for.

At least theoretically, it shouldn't be 2. Rachel took Mike's name off the paperwork for the deal. That raised Claire's suspicions, but after Rachel begged her not to tell, they presumably submitted the Mike-less paperwork. So for the Defense Dept. review to have uncovered Mike as a fraud, someone else would have to have said that Mike was involved in the deal.

But Rachel's name was on the paperwork (although why a law clerk's name was there is a whole 'nother discussion) and Mike is her live-in  fiancé. So I assume any investigation of Rachel would include an investigation of Mike.

I agree with those who think that Mike's arrest has nothing to do with The Secret. If it did, they would be leading Harvey and Jessica out in handcuffs too, since the charges were conspiracy to commit a fraud. It probably goes back to Mike's work as a hedge fund trader, nothing to do with the firm. Whatever it is, Harvey will get Mike off.

This was a decent show to end the year. Lots of loose ends to start off this winter.

The one thing I don't get is Harvey's angst about his parents. While I don't condone cheating, with her husband on the road she has needs and I get that but with her husbands best friend. That is unforgivable and Harvey did the right thing in telling his dad. Now if his dad and brother can't come to grips with their situation it's not Harvey's fault.

• Love 1

But Rachel's name was on the paperwork (although why a law clerk's name was there is a whole 'nother discussion) and Mike is her live-in  fiancé. So I assume any investigation of Rachel would include an investigation of Mike.

I agree with those who think that Mike's arrest has nothing to do with The Secret. If it did, they would be leading Harvey and Jessica out in handcuffs too, since the charges were conspiracy to commit a fraud. It probably goes back to Mike's work as a hedge fund trader, nothing to do with the firm. Whatever it is, Harvey will get Mike off.

Suits has been calling Rachel an "associate" even though she hasn't finished law school and even though in the real-world that denotes that she is an attorney. So they are pretending that she would be in line to handle high-profile deals, when in fact at any firm a third of the size of PSL, the most that they would likely do is read documents and write memos.

Background checks would be pretty complex if they went to the level that they check the live-in partner/spouse's education to the point it would reveal Mike to be a fraud. Remember, calling up to Harvard to say "Is Mike Ross a graduate of Harvard Law in 2010?" would have someone search the computer system and come up with the hacked answer, "Yes." That superficial protection could be pretty easily pierced, but it seems unlikely that would happen if Mike wasn't the focus, and there was no reason for Mike to be the focus unless someone pointed them his way.

From the way the Suits honcho talked about it at the interview, I would be extremely disappointed if in fact it turns out that it was for one of Mike's non-Secret frauds.

This was a decent show to end the year. Lots of loose ends to start off this winter.

The one thing I don't get is Harvey's angst about his parents. While I don't condone cheating, with her husband on the road she has needs and I get that but with her husbands best friend. That is unforgivable and Harvey did the right thing in telling his dad. Now if his dad and brother can't come to grips with their situation it's not Harvey's fault.

That is the thing about emotions -- they are irrational. People tend to feel guilt for things that they can't really claim logically to have responsibility for. 

I think as a rule, most people have complicated relationships with their parents. The feeling that he wanted to spare his dad and brother pain, the disgust he has for his mom for cheating, for himself for being too trusting of  her and for not stepping up earlier to tell his dad, for his dad for having no clue about it, etc. I think it was reasonably well-played by GM (with the exception, of course, of his not being able to convincingly play a 22-year-old at 40ish.)

• Love 2

That would have made an awesome series finale with Harvey resigning, Mike being called out for his bullshit, and then being carted off to jail at the end.

Unfortunately, there are more eps to come.

I for one would have hated that ending - so I'm glad that there are more episodes coming. i wish they were here already. 

This. I get emotions are complicated, but Harvey didn't break up that family, his mother did, when she cheated. And continued to cheat. And the therapist for some reason seemed to perpetuating his effed up thinking. And he was twenty year old with a terrible secret - I couldn't why she was expecting sense from him. 

• Love 1

Nitpick-they don't wear purple vestments to celebrate a funeral. He should have been in white ones.

Actually, violet is correct.  White (and black, still) are allowed, but the General Instruction of the Roman Missal has violet first, and then white or black being allowed in dioceses of the USA (GIRM 346).  

Actually, violet is correct.  White (and black, still) are allowed, but the General Instruction of the Roman Missal has violet first, and then white or black being allowed in dioceses of the USA (GIRM 346).  

The worst is not using an alb (white vestment) under the chasuble (the violet vestment).

Wow, lifelong Catholic who unfortunately has attended more funerals than I can count, and I have never seen any color other than white, and the priests I am friends with always mention that they wear white to signify the resurrection.  Thanks, Scott, I learned something new today.  Catscout, that bothered me, too.  At first I assumed Mike wasn't Catholic because the priest wasn't dressed correctly.  

Mildly interesting on Harvey's background. I was hoping they just wrote Mikey out but no - they had to screw that up.

I really don't care about Jessica - so fake in every way. Gee, so odd that she doesn't need a secretary. I vote boring for this episode.

The guy who plays Mike Ross is one of the producers...pretty sure he wouldn't write himself out.

I used to like this show a lot. But Weepy Rachel, Cat-Claws Jessica (I really like the characters Gina Torres has played over time, but this one is getting old), and all the rest of it is just showing signs of age. Let Robert Zane know the secret, have Harvey and Louis become traveling buddies, send John Reese to "persuade" Daniel Hardman  to get out (I know I'm blending shows, but hey, if Root can go on Suits, why not Reese?), and let the audience live happily ever after.

• Love 1

The odd bit was the dedication to Elaine Zane at the end of the episode.  I thought for sure  that it had to do with something in the storyline, but it was actually for the mother of one of the production staff, for whom they named the fictional Zane family early on in the show. 

The guy who plays Mike Ross is one of the producers...pretty sure he wouldn't write himself out.

He is an Executive producer. That is done with a lot of shows like this. The main actors are made exec. prod. to give them a larger share of the royalities without affecting the pay scale and therefore the production budget. He doesn't really have a say in the show. That said, they are not getting rid of him or Mach.

On ‎27‎.‎8‎.‎2015 at 4:15 PM, Crs97 said:

While Donna and Harvey were close, it didn't Harvey good, other than keep him functioning as a lawyer. Instead, Donna leaving, although it temporarily gave Harvey pain and even panic attacks, helped Harvey finally to grow up. 

On ‎28‎.‎8‎.‎2015 at 5:05 PM, CaptainCranky said:

What I find unforgivable is that Harvey's mom had sex with other men in her own home for years where it was only a matter of time when she would be caught. After she was found by Harvey as a kid, she should have decided either to stop or, if she had "needs", to divorce. 

After the psychologist, it was the way that Harvey told was harmful to his father. He should have stayed at home some time in order to help his father and kid brother, but instead he fled as he has always done with his relationships when they became too close.  

However, just as Harvey's mom pretended to be a good wife and mother and probably made herself believe that she didn't damage anybody, Mike pretended to be a lawyer who helped people, instead of realizing that he endangered all who knew, including Rachel whom he says to love. But it was Harvey's decision to hire Mike that originally began all.