Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E03: The Guy Who Gets Shipped Out

I hope Bryant the short muscle guy is the one refered to in the episode title who falls off the runway and gets eliminated. He is such a douche and isn't half as attractive as he thinks he is.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 5

Gawd! I am so tired of the manufacturered drama. It gets worse every season. Everyone was bullied, everyone had a terrible childhood, everyone had no friends. Well, join the club! Just show me the competition. (sorry, rant over)

• Love 8

Yes, goodbye Bryant, didn't like him from the get go with his douche arrogant behavior. I had a feeling that most of the no names wouldn't have made it like Miguel, Gage, etc. That girl India just freaked out. 

At least Dustin & Nyle made it, those are my eyecandy for the season. 

Devin & Bello are both annoying and obnoxious and both can exit stage left at anytime. Devin doing that thing where he runs his hand above his lips is just a big no for me IMO. 

At least Tyra was there at the photoshoot because during the past couple of seasons, she's been rather absent and relying on the other judges to do most of the work.

Poor Dustin paired with Hadassah, if I was there I would have pushed her right out of the way and put myself right next to Dustin. Dustin doesn't exactly scream model, he's just pretty.

Does Mike see why he's SINGLE, he's a jackass. I hope Tyra chops all that hair off just for the hell of it.  

Courtney, girl you have a man, so why in the hell would you get in bed with another man?

Why does Stefano's shot look blurry? He was almost blurred out. Figured he was going to make it because Delaine was basically a non factor this episode.

We already seen Stefano's makeover from the preview lol. 

• Love 5

That was entertaining.  I knew Devin and Bello was in, if only for the house drama.  Line them and Mikey up for haircuts stat! That can only improve Devin's looks.

Most of those hamsters that were cut I had never seen before.  Bello was hoping for Dallas and I was like "Who is that? Oh, he's cute. Aaand he's out."

Justin's crush on Mame is so adorable.  And they look hot together.  I refuse to believe that shot was their best one.  I think Tyra should let us see most of those shots because by seeing them pose there should have been better ones.  Or maybe video  doesn't translate as well as photographs. 

Stefano's cocky ass should have gone home. 

Edited by Stardancer Supreme

Yay for social media being taken out of the total scores! It was just a mess and I hated seeing people who were really unlikeable make it through just because they were popular on social media.

Wish Stefano had been eliminated with Bryant. Mikey can go at anytime for all I care. He acted like a complete jerk talking bad about Courtney after acting all nice to her.

So I guess we're stuck with both Bello and Devin for now. I did like Bello's picture though with Lacey.

• Love 2

At least Tyra was there at the photoshoot because during the past couple of seasons, she's been rather absent and relying on the other judges to do most of the work.

And she gave a completely ridiculous lesson! Maybe I am being nostalgic, but this season is making me laugh like a school girl. Which latest victim of drama will hold the giant stuffed animal and vent to someone (or the confessional while drunk)?

• Love 2

It's still too early to remember most of these people...

I thought Devin, Mikey, Bello, Courtney, Lacey, Mamè, and Justin all took good to great photos. I adore Lacey and her southern Arkansas accent. The boys mostly have really stank personalities. I love Nyle, but his picture was meh. Courtney is a bundle of insecurity. I bet Hadassah is out soon, since she obviously knows so much more than Tyra can teach her. I like the new scoring. I'm glad Miss Jay is back.

Can't wait for makeovers! Mikey's going to lose that hair for sure, and It looks like Tyra wants to take the pageant girl out of Hadassah...shaving her head??

• Love 1

The flirtation between Mame and Justin reeks producer driven to me.

Of course both Bello and Devin made the cut in favor of some of the more conventially attractive contestants. What better way to ensure the villain quotient is filled?

This week's animal kingdom inspired "teach" was inane.

I think Haddasah is only being kept to tortute and humiliate. Bring it on.

Ready for these models to lose their shit over the preordained makeovers.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 2

I dunno, I really liked Tyra's lesson!  I felt like giving them animals to think of was a good way to get them to remember the information. The funny part about it is that she only thought of it because people were commenting #noneckmonster on her Twitter pics, HAHA!

Out of the women, I feel that both Lacey and Ava are really bringing it. Stefano looked like an idiot when he said that he had some things to teach Ava since she is younger than him. 

I was surprised with how much I liked Devin and Bellos pictures.  It's too bad they look so busted in person. 

So far, this season is exactly what I look for in this show. Love me my Crazy Ass Tyra!

• Love 4

Stefano can and will get tons of 10% work. He looks like a model and he photographs like a model even when his blurry face is buried behind another model.

Tyra looked cute at panel until the camera pulled out. What was that look? Space stewardess-meets-Caesars Palace cocktail waitress? I hope that's the theme this season.

Justin is going to win.

• Love 3

At panel, did Tyra say the winner would have "the opportunity to be represented by Next Model Management"? Does that mean the winner is not even guaranteed a modeling contract anymore? I know this show has never been a legitimate modeling competition, but ouch!

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 7

Well it's been said that the modeling world doesn't take ANTM seriously and contestants that are associated with the show. 

What bothers me a little bit is the contestants in their talking heads saying, "To be America's Next Top Model", instead might wanna reword that into just being a model cause if I was a contestant I wouldn't wanna be ANTM I would wanna be a model that's on the level of Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Gia Carangi, etc. They're known internationally. Has ANTM produced any models that have reached Crawford, Campbell, Carangi status yet?

People like Devin who has years of modeling experiencing, does he think being on ANTM is going to open up even more doors for him? I mean it could happen but then again maybe not with the way his attitude is, might not look good for him. Bryant is the size of a bodybuilder which fashion industry isn't keen on as they like their men to be leaner but he models for what works for him which is underwear modeling which is more bodybuilder friendly and he can make it as a fitness model more than a fashion model. If Bryant wanted to be a fashion model he will have to lose some of that muscle mass he's carrying around. 

• Love 2

Haddasah is also reminding me of C5 Cassandra with her complaining, what she likes and doesn't like, and now on makeovers she's committing a Cassandra and is crying. Now we're gonna see if Tyra likes the makeover or will try to "fix" the makeover. It seems Tyra likes to torture pageant girls. It just doesn't make pageant girls look great, they already get a bad rep for being "stupid" and high maintenance, ask Lauren Katlin. 

I'm still stuck on how Hadassah did not know what "profile" meant. It's not just a modeling term, dear. Has she never heard of this even in the pageant world? I would have kept that one to myself.

Also...I loved Dallas...so cute...so gone.

I'm very here for Justin and Mame.

• Love 3

I was surprised by how borderline legit Tyra's lesson was. The way she presented it was dumb and felt very much like trying to make "fetch" happen (as per usual with her made up modeling terms) but behind all of that silliness, I had to begrudgingly acknowledge that there were hints of some actually helpful posing tips. And yes, the animal comparisons probably did make it easier to understand and remember the poses.

The guys are mostly assholes. The ones who aren't (Nyle, Justin, Dustin) are also the prettiest in my eyes.

I thought Lacey's shot wasn't that great, but I love how she looks in person although the makeup reads as a bit much. Mamé's shot wasn't that great either, but I'm still sort of impressed by her so far. She was the only one who really sold it and managed to look graceful on that stupid runway.

• Love 2

Tyra is always hilarious when she's trying to make hashtags happen, but hidden within the insanity of her animal neck lesson was actually some useful information for aspiring models. That's something this show USED to do, but hasn't in ages. Remember when Janice would say something awful and crazy, but then out of nowhere give actual useful modeling advice that they could take and apply next challenge? Ah, the good old days.

Also wonderful was the reveal that the social media bullshit has been completely excised from judging. THANK GOD! Not only does that mean no more BryanBoy, but no more grainy cam videos of people trying to outdo the judges. The more streamlined judging is nice, but I kind of miss the judges actually announcing their number scores for the model and then occasionally bickering with each other when they didn't agree. That was the only way I could justify that awful male model whose name I don't remember last season, because Kelly would basically rip into him and laugh at his opinions every week. Good times.

I was disappointed with Nyle, but he's still a front-runner. Sadly, Mike's photo did look good, even though he's a complete horse's ass. When he went to comfort Courtney before their shoot, I thought it was a continuation of their friendship after they became "cuddle buddies" (ick). So when it turned out that he was just concerned she was going to screw up his photo shoot, I was disgusted. And then back at the house when he was laughing and talking about her? Rude as hell. I was pleased to see that Bello isn't always about bringing drama for the cameras, and was actually calm and rational as he comforted Courtney and asked Mike to back off. I couldn't believe when Mike told Ava to shut up, though. This attitude is going to be a problem. I really really hope that Tyra shaves his head bald. (From the preview, it sounds like she wants to do that to Hadassah, which would also be awesome, but that's probably just misleading footage)

Stefano is also an ass. He's like a less-charming version of the lech they had last season whose name I also can't remember. He was at least cute about being a little horndog. That bit at panel when he said "As the older man, I took a leadership role in the shoot and told her what to do." Seriously? Loved that Kelly laughed right at him for that one. Especially since his picture was awful. I was also surprised how blurry it looked. I mean, I get that they wanted the lights they were wrapped in to be the main lighting source, but um, maybe adjust your shutter speed a bit? Did you not do any test shots? This guy's a professional photographer?

I'm not sorry to see that girl who was eliminated go home, but they could've cut Stefano, too, and I wouldn't have been sad. (I'm not trying to be vague to avoid spoilers, I actually don't remember her name!) :D Looking forward to makeovers where maybe she can fix some of these people so they stand out a bit more!

• Love 2

Oh man, I was hoping they'd send home jug-eared ugly ass Stefano and not Delanie.  He is not a model and not attractive as a man or a person.  UGH!

Mikey's a douche canoe.  Courtney seems a bit fragile, but that's no excuse for being an ass to both her and Ava.  And double phooey for making Bello seem like a decent person there for a moment.

Bello's picture was not great - he was saved by his eyes, but Lacey's was amazing, as was Justin's and Ava's.  Courtney's was good (I actually liked her better in that photo) and Mikey's fine, as was Dustin's.  Nyle's was okay, and Delanie's was okay too, although her bottom half did look awkward during the shoot.  Devin and Ashley were both quite good in their photo, and I don't entirely disagree with giving him top photo, although I probably would've given it to Justin or Lacey.  I thought Mame look all kinds of awkward, and not in a modelly way; Justin completely outshone her in that photo.  Stefano and Hadassah both sucked in their shots, and for me, it was a toss-up over which one of those two should go home.  But they bring the drah-mah, so of course it was drama-free Delanie, the only really modelesque one of the girls, who got cut.

I dunno, I really liked Tyra's lesson!  I felt like giving them animals to think of was a good way to get them to remember the information.

The information she gave them about how to show their necks in poses that might have otherwise not had much neck was quite useful if the hamster actually took it in - yes, I'm talkin' 'bout u, Hadassah.  I'm not so sure about using animals as a way of remembering, but it was actually one of Tyra's less idiotic recent teaches.

• Love 1

Mamé's shot wasn't that great either, but I'm still sort of impressed by her so far. She was the only one who really sold it and managed to look graceful on that stupid runway.

She is just about the only one who kept modeling until she hit the roof on the other side.  She and Delanie were pretty much the only ones who really tried to sell the runway at all, them and maybe Ava or Lacey.  The guys all basically stank at that.

• Love 1

I too am glad to see the social media scores abandoned, though I wonder about the judges' scores; why a 8.4 or a 9.3 ..... seems rather arbitrary, even more so than usual.

I don't remember seeing any of those. When they displayed the scores, all the judges and the challenge scores were whole numbers. It was only when they were averaged that you ended up with decimal points.

With apologies to all the other men on the show, all the gentlemen in this forum, and all the other gentlemen out there in the world: Stefano and Mikey are Exhibit A in the case to ban men. Tyra, I know you like hashtags, so let's try it this way: #BanMen. PLEASE.

Yes, I love how Tyra sends home the only girl of the finalists who'd meet an agency's height requirements.  Good times.  Stefano and Hadassah's photos were worse.

I also wouldn't have been upset if Larissa and I think Miguel or Gage had been cast instead of say drama queen Hadassah and either Bello or Devin but as has been said, if you've watched this show long enough you know that drama trumps all else.  Bryant gave up a full scholarship for this?  Enjoy your IG modeling fame guy.

I don't know if Mikey is really that big of a jerk or just playing for the cameras but he worked my nerves more than Bello, Devin, Stefano and Hadassah combined.

Tyra's teach wasn't bad and at least she seemed (for this first epi at least) to be engaged and giving them some actual useful advice even if it was couched in idiocy.  And yes, Hadassah doesn't know what profile means?  Okay...

The photoshoot was actually decent.  It can only get worse from here and is Tyra's boyfriend going to take all of this cycle's pictures because he's not that great of a photographer.  I'm also not loving her wardrobe and yes that panel outfit was stupid (maybe it's some Zappo's Couture?).  She did look nice at the teach as she wasn't wearing any capes or multiple pieces of outfits combined into one monstrosity.

Bring on the makeovers because wannabe models crying over their hair is never not fun.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 1

I don't remember seeing any of those. When they displayed the scores, all the judges and the challenge scores were whole numbers. It was only when they were averaged that you ended up with decimal points.

I too saw very odd scores from the individual judges because it stood out to me.  Tyra scored one "model" as a 9.3 and I remember thinking, "What the hell is that?" Go for whole and half numbers, fine, but really a 9.3?  I guess this helps make the overall scoring closer, as in now models can be separated by only 1/10th of a point! Oh the drama!!

The was not an ounce of suspense as to who would make it and who wouldn't on that catwalk... there were pretty much 3 guys we'd not seen or barely saw before.  One of the, Gage, looked adorable, but I don't think we had ever seen him before.

I hate the drama of the co-habitation and the insistence on focusing on coupling (and pretty much only straight coupling).  The guys do come across as assholes, sexist, immature (like it's their first experience being near a woman) and horny.  I find it boring and scripted and as was said a lot last season if I wanted to watch house drama, I'd watch Big Brother or whatever... There seems to be so little focus on actual modeling now (or even the pretense of modeling/photoshoots) because we need to get in the "who's sleeping with who" "who's my cuddle bunny" "who's crushing on who" crap.  I'm beyond bored.

And I LOVE that Tyra thinks her casting these idiotic men is going to change the whole face of the modeling industry so that males make as much $$ as females.  Maybe if she cast some males who had the potential to be actual "world class model" or high fashion models, but seriously... Bello? Devin? Stefano? Nope. Does she really think her cheap-ass photo shoots are gonna make anyone think, "Wow, look at that guy.  Better pay him top dollar because he was wrapped up in skinny belts and made it to the top 10 of ANTM".  I love delusion, which is why I can't stop watching this show!

The guys are mostly assholes. The ones who aren't (Nyle, Justin, Dustin) are also the prettiest in my eyes.

Co-signed.  I fear Dustin is gonna be out soon because he doesn't seem to bring any drama.  Nyle may last a bit longer, but he seems level-headed and mature (and honestly his photo wasn't that great) so bye bye... If they can create a narrative of Justin and Mame wanting to be together, then he'll stay. Which is fine by me.

I still find it so odd that on a show (half) about male models, I find most of the guys to be average to yuck.

Edited by BensBritches
  • Love 3

Why was Bello's photo considered "good"? I thought he had his same dead eyed stare he always has (unless he's bitching about his nemesis or whining about his $2 crown).

How could Hadassah not know the word & meaning of the word "profile"? She's a pageant girl, I'm pretty sure she's heard that word at least 100 times.

Ooh, next week is all makeouts and makeovers…I wish TPTB realized that the former is much less interesting than the latter.

• Love 3

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey. What a jerk. Seriously. I hope he gets the axe soon, because I cannot deal with men who act like good guys when they're actual emotionally abusive douchebags.

Mame and Lacey are definitely my favorite girls. My favorite guys are Justin, Nyle, and Bello. I'd like to see all of them do well.

I really felt for Delanie. I don't think it was her time to go. I'd have much rather seen Stefano go, because his picture was actually the worst for me.

• Love 2

Typically the eccentric Christian hippy with innumerable flower crowns would not be one of my favorite contestants on any given reality competition show but I like that Ava refuses to take any shit.

• Love 8

Stefano's ears ought to have gone with the rest of him, over Delanie "Paulina Porizkova." But the judges harped on her "lower body," AKA, "You were FAT!", so she had to go.

SO glad that Devin outdid Bello.

I don't care who will get haircuts; I just don't want them to shave Nyle!

• Love 1

SO glad that Devin outdid Bello.

Not me. I wish they'd BOTH go. A pair of real drama queens, er... kings... the both of them.

Stefano's ears ought to have gone with the rest of him, over Delanie "Paulina Porizkova." But the judges harped on her "lower body," AKA, "You were FAT!", so she had to go.

Yeah, you could almost hear the unsaid being said.

• Love 2
Does Mike see why he's SINGLE, he's a jackass. I hope Tyra chops all that hair off just for the hell of it. 

I hope she does something worse. Like a red buzz cut on one side and purple dreads on the other.  Or bald stripes. I want her to make him cry.

Stefano can and will get tons of 10% work.

What does that mean? Is that modeling industry lingo?

People like Devin who has years of modeling experiencing, does he think being on ANTM is going to open up even more doors for him?

Seems to me that anyone who is signed to six (or is it seven?) agencies and still can't get any traction in his career is probably just desperate at this point. He doesn't seem to understand that being signed to so many agencies is nothing to brag about...unless those agencies have you working regularly. Which clearly isn't' the case for him.

I was surprised by how borderline legit Tyra's lesson was.

I think that just proves that your standards have been lowered practically to the floor, as a result of watching so many seasons of this show.LOL

I was also surprised how blurry it looked. I mean, I get that they wanted the lights they were wrapped in to be the main lighting source, but um, maybe adjust your shutter speed a bit? Did you not do any test shots? This guy's a professional photographer?

Really poor photography. He and Tyra should both be embarrassed.

Mikey's a douche canoe.  Courtney seems a bit fragile, but that's no excuse for being an ass to both her and Ava. 

I was so glad when she told him to get lost and stuck to her guns. I was so afraid her insecurities would drive her to overlook all the trash he'd just been talking about her and accept his "but I'm really your friend" BS. I don't think he actually apologized, did he?

Yes, I love how Tyra sends home the only girl of the finalists who'd meet an agency's height requirements.

If you keep in mind that this show is 100% about entertainment/shock/grabbing attention, and 0% about having any success as a model, all of Tyra's decisions make sense.

Why was Bello's photo considered "good"? I thought he had his same dead eyed stare he always has

The striking contrast between his eye and skin colors will allow him to coast for a good long while in this competition, without having to do any actual work.  It will be interesting to see if he can or will put some effort into it once all the weak ones are weeded out and it gets more competitive. 

Typically the eccentric Christian hippy with innumerable flower crowns would not be one of my favorite contestants on any given reality competition show but I like that Ava refuses to take any shit.

I was really glad she stood up to him. And she gave great face during the photoshoot.

• Love 1

Yes, Bello's eyes are going to be doing the heavy lifting for him for quite a few episodes, I suspect...

I also was kind of impressed with Ava, much to my surprise. Her hippy-dippy flower crowns and religious background had me expecting a totally different storyline for her. 

• Love 1

I don't care who will get haircuts; I just don't want them to shave Nyle!

I don't think they're going to do much with Nyle during makeovers, IMO he's just about perfect. They may shave his scruff but that's about it, dark hair works for him so don't know what else they can do with him. He may end up being like C12 Natalie where they do absolutely nothing. 

I really hope Tyra don't fuck Dustin up, and please no fake beards like she gave Denzel cause that was just fugly as hell. If she does mess up Dustin, I will sign up to twitter and ream her out to where she'll block me lol.  

Just like I was happy with Bryant's elimination, I will be very happy with Devin, Hadassah, Bello, Mike, & Stefano's eliminations. These men need to realize that they can't have these types of attitudes in the modeling world. Being a misogynistic jerk isn't going to fly in the fashion world. 

Edited by ShadowSixx

Another round of applause for getting rid of the social media scoring. While it is true that social media is important to maintaining and propelling a modeling career these days (some contracts even require Instagram posts and tweets) models aren’t chosen that way, it’s agents and bookers and other industry professionals. However, I hate that that even without social media scoring, there are still no judges deliberations. AusNTM uses this system too, but there’s is much more transparent.

Yes, I love how Tyra sends home the only girl of the finalists who'd meet an agency's height requirements. Good times. 

I said the same exact thing the moment she was cut. I just had to deep sigh and shrug my shoulders. My goodness, Bello is shorter than her. Still, I didn’t want to see Stefano go home either, because though he’s arrogant, he has the look and the height. He needs to learn how to work his face though, when he looked towards the camera all I saw were crazy eyes when I want to guess that he was going for intensity.

I though Tyra’s teach was pretty good. It still has her crazypants Tyra-isms, but there were some jewels in there. I’ve long since given up on ever seeing her Cycles 1-3 style teaches again. I think these teaches rub me the wrong way because I feel like they’re the result of budget cuts and constraints rather than the genuine sort of mentorship I thought she, Janice, and Paulina offered before.

Mikey and his…. I’ll call them dynamics towards Courtney were a bit unsettling. He can kick rocks in open-toed shoes.

Justin for the win.

Seems to me that anyone who is signed to six (or is it seven?) agencies and still can't get any traction in his career is probably just desperate at this point. He doesn't seem to understand that being signed to so many agencies is nothing to brag about...unless those agencies have you working regularly. Which clearly isn't' the case for him.

Devin is clearly trying to create his own narrative rather than relying on one the show might have assigned him.  I say "trying" though, because he's failing. The show isn't overtly saying he's a poseur, but I think there's a sense that he and that Bello person are both total morons--a pair of catty queens creating a drama nobody else cares about.  

These "agencies" he's "signed with" are probably just code-talk for places that have given him one-off assignments. And he's describing being in their files as "signed with".  That's not what that phrase really means. He's doesn't have contracts with these places.

• Love 3

Yes, I love how Tyra sends home the only girl of the finalists who'd meet an agency's height requirements.  Good times.  Stefano and Hadassah's photos were worse.

I also wouldn't have been upset if Larissa and I think Miguel or Gage had been cast instead of say drama queen Hadassah and either Bello or Devin but as has been said, if you've watched this show long enough you know that drama trumps all else.  Bryant gave up a full scholarship for this?  Enjoy your IG modeling fame guy.

I don't know if Mikey is really that big of a jerk or just playing for the cameras but he worked my nerves more than Bello, Devin, Stefano and Hadassah combined.

Tyra's teach wasn't bad and at least she seemed (for this first epi at least) to be engaged and giving them some actual useful advice even if it was couched in idiocy.  And yes, Hadassah doesn't know what profile means?  Okay...

The photoshoot was actually decent.  It can only get worse from here and is Tyra's boyfriend going to take all of this cycle's pictures because he's not that great of a photographer.  I'm also not loving her wardrobe and yes that panel outfit was stupid (maybe it's some Zappo's Couture?).  She did look nice at the teach as she wasn't wearing any capes or multiple pieces of outfits combined into one monstrosity.

Bring on the makeovers because wannabe models crying over their hair is never not fun.

Tyra's boyfriend is the photographer?  I guess she can't get any professionals since she booted Nile.

Hadassah's photo was hilarious to me because her body practically telegraphed that she wanted nothing to do with Devin, let alone being tied to him for the sake of a photo.  They aren't looking at each other and she seemed to be straining in the belts to get away from him.  Did he stink that day? I wonder about the strangest things on this show.

Bryant. Who gives up a full ride scholarship for the possibility of a legit modeling career?  Idiot.

• Love 1

I think they cut Delani because she is borderline plus size and therefore is too big to be a regular model, too tall for petite modeling, and too small for plus size modeling. Pity cos she has the most beautiful face. Maybe she can gain some weight back and be a great plus size model.

Miley and Stefano are assholes. I hope Mikey gets all his hair cut next week. Haddasah is an idiot. I hope she gets the C9 Bianca makeover: bald.

Can't believe Devin got best photo! His lazy eyes are so extreme that at certain angles they are looking in 2 completely different directions! He and Bello can both leave anytime. Although since Devin is this season's Angelea and Bello is this season's Jade/Old Lisa, they are going to stay until the bitter end. Knowing this show, the final 2 will probably turn out to be Devin and Bello.

Dustin and Nyle are cute, but they don't seem to really know how to model. I think Dustin is not long for this competition.

Courtney's teeth really stood out this episode and not in a good way. Granted, she takes good photos, but those teeth are really poking out of her mouth and she is short so I really don't see her making it that far.

I think Mame is the most gorgeous model this cycle. She and Justin do make a beautiful couple too.

Glad Bryant the muscle douche was eliminated before the top 14! Dallas was kinda chubby I thought, more like a football player than a model. He was cute though.

Edited by Mattipoo
I think they cut Delani because she is borderline plus size and therefore is too big to be a regular model, too tall for petite modeling, and too small for plus size modeling. Pity cos she has the most beautiful face. Maybe she can gain some weight back and be a great plus size model.

Meh, if she's serious about modeling and doesn't want to go the plus size route (since her storyline was all about her having lost 30 pounds) I find it hard to believe an agency wouldn't do what it's done with pretty much every ANTM girl that's been signed and tell her to lose weight...

• Love 1

Is this show for real? The "scoring" system is now stupider than ever. The judges, now, are able to vote tenths of a point; what does a 8.3 even means??!?!?! I was having trouble since all this started, and i just kept asking my self, what makes a 10? or an 8? or a freaking 7? I just hate the number 7 in the scale, don't know why, maybe because it's the middle of a middle.

How, HOW, in this mash up between math and modeling, are you able to score a model like "yeah, she's kinda 7.2ish to me", "Oh HELL NO!, she's def a 7.4, just look at that bone structure!". I mean COME ON?! What's the math behind this? Oh yeah, NONE, it's just a stupid system to keep everyone looking at the hideous bottom two flipping numbers screen in order to get more suspense. 

I've been a fan of this show since day one, and it saddens me how the focus of the show (if it ever existed) is now gone. The girls used to be so fun; who doesn't remember allison? dominique? jade? furonda for god sake! I can't even name last cycle winner.

Now it's all about no-good-neck, and no-bad-no-no-necks, and gowls necks. Where's the creativity?  It was all so good back then when the judges just judged, and decided who's going to go. But no, of course, just like in the real world of modeling, a score is more meaningful, because a tenth of a point can make you a model, or not. 

Regarding Courtney I wonder if Tyra will give her the Dani treatment, in making her go the dentist to get her teeth "fixed" because they didn't like Dani's gap but she loved Chelsea's gap which I was completely confused on. She didn't like the way Dani spoke either but didn't get onto Jaslene about the way she speaks. 

Hadassah is not only reminding me of C5 Cassandra but she's also reminding me of C1 Robin, because Robin use to be a pageant girl and she was annoying. 

Long are the days when the cycles actually concentrated on the modeling aspects of becoming a model. ANTM started losing it's credibility around C9. I know Tyra tries to bring something different to each cycle but sometimes it's over the top cheesy and some see why the fashion world doesn't take ANTM seriously. Tyra tries to make her Tyra-isms work when they don't because Regina George would have some words for her:846675.gif

None of these models are going to go on a photoshoot after ANTM and quote no neck monsters and turtles, etc. to photographers and fashion designers.

I really miss Jay Manuel, I like him more than the creative director they have now.  

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2

Regarding Courtney I wonder if Tyra will give her the Dani treatment, in making her go the dentist to get her teeth "fixed" because they didn't like Dani's gap but she loved Chelsea's gap which I was completely confused on. 

I'm not an orthodontist, but I doubt Courtney's teeth can be fixed quickly enough for the show's time frame. I know people who had much less severe buck teeth and still needed to wear braces for two years to correct them.

Regarding the scoring, not only are the decimal points stupid and completely arbitrary, but having the scores announced at the end and not during the critiques reeks of manipulation. What would make the most sense is for each judge to stack-rank the photos, with the least favorite getting one point and the most favorite getting as many points as there were photos that week. But of course then we wouldn't have the drama and suspense of the bottom two's numbers reveal at the end, so we can't have a scoring that makes sense.

• Love 2
Bryant. Who gives up a full ride scholarship for the possibility of a legit modeling career?  Idiot.

What aspiring male model who is like 5' 6" gives up a full ride scholarship for a modelling opportunity?  Oh, I forgot, Tyra is going to "Change" the industry...

Maybe someone will jump out during makeovers.

Ok, its time to start up the annual Peed-On-Snow pool.  My vote goes for BELLO.  The eyes and the white/hair--Tyra likes to go for "Alien" (ie Kari et al) and Bello would be "alien" with those eyes if he were platinum.

Stefano can and will get tons of 10% work.

What does that mean? Is that modeling industry lingo?

Tyra said male models are paid 10% of what female models get.

• Love 2

Is this show for real? The "scoring" system is now stupider than ever. The judges, now, are able to vote tenths of a point; what does a 8.3 even means??!?!?! I

They might as well be using a 100 point scale instead.

Really any scoring system where you really only use the top 3 numbers is kind of stupid, and in theory that's why they started to split hairs with .5 scores. The .1 scores just highlight how stupid the whole thing is, when 0-5 scores are just an illusion anyway.

Since it's all arbitrary anyway, since there's no public role anymore, and since the judges DO certainly discuss beforehand how they're scoring, frankly they should just return to calling people out in order and revealing no scores at all.

• Love 3

Ok, its time to start up the annual Peed-On-Snow pool.  My vote goes for BELLO.  The eyes and the white/hair--Tyra likes to go for "Alien" (ie Kari et al) and Bello would be "alien" with those eyes if he were platinum.

See, I could see her wanting to do the pee platinum hair with those eyes, but Bello's skin is too dark. She likes to do that with the super pale girls to create like her own albino or something. :D

Ooh, maybe she'll do it to Courtney. She'll look like a ghost. With an overbite. (And yeah, you can fix a gap by filling it in and they fixed that snaggletooth girl by yanking it out and putting in a crown, I think. But Courtney would require long-term orthodontics to slowly move her teeth into a better position. It would be nice for Tyra to give that to Courtney, but it wouldn't help her on the show!)