Type keyword(s) to search

This Is CNN (Vaulted)

Turned CNN on last night at 5:00PM or so, just in time for 'Breaking News'.  No, not the Korea missile launch - the fact that Clinton and Sanders were trading insults prior to the debate.  Seriously?    The Korea missile launch was breaking news a couple hours later.     

• Love 4

Moderation of the debate last night was just awful.  I get that they're trying to move things along and candidates are never happy to stick with their response time limits, but the constant interruptions with screeches of "Senator Saaannnddeeerrrs!  Senator Sanddeeerrrs!!!!" and "Secretary Clintooooonnnnn!!!" was nails on a chalkboard. 

• Love 5

Why does CNN bow to Wolf!?!  He thinks because his face is in nasty mode all the time he is respected as smart by the viewers?!  How often does he ask a question he KNOWS can't be answered?!  And he was screaming at them to stop screaming?  Wolf, they were not listening to you especially Clinton who shrieked in another octave only dogs can hear!  LOL  And yes I cannot stand the woman and her mannerisms drive me bananas!  Pointing at people in the audience with her "OMG I didn't know you were coming face" and shaking her fist and just talking like a politician, yuck!

Seriously, HLN is sitting there with tons of dead air, put it to good use CNN.

Even HLN is covering mostly politics during their Daily Share two hour block.  Looks like they have totally abandoned the social media angle and are just mimicking CNN during the few hours of live news coverage they air now.

ETA:  Looks like Michaela Pereira is moving over to HLN.  Hopefully the late morning slot has more focus than the current news block HLN has now.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 3

I miss the days when CNN covered more news and could be left on in the background for noise on weekends. The last time I remember enjoying the channel like that Anderson Cooper was still an anchor and hadn't yet been given Arron Brown's time slot in the primetime hours.

They may as well change HLN's name to FFN (Forensic Files Network).

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 8

CNN's breaking news today?  Melania at the voting station, which was in an indoor/outdoor atrium.  Guess that's why she needed the huuuuuge sunglasses.  I think she's getting a little full of herself (already).  Just sayin'.

• Love 4

CNN's breaking news today?  Melania at the voting station, which was in an indoor/outdoor atrium.  Guess that's why she needed the huuuuuge sunglasses.  I think she's getting a little full of herself (already).  Just sayin'.

She seems full of herself most of the time and when she does speak repeats herself anyway.  I can't imagine her being a FLOTUS with a cause!  

Speaking of wives...did anyone notice during Kasich's family town hall how he was nervously wringing his hands and picking his fingers when his wife was answering questions!?!  That man is a nervous wreck!

Jennifer Granholm was too smug by half for my taste with Chris Cuomo this morning, but she does have cute hair.

Yes her hair is cute and she is very pretty and well spoken but her idolatry of HC and her arrogance about her makes me sick.  I can't watch her and if she is on a panel, no thanks to anything she has to say!  I wonder what job she is being promised?!  LOL 

• Love 6

Wolf sure does love delivering those "Key! Race! Alerts!".  Last night several of the talking heads were having a discussion and he breaks in like, "Sorry, I have to interrupt... we have a Key! Race! Alert!  It's still early, but with 1 percent of the results in....".  Seriously?  Could that not wait 3 minutes until their conversation was over? And then 5 minutes later, "Key! Race! Alert!  With 2 percent in...".   

• Love 4

Wolf is an idiot!!!  SNL has him down pat with that serious face all the time and his stupid inane questions.  He is the worst on CNN but thinks he is the best!  And you nailed it interrupts a discussion of interest to the viewers to announce NOTHING of importance!  

• Love 3

Wolf is an idiot!!!  SNL has him down pat with that serious face all the time and his stupid inane questions.  He is the worst on CNN but thinks he is the best!  And you nailed it interrupts a discussion of interest to the viewers to announce NOTHING of importance!  

• Love 6

Here's a new one for the Wolf is a clueless idiot files:

Give Wolfie a break.  He's almost as old as I am & we encountered Hendrix when we were particularly impressionable, so we relate to him more readily than we do to Prince.   No disrespect to Prince, but Jimi was one of us.

• Love 1

No, not even the sad news coverage of Prince could totally stop the Trump coverage.

Around 4:30 pm ET, while watching Jake Tapper, he said there was other news to cover.  He then turned to a Trump story. That was it.  He had to cover a non-story about Trump, because God forbid, we can't go Trump free for even a day.

• Love 4

Well, last night's episode of The Eighties was preempted due to Prince's untimely passing.  I will have to see if it was really "Tear Down This Wall" or if it was the AIDS Crisis, when I look up on demand tonight.

I don't mean to sound cold and heartless, and I know I was shocked when I heard he had died, because he was far too young and was very talented, but he wasn't head of state, or anything like that, so a special dedicated to getting reactions from those that knew him and his career--couldn't that have been done as a special to air later?

I can understand breaking into a current show that is airing when the news first got released. And maybe I should just be grateful that for at least a wee bit, the non-stop Drumpf coverage had a cease-fire.

I shouldn't complain. Because I know I can watch this on Demand.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

^^^Completely agree!^^^  I too was shocked and saddened to hear of his death.  However, non stop coverage was OTT.  Watching anchors struggle to devote almost their entire show on it was horrible.  Nothing was reported any differently when the news actually broke to what was being reported almost a day later.  It was a whole day and night of tributes.  

• Love 2

Well shit. It's not available on demand and it looks like the AIDS crisis will be the last episode. Episode three which was preempted isn't being reaired like the second episode was two weeks ago. Even though my cable guide thought it was the next episode-the AIDS Crisis.

ManCNN really has this season fucked up. The third episode was supposed to be the AIDS crises, but instead it was Tear Down This Wall. At this point, I should ignore the cable guide. Maybe the'll air this week's episode on Thursday?

Gah.

• Love 2

I am sure they will re air it so make sure your dvr is picking up anytime and first run/re runs too.  I wasn't inspired by the 80's as I did not enjoy them so too soon for me!  LOL

Granted, it's a real disappointment compared to the previous two decades, but there were some things I wanted to see covered, and it seems it's a dedication to Reagan, blergh.  There is a two minute extra about the Challenger, Tech stuff, radio etc. I hope that doesn't mean that they won't cover the Challenger tragedy.

• Love 2
On 4/23/2016 at 4:50 PM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I am sure they will re air it so make sure your dvr is picking up anytime and first run/re runs too.  I wasn't inspired by the 80's as I did not enjoy them so too soon for me!  LOL

I have my DVR set to record all the 80s series on CNN.  I was under the impression that another quiz show was going to be done as well on the 80s hosted by Anderson Cooper *sigh* similar to the thing they did on the 70s last year.  But I haven't seen it yet.   Do you guys know anything about it?

Just now, Dirtybubble said:

I have my DVR set to record all the 80s series on CNN.  I was under the impression that another quiz show was going to be done as well on the 80s hosted by Anderson Cooper *sigh* similar to the thing they did on the 70s last year.  But I haven't seen it yet.   Do you guys know anything about it?

I haven't seen that advertised.  I was disappointed Fareed's special on ISIS "Why They Hate Us" also did not get aired so my dvr recorded their regular shows in spite of the network guide and them promoting it for the last couple of days!  So the 80's is supposed to be back on tonight at 9 but who knows!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Katydid said:

Watching Wolf with his usual dry, expressionless tone talking about Boehner's "Lucifer in the flesh"description of Cruz is cracking me up. 

I can't stand Wolf!  There was an article mentioning the number of times he interrupted the panel discussion for his KEY RACE ALERTS!  Often it was only a few minutes from the previous one.  I wish he was as good as thinks he is!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
spelling!
  • Love 1

What is going on with the 80's series? Do I have it right that there have been just three episodes aired thus far, or have I missed a few?

I've actually been learning from the episodes I've watched thus far. I wasn't alive in the 80's and history in school barely if at all covers history that recent, so there's a lot I really just don't know about that decade.

The AIDS crisis is the one thing I've studied quite a bit on my own and since it's a topic I'm very interested in I'm kind of disappointed that CNN is airing that episode last. I'm curious to see what else they'll cover, though.

1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

Does anyone know if the Gloria Vanderbilt "story" that was on CNN last night was the same as the one on HBO?

It is.

I caught the episode of 'United Shades of America' about the KKK and commended W. Kamau Bell for staying so calm around those lunatics. It was sad to see all the child related stuff they do.

• Love 1

The Eighties is just NOT holding my interest. I pretty much zoned out of "Tear Down This Wall" because again, this season is treating this decade as if Reagan was the President for all 10 years! Even with Tiananmen Square incident and the actual tearing down of the wall--which took place under Bush, there is no mention of his winning the presidency or his words when all that went down. It's all Reagan!Reagan!Reagan!  I feel like Jan Brady, whining "Marcia!Marcia!Marciaaaaaa!"

That said, I did get chills and goosebumps when they showed the people crossing, the border guards letting them, and watching the wall come down.

But so very disappointed in how this decade is being portrayed.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The Eighties is just NOT holding my interest. I pretty much zoned out of "Tear Down This Wall" because again, this season is treating this decade as if Reagan was the President for all 10 years! Even with Tiananmen Square incident and the actual tearing down of the wall--which took place under Bush, there is no mention of his winning the presidency or his words when all that went down. It's all Reagan!Reagan!Reagan!  I feel like Jan Brady, whining "Marcia!Marcia!Marciaaaaaa!"

That said, I did get chills and goosebumps when they showed the people crossing, the border guards letting them, and watching the wall come down.

But so very disappointed in how this decade is being portrayed.

That is why I couldn't watch it as there was way too much hype about friggin' Reagan, like he was some kind of God!  He ignored AIDS likely because Nancy said to!  She ran the country for the most part, makes me sick hearing about it especially now as his name is used ad nauseum by the GOP candidates and no one can beat Jeff Lord for his undying idol worship of that ahole!  YUCK!

• Love 7
(edited)

I liked it better last year...because it wasn't the last one for President Obama. (sniffle) I'm really going to miss this First Family.

Obama out! (sniffle again) Larry Wilmore should kill this! (Or not...hmmm)

Edited by Darian
  • Love 11

Larry wasn't as good as I was hoping he'd be.  Too bad.  

But lord was I rolling my eyes during the coverage before the speech. That one reporter, Jeff Zeleny-nothing but questions of EVERYONE was: Wfat about Trunp? Will he talk about Trump? Trump!Trump!Trump!

And that Drumpf supporter blonde bimbo insisting that that blowhard is funny and can laugh at himself was also delusionally clueless.  Or that she thought that Larry should have been "nice" or "classy."

Does she realize he wasn't there to be nice?

Maroon.

• Love 5
(edited)

There was nothing funny or witty about Wilmore last night. The only thing that he said worth noting was that a black quarterback wasn't capable of leading a football team years ago but we have had a black president who was capable of leading the free world. Other than that he was terrible. The cuts to the audience, both black and white, said it all. Even the president had a forced smile during it. The first lady wasn't amused and it was obvious.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 2
(edited)

While I had heard of Larry Wilmore, I had never seen any of his work before last night.  I think he might have been nervous in the beginning, (which is understandable) but he got a little better as time went on.  He still wasn't that good though.  I thought his best lines were about Ted Cruz and the "Zodiak killer" routine. 

I think part of the problem is that President Obama is naturally funny and can be a hard act for any comedian to follow.  That being said, I think he deserved a better, funnier comedian for his last WHCD.  Maybe Seth Myers again so they could tag-team on Donald Trump one last time before Obama dropped the mic.  

Or Chris Rock.  He would've killed it.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 3