Type keyword(s) to search

This Is CNN (Vaulted)

Or they dumped him. They all picked a strange time for vacay.

I missed it. I had to change the channel. The previous segment was too much talkover and Trump economic-representative smug. That seems to be a pattern with his reps.

• Love 1

Brooke Baldwin do no allow that thug who calls himself a pastor, Darrell Scott, to take over the interview.  He continues to interrupt Symone Sanders, yet when he speaks she shuts her mouth to let him finish.  Meanwhile you allow him to cut her off and yell over her.  I'm am so sick of these reporters  allowing these surrogates to be rude.  That's why Lemon got points with me last night handling Conway.  Darrell Scott is absolutely gross.  When I look at him I see him sleeping with every damn short skirt in his flock.  He truly does make my skin crawl. He's a bully, and that's a characteristic of the entire campaign that they can't wash off as far as I can see mainly because they lack humility. He reminds me of nothing but a sleazy pastor. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, represent said:

Brooke Baldwin do no allow that thug who calls himself a pastor, Darrell Scott, to take over the interview.  He continues to interrupt Symone Sanders, yet when he speaks she shuts her mouth to let him finish.  Meanwhile you allow him to cut her off and yell over her.  I'm am so sick of these reporters  allowing these surrogates to be rude.  That's why Lemon got points with me last night handling Conway.  Darrell Scott is absolutely gross.  When I look at him I see him sleeping with every damn short skirt in his flock.  He truly does make my skin crawl. He's a bully, and that's a characteristic of the entire campaign that they can't wash off as far as I can see mainly because they lack humility. He reminds me of nothing but a sleazy pastor. 

Indeed!

I went back to CNN after @Medicine Crow's post and was able to handle about 3 minutes of that ... person. The looks on the counterpoint's face were priceless and I'm sure mirrored my own. Thanks for the info. He was detestable.

Brooke seems to be better at minimizing crosstalk than most. But I'm new to CNN. I usually watch MSNBC but, Rio. Not a summer Olympics person. I think the Housewives have less talkover so I've been more Bravo's bitch today. With a quick side of CNN during some commercials.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm now watching CNN & Trump has his "team" gathered around a board room table.  Question:  Did Trump "dump" his kids??

I don't think he would ever dump his kids but maybe they are background while the new team gets some press?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I don't think he would ever dump his kids but maybe they are background while the new team gets some press?

They're barely even waaay in the background.

Ivanka and Jared are in Croatia.

And I think the boys are off killing more innocent animals.

Hopefully someone on one of these "news" networks will report on that. NYPost,WashPo and The Hill and others are all reporting it.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I am surprised and shocked they haven't gone after those boys and their f'ing trophy hunting!!  Disgusting and shameful senseless killings!

Yet animal rights activists have shown up to harass Hillary at least twice at her events, go figure.  You know everything including all natural disasters are Hillary's fault.  I died laughing when she rightly fought back and shouted out that they must be talking about Trump's kids. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I went to Oprah's Facebook & it does not allow you to post a comment.  Strange!!??  I was going to ask her why she wasn't supporting Hillary (or did I miss something)?

I could have sworn she threw her support toward Hillary during the primaries. Yeah, because I remember her getting called out by the opposition for implying that she was supporting Hillary just because she was a woman, I definitely remember that. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, represent said:

I could have sworn she threw her support toward Hillary during the primaries. Yeah, because I remember her getting called out by the opposition for implying that she was supporting Hillary just because she was a woman, I definitely remember that. 

Oh great, I didn't see that.  Yay Oprah!!!

CNN has tons of panels with surrogates but never surrogates from the Liberterian or Green Party. Why? Does these folks not have surrogates?  Adding another person or two to the panels couldn't make it any more of a shit circus. 

Brooke Baldwin, CNN, why don't you do your job and while you're reporting about Zika,  fucking explain how Obama had to tap into the cancer research fund because congress won't do it's job. They are on vacation and won't pass the bill for funding. That's why Florida isn't getting enough funds, don't ask your resident doctor. Now the question is why does a nobody citizen like me know this, yet you the journalist don't. Could it be I get my news from other credible news sources? The answer would be yes.  When you report on the damn government you better make sure you are specific as to who exactly in the government is at fault you asswipes.

• Love 8

Again dumbass Brooke Baldwin and CNN, don't try to compare Louisiana  to Katrina which was the worse, not Hurricane Sandy for that matter, both disasters were well handled by Obama. Citizens were not left to suffer for day without aide. When I see bloated dead bodies floating in the water for days, houses marked to indicate that there are dead bodies in them, shelters lined with filth, guns pointed at citizens trying to cross a bridge into the next town for help because no other vehicles were coming to rescue them...yeah, when you start reporting that then it will be OK to say WTF Obama?  The citizens of Louisiana in no way had to wait and stand around like the did under the republican president during Katrina asking where the aide was, sorry, nice try.  Keep playing golf Obama, stay out of the way with your obnoxious motorcade until shit settles down, then take your ass down there. All  Trump needed was a couple of tiny little American flags on his vehicle to make his phony attempt to look like he's got a presidential motorcade on the way to console the people complete.  Sitting around his board room table with his "cabinet" holding a little piece of paper in his hand yet unable to hide an expression on his face that looked like he was suffering from dementia, fucking mouth ajar, spaced the fuck out, not saying a word nor looking at the sorry as paper in his hand.  Hillary Clinton needs to stay the hell away too nobody needs your damn motorcade either, and with calls from your opponent to assassinate you, you'd pull a bunch of first responders away from helping the people of Louisiana. 

This is why by black vote is off limits, keep making false equivalents when it comes to Obama.  And if you want the black vote you might want to stop pissing off the black woman because we're the ones in our communities who vote the most.  Ben Carson pisses me off, if I had a child I wouldn't want them to know anything about Ben Carson when it came to teaching them black history. He's an embarrassment, if my brain was open on the operating table he'd be the last surgeon I'd want operating on it. I'd rather have John Kasich come on and talk about the black community than listen to fucking Ben Carson, he offends me.  If they insist on have people who don't know what the fuck they are talking about speak on the matter don't bring his nutty ass on to do it. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yes, that's one of the reasons I enjoy him, but I like the way he gets right to the point & doesn't let people carry on with the B.S.

Glad to see others' happy to see Savidge. I just turned on CNN--kind of dreading which annoying host it would be--and was pleasantly surprised to see him.  I didn't even know he was still with CNN. Great voice and look, very professional. Would it be too much to hope he could replace Blitzer?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Padma said:

Glad to see others' happy to see Savidge. I just turned on CNN--kind of dreading which annoying host it would be--and was pleasantly surprised to see him.  I didn't even know he was still with CNN. Great voice and look, very professional. Would it be too much to hope he could replace Blitzer?

OMG THAT would be heaven!!!

• Love 1

I was watching State of the Union today. Dana Bash was filling in for Jake Tapper. She couldn't control Corey Lewandowski who was yelling at another panelist over Trump's outreach to African Americans. What's the point of all the yelling?

I prefer the Anthony Bourdain show. There is no yelling & the food & alcohol & exotic scenery is much better to watch than a shoutfest. Bourdain even gets to have a beer with President Obama according to the season trailers.

• Love 5

This morning, as usual, it's all about Trump.  Evidently no one else is running for president.

Showing the clip of Rudy Giuliani telling us all we have to do is google "Hillary and mental illness" is so insane, I have to wonder who has Rudy's straight jacket and when will he be returned to the asylum?

Edited by stormy
  • Love 6

Brianna Keilar is going a pretty good job filling in for Wolf. She is at least attempting to call out some inaccuracies and hypocrisies with the Trump surrogates. Plus I kind of love her for her deadpan "all of them" comeback last week after what's-his-name denied Trump tanking in the polls. 

As for the most recent garbage they're trying to float about Hillary's health, I wish someone would not only harshly call them out on their unsubstantiated BS, but also for the underlying ableism they're exhibiting. They're using medical and mental health conditions as weapons, insults, and disqualifiers. Do they even realize that we've had many successful presidents with various health conditions? Of course the biggest problem is that they have no real evidence that Hillary even has any health issues, but as someone with a disability myself it irks me that no one calls them out on it. 

Edited by Katydid
Spelling
  • Love 9

Hello all, new lurker to this forum. Did anyone catch AC this evening? The panel was discussing how Trump's outreach to the black community would have a bit more credibility if he actually, you know, made his remarks in front of a black audience. Corey Lewandowski (jack-hole) piped in to use the excuse of what happened in Chicago during the primaries as an example as to why Trump (birther-in-chief) continues to make his pitch in front of a candidate friendly crowd. Yes, it is far too dangerous for the law & order candidate  to venture beyond his comfort zone to give more than just lip service to a community whose votes he is trying to garner.  Hey Trump "What do you have to lose?" 

• Love 4

Ah, sometimes if you stay up late enough you get some good stuff.  Don was discussing the health issue last night, and to my complete shock, both Kayleigh and that Andre guy (former SC Lt. Gov.- I forget his last name) were less than enthusiastic about their fellow Trumpers, like Rudy, pushing the issue on Hillary's made up health problems.  And Andre made the point that a doctor's evaluation and diagnosis, if there is one, still doesn't necessarily mean the person is unfit to be president.  Bingo!!! He even made the comment that under those criteria FDR, whom he said was a favorite president of his, would have been disqualified. 

As for the black community "outreach", it's so obvious that what his real audience is people who are not of color who may be on the fence about him due to the offensive way he's handled minority groups in the past, but who are willing to accept any superficial gesture from him so they can say, "See, he's not racist at all! He SAID he's not, so it must be true!" Kind of like how he keeps talking about being a friend to the LGBT community when he's representing a party that actually has things written into their platform that say the opposite.   

• Love 5

I have really been enjoying watching Brianna Keilar as she fills in for Wolf these last couple of weeks.  She is certainly taking full advantage of all this extra on-air time to prove that she has the chops to totally hold her own.  Good on her!   I would love to see her get her own show!  How about Carol Costello's 9-11 a.m. time slot?  My ears would so love that!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I have really been enjoying watching Brianna Keilar as she fills in for Wolf these last couple of weeks.  She is certainly taking full advantage of all this extra on-air time to prove that she has the chops to totally hold her own.  Good on her!   I would love to see her get her own show!  How about Carol Costello's 9-11 a.m. time slot?  My ears would so love that!

I SO agree with you!!!

• Love 2

Gah. I've been watching Wolf's return for less than half an hour and already want to scream. I swear it's as if Trump is paying him. He started off trying to make Huma Abedin's separation an issue for Hillary (as Trump is, naturally). Then he moved on to grilling a Hillary supporter on the freakin' emails. Again. 

• Love 2
On 8/29/2016 at 1:15 PM, Medicine Crow said:

OMG, kill.me.now ..... Wolfe is back!!!

Ever notice how often he says the word "presumably?"  No?  Well, sorry to point this out to you because now you will notice how many times he says it.  Nails on a chalkboard.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 3

The Donald was doing a Q&A on CNN a shot while ago & he said that the refugees flooding North in Europe had cell phones that had photos of the ISIS flag, along with a whole string of bald-faced lies that the guy interviewing him did not challenge or refute.  Meanwhile, there's a PIP of Hillary speaking elsewhere, but I couldn't listen to Donald's B.S. long enough to see Hillary.

• Love 2

I stayed away from CNN over the holiday weekend, but I've fallen off the wagon and started watching again and my blood is already boiling. They're really playing up that poll (CNN's own poll) because they need a dead heat in order to amp up the drama for ratings. I fear how they will handle their debate, though I'm glad it's going to be Anderson moderating rather than Wolf.

• Love 7

Gloria just said she thinks Gary Johnson not knowing what Aleppo is should disqualify him from running for president. OK, but has nothing the Orange One done disqualified him in her eyes? I'm going to guess there's A LOT of basic information he should know that he doesn't, but seeing as how no one seems willing to really grill him about anything and set the bar so low, who knows?!?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Why does Rebecca Berg smile through everything she says?   She can be sitting there discussing some seriously dire topic and she still sits there with that freaky smile on her lips. 

Thank God I am not the only one who that bugs!!  Give her a lemon to suck before she goes on air, anything to wipe that constant friggin' smile off her face!   

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Thank God I am not the only one who that bugs!!  Give her a lemon to suck before she goes on air, anything to wipe that constant friggin' smile off her face!   

LOL!!  It was driving me really crazy one day, so much so that I got online and googled to see if anyone else was being driven insane by this or was it just me (recently unemployed with a lot of/too much free time on my hands) and I found 2 mentions of it -- one was a tweet that someone had sent her and another was a comment that had been written on her facebook page that she deleted.  

• Love 3

I don't normally watch Ashleigh Banfield, but I caught her show today, and I loved her disgust at the "Hillary didn't smile" crap that Reince Preibus put out.  Ashleigh was all, "Here's a (fake) smile.  But I'm a TV anchor.  Not someone wanting to be Commander-in-Chief." 

Which reminds me, the news organizations keep using this very flattering still photo of The Donald with a pearly smile in their promos, when every time I see him in motion, he's got a permascowl with his jaw jutting out (very Mussolini-esque), or a smirk.

• Love 8
  • Christy and Victor spent more than 30 minutes this morning discussing Hillary's comment "basket of deplorables" describing Trump's supporters.
  • Oh the horror.  While I wish she wouldn't lower herself to their level, she was talking about the same people that shook their fists in defiance screaming "lock her up" at their classy convention, one called for her execution and this week one described Trump as presidential and Hillary should be in jail after the Commander in Chief Forum on NBC.
  • Love 3

They actually pre-empted a 9/11 special I was looking to watch at 10 PM last night and went with live coverage of Hillary's health. I do realize that presidential fainting merits some media coverage, though this case does feed into a more unfortunate, sinister narrative. I don't really remember the tone of the coverage when Bush 41 fainted, though with Bush 43, it was fairly light:

• Love 1

Wiki for George H W Bush vomit incident.

CNN gets a mention:

"Shortly after the incident, an Idaho man, James Edward Smith, called CNN posing as the president's physician and claimed that Bush had died. A CNN employee entered the information into a centralized computer used by both CNN and sister network CNN Headline News, and Headline News nearly aired it before it could be verified. Smith was subsequently questioned by the Secret Service and hospitalized at a private medical facility for evaluation.[3]"

But it looks like the incident was mainly fodder for comedians.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, NewDigs said:

But it looks like the incident was mainly fodder for comedians.

I can't believe I threw up in front of the Japanese Prime Minister.

Face it, George. You threw up "on" the Japanese Prime Minister.

• Love 2

CNN - you do not have to cover Hillary's health 24/7.  It's walking pneumonia, she's not dying.   Your reporters all admit to having it on the campaign trail at one time or another.  This is a big world, is that really all there is to talk about?  I am so sick of this election. 

• Love 13