Type keyword(s) to search

This Is CNN (Vaulted)

Agreed!!! Both Wolf and Don Lemon are horrible news anchors/reporters.   I would rather watch Wolf over Don though.... Don Lemon just pisses me off when I watch him.

But --- I do love Anderson Cooper!!  He's one of the only reasons I watch CNN.

And Christine Amanpour when she's on. 

PS: I can't be alone in my Chris Cuomo hate, can I? He makes every story seem it's about him and his reactions to it, even if he never says so explicitly.

• Love 4

How many hours is CNN going to devote to Trump's asinine anti-Muslim BS?

I've lost track.  But I turned it off because they're giving him the free publicity he feeds on.

Based on the few times Trump's been pushed off CNN airwaves since this summer, I'd say CNN's news priorities are

1. The first few days after a double or triple digit mass murder (Paris/San Bernardino)
  2. A papal visit to the US
  3. Trump
  4. Everything else
  • Love 1

I wish Brooke Baldwin would go back to black hair and update her hair style while she is at it, her hair always looks dirty!  It is hard to believe she doesn't have joint issues sitting with her legs crossed so the camera can catch her gams every shot!  LOL

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 4

Between Brooke's monotone droning voice and Carol Costellos's whiny voice, I don't know why they're each on  two hours a day.  Do they have stellar ratings?

Agree!  I keep waiting for Costello to burst into tears after EVERY.SINGLE.INTERVIEW.  She wrinkles her forehead and gets this concerned look on her face while she whines her comments.  I have been enjoying her absence this week.  I wish we had more Pamela Brown and Brianne.  

• Love 3

Anyone else not a Kathy Griffin fan?  I would love to be able to watch a CNN New Year's Eve, but I just can't watch her antics for more than 5 minutes.  The faster and louder she talks, the tighter my nerves get.

Also, CNN, I know 2016 is an election year - but you've been the Trump Channel for the last 7 or 8 months.  How is 2016 going to be any different?

• Love 4

Anyone else not a Kathy Griffin fan?  I would love to be able to watch a CNN New Year's Eve, but I just can't watch her antics for more than 5 minutes.  The faster and louder she talks, the tighter my nerves get.

Also, CNN, I know 2016 is an election year - but you've been the Trump Channel for the last 7 or 8 months.  How is 2016 going to be any different?

I am totally an Anderson Cooper fan.   I love him..but Kathy Griffin gets on my last nerve.   I think if they just find him a different side-kick on new years it would be a great show.  

• Love 4

I tried several times last night to watch Anderson who I love but Griffin for 3.5 hours too??!!  GMAB. She is too obnoxious for me for any length of time.  I do like how she brings out his silly side but I don't want to watch Anderson giggling for that length of time either.  

• Love 3

I like Kathy Griffin just fine,  and we record this show every year. I enjoy not just her teasing, but that all the giggling aside, Anderson's goat is not really gettable.  But I do think that three and a half hours (!!!????!!) is way too much of a good thing.   It was more enjoyable  when it was 90 minutes or so.  Also, what happened with the drag queen dropping into the shoe in Key West  -  they didn't show that this year, or did I just miss it somehow?

I mean, it's sad when a trainwreck-drunk CNN anchor is more memorably fun than Kathy and Anderson.  I did like the forced spray tanning - the spoons were the best part - the game way he just grabbed them and placed them over his eyes.  So funny..

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 6

Yeah, I've found that the way to go is to record CNN and start playing it back about an hour before midnight. By the time I FF all the commercials and the (IMHO) boring location stuff, I get a good hour of Kathy making Anderson giggle before it's time for the ball drop. Makes for a fun, entertaining NYE at home, at least for me.

• Love 3

Finally found some comments about CNN's NYE show. I really dislike all the "boring location stuff" mentioned above, as well as all the going down to Times Square to interview random people. Yawn. If they shortened it up to include just entertainment and Kathy and Anderson, I'd like it better. Not sure I'll tune in next year. Oh yeah -- I'd like Kathy to keep her clothes on too. She has a great shape, but please -- stawp it!!

• Love 2

OMG me too!!!!!  I recorded it to give it another go but not sure I care!

I was part way through when Downton Abbey came on, so .....   Maybe I'll watch the rest later, but didn't find the first part that interesting.

When was Don Lemon pie-eyed?

• Love 1

He commented on Griffin's rack and comments were made he was enjoying himself and Baldwin's face was tell tale but who knows!  

IMO, he was only giving her what she was looking for .... a compliment ... why else would she do that????  (She does look great!!!)

• Love 3

If you never saw the PBS American Experience episode The Silicon Valley, it's well worth watching if it's repeated or on another form of media.

This is a subject that's as dry as Steve Jobs but so well put together, I watched it twice,

If you never saw the PBS American Experience episode The Silicon Valley, it's well worth watching if it's repeated or on another form of media.

This is a subject that's as dry as Steve Jobs but so well put together, I watched it twice,

I watched the CNN show about Steve Jobs & found it quite boring, but it was interesting to see what a jerk he was in real life.  Thanks for the heads-up on the PBS episode.

• Love 4

Wolf is an idiot. In The Situation Room today, he interviewed Secretary of State John Kerry.

Besides the fact that he did an awful job and continually interrupted him, he had the nerve to say to John Kerry, "Donald Trump says you're the worse negotiator." What do you say?

John Kerry laughed it off even as Wolf pressed him a couple of more times.

I turned the channel to TV Land to watch Andy Griffith.

• Love 7

Wolf is an idiot. In The Situation Room today, he interviewed Secretary of State John Kerry.

Besides the fact that he did an awful job and continually interrupted him, he had the nerve to say to John Kerry, "Donald Trump says you're the worse negotiator." What do you say?

John Kerry laughed it off even as Wolf pressed him a couple of more times.

I turned the channel to TV Land to watch Andy Griffith.

OMG funny you should make this comment because I said almost the exact same words to a friend minutes ago!!!  Wolf is an ass, asks stupid questions with a straight poker face like that makes it newsworthy or something!  And he also asks questions it is premature to know yet like when it really is breaking news and a shooter has taken hostages, no idea why, no idea who he is but sharp Wolf asks "do we know who it is and do we have a motive?"  He is as dumb as a bag of rocks!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 4

I tried several times last night to watch Anderson who I love but Griffin for 3.5 hours too??!!  GMAB. She is too obnoxious for me for any length of time.  I do like how she brings out his silly side but I don't want to watch Anderson giggling for that length of time either.  

I know I'm late to the party for this but I have to agree with previous posters about the Anderson & Griffin duo on NYE.  GAH Cathy Griffin so damn obnoxious IMO I just can't stand more than a few minutes of her.  There are several videos of him and her on youtube where she is in Anderson's house just behaving like a goof.  The videos are only 5-7 minutes long but lawd I can't even sit through that.  I watch though because I just adore A.C. AND speaking of him....

Did any of you guys see the special "The Person Who Changed My Life"?  On CNN Sunday?  Since I don't really give a toot about the other anchors I FF thru A LOT of it but loved the piece done on Anderson's dad!  yay.  And did I hear correctly he and his mom did a documentary and book on his life??  I will have to keep a look out for that.

• Love 4
And did I hear correctly he and his mom did a documentary and book on his life??  I will have to keep a look out for that.

Don't know about their book, but Anderson and Gloria Vanderbilt's documentary, Nothing Left Unsaid, will be on HBO in April.  I'm sure CNN will reair it, they have shown other HBO docs before.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 2

They have spent way too much time discussing Donald Trump not coming to the debate.  It's 30 minutes tops to discuss the situation... then move on.  They didn't cover Rand Paul to that extent when he refused to come to the undercard debate.   When there's nothing new to report, we don't need it discussed all day long. 

• Love 5

Don't know about their book, but Anderson and Gloria Vanderbilt's documentary, Nothing Left Unsaid, will be on HBO in April.  I'm sure CNN will reair it, they have shown other HBO docs before.

Thanks for the T!  And yeah CNN will air it later in month as well which is good because I don't have HBO.  Here's a little more tidbits on it. http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2016/01/07/anderson-cooper-and-mom-gloria-vanderbilt-publish-joint-memoir/78422364/

They have spent way too much time discussing Donald Trump not coming to the debate.  It's 30 minutes tops to discuss the situation... then move on.  They didn't cover Rand Paul to that extent when he refused to come to the undercard debate.   When there's nothing new to report, we don't need it discussed all day long.

WORD!  But it's not just CNN--I switch channels between GMA and CBS This Morning and both were non stop gab about the Donald. 

• Love 4

Did CNN broadcast Trump's event last night? At least Rachel Maddow had a great piece about his lack of integrity re: giving money to veterans back in September--choosing a guy, not even a group, in  a very fishy situation. Nothing about that from CNN that I can see.  And it sounds from people they interviewed "switching between Trump and the debate" that they were watching his "event" on free CNN broadcast. Who else gets this kind of treatment?

And today they seemed determined to make it seem that the "second lowest ratings" for a debate was some kind of success  for Trump's boycott.   (To me that could have just as easily been interpreted as a failure for Trump's boycott. People STILL tuned in, even without him. Also, content-wise, it was so much better. But it was still "all Trump, all the time" today. Disgraceful. 

• Love 5

Are you guys gonna watch the Iowa caucus tonight on CNN?  I will make a point to tune in to CNN just because I adore A.C. and would listen to anything he has to say =)  I think they are doing nonstop airing of the results while the local channels will just be checking in every now and then between the regular t.v. show.  *sigh* that's A LOT of repeat stuff though...

• Love 1

Change of subject here ---  Did anyone watch the documentary on the two part special on the The Eagles.   I watched the entire 4 hour special on Saturday night and let me tell you, it was fantastic.  I was raised in the 70's/80's and love The Eagles.   Don Henley and Glenn Fry were great song writers.   Lot's of tension between the band members.  They talked about how successful Henley/Fry were in the 80's era and the the band's comeback in the 90's.   I would highly recommend everyone to watch it when they air it again.    No one makes music or writes songs like that anymore.... it brought back a lot of memories for me.     My only regret was that I never saw them in concert. 

• Love 4

Change of subject here ---  Did anyone watch the documentary on the two part special on the The Eagles.   I watched the entire 4 hour special on Saturday night and let me tell you, it was fantastic.  I was raised in the 70's/80's and love The Eagles.   Don Henley and Glenn Fry were great song writers.   Lot's of tension between the band members.  They talked about how successful Henley/Fry were in the 80's era and the the band's comeback in the 90's.   I would highly recommend everyone to watch it when they air it again.    No one makes music or writes songs like that anymore.... it brought back a lot of memories for me.     My only regret was that I never saw them in concert. 

Yes MissT, I recorded both parts & watched Part 1.  It was excellent & I learned a lot about The Eagles that I didn't know.  I'll be watching Part 2 tonight.  I would have liked to see them in concert too, but the opportunity never presented itself. 

• Love 2

FYI

PTV recap of the History of the Eagles when it first aired on Showtime

PTV thread for the documentary.

I was happy to see that CNN had David Gregory on last night.

Like Chuck Todd is doing such a great job filling Tim Russert's  shoes.  :(

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1

I couldn't stand David Gregory on MTP and throughout the Bush years. Such softballs for Republicans while trying to show how "tough" he was whenever a Democrat came on. I know a lot of people still don't like Chuck Todd, but I've actually gotten to like him since he's been the host there--he's a lot more knowledgeable than Gregory and fairer as well.

Good to know David Gregory has landed at CNN where I'll probably never see him. (I tried watching some of the CNN election coverage last night--enjoyed the Iowa map and demographics, but had to turn back to MSNBC during the discussions--which weren't helped at all by having another former MSNBC-er there, SE.Cupp. Plus, there were just too many on their panel. What was it? 8? 10? Plus all the CNN people. Not enough time for most of the panelists to say much of anything once someone more aggressive (like Cupp or Begaa) grabbed the floor.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 2

I remember David Gregory from when he filled in for Matt Lauer on the Today show.  Liked him a lot and thought he held his own against Meredith Vera. 

Good to know David Gregory has landed at CNN where I'll probably never see him. (I tried watching some of the CNN election coverage last night--enjoyed the Iowa map and demographics, but had to turn back to MSNBC during the discussions--which weren't helped at all by having another former MSNBC-er there, SE.Cupp. Plus, there were just too many on their panel. What was it? 8? 10? Plus all the CNN people. Not enough time for most of the panelists to say much of anything once someone more aggressive (like Cupp or Begaa) grabbed the floor.

Yeah it was kinda a goobly gook of people up there but enh I mostly tuned in simply to see who was in the lead, etc.  I don't watch CNN that much so I am unclear as the how they handle these big things but I was kinda bummed the didn't give A.C. more to do.  Every time I tuned in he was just kinda standing there listening to everyone else yammer on about this and that.  Didn't get to hear his opinions.....or is he just there to moderate and not really join in the discussion?  *shrug*  But like I said I didn't watch all 18 hours of the coverage either (!!)

• Love 1

I was flipping through the TV channels a few weeks ago and David Gregory was on Charlie Rose's PBS show. He was starting to talk about some religious journey he's been on since leaving NBC. I didn't stick around to find out much more since I've never been one of his fans. I was surprised to see him being interviewed which is why I stopped to watch for those couple minutes. After googling I see he wrote a book called “How’s Your Faith? An Unlikely Spiritual Journey”.

• Love 1

I couldn't stand David Gregory on MTP and throughout the Bush years. Such softballs for Republicans while trying to show how "tough" he was whenever a Democrat came on. I know a lot of people still don't like Chuck Todd, but I've actually gotten to like him since he's been the host there--he's a lot more knowledgeable than Gregory and fairer as well.

Well, less blatantly right wing than Gregory was but not sure I'd go as far as 'fair'.  I watched a couple of minutes of Gregory on CNN and disliked him just as much as I had on NBC so it was channel change time for me.

• Love 2

Watched a bit of their post debate coverage tonight and was ashamed of myself for even tuning in for that small amount of time.  The media is equally as responsible as Trump is for this disgraceful primary season. He stood up there on that stage tonight and acted worse than my three year old nephew with his tantrums and name calling and sneering (several of the other candidates weren't much better) and most of the CNN panel thought he had a great debate! I can't. I just can't with so many people thinking this kind of behaviour is acceptable in a civilized society.

• Love 8