Type keyword(s) to search

This Is CNN (Vaulted)

No kidding! I once read that Cnn has dozens of bureaus all over the world.  How about letting us hear regularly from these places! And around the country! Even if there's not a "tragedy of the day" there. I think it would look very different if Ted Turner had stayed in charge.

As for CNN.. I tried to watch and was excruciatingly bored with their endless rehashing of the "scandal". Tried MSNBC but can't stand Nicole Wallace. Thank goodness for CSPAN!!!!

(And great job, Senator Booker!)

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I really like the panel tonight but they can lose that rat-faced Drumpf fan.

Trump has no surrogates who are remotely likeable, they are actually viscerally hateable. At least that vitriolic shop-lifting, bullet necklace wearing, former single teen mother shrew Katrina Pierson has stopped being invited on programs. But the idiot Jeffrey Lord and big make-up drenched eyes Eeyore-ish Trump sycophant Kayleigh McEnany (despise her) are on every.single.panel. Day and night. I can only tolerate her being on when Angela Rye is because she shuts her down and I expect her to pull her rings off and beat her down. And I cheer her on.

Edited by Decoda
  • Love 6

CNN, I'm nominating Carol Costello for your stupidest host-interviewer of the year award.

She was interviewing Rep. James Clyburn (D SC) this morning and told him she had talked to Trump supporters and they say the DNC is about pitting people against each other.

He didn't get it and before he could really say anything, Carol ask, where are all the white people?

She should be banned to HLN where she does nothing but introduce episodes of The Forensic Files all day.

• Love 4

I hate tuning into CNN and the first person I see is Michelle Kosinski. She must be one of Zucker's pets because she's not that good at reporting. 

• Love 2
(edited)

This morning on New Day, Drew Griffin was reporting on his investigation into Trump's hiring of guest workers.  Old news.

I would suggest he spend some time on investigating Paul Manaforts business connections with Russia.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

I'm on the road, staying in a hotel with somewhat limited TV choices, so I'm watching the DNC on CNN.  Surprisingly, they have mostly stayed quiet, with just some short conversations during breaks between speakers.  Quite refreshing!

• Love 1

They MUST get rid of Lord ASAP.  And why was AC reviewing the convention with a 3 person panel--one supposedly neutral and two--2--who were Trump supporters (the obnoxious blonde and one other). Could we just have journalists and historians talking about the conventions? Is that really too much to hope for?  It's hard to believe the array of political hacks (Lord et al) are ratings grabbers.  There's zero question about what they will be saying, ever.

• Love 10

why was AC reviewing the convention with a 3 person panel

Only 3 ?!?    Usually there's something like 15-20 panellists (I kid), plus a moderator and someone with a 'magic board' to round it all off.  And of course, everyone yelling at the top of their lungs trying to make their partisan point!  Gives me a headache!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BennyB said:

Only 3 ?!?    Usually there's something like 15-20 panellists (I kid), plus a moderator and someone with a 'magic board' to round it all off.  And of course, everyone yelling at the top of their lungs trying to make their partisan point!  Gives me a headache!

Yes! And the 3 or4 people I actually want to hear from barely say anything! Just there for decoration, I guess.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

And Gloria (the sage...GMAB) repeats what was just said by whoever has been speaking like we are dumb listeners!  She takes up way too much airtime embellishing and nodding....she seriously bugs me!  LOL

Agreed!. Gloria is very repetitive.

• Love 2

Fredericka Whitfield is so hoping for some dramatic story to be behind this hot air balloon crash in Texas (16 killed, all people on board). I am a chicken about heights and fire gives me anxiety so you couldn't pay me to get in one, I would assume it would catch on fire and crash. They keep cutting to it as Breaking News! with her talking to FAA experts, trying to get the potential cause. The 3 she's talked to so far have said the exact same thing when she poses her question on how the basket could be in fire. I am waiting for her to question whether there was a potential terrorism cause.

• Love 3

^^^^^SOOOOO true!!!  I just tuned in and thought the exact same thing when she was grilling someone determined to get an answer from him and he clearly had none to give!  I was surprised however they called it a crime scene?     

I heard her say crime scene too! After they had just cut from the remote where it was called distinctly and clearly an accident scene. I expected the guest she had to say something, for Fred herself to make a clarification (after some lackey yelled it in her earpiece) that she had called it a crime scene and she wanted to clarify they had called it an accident scene, not a crime scene. Huge difference Fredericka!

If I could segue for a bit (since we don't have a separate forum for the series), CNN reaired The Seventies, and it still grabs and keeps my interest. What's scary is that during the United States v. Nixon, seeing how Nixon refused to turn in the tapes.  How the AG at the time refused to fire the special prosecutor  and then resigning; the Assistant AG refusing to fire the special prosecutor, for which Nixon fired him, so he wouldn't have to obey the law; thought he was above it, and claimed he'd only do it if the Supreme Court ordered him to. Crazy! And then hired that asshold Bjork, who did fire the special prosecutor. But the next special prosecutor had the last laugpUh: The Supreme Court ordered Nixon to turn in those tapes, and the rest is history. It also scared me, considering who's running this election, and if that orange warthog, IF he gets elected, I can see him doing the same things, but a gazillion million times worse and getting away with it. Because at least 40 years ago, there were politicians on the Republican side who actually had a conscience and did what was good for the country.

Seeing so many parallels between the Vietnam War, how it was handled and Iraq under Bush.

I'm up to my favorite episode--the cults and crimes; I won't lie, I squeed when I saw Bugliosi, then sad, because he's no longer with us.

Oh, and oh joy. The Nineties next summer. After the disaster that was The Eighties, I'm not counting the days, nor am I even slightly interested or excited.

• Love 2

If anyone from CNN reads this forum.... please place warning labels on your screen every time one of Trumps surrogates speak.  CNN is doing a terrible disservice by allowing them to be on panels as if they are respected objective pundits.  All of the women sound exactly the same, same inflections in their voice, same word choice... as if they were robots with digital recorded talking points.  Jeffrey Lord has his own sound, but is every bit as twisted when he tries to defend Trump for being thin-skinned.  I am sick of the 'panels' that are nothing more than paid/volunteer campaign staff.   Anna Navarro does a great job of at least trying to be objective, and discussing all the candidates in some fair manner (she can't with Trump, and I can't blame her).  Donna Brazelle also did a great job, and the actual CNN employees (with the exception of ex-Trump employees) try their best to be objective, but The trump people are just too much to take.

CNN is only lately come to the realization that they need to be actually investigating Trump rather than kissing his ring, I will blame them if he gets elected.  They've done a great disservice to  our country. 

• Love 10

Wolf is the worst interviewer on CNN and  the most senior.

In his interview today with Retired General John Allen, he questioned the general's motives for speaking at the DNC and if it was appropriate.

He's retired.  And Wolf you're old enough to remember President Dwight Eisenhower.  Retired general.

What the hell's wrong with you?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

If anyone from CNN reads this forum.... please place warning labels on your screen every time one of Trumps surrogates speak.  CNN is doing a terrible disservice by allowing them to be on panels as if they are respected objective pundits.  All of the women sound exactly the same, same inflections in their voice, same word choice... as if they were robots with digital recorded talking points.  Jeffrey Lord has his own sound, but is every bit as twisted when he tries to defend Trump for being thin-skinned.  I am sick of the 'panels' that are nothing more than paid/volunteer campaign staff.   Anna Navarro does a great job of at least trying to be objective, and discussing all the candidates in some fair manner (she can't with Trump, and I can't blame her).  Donna Brazelle also did a great job, and the actual CNN employees (with the exception of ex-Trump employees) try their best to be objective, but The trump people are just too much to take.

CNN is only lately come to the realization that they need to be actually investigating Trump rather than kissing his ring, I will blame them if he gets elected.  They've done a great disservice to  our country. 

I agree with all that you have said. Why, why, why do they have all these awful Trump surrogates on?  I would happily give up all their Clinton surrogates if they would get rid of ALL campaign surrogates. You want to occasionally take a microphone out some place and have a reporter get their spin? Okay, maybe. But glorifying them on panel after panel--when they offer ZERO political insight and are just bot-like hacks--is offensive on a network that is supposed to be reporting news, and have some claim to objectivity. (You want an Op/Ed section--a weekly 30 sec video from a Trump or Clinton spokesperson labeled as such? Again, okay. Just don't put them on panels with genuine journalists as if their opinons are deserving of equal weight. They're not.)

I think CNN is so largely in the tank for Trump--takes a lot of responsibility for him being the nominee along with the rest of cable news press--so its hilarious to see his twitter feed where he continually calls them out (yesterday alone there were 9 anit-CNN tweets) and refers to them as Clinton News Network.  I guess he's disappointed not all cable news programs are exactly like Sean Hannity--the apparent model of good journalism in TrumpWorld.

• Love 7

Yesterday Kate Boulduan was demonstrably irritated by the BS that Scottie Nell Hughes continued to spew.  I found a clip - Mediaite

Looks like the actual CNN reporters are completely over some of these paid Trump surrogates.  Scottie, along with Kayleigh Mcenany, can go away any time now.  And Corey Lewendowski.  And Jeffrey Lord.  And Katrina Pierson is worst of all - is she paid by CNN too?

Edited by prawnstar
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, prawnstar said:

Yesterday Kate Boulduan was demonstrably irritated by the BS that Scottie Nell Hughes continued to spew.  I found a clip - Mediaite

Looks like the actual CNN reporters are completely over some of these paid Trump surrogates.  Scottie, along with Kayleigh Mcenany, can go away any time now.  And Corey Lewendowski.  And Jeffrey Lord.  And Katrina Pierson is worst of all - is she paid by CNN too?

I second that!!!  My blood boils & stomach churns every time those poor excuses for humans appear on my TV & then I switch the channel.

Edited by Medicine Crow
spelling
  • Love 3

They need to hire a psychologist to sit on every panel, every day. 

Thoughts on which anchor will be the first to totally lose it and say what they (and we) have been thinking? 

So another Libertarian Town Hall tonight.  At this point, my feeling towards CNN on this is "too little, too late." I don't have a problem with them including other parties aside from R and D; in fact they probably should do that. But they need to do it all along in the campaign season and see how the voters respond.  I'm not crazy about throwing them out there at the last minute when the stakes are so high in this election and there is virtually no chance of them winning. 

• Love 2

Katrina Pierson manages to distort the circumstances once again!!!  She said that Obama/Clinton were responsible for the death of Kahn in 2004.  GAWD!!  (It's little wonder "Trump Nation" is so ill-informed if they're soaking up the likes of her.)

ETA:  .... & Wolf Blitzer just sat there with a glazed look on his face!!  Is he losing it?

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 8

Where is the pressure on CNN to fire Lewandowski?  Yesterday he said this: ".... Donald Trump raised the issue of (Obama's) Harvard transcripts. And I just simply said ‘have those ever been released?’ And the question was ‘did he get in as a U.S. citizen, or was he brought in to Harvard University as a citizen who wasn’t from this country?’”

It is a disgrace that CNN is PAYING this man as a "commentator".  And no outcry. (Meanwhile, Trump continues to whine about how "unfair" CNN is to him. Every time I turn it on there are always at least two Trump spokesmen/woman. It's disgraceful, what has happened to cable news. in their reliance (make that, "re-LIE-ance) on these completely unqualified and misleading non-journalists.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Padma said:

Where is the pressure on CNN to fire Lewandowski?  Yesterday he said this: ".... Donald Trump raised the issue of (Obama's) Harvard transcripts. And I just simply said ‘have those ever been released?’ And the question was ‘did he get in as a U.S. citizen, or was he brought in to Harvard University as a citizen who wasn’t from this country?’”

It is a disgrace that CNN is PAYING this man as a "commentator".  And no outcry. (Meanwhile, Trump continues to whine about how "unfair" CNN is to him. Every time I turn it on there are always at least two Trump spokesmen/woman. It's disgraceful, what has happened to cable news. in their reliance (make that, "re-LIE-ance) on these completely unqualified and misleading non-journalists.

I came over to this thread because I saw the story about Lewandowski and his scurrilous suspicions about the Harvard transcripts.  It is so clearly an attempt to revive the "birther" argument, years after even Trump let it go as a quest.  You know what?  Let them go down this crazy bumpy road, because it distracts from what the Trump supporters (and last I heard, Lewandowski is still on the payroll) should be doing, which is running a campaign.  They are reaching for the jars at the back of the refrigerator that were opened years ago and contain nothing you would want to smell, let alone ingest. 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 12

I just read an article about the nasty language being allowed on CNN.  I think it started with Farid Z (his statement that DJT was a bullsh*t artist) but has continued with others.  What the heck is going on these days?  Do they think that because "we're cable" that they can get away with allowing such vile behavior?

2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I just read an article about the nasty language being allowed on CNN.  I think it started with Farid Z (his statement that DJT was a bullsh*t artist) but has continued with others.  What the heck is going on these days?  Do they think that because "we're cable" that they can get away with allowing such vile behavior?

Wasn't that one of the initial allures of cable? Something about once something was a paid-for channel, and not over-the-air, obscenity rules were relaxed? And I think the other big deal was supposed to be fewer commercials. We've seen how that's worked out. 

I don't think anyone expected profanities during the news.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, NewDigs said:

... I don't think anyone expected profanities during the news.

I agree.  But, on the other hand, calling Trump a "bullshit artist" isn't profane, it's just accurate.  

• Love 13

Wolf Blitzer and whatever yap he had on when the news broke about the Trump tower climber were hilarious!  Wolf : my go that's so dangerous! The yap: the should shoot him down! Wolf : he's so high it looks very dangerous. Yap. Yeah what a jerk.they related that basic convo for 15 minutes till the had some actual reporting to discuss!

• Love 3

I have been watching The Eighties, and I can honestly say I will be happy the rest of my life if I never have to hear Tom Hanks offering his opinion on anything again.  I get that he was an Executive Producer, so they probably gave him carte blanche to comment on anything he wanted, but seriously, I do not care if he heard a sonic boom from the space shuttle returning.  That doesn't somehow make his bland insights interesting or informative.   

Also, I want to know what sorceresses has enchanted Nancy Wilson, as she looks incredible. 

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I have been watching The Eighties, and I can honestly say I will be happy the rest of my life if I never have to hear Tom Hanks offering his opinion on anything again.  I get that he was an Executive Producer, so they probably gave him carte blanche to comment on anything he wanted, but seriously, I do not care if he heard a sonic boom from the space shuttle returning.  That doesn't somehow make his bland insights interesting or informative.   

Also, I want to know what sorceresses has enchanted Nancy Wilson, as she looks incredible. 

If you didn't like him in The Eighties wait until The Nineties. That's when he won both of his Oscars.  Can't wait to hear his opinion on grunge rock.

• Love 2

Today Ashley Banfield had a panel of three journalists (Velshi, Slater and another guy I didn't know) on to discuss the "founder of ISIS" thing.  They made great points about the need for fact checking and how the press--despised as it now is by many--needs to keep pointing out facts when candidates just make things up. Banfield seemed particularly frustrated by how people can't seem to separate fact from fiction in news events and "are isolated in their own bubble, believing what they want to."

That was a good point, right? I was fully on board. Then, still feeling the angst, she ended the segment with her journalists and told us to "get ready to hear from the political panel".  If I knew her email, I'd add to the "600" she had to sift through yesterday to point out that those "political panels" are very much part of the problem she's so upset about. They ENCOURAGE people to ignore fact checking and just tune in to "commentators" who repeat the spin that appeals to a particular viewer!  She doesn't see that she--and CNN--are part of the problem in doing this all the time? How is that even possible?

• Love 5

Wolf had "special counsel to Trump" guy on this afternoon, and he may be my new least favorite minion from that camp. And of course Wolf let him tell all sorts of lies about the tax return situation and didn't bother to try to correct him. At the end of the segment when Wolf gave him the standard thanks for being here send off, the guy started off on an obnoxious tirade about how he was treated poorly.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Padma said:

Today Ashley Banfield had a panel of three journalists (Velshi, Slater and another guy I didn't know) on to discuss the "founder of ISIS" thing.  They made great points about the need for fact checking and how the press--despised as it now is by many--needs to keep pointing out facts when candidates just make things up. Banfield seemed particularly frustrated by how people can't seem to separate fact from fiction in news events and "are isolated in their own bubble, believing what they want to."

That was a good point, right? I was fully on board. Then, still feeling the angst, she ended the segment with her journalists and told us to "get ready to hear from the political panel".  If I knew her email, I'd add to the "600" she had to sift through yesterday to point out that those "political panels" are very much part of the problem she's so upset about. They ENCOURAGE people to ignore fact checking and just tune in to "commentators" who repeat the spin that appeals to a particular viewer!  She doesn't see that she--and CNN--are part of the problem in doing this all the time? How is that even possible?

Agreed. CNN should refrain from constantly having surrogates from the trump or Clinton campaign on the show. It's too easy to predict what each one will say.

• Love 1

Get that bitch Kellyanne Conway, Don Lemon. Please, you're bullying me, is she's fucking nuts? Lemon is the first person I've seen try to push that disgrace to answer the question directly.  Get her ass of this network and every other network if she's not going to answer the questions.  She does this shit more than any of the others I've seen even that doofus Boris.  His surrogates think they can talk over everyone and run the damn interview.

Good for you Lemon.  They come on these shows and try to take over, they're the bullies.

Edited by represent
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, represent said:

Get that bitch Kellyanne Conway, Don Lemon. Please, you're bullying me, is she's fucking nuts? Lemon is the first person I've seen try to push that disgrace to answer the question directly.  Get her ass of this network and every other network if she's not going to answer the questions.  She does this shit more than any of the others I've seen even that doofus Boris.  His surrogates think they can talk over everyone and run the damn interview.

Good for you Lemon.  They come on these shows and try to take over, they're the bullies.

I don't think any of them can get Katrina Pierson to shut up. Nails on a chalkboard. I'm surprised she's ever invited back. She's the master of the talkover.

• Love 3

Oh gawd, I see I'm not the only one cringing over Kellyanne.  I have to say at first I thought she was Scottie Nell without all the make-up until I saw her name.  Every bit as annoying, though.

I also love when Ana Navarro and any Dem on the panel reach across party lines and team up on one of the Trump surrogates.  Happened last night on Don Lemon with Ana and Maria Cardona, and the worthy recipient was Lewondowski.  Nice work, ladies.  Teamwork makes the dream work.  

• Love 4