Type keyword(s) to search

True Blood Spoilers and Spoilery Discussion

Aaand there goes any enthusiasm I had for this season. Well, it's not like I had much. I'll probably have to skip it.

I don't really care about Sookie and her love life, but this pairing is something I really don't want to see ever again.

• Love 4

I don't like them as a couple either. I like them both separately.  But Sookie is sort of a black hole for any character in her orbit.  But I expect it so will not be surprised at what they come up with for them.  As long as the other characters have decent stories I can deal with the inevitable of Sookie and Bill.  

Aaand there goes any enthusiasm I had for this season. Well, it's not like I had much. I'll probably have to skip it.

I don't really care about Sookie and her love life, but this pairing is something I really don't want to see ever again.

I can't say I'm shocked. The past few seasons after they split have been the show's best IMO, especially season five with Eric and Bill fighting together instead of over Louisiana's Bella Swan.

I'm looking forward to all of the Bill flashbacks.  Imo, his have been the most interesting of all of the characters on the show since the beginning.

I do wonder if the flashback that I have heard involving Sookie and their first meeting will be a re-run of what we saw in S1, or if they have new or different footage that we haven't seen yet.

I was reading TV Guide in the grocery store (different article than linked) and I was surprised that they flat out said that this season was about Bill and Sookie and Eric/Sookie were done.  Assuming that's true, I would think it would make a portion of the audience tune out.  But maybe there are more who would like Eric saved from Sookie than want them together.

I just thought it read like they were completely misreading the draw of Bill/Sookie romance.

(edited)

Of all the Sookie pairings, I thought she had exponentially more chem with Eric than any of the other five (!) suitors. Her with Bill was always DOA and I kept watching this show in spite of them.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 1
(edited)

I didn't mind the idea of Eric/Sookie (at least it gives us more Eric), but the realization was awful. However, it's weird how it was written out of the show so quickly. Kinda doesn't make sense.

Also, from what I've gleaned in the EP's interviews, Sookie/Bill ending is all but certain.

Speaking about chemistry, I did see some in Sookie/Bill back in s1 when he wasn't such a hypocritical bastard, true. But it doesn't matter anymore, the relationship has been destroyed, and I don't want to see it revisited, ever. And I do think she had decent chemistry with Eric and even Warlow, too (until his character, while a cool concept, was inexplicably destroyed in one fell swoop by turning him into a one-dimensional villain).

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 3

I didn't mind the idea of Eric/Sookie (at least it gives us more Eric), but the realization was awful. However, it's weird how it was written out of the show so quickly. Kinda doesn't make sense.

Also, from what I've gleaned in the EP's interviews, Sookie/Bill ending is all but certain.

Speaking about chemistry, I did see some in Sookie/Bill back in s1 when he wasn't such a hypocritical bastard, true. But it doesn't matter anymore, the relationship has been destroyed, and I don't want to see it revisited, ever. And I do think she had decent chemistry with Eric and even Warlow, too (until his character, while a cool concept, was inexplicably destroyed in one fell swoop by turning him into a one-dimensional villain).

The execution for the ships on this show are horrible, but I don't really like Sookie so not a surprise.

I actually thought she and Warlow had a lot of chemistry. I don't know why, but I didn't mind him until the point where they made him a silly villain. I knew it was too much to hope that she could be turned and then leave the show, but oh well.

I just finished all 6 seasons in the last 3 months and really they just don't do couples well. I honestly don't care for sookie with anyone. I think I liked Warlow best. Alcide is gorgeous but so what...he is the most boring of all the suitors.  The best two couples on this show were Lafayette/Jesus and Arlene/Terry and they are more supporting type characters. Hell I even prefer Andy and his girlfriend.  I guess they don't have enough screen time to get ruined.  I just want to see how it all ends so won't be tuning out just because Sookie ends up with whoever.  If I cared about that I would not have made it through 6 seasons.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm looking forward to all the Bill flashbacks. Imo, his have been the most interesting of all the characters on the show since the beginning.

I disagree. IMO, Bill's story pales in comparison to Eric, his maker Godric and King Russell Edgington, the one who killed Eric's family. Compared to Eric, Godric and Russell's history, Bill's just a baby vamp, as far as I'm concerned.

In never saw anything wrong with Bill and Sookie's chemistry. I mean really, they're a married couple now.

Alcide is gorgeous but so what...he is the most boring of all the suitors.

Re the first point, again disagreeing. IMO, Bill and Sookie are bad news. Just because they're married offscreen doesn't mean that art should imitate life. As for Alcide, after all the shit that Bill, Eric and Warlow have put Sookie through, she needs all the sanity she can get and if it's from Alcide or any other non-vamp, then so be it.

Edited by DollEyes
just want to see how it all ends so won't be tuning out just because Sookie ends up with whoever.  If I cared about that I would not have made it through 6 seasons.

It's funny, I don't really care about Sookie at all, yet Bill/Sookie is the deal breaker for me. I just loathe them with all my heart. Maybe because, as much as I don't like her, she deserves better than ending up with a guy who had deceived her and is a serial killer to boot (all vampires are). This is The Vampire Diaries all over again, and I had to stop watching that because of moral dissonance with all those guys portrayed as hot and desirable being abusive and/or hypocritical assholes.

• Love 1

I hate Bill/Sookie together and think she is the one of the worse leads for a TV show. I am not surprised they will end up together though. I never would understand any interview Alan Ball would give where he would praise that relationship. I don't want Sookie to end up with Eric (i did for a few years) but I came to realize he could and should do better then her.

I hope Eric, Pam, Tara,and Willa just form a happy family and that is how things end for them.

• Love 2

So from the trailers look like Arelne might be biting the dust...But she'll at least get to die on screen. My guess is they'll kill off the female characters before the male ones. The new showrunner sucks.

I just hope they don't kill Holly. She doesn't get much to do but she's got moxy. Let her live! I have a bad feeling though that she'll die and her promoted-to-regulars sons will move in with Andy.

• Love 1

So I've finally got ahold of some spoilers, and guys, unless you're Bill/Sookie fans and absolutely hate Eric, you're probably not gonna like this. I mean, Eric suddenly decides that some dead-for-30-years and previously unshown girl is the love of his life? What were they smoking?

Also, Tara's not the only death in the main cast.

• Love 1

So I've finally got ahold of some spoilers, and guys, unless you're Bill/Sookie fans and absolutely hate Eric, you're probably not gonna like this. I mean, Eric suddenly decides that some dead-for-30-years and previously unshown girl is the love of his life? What were they smoking?

I know, right? However, I just read about a new love interest for Eric (this Sylvie, French girl) but not that they're endgame: do you have any further info?

Besides, now that Eric has Hep V, I wonder if he can make it until the end. :(

No idea about endgame, I've just heard they got a love interest for Eric this late into the show (a dead one at that) and was outraged, no matter the execution introducing new backstory elements now and making them this important is just bad writing.

Yeah, where are these spoilers?  I love spoilers! :)

• Love 1

I knew Tara wasn't going to be the only death in the cast since this is the last year, so that's not surprising.  But hooking Eric up with some random chick and claiming she's the love of his life?  More forced fake romance.  Give me a break.

That doesn't say anything about OTP or Soul Mate or anything really.  She could just be his Love Interest for now...not that I care because I'm not into Sookie/Eric.  However he's in France at the moment so this LI is probably one of the girls from the Bordello.  

Sorry, can't divulge the source. it was kinda shared in confidence. These are not foilers if you are afraid of it, though I probably may have interpreted something wrong.

No offence, but this is the spoiler topic, and if you can't divulge the source, could you at least type them out, instead of coyly talking about them as if we have read them?  Because right now, you're doing "I've Got a Secret" and I'm thinking that most of us really don't care for playing "I've Got a Secret".  Either please share so everyone can participate fully in the discussion, or just pretend like nothing was said, and move on.

But don't keep dangling things in front of us, because I've seen that happen too many times on the other board, and it never ends well.

For example:  "Tara's not the only death in the main cast."  You could just say who it is?

• Love 10

OK, I probably shouldn't have posted anything, then. I just wanted to vent my frustration re: Eric's new love interest (seriously, why?!), and I considered a main character death a major enough spoiler to get me in trouble with the spoiler's source.

Even without divulging the source, you still can't say specifics? That's kinda crap. Why mention it at all? And...duh. It IS the last season. Obviously some main characters are gonna die. In fact, I kind of hope they all do. Or we'll be treated to some bullshit ending where the entire series was one of Sookie's fucked up dreams.

• Love 1

OK, I probably shouldn't have posted anything, then. I just wanted to vent my frustration re: Eric's new love interest (seriously, why?!), and I considered a main character death a major enough spoiler to get me in trouble with the spoiler's source.

I swear I've read an interview with Alex somewhere... like maybe during S4? Or just after it... and I know he said something about Eric's love life and how he opened up to Sookie and it didn't work out, hence the closing himself off blah blah... but I also recall him saying something about maybe this has happened to Eric before, that there was someone he loved in the past and couldn't keep them, and that's why he was the way he is when it comes to humans and human relationships.

Certainly it could have just been Alex speculating or what he had been thinking for the role at the time, but I swear I'm not making it up! It was forever ago though, and not in reference to this season... but I guess for me, hearing that he's got another love interest, and now hearing spoilers that it's someone from his past doesn't surprise or upset me all that much. Surely he's connected with others in a 1000 years...

I swear I've read an interview with Alex somewhere... like maybe during S4? Or just after it... and I know he said something about Eric's love life and how he opened up to Sookie and it didn't work out, hence the closing himself off blah blah... but I also recall him saying something about maybe this has happened to Eric before, that there was someone he loved in the past and couldn't keep them, and that's why he was the way he is when it comes to humans and human relationships.

Certainly it could have just been Alex speculating or what he had been thinking for the role at the time, but I swear I'm not making it up! It was forever ago though, and not in reference to this season... but I guess for me, hearing that he's got another love interest, and now hearing spoilers that it's someone from his past doesn't surprise or upset me all that much. Surely he's connected with others in a 1000 years...

Apparently, you remembered correctly. This Sylvie, after all, was a French girl Eric was in love in the 80s and that now is dead.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've actually never before been in possible possession of a major spoiler for a show, so I'm not sure of the best-practices policy, but this was apparently taken from comments by an alleged extra on a youtube video somewhere, and reposted on reddit.

It has to do with the final wrap-up and if true contains major spoilers, and since I don't know the real origin of the info I'm just going to drop the link here. It certainly sounds plausible. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/TrueBlood/comments/2ba80z/major_spoiler/

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 1

Ugh. I hope that is fake. Vampires turning human ranks right up there is vampire babies for me. If that were to happen, I could honestly say that the ending of Dexter was better. This is how much I dislike that sort of thing. Not to mention they sort of already did that with the whole Warlow a vampire and still being a fairy too thing.

I weep for having just clicked on that link.

I've actually never before been in possible possession of a major spoiler for a show, so I'm not sure of the best-practices policy, but this was apparently taken from comments by an alleged extra on a youtube video somewhere, and reposted on reddit.

It has to do with the final wrap-up and if true contains major spoilers, and since I don't know the real origin of the info I'm just going to drop the link here. It certainly sounds plausible. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/TrueBlood/comments/2ba80z/major_spoiler/

Why did I get the feeling this was going to happen? I swear I am physic sometimes. They infected both Eric and Bill so I figured they were going to reverse it some way and in the process find a cure for vampirism all together. Ugh. I have a feeling this is going to be one of the worst series finales in a long time. 

Why did I get the feeling this was going to happen? I swear I am physic sometimes. They infected both Eric and Bill so I figured they were going to reverse it some way and in the process find a cure for vampirism all together. Ugh. I have a feeling this is going to be one of the worst series finales in a long time. 

I don't know how accurate this is though... people have speculated the "vampire turns human" twist for a long time... and the rest of the 'spoilers' could have been gleaned from the promo for next week.

This certainly could be a troll trying to stir up for fight between Bill/Eric fans and fans in general, since that ending would piss one group off and not necessarily make the other group happy. I mean, I like Bill and I don't want him to die ( I don't want Eric to die either) and I'd love to see Bill/Sookie back together, but this proposed ending isn't the ideal way I'd go about that...

One thing I've always loved about TB is that it's been a story of can "other" fit into society... so having a fairy and a vampire make it work somehow would be a better social commentary in my opinion... instead of magically making everybody "same" so they can be together. It's my same issue with the turning Sookie vampire storyline.

This person claims that they've been with the show for several seasons, and also were fired before the season ended... despite trying to be "anonymous" on the internet, HBO could still easily track them down and sue their ass off... that's pretty risky, IMO... I wouldn't hate this ending, but it's not what I was hoping for....  

But I suppose all we can do is wait and see.

(edited)

I don't give a shit about Bill/Sookie v. Eric/Sookie (I happen to like Eric more as a character, but I couldn't  care less bout either ship and actually find both pairings pretty annoying).  However, I do think curing one of both of them of Hep-V is stupid enough without also curing vampirism. So, irrespective of the ship war crap, please god no. 

I also hate the way this show has managed to make Sookie's fairy stuff even more ridiculous and special-snowflakey than was in the books.  So the idea of making her Sookie Ex Machina for a damn vampire plague (without or without the vamp-cure) is giving me a headache.   More so if it's in furtherance of Born-Again-Bill and his purification in pursuit of worthiness of Sookie.

Honestly, I don't hate Bill.  I just don't like him much and find him infinitely less irritating in all contexts other than with Sookie.  And if all the crap is just designed for at HEA for Bill and Sookie, that will just make it all the more annoying.

Edited by RachelKM
Who knows if the spoiler is real, but I can see them ending the series with a human Bill. All the dumb flashbacks have to be for something.

That's what I was thinking.  It would explain all these Bill flashbacks we've been having about his human life.  I wonder if Eric will become human as well?  And Pam?  Enh I'm not sure how I feel just yet about this spoiler but all those people turning vampire...oh jeez.  I guess I can see Arlene and Lafayette turning because of their new love interests *shrug* but Sam turning?!  He's a shifter, can he even turn?  Will there be a shifter/vampire hybrid? 

I noticed with the spoilers from last night (gone now) the source said "_____ gets turned." He/she didn't want to spoil it. He/she commented that it was the only thing they didn't want to ruin.

Any idea of who could turn that he didn't want to spoil for the fans.

I've actually been thinking about all of the vampire becomes human thing and I find myself not minding much - if it's for all vampires. For some reason all vampires either die from Hep V or become human and there are no more vampires? That I could deal with. One vampire becomes a human in a way that's more magical than a magical fairy vagina? No thanks.

Ahem, ambiguous background extra three during a flashback.

Who will then go on to have many adventures.

• Love 1

I can see Bill becoming human, mostly because I always thought Sookie would end up with a human and have a family.  I actually thought Bill would die (wasn't certain about Eric) and that Sookie might end up with Sam (since it looked like Nicole/Sam might be on the outs).

I dont have any problems with Bill becoming human and it certainly makes sense with all the pre-vampire flashbacks.  I'm more opposed to all those other characters becoming vampires.

• Love 1

Wait, if Adelyn gets turned will she be able to make vampires day walk again if she wanted?

Lafayette being turned makes sense because of the James thing.

Sam though I dont get why they'd change him. Would it just be to explore the idea of a shifter hybrid?

Bill going back to being a human makes sense and I'm inclined to agree that this at least explains the flashbacks.

The idea of Eric going back to being a human makes me sad for some reason but I guess I'd prefer that to having him die via hep v. Maybe it's the Godric/Nora thing and I feel like Eric turning human would permanently separate them somehow or takeaway their family/maker bond if that makes any sense. It doesn't worry me in Pam's case because she'd still theoretically be alive to interact with human Eric. With the other two I can't help but wonder what turning human would do to the bond that exists between makers, progeny, and progeny sibs.