Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

I thought he loved Ava (the useless freak that raised Kiki).

Sorry, I was referring to Left Phalange's comment and the fact that most everyone both here on this board and in the general realm out there actively hate Morgan, Kiki and Ava. So I didn't feel her comment was an unpopular opinion. More like mine is.

Unfortunately, hating Ava is not an entirely unpopular opinion, only because the actress portraying her somehow gained a cult following by portraying another bitch who never paid for anything on another show.

I'm hoping the actress leaves sooner rather than later and doesn't get yet another character to ruin this show with.

You're not alone tvgoddess.  I want Ava to stay as well.   I do hate Morgan and Kiki, though.  My hope is that baby AJ is revealed to be Morgan's, Ava gets her baby back (no way should that heinous beast Carly be her mom), and then Morgan and Kiki are both killed. 

My UO:  I don't mind new Dillon. 

• Love 5
Unfortunately, hating Ava is not an entirely unpopular opinion, only because the actress portraying her somehow gained a cult following by portraying another bitch who never paid for anything on another show.

And how ironic. Her name was Carly.

Carly on ATWT paid for plenty of things.  Only a few times legally, which sucked, but karmically?  Socially?  She could make herself a pariah with lots of the things she did.  Even her own son wrote her off numerous times.

Ava, on the other hand, hasn't paid for much, I'll give you that.

• Love 3

Carly on ATWT paid for plenty of things. Only a few times legally, which sucked, but karmically? Socially? She could make herself a pariah with lots of the things she did. Even her own son wrote her off numerous times.

Ava, on the other hand, hasn't paid for much, I'll give you that.

How has Ava not paid? She had her baby literally ripped out of her womb by a preying mantis and then has barely gotten to spend any time with that baby.

Not to mention being shot, having cancer, and having Kiki for a daughter . . . Hasn't Ava suffered enough?

Besides, I'm glad someone killed that loon impersonating the fabulous Kate Howard.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

I think it is the fact Ava didn't really pay for killing an innocent woman. I mean she paid as much as Sonny did as they spent the same amount of time in jail. While the Avery being ripped out of her body was incredibly terrible, it had very little to do with her killing Connie (and I know the reason Ava was alone at the time was because Sonny was going to kill for Konnie). To me, it is kind of like saying Bobbie paid for cheating on Tony because their daughter died. Terrible thing that happened to her, but nearly unrelated.

• Love 5

I think it is the fact Ava didn't really pay for killing an innocent woman. I mean she paid as much as Sonny did as they spent the same amount of time in jail. While the Avery being ripped out of her body was incredibly terrible, it had very little to do with her killing Connie (and I know the reason Ava was alone at the time was because Sonny was going to kill for Konnie). To me, it is kind of like saying Bobbie paid for cheating on Tony because their daughter died. Terrible thing that happened to her, but nearly unrelated.

Kannie wasn't some poor innocent woman. She tried to her baby, and then finally succeeded 20 years later when she committed vehicular homicide and murdered Trey. Didn't she also try to kill Sonny, and then chose to be with him?

• Love 1

Kannie wasn't some poor innocent woman. She tried to her baby, and then finally succeeded 20 years later when she committed vehicular homicide and murdered Trey. Didn't she also try to kill Sonny, and then chose to be with him?

In that context she was(and may I say, I fucking hated the changes RC made to Kate), as Ava was when Nina ripped out Avery from her. And even with Kannie's sins, she left a her rape!baby in a drawer, not smother him, and Trey was killed because Michael was following to closely, Trey unbuckled his seat belt and hit the wrong part of his head. 

• Love 2

Well, I guess do me it comes down to I liked AJ so I want Sonny to pay for that crime, and I couldn't stand Kannie so I'm will in to make endless logic pretzels and excuses to "forgive" Ava of her crime.

Perfext example of this is thatI love Rick Hearst, so when Ric locks a woman in a panic room in a plan to steal the woman's baby, when he dry his own wife, when he plots to kill his brother, when he cheats on his cancer stricken wife with her daughter, when he hires a con woman and lies to the alleged love of his life, and when he attempts to scam another woman out of her money, I'm unabashedly #TeamRic.

So uh, the topic of 'unpopular opinions', um . . . I wouldn't mind Rosalie sticking around?

In the real world I think murder is murder is murder. But in t.v. land, I'm perfectly fine with murder and other crimes depending on the identities of the perpetrator and victim.

• Love 6

I for one prefer the justice being defined broadly, so I really don't care if character is likable or not or whether I liked them or not. I think that Sonny should go down for killing random deployer Russian. I think justice not being applied correctly is one of the things that is the reason for GH's decline.

• Love 3

Connie was mentally ill.  The baby she left in a drawer was the result of her being raped. In contrast, Ava was, as far as we can tell, in complete control of her mental faculties when she offed a woman to keep her brother's identity a secret, a secret that, it turns out, her brother wasn't even half that invested in keeping.  And she was well in control of her mental faculties when she essentially egged Sonny on into killing AJ for her crimes.  She's also not mentally ill while she's letting her loved ones believe she's dead, impersonating her fake long lost twin, and sleeping with her "beloved" daughter's boyfriend behind her back.  And now it's possible that she once again killed someone for essentially the same reason she killed Connie - because Silas knew that "Denise" is really Ava and could have spilled the beans. 

I'll never like Nina (unless she kills Sonny, then I'll throw her a ticker tape parade and spend a term of no less than 3 weeks and no more than 3 months as president of the MS/Nina Fan Club), but she's clearly unwell, mentally, and her state at the time that she viciously removed Avery from Ava's womb was due, in part, to her mother's manipulations, which were aided by...Ava.  Not saying Ava deserved that whole scene, but of the three women - Ava, Connie, and Nina, Ava is, to me, by far, the most cold-blooded and self-interested with the least excuse to be so. 

I forgot to add to Ava's hit list - shooting Olivia when she was gunning for Franco. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 5

What kills me is that the one time in recent years a person was within his/her own right to kill someone is the one time that they went to prison: Matt Hunter killing Lisa. Now if Lisa went into another coma and Matt suffocated her to protect the family, that would warrant 5 years in prison, but Matt killed Lisa after she killed someone, threw Liz over board and was going to infect Patrick using Robin's blood, basically killing in self defense.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5

What kills me is that the one time in recent years a person was within his/her own right to kill someone is the one time that they went to prison: Matt Hunter killing Lisa. Now if Lisa went into another coma and Matt suffocated her to protect the family, that would warrant 5 years in prison, but Matt killed Lisa after she killed someone, threw Liz over board and was going to infect Patrick using Robin's blood, basically killing in self defense.

And, unless I've missed a throwaway line (or tweet) that he's out, he's been in for a while now. So, killing someone to save others is bad.  Killing someone because you hate them, going to prison and breaking out right away is fine as long as, during your breakout, you interrupt someone else who is already in the process of saving a boatload of passengers from the bomb that was planted and grab the bomb to take it the last two feet into the water.  

• Love 6

Perfext example of this is thatI love Rick Hearst, so when Ric locks a woman in a panic room in a plan to steal the woman's baby, when he dry his own wife, when he plots to kill his brother, when he cheats on his cancer stricken wife with her daughter, when he hires a con woman and lies to the alleged love of his life, and when he attempts to scam another woman out of her money, I'm unabashedly #TeamRic.

I truly believe they pulled an Ava on Ric was because Ric Hearst managed to like Ric damn likable, we and we know what JFP/Guza did to characters that took the shine away from Sonny and Jason. See this is also my example. I fucking hate Carly, but damn do I feel the slightest bit bad for her knowing that Ric is walking around without doing any time. That is why I didn't feel at all sorry for him when he was kidnapped, bound and gagged for months with a threat to his life. 

Sorry I went off topic. 

I think that Frank Valentini was more to blame for the decline than Ron Carlivati. I don't care that he kept everything within budget, he often miscasted roles with expensive actors and allowed Ron to talk him to allowing his stupid ideas to go through, like Dr.O being chief of staff. In a sense I feel a little bad for Ron C because Frank wasn't keeping him in check like he is supposed to. While writers get a lot of credit (and it is mostly deserved) the show often succeeds or fails depending who is in charge. Wendy Riche vs JFP is a classic example. While Riche sounded like a bitch (but not near the level of Monty) she managed to keep Guza in check, but once JFP took over and Guza returned, Guza got to write his dream soap, which turned out to be utter crap and it seemed that she ran the show over budget, the one thing Frank doesn't seem to be doing

Well, I guess do me it comes down to I liked AJ so I want Sonny to pay for that crime, and I couldn't stand Kannie so I'm will in to make endless logic pretzels and excuses to "forgive" Ava of her crime.

I don't give a damn about AJ or Connie (I irrationally cannot stand the nickname Kannie, it makes my skin crawl) and don't care that they're dead. I do want Sonny to pay because he's an asshole and just gross to look at. But I don't care if Ava pays or not. I'll invoke my contribution to the t-shirt collection again: I like Ava, sue me. You won't get any money though, because I'm broke.

• Love 1

Someone is definitely to blame for not keeping Ron C in check.  But his idea of story was ugly and mean-spirited and cynical.  Ron came up with these grotesque ideas and elevated assholes and crazies over the other characters ... or, if not, then I guess I don't know what a head writer does.

Really, whoever is responsible for the Robin mess is who I would like to send an engraved invitation to fuck off.   

• Love 6

Someone is definitely to blame for not keeping Ron C in check.  But his idea of story was ugly and mean-spirited and cynical.  Ron came up with these grotesque ideas and elevated assholes and crazies over the other characters ... or, if not, then I guess I don't know what a head writer does.

Really, whoever is responsible for the Robin mess is who I would like to send an engraved invitation to fuck off.   

And that person is Frank. If he wasn't shooting down most of Ron's stupid ideas, or wasn't making sure that Ron did the proper follow through (Dr.O being Chief of Staff might have been interesting if it allowed character in the hospital to work to oust her in favor of Monica after a few months)then he is too blame.

I don't give a damn about AJ or Connie (I irrationally cannot stand the nickname Kannie, it makes my skin crawl) and don't care that they're dead. I do want Sonny to pay because he's an asshole and just gross to look at. But I don't care if Ava pays or not. I'll invoke my contribution to the t-shirt collection again: I like Ava, sue me. You won't get any money though, because I'm broke.

Both AJ and Kate (at least) had good sized fanbases. Ava isn't good enough of character to have both of them sacrificed for her and I detest all these Perils of Pauline they are doing to drum up sympathy for her (Avery's birth, the cancer).She is a poor man's Faith Roscoe, and Maura West isn't half the actress that Cynthia Preston is.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

Both AJ and Kate (at least) had good sized fanbases. Ava isn't good enough of character to have both of them sacrificed for her and I detest all these Perils of Pauline they are doing to drum up sympathy for her (Avery's birth, the cancer).She is a poor man's Faith Roscoe, and Maura West isn't half the actress that Cynthia Preston is.

Original Kate did. The recast, I think most people were begging for her to be off.

• Love 5

Maura West isn't half the actress that Cynthia Preston is.

I wasn't around for that actress' run, but it really doesn't matter to me. I am a fan of Maura's not only because I feel she is an incredibly talented actress, but also because she is a genuinely sweet and kind person. I spent money I didn't have to go and meet her and I'm thrilled that I did. No one else on this show has made me want to do that. So because of her, I came away with a wonderful experience that I will always treasure. I won't go into details, since no one really cares, but she was really great to me and for that she has my eternal respect.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4

I wasn't around for that actress' run, but it really doesn't matter to me. I am a fan of Maura's not only because I feel she is an incredibly talented actress, but also because she is a genuinely sweet and kind person. I spent money I didn't have to go and meet her and I'm thrilled that I did. No one else on this show has made me want to do that. So because of her, I came away with a wonderful experience that I will always treasure. I won't go into details, since no one really cares, but she was really great to me and for that she has my eternal respect.

No, please do go into details!

• Love 1

Again, I must say, it would have been so easy to make Ava more of a gray character. Have Kate die while the two women fight over a gun, instead of Ava being a cold blooded killer. Put AJ in a coma rather than kill him. All of this would have been better drama anyway.

Making Ava an unrepentant killer, then trying to redeem her with torture at Nina's hands, terminal cancer that is magically cured now, a laughable disguise, and whining about wanting her baby (while screwing her other daughter's boyfriend) doesn't work.

Not that it's any surprise with this regime, but they wasted a good actress and what could have been an interesting character.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 11

They're trying to make Ava a female Sonny in a way—loving parent and feared mob boss—but she simply doesn't have the history, never mind that Sonny does and it still doesn't work for him. You can't cram all this stuff into two years and expect a layered character to come out of it. MW is talented, but she's not that talented, and the writing lets her down at every turn to boot.

• Love 5

I know soap characters do bad, sneaky things, but they should either have certain lines they don't cross ... or if they will do anything without remorse, they should be recognized as villians and their tenure on the show should be quite short.

You know who my favorite villian is? Mikkos Cassadine. He had an interesting, ambitious plan (become a dictator who enforces peace and prosperity ... by threatening to freeze the world), and his motivations made sense (he was insane but truly believed the ends justified the means).

And then, when his story had run its course, he had the good manners to DIE.

• Love 8

Me personally I don't care how sweet Maura is, I cannot stand Ava. She is like Sonny murdering slime. Maybe jazz hands did a good thing. She needed some payback . Maura and RoHo drove me away from As he world turns. Carly and Paul their characters never paid for anything. Of course. Ron destroyed GH by turning all the characters into slime. Why so no one can call any character out for anything they did. Liz , Nick, even Laura is keeping secrets. Personally I didn't like Jason so now not having to listen to his self righteous BS I don't care if he never remembers. Maybe me could get Faison back and he could dump him in the harbor, and this time make doubly sure he is dead. Anna a cold blooded killer, yadda yadda yadda.

• Love 1

Anna at least felt bad about what she did and that might have been a temporary insanity deal.

But I hate that they did this -- and see, the writers achieved their apparent goal of making fans like me a hypocrite, because I will be pissed if Anna goes to jail for this poorly written bullshit while Franco and Sonny flit about, free as birds.

Not that I expect to become a regular or even occasional viewer again at this point.

Edited by SlovakPrincess

Not even Kelly Monaco? Wow, you really HAVE put Ava over Sam, have you? ;)

(I mean, I knew that you had long ago, but I sometimes miss your Sam fangirlism. ;) )

I'm okay with a reset on Rebecca Budig's Hayden.  I don't think Ron had any idea of who the character was supposed to be and the audience had no idea why she was doing things.  "I lie a lot! I behave like a sex addict!  I want money!  Now I want more money!  And more sex!" wasn't a character.  It was a caricature.

And the last few shows I'm beginning to sense a different dynamic between her and TC.  With an actual story I think they may have chemistry.

• Love 4

Not even Kelly Monaco? Wow, you really HAVE put Ava over Sam, have you? ;)

(I mean, I knew that you had long ago, but I sometimes miss your Sam fangirlism. ;) )

I sometimes miss it too. My non-Sam fangirlism aside (Sam has become too boring to defend for me these days), I still love KeMo. She's just a cool chick, and considering I still have her on my list of women I'd turn for, I guess yeah, I wouldn't mind meeting her either. ;)

• Love 1

I sometimes miss it too. My non-Sam fangirlism aside (Sam has become too boring to defend for me these days), I still love KeMo. She's just a cool chick, and considering I still have her on my list of women I'd turn for, I guess yeah, I wouldn't mind meeting her either. ;)

This is absolutely none of my business, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but are you a Vanessbian?

I don't want Jason to recover his Q memories. I want him to choose to become Jakeson QuarterMorgan.

He became Jason Morgan partly out of stupid childish rebellion and he has the opportunity now to look around objectively as an adult and make a different choice.

After Gentle Farmer!Franco and Zombie!Jake, I don't want anymore 'tumors made me evil and recovered memories made me good' shortcut, bullshit nonsense.

I want somebody to friggin work for redemption, to make some attempt at earning it and Jason Morgan? has more red in his ledger than anyone in PC.

Instead of this insane Liz bullshit, this story should've been Jasus connecting with the people Jason Q knew (like FUCKIN AJ & ROBIN) and making a choice about who and what he wanted to be

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

I like Dillon, and his scenes with his parents is some of the only nice things left among the drivel. I would take him over 90% of the characters now.

I am hoping that they tone down the Nina/Franco stuff with the new writers because once upon a time, I thought they had amazing chemistry. I still think it's there, but it's lost in a terrible storyline.

• Love 1

Dollar Store Dillon is really growing on me. I have no interest in seeing a Dillon/Lulu pairing, but I thought he did well in their scenes today.

With which part? That's not sarcasm, I stopped watching them after two scenes in but maybe I'll go check out the later scenes.

I think the guy generally delivers what he's asked to do, and I think his scenes with other Quartermaines, with his mother and father are pretty solid. But those are some top quality actors he's opposite in much of those scenes. I just don't see him as Dillon or believe in anything about his passion for filmmaking. To the creative team, this Dillon is just a convenient, core-connected hunk.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

I like Dillon, and his scenes with his parents is some of the only nice things left among the drivel. I would take him over 90% of the characters now.

I am hoping that they tone down the Nina/Franco stuff with the new writers because once upon a time, I thought they had amazing chemistry. I still think it's there, but it's lost in a terrible storyline.

When Lulu was pretty much telling him to have babies with Valerie immediately.

I'm okay with a reset on Rebecca Budig's Hayden.  I don't think Ron had any idea of who the character was supposed to be and the audience had no idea why she was doing things.  "I lie a lot! I behave like a sex addict!  I want money!  Now I want more money!  And more sex!" wasn't a character.  It was a caricature.

And the last few shows I'm beginning to sense a different dynamic between her and TC.  With an actual story I think they may have chemistry.

While I agree the character may have come off as a tad too strong, gunning for every penis around her and acting fairly nympho-ish, I always found female characters who were upfront about their libido refreshing, and fun. So I hope they don't completely erase that side of Hayden, it makes her unique to me,  and sets her apart. But a few slight tweeks here and there so she doesn't come of as cartoonish like she did at the very begining should be okay.

And I absolutely love her dynamic with Nik. Don't know if theyre meant to be a couple, or if Hayden will be the one to stab Nik in the back like Dillon foreshadowed, or both, but those 2 have the most organic, potent chemistry I've seen from a pairing in a long time, and I will enjoy their scenes together however long they last.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 3

I'm biased-unashamedly-because I am keeping up with the show mainly for Quartermaine goodness. Still, I liked this Dillon from the get go, and still do.  Anyone who can keep up with TG, JE, and RB in any scene, is good with me, especially considering his age and total lack of soap experience.

That said, Dillon as a character is dear to me for who he is-not his personality. I see all these "Dullen" comments and all I can think is, "SC's Dillon was kinda dull, too." I think it's been so long that SC was on, it's easy to build his Dillon up as this great, interesting, dynamic character...that he never was. I found Dillon and Georgie to be mind numbingly boring, but that was mainly because Georgie was mind numbingly boring.

I found SC's Dillon to be fun, interesting, and worth watching with his family, but outside of his family, I either didn't care-*GQ*, or I wanted to punch him-like the numerous times he acted like he was so much better than the rest of his family. I found his so called quirkiness to be more annoying than anything. And SC IMO, during the time he played Dillon, anyway-did not have the automatic chemistry and warmth with so many people that I think RPW's Dillon has.

RPW's Dillon can be a bit dull away from his family, too......but IMO that just puts him on par with SC. It doesn't make him worse, that's for sure. And I honestly think that's mainly the fault of the writers. This is one character I'm watching to see what the new writers  do in terms of "depth".

• Love 3

Perfext example of this is thatI love Rick Hearst, so when Ric locks a woman in a panic room in a plan to steal the woman's baby, when he dry his own wife, when he plots to kill his brother, when he cheats on his cancer stricken wife with her daughter, when he hires a con woman and lies to the alleged love of his life, and when he attempts to scam another woman out of her money, I'm unabashedly #TeamRic.. . .

In the real world I think murder is murder is murder. .

Word!

I like Ava/Julian- weird siblimgs, Ava- always drinking, and Ava- messing with Sonny's fragile male brain. But I hate that AJ had to be sacrificed for her and Sonny. And all for stupid Kannie and no carbs Julian. The way Ava killed Kannie was stupid, but some of the coverup was genius. Except I'd rather AJ/Ava than Sonny anything. I also liked Trey better than Kannie.

• Love 2

I wasn't gonna like that because of the GQ hate, but otherwise I completely agree so +1.

Honestly Dillon is probably the only character I even care about right now. His are the only scenes in the past like month probably that I've actually liked.

I care about all the Qs. It's just that it's mostly caring from afar, since so many are dead and gone, and the ones that are left are barely shown (except Dillon). Even Michael isn't on much anymore, which just goes to show what happens to you if you have a falling from grace with Sonny et al. At any rate, I kinda adore the little family unit with Dillon, his mom, and pop. I think in any combination, their scenes light up the screen, and make my time bothering to watch, worthwhile.  It's a travesty this show wastes some of the best actors it has. The fact that RB has had almost nothing to do and scant airtime, and JE hasn't been on in almost six weeks, there's just no excuse. And I honestly think it's that-that underlying lack of appreciation and respect of their performers-that turns me off GH as much or more than anything else.

• Love 6

No matter how shitty the show gets, I can't hope for cancellation.  As much as many of us find it bad to un-watchable these days, there are still people who are enjoying the show.  So, let them watch it.  It's not like we're somehow obligated to spend any of our time watching if we've hit the point where we'd think "cancellation wouldn't be so bad after all."  

Besides, the state the show is in now, I wouldn't want to see the finale that springs from the current Port Charles universe.  We'd need to get someone in there to fix a whole hell of a lot before sending the show off into the sunset.  

• Love 14

Alright everybody, stand back, because I am about to unleash the Unpopular Opinion that will top all other Unpopular Opinions, to wit:

If fucking Sonny and fucking Carly are going to be the ones to have baby AJ, I want said baby shot dead in the next (interminable) mob war.  The only reason I was able to put up with Yet.  Another.  Baby. on the canvas was because of the fascinating possibility that Michael having custody of her and never talking to Sonny and/or Carly again would lead to Sonny finally suffering some fucking consequences for his actions for once on this fakakta show.  Now that has been destroyed, I see no reason for little A.J. to stick around.  She can go to Heaven and be the cutest baby angel there.

Oh, and the same goes for obnoxious TJ.  If he's going to be just another Sonny ass-kisser, than kill him off.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 5