Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

Patrick now looks like a newscaster with his helmet hair.

Could not be a more spot on description. I halfway expect him to suddenly start commentating from the sidelines once the truth about Jason is revealed, he can conduct the "key" interviews from the major players.

Patrick: So Liz, tell us, Jake is really Jason, the shock, the surprise...thoughts?

Liz:: ...um...just - like - SHOCKED! I am so very SHOCKED! right now...never saw it coming, nope.

Patrick: Carly?

Carly: *Has yet to release Jason's right leg and growls whenever anyone comes near*

Patrick: Uh...let's go now to GH and see if we can get a direct quote from Sonny Corinthos himself

Sonny: *Crawls his way to the elevator* I'm coming Jason! Buddy boy I'm coming!

Patrick: As the town of PC reels from this shocker to end all shockers I'll go and see if I can get in one more quickie with Sam - updates at 11

• Love 10

I've got a few, and trust me, they are quite unpopular:

1) I don't think Liz is going under any bus. She doesn't learn from her mistakes or her history, so she keeps repeating the same ones over and over, only getting worse as time goes on.

2) I don't see Valerie as this homewrecking bitch. I think she was lonely and made some pretty big mistakes, but when she originally came to town, she had no designs on Dante whatsoever. He was the one who wanted to comfort her and bond over their single mothers raising them, and the fact that Luke is a jackass psycho.

3) I don't care that Carly was the one who discovered it was Jason. Instead of making her even more shrill, harpy and obsessive, it's done the complete opposite and made her tolerable at the very least. 

I'm sure I have more, but I really should get back to work before I get fired.

• Love 6

1) I don't think Liz is going under any bus. She doesn't learn from her mistakes or her history, so she keeps repeating the same ones over and over, only getting worse as time goes on.

This is who Liez is - a lying, desperate, crazy person, obsessed with Jason's dick. 

• Love 1

I've got a few, and trust me, they are quite unpopular:

I definitely think you can see this story as a culmination of all Liz has done over the years, I just think it sucks that they've reduced a very popular character to this. The fans deserve better, imo. She deserves a romance of her own, not to be the hanger-on in a Sam/Jason triangle. And I'm sure the Sam/Jason fans (most of them) would appreciate her away in her own story as well. Basically, everyone's getting screwed.

• Love 13

My UO here is that I'm fine with Carly finding out about Jake being Jason and possibly blowing up the secret.  Her connection with Jason (which she reminds us and other characters about over and over and over again) makes her the almost perfect candidate to do so.  Truthfully, there really are four characters currently on the canvas for whom it'd make sense to reveal it -- Sam, Carly, Michael, and, on an off chance, Monica.  Sam should ideally have been the one to put the pieces together.  But if she couldn't, then if one takes a moment to step back and look at the whole thing with some objectivity, Carly was the next best thing.  So it doesn't bother me.

And contrary to what's being said on the thread for the episode discussion, I'm more than okay with Maxie being mad at Nathan for not telling her about Dante and Valerie.  She was right that she could've found a way to get Dante to come clean months ago, with Nathan's help, and avoid Lulu being publicly humiliated.  Hell, as has been said, she could've found a way to force Dante's hand!  But I'm also glad that she doesn't seem mad at Nathan anymore since she at least understands that he was in a tough, unenviable position.

Edited by Bryce Smith
  • Love 2
She was right that she could've found a way to get Dante to come clean months ago, with Nathan's help

It's not up to her and Nathan to try to fix Lulu and Dante's marriage. And as has been noted, she's saying all this in hindsight. Maxie is pretty impulsive, and I can't see her stopping to think before rushing to tell Lulu that her husband cheated.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

I thought that the Jasam of the past was a boring couple. The only time that they sparkled in my opinion was the time that they were reading gun magazines. Perhaps with Billy Miller in the role they may shine.

Agree x 1000. It's only been since Jason died that I've begun to like Sam.

• Love 1

I liked JaSam way back when they first started, when she was pregnant with Sonny's spawn.  Since then, I've gone from being bored to actively annoyed by them.  I'll go really unpopular now and say that, today, they did absolutely nothing for me.  It's like the show is just going through the motions to get from one agenda item to the next in their wrap up of a story that should have either been wrapped up 6 months ago or never written in the first place, and BM could not be less invested in it. 

• Love 4

I thought that the Jasam of the past was a boring couple. The only time that they sparkled in my opinion was the time that they were reading gun magazines. Perhaps with Billy Miller in the role they may shine.

I hate Jason, but I'll be the first to admit that the first iteration of JaSam was really popular. And there were parts of that story that I genuinely enjoyed, even as a true blue hater of half of the pairing.

But subsequent iterations haven't worked IMHO, especially after he threatened to kill her. It's just like Sonny shooting Carly in the head, calling her a "whore", etc., I just cant get into a couple again after one half treats the other so horribly.

And yes I know it happens in real life all the time that one half treats the other terribly and the couple stays together or eventually splits and then reunites, but I wouldn't put up with it in my life, and I can't watch it on tv either.

• Love 3

I hate Jason, but I'll be the first to admit that the first iteration of JaSam was really popular. And there were parts of that story that I genuinely enjoyed, even as a true blue hater of half of the pairing.

But subsequent iterations haven't worked IMHO, especially after he threatened to kill her. It's just like Sonny shooting Carly in the head, calling her a "whore", etc., I just cant get into a couple again after one half treats the other so horribly.

And yes I know it happens in real life all the time that one half treats the other terribly and the couple stays together or eventually splits and then reunites, but I wouldn't put up with it in my life, and I can't watch it on tv either.

This.

Jason threatning Sam was way abusive and I didn't want her in a relationship ever with someone who would abuse her.

Nor should Jason have got back the woman who watched his mistake get kidnapped and did nothing to stop it. I was glad when this happened cause I thought naively that it would mean the end of Jasam.

• Love 1

Friday's episode adds another adjective to describe Sam -- sniveling. So now she is whiny, weepy, sniveling Sam, the yakker. 

The only female character Burton's Jason Morgan every sparkled with was Vanessa Marcel's Brenda. These two actors were like rubbing diamonds together.  So of course they put her with Bernard's Sonny and Burton's Jason got mired in the quicksand of verbiage that is Sam.

• Love 3

I get that Julexis and Ava/Morgan were popular but between them Anna/Sloane and the out-of-nowhere Madeline/Ric and whatever they're doing with Anna/New!shrink would really like to see a pairing where the male is within at least a decade of the female.

I'd really like for them to cast males closer in age to the women they're supposed to be paired with

I will never hate Elizabeth, no matter how crazy or awful she behaves. I still have a soft spot for L&L 2 (Jonathan Jackson version, the One True Lucky - yes, I'm one of those people). I will admit that it helps to mostly not be watching the show anymore.

• Love 10

I prefer Emme as Lulu over JMB. I almost care about Lulu now; before she could have been run over by a hundred buses and I would have been okay with it.

I didn't see much of JMB as Lulu, but I never was a huge fan. I didn't love ER at first, but I've grown quite fond of her Lulu. She's the only thing imo that's making this story somewhat bearable to endure.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I like Carly.

I like Spinelli.

I don't hate Luke or TG.

I don't care that much about Anna or Robert.

I never understood the appeal of Ava and Morgan and think the relationship helped ruin Ava.

Carlos is useless to me.

Rebecca Herbst looks old enough to have a teen son.

Avery isn't all that adorable to me. I would kill her off along with Dead Now Alive Jake, Spencer, and the future Dante/Val baby, Maybe Leo as well.

Emma is blah. 

I found Lisa Niles amusing. 

If I had to live in PC and be around those people I would probably act like Kiki.

Brenda seems kinda useless and bimbo-ish and is very annoying, 

• Love 1

I will never hate Elizabeth, no matter how crazy or awful she behaves. I still have a soft spot for L&L 2 (Jonathan Jackson version, the One True Lucky - yes, I'm one of those people). I will admit that it helps to mostly not be watching the show anymore.

YMMV, and maybe this is a UO within itself, but I really don't think loving OR hating Elizabeth is a UO at all. If anything, being INDIFFERENT to her, or being torn between loving and hating her (sometimes liking her, sometimes not), is the REAL UO. I think the audience is equally divided enough between fans and detractors of Liz (and that includes here, too--there are equal numbers of "likes", if that counts as anything, for posts either for or against Liz, from what I've seen), that, like Carly, she counts more as a "polarizing" character, rather than a popular or unpopular character (minus, of course, the battle over four actresses that Carly brings to the table).

That could just be me, of course. 

• Love 4

That's how I see it as well, UYI.

being torn between loving and hating her (sometimes liking her, sometimes not), is the REAL UO.

This is how I feel about Liz. I would say I generally fall more on the hate side, but I loved her during the (far too brief) AJ/Liz romance. And I loved her in the few clips I saw with her/Matt. I normally like her in scenes with her kids (not so much now since she's currently being a pretty terrible mom). I loved the early Britt/Liz scenes and I like the Sam/Liz scenes more often than not.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

For the life of me, I can't see what's so awesome about Liz or Sam that the fans are constantly battling amongst themselves.

Add me to the small contingent that couldn't care less about Anna/Robert together. Not after the way she treated him the first time she saw him after his return from the dead. He stayed dead to protect her and she literally kicked him in the teeth.

• Love 2

I have a good one - I like Heather and I don't mind at all when she makes her returns. The kidnapping story went on for too long, but I can't hate anyone that treats Carly like the filth that she is. Plus RM is awesome.

• Love 7

Hi-- longtime lurker first time poster to GH.  I love SCRUBS, but I missed a couple of years of their story because of life.  Recently, I fell down a wormhole of the SCRUBS story on youtube, and I came away less than pleased with Robin-- totally unexpected since I really thought that Patrick carried the douche bag banner for the relationship.  My issue-- Robin' post partum depression behavior.  The second she left her baby for hours in Kelly's and didn't decide to get serious about treatment was the moment I lost a lot of respect for her character.  That's a criminal offense-- straight up child endangerment.  Like, even if you are mired in PPD, you should get some damn help for leaving your baby in a restaurant for hours-- that should be the turning point (long before letting your baby roll down stairs in a stroller).  So, in my mathematical formulation-- leaving your baby in a restaurant is pretty much an even exchange for Patrick sleeping with Lisa.  Because at least Patrick told Robin about sleeping with Lisa.  Robin covered-up leaving their damn baby alone for hours.  Also, he's referred to by others on several occasions as the best neurosurgeon in the country, yet she was always telling him how to do his job.  That bugged me to no end.  And, since I'm on a roll-- she was equal parts ass in their relationship compared to him.  He's an immature, attention-starved child most of the time, but damn if she wasn't equally detrimental to the relationship. To whit: the way she treated him when she was first pregnant (making him take her to damn court), her obsession with Jason and Sonny (I mean, hell, they were her go-to confidants when she had PPD!!, testifying in Sonny's defense when he shot his own damn son-- it's just ridiculous), she didn't seem to value him in the relationship (I'm going to go to Africa for a month without talking to you first, I'm going to pretend to go to Africa while I deal with my HIV which I don't want to tell you about, I'm never going to leave you or Emma again...).  Anyway, I came away thinking Patrick didn't have the stronghold on douche status in the relationship, and I didn't expect that at all.

• Love 4

Hi-- longtime lurker first time poster to GH. I love SCRUBS, but I missed a couple of years of their story because of life. Recently, I fell down a wormhole of the SCRUBS story on youtube, and I came away less than pleased with Robin-- totally unexpected since I really thought that Patrick carried the douche bag banner for the relationship. My issue-- Robin' post partum depression behavior. The second she left her baby for hours in Kelly's and didn't decide to get serious about treatment was the moment I lost a lot of respect for her character. That's a criminal offense-- straight up child endangerment. Like, even if you are mired in PPD, you should get some damn help for leaving your baby in a restaurant for hours-- that should be the turning point (long before letting your baby roll down stairs in a stroller). So, in my mathematical formulation-- leaving your baby in a restaurant is pretty much an even exchange for Patrick sleeping with Lisa. Because at least Patrick told Robin about sleeping with Lisa. Robin covered-up leaving their damn baby alone for hours. Also, he's referred to by others on several occasions as the best neurosurgeon in the country, yet she was always telling him how to do his job. That bugged me to no end. And, since I'm on a roll-- she was equal parts ass in their relationship compared to him. He's an immature, attention-starved child most of the time, but damn if she wasn't equally detrimental to the relationship. To whit: the way she treated him when she was first pregnant (making him take her to damn court), her obsession with Jason and Sonny (I mean, hell, they were her go-to confidants when she had PPD!!, testifying in Sonny's defense when he shot his own damn son-- it's just ridiculous), she didn't seem to value him in the relationship (I'm going to go to Africa for a month without talking to you first, I'm going to pretend to go to Africa while I deal with my HIV which I don't want to tell you about, I'm never going to leave you or Emma again...). Anyway, I came away thinking Patrick didn't have the stronghold on douche status in the relationship, and I didn't expect that at all.

I've always thought the douchey behavior was pretty evenly divided between Patrick and Robin in their relationship, and that's one of the things that drew me to them. Each gave as good as they got, there was no inequality there, and each got a point of view in nearly every situation.

Even in the last couple of years, with Robin CLEARLY being the victim and getting the short end of the stick, whatever half-assed glimpses we got into Patrick's point of made him understandable and sympathetic to me. Robin has always had a hard time giving Patrick the benefit of the doubt (much of it definitely self-inflicted on Patrick's part) long before the cheating.

Even back in 2006, Robin would not get off his back about giving Noah a break and then she turns around and treats her own father like shit from almost the moment she found out he was alive.

Aside from the interplay between JT and KMc, it was the almost total equality in the relationship (when other parties weren't butting in - Noah and Anna being the most frequent offenders) that really hooked me. I never truly had a moment of "Why is he/she even still with her/him?" Because BOTH characters gave as good at they got with the bad as well as the good.

• Love 6

I have a good one - I like Heather and I don't mind at all when she makes her returns. The kidnapping story went on for too long, but I can't hate anyone that treats Carly like the filth that she is. Plus RM is awesome.

She also hates Olivia. If it weren't for her Luke love she'd have impeccable taste.

• Love 5

I've been watching Port Charles online lately.

I'm kinda mad that Show wasted the chemistry between KeMo and ME for the boring af pairing of SamTrick. Yeah, Nina, blah. Silas, should have been a cop. It's like they destroyed everything for Jasus/Sonny again. Had ME been given a better character (or even Roger Howarth as they had chemistry ) the whole Jasus story would make sense. I dgaf about Liz, as I'm positive she still loves Lucky. But Sam being torn between a hot cop/anyone but Patrick and Jasus.... that's soap.

And I do love Heather, too. I still don't think RH is playing Franco.

She thinks for the most part that both her sons, Franco and Steven Lars are awesome and if it wasn't for the fact that she disapproved their love interests, she would still think they were awesome.

She's hated Franco since he tried to kill her.

• Love 1

She's hated Franco since he tried to kill her.

Which makes her one of the most sensible people in town.  Most people don't let a little murder or attempted murder get between them and a loved one for longer than a minute. 

• Love 10

I always felt a little sorry for Helena when Alexis or Sam boosted that Alexis' whore* mother was the love of Mikkos' life. Kind of like the Flowers in the Attic book series where you find out why the Olivia is such a bitch. Considering how unhinged Lulu has become since the Val/Dante affair was revealed, maybe Mikkos' affair sent her over the edge, and she would have been some cold, yet devoted (because to her one credit, she was devoted) matriarch. I desperately want it revealed that Mikkos basically had a mistress in every port  and her mother wasn't that special.

I don't want to even want to use the word whore because I have far more respect and pity for them than I do for some kept gold digging bitch. 

I always felt a little sorry for Helena when Alexis or Sam boosted that Alexis' whore* mother was the love of Mikkos' life. Kind of like the Flowers in the Attic book series where you find out why the Olivia is such a bitch. Considering how unhinged Lulu has become since the Val/Dante affair was revealed, maybe Mikkos' affair sent her over the edge, and she would have been some cold, yet devoted (because to her one credit, she was devoted) matriarch. I desperately want it revealed that Mikkos basically had a mistress in every port and her mother wasn't that special.

I don't want to even want to use the word whore because I have far more respect and pity for them than I do for some kept gold digging bitch.

Stefan is older than Alexis, and he remembers her as always being a bad mom.

I wish Lulu was unhinged. I wanted her to claw out Dante's face with her nails.

• Love 5

I don't think Sam was being written out of character when she hired guys from her show to pretend to be thugs to scare Elizabeth - it was a con, she was a con artist and  she didn't actually endanger Liz or her kids

• Love 3

It was fucked up but none of the things she did as a con artist were benign and since it actually happened for real less than a year later with Russian mobsters(?) - eh.

I mean, it was done to damage the character to facilitate Jason/Liz but I don't think it was out of her wheelhouse. Taunting Liz about kidnaped Jake being dead seemed much more OOC to me

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

Rebecca Herbst looks old enough to have a teen son.

THIS. Becky HAS a teenage son, and her daughter isn't too far off from being one, either. Let poor Cameron's balls drop already, FFS. 

• Love 13

Robin need never have come back to this show after her very brief 2000 (?) return. Great character in the '90s, but I haven't cared about anything they've done with her since. Scrubs is a snooze. 

The Jennifer Bransford Carly was the one I enjoyed most. The humor involving her on message boards was good fun (I hope the actress never read it, though), and she was the Carly who was "vulnerable." Sarah Brown's was vulnerable too, but more obnoxious. Tamara Braun's version was just about the nastiest piece of work I've ever seen on this show, and Laura Wright's is a banshee. 

I never hate Liz. I've taken her side against all of her female enemies that I've seen: Katherine, Carly, Gia, Courtney, Sam, Maxie, and whatsherface from Ireland who always wore the beret. Didn't really see her storyline with Britt, although I know who the character is. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4

For the life of me, I can't see what's so awesome about Liz or Sam that the fans are constantly battling amongst themselves.

Add me to the small contingent that couldn't care less about Anna/Robert together. Not after the way she treated him the first time she saw him after his return from the dead. He stayed dead to protect her and she literally kicked him in the teeth.

Co-signed. I like Anna & Robert as friends but that's it. 

• Love 2

I loved Anna / Robert AND I think Robert / Holly were wonderful and romantic AND so were Anna / Duke.    

(Of course, I'm talking about the real, in-character versions of these characters, not most of the mess we've been subjected to in the 2000s.  And really only 80s Holly -- poor woman wasn't written in character in the 90s, either).

That may be an unpopular opinion, since I think most viewers tend to pick only one "love-of-his/her-life" for these characters.    

I do tend to prefer Anna / Robert, but a lot of that is probably because I think FH and TR are the best actors of the bunch, and their characters were the most interesting to me as individuals.  All three couples / stories really worked for me.  

Also, Luke and Holly were great together! ---- ha ha ha, I'm joking ... they were nauseating.

• Love 6