Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

I wonder what would have happened if Ric had taken Morgan. I'll say it.

Considering what a giant hole of suck he is, I'll say Morgan might have had a chance. Michael might not be taken by women who lie to him, as Carly would be dead. (Or gone.) Sonny would've moved on with Random Brenda Clone #324. AJ would be alive. Dante would be a decent man who'd never been shot in the chest. Kate Howard would be a fashion mogul running Crimson. Cake would be alive. Kiki wouldn't be in town. Silas would've never come to town. SamTrick would've never happened because Rafe wouldn't have killed ShamWow. Ron wouldn't be the Head Writer. Franco would be dead.

Carly ruins everything. Dammit Carly.

• Love 4

I don't hate Franco and Nina.  Franco is still Todd, in my mind, and I've always enjoyed RH.  I like MS, and I'm pretending her storyline is about a woman who woke up from a decades long coma, and is attempting to live her life in a very socially awkward, arrested development kind of way.  She's not Kate, of course, but it's nice to have the magazine back, and focus on an occupation other than the mob.

• Love 6

I really like the Nina and Crimson story. It's refreshing to see a woman actually thinking about her job for a change. I also like the relationship she has with Maxie.

I still hate Franco, but I'm resigned to his presence. The show can work as hard as it wants to make him happen, but he never will with me.

• Love 6

I wonder what would have happened if Ric had taken Morgan. I'll say it.

Considering what a giant hole of suck he is, I'll say Morgan might have had a chance. Michael might not be taken by women who lie to him, as Carly would be dead. (Or gone.) Sonny would've moved on with Random Brenda Clone #324. AJ would be alive. Dante would be a decent man who'd never been shot in the chest. Kate Howard would be a fashion mogul running Crimson. Cake would be alive. Kiki wouldn't be in town. Silas would've never come to town. SamTrick would've never happened because Rafe wouldn't have killed ShamWow. Ron wouldn't be the Head Writer. Franco would be dead.

Carly ruins everything. Dammit Carly.

On that note, Carly wouldn't have convinced Diego to stay in town, then Lorenzo would've stayed legitimate and never backtracked to save his son's life. Lorenzo would be in the midst of Quartermaine hijinks with AJ and far removed from anything to do with Mumbles and the Borg.

A Carly free world...

• Love 4

It's 2016, and Kristina is still boring and irrelevant, and played by a bad actress. I need Franco to go all "what tumor?" and just go full throttle. Seriously, I have a list of peeps he can dispatch any day now. She's candidate #1.

Alexis is my #1 candidate followed by Sonny with Kristina, Sam, and Carly rounding out the top 5. LA just has no screen presence or charisma and her acting ranges from smug face to mumbling sighs to crocodile tears.

• Love 1

I'd rather Franco forget the rest and off himself. He sucks more than all of the above combined. At least most of those (save for Sonny and his circle) aren't SERIAL KILLERS.

My UO in all this? Krissy never bothered me much.

• Love 6

My UO - I have never thought Kin Shriner was very good actor.  There's something about his speech pattern; on his Ps and Ts I always think he's spraying his acting  partner.  It pulls me out of all of his scenes.

I've seen old clips of Scotty and Laura, way too saccharine for me.  Then when they turned him into a villain he became too much of a caricature.

The only story of his I ever liked was when he was with Dominique.  It raised his game and from then on I always felt she was the love of his life, not Laura.

• Love 1

My UO is there's actually something worse than being a serial killer as a character. Obviously, the "anti hero(ine) thing is still sort of popular these days, otherwise shows like Breaking Bad and Dexter never would have been hits. Neither were my cup of tea, however. Still-as a character, if you're boring, and as an actor you're a bit ungood, yes, that is worse than your character being a serial killer.

Yes, I think Kristina needs to die far more than Franco needs to die. At least Franco has shown that when he actually has a friend, he knows how to act like a friend. And RH may have tricks and shticks, but he CAN act when he wants to. That alone puts him above "Krissy" and Lexi for me.

Oh, who am I kidding. Her stupid nickname is enough for me to want her gone.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3

My UO is there's actually something worse than being a serial killer as a character. Obviously, the "anti hero(ine) thing is still sort of popular these days, otherwise shows like Breaking Bad and Dexter never would have been hits. Neither were my cup of tea, however. Still-as a character, if you're boring, and as an actor you're a bit ungood, yes, that is worse than your character being a serial killer.

Yes, I think Kristina needs to die far more than Franco needs to die. At least Franco has shown that when he actually has a friend, he knows how to act like a friend. And RH may have tricks and shticks, but he CAN act when he wants to. That alone puts him above "Krissy" and Lexi for me.

Oh, who am I kidding. Her stupid nickname is enough for me to want her gone.

I can understand the dislike some have for her, but I don't think the previous regimes cared enough about her to flesh her out. Guza vilified her in her own anise storyline and then marginalized her to focus on the men, Wolf pretty much met with NP (Ethan) and gave NP what he wanted (what he praised as his favorite story - the romance with Helena's daughter) while not doing the same for LA, and the recast Kristina seemed like a failed attempt at a mini-Carly (which seemed to be what JFP wanted).

A lot of missed potential with her Cassadine roots, her potential Quartermaine ties through Michael and Ned, her relationship with "Daddy Ric" that evaporated when they needed to have someone be Jason's goat, and an anti-mob POV (that seems to be almost entirely gone now).

I still think the character has potential, although I have serious doubts this show would capitalize on it. I'm still curious if this new story with Parker will continue to focus on LA and her character, or if she will be relegated to the sidelines again.

• Love 4

I can understand the dislike some have for her, but I don't think the previous regimes cared enough about her to flesh her out. Guza vilified her in her own anise storyline and then marginalized her to focus on the men, Wolf pretty much met with NP (Ethan) and gave NP what he wanted (what he praised as his favorite story - the romance with Helena's daughter) while not doing the same for LA, and the recast Kristina seemed like a failed attempt at a mini-Carly (which seemed to be what JFP wanted).

A lot of missed potential with her Cassadine roots, her potential Quartermaine ties through Michael and Ned, her relationship with "Daddy Ric" that evaporated when they needed to have someone be Jason's goat, and an anti-mob POV (that seems to be almost entirely gone now).

I still think the character has potential, although I have serious doubts this show would capitalize on it. I'm still curious if this new story with Parker will continue to focus on LA and her character, or if she will be relegated to the sidelines again.

JFP wasn't even at GH when they recast Kristina. She was long gone by then. The writing for Kristina with Lindsey in the role had everything to do with Ron wanting to push his characters. It was all about making Trey, Starr, and Crazy Connie look good. 

Yes the writing for Kristina is still crap but I don't think LA is that grand an actress. What little I've seen her in outside of GH wasn't anything impressive. She basically has her one trick(crying) and not much else.

• Love 2

JFP wasn't even at GH when they recast Kristina. She was long gone by then. The writing for Kristina with Lindsey in the role had everything to do with Ron wanting to push his characters. It was all about making Trey, Starr, and Crazy Connie look good.

I understand that she left at that point, but the approach seemed to fit the direction JFP was said to want the character to take, regardless of the purpose behind RC's writing.

Yes the writing for Kristina is still crap but I don't think LA is that grand an actress. What little I've seen her in outside of GH wasn't anything impressive. She basically has her one trick(crying) and not much else.

I don't think she's bad, although I preferred anti-mob Kristina much her to mob supporter 1001. My point was that the writers have never really cared enough to make her more than a plot point. Given the subject matter, perhaps that will change. Or, given the history of this show, perhaps not.

• Love 1

I understand that she left at that point, but the approach seemed to fit the direction JFP was said to want the character to take, regardless of the purpose behind RC's writing.

I don't think she's bad, although I preferred anti-mob Kristina much her to mob supporter 1001. My point was that the writers have never really cared enough to make her more than a plot point. Given the subject matter, perhaps that will change. Or, given the history of this show, perhaps not.

When was Kristina anti mob? She had a problem with her father being a criminal but was perfectly fine with St. Jasus and Johnny being criminals.

• Love 1

I don't think LA is fantastic but I think she's decent, she connects with her scene partners and she has chemistry with them.

If RP and RPW managed that, I'd talk less shit about them

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

When was Kristina anti mob? She had a problem with her father being a criminal but was perfectly fine with St. Jasus and Johnny being criminals.

Not in the sense Robert or Anna are, but she did criticize the mob when Michael wanted to join; she also tried to address that while she cared about Sonny, what he did wasn't good. She also wanted Ethan out of the mob.

And everyone seems to give the Holy Hitman a pass, even though he kills people for the mob (which, given his casual talks about killing Dante and McBain, conceivably include innocent people as well). The man lied about Michael's paternity and everyone made excuses for him, and treated him like the victim, instead of AJ. It's bizzaro world when it comes to Jason. Unless you were an inept or "evil" cop (only evil cops dislike the Second Coming), you eventually fell prey to his Holiness.

• Love 4

Not in the sense Robert or Anna are, but she did criticize the mob when Michael wanted to join; she also tried to address that while she cared about Sonny, what he did wasn't good. She also wanted Ethan out of the mob.

And everyone seems to give the Holy Hitman a pass, even though he kills people for the mob (which, given his casual talks about killing Dante and McBain, conceivably include innocent people as well). The man lied about Michael's paternity and everyone made excuses for him, and treated him like the victim, instead of AJ. It's bizzaro world when it comes to Jason. Unless you were an inept or "evil" cop (only evil cops dislike the Second Coming), you eventually fell prey to his Holiness.

She's never been anti mob. She's like her hypocrite mother. Claims to be be against the mob but has no problem defending mobsters and even using mob power hen convenient. And Kristina absolutely adores big sister Sam who up until a couple of years ago was gun toting alongside Jasus.

She's never been anti mob. She's like her hypocrite mother. Claims to be be against the mob but has no problem defending mobsters and even using mob power hen convenient. And Kristina absolutely adores big sister Sam who up until a couple of years ago was gun toting alongside Jasus.

I don't think she'd try so hard to convince Michael not to join the mob if she had no issues with it, or try to make Michael understand that while she cares about Sonny, she doesn't think it's right to excuse his actions.

Everyone is apparently a mob supporter now, however, so it's unfortunately a moot point with this current regime.

• Love 4

I'm in a creative writing mood tonight and watching GH video clips. There's a scene from awhile back with Jason and Robin where Jason reminices about them being at the bridge and contemplating jumping, and Jason says to her, "Think of all the things that we would have missed (had they jumped). It's too soon to jump."

Whenever I hear that I think that the perfect ending for GH woudl be for Jason and Robin to meet at that bridge ... and jump. And the show ends, Thelma and Louise style.

The Quaternmaine boy. The Scorpio girl.

The boy with no past and the girl with no future.

While I do care how they get there (both have terminal illnesses. Or maybe they're 96 and 92 years old, respectively), in a way, it doesn't matter, because I just think that flashing back to this moment:

https://youtu.be/rOBkQYK4qwA?t=1m13s

and then cut to them in the present, watching them take each other's hand, smile at each other, and jump like they don't have a care in the world, would be the most perfect way to end this show.

But that's me. And perhaps a rather unpopular opinion.

Lawd, you just reminded me of a time when I wanted JnR as endgame in whatever soap form it happened. I don't anymore and haven't in forever, but I get the nostalgia and the sentiment, for sure.

Mainly, I truly love the dialogue and the scenario of the two people saying it. Those two people with their history, their legacy. And their own scenario.

Whoever thought of saying it was "too soon" as opposed to saying it was an outright mistake was a genius.  It' was such a (unintentional, I assume) long-game move.

Plus the whole "be in the moment" sentiment of the girl with no future and the boy with no past. The only thing that matters is the present. And freeze.

Edited by Francie

Mainly, I truly love the dialogue and the scenario of the two people saying it. Those two people with their history, their legacy. And their own scenario.

Whoever thought of saying it was "too soon" as opposed to saying it was an outright mistake was a genius. It' was such a (unintentional, I assume) long-game move.

Plus the whole "be in the moment" sentiment of the girl with no future and the boy with no past. The only thing that matters is the present. And freeze.

I just wish this show didn't completely trash Jason in every way imaginable for me because I don't want my girl going out like that with him, lol.

Ultimately, I'm grateful this show moved Robin past "the girl with no future." She was able to realize that she can have a normal life. So I wouldn't want her to ever get back to that. That scene and it's dialogue worked perfectly for their state of mind in that moment, though.

• Love 2

I don't blame Laura Wright saying that the Corinthos family should be front and center and don't hold it against her. Do I agree with that premise? No, but fact of the matter is, as long as Corinthos family (along with the connected Jerome/Davis family) are front and center, Sonny and Carly are some what safe, because they aren't doing to them what the show ended up doing to Felecia when her girls came front and center.

• Love 1

I don't blame Laura Wright saying that the Corinthos family should be front and center and don't hold it against her. Do I agree with that premise? No, but fact of the matter is, as long as Corinthos family (along with the connected Jerome/Davis family) are front and center, Sonny and Carly are some what safe, because they aren't doing to them what the show ended up doing to Felecia when her girls came front and center.

I hope she at least gets a bonus check for acting as GH's publicist/#1 cheerleader. 

• Love 3

The thing is, about not being fleshed  out or written for, or knowing what your character is about in a scene-I think that's true of EVERY character these days, and has been for a few years now. Yet some people manage to make something out of the scraps they are given, and I just don't think Lexi can, or has.  And I think in this business, if you can't do that, you better be drop dead gorgeous or have connections or something else to save you.  *shrug* But that's a dead horse for me, really. As is the subject of how badly Kristina sucks. After a while, it just becomes pointless, like saying the sky is blue. It's a fact for me, and it's not likely to change until and unless they recast her and give her writing a serious overhaul. 

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

Laura Wright is a Maryland girl, like me. For that reason alone, I can't dislike her (and a near DC Maryland girl--even better! WOO HOO!).

She is?!? (Me too!) 

So am I. I'd rather know that Kimberly was from the same state I'm from. Nothing against Wright, personally, but since I loathe her character, I'm not woo-hooing this bit of news. 

Yes, I'm mean.

• Love 1

She is?!? (Me too!) 

Yep, from PG County (Clinton, to be exact).

So am I. I'd rather know that Kimberly was from the same state I'm from. Nothing against Wright, personally, but since I loathe her character, I'm not woo-hooing this bit of news. 

Yes, I'm mean.

Okay, Ebenezer. (I kid, I kid.)

• Love 2

Hoo, boy. Here goes. I have to have the courage of my convictions. 

Sometimes I think Bry-dawg is kind of...good. Hear me out. It's in the lighter moments. Today when he was playing Scrabble with Kiki, he sounded as though he had studied Maurice Benard's mannerisms, and he did a more than passable "younger Sonny" flirting. He was funny. I like him with Hayley Erin. 

• Love 4

I think Bryan is good at times too, but admittedly his real life personality colors my view and Morgan has gotten annoying. If they made him a bit more unapologetic fun bad boy instead of emo everything-bad-he-does-is-because-of-bipolar mode, I'd be back to liking him again. I really liked him up until maybe last February. I was fine with him lying to Michael about AJ but when he called Michael petty I had to throw in the towel.

I think on a show with actual rehearsal time he'd probably be very good, but on one-take GH you can hear him stumble a bit on his lines.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11
I think on a show with actual rehearsal time he'd probably be very good, but on one-take GH you can hear him stumble a bit on his lines.

I don't know. He's very hammy with the more dramatic scenes, and that has nothing to do with the one-take restrictions.

I think Bryan is good at times too, but admittedly his real life personality colors my view and Morgan has gotten annoying. If they made him a bit more unapologetic fun bad boy instead of emo everything-bad-he-does-is-because-of-bipolar mode, I'd be back to liking him again. I really liked him up until maybe last February. I was fine with him lying to Michael about AJ but when he called Michael petty I had to throw in the towel.

I disagree. Bryan is a terrible actress the MB imitations he likes to do are more harm than good. He's just not a good actor dramatic or comedic scenes.

I don't know. He's very hammy with the more dramatic scenes, and that has nothing to do with the one-take restrictions.

I'm going to be generous and fault the combined influence of MB and FV. Especially FV.

• Love 2

I liked Sam/Jason as a couple

There's more...while I thought their build up was well done in 2004/05, I liked their relationship better post-2009 (at least until RC) because Sam had a family and a job and a life outside of her relationship with Jasus

Edited by Oracle42

I still think Paul has potential if they white wash the mob thing and get him into a corporate  story with ELQ or Cassadine Enterprises.

Is that unpopular? Eh. I think Richard is a good actor, and he deserves better than being Sonny's new enemy du jour. And if the writers can't come up with something for Sonny other than battling someone, it should just be Ava alone.

She came to town and five minutes later was trying to whack someone. It's not like it would be OOC for her.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4

Paul has a boss, apparently, so whitewashing him could be really easy. He threw in with the mob because his family was threatened (we had a Susan and PJ mention). It's the classic reason. And I don't think RB really sells the mob stuff anyway. That's probably more the fault of the writing—we don't know why he's in with the mob, and the story is underwritten.

• Love 3