Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions: "I hate BLTs from Kelly's!"

• Start Topic

Since it is the UO thread, all the "Robin and Lucky" talk squicks me out. Sorry, but JJ's version still reminds me of a teenaged boy. Now if it's GV's version? Sure. Since my still-beloved Scrubs (much as I try to hate them) were so fucked over by Ron.

• Love 3

Raise your hand if you ever felt personally victimized by Ava Jerome.

I feel personally victimized by both Denise's accent and her "dyed weave extension situation" *

*Per Ron's Twitter

• Love 6

Raise your hand if you ever felt personally victimized by Ava Jerome.

I'm victimized by that freak every single time she's on my screen.

GV's Lucky and Sam should've been given a fair shot at being a legitimate long term couple, dammit.

• Love 3

Another related UO: I shipped GV's Lucky/Maxie. I might've already brought this up but I loved them, man.

Really? I thought they were so gross together. That was kind of Maxie's low point, though, with Pillowena (which really contributed to the Stupid!Lucky characterization) and feeding him pills to keep him interested. But then later on, JJ and Kirsten Storms had some cute, flirty chemistry. I was surprised. I wanted them to have a fling.

GV and Kelly Monaco were super-hot, though. In the the hot but.

• Love 3

Really? I thought they were so gross together. That was kind of Maxie's low point, though, with Pillowena (which really contributed to the Stupid!Lucky characterization) and feeding him pills to keep him interested. But then later on, JJ and Kirsten Storms had some cute, flirty chemistry. I was surprised. I wanted them to have

Me too. I was surprised by how much I liked them and I was totally uninterested in Siobahn and another round of Spinelli/Maxie.

It's too bad because a light-hearted romance with Maxie probably would have been a nice break from all the angst for JJ

• Love 2
(edited)

I loathe and despise the character of Tracy Quartermaine and I don't give a damn about whatever pain Luke has caused her, because it's all karma coming back to her for all the horrible things she has said and done. In fact, I resent her very presence (however small) in Luke's last story, because Tracy is a living, breathing embodiment of just how far the character of Luke has gone astray. 

The very idea that anyone would prefer Tracy to Laura if they're looking for a functional, healthy relationship is completely laughable. 

I honestly wouldn't mind never seeing that hypocritical family-hating, shrewish, hateful bitch again, especially since there are other vets just as deserving of the time she spends on screen. Mac, Felicia, and Alexis come to mind here.

(I do, however, adore Jane Elliot.)

Well, see. Tracy IS one of those characters that people will always say deserves "Karma" for her actions. Meanwhile, some other characters never get that said about them, even though they've done awful things. Just look at how many people constantly bring up  the heartpills incident-never mind that most people twist it into premeditated attempted murder, when it was nothing like that. Never mind that it was almost forty years ago. People bring it up, mainly I guess because they think it proves something, even though I personally think Tracy has come full circle as a person since  then, and she is one of the few characters on this show that has actually shown real growth and change.

Meanwhile, we don't hear things being said such as "Carly deserves to walk in on Joss having sex with Sonny", or Laura deserves to walk in on Lulu having sex with Laura's next boyfriend or husband"-it's "karma" -even though both those women did that very same thing to their own mothers and their spouses or boyfriends. We never hear that Laura deserves to die by having her head bashed in with a blunt object, even though she did that very thing to someone else. Several someones, didn't she? David Hamilton I know, and she did something to Rick's girlfriend, don't know about any others at the moment, since she supposedly didn't kill Rick. We don't even hear that Luke "deserved" to be raped by Jennifer-and not hearing that from anyone really surprised me, TBH. And why doesn't Alexis "deserve" the Karma of being shoved off a balcony and have her killer get away scot free?

I don't care about someone disliking a character, Tracy or otherwise. I take offense to the idea that with this current crop of characters, that ANY of them  are really all that more moral, or a better person, than the rest. They are not. Especially since now even Dante is cheating and Nic has gone dark. And that IMO is what's truly wrong with the show, it's hard to root for ANYONE. But, I digress.

It's a very strange thing-this idea that only certain characters deserve "karma". I'm a great believer in that you do reap what you sow, but I absolutely don't believe it should only apply to certain characters, or that ANY character should ever be immune from facing consequences for their actions.

Or for that matter, that ANY character should necessarily be deemed needing "karma" for something they did eons ago, that they obviously regretted, and that they received forgiveness for, from the person they wronged.

And THAT is my UO.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3

Meanwhile, we don't hear things being said such as "Carly deserves to walk in on Joss having sex with Sonny", or Laura deserves to walk in on Lulu having sex with Laura's next boyfriend or husband"-it's "karma" -even though both those women did that very same thing to their own mothers and their spouses or boyfriends.

I've seen plenty of people here say they want Carly to walk in on Joss screwing Jason.

• Love 5
(edited)

Even though she's actually a year older than her, I sometimes think KeMo looks younger than BH.

KeMo's birthdate: May 23rd, 1976.

BH's birthdate: May 12th, 1977.

That's not a knock on either of them; I think both of them look fantastic, but sometimes I actually think Kelly looks younger than Becky; not sure why, I just do. Weirdly enough, they are also both older than KMc (born March 5th, 1978).

And yes, I do realize I look somewhat weird throwing around birthdates. I do have a pretty good memory, but I did look some of this stuff up just now. ;)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

That's not a knock on either of them; I think both of them look fantastic, but sometimes I actually think Kelly looks younger than Becky; not sure why, I just do. Weirdly enough, they are also both older than KMc (born March 5th, 1978).

I agree. I think KMc actually looks older than both of them as well. I think it's just about how they carry themselves.

• Love 2

They were, but I love trash!

And of course I totally shipped GV's Lucky/Sam as well. 

My deepest shame though is that I actually shipped Jason/Sam at first, too.

You and I were definitely separated at birth.

• Love 2

KeMo and BH look fantastic and they are almost 40? Just wow. I would have guessed early 30's and they can even pull late 20's.

I love JJ but didn't think GV was that bad.

• Love 1

I've seen plenty of people here say they want Carly to walk in on Joss screwing Jason.

I actually think Carly would go further off the rails if it were Sonny, than Jason. I know Carly and Jason love each other, but to me it's never been anything but friendship love. With Sonny, she's given her heart again and again. She'd forgive Jason far more easily than Sonny. I really believe that if she walked in on Sonny and Joss once Joss was  of age, that Carly would completely snap. I think she just might kill Sonny over that.

• Love 3

I actually think Carly would go further off the rails if it were Sonny, than Jason. I know Carly and Jason love each other, but to me it's never been anything but friendship love. With Sonny, she's given her heart again and again. She'd forgive Jason far more easily than Sonny. I really believe that if she walked in on Sonny and Joss once Joss was  of age, that Carly would completely snap. I think she just might kill Sonny over that.

I want a trial dammit!

Even Sonny cannot be that skeevy.

okay maybe he can.

But no actually I can't picture it. Maybe if Josslyn like drugged him and seduced him.

(edited)

Okay, I've seen this at least twice now, and I have to put my .02 in:

First, Jason was never, never, ever, ever, ever in love with that shebeast/Cujo.  The reverse is true; she's very very upset even to this day, that Jason isn't Michael's bio-father, and this is also another reason she hates (except for when it's Jake's birthday or plot point about Joss's cancer) Liz--because Liz actually did have Jason's child.

Jason put up with her; and in those moments when she would say "I love you!" with those crazy delusional eyes, Jason would sigh in exasperation and then say "I love you too."  But it wasn't ever a "I'm in love with you, I love you" but I'm sure that's how she took it.  And she would forgive Jason anything.  I still remember when she called Michael an ungrateful punk or something after Jason called him a "little Bitch" or something. Did she get up in Jason's face for daring to call her darling child a name? No. She got into Michael's face for "disrespecting" Jason.

Ahem.

Carry on.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6

Considering Sonny is basically Joss's stepdad, she'd have to be deeply, deeply disturbed to want to sleep with him. There has to be a better way to get back at Carly that doesn't involve sex with Sonny. Ew.

• Love 2

Jason put up with her; and in those moments when she would say "I love you!" with those crazy delusional eyes, Jason would sigh in exasperation and then say "I love you too."  But it wasn't ever a "I'm in love with you, I love you" but I"m sure that's how she took it.   

There's even a scene where she has to ASK him to say it, "just once." LMAO:

• Love 1

Even Sonny cannot be that skeevy.

okay maybe he can.

But no actually I can't picture it. Maybe if Josslyn like drugged him and seduced him.

This is the guy who romanced Emily - the girl he gave the sex talk to when she dated his stepson Juan. Just saying.

• Love 7

Is Sonny's skeeviness level really being questioned?  This man banged a woman he despised over the grave of the man he murdered.  I would say when it comes to skeeviness and Sonny all bets are off.

• Love 4

Is Sonny's skeeviness level really being questioned?  This man banged a woman he despised over the grave of the man he murdered.  I would say when it comes to skeeviness and Sonny all bets are off.

I guess you're right. :hangs head:

But the thought of Sonny ever banging his barely legal stepdaughter makes me want to vomit, so I hope they never go there, just for my sake.

• Love 3
But the thought of Sonny ever banging his barely legal stepdaughter makes me want to vomit, so I hope they never go there, just for my sake.

I was going to say I hoped even Sonny would draw the line at sleeping with someone he's known her entire life, but then I remembered he had a relationship with Emily. So maybe there is no line he'd draw.

• Love 2

To this day I don't know which version of this old Michele ValJean story is the truth: That she wanted to put Liz with Sonny, or make them somehow related(????? !!!!!).

After the Emily shit I've always lived in fear of Sonny and Robin.

• Love 4

OK, there's one woman left in town.  She's killed both Michael and Spencer, no mitigating circumstances, she just did it for shits and giggles.  Who screws her first - Sonny or Nik? 

• Love 4

I was going to say I hoped even Sonny would draw the line at sleeping with someone he's known her entire life, but then I remembered he had a relationship with Emily. So maybe there is no line he'd draw.

I feel like Emily and Joss aren't even in the same league though. Like, Emily was bad but at least Sonny didn't hold her in his arms as a baby and she never called him Uncle Sonny and he never had sex with her mother and at least the age difference was only about 18 years or so instead of fortysomething my God Joss/Sonny makes Soily look like a fresh Downy-cleaned sheet with the little fluffy bear hugging and squeezing it for all it's worth.

OK, there's one woman left in town.  She's killed both Michael and Spencer, no mitigating circumstances, she just did it for shits and giggles.  Who screws her first - Sonny or Nik? 

TeeVee, please insert the Kiki gif here.

• Love 6
(edited)

I say Sonny, since powerful women turn him on and enrage him in equal measure, and the way he works it out is through sex. Then Nik gets her, because he always sleeps with other men's women.

I feel like Emily and Joss aren't even in the same league though.

In some ways they aren't, and I do think the Carly connection probably gives Joss the edge in not ever being involved with Sonny, but on the other hand, Sonny is gross enough that he wouldn't care. I can see this happening in a Joss-goes-away-and-comes-back-SORASed-and-no-one-recognizes-her story. Sonny dimples his way into her heart and boom goes the dynamite.

For me the real question is, Why would Joss want to sleep with Sonny? Even if it's to get back at Carly, there are a million other, better ways to do it. Join up with Ric and take over the MetroCourt, for one.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

To this day I don't know which version of this old Michele ValJean story is the truth: That she wanted to put Liz with Sonny, or make them somehow related(????? !!!!!).

After the Emily shit I've always lived in fear of Sonny and Robin.

I'll reply in the history thread.

I think if Guza had hung around, sooner or later, one day, a SORASed teen vixen Joss would've tried to get (Steve Burton's) Jason in bed, absolutely.

• Love 2

While I've never had much use for Silas before, his most recent confrontations with DenAva & Morgan, in SilasWithoutPity mode, were hilarious:

Silas, to Morgan, after catching his & DenAva in bed: "What are you gonna say? 'It's not what it looks like?' Because from where I'm standing, it looks like you're cheating on my daughter."

Morgan, to Silas: "The last thing I want to do is hurt Kiki."

Silas: "Then you never should have gotten back together with her! You never should have claimed to care about her! You never should have asked her to trust you when you are so clearly unworthy of that trust! You are a selfish, shallow, horny little brat and you deserve to be screwed over the way you're screwing my daughter!"

Silas, to Ava: "I'm gonna tell Kiki everything-how you abandoned her to save your own skin & then turned around & screwed her boyfriend."

As great as live Silas was at putting Ava on blast, Ghost!Silas is even better, as shown by this quote:

Ghost!Silas, to Ava, during his memorial: "I'll bet you're wondering, 'How can I get Morgan's pants off right here in the chapel?'"

I didn't know where to place my remark, so I will put it here, but I think Kiki totally deserves to be treated the she is by Morgan (or anyone for that matter). I am not faulting Silas for taking Morgan to task and cheating is wrong no matter what, because that is his daughter and for whatever stupid reason Morgan decided to date her again, but I really wished the hypocrisy would have been called out (not by Morgan). Kiki herself is the product of the same kind of betrayal, except Nina, despite her personality defects, never cheated on Silas and paid for him to get through med school. So what if Madeline paid Ava, all she did was prove that Silas really was a cheating scumbag.What did Kiki do for Morgan? Encourage him to commit a deadly crime against his own brother.  And lets face it, the second Michael ever decided to forgive her and take her back, cheat or no cheating, she will ditch Morgan. That is partly why their marriage ended. I almost think that Morgan is doing this to passively aggressively get back at her because good lord knows she isn't sorry for throwing Morgan over for Michael in the way she did it. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4