Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Fashionably Fired Up

• Start Topic

No. She just wants to cry it out in front of Heather. Should Heather notice or show sympathy, she is a callous bitch who Beth feels "is inside her skin". I guess she should just look at her coldly and say nothing and that would make Beth happy. I would love to see that, but according to Beth's blog, last night was the last time we will see Beth cry this season. Can I get an Amen?

Actually, this time she ran away from Heather. If only Heather would take the hint.

• Love 4

This idea that Heather and Kristen should have no issues with scheduling conflicts due to Bethenny because they are married and have access to their kids whereas Bethenny doesn't is absurd. Reading between the lines, it seems they should feel guilty for their marital success and have no ground to question the divorcee about anything simply because she is divorced. The hypocrisy and entitlement of this sentiment makes me dislike Bethenny when I started out being neutral about her.

Bethenny's failure is not their faults and the inconveniences that goes along with that failure  should not be burden to bare. If they are being made to feel either, they sure as hell should be able to speak up without feeling like unfeeling bitches.

It should be repeated that neither Heather or Kristen have made a big fuss over this inconvenience. However, you wouldn't know that given how Bethenny reacts when it is brought up. Or Ramona did last night.

This all day long. The funny thing is how perception can be altered based on what what person says or thinks. Beth was acting like she was being pressured, and certainly said unkind things about Heather in her TH when Heather was trying to let her know it was all good. She feels all this pressure because of her divorce, the custody, and the show, and in the wake of this the narrative last night is about how rigid Kristen and Heather are about this trip. This in large part also comes from what Ramona said to Kristen at the end. The reality is, neither Kristen nor Heather expressed one ounce of disappointment or anger because Beth would cut the trip short. None at all. They only ever knew anything because Ramona came in and immediately said Beth had scheduling issues and asked if they should change the date. That was the only time we saw either H&K express any emotion at all, and certainly that would be understandable. It they now believe they are going to have to alter their schedule for Beth, they have every right to be irritated. Once they found out it wasn't a date change at all, but instead just a shortened trip for Beth, they seemed fine about it all. Still, they are getting hammered away at and being made to look uncaring even though the sentiment they are accused of expressing never happened.

• Love 16

The cupcake decorating was mesmerizing!  I was enthralled watching the women plop icing onto ready-made cupcakes.  The bedazzling with jelly beans fascinated me, no end.......Imagine my delight when Ramoaner offered to donate her cupcakes to her doorman!  That poor doorman's family must have jumped for joy when they received that gift......And those drinking glasses, where does one buy those glasses? The ones with the skinny lady in red stamped on them.

Applause, Bravo.

Exactly. That scene was a snore. 50 year old women making cupcakes? And only half of them showed up? Oh right - Skinnygirl product placement. Part of the deal.

• Love 9

Interesting - I've never heard that before, but I can tell you it's definitely not just an "Americanized bastardization" of the name, because Rex Harrison's son who was also an actor, Noel Harrison, pronounced his name "knoll" and he's British.

You're right...it's not just Americanized. The British are notorious for mangling original French pronounciations (ie. Beauchamp pronounced as "Beecham"). Even my very Indian surname was Anglicized by my ancestors during the British Raj to accommodate the Englishman's inability to master foreign names.

Bring on Turks and Caicos. I'm ready for these ladies to let loose.

• Love 8

This all day long. The funny thing is how perception can be altered based on what what person says or thinks. Beth was acting like she was being pressured, and certainly said unkind things about Heather in her TH when Heather was trying to let her know it was all good. She feels all this pressure because of her divorce, the custody, and the show, and in the wake of this the narrative last night is about how rigid Kristen and Heather are about this trip. This in large part also comes from what Ramona said to Kristen at the end. The reality is, neither Kristen nor Heather expressed one ounce of disappointment or anger because Beth would cut the trip short. None at all. They only ever knew anything because Ramona came in and immediately said Beth had scheduling issues and asked if they should change the date. That was the only time we saw either H&K express any emotion at all, and certainly that would be understandable. It they now believe they are going to have to alter their schedule for Beth, they have every right to be irritated. Once they found out it wasn't a date change at all, but instead just a shortened trip for Beth, they seemed fine about it all. Still, they are getting hammered away at and being made to look uncaring even though the sentiment they are accused of expressing never happened.

Bravo! (the nice kind!)  ;)

I am going to decorate a  cupcake in your honor  for that post!  Ramoaner Blue jellybeans, I think hahaha

• Love 5

I think Noel Coward was "Knoll" too.  But the de Lesseps are French, so... 

For me the absurdity of Carole's "act" is not what she wears, but the fact that it's an act.  Either that or a serious midlife crisis and regression into adolescent behavior.  She dressed like a quirky adult in previous seasons.  She WAS a quirky adult in previous seasons.  People commented on the fashion, but I don't recall it being that harsh.  Last season she started gushing breathlessly about "boys" and it's continuing this season.  

For me it's not about hemlines or where she gets her clothes, but this whole 14 year old girl attitude she's projecting.  It's wearisome in 14 year old girls.  We celebrate their growing out of it and becoming thoughtful young women.  With Sonja and Carole you've got 2 50 year old women acting like teenage girls.  There's a social disconnect there.  Sonja is tragic because I think she actually HAS regressed.  Carol's just annoying because I think it's an act.  She's creating a wacky persona complete with wacky storylines to keep the show out of her real life.  She's holding certain lines, however (unlike Sonja).  She might leer at young men but she draws a line at how young she'll go.  And I highly doubt that a woman who stammers over "the part where your bathing suit goes" is going to be shouting her menstrual status out on national television.

For what it's worth, men in midlife crises are ridiculous as well (e.g. Mario).  

• Love 11
This idea that Heather and Kristen should have no issues with scheduling conflicts due to Bethenny because they are married and have access to their kids whereas Bethenny doesn't is absurd. Reading between the lines, it seems they should feel guilty for their marital success and have no ground to question the divorcee about anything simply because she is divorced. The hypocrisy and entitlement of this sentiment makes me dislike Bethenny when I started out being neutral about her.

Bethenny's failure is not their faults and the inconveniences that goes along with that failure  should not be burden to bare. If they are being made to feel either, they sure as hell should be able to speak up without feeling like unfeeling bitches.

I agree with you, actually. I wasn't saying the world should revolve around Bethenny and her schedule. I was just saying I could see why scheduling this even might be harder on her, especially emotionally. Again, I do not think B was making a big deal about it. I think Ramona made it seem like B had an issue, which got the other girls concerned, and in turn, B become flummoxed. I think the entire thing was blown out of proportion. 

• Love 7

The casual contempt that Bethenny, Ramona and Luann show to working class people is palpable and pretty freaking annoying. Who the freak are they kidding? Seriously?

They have to realize that they are not all that! Especially Bethenny. I mean she delights in tearing into the other women in her talking heads. Where does she get off dissing Luann as being in a "Summer Eve" commercial. I bet if Luann strutted by the bar she would get a bunch more interest than her skanky skinny girl ass. She constantly boast about her racetrack background. Well guess what sweetie? If you were prancing around the paddock none of those dudes would be putting their money on you. Go weep back over in Manhattan with the rest of the snob elite.

• Love 17
(edited)

Yes the cupcake thing was boring and pointless, but oh my God I wanted one of those cupcakes so freakin' bad! Ditto that pasta at Parkview or whatever the restaurant is called. Note to self: don't watch hungry.

Edited to say: Park Side not Parkview! And here's the menu. Why oh why did I have to look at this menu, when I'm again starving at my desk!

http://parksiderestaurantny.com/restaurant-menu

Edited by parrotlover
  • Love 1

I am convinced that Bethenny made up her mind before filming that she was not going to like Heather and Kristen and as such, no matter what they do, no matter what they say, she was going to react negatively. I don't like Heather's insistence on 'fixing' things, but I also think she's in a no-win situation, Kristen as well.

This has been my theory for awhile now. They never had a chance with her. Heather's first interaction with her on the first or second episode was when they met for drinks, and Bethenny made fun of her talk show appearance, and told her to stop talking when she brought up the subject of Ramona. It stood out because it was so weird and rude. Who knows when Kristen and Bethenny first met b/c Kristen's hardly been on, but apparently all she has to do is stand there to get called out - even as pretty as she is, she has a farbissina punim..

It totally throws cold water on Bethenny saying that she likes Carole and Dorinda because she just meshed with them when they met. Bullshit. If she likes them, it's because she gave them a chance. It's very high school - Bethenny is acting like the Mean Girl who decides who's in or out, and Kristen and Heather were deemed out, not worthy.

• Love 21

I think I'd break all of the bones in my hand slapping Ramona's face.  I wish I were kidding. 

I haven't watched the whole epi yet but have seen the clips sprinkled throughout their blogs.  Just finished the one where Ramona greets the other HWs in Lu's suite and doesn't (at first) air kiss Kristen because she might get sick from her outfit. Then when she mocked Kristen for saying, "Nooooo...". My slapping hand was getting slappy.  She's a bitch.  That reminded me of how she spoke to Simon when she first met him at Jill's on girl's night out.  It's one thing to speak your mind, quite another to be obnoxious and rude.

That said, although I wouldn't say it out loud, I think I understood what Moaner was thinking (god help me) when she said Kristen's outfit could make her sick.  I'm allergic to cats and looking at cashmere, angora, even wool triggers sick-ish feelings in me.  But I also think I have a wee sensory processing disorder.  Which I TOTALLY could see Moaner having, too. 

• Love 6

Sorry...but the seemingly endless Bethenny meltdowns/crying jags/defensiveness way overshadows her witty quips/remarks a few times an episode.

I always liked Bethenny before she left...but she is exhausting to watch since she came back.

Ramona? well...I don't think we should ever expect anything more than we've ever gotten from her.

• Love 10

I loved the Parkside scene, both because it was relatively normal and because Parkside is awesome. My favorite though was everyone trying to bring the mannequins down for Lu. Mannequin parts...everywhere.

It's been a long day and so I haven't managed to read all the posts, so apologies if someone else has already asked this - but why did they show a "Welcome to Sunnyside" sign when the Parkside is in Corona, quite a few miles from Sunnyside? Typical Bravo editing.

• Love 3

I truly don't. In fact, I'd guess that over the years, HWs with small children especially, would have routinely adjusted schedules to accommodate kids, because it's just such an every day occurrence.(In my world it is anyway)  I think it's only this year that it's been made an issue, and only with respect to Bethenny, for whatever reason.

I don't believe it has ever been an issue before because they get the travel/event schedule way before filming begins, according to Alex. It is Bethenny/Ramona that is making it an issue, not the other women IMO.

I didn't think it was bizarre, it was pretty clear to me that Bethenny broke down because she's having a hard time personally, going through a contentious divorce and adjusting to split custody of her young child. She's clearly in some emotional turmoil...and doesn't want to "cry it out" with Heather, like Heather wants.

Heather did not say 1 word to Bethenny until after Bethenny did her boo hooing and it was that they would make sure she had fun during the 3 days she was there, nothing more. She, Heather, told Ramona, before Bethenny got there, that she could not reschedule and could not go if the dates wee changed but Bethenny never heard that. and Kristen did not say anything mean/unkind to Bethenny either.

Thank you! Now at least I know I'm not crazy. SO HOT AND HUMID. 

I'm really confused by why we did not get to see this scene. Sonja being plastered and making out with every man in sight sounds like something that Bravo would be salivating to get on film, so I wonder if it's possible that they didn't film it for some reason? I just can't imagine that they wouldn't show it if they had it since it fits in perfectly with the narrative and leads us so nicely into the T&C intervention. It makes no sense.

I actually thought B having to explain it to Ramona made it even funnier. Wth is wrong with Ramona? So, so much.

I do think this,  drunk party Sonja episode, was filmed because of how they were talking about it. Either something happened or we will see it in the lost footage show.

Actually, this time she ran away from Heather. If only Heather would take the hint.

Heather did nothing to Bethenny,nothing! Bethenny was just making sure the camera stayed on her!

Exactly. That scene was a snore. 50 year old women making cupcakes? And only half of them showed up? Oh right - Skinnygirl product placement. Part of the deal.

I don't think Bethenny invited the others.

• Love 9

You're right...it's not just Americanized. The British are notorious for mangling original French pronounciations (ie. Beauchamp pronounced as "Beecham"). Even my very Indian surname was Anglicized by my ancestors during the British Raj to accommodate the Englishman's inability to master foreign names.

Bring on Turks and Caicos. I'm ready for these ladies to let loose.

Outside of which, LuAnn named her son and can pronounce it as she likes! There's no one way to do it.

Yeah, let's party. The Ramonja coaster, here we come!

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh Ramona, a textile jobber is afraid of angora. Puhleeze. The only sensory disorder she has is her sense of empathy, deportment and etiquette. She entered that room thirsty for blood.

The conversations that Luann, Heather and Kristen had irt Bethenny expressed concern. The conversations Bethenny and Ramona had irt Heather and Kristen expressed snide disdain.  

If Bethenny has her kid 50% of the time, she could have easily had them schedule that trip during the 50% of the time Bryn is with Daddy. So the scheduling is really no one else's problem but hers and since I can barely stomach her for the hour of television, I can only imagine how exhausting she will be when she is supposed to "relax." I would be bringing my own bottle of hootch to ward off any neurological effects that sugar substitute in SG might contain that clearly isn't doing Bethenny any favors. Girl needs a Prozac and a Xanax. 

Why should Heather and Kristen even give a shit about what Bethenny is "going through" -- They are not her friends, they barely even know her.  IRT Ramona, I would be toasting some marshmallows over her conflagration.  All the times she was so smug telling women who were going through tough times how "I have it all" the "full package" "perfect husband, great marriage, etc. etc." I just want to play that shit in a montage with some Westeros Nun yelling Shame Shame Shame and ringing her bell next to her head. There is a reason Pride is first of the 7 Deadly Sins.

Edited by Lucelu
  • Love 19
(edited)

You know what I love about this particular franchise? They take themselves so much less seriously than Atlanta or New Jersey or even the OC sometimes. Although, OC is funny because the women take themselves so seriously that they are inadvertently hilarious. 

But, the NYC gals always seem to strike a really good balance between being serious and not taking themselves too seriously. I loved what Luann said in her blog about getting a laugh from Bethenny's line about it seeming like a Stay Free commercial. Because let's face it, it really did. But, Luann's take is that if Bethenny doesn't poke fun at you, she doesn't like you. It shows that she DOES actually get Bethenny, but more importantly, it shows how much she has grown in the not taking herself so seriously department. 

I mean if Bethenny had compared her modeling her fashion line to a maxi pad commercial back in season 2 or 3, the Countess would not have been amused and it would have been a season long fued over a throw away quip. 

ETA: I am just catching up on the past couple of posts. What is all of the back and forth about Heather and Kristen having to reschedule? I thought the end result was Bethenny not having a problem with the schedule, only that she would need to leave early. So, I don't understand the arguing points about it. Can someone clarify? Did I miss Bethenny asking them to reschedule, or did she agree that the date was fine and she would just need to leave early?

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 8
(edited)

When Bethenney ran off my first thought was that she wanted to reset for a Take 2 of the scene.  I don't know why, but I sometimes get that feeling with her like all the stuff leading to "drop it" is expected to disappear so that they can shoot the real scenes, with her edits.  It kind of reminds me of what happened with Alexis in OC when she clearly wasn't working from the same script as everyone, in that Heather/Kristen aren't picking up what Bethenney's doing.  It's like there's a split, then, between the more regular irregular folk and the professional reality show "stars."

That said, I'm totally reading into things too much on purpose because it's fun for me, and I'm at work and the computer is really slow.  

And Ramona...at least she has warning signs.  You can tell from her eyes when she's off-balanced.  I might take that over someone similar who's difficult to read.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 3

No. She just wants to cry it out in front of Heather. Should Heather notice or show sympathy, she is a callous bitch who Beth feels "is inside her skin". I guess she should just look at her coldly and say nothing and that would make Beth happy. I would love to see that, but according to Beth's blog, last night was the last time we will see Beth cry this season. Can I get an Amen?

Amen!

Didn't you just love when Beth came back in, Beth was once again offened and blaming Heather in her TH for putting too much attention on her....huh?

All Heather was saying was, they were going to party and have a blast the 3 days Beth is there.

Argh!!

Ramona is a nasty mean asshole! The woman is only to thrilled to throw all this info about Beth and if she can or can't do something, then act as if she is Beth's defender. She is trying to align with Beth because as mean and nasty as she is, she is not stupid. She wants to be in with Andy's friend. Who is the star this season. Ramona of course will say something nasty eventually because Ramona is a rude bitch.

I lol at Lu modeling, that was hysterical.

On WWHL Heather said she hasn't seen Aviva since Aviva threw her leg at her head lol.

I had a flashback to the leg on the ground and Lu's gasp

• Love 7

It is a shame that Heather isn't filming her struggles with Jax this year...

I am MORE than sure that Bethenny knows about their struggle with his liver transplant/hearing impairment issues.

I don't see Bethenny even trying to be "kinda sorta kind" about it..even if it isn't a storyline. Bethenny just seems so much more self absorbed these days. It isn't flattering.

Amen!

Didn't you just love when Beth came back in, Beth was once again offened and blaming Heather in her TH for putting too much attention on her....huh?

All Heather was saying was, they were going to party and have a blast the 3 days Beth is there.

Argh!!

Ramona is a nasty mean asshole! The woman is only to thrilled to throw all this info about Beth and if she can or can't do something, then act as if she is Beth's defender. She is trying to align with Beth because as mean and nasty as she is, she is not stupid. She wants to be in with Andy's friend. Who is the star this season. Ramona of course will say something nasty eventually because Ramona is a rude bitch.

I lol at Lu modeling, that was hysterical.

On WWHL Heather said she hasn't seen Aviva since Aviva threw her leg at her head lol.

I had a flashback to the leg on the ground and Lu's gasp .

Bethenny strikes me as one of those people who will always, always find a reason to be offended even when someone is just trying to be nice.

• Love 21
(edited)

It totally throws cold water on Bethenny saying that she likes Carole and Dorinda because she just meshed with them when they met. Bullshit. If she likes them, it's because she gave them a chance. It's very high school - Bethenny is acting like the Mean Girl who decides who's in or out, and Kristen and Heather were deemed out, not worthy.

Bethenny and I are both Scorpios with similar personalities, possibly because our birthdays are only one day apart (yes, I'm a firm believer in astrology though I think daily horoscopes are BS). As such I think Bethenny is not playing the role of mean girl but rather being discerning with whose company she keeps. She did give every one of these girls a chance upon first meeting them in the Hamptons but some ostensibly rubbed her the wrong way. Moreover, she probably has a very keen sense of intuition and read Heather and Kristen's energy as disingenuous and superficial, respectively.

I'll even go one step further and say Bethenny is some what of a misanthrope. Like me, Bethenny appears to prefer solitude over forced friendships with people she doesn't care for.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 8

Bethenny is not playing the role of a Mean Girl. She is the epitome of one. If you look up "Mean Girl" in the Bitchionary her photo is there. When did she say a nice kind thing about anyone this season? In talking head after talking head she just bitches and moans and attacks and is just a total misanthrope just as you say. She is just a miserable plastic surgery ravaged stick figure used to beat the other ladies down.

Satan Andy's most beautiful creation. Congratulations.

• Love 24

Bethenny and I are both Scorpios with similar personalities, possibly because our birthdays are only one day apart (yes, I'm a firm believer in astrology though I think daily horoscopes are BS). As such I think Bethenny is not playing the role of mean girl but rather being discerning with whose company she keeps. She did give every one of these girls a chance upon first meeting them in the Hamptons but some ostensibly rubbed her the wrong way. Moreover, she probably has a very keen sense of intuition and read Heather and Kristen's energy as disingenuous and superficial, respectively.

I'll even go one step further and say Bethenny is some what of a misanthrope. Like me, Bethenny appears to prefer solitude over forced friendships with people she doesn't care for.

Well isn't that the purpose of the RHONY? being friends with people you don't know or care for?

If she didn't want to be forced to be friends with people she didn't want to....girl should not have come back lol

• Love 21
(edited)

Heather did not say 1 word to Bethenny until after Bethenny did her boo hooing and it was that they would make sure she had fun during the 3 days she was there, nothing more. She, Heather, told Ramona, before Bethenny got there, that she could not reschedule and could not go if the dates wee changed but Bethenny never heard that. and Kristen did not say anything mean/unkind to Bethenny either.

Yeah, I got all that. I watched it. I never said anything to imply that Heather or Kristin said or did anything to make Bethenny cry, but that Heather brought it up again-meaning the issue, not Heather's actions-after Bethenny had just composed herself. It's like she can't leave well enough alone. Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1
(edited)

Heather did not say 1 word to Bethenny until after Bethenny did her boo hooing and it was that they would make sure she had fun during the 3 days she was there, nothing more. She, Heather, told Ramona, before Bethenny got there, that she could not reschedule and could not go if the dates wee changed but Bethenny never heard that. and Kristen did not say anything mean/unkind to Bethenny either.

A cupcake shall be decorated in honor of your post!  I will let you know how it tasted!  ;)

Edited by Crikey
  • Love 4

Mathilda, you didn't miss anything regarding Beth's asking for a change of dates. That didn't happen and I don't know why some posters r flailing on her about the trip to T&C. It was R who simply asked the group if they should change the dates. B didn't have any notion of that convo & just said she'd go for the first part of the trip. I liked what H said about having a great 3 days while B was there. That was thoughtful & it's too bad B didn't acknowledge that.

• Love 10

It's true. Talk about misery loves company. She's miserable (in 100% pain?), and just goes around making everyone else miserable. Throwing friction and tension into every room she walks into.

She so strategically decided to befriend Ramona and Sonja this season, two loons, and throw a cold shoulder towards Heather and Kristen. It's going to be interesting to see how that backfires on her, as she apparently loses it in a scene with delusional Sonja, and later feuds with Ramona. Leaving her pretty much alone at the end. In a cast of eight. Shades of Aviva, who was also a miserable, neurotic person who made enemies with everyone.

• Love 14

I think all the HW's should submit a synopsis of the interactions they request with Bethy.

Bravo can screen them then send them on to Bethy for approval/denial  or revisions. 

The submissions MUST be made on SG notepaper, written with SG red pens containing low-cal SG ink.

Lawyers should be on hand. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Well isn't that the purpose of the RHONY? being friends with people you don't know or care for?

If she didn't want to be forced to be friends with people she didn't want to....girl should not have come back lol

No, I don't think that is the purpose of these Howives shows; they are simply made to entertain. RHONY started off showcasing the lifestyles of these women including events where they were guests and their lives intersected but the emphasis quickly shifted to drama and conflict. If anything the Howives franchise cherishes rivalries and nemeses over so-called "friendships." Many of these women do not hang out except when required to film for the show.

Also, I don't think Bethenny's motives in returning had anything to do with making new friends or striking up conversations with old aquiantences. It was more about damage control over her brand/image after being eviscerated in the media. As much as I like her, I don't think she's been particularly successful in that regard.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 8

On WWHL tonight, Jackie Collins started to say that Bethenny is too on edge, and needs an intervention, and Andy shut that right down and changed the subject.

If Jackie Collins is speaking the real then Houston we have a problem!

• Love 13

For a million dollars, I might be persuaded to pretend to like people. Although I don't think any amount would make me want to televise it.

When did she say a nice kind thing about anyone this season?

Well, she does say kind things about Sonja but because many dislike Sonja it probably doesn't count.  That said, other than double air kissing and telling each other how beautiful they look, rarely do any of them have anything nice to say about anybody.

• Love 3

I don't believe it has ever been an issue before because they get the travel/event schedule way before filming begins, according to Alex. It is Bethenny/Ramona that is making it an issue, not the other women IMO.

Out of all the complaints that HWs and others have about Bethenny, the idea that she wants to spend time with her daughter, above all else, is the most puzzling to me. This is not only about Bethenny and "her need to control" or "be the center of attention.", it's also about a little girl who wants to be with her mom. The fact that any of them would ever even complain about it, and be anything less than understanding and accomodating is strange to me. Isn't a mother making the needs of her child paramount a thing any more?

I don't find Alex's report on this topic all that relevant. It was a different cast, at a different time, under different circumstances. Besides, I am not privy to their filming schedules, so I really couldn't possibly comment on something I know nothing about.

• Love 4
(edited)

The casual contempt that Bethenny, Ramona and Luann show to working class people is palpable and pretty freaking annoying. Who the freak are they kidding? Seriously?

They have to realize that they are not all that! Especially Bethenny. I mean she delights in tearing into the other women in her talking heads. Where does she get off dissing Luann as being in a "Summer Eve" commercial. I bet if Luann strutted by the bar she would get a bunch more interest than her skanky skinny girl ass. She constantly boast about her racetrack background. Well guess what sweetie? If you were prancing around the paddock none of those dudes would be putting their money on you. Go weep back over in Manhattan with the rest of the snob elite.

That's what I dislike about Bethenny the most. She can throw her little shade but the minute someone confronts her about her "scheduling conflict" or how she came for Kristen's hustle she goes into victim tears. Her life sucks bs. Or thinks people are attacking her or she leaves all together. Ultimately, She can dish it but can't take it. Plus I don't buy what Beth is selling. Shes been on reality tv since Martha Stewart Apprentice she knows how to play this game to have it work in her favor. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 13

I'm really confused by why we did not get to see this scene. Sonja being plastered and making out with every man in sight sounds like something that Bravo would be salivating to get on film, so I wonder if it's possible that they didn't film it for some reason? I just can't imagine that they wouldn't show it if they had it since it fits in perfectly with the narrative and leads us so nicely into the T&C intervention. It makes no sense.

I have zero doubt that the filmed it. These 4 ladies do not just hang out together. Even Ramona and Sonja who are supposedly so close have said that they rarely see each other when they are not filming, and they are not even particularly close this season.

They probably filmed it but Beth wasn't there so we aren't going to see it. Not that we miss everything that Beth doesn't attend. There are those odd sightings like last night at Lu's deal, but that was a great thing to include because even though Beth wasn't there, she was being discussed. Probably during the editing deal they realized they could just include everyone talking about it at dinner and that would be good enough. Better to have a scene where Beth is talking about it vs. the actual scene with no Beth around, and more than likely not being discussed since they were all out on the prowl.

• Love 5

So I'm wondering - with scant evidence - if there has been a Bethenny/Carole rift.  No recent pictures of them together on Instagram, and while Carole has gone mostly silent, the few times she has tweeted it has been to retweet Kristen or promote something of Heather's.  She's not recognizing Bethenny, nor is Bethenny recognizing her.  Plus Bethenny's last blog was really negative about Carole - calling her out for being lazy, basically.

I've also noticed that while Bethenny started the season talking up her friendship with Carole, Carole was much more modulated.  I'm not sure that Carole was totally cool with how Bethenny treated Heather, and I wonder if that feeling has continued to shift as the season has aired.

• Love 8

Out of all the complaints that HWs and others have about Bethenny, the idea that she wants to spend time with her daughter, above all else, is the most puzzling to me. This is not only about Bethenny and "her need to control" or "be the center of attention.", it's also about a little girl who wants to be with her mom. The fact that any of them would ever even complain about it, and be anything less than understanding and accomodating is strange to me. Isn't a mother making the needs of her child paramount a thing any more?

Oh please. It's a job! They all have kids and obligations and commitments, and they all arranged their schedules to accommodate this show commitment. Bethenny clearly put work and getting back on TV as a priority over her daughter, which is certainly her prerogative, so I'm not sure why the others are getting blamed for that decision. None of them complained about Bethenny's dilemma. None. It was only Ramona who falsely stated that Bethenny might not be able to go on the trip because of her daughter, and then later tried to stir trouble over Kristen complaining about it - which never happened - for the sole reason of making Kristen look bad. Or dumb, natch.

• Love 23

I don't find Alex's report on this topic all that relevant. It was a different cast, at a different time, under different circumstances. Besides, I am not privy to their filming schedules, so I really couldn't possibly comment on something I know nothing about.

To be fair, we don't know that Brynn wants to be with her mother. I wouldn't if I had someone like Beth for a mother.

But, why does Beth and Brynn matter more than Heather and her kids or Kristen and her kids? That's where all of this goes haywire for me. It's as if the other girls should bend over backwards to accomadate Beth but shove their own children to the side, no questions asked.

• Love 17

Perhaps some of these Rhs would find it more palatable to think of the scheduling changes and such as being done for Bryn, and not Bethenny. Little girl just wants to spend time with her mom. I get that.

But anyway, I have no problem making accommodations for friends who have to do something, anything, for their kids. Kids come first. Reality show or no.

And what, Bryn is more important than the other little kids on the show? Whose moms all somehow manage to balance work travel and home life without sobbing 23 hours a day. Maybe if Bryn's mommy is too busy to spend time with her she should get one if her many assistants to rework her schedule.

• Love 12

What you have to realize that the clips on this show are shown out of sequence. The trip in the limo to Parkside was obviously after the drunken night with the girls at that hideaway Bar when John showed up without Dorito and Sonja was hanging all over the Eurotrash rent boys. I think they specifically mentioned it. I doubt that they were all there at the same time more than once. The put things out of sequence but the giveaway is that it was cold and they were all bundled up. 

Reality editing and cut and paste is meant to fake you out.

• Love 4

And what, Bryn is more important than the other little kids on the show? Whose moms all somehow manage to balance work travel and home life without sobbing 23 hours a day. Maybe if Bryn's mommy is too busy to spend time with her she should get one if her many assistants to rework her schedule.

What gets me is that Bryn could easily be on play dates with Kristen's kids! This where Beth should be trying to at least get to know Kristen not make her an enemy.

• Love 11

On WWHL tonight, Jackie Collins started to say that Bethenny is too on edge, and needs an intervention, and Andy shut that right down and changed the subject.

That's totally incorrect. Jackie said that Beth needed an intervention. And Andy asked, "What kind of intervention?"  Which opened the door wide for Jackie to expound on Bethenny needing to rest and get some sleep. 

To which Andy added: "And calm down. Bring it down".  Then he agreed when Jackie said Beth is on the edge. He hardly shut it down. 

Run, Andy.  Skinny Girl coming for you, now.  And I think she could totally take him.

• Love 1

So I'm wondering - with scant evidence - if there has been a Bethenny/Carole rift.

I'm thinking the same thing. She really dissed Carole in her blog. And all for calling her "intense." That's it. The very thing that Bethenny agreed with last week in her blog when Carole said Bethenny has two speeds - intense/tightly wound, and crying. Weird.

• Love 9

Well, maybe since Bethenny already has a job... she should have refrained from signing up for another job--Especially considering she sleeps on a bed of money. If this was really about a little girl who wants to be with her mom, Bethenny would not be on my tv. But she's a famewhore who cannot get out of her own way and life in front of the camera is her lifestyle choice.  She has no problems filming for her own individual stuff-- meeting her therapist, meeting her license renters, meeting her stepfather, riding with her poor miserable assistants, viewing property with her real estate agent (while soaking him with bitter tears and oversharing).  

• Love 19
(edited)

Ask you self this question. Bethenny feeds Bryn vegan foods and projects her anxieties and loony tune behavior on her daughter 24/7. And she steals her pajamas!

Jason gives her hot dogs and bacon and ice cream and two doting grandparents to boot.

I think Bryn would be fine with Mommy being away for a couple of days. I mean she does that when she gets all that plastic surgery right?

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 17

I think the difference is, Bethenny is divorced (or getting one) while Kristen and Heather are married to the fathers of their children. So when they get back, they'll for sure 100% get to see their kids. But Bethenny has to split time with Jason, so taking the full trip might be a lot harder on her than others. Does that mean they should all rearrange their schedules? Absolutely not. And I don't think Bethenny wants/expects that (although Bravo might), but her worries about the situation explain why she keeps getting emotional. 

Personally, I think Ramona is more at fault. It seems like she is going OTT to try and accommodate Bethenny, when accommodations don't even need to be made. 

Bethenny's problem is that she agreed to a 5 day trip to T&C, and then also planned some other 9 day trip with someone else, and that somehow turned into "21 days away from her daughter." 

RHoBH is a job.  She knew she'd have to go on trips.  It's not anyone else's problem if she's planning other trips that take her away from her daughter in the same month.  So her meltdown about not seeing Bryn is a problem of her own making, and thus, she gets no sympathy from me anyway.  If I were a Ho and also had had to work around Beth's schedule in the first place only to have her sobbing at the mention of the trip schedule, I'd have even less than no sympathy.

If I know I have business travel planned, and then also plan a vacation of my own a week later, I don't get to expect sympathy from everyone else just because I scheduled a vacation after a business trip and am away from my loved ones too long.

I truly don't. In fact, I'd guess that over the years, HWs with small children especially, would have routinely adjusted schedules to accommodate kids, because it's just such an every day occurrence.(In my world it is anyway)  I think it's only this year that it's been made an issue, and only with respect to Bethenny, for whatever reason.

Because Bethenny breaks down and cries all the time, and then gets mad that she was even asked an innocuous question about her schedule?  

Because Bethenny wasn't there so they didn't film it or chose not to show it?

Well, she does say kind things about Sonja but because many dislike Sonja it probably doesn't count.  That said, other than double air kissing and telling each other how beautiful they look, rarely do any of them have anything nice to say about anybody.

Kristin said a hell of a lot of nice things about LuAnn this episode, and the success she's having with her business ventures.  Kristin also went to Sonja and apologized for doubting her about her business ventures, and said nice things to her, not just about her.

• Love 13

That's totally incorrect. Jackie said that Beth needed an intervention. And Andy asked, "What kind of intervention?"  Which opened the door wide for Jackie to expound on Bethenny needing to rest and get some sleep. 

To which Andy added: "And calm down. Bring it down".  Then he agreed when Jackie said Beth is on the edge. He hardly shut it down.

Yes, he asked what kind of intervention, and said yea, she needs to calm down. He knew he had to say or ask something. But he did NOT agree when Jackie said Bethennyvwas on edge, and then he quickly changed the subject to Vicki on the OC and how much she's changed over the course of ten years. To me, it was a 180 from Bethenny to Vicki.

• Love 4

The cupcake decorating was mesmerizing!  I was enthralled watching the women plop icing onto ready-made cupcakes.  The bedazzling with jelly beans fascinated me, no end.

Imagine my delight when Ramoaner offered to donate her cupcakes to her doorman!  That poor doorman's family must have jumped for joy when they received that gift (along with the spit, hair and makeup that she deposited on the cupcakes).  Of course, it's not like they could catch anything, after all, it was not  like she rubbed the cupcakes in a mohair dress!

And those drinking glasses, where does one buy those glasses? The ones with the skinny lady in red stamped on them.

Applause, Bravo.

I would take my chances with Ramona's cupcakes over the ones Sonja was gonna give her interns.

Hers must contain dog/cat poop/pee and Dominic DNA. Bite into one of those and you might cough up a hair ball of undeterminable animal origin

• Love 3
(edited)

I might be incorrect but I have only heard Bethy say that she, Bethy, is deeply wounded because she, Bethy, needs to be around  her child as much as possible.  I found it interesting because it seemed to me that Bethy addresses her needs her wounds.  I cannot remember her expressing the absences in terms of her daughters needs but I don't know if I missed her saying it that way.

I am willing to bet a  bedazzled cupcake that the little girl does need her mother and wants to be around her.  

I would take my chances with Ramona's cupcakes over the ones Sonja was gonna give her interns.

Hers must contain dog/cat poop/pee and Dominic DNA. Bite into one of those and you might cough up a hair ball of undeterminable animal origin

LOL

OK, now ya ruined my dinner   ;)  I had a Hostess cupcake unpackaged, ready for dessert!

Edited by Crikey
  • Love 3