Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Astroburger

My favorite part of this episode is that Blaine's alias was John Deaux.

Some interesting bits.  I thought Major was taking the 'I'm a zombie' declaration too well, but I was hoping Liv would be the one to tell him.  Now that he's found the brains he's past the point of casual acceptance.  I'm guessing everything after he left  the house initially was a hallucination, including the sleeping on the couch parts.

Major should not climb into the trunks of known killers.  Not good planning.

Ravi was cute on his date turned double date with Peyton.

I'm curious to see if zombie rat relapses. 

• Love 4

I did find it a little hard to believe that Blaine would have been able to kill that astronaut (ohh, that's the title!), but I'm not going to worry about it.

That was Liv eating brains in the phonevid, right?

• Love 3
(edited)

I figured Major's reaction was too low key to be real. I did not catch Johnny Frost being a hallucination though, when I should've because why would he be hanging out with her. That poor guy had some vivid hallucinations, he might be in a better place now since his doctor obviously wasn't helping him the way she should've. 

Major's either stupid or he has a death wish, who the fuck gets in the trunk of people they suspect murdered a bunch of people! I get that he's trying to investigate the death of his friends, the fact that he's still alive is a miracle. 

It's a good thing Liv found that vid, that's her as a newborn zombie eating some guys brains. 

Ravi cured zombie rat, although since he didn't get turned by the rat bite. He still needs to find the cure for zombie humans. But I guess he has somewhere to start.  I also wonder if Blaine bought Liv not knowing about him. It seems like he did.  

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

I was totally fooled by all of it, and I liked the pretend version of both Major and the weather guy.

Sadly, if Liv winds up showing Major the video of her eating brains, he's not going to be as cool with it in reality.

• Love 4
(edited)

Wow, the scene where Liv realised she'd never told Major about zombies hurt. My hat's off to Rose McIver.

I did wonder why in the hell would Johnny Frost be following Liv around like that, but didn't call that he was a hallucination. 

That was Liv eating brains in the phonevid, right?

Yep, the moment she found an already half-eaten passenger on the beach and feasted on their occipital lobe -- she told Ravi about it in a previous episode.

Damn, I was hoping for the police chief to join teams with Liv against Blaine, but no such luck. Still, gotta love Blaine. "John Deaux." Hee.

Edited by CinnamonCat
  • Love 7

Man, I felt like an idiot tonight, because I was fooled by both of the hallucinations.  I'm usually good at seeing those coming, but not in this case.  I did get a bit suspicious about how well Major handled Liv's confession, but that was the only moment of doubt.  Johnny Frost though: yeah, they got me.  Well done, show.

I am bummed that the Liv/Major thing ended up being fake, and Major is still in the dark.  And, now he's pretty much stealing the brains right from Blaine himself, and is declaring war on all zombies now.  Yeah, I don't see this ending well.  Even if Liv tells him soon, his reaction is probably going to be very bad.  Might want to be behind bulletproof glass or something, if you ever get around to it, Liv.

Pegged the doctor as the killer in the first scene, but Liv hallucinating the devil from those NotCheetos, was amusing.  And I liked that her solving the case ended up being less because of her visions, but more because of "Johnny Frost."  A slight change, that I enjoyed.

Not much Ravi in this one, but at least he apparently cured Zombie Rat.  And, seems to be doing well with Peyton!  Also felt like Clive really didn't do much, outside of suspecting Major at first.

Glad we finally got a Blaine and Liv/Ravi scene.  It felt like it's been a while since they interacting.  Sounds like Blaine is really getting suspicious, now that he knows Liv was involved with Lowell.  And if he ever finds out about what Major did, it will probably get worst.  Meanwhile, sounds like Liv is wondering about the astronaut, that Blaine no doubt killed.  Two episodes left this season. Have to think this will be ramping up soon.

Have a feeling Liv ain't going to be posting that certain video on her Facebook page any time soon.

• Love 8

The Johnny Frost hallucination totally tricked me. As soon as Liv realized he wasn't actually there, I figured that the Major reveal scene was a hallucination as well, and sure enough, it was. I can't even be mad that I didn't guess that sooner; that was a nice twist that totally made sense considering the brains Liv was on. I liked that they shook up the formula a bit (only one vision, right?) and that Major knows about zombies now anyway, even if he doesn't know that Liv is one.

• Love 4
(edited)

Say Ravi finds a cure. What does he do next? Can he put an ad on Craigslist, saying: Zombie? Call Ravi for re-humanization! Or maybe they set up screening clinics and administer the substance clinic-style wherever they find anyone with negligible heartbeat.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 2

...Damn, I was hoping for the police chief to join teams with Liv against Blaine, but no such luck. Still, gotta love Blaine. "John Deaux." Hee.

Now that you mention it, I can totally see that happening in the future.

Man, I felt like an idiot tonight, because I was fooled by both of the hallucinations.  I'm usually good at seeing those coming, but not in this case.  I did get a bit suspicious about how well Major handled Liv's confession, but that was the only moment of doubt.  Johnny Frost though: yeah, they got me.  Well done, show...

Even when Johnny Frost started to dissolve, my first thought was: He's a hologram! And he's recording Liv's actions and beaming them back to John Blaine Deaux! Seemed like Occam's razor to me.
  • Love 4

Anyone else expect that apartment building establishing shot that ended up on the car with Liv and Cliff to have a Camelot Motel logo behind it? It was totally reminiscent of Veronica Mars.

I loved Ravi with Peyton in this episode, but now that Ravi has his eyes on a cure, I'm very worried about his well-being. I definitely got faked out by Liv's hallucinations. I guess I should have known telling Major went way too well, especially in a Rob Thomas show.

• Love 6
(edited)

I liked all the parts not connected to the mystery of the week. The writers did a good job on this one and I feel like we got to know Liv more, which is great. For some reason I'm still not feeling Blaine as the baddie (he's pretty one-note so far), but two more episodes left to change my mind!

Anyone else expect that apartment building establishing shot that ended up on the car with Liv and Cliff to have a Camelot Motel logo behind it? It was totally reminiscent of Veronica Mars.

Hah! Yes, me.

Edited by niklj

They totally fooled me on both hallucinations, I was sitting here thinking "she told him, she told him!" right up until Major walked in the door with the zombie box lunches. I still can't believe that Blaine actually killed the astronaut.

• Love 2

Ha! Yeah, that was a great fake-out. Actually, I called that Major was a hallucination the second he showed back up at her door saying he didn't want to go home after all, but I wasn't sure until she cuddled up to him on the bed. The fact that no one else was ever in those scenes helped as well. But Johnny Frost I was totally blindsided by! And then, when it turned out Frost was a hallucination, I thought that maybe the Major stuff was a fake-fake-out, and that since Frost wasn't real, Major WAS! And then they got me again when it turned out I'd been right the first time. Damn, show! You're good!

As great as it was to see Blaine back in the morgue (though not in the way I'd prefer), I am definitely getting worried about what it means for Ravi that Blaine knows he's working on a cure for something that Blaine is making a fortune from.

At first, I kind of appreciated the inversion of the old trope (or not so old, if you ask The Flash) of the hero having to hide his secret identity from his girlfriend for her "protection" or because she "couldn't handle it," even though his guy friends seem to handle it just fine. But now I realize that I hate that trope for reasons other than its blatant misogyny, like the fact that it is very frustrating from a storytelling perspective! Just tell Major already! He is NOT safer or healthier not knowing! Gah!

The dramatic irony runs amok on this show. So many characters should be looking out for each other, but so few of them have enough info to actually do that effectively (or know that they should), and the tension is getting delicious!

• Love 6

Major's either stupid or he has a death wish, who the fuck gets in the trunk of people they suspect murdered a bunch of people! I get that he's trying to investigate the death of his friends, the fact that he's still alive is a miracle. 

That's starting to get on my nerves about Major. He is too stupid too live, in that regard.

• Love 4

I admit the show faked me out on both of Liv’s hallucinations of Major and the weatherman.  Looking back there were some clues that nagged me.  For example, Johnny Frost appeared to be too immaculate when he was running around with Liv in the middle of the night.  His suit had no wrinkles or dirt, and his hair was perfect.  Also, what kind of professional weatherman is so casual about breaking into somebody’s apartment? 
I initially got excited when Major kissed Liv and she opened up to him.  However, he seemed to accept the truth too readily.  Such a shame.  It was an intense emotional moment between the two.  They both had tears in their eyes.  I thought they would eventually get back together with guitar boy dead, but it doesn’t appear that will happen since Major found out the truth on his own.  Once he learns Liv knew about zombies all along, I don’t see how he could ever trust her again. 
Poor Major.  Despite being the perfect fiancé and an altruistic person, he was called boring. 
Recently, he purchased a gun, spent time in jail, fought zombies, shot zombies, rode in their car trunk, and stole their stash of brains.  Now people call him stupid.  From boring to stupid.  He just can’t win.  Lol.

• Love 4
(edited)

If Liv and Rav don't tell Major soonish, this is just going to piss me off.

I wasn't paying attention to the time and totally thought Liv was going to rip open one of the coolers that Major brought in and chow down.

They got me, too, on the Johnny Frost.  I'm guessing Blaine wasn't a hallucination in the morgue, though?

Edited by KayElektra

I thought Johnny Frost was the perfect amount of believeable and fantastic within the framework of the show so that he seemed real, but then it made just as much sense that he wasn't. Am I giving this show too much credit for that? I'm currently between a rock and a hard place with my current and future landlords, so maybe I just bought into the fantasy more easily than the average viewer--or even more easily than I would have under other circumstances.

Johnny Frost seemed to me like an updated, better, Twin Peaks-ish character.

• Love 2

If Liv and Rav don't tell Major soonish, this is just going to piss me off.

I am just thinking Major is going to find the video of Liv.  They got me too. I wasn't paying close attention but was happy at the way the Major truth went down, until...

I would have loved this episode so much more if not for Liv/Major. Sorry, but this romance DOES NOT work for me, big-time. And really, her BF was just killed and she's already all about Major again? Way too fast.

Otherwise, not bad. Devil talking to Liv was really funny. Cliff, ehm, Head!Jonny Frost was awesome. The hallucination twist was genuinely exciting. That Liv/Ravi/Blaine scene in the morgue was great and very tense. Overall, I liked more Blaine, it's high time to explore him better. I really wonder if the show will kill him off in the finale though.

Oh, Liv. Rule #1 of breaking and entering: wear gloves! Don't leave fingerprints! I yell this at the girls on Pretty Little Liars all the time too.

And Major - if you think this guy killed someone, DO NOT GET IN THE TRUNK OF HIS CAR.

I loved Cliff on VM, so I was happy to see Johnny Frost was even more obnoxious and ridiculous.

when Johnny Frost started to dissolve, my first thought was: He's a hologram!

My brain jumped to faux Dr. Wells on The Flash.

I hate when shows have characters do nonsensical things. This week it was Major showing up with the brain dinners but stashing them in the hallway while he knocked on Liv's door. It's not like the containers were labeled "ZOMBIE FOOD" or anything. He could have held them while he talked to Liv after she opened the door. I know this was so the audience wouldn't know that he was the one who stole Blaine's meals, but I just can't imagine going to someone's house with unlabeled packages and putting them on the ground five feet from the doorway.

Poor Liv. She was so relieved when Major accepted the truth about zombies and then so crushed when she realized that it never happened.

Loved Ravi shaking his head to say no even as he told Liv to stay and have Chinese food with him and Peyton. I was cracking up when he laughed at Peyton wearing multiple pairs of socks but shortie shorts. A friend of mine in high school used to wear sweaters with shorts so we used to tease him about his body being in different weather zones.

It totally reminded me of the Camelot Motel but since this show isn't filmed on location in San Diego (as VM was), I didn't know if we would get some kind of little wink about the Camelot.

• Love 4

He had an IQ of 145 and she probably decided his schizophrenia was caused by other factors than genetics (although I've no idea how it happens). And maybe he looked sorta like her husband, didn't catch it.

• Love 3

I did find it a little hard to believe that Blaine would have been able to kill that astronaut (ohh, that's the title!), but I'm not going to worry about it.

I don't think it would be that tough at all. The astronaut was portrayed as a public figure whose schedule is relatively well-known, and had a couple of events on the schedule. All you had to do would be to figure out where he would be (in this case, a book signing or something), and lay in wait, charm him with some B.S. story, and brain him.

Say Ravi finds a cure. What does he do next? Can he put an ad on Craigslist, saying: Zombie? Call Ravi for re-humanization! Or maybe they set up screening clinics and administer the substance clinic-style wherever they find anyone with negligible heartbeat.

As I understand it, they haven't gone public with zombie-ism because they don't want to freak people out. Once they can say "We have a cure," they could publicize both threat and hope.

Ha! Yeah, that was a great fake-out. Actually, I called that Major was a hallucination the second he showed back up at her door saying he didn't want to go home after all, but I wasn't sure until she cuddled up to him on the bed. The fact that no one else was ever in those scenes helped as well. But Johnny Frost I was totally blindsided by! And then, when it turned out Frost was a hallucination, I thought that maybe the Major stuff was a fake-fake-out, and that since Frost wasn't real, Major WAS! And then they got me again when it turned out I'd been right the first time. Damn, show! You're good!

At first, I kind of appreciated the inversion of the old trope (or not so old, if you ask The Flash) of the hero having to hide his secret identity from his girlfriend for her "protection" or because she "couldn't handle it," even though his guy friends seem to handle it just fine. But now I realize that I hate that trope for reasons other than its blatant misogyny, like the fact that it is very frustrating from a storytelling perspective! Just tell Major already! He is NOT safer or healthier not knowing! Gah!

The dramatic irony runs amok on this show. So many characters should be looking out for each other, but so few of them have enough info to actually do that effectively (or know that they should), and the tension is getting delicious!

I was a little alerted to something being off with Johnny by his repeating of the 63/17 deal. It reminded me of "it's a magical place" in Agents of SHIELD if any of you watched that. Didn't figure out he was a hallucination, but I thought he might have been a zombie working for Blaine or something who had a glitchy brain of his own.

As to the "don't tell em for their own good" deal, I guess I buy it more here than I usually do. Not telling someone you're super-strong or super-fast and a life-saving hero is a little puzzling, especially when you're talking about someone you love and when holding that secret back literally puts them in danger every single week. Telling someone you're a half-dead, brain-eating zombie who might accidentally turn them into a zombie with a scratch is a different ball of wax. And it's really only Major's death wish in that regard that puts him in danger. If he just lived an ordinary life, he would be fine. I think in a previous episode, Liv pointed out that Major's going as gungho as he has without knowing the truth means that he would be many more times as crazy if he did. Unfortunately for Liv and Ravi, now that he has found out on his own, there's unlikely to be any stopping him. 

I just want to know why the doctor used the sperm of a schizophrenic when she could have gotten sperm from a sperm bank.

A few thoughts come to mind:

1. She may not have wanted to have any record of artificial insemination so she could convince hubby that the baby was actually his.

2. She could have been enjoying banging Scott E for non-procreation purposes and only later decided to get pregnant through him.

3. Her decision to resort to murder to keep Scott E quiet suggests that she might not have been firing on all cylinders.

• Love 10

I think they want Major to see Liv in full on zombie mode rather then her telling him. It's more shocking and dramatic for his character that way especially now that he's going to be a zombie hunter (kind like I predicted). 

• Love 3

Yeah the zombie hunter stuff was obvious from the beginning. It would still work so much better if the romance was compelling though (but then I guess I just have a problem with the central romance being a couple who had been already acquainted and in love before the show began - it's something of a pet peeve for me). 

I really hope that the other speculation I liked, with Ravi becoming anti-zombie as well, will come to fruition. Maybe season 2.

Maybe Ravi will change a bit once he finds out that Liv made a zombie? She didn't mean to, but that shows how easily she can which makes her dangerous. He is from the CDC and Liv is basically walking around with a contagious disease that is spread pretty easily. 

I just want to know why the doctor used the sperm of a schizophrenic when she could have gotten sperm from a sperm bank.

It was sort of ambiguous but I got the impression she was already sleeping with him anyway, and since she intended to pass it off as her husband's why not (was her thinking, I assume). Why she weren't more careful to keep the information from Scott E, I don't know. But I agree with those who said she seemed a little off herself.
(edited)

Also, maybe it was by accident? Schizophrenia runs in families, not a great a idea to choose a patient to father your baby...

This was Izombie meets Perception... right down to the hallucination helping solve the crime.

I was pissed with the major fakeout. The second she told him I kept expecting the usual "it's a dream" "she just thought this is what it would go like and chickend out and we're back at the beginning of the scene" cliche. But no. Things kept going. So I thought, "well naturally, he's gonna die soon then". Of course, when wheather guy wasn't real, I finally got it. Still, I hate it when shows do that. Talk to each other people! Rob Thomas, I thought you were better than this.

On other news, I think I have a crush on Ravi after seeing him get his flirt on with Payton...

Edited by luvenan
  • Love 1
(edited)

Loved Johnny Frost.  It's too bad that version of him wasn't real.  I thought that the writers had come up with a quirky character that we would see from time to time.  In other news, I finally liked Clive, a little.  First because of the look he gave Liv when she was telling off the bags of snacks in the machine, and then when he had his legs in the air.  Glad they didn't have Liv do that. ETA:  Boring Major is too stupid to live. :-)

Edited by Goldmoon
  • Love 7

Yeah the zombie hunter stuff was obvious from the beginning. It would still work so much better if the romance was compelling though (but then I guess I just have a problem with the central romance being a couple who had been already acquainted and in love before the show began - it's something of a pet peeve for me). 

I don't know what the source material is like, but I keep feeling like Rob Thomas just really really wants to make his Duncan plot work.  He hasn't figured out that the issue wasn't Jason Dohring > Teddy Dunn, but with the entire set up.  

I am also still finding the whole Lowell thing bizarre.  The never seeing the body business just feels off.  For a second I thought it was going to turn out that he was just in that hibernating form of dead that we saw with Blaine's goons in the meat locker, but is it just that they didn't want to pay Bradley James for an episode of playing dead?  Were we never supposed to get invested in that relationship (and Rob Thomas misread the chemistry balance again)?  We're several episodes out from that, and I still keep expecting there to be a twist.  

They had a whole conversation about disposing of his remains (which was weird btw but I guess he has zero family in any country who need to be notified?) but I'm assumed at this point he's been cremated already. I don't think we were expected to think any more of it. Twist could be coming, but I don't think so. I think it was just supposed to be a guilt-factory for Liv to reaffirm her "must.stop.Blaine."ism.

• Love 2
I don't know what the source material is like, but I keep feeling like Rob Thomas just really really wants to make his Duncan plot work.

You and me both. It was clear he was very invested in the whole Veronica/Duncan thing, but it came across SO BADLY he couldn't get it out of his system, so this is his next try.

I am also still finding the whole Lowell thing bizarre.  The never seeing the body business just feels off.  For a second I thought it was going to turn out that he was just in that hibernating form of dead that we saw with Blaine's goons in the meat locker, but is it just that they didn't want to pay Bradley James for an episode of playing dead?  Were we never supposed to get invested in that relationship (and Rob Thomas misread the chemistry balance again)?  We're several episodes out from that, and I still keep expecting there to be a twist.

Eh, not really. It was clear Lowell was supposed to be just a temporary love interest. He clearly didn't matter much for the bigger plot and I do believe they've actually expanded his role from what was intended in the first place, like Bradley James said in his interview (I guess Liv being all about Major in this episode is the artifact because Liv/Lowell was likely supposed to be just a flirtation, not a full-blown relationship originally). It just seems off because Liv and Lowell really did have much better chemistry than her and Major. I totally believe Lowell's dead and gone, anyway. No reason to believe he's not.

(edited)

At one point during the episode I even thought "Wow, she's just hallucinating the snack devil? That's kind of not a lot," and STILL I was surprised by both the Johnny Frost and Major revelations! I am dumb sometimes, it seems.

Liv realizing that she hadn't told Major about being a zombie, that things weren't okay again, was just so sad. Also, Major's crazed idea that he should go to war against the zombies make me fear he won't make it to the end of the season alive.

Clive laying on the couch with his legs up in the air was hilarious. I'm only sorry we didn't get to see the conversation where Liv convinces him to actually re-enact her vision.

I feel like a lot of the menace of Blaine comes from the other characters reacting to him; in and of himself, he doesn't seem to scary, but since the rest of the characters are believably afraid of him, I buy that he's a seriously bad dude.

Edited by swimmyfish
  • Love 4
(edited)

A+ for the Devil animation, script, and voice.

3. Her decision to resort to murder to keep Scott E quiet suggests that she might not have been firing on all cylinders.

I thought her swaggering walk when we first met her was a clue too, although I thought she would just be a villain.

Maybe Ravi will change a bit once he finds out that Liv made a zombie? She didn't mean to, but that shows how easily she can which makes her dangerous. He is from the CDC and Liv is basically walking around with a contagious disease that is spread pretty easily.

Even though Liz may blame herself, IMO, the new zombie made himself when he licked her blood. Edited by shapeshifter

Oh, I know that guy made himself into a zombie. But Liv is a contagion for a disease that turns people into brain eaters and is therefore dangerous, even if she doesn't mean to be. All Liv has to do is swing her hand by someone, scratch them and they become a zombie. I was just going off of Furryfury's theory of Ravi becoming Anti-Zombie. 

• Love 2

I appear to be in the minority, but I love the crap out of Major and I do wish he and Liv could be together. I know it seems like he's boring because he's "the perfect man" but I can't help myself, he is. He's hot and smart and funny and hot. And, apparently, very determined. I know it can't happen right away because then what - but I do hope there's a possibility of a future there and they don't kill him off to make Liv's journey more dramatic.

• Love 11

Oh, Liv. Rule #1 of breaking and entering: wear gloves! Don't leave fingerprints! I yell this at the girls on Pretty Little Liars all the time too.

This is so ingrained in me from watching TV that I'll watch a show that takes place a long time ago, before fingerprinting technology, and I'll still think, "Don't touch that with your bare hands!"

• Love 3

I guess Liv being all about Major in this episode is the artifact because Liv/Lowell was likely supposed to be just a flirtation, not a full-blown relationship originally

I think Liv is all about Major because she never stopped being all about Major. She and Lowell talked about it from the very beginning that she was still in love with Major and hadn't moved on. She and Lowell also talked about how the only reason they were together was because they were both zombies. Liv thought that Lowell could be her once chance to be with someone because she didn't have to worry about turning him. I think she came to really care about him, but she wasn't in love with him. I think she just put a pin in her feelings for Major and tried to give it her best shot with Lowell because he was her best option, but now that he's not around, the pin on her feelings for Major has been removed.

I probably shouldn't have been, because I'm usually good at guessing those kind of plot twists, but I was fooled by the Johnny Frost and Major hallucination reveals. I did think it was really weird how Johnny kept hanging around with her. There was no reason for him to still be there with her, but I really didn't give it too much thought. Her revealing the truth to Major felt like it was too easy and he took it too well, but I still don't put the pieces together. It was an interesting way to do a fake-out, though I'm still kind of pissed the Major reveal was fake.

I really hope Major's desire to kill all zombies isn't an excuse Liv uses to not tell him the truth. I think once Major finds out the truth about Liv he'll be majorly pissed at her for lying to him and letting him think he was crazy, but he'd never try and kill her.

• Love 6

I really hope Major's desire to kill all zombies isn't an excuse Liv uses to not tell him the truth. I think once Major finds out the truth about Liv he'll be majorly pissed at her for lying to him and letting him think he was crazy, but he'd never try and kill her.

I don't know...if, or should I say when, Major sees the video of Liv noshing on dude's brains, I could see him trying to kill her.

Or at least, I think if I were in Major's place, I would behead first and ask questions later. 

• Love 2

Hopefully in the end I think it could go this way, on some level Major knew. Not that she was a zombie but that there was something very wrong with what happened and I wonder if the passionate way he obsessed about those missing kids was sort of some weird way of compensating for that niggling feeling that something was happening and only he wasn't pirivy to it and that *if* he solved it, maybe he could get Liv back.  I don't think he would ever kill her. I think he is still in love with her.  Though I could see him feeling defeated because he can't be with her.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think...it's weird because I thought the her telling him scene was a dream sequence all the way. Felt dumb I didn't think it was a hallucination but since it came on the heels of the sleeping scenes (which I now also think were hallucinations) I had sleep on my mind and so assumed dream sequence. But anyway, I know this won't happen because...no tension...but I would've hoped Liv could've learned from the hallucinated kitchen conversation to tell Major something. Maybe not in as many words, but I mean, he's got Scott telling him zombies were on the boat. He's got a fiancee who was on the boat, and broke off the engagement shortly thereafter. And everyone seems to know something very violent happened on the boat, if not exactly what. So... even if she thinks she'll sound crazy or he was already in a mental hospital and not to encourage the crazy... it seems like there are ways she could've broached the subject with Major, addressing Scott E's claims and such in a very matter of fact, rational way that involves neither lying and saying "there are no zombies" but that also isn't saying "yes, your schizophrenic friend is absolutely right".

I mean, now he's stolen coolers full of brains, so you know, that ship sailed, but even listening to what I was convinced was not a real conversation anyway, I found myself picking apart her choice of phrases. By which I mean, yeah the hallucination went surprisingly well, but I don't think it would have or should if it weren't a hallucination and she said exactly what she did? But I do think there is a similar, but tweaked version of that conversation that could have been had that wouldn't have been a crash and burn. Let me clarify, I am not criticizing the writers' choice of words, but rather criticizing Liv's choice of words. In her hallucination. Because I'm obnoxious and think I'm smarter than a fictional zombie doctor on TV.

But you know what I mean? There's a spin to this conversation that someone is going to have to have eventually, Ravi with the CDC, Liv with someone other than Ravi, and the way to not instantly get sent to an institution and/or inspire immediate panic is to treat it calmly and sternly and as a disease (or very traumatic event if you're talking about the boat incident and not just the condition) and, I donno, describe it the way it was without using the word zombie? People would probably come to that term themselves anyway what with the brain cravings, but I mean, ease into it as some form of really aggressive rabies-like thing.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1

I hope Ravi's apparent progress toward a cure does not imply that he has an expiration date, because he is too integral to the show to lose.

Part of me thinks that Liv is going to turn Major by accident, and part of me thinks Blaine will scratch him.  I don't see his current trajectory leading to a good outcome without some serious course corrections.  Liv and Ravi need to have an intervention for him that includes a Liv reveal.

Damn, I was hoping for the police chief to join teams with Liv against Blaine, but no such luck. Still, gotta love Blaine.

This could work out well for Liv.  She could be his contact for braaaaains.  And it was interesting the Blaine treats him like one of the second class zombies - just another lackey.  I would think he would value him and his position more than that.  I don't think Blaine is relying on Liv staying the dark forever, but I think he was convinced to take no action by her clamness, participation in the Max Rager experiment, and genuine conversation about Scott E.  Blaine can't move against LIv overtly if he expects Ravi to find a cure for him.  I wonder if Scott E. knew Blaine was a zombie.

I was also fooled by Johnny Frost.  I bought him as a stoner that was bored and lonely enough to see how his buddy's murder investigation played out.