Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Double Down On Delusion

• Start Topic

Sonja knew the girls were coming over, she shouldn't have made them wait outside.  You can't clean up one room and have them wait in there?  If your house is such a mess that you can't have folks come inside, then don't arrange your house as a meeting area.

This.

Heather said in her blog that one of the interns literally said "Lady Morgan is not taking visitors".

So is this the point we've reached, when you can you just assign yourself a royal title?  Though the countries/regimes that assigned the titles that Luann and Carol use no longer recognize those titles, they were legitimately assigned. Luann married a count. Carol married a prince.

Sidenote: Luann recently said on Twitter that Carol is a princess with a lower case p, because she's not a real princess. OK, countess without the "O" (shoutout to Simon VanKempen) we see you!

Lady Morgan, thou art delusionallll. As someone upthread said - Captain Morgan would be more appropriate.

• Love 6

I am not completely understanding this whole foyer-situation.  

Sonja clearly said that Heather started bounding up the stairs, and "up" the stairs has to mean they gained entrance beyond the front door at some point.  The outdoors stairs to the front door go down. So they had to be inside.  At least inside that little room you enter into.  At least Heather was. 

It seemed like Heather starting to go up the stairs is what caused Sonja to flip out. An overreaction, l would say, but she did at least let them in.

But inside the limo Sonja started rambling about not wanting the front door open because her dogs could get out.  Was that just general bitching and defensiveness from her? Because the rest of what she said makes it clear she had already let them in.  

So did Sonja let them in then start freaking out because as they arrived one at a time, the front door was having to be opened over and over?  And then Heather started to go beyond the area she had been invited into?  And then someone spilled some tea?  And then she kicked them all out into the rain?

Am I understanding this? 

• Love 4

I don't think we'll ever fully understand it. But there's more to it then the 4 women show up and Sonja made them wait outside in the rain. The truth is somewhere in the middle. And this is the first thing on my

list of things I want clarified at the reunion.

• Love 7

Let's be real about why the ladies weren't invited in to Sonja's house that morning. Sonja's house was probably a total disgusting disaster, she doesn't have help that cleans and it gets filthy. She has got crap for her messy/ dirty house in past seasons (I remember Kelly saying that the toilet bowl was gross). The place is probably gross, dirty, and falling apart, and Sonja doesn't want the ladies to see that. She would rather them be pissed at her for being inconsiderate than giving her crap about her being unable to keep up her house. That's really the only plausible reason for Sonja to not want them to come in. I've had people wait for me outside when my place has been a disaster too and they were early. But anyway.

Maybe I'm crazy but Sonja doesn't seem to be doing anything too far out--> yes she is lying constantly to save face, but I think she knows very well she is lying, she's not delusional. She's just standing on her own now, and she doesn't have the lavish background anymore to make the crap she says sound believable.

I've done the same, but the thing that is so perplexing is that she let a camera crew in to show her arranging sticks in a vase and packing her suitcase. Why let the camera crew in if your place was dirty or if you wanted to have a private talk with your sister or you were afraid of your pets getting out? Sonja is such a bundle of contradictions. She'll babble on about her businesses and connections and then show herself using a sharpie on a Chanel bag and washing her face and lingerie in a bidet. It just makes you think that sad desperate Sonja is closer to the truth.

• Love 9

Satan Andy is a correct name for Andy. The promotion of Sophia is very serious. I am shocked and I can't imagine her daughter and OMM aren't worried or think this is all a joke or just for our entertainment. But Andy gets a kick out of it and big $$$.

Satan Andy can't exploit people who don't want to be exploited. Sonja, like Kelly before her, insists that she's not a drunk, not using anything other than vitamins, and is a rarity on RHONY in that she actually needs the money. Until Sonja is declared mentally incompetent, she has the mental capacity and will to quit this show if she doesn't like Satan Andy depicting her a certain way.

Don't get me wrong, Andy is clearly on board with exploitation - I didn't need to see Bethenny tinkle in a bucket the first time, and I felt the roadside piss in an area of the country where I am pretty fucking sure there are gas stations every ten minutes on the road was fucking ridiculous, especially when it was accompanied with flashbacks of Bethenny's wedding tinkle - but Sonja is on this show because she wants to be, and is not mentally incompetent. Satan Andy can't exploit anyone who doesn't agree to be exploited.

• Love 5

Sonja clearly said that Heather started bounding up the stairs, and "up" the stairs has to mean they gained entrance beyond the front door at some point.  The outdoors stairs to the front door go down. So they had to be inside.  At least inside that little room you enter into.  At least Heather was. 

It seemed like Heather starting to go up the stairs is what caused Sonja to flip out. An overreaction, l would say, but she did at least let them in.

But inside the limo Sonja started rambling about not wanting the front door open because her dogs could get out.  Was that just general bitching and defensiveness from her? Because the rest of what she said makes it clear she had already let them in.  

So did Sonja let them in then start freaking out because as they arrived one at a time, the front door was having to be opened over and over?  And then Heather started to go beyond the area she had been invited into?  And then someone spilled some tea?  And then she kicked them all out into the rain?

Am I understanding this? 

This is the same woman that had everyone believing she had a toaster oven to sell! LOL At this point, even if she had her tongue notarized, I would still question her.   

• Love 6
(edited)
I agree with ScoobieDoobs.  If she had to pee, fine.  But why did we have to see it?  She could have very easily let production know that she had to pee and please turn the cameras off while she did it.  I think they would have obliged.  Some things we just don't need to see and someone peeing at the side of the road is one of them in my opinion.  If others are entertained by it, that's okay, but I for one am not!

I won't beat this one to death cuz I've already said it, but I'd like to emphasize what really bugged me was Bethenny working this peeing thing as some shtick for the cameras.  Having to deal with a sudden & urgent need to urinate is a very serious medical issue which both men & women face.  But that is clearly not what Bethenny is dealing with.  She just wants to do what she wants to do when she wants to.  She's rich & can get away with this bullshit now.  

I also suspect she & Satan Andy cooked this bit up cuz they both thought it would be entertaining & hilarious.  Still waiting to see those stories about Bethenny indiscriminately pulling down her pants & underwear & squatting down to pee in the streets of Manhattan. 

The problem was the way this ep was edited.  The first scene is very confusing.  Since I pass Sonja's townhouse nearly everyday, I've tried to describe the layout as accurately as I can, at least viewing from the street of Sonja's townhouse & the surroundings.  Well, here's a pic of it (from Google Maps)-- and how it looked at the time they were filming, with the barricades in front & on either side of her townhouse.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/162+E+63rd+St,+New+York,+NY+10065/@40.764351,-73.965486,3a,52.5y,211h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sdK7UiA1bTxz90SwVM5RX4Q!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c258ef33ba0e93:0x955484c78a65df62!6m1!1e1

This is a very, very busy street & I don't think there is any parking, so a limo would not be allowed to park in front of her townhouse.  It could pick up & drop off people, but that's it, cuz otherwise it would block traffic.  And it bears repeating how the garage next door is crazy busy.  Whenever I've passed by, there are always cars coming & going.  Btw, if her townhouse looks teeny-weeny that's because it pretty much is.  All the other townhouses on the block are much, much larger.  And despite the disrepair going on inside, the outside of Sonja's townhouse looks OK. 

Now, all that is visible from street view is the tiny foyer/vestibule inside the front door area.  If there is a staircase past the foyer/vestibule, it can't be seen from the street.  And they didn't show Heather trying to enter by the staircase, so what actually happened is confusing, since we're getting such conflicting stories.  

I still say Sonja was in the wrong, but she was too absorbed in her own drama/babble/whatever to realize Heather & the rest of 'em had nowhere to wait.  And the situation was made even worse cuz the sidewalk in front is narrow & the overhanging barricade they were standing under was probably leaking buckets of water from the pouring rain & they had to dodge all the cars coming & going from the garage next door.  Yikes!  Sounds lovely.  Look, Heather is a sensible woman.  She wouldn't get so steamed without a good reason.

Sheesh, Sonja has gotta be absolutely maddening to be anywhere near.  Between the delusions & the senseless babble & the drinking, I couldn't take it.  And I'm getting really annoyed with her playing victim whenever she discusses her lawsuit now.  The reason she has to pay the 7 mil & couldn't get out of paying it, even by filing for bankruptcy, is because the judgement was for fraud.  Yeah, that's right, Sonja was found to have defrauded that film company.  Quit playing the victim on this, Sonja, cuz we know the truth.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9

I still say Sonja was in the wrong, but she was too absorbed in her own drama/babble/whatever to realize Heather & the rest of 'em had nowhere to wait.  And the situation was made even worse cuz the sidewalk in front is narrow & the overhanging barricade they were standing under was probably leaking buckets of water from the pouring rain & they had to dodge all the cars coming & going from the garage next door.  Yikes!  Sounds lovely.  Look, Heather is a sensible woman.  She wouldn't get so steamed without a good reason.

Sheesh, Sonja has gotta be absolutely maddening to be anywhere near.  Between the delusions & the senseless babble & the drinking, I couldn't take it.  And I'm getting really annoyed with her playing victim whenever she discusses her lawsuit now.  The reason she has to pay the 7 mil & couldn't get out of paying it, even by filing for bankruptcy, is because the judgement was for fraud.  Yeah, that's right, Sonja was found to have defrauded that film company.  Quit playing the victim on this, Sonja, cuz we know the truth.

Well, to be fair to Sonja her townhouse does come equipped with French Doors and a garbage disposal.  Kristen, Dorinda and Heather probably don't have such fine things in their own homes, so how could she trust them to know how to act among such fine things? 

• Love 12

Weird that Sonja writes in her blog that someone spilled tea. Which makes me think it was either Sonja herself or Ramona.

Yes, this is odd. While Dorinda mainly makes excuses for Sonja in her blog, she does say that it would have been nice to have been offered some tea while they were waiting. I wonder how she feels now that she knows she is being lumped into the group that is accused of spilling tea in an otherwise pristine environment. 

• Love 3

Yes, this is odd. While Dorinda mainly makes excuses for Sonja in her blog, she does say that it would have been nice to have been offered some tea while they were waiting. I wonder how she feels now that she knows she is being lumped into the group that is accused of spilling tea in an otherwise pristine environment. 

But maybe it was some old, moldy cup of tea that had been sitting on that mahogany table for 6 months (plausible, considering) and Heather knocked it over during her "You're a Fucking Bitch" rampage.  Who knows. No one said it was tea that had been recently offered.  Because I don't think any was offered either.

Where's Ramona's damn blog?

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Luann's 'cut' looks great on her. I think it was the season before last that she grew out her hair and it didn't look nearly as good as it does shorter. I also wouldn't call it a seventies do. Who on Charlie's Angels even wore their hair like that? They all had longer hair than Luann.

You see LuAnn. I see 70's Charlie's Angel Kate Jackson.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21700000/Kate-Jackson-as-Sabrina-Duncan-kate-jackson-fans-21742785-404-600.jpg

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.XhC2BtH1jiGDq08J%2feabVg&pid=15.1&P=0

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2

I don't think LuAnn should get extensions either.  She has a style that works great with her bone structure.  Her hair may be as short as Kate Jackson's in that photo, but the cut is different and where the layers are, really highlight her great cheekbones.  It's not as if she's trying to rock some Ann Landers hairdo.

• Love 8

Ha ha yes well now that you mention it, I suppose there are some similarities there!  Idk...  on some people I think Lu's hairstyle might look a bit dated, but for some reason, she pulls it off!  (at least, imo)

I would be interested to see how she'd look in a straight, sleek bob like Kristen wears though. 

Sonja's never going to talk me into anything other than the foyer kerfuffle being a poor display of hostessry.  Fine, the house is a mess.  But per Lady Morgan's description and from what we've been shown, there's a gang of other rooms from which to choose.  She could've asked one of the children to show the ladies into the parlor and resumed arguing with her sister or tapping on her flask or whatever needed attending for the next 59 minutes.  I don't understand what French doors and empty ponds have to do with a decent set of manners.  I hope we don't get an explanation during the reunion, between this and updos and Gstaad, I've spent too much time.

Beth and the peeing.  Look, my daughter bestowed upon me the gift of a (now) urgent bladder.  If you're blessed with it, there is no such thing as a window between when you feel the urge and going.  When you have to go is when you're going.  You've got about 60 seconds to find a bathroom.  I say all that to say, yeah I could've lived without having to see her or anyone else go for that matter, but I don't doubt this is what's wrong with her.  She went to the back of the party bus (I'm guessing in an irrational urgency panic to see if there actually was a bathroom back there) but once you've discovered you're out of options, there isn't time to find a Vince Lombardi turnpike throne, it's already happening.   Depends you say?  Sure, but this only solves the problem of exposure for everyone else.  For you it means sitting in a pile of sogginess until you can rectify it.  So yeah unless you're aware of the location and distance of the rest rooms along your route for that day, there's going to be an event.  I do agree with ya'll in one regard.  Keep that to yourself.  Be it Sonja, Beth or any of these women, if I want to see lady bits up close, I'll upgrade my premium cable package.

Sometimes I wonder if Sonja wasn't always a little cuckoo and that's why her ex won't so much as look at her. I've also read that he asked newspapers and websites to take down any pictures of him and Sonja together, sort of implies that his time with her was not pleasant and does not hold good memories. And she is always saying that he was her best friend, but I think that is her imagination as well. He does not seem to have had much of any relationship with her, and she was sort of his PR person that he married, as she entertained (and probably slept) with many of his friends on their entertainment cruises. I sort of think the Sonja we see now is the exact person that he married, and he got bored or annoyed financing her partying and tolerating her self-created titles and pretending that she was important to her face. Let's face it, the woman is not a business person though she wants everyone to think she is. That said, I think Sonja is a bit of a snob. The way she was going on about all the famous people she has partied with sort of implies that she doesn't find her current friends that impressive. She is always reminding people who she is. It's like a girlfriend I have who mentions she went to Penn State in front of everyone to remind people she is smart. It's obvious she wants people to know she is better than them. But the thing is, she ISN'T better than them, she is just insecure to admit who she really is. 

I'm asking out of genuine curiosity, not to be snarky - does your friend think this is name dropping?

• Love 2

Ha ha yes well now that you mention it, I suppose there are some similarities there!  Idk...  on some people I think Lu's hairstyle might look a bit dated, but for some reason, she pulls it off!  (at least, imo)

I would be interested to see how she'd look in a straight, sleek bob like Kristen wears though.

I believe that's what Carole was suggesting, LuAnn said shoulder length extensions. I think LuAnn probably looks best with hair no longer than her shoulders, I just wish she would modernize the cut. The feathered hair she sports is just dated, and ages her IMO.

(edited)
This is exactly what I think is the key to Sonja: she will go to her grave wanting to force the rest of the world to pretend that her marriage was a love match, of course it was all about love and not about money!   At some point she knew the truth, and I think she still does, but because of pride, she has to try and force other people to go along with her lie.  She will never admit, never, ever, ever, that she pursued Morgan to try and set herself up into financial ease and not because she loved him in the way we can assume Heather loved Jonathan or Ramona loved Mario when they married.  Never.  Because there's the sideline lie of her having been a 'businesswoman' and not a hostess allegedly flirting with and even fucking the married clientele at the restaurant where she hostessed.

I was struck by Sonja saying to Bethenny, "We were very much in love", about she and her ex-husband, when they were discussing the dissolution of Sonja's marriage.  And I thought, obviously he wasn't very much in love or you'd still be married.

Edited by pbutler111
  • Love 3

Am I understanding this? 

This is the way I understand this, just from the blogs and their own TH this is what I gather:

When the ladies arrived at Sonja's house they were let inside of the house, the foyer probably, maybe the only part of the house that was not a mess , for what I gather from Sonja's blog they were having tea, maybe one of the interns prepared some as part of the "supervised curriculum"?

Once one of them spilled tea on some antique piece and Sonja had to clean it up , she probablyh had to go upstairs to her kitchen to gather some paper towels but the other ladies followed her and Sonja wasn't having that , why? because if the other ladies are coming then a camera is following them and Sonja didn't want that, she was ready to be filmed only at her foyer and that is it, she didn't want any other part of the house on film.  I am going to give Heather the benefit of the doubt (even though she is a reality tv pro at this point) that she honestly wanted to go upstairs to help Sonja gather some cleaning supplies and help out and might not have realized that the cameras were following her, one thing is clear to me, at some point Sonja might have realized the cameras were about to enter her second floor and she threw a fit, she wasn't ready for that.

Instead of telling the truth Sonja resorts to lies that are so dumb that everything else gets discredited, so instead of fixing the problem she makes it even worse by kicking them out of her house on such a cold and rainy day, she is so upset that she forgets to communicate to the others that Bethenny has let her know she will be 45 minutes late. This whole mess happened because Sonja thought she could control the location and narrative of the meeting, she probably would had been better suited to ask everybody to meet at Ramona's place or somewhere else but Sonja is her own worst enemy, she has created this imaginary life where her house is a palace and now she can't keep up with it. She is becoming consumed by her own delusions.

• Love 4
It's like a girlfriend I have who mentions she went to Penn State in front of everyone to remind people she is smart. It's obvious she wants people to know she is better than them. But the thing is, she ISN'T better than them, she is just insecure to admit who she really is.

Is Penn State really all that brag-able?  Harvard, maybe; Oxford or Cambridge, definitely.  But Penn State?  She might want to re-think that strategy.

• Love 5
Instead of telling the truth Sonja resorts to lies that are so dumb that everything else gets discredited, so instead of fixing the problem she makes it even worse by kicking them out of her house on such a cold and rainy day, she is so upset that she forgets to communicate to the others that Bethenny has let her know she will be 45 minutes late. 

Yeah, this is likely what happened.  But to me, it just shows how these women are not actual friends with each other.  They clearly don't speak to each other.  OK, maybe Carole & Heather speak, but that's about it.  By this point it seemed like even Moaner wasn't communicating much to Sonja.  Bethenny isn't friends with any of 'em.  I bet she ONLY speaks/texts with production peeps -- any NOT any of the cast.  But they all probably depend on production people to be "communications central".  And that doesn't always work out so well, because the production peeps could screw up -- by accident or maybe on purpose, to fuck with the cast & create chaos & manipulate them into a storyline.

• Love 1

Is Penn State really all that brag-able?  Harvard, maybe; Oxford or Cambridge, definitely.  But Penn State?  She might want to re-think that strategy.

Depends on where you live - where I grew up yes, people would have been impressed by someone who got into Penn State

• Love 1

Penn State is pretty fucking impressive to me.

• Love 5

^^ I made a similar comment above and what I meant is:  I got zero problems with being impressed by the ability to get into any college.  And as they go, Penn State's a good one.  Maybe it is regional, I never knew it was a name drop school.

• Love 2

Penn State's a good school, but I always thought between Penn State and UPenn, that folks "Oooh"ed and "Ahhh"ed more about UPenn. 

In any case, I still maintain that Sonja was rude for that whole "Wait outside" business. You can't even host your fellow friends/co-worker in  your foyer/vestibule/whatever, but I'm expected to believe that you have capabilities of hosting larger events? Ma'am, no. 

• Love 2
Is Penn State really all that brag-able?

Many state universities carry the cache of being hard to get into, even for in-state residents - UCal Berkeley, UCLA, Michigan, UVa, Chapel Hill, etc. They may not be Ivy League, but they're well-respected and are definitely not considered "safety schools."

Harvard has had some serious issues (and bad PR) with grade inflation. In 2013, CNN reported that the median grade at Harvard was an A-. I don't think that doing well at some institutions is as difficult as getting in. 

Well, to be fair to Sonja her townhouse does come equipped with French Doors and a garbage disposal. Kristen, Dorinda and Heather probably don't have such fine things in their own homes, so how could she trust them to know how to act among such fine things?

Yes, because they haven't lived "the life".

I laughed when she said that to Beth, what the hell does that even mean?

• Love 5

The odd thing to me about Sonja and not letting them in, she knew they were coming, with the film crew.

How messy could her house really be? It is basically a house of adults. And while the interns are not housekeepers(what do they do?) I would bet good money they clean up. The whole situation is crazy funny to me.

However, I'd be pissed if my friend told me to wait outside in the rain, after she arranged the meeting place. Rude!

• Love 4
^^ I made a similar comment above and what I meant is:  I got zero problems with being impressed by the ability to get into any college.  And as they go, Penn State's a good one.  Maybe it is regional, I never knew it was a name drop school.

I'd have a hard time working up much of an envy over any state university.

(edited)

Penn State IS a good school, but University of Pennsylvania is Ivy League.

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 2

Thanks to those posting the slices of nutpie that is Sonja's blog. So much what the what.

We know the prosecco makes her gassy, but there was a line at the end of the episode -- when she's stumbling in the hallway -- about "does it smell like a skunk?"

Sonja may have been talking about weed. Wasn't Carole coming out of her room at the moment?

But maybe it was some old, moldy cup of tea that had been sitting on that mahogany table for 6 months (plausible, considering) and Heather knocked it over during her "You're a Fucking Bitch" rampage. 

Or maybe Kristen or Dorinda knocked it over. They were there, too.

I hope we don't get an explanation during the reunion, between this and updos and Gstaad, I've spent too much time.

Yeah, I don't understand the pressing need for Sonja's rudeness to be someone else's fault.

I wonder if Sonja really has the girlwood for LuAnn, or if she gets so drunk that she doesn't know/care who she's trying to hump?

• Love 1

::throws tomatoes::  Girl, Boooooooo!  LOL.  Mileage and all but you know, not everybody is afforded the opportunity so I have no problem with it being celebrated at any level.  But I was using my own perspective.  I know that my expression would be blank if somebody used this trying to impress. 

Trooper York - FTW!  Lol. 

• Love 8
n the other hand..........It is much easier to get into Sonja's pants then it is to get into Penn State.

So it all balances out....more or less.

Since 54% of applicants are accepted to Penn State, that's a pretty low standard for Sonja's pants!

• Love 3
(edited)

This is the way I understand this, just from the blogs and their own TH this is what I gather:

When the ladies arrived at Sonja's house they were let inside of the house, the foyer probably, maybe the only part of the house that was not a mess , for what I gather from Sonja's blog they were having tea, maybe one of the interns prepared some as part of the "supervised curriculum"?

Once one of them spilled tea on some antique piece and Sonja had to clean it up , she probablyh had to go upstairs to her kitchen to gather some paper towels but the other ladies followed her and Sonja wasn't having that , why? because if the other ladies are coming then a camera is following them and Sonja didn't want that, she was ready to be filmed only at her foyer and that is it, she didn't want any other part of the house on film. I am going to give Heather the benefit of the doubt (even though she is a reality tv pro at this point) that she honestly wanted to go upstairs to help Sonja gather some cleaning supplies and help out and might not have realized that the cameras were following her, one thing is clear to me, at some point Sonja might have realized the cameras were about to enter her second floor and she threw a fit, she wasn't ready for that.

Instead of telling the truth Sonja resorts to lies that are so dumb that everything else gets discredited, so instead of fixing the problem she makes it even worse by kicking them out of her house on such a cold and rainy day, she is so upset that she forgets to communicate to the others that Bethenny has let her know she will be 45 minutes late. This whole mess happened because Sonja thought she could control the location and narrative of the meeting, she probably would had been better suited to ask everybody to meet at Ramona's place or somewhere else but Sonja is her own worst enemy, she has created this imaginary life where her house is a palace and now she can't keep up with it. She is becoming consumed by her own delusions.

No one mentioned Sonja or her interns giving them tea. Sonja just said that when they left tea had been spilled. As Ryebread said, that could have been tea that was spilled months ago. Heather and Dorinda both mentioned in their blogs that it would have been nice if something would have been offered after the day they had aready had (Heather said just a sip of water would due) but this was not to be.

Regarding the state of Sonja's home and her not wanting cameras in there, this doesn't make sense to me simply because there were cameras in the house. They were following Sonja around. Sonja has no say in what is shown once the camera is turned on, and yet she had allowed them to be in the house with her filming. They could have easily scanned over what I am sure is total and complete turmoil in the Morgan house if they wanted too, regardless of whether Heather and the other girls were there or not. None of it makes any sense to me at all.

On second watching I had to crack up when Sonja was going on and on about not letting them in because of the dogs. She said that she once had a dog run into the street and get hit by a car when the front door was left open and that was the reason for her concern. Unless it was Heather, Dorinda or Kristen who was responsible for that situation, I have no idea how this is relevant.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

(Mr. Belding voice) Alright, alright, alright...settle DOWN here! 

Enough with the Penn State talk. 

Take it to Small Talk if you want to continue on this tangent. Thanks! 

• Love 4

Ratings for this ep were 1.385 mil viewers.  Not bad, but certainly not great either.  So Bethenny has saved the show from being cancelled, but she hasn't brought the expected enormous boost in ratings Satan Andy probably thought she was gonna bring.  Guess the big question is -- is she worth that million bucks he's throwing at her?

• Love 1
(edited)

From Sonja's blog:

Nor did they say Lady Morgan is not receiving guests. They never call me Lady Morgan out of the circle of #TeamSonja. That just sounds ludicrous.

Um, Sonja, that's not what sounds ludicrous....

But really, my question is just, does SONJA believe all this stuff, or does she just think WE will believe it? Does she think we will pre-order (and pre-pay for) a $1200 dress or a $300 tunic?   Does she think that she is convincing when she announces "royalty from Dubai would invite us all to stay at their palace"?  

Is she delusional, or does she think we're all really dumb?  I can't figure out which would be worse!

If she were trying to be funny, this blog would be very funny.  Here's how Sonja describes the process of wiping up when someone spills tea:

When they came into the foyer, a cup of tea was spilled all over the marble mosaic floor and on the antique table all while calling me a bitch. I had to lift the glass and wipe it clean so it didn’t get trapped and destroy the piece! I had to put the glass to the side to be sure the mahogany table dried completely before putting the glass back on (which is dangerous while out on the floor).

Wow.  She sure does make using a napkin sound really difficult, time consuming and fraught with danger.  No wonder she needs so many interns!!

Edited by ottergirl
  • Love 13

Unless it was Heather, Dorinda or Kristen who was responsible for that situation, I have no idea how this is relevant.

You left out Ramona.  She was there, too.  Which leads me to another odd thing...yesterday I wrote a post about Heather, Dorinda and Kristen being left out in the rain and I totally forgot Ramona was there, too.  She kind of popped up out of nowhere to say she got to use the bathroom but why was she so absent during that segment?  I think all hell broke lose in that house and Ramona stayed inside to help Sonja decompress, sober up, and/or pack. If anyone was going to be allowed into the bowels of Grey Gardens it was Moaner.

Tapping my foot, waiting for her blog.

• Love 5

I thought it was interesting that, of all the people Sonja could have claimed to have been frequent party buddies with, she chose someone who was an actual close friend of (and related by marriage to) another NY HW.

• Love 2

This just in.  From Bravo's website, Brandi says her dream is to have her own talk show.  When asked to describe the format:

"Remember Jenny Jones?" she continues about the comedian who hosted her own chat show in the '90s. "I love her! I want [to be] Jerry Springer, but for like girls."

Bolding mine.

LOL.  Idiotic, right?

• Love 7
They never call me Lady Morgan out of the circle of #TeamSonja.

I wonder if it has occurred to Sonja that they are making fun of her when they call her that.

More from Sonja's blog:

After this, I know that I shouldn’t drink with these women. You will see I refrain from partying in Turks and Caicos and stick to wine.

Yes, because wine is not alcohol. 

One has to be in a good place mentally, with cool friends, and with good booze (or beer) to survive an evening of hard partying like these girls do. They all started drinking in the limo on the way over, starting before 12pm for four hours. I really don’t know how their livers do it! After one hard drink, I’m buzzed. After two, I’m bombed! After three, I’m yours! I’m a cheap date as they say. People ask me why my skin is so nice. One reason is I can’t drink that much, so it’s usually an early night if I don’t stick to wine and wine spritzers.  So, I didn’t start drinking until we got to the hotel. 

She is really going to turn this into a discussion of how much the other ladies drink? When we saw her rolling around flashing her cooch, trying to make out with Luann, and being led down the hallway by Dorinda, staggering like Otis Campbell being put in the jail cell by Barney Fife?  

Sonja must be the most persistently defiant, in denial drunk I have ever seen on TV (with the possible exception of that chick on Dr. Phil who drank hand sanitizer when her family cut her off from booze.  Hell, even she admitted she had a problem).  But Sonja blames her antics on the company she keeps, on the type of liquor she consumed?  Seriously? 

I just don't even know what to say.  I don't know how much longer they can keep this woman on this show. It wasn't even fun to watch her this last episode.  It was sickening.  She has actually become tragic at this point. Like seriously teetering on the edge of disaster.  Is Bravo going to keep the cameras rolling until Sonja takes a drunken tumble down her stairs and gets a debilitating head injury? Will the cameras be there to capture the scene as her interns spoon feed her broth and change her diapers?  Christ on a cracker, how much longer can this go on?

• Love 8

This is the first season, I've really watch RHONY, so maybe you guys can help me out. Why and how does Sonja even have interns and exactly how many does she have? The whole situation confuses me. Obviously I know she works in PR and is an artist (since she stated it several times in this episode), but what is her business exactly where she has so many?

Whenever someone mentions her interns, I keep picturing that episode of Seinfeld when Kramer got an intern.

(edited)

You left out Ramona. She was there, too. Which leads me to another odd thing...yesterday I wrote a post about Heather, Dorinda and Kristen being left out in the rain and I totally forgot Ramona was there, too. She kind of popped up out of nowhere to say she got to use the bathroom but why was she so absent during that segment? I think all hell broke lose in that house and Ramona stayed inside to help Sonja decompress, sober up, and/or pack. If anyone was going to be allowed into the bowels of Grey Gardens it was Moaner.

Tapping my foot, waiting for her blog.

I also would love to hear from Ramona. It seems odd that she would not be upset.

This is the woman who nearly lost her mind because she had to eat dinner later than 6 because she had to go to Brooklyn, went nuts that Heather had no ac in her country home. She constantly told us what bad hosts both Kristen and Heather were. I don't think Sonja was being a good host no matter what the real story is.

You don't have to agree or disagree with with Ramona's opinion about above examples. I just can't see how being made to stand in the cold rain for more than hour, isn't something that would drive Ramona crazy!

Very curious that she was pretty much left out. Hmmm, she must not fit the story they are trying to tell.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

Nor did they say Lady Morgan is not receiving guests. They never call me Lady Morgan out of the circle of #TeamSonja. That just sounds ludicrous.

What got edited out was:  Ludicrous.  Not Puff Diddy Daddy.  Ludicrous was on my yacht.  Right next to Ridiculous & Phaedra.

• Love 12

Hee! I love how Sonja dismissed the "Lady Morgan" reference as something ludicrous, but uses something equally ridiculous (#teamsonja) to explain how ludicrous it is. She's like Rick James explaining how he wouldn't grind his dirty boots into Eddie Murphy's couch, followed by him admitting to grinding his dirty boots into Eddie Murphy's couch.
  • Love 6

Yes, because wine is not alcohol. 

Right?! Like, how many times and across how many seasons have we heard that Sonja only had a couple glasses of wine before having any real meal. So, the lack of food plus alcohol is why she's 19471904012018618168467 sheets to the wind after two drinks. 

This is the first season, I've really watch RHONY, so maybe you guys can help me out. Why and how does Sonja even have interns and exactly how many does she have? The whole situation confuses me. Obviously I know she works in PR and is an artist (since she stated it several times in this episode), but what is her business exactly where she has so many?

Whenever someone mentions her interns, I keep picturing that episode of Seinfeld when Kramer got an intern.

And you wouldn't be far off. ;)

Sonja claims that these interns get college credit, though it's long been questioned what institution would ever give approval for such an internship. I think it came out that most of these college-aged kids are there because their parents know Sonja in some capacity, so they see it as a good and convenient way for them to be in the city and not pay any room or board. Sonja has a revolving door of "interns" as a result.

• Love 5
Good lord. Sonja's blog is such a thing of delusion it is hard to believe that she would put it out there. Has she never watched the show before? It was mentioned above, but this part is especially incredible:

"She did call, and I told her I needed the time to finish the call with my sister, had no one to attend to the girls if they wanted to come up, and that I would be right down. Interns are here to learn, they are not employees or domestics. I have to be with the interns when they observe or participate in any entertaining at home. I won’t tell you the disasters that can occur in a home like mine in 15 minutes. Just imagine French doors, pond in backyard, front doors to street, garbage disposals, elevators, electric gates, two poodles, the cat, and a myriad of other accidents waiting to happen without me with the interns, who are trying to help out and learn."

Seriously, what the fuck is she talking about here? They are there to learn what? Haven't we seen them assist her in packing the right underwear, taking a Sharpie to her old bags, and putting on a license plate to drive to the Hamptons? And how detailed did she believe the entertaining of her "friends" needed to be in this situation? Weren't they just waiting for a car? And what kind of disaster did she envision would go on with her French Doors or her garbage disposal with these folks in the house? Maybe she thinks they are toddlers. It is just so beyond anything that I have ever read before. I cannot imagine having to deal with this person for even 5 minutes.

I can't stop laughing over this. 

Maybe Sonja needs to interns to act as "snatch guard" between herself and the garbage disposal. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Heather has a right to be mad, but I don't think you can expect someone to just let you into their house if they aren't ready. My mom would be thrown into a tizzy if someone wanted to come in and the house wasn't tidy enough. Heather should maybe get over herself. Kirsten will go along with anything Heather says-- Dorinda and Ramona obviously didn't care.

Heather should just accept the fact that Sonja doesn't like her and move on. Yelling at someone constantly and insisting they treat you a certain way is not going to make them like you more. Heather actually seems to have more entitlement issues than anyone there. Imagine if she went to Penn State what kind of monster she would be. hee hee. Sorry mod. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 7