Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Double Down On Delusion

• Start Topic

I love it when the drama and the reactions seem organic, vs. a ho'wife acting out for the camera. That is what I saw in Heather's reaction. It might not have been the reaction that all would have, but it is the reaction that some would certainly have (me included). She was pissed because Sonja is thoughtless about others. She has seen this firsthand. Remember the toaster oven? Heather was so supportive of Sonja, yet Sonja was not gracious. She would show up to an important meeting 2 hours late and wonder why anyone would be upset with her. An appointment with highly paid professionals there to assist and support her. Highly paid professionals paid by someone other than Sonja Morgan. She acted as if Heather and her staff should just feel lucky to get to work with her. Like she was doing them a favor. Now she is telling her "friends" that they cannot wait in her home. What is more horrendous than that, however, is her inability to understand why that would bother anyone. She is fabulous. She has a good heart. She wouldn't hurt anyone. Therefore she is never to be held accountable for the way she actually treats others. If others react to her being thoughtless, they are the problem. It is their reaction that is the problem. This drives me nuts, and clearly it drives Heather nuts as well. I saw her reaction in the limo to be someone who was so angry and frustrated that she started taking it too far but she didn't care, cameras be damned. She was just too pissed to worry about whether or not her reaction was correct. This is the shit that I love. The real shit.

I agree with this. Didn't Heather even ask if Ramona wanted her to leave the limo and not go? I believe that was true exasperation and anger.....which I fully understand and also appreciate seeing.

• Love 4
(edited)

But I also admit I haven't figured out the dynamics this season.  Dorinda, who seems pretty sensible, comes across as really LOATHING Heather in real time - in her blogs (including the latest one) and on her twitter feed, she just won't stop with the Heather bashing.  Obviously there's a huge fallout brewing with LuAnn.  There's a lot of animosity with Sonja, whose blogs have also been anti-Heather.  Both Dorinda and Sonja are chalking it up to Heather being controlling and bossy (Sonja says Heather is mad that Bethenny took her HBIC crown).  And certainly Heather's got a big old bossy streak.  And I get that Sonja is way threatened by Heather outing Sonja's issues, even going back to the toaster oven insanity.  But why is Dorinda up in Heather's grill? Since I love Heather so much, it's making me dislike Dorinda that she's coming down so hard on her.   It even came up this past week in Heather's twitter feed.  Someone tweeted to Dorinda asking why she was so nasty to Heather on her feed, and Heather responded along the lines of "yeah, please tell me, I thought we got along."  

I'm really interested to see how this plays out.

I have been trying to figure out the Dorinda/Heather thing as well. Even though they grew up in the same area, I didn't get the impression that they knew each other before the show. In the attached article, she makes it seem like they did know each other and were friendly, but for whatever reason didn't gel so well on the show.This from the article:

"The one that I was surprised about, at least a little bit: Heather [Thomson] and I knew each other in Great Barrington [Massachusetts] – we’re neighbors in Great Barrington, and we sort of had to adjust our friendship a little bit being city friends. We were fine, but it was interesting. We didn’t have the same sort of back and forth like we do when we’re in the country and we’re in our, you know, our sweats and we’re with the kids and we’re cooking. I don’t think I have any real foes this time…. But you know it’s eight girls! Listen, think about a real situation you’re in, from an emergency room to the Real Housewives of New York, you put eight girls together, there are going to be girl fights. It’s inevitable.”

http://okmagazine.com/get-scoop/real-housewives-of-new-york-season-7-feuds-dorinda-medley-rhony-bethenny/

Edited by motorcitymom65

I have been trying to figure out the Dorinda/Heather thing as well. Even though they grew up in the same area, I didn't get the impression that they knew each other before the show. In the attached article, she makes it seem like they did know each other and were friendly, but for whatever reason didn't gel so well on the show.This from the article:

"The one that I was surprised about, at least a little bit: Heather [Thomson] and I knew each other in Great Barrington [Massachusetts] – we’re neighbors in Great Barrington, and we sort of had to adjust our friendship a little bit being city friends. We were fine, but it was interesting. We didn’t have the same sort of back and forth like we do when we’re in the country and we’re in our, you know, our sweats and we’re with the kids and we’re cooking. I don’t think I have any real foes this time…. But you know it’s eight girls! Listen, think about a real situation you’re in, from an emergency room to the Real Housewives of New York, you put eight girls together, there are going to be girl fights. It’s inevitable.”

http://okmagazine.com/get-scoop/real-housewives-of-new-york-season-7-feuds-dorinda-medley-rhony-bethenny/

Is it possible that later on in the season, things between Heather and Dorinda get better but what we are seeing now is the adjustment period and she, Dorinda, is sticking to the shows timeline in her blogs and twitter? Newbies tend to stick to the episode on social media and in their blogs.

• Love 1

I do feel terribly bad for Ramona, that Mario really played a number on her and her self esteem and for that she has my 100% sympathy.

With that being said I am going to need for Ramona to dial back the "first time without Mario" crapola. First time I come to a party without Mario, first birthday without Mario, first trip without Mario, ENOUGH.

Maybe because I always saw Ramona as such a strong person I expected better from her. I wanted to see her deal with this with dignity and her head heald up high. I hate that she is giving that douche bag Mario reasons every episode to feed his gargantuan ego by letting him know how much this has broken her spirit. Even if you are hurting Ramona, do not let that pathetic jerk know about it. he is the jerk who cheated on you and he deserves to  be out of your life for good. Turn the page and focus on your single self. Mario will get his.  Please, please, please stop with this grieving time on camera. Be strong and show him that you are better off without him

I get what you are saying and yet I think it's necessary for Ramona's redemption in a sense and it also shows the pain of divorce and betrayal.  After all, last season she thought Mario's shittastic serenade "Effortless" was a love song sang for her.  And all of these "firsts" can be very painful "firsts" and necessary towards healing.

On a different note, I hope that LuAnn doesn't listen to the overgrown teenager about hair extensions.  LuAnn looks gorgeous as is.

• Love 2

On a different note, I hope that LuAnn doesn't listen to the overgrown teenager about hair extensions.  LuAnn looks gorgeous as is.

LuAnn is no doubt a lovely looking woman, but she could stand to update that Charlie's Angels 70's do. IMO of course.

• Love 1

OMG Sonja's blog! It's just too good!

She says....

To be clear, the intern did not let Heather and the girls in the HEATED foyer.  Key word, Heated. I laughed out loud. Yeah right Sonja. Remember when there was no hot water in the house????

The reason it was cold was because everyone was running in and out. I could feel the draft upstairs!

-Drafty upstairs!!! Quelle Horreure !!! How do you think it felt standing outside in the rain, Sonja? Let them eat cake!

. They all had black town cars to get to the white stretch limo in front of my house. You can clearly see the black car in front of my house.

I don't even understand this? The black town cars were there, but the limo was late right? Were the ladies to pay their drivers to wait? How does NYC feel about double parked town cars for an hour in the rain in a construction zone? Later in the blog Sonja says SHE sent for the girls in town cars. OK SHE did? Not BRAVO? hahahahahaha Smoky Eye! Updo! Gstaad!  Did she send the town cars to Gstaad to pick up the girls after their updo and smoky eye?

This gem: hahahaa Interns are here to learn, they are not employees or domestics. I have to be with the interns when they observe or participate in any entertaining at home. I wonder if Sonja has to be present when they are picking up dogshit off the threadbare carpets?

When they came into the foyer, a cup of tea was spilled all over the marble mosaic floor and on the antique table all while calling me a bitch. I had to lift the glass and wipe it clean so it didn’t get trapped and destroy the piece! I had to put the glass to the side to be sure the mahogany table dried completely before putting the glass back on (which is dangerous while out on the floor). So something from Ikea got a spill. Who was carrying tea in the ep?

I still vacation to Gstaad yearly in my updo and smoky eye. LOL! Even the Learning Annex asked me to come in and demonstrate. Whaddya wanna bet Sonja's passport has ZERO stamps to/from Gstaad in the past 3 years.... Quick someone google the Learning Annex schedule to see when that demo took place...

re: partying.....   What happens in Atlantic City stays in Atlantic City, they say. I should have known better than to let my walls down around them. Ummm it stays in AC except when it is being filmed for Bravo you loon!!!! Then not only does it not stay in AC---- it's nationwide. Yuh, don't let your walls down around the girls, OR THE TONS OF VIEWERS!

Why she dates younger men....   I feel that I can contribute as an equal partner emotionally and can stand on my own two feet financially. I just didn’t feel that I could do that a year ago. Hence, the younger men.

Not a shocker, there is no mention of Dorinda having to put her to bed.

It's just too good, there's so so much more. Dellluuuuuusional!

I know the whole thing is a hoot. My favorite part is when she writes or should I say dictates to the interns? ( I'm paraphrasing)

They did not say Lady Morgan to Heather. They (the interns) do not use it outside of #teamSonja. That would be absurd.

Yes Sonja, that's what would be absurd. She really is delusional.

• Love 3

LuAnn is no doubt a lovely looking woman, but she could stand to update that Charlie's Angels 70's do. IMO of course.

Sure, but I think long extensions would look silly on her.  Some women don't look good with mermaid hair.  062911_luann_de_lesseps_6001106291300521

• Love 4

Who was the genius who yelled, "We're in Vegas!"?

Most people get more honest when they drink.  Sonja just gets more deluded.  It's really starting to look like a mental illness. 

I don't care how tongue-in-cheek it is, bragging about your "amazing body at fifty", and how you wasted it on journalism instead of the stripper pole, is not a good look.

Carole paid for a pro to do her makeup before dinner?

Is "snatch guard" a thing?  Maybe I party with the wrong crowd.

Amen to all of this.

I feel like Sonja really is in the midst of a very real mental breakdown.  

And I used to love Carole, but she also falls into the deluded category.  Great to be confident, but she could tone down her self-congratulatory comments on her looks.  It's coming off as insecurity more than anything else to me.  LuAnn is a gorgeous woman.  To tell her what she needs to do to improve her appearance?  By getting extensions?  

• Love 4

There is nothing that I have ever seen in these ladies that would lead me to believe they wouldn't have understood and supported Sonja if she would have acted like an actual person. If she would have said "hey, I cannot let the cameras in right now (insert whatever stupid reason she had) and I need to ask you a favor. I know it is so cold and raining and this is rude, but can you please just wait in the Starbucks down the road while I sort all of this out?

This! On re-watch, one of her excuses was "so-and-so can't be here when my daughter gets home at 3 p.m." So, yeah, her daughter was not there. I got nothin'.

On Carole, her only comment about herself was the TH joking about stripping. The other stuff, like saying Connecticut to LuAnn ... my friends and I rip on each other a million times harder than that, so it wouldn't qualify as a dig in my world. But that's exactly why YMMV and all that.

I had to laugh when Ramona and Sonja we getting out of the elevator going to "Da Club" and the elevator door starting closing on them.

Have you ever seen AbFab? That was such a Patsy and Edina moment!

• Love 5

Sure, but I think long extensions would look silly on her.  Some women don't look good with mermaid hair.  062911_luann_de_lesseps_6001106291300521

I believe Carole's suggestion was more of a shoulder length bob. I will take anything that gets rid of the feathering.

(edited)

She looks totally different to me. The cheeks have been done, the lips have been done. Her forehead is un-furrowed. Your lips thin as you age they don't get fuller.

No question. In older pics, her lips were much thinner so her overbite was much more evident. The cheeks have been pumped with what looks like poorly shaped clay. I have no problem with women getting tweaked (and some of them have had really good work), but she is still homely to me.

Edited by kitten59
  • Love 3

Sonja's version:

I won’t tell you the disasters that can occur in a home like mine in 15 minutes. Just imagine French doors, pond in backyard, front doors to street, garbage disposals, elevators, electric gates, two poodles, the cat, and a myriad of other accidents waiting to happen without me with the interns, who are trying to help out and learn."

The truth:  the glass in the French doors is broken and they are barely hanging from one last hinge each, the pond in the backyard is filled with poop from her two poodles and the cat, the garbage disposal isn't working and the kitchen is overflowing with dirty dishes and smelly garbage, the elevator is out of control slamming against the ceiling upstairs, and the electric gate had already electrocuted two interns that morning  ... and if anyone opened the front door to the street the Bravo cameraman might have slipped in and taken a picture of what was happening and Sonja can't have that !!! 

• Love 10

I think that is fantastic! A woman in her 50s who is proud of her body and thinks it's amazing should be applauded, not mocked. I think its a great thing when a woman of any age is proud of her body.

I loved the bunny ears and titty shirt. I think people should dress however the hell they want.

It bothers me that a confident woman who is proud of her appearance isn't celebrated.

Go Carole! You keep doing what you want and don't give a shit what anybody thinks.

Being body confident is great.  But when you make snide remarks about the body of your castmates and then try to restyle them, you look more like someone with an overinflated ego and it's not a good look.

I believe Carole's suggestion was more of a shoulder length bob. I will take anything that gets rid of the feathering.

I guess I took extensions to mean "long" since LuAnn's hair is already shoulder length and all she would really need to do is grow out the layers.  Can't people actually do that without resorting to putting your hair and scalp through hell?

• Love 1

Heaven forbid there be a middle aged woman who isn't criticizing her body.  And should she actually say she likes her body?!  OMG detain her and cart her un-fabulous ass off to Humility School tout de suite!

Because being humble is a more admirable trait?  

• Love 3
(edited)

Carole actually does seem to be comfortable in her own skin, as evidenced by the fact that -- again, unlike the others you named -- she hasn't felt the need to alter her face or body with surgery or injections, nor does she walk around with inches of makeup on her face, overdone hair and nails, and dripping with bling.  

Surely you jest.  Her face is full of fillers.  She's a century year old and has no lines on her face and plumped up cheeks.  So much filler that her eyes are sinking.  I think she looks great, but she's altering her face.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6
I mentioned in another post that skinny girl products were displayed in Ramona's room in Atlantic city. So Bethenny arranged that or Bravo did it for Beth?

From the limo to the hotel, there is just too much Skinny Girl . Either Jim Beam needs to pay Bravo for product placement or they need to start blurring it out.

As for Sonja, I wish we could blame it on drinking and pills, but wow, she's just as delusional in the mornings, the blogs, and her THs.

I hate myself for asking, but was she "going commando" in the club? I'm scared to look too closely.

I remembered another funny Sonja moment. After she started crying at dinner, Beth was apologizing and saying, "What do you want, an arm? Do you want me to give you my arm?" And Sonja says, totally deadpan, "No because I'm an artist." 

• Love 3
(edited)

If we all turned our judging gaze away from any of the Housewives and back toward ourselves, I'd wager this forum wouldn't have made it to it's second birthday. (Happy Birthday, PreviouslyTV. ) 

Participating in these forums, even watching these shows is denigrating to women. But doing so is my choice.  So I'll exercise my rights when it's time to change my thinking and my channel.  But thanks.

Amen.

When did bragging about your looks suddenly become a fabulous trait? It's not cute when you are 20 and it's not cute when you're 50.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
Surely you jest.  Her face is full of fillers.  She's a century year old and has no lines on her face and plumped up cheeks.  So much filler that her eyes are sinking.  I think she looks great, but she's altering her face.

I don't know what being "a century year old" means, but, again, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Carol is embarrassing herself. She needs to get that she's not twenty anymore and the Coquette routine is pathetic. Act your age, Toots. This one doesn't suit you. Only kids can pull off acting like idiots because, well, they're kids. As someone who's almost your age, you're acting ridiculous.

Sonja is out of control. She's way more scary than Kelly was on Scary Island. Kelly was rude and angry and strange. Sonja started melting down years ago and now she's almost gone. I don't know if anyone can pull her back from the ledge. She's dancing too fast. It's sad as she seems like a sweet woman who is really lost.

Luann is being fine, IMO, and is just pissed and being bitchy. No big deal and she seemed to be okay on WWHL to me. I would hate on Carol, too, if my niece was hurt. It's admirable to protect her feelings. Carol's being a twit. I also want to scratch out the eyes of anyone who makes my nieces cry. I get it.

Bethenny was less hateful and tried with Sonja. I'll give her that. First time all season I didn't hate her. I still would like her to go away. I just don't want her to disappear off the face of the Earth at this moment.

• Love 7

I don't know what being "a century year old" means, but, again, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

You're right.  I meant 1/2 a century old.

And I'm going to get off this topic because it is bringing out the worst in me.  Yes, we'll agree to disagree.  Sorry for my last comment.

Getting off the Carole topic here, but when I watched the limo argument and listened to the yellow, I was thinking about how I would've had a panic attack coming on...I wouldn't be able to take the yelling in such closed quarters.

• Love 1
(edited)

I didn't see one Skinny Girl placement. I must be immune to it. LOL

Isn't a century a hundred years???

Yes it is! I goofed.  I meant half a century year old.  I didn't mean that as ageist knock either because I'm quickly approaching that myself.

I think she looks great.  Much fresher than she looked in past years.  I just quibble that she hasn't had any work done.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5

Sometimes I wonder if Sonja wasn't always a little cuckoo and that's why her ex won't so much as look at her. I've also read that he asked newspapers and websites to take down any pictures of him and Sonja together, sort of implies that his time with her was not pleasant and does not hold good memories. And she is always saying that he was her best friend, but I think that is her imagination as well. He does not seem to have had much of any relationship with her, and she was sort of his PR person that he married, as she entertained (and probably slept) with many of his friends on their entertainment cruises. I sort of think the Sonja we see now is the exact person that he married, and he got bored or annoyed financing her partying and tolerating her self-created titles and pretending that she was important to her face. Let's face it, the woman is not a business person though she wants everyone to think she is. That said, I think Sonja is a bit of a snob. The way she was going on about all the famous people she has partied with sort of implies that she doesn't find her current friends that impressive. She is always reminding people who she is. It's like a girlfriend I have who mentions she went to Penn State in front of everyone to remind people she is smart. It's obvious she wants people to know she is better than them. But the thing is, she ISN'T better than them, she is just insecure to admit who she really is. 

My personal opinion is that Sonja misses the lifestyle afforded to her from her wealthy, much older ex-husband but she wants the world to believe that she really loved him.  She seems to miss the glamour that came with being able to travel in those circles and I also think she's hoping by her references to him being "her best friend" will somehow convince him to give her a better divorce settlement to pay her bills.

• Love 2

I just read Sonja's blog. I have to say that without meeting a single one of these women I would have no problem leaving any of them "unattended" on the first floor of my house while I'm upstairs. Except, of course for Sonja. I don't think any of them would steal from me, leave the dog out of the house, go thru my stuff or wrestle each other and break the furniture. You do have to go down 3 steps to the bathroom so Bethenny might pee in a vase or somewhere but other than that, I don't think any of them needs an attendant.

• Love 18

Was it last season Sonja had the use of a Hampton's home and entertained the housewives......and the interns served them?

The interns are young and from good families according to Sonja yet they can't be left alone....even when she goes to AC or Gstaad?

............Guess I just broke my new personal rule about discussing Sonja........

• Love 2

Yes it is! I goofed.  I meant half a century year old.  I didn't mean that as ageist knock either because I'm quickly approaching that myself.

I think she looks great.  Much fresher than she looked in past years.  I just quibble that she hasn't had any work done.

Oh yeah, she's had work done, but I think she looks fresher.

I just rewatched the beginning sequence. I have to say, Kristen was pissed at Sonja too. Sonja would not shut up and listen. She is a horrible, mean person.

• Love 2

Was it last season Sonja had the use of a Hampton's home and entertained the housewives......and the interns served them?

The interns are young and from good families according to Sonja yet they can't be left alone....even when she goes to AC or Gstaad?

............Guess I just broke my new personal rule about discussing Sonja........

Maggie, I think I got something to say to you......they weren't serving them, they were "learning" how to entertain.

I just love your name, by the way.

• Love 6

My personal opinion is that Sonja misses the lifestyle afforded to her from her wealthy, much older ex-husband but she wants the world to believe that she really loved him.  She seems to miss the glamour that came with being able to travel in those circles and I also think she's hoping by her references to him being "her best friend" will somehow convince him to give her a better divorce settlement to pay her bills.

This is exactly what I think is the key to Sonja: she will go to her grave wanting to force the rest of the world to pretend that her marriage was a love match, of course it was all about love and not about money!   At some point she knew the truth, and I think she still does, but because of pride, she has to try and force other people to go along with her lie.  She will never admit, never, ever, ever, that she pursued Morgan to try and set herself up into financial ease and not because she loved him in the way we can assume Heather loved Jonathan or Ramona loved Mario when they married.  Never.  Because there's the sideline lie of her having been a 'businesswoman' and not a hostess allegedly flirting with and even fucking the married clientele at the restaurant where she hostessed.

• Love 4
(edited)

Have we already discussed this little nugget from Sonja's blog:

"I am building a fashion lifestyle brand from scratch. I am self-made. No one has ever handed me anything."

Huh?

Edited because nuggle and nugget are different.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 9

Thanks motorcitymom, lol!  Actually my cat's name, and yes from the song and unfortunately Cat of A Hot Tin Roof.....she is a rescue from a hard life. Such a sweetheart. 

BOT....that's it - the interns are not from good families.....probably raised by wolves. And needed to learn to entertain but alas failed. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Heather was not mad at Bethenny being late, she was upset that Sonja did not tell them she, Bethenny, was going to be late nor did she give them a heads up the night before when she was told.

Bethenny asked Heather to use her stylist and Heather said Yes and allowed Bethenny to have her hair done first. If Bethenny was so worried about getting to dinner on time, maybe she should have done her own hair instead of asking for Heather's stylist and then been gracious when it took Heather longer to get ready instead of throwing a dig at her in front of everyone! LOL 

I don't think Bethenny actually gave a crap that Heather was late and she brought it up to illustrate that its not that big a deal. They then cut to the dinner table where B states something to the effect that she was late, Heather was late (paraphrasing) but who cares. Lets take the chopstick out of our asses...

I don't think anyone cared all that much about B's lateness, she apologized and it was Heather's voice that said "good enough" or whatever it is she said in the limo.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 5
(edited)

Wait a minute. Is Dorinda also using "girls"?

Jeez the passive aggression here. I personally think the context was different but feel free to hate on Dorito too.

Heather mentioned in her blog that Bethenny borrowed her hair stylist and B's hair looked really good at that dinner. She should use that stylist more

Edited by racked
  • Love 3

No, I don't think the context is different. They all refer to each other and themselves as girls. Carole is not unique in that, though she's being called out for it as though it's the worst thing ever. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Jeez the passive aggression here. I personally think the context was different but feel free to hate on Dorito too.

It might be passive aggressive. I'm not sure, but it is interesting. Lu and Sonja also refer to everyone as "girls", just as Dorinda does. I have been wondering about this for weeks because it seems to get assigned to Carole more than the others for some reason. I know there are other issues that folks have with Carole, but this gets mentioned again and again. With my friends, we call ourselves "girls" as well. Which girls are coming to Bunco, do any of the girls want to go to have a drink on Friday, think God it's just the girls tonight. Since I am not far from Carole's age, I was starting to wonder if we had been doing it all wrong and were being mocked for thinking we are younger than we really are. Maybe we should just start saying "Golden Girls" and all would be forgiven. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 12
(edited)

No, I don't think the context is different. They all refer to each other and themselves as girls. Carole is not unique in that, though she's being called out for it as though it's the worst thing ever.

No one said it's the worst thing ever. It was annoying just like a lot of things she does, especially in the context of what she was discussing, because it seemed very much like she was trying to make herself seem youthful and carefree, which is her overall annoying schtick. I get that some people won't ever think anything she does is annoying in the same way as I do and that's fine, it doesn't bother me one bit that she has fans. But we are allowed to mock the toothy princess too. Hell I still like Jill Zarin but I don't expect people to not make fun of the ridiculous things she says, if anyone other than me still actually followed her.

Maybe we should just start saying "Golden Girls" and all would be forgiven.

Yes, Dorothy Zbornak specifically. Don't worry I already know Carole is Blanche.

ETA: I adore the Golden Girls so that wasn't snark.

Edited by racked
  • Love 6

I have a tight group of women that have gotten together for 49, 45 and 26 years....I'll refer to them as "the girls." The rest of my friends I refer to as my friends, or my college friends that see each other as the "college gals."

I'm 68 and would never have referred to myself as a girl after 20, 21. 

• Love 1

Bethenny had to pee. I and everybody I know has done that at one point or another. What else was she supposed to do? It didn't look like there were any bathrooms around.

I'm not sure if you're a male or female scoobie, but after child birth a lot of women have a hard time holding it.

It was the side of the freeway and it was raining. I didn't see the big deal.

Its just pee. I don't think there's anything gross or "ick" about pee.

I agree with ScoobieDoobs.  If she had to pee, fine.  But why did we have to see it?  She could have very easily let production know that she had to pee and please turn the cameras off while she did it.  I think they would have obliged.  Some things we just don't need to see and someone peeing at the side of the road is one of them in my opinion.  If others are entertained by it, that's okay, but I for one am not!

• Love 3
Yes, Dorothy Zbornak specifically. Don't worry I already know Carole is Blanche.

C'mon, Sonja is Blanche. Bethenny is Sophia. Dorinda is Dorothy and Kristen is Rose.

I could swear I stopped following Sonja on FB but lo, I still get her in my FB feed. She’s gotten a LOT of blowback on her “here’s the link to my blog this week!” post. Usually most people are kind to Sonja, with a small handful of people telling her to get a clue. This week, though, the posts are practically unanimous about her rudeness, her delusion, her drinking, her ability to form coherent thoughts. Reading through the comments, I really wondered (not for the first time) how someone would choose to put themselves under this kind of a microscope.

No one has ever handed me anything

Oy vey, this woman. Less yammering, more do.

• Love 7

Since I am not far from Carole's age, I was starting to wonder if we had been doing it all wrong and were being mocked for thinking we are younger than we really are.

You're not doing it wrong.  Most women use the word 'girl(s)' that way.  But if you and your girlfriends start talking about cute boyz and what happens when boys and girls get together - like hickeys!... that's when I gotta give you the side eye.  I think Brandi and Carole are the only ones who talk like this. Maybe Jo - the one from the OC who was engaged to Slade did.  And Kelly. 

C'mon, is there anyone here who is truly annoyed by a woman using 'girl' in the way you and your friends, or me and my friends use it?  Or is it only annoying when it's used the way that Brandi, Jo, Kelly and now Carole uses it.  They're trying to be cute and girlish and it's just not. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I agree with ScoobieDoobs. If she had to pee, fine. But why did we have to see it? She could have very easily let production know that she had to pee and please turn the cameras off while she did it. I think they would have obliged. Some things we just don't need to see and someone peeing at the side of the road is one of them in my opinion. If others are entertained by it, that's okay, but I for one am not!

In her blog Beth also said that Ramona was lying when she said she didn't pee as well. Apparently Beth both heard and saw the evidence of this. She said that perhaps Ramona just didn't want to admit to it. I'm sure Ramona loved her telling us this.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

I think Luann's 'cut' looks great on her.  I think it was the season before last that she grew out her hair and it didn't look nearly as good as it does shorter.  I also wouldn't call it a seventies do.  Who on Charlie's Angels even wore their hair like that?  They all had longer hair than Luann. 

• Love 12

Satan Andy is a correct name for Andy. The promotion of Sophia is very serious. I am shocked and I can't imagine her daughter and OMM aren't worried or think this is all a joke or just for our entertainment. But Andy gets a kick out of it and big $$$.

• Love 1

Let's be real about why the ladies weren't invited in to Sonja's house that morning. Sonja's house was probably a total disgusting disaster, she doesn't have help that cleans and it gets filthy. She has got crap for her messy/ dirty house in past seasons (I remember Kelly saying that the toilet bowl was gross). The place is probably gross, dirty, and falling apart, and Sonja doesn't want the ladies to see that. She would rather them be pissed at her for being inconsiderate than giving her crap about her being unable to keep up her house. That's really the only plausible reason for Sonja to not want them to come in. I've had people wait for me outside when my place has been a disaster too and they were early. But anyway.

Carole has had some good work done. She looks better this season. But plastic surgery doesn't make ugly people pretty or old people young. It usually just makes people look BETTER. And Carole, though still unique looking, looks better. She also has never had kids so her body is going to be more youthful looking (though she has probably had about 50 abortions, snark). Women that don't have children have different bodies than those with kids imo.

Maybe I'm crazy but Sonja doesn't seem to be doing anything too far out--> yes she is lying constantly to save face, but I think she knows very well she is lying, she's not delusional. She's just standing on her own now, and she doesn't have the lavish background anymore to make the crap she says sound believable. 

• Love 4

Yes, the shame of it all! And she is counting herself in that group of 8, so I guess she is referring to herself as a "girl". I guess she doesn't realize how old she is.

It might be a generational thing.  Some of the boomers I work with refer to any woman of any age as a girl. I had an old boss call me 'girl' once on a phone to a client (as in "my girl will get that to you") - that stopped after I asked him if his daughter was coming in to perform that task.

• Love 6
(edited)

Okay, so how was Sonja able to convince Morgan to marry her? She's vulgar, she farts unapologetically, she flashes her cooch everywhere.

Am I remembering wrong? Did Kelly once do the "Psycho" shower stabbing reference with regard to Beth? The same one Beth used with regard to Sonja?

Beth shouldn't have complained about Carole's "dig", because Beth does both to-your-face digs and side digs.

I do wonder why Sonja wouldn't at least let them leave their luggage in the foyer.

Weird that Sonja writes in her blog that someone spilled tea. Which makes me think it was either Sonja herself or Ramona.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 5

I'd love to know what her relationship is like with her daughter. I just can't picture her as a mother. I hope there are a team of nannies in the wings.

Sadly, I can picture drunk Sonja being lovingly poured into bed by her daughter.  Sonja needs to have more consideration for her daughter.  Nobody wants to see their mother act the way Sonja does on camera.  smdh

• Love 8

C'mon, Sonja is Blanche. Bethenny is Sophia. Dorinda is Dorothy and Kristen is Rose.

I could swear I stopped following Sonja on FB but lo, I still get her in my FB feed. She’s gotten a LOT of blowback on her “here’s the link to my blog this week!” post. Usually most people are kind to Sonja, with a small handful of people telling her to get a clue. This week, though, the posts are practically unanimous about her rudeness, her delusion, her drinking, her ability to form coherent thoughts. Reading through the comments, I really wondered (not for the first time) how someone would choose to put themselves under this kind of a microscope.

Oy vey, this woman. Less yammering, more do.

Sonja/interns post on Bravo's NY HW  FB page and have for several years. Of course, as soon as someone says something she does not want to hear, poof, they are gone until the next episode airs. LOL

• Love 1