Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

(edited)

It creeps me out anytime he posts about the baby because of how fixated he seems to be by the fact that it's a boy. That tweet was worded weirdly. It would have come across better if he had said "I'm on baby watch.  Baby L.J. will be here sometime this week. After 43 years I'm finally going to have my first child." or something like that. 

I'm pretty sure he knows the sex of the baby and have for quite a while. What is wrong with him calling his child his son?? My mom does it all the time... she doesn't call me "my second child"

I get it, you ladies don't like Sal.... you don't like that you see him as a gold digger (even though he probably has his own money).... you don't like that he wants the child who he is the biological father of..... you don't seem to like that he uses social media to be excited about his son...... Although I don't really understand the reasons why you don't like this I get that you don't

I just don't understand it..... women talk about their kids all the time..... women are on national TV announcing that they are pregnant like it is some kind of accomplishment and people cheer.... but have a man be excited about his new son and the criticism starts..... I just don't get it

*the term YOU was not directed to any person.... just the generic you... thank you for allowing my rant...... back to the regularly scheduled snark.

Edited by RogerFromOhio

I can only speak for myself, but it's Sal's fixation on having a son I find so off putting.  Sherri repeatedly said from the time she first brought up having a child with him Sal wanted a SON.

Sal can be happy he is having a baby.  He can celebrate that.  But when he is suing to have Sherri be excluded from that child's life but is asking she financially support that child (and in effect Sal too) that is just wrong.  What is his justification for not wanting Sherri to assume the mother role?  Has he offered up any evidence of why she shouldn't be a part of that baby's life? 

I can only judge Sal on what I've seen and heard on all the various social media outlets he chooses to post his life on.  And of course I now have all the legal maneuvers to form the opinion that Lamar Sally is nothing but a pathetic lazy gold-digging piece of shit.  And since this forum is about a show called the View I think I am more than entitled to have my View. 

• Love 7

Also, for someone who didn't want specifics about when the baby would be born and etc. to be shared even going as far as to try and have a gag order issued he sure is doing his share of sharing.

• Love 5

Even then I was floored that it didn't matter to her that since marrying her Sal did have a son.  Her son, Jeffrey.

Right after Sherri got engaged, she went on and on about how much Sal loved Jeffrey. She told the story that Jeffrey wanted Sal and only Sal to take him to church.

I can just imagine Jeffrey wanting Sal to play ball with him and big Sal laying in the recliner saying "later, Jeffrey, later".

• Love 3

WTF???    I just started watching today's The View on DVR.  Sherri pontificates that Justin Bieber...in a club somewhere ('net says Ibiza)...said to Orlando Bloom, "What's up, bitch?"   She, of course, didn't say "allegedly" or that she read it or heard it somewhere, she just reports as if she had been there.  Then she gets all down and lowlife and says, "Now you know, when a man says 'What's up, bitch?' to you, you know he done bin' with yo' ex-wife."

Drag her off the panel, off the stage, and off my TV now!!!

P.S.  What message does some "crown" placed on someone's Twitter photo mean...JENNY???   Fill in all the dunces in your viewing audience.

• Love 6
(edited)

WTF???    I just started watching today's The View on DVR.  Sherri pontificates that Justin Bieber...in a club somewhere ('net says Ibiza)...said to Orlando Bloom, "What's up, bitch?"   She, of course, didn't say "allegedly" or that she read it or heard it somewhere, she just reports as if she had been there.  Then she gets all down and lowlife and says, "Now you know, when a man says 'What's up, bitch?' to you, you know he done bin' with yo' ex-wife."

So who exactly is Sherri's target audience again?  Her sisters in Christ?  Or is it the people who say "bin" "wit' and "yo"? 

And was she implying Miranda Kerr (Orlando Bloom's ex) had sex with Justin Beiber?

Since I can't actually stomach watching the View I only know from what I read here.  Has Sherri really gotten worse?  I know when I stopped watching almost a year ago she was pretty insufferable but from reading my fellow posters posts I'm guessing she has crossed over into get the fuck off my screen now territory.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 3
Then she gets all down and lowlife and says, "Now you know, when a man says 'What's up, bitch?' to you, you know he done bin' with yo' ex-wife."

I cannot STAND when Sherri does this.   She joked about Sunny whats-her-face, saying she's "from the hood"  and then her manner of speaking becomes "more Latina". Does Sherri realize that she does the same thing when she tries that urban-speak?  But  Sherri seems more fake, like she has two personas -  she the Christian Mom who thinks she's smart and can write books and interview the president.  Then she's the street, ghetto,  talking about "gettin wit a man"  and "done bin with yo woman", bugging her eyes, and flailing her hands around.

I think that's why she hasn't worked on this show - she's a character actor, and she's been successful at that.  But this is a show where she needs to be HERSELF, and she's never been able to figure out who that is.  

• Love 3
Has Sherri really gotten worse?

Susie@147, in one word: YES!   One long screeching ear-bleeding Y E S ! ! !    It's so funny, she decided that after seven years, God's plan was for her to leave the show.  No one asked her to go.  She wasn't fired.  She could have signed a new contract.  Yeah, Mrs. Sally, that's why you started misbehaving Big Time the moment Barbara Walters was out of the building.  More yelling, more bust-thrusting, more arm-waving, and much more ghetto-talk.

Did anyone notice Sherri's not-so-little smirk when Aubrey Plaza commented about being glad Parks & Recreation is ending before it goes downhill.  Sherri's grin made it appear that's what SHE is doing.  Ah, oblivion...such a great place to live.

• Love 5

I had to laugh tho' this am when Sherri was going on and on and got stuck on one phrase, holding her arms up and wagging them while repeating the same thing.

All of a sudden she stopped talking, lowered her arms, sat back , said 'OK' (or words to that effect) and shut up for quite a bit.  Producer intervention - for the good for a change!

RE: kids and guns, every responsible gun owner I know has found out VERY quickly that kids will ALWAYS find the guns/ammo, etc.  Every precaution is warranted when  kids are in the house.

• Love 5
(edited)

Just able to listen  half assed today since the screaming over each other is at an all time level, but I loved that Whoopi called out some people in this building as taking a lot of selfies.  Of course Sherri had to say Kim K's job was to take thousands of pictures of herself. Her job. Her fans want that. Mercy.

Regarding the video of the sports personality who was tenderly  assisting his poor girlfriend out of the elevator who had obviously fainted or maybe slammed her head into his fist causing her inconvenient lack of consciousness......perfect ....sitting two weeks on the bench.  Stop the world I want to get off. 

Way way finished with Sherri and her claws picking imaginary things out of the air while making her stupid damn points, enough already. For someone who has been in show business as long as Sherri has and finds it so awkward to speak to children's parents? Brother. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 9

Drag her off the panel, off the stage, and off my TV now!!!

Exactly, Former Nun.   And yes, susieq147, unbelievably worse. 

I'd planned on watching the train wreck until the end, but now I don't know.  Sherri walking out with shoulders obviously back with her udders pushed forward makes me nauseous.  (Yes, I named myself Catty for 2 reasons - haha.)  Her having a nervous breakdown would be the only way to explain her behavior to me.

I do not have one iota of a clue how she justifies her Christian self, which I'm starting to wonder about, and her horny, all-knowing ghetto one.  

I don't doubt her switch to mainstream Christianity or her sincerity of it all.  It doesn't seem to me that she was all that involved with being a Jehovah Witness, so I'm thinking she's more like a "new" Christian, and that is pretty much always an interesting journey in itself.  I wonder how she's thought of by the Christian side of her life.

I hope she gets something figured out and really, really hope she doesn't show up on anything I watch.  I'm probably good there. 

• Love 3

Hey folks, @Athena and I would like to address a few concerns we have with this thread.  We have been very lenient regarding the content posted here and we’d like to stay that way.  With that in mind, some folks are getting overly invested in what’s being said here, as well as, what’s being done by Sheri and her family. 

Please remember, it’s ok to talk about Sheri and her family.  It is not ok to talk about other members opinions in such a way that it promotes an us vs them mentality.

If you find yourself getting frustrated with a certain poster, please use the ignore function.  If you find yourself getting frustrated with the entire thread, please moderate yourselves and stay out of the thread for a little while until it stops causing frustration for you.

If you have questions or concerns, please PM me and include Athena in the conversation. 

As a side note, if/when you notice a post has disappeared the likelihood is that it has been reported and is under mod review.  Discussing a missing post in the thread is not the way to go.  If you have questions like that, you should PM me and include Athena in the conversation.

How many times did Sherri say blow job today? Why? Hoping to get it on air? Keeping someone busy bleeping it out? For myself, I didn't find it amusing. And then she asked a guest if sleeping with the director (or was it producer?) got her the part in the movie. Loved the answer though.

• Love 1
(edited)

I haven't seen any promos for Sherri's "final" show. I guess ABC isn't doing it so Sherri is :

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   10m   

I asked Jeffrey to make an appearance on my farewell show @TheViewtv ... he said "oh mommy will @carmeloanthony & @LaLa be there?" #boys !

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 4m 
My farewell show @TheViewtv airing Aug 11-my friends @Yolandalive @DonnieRadio & @KirkFranklin are stopping by-wonder if I can sign w them!

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 6m 
ThankU @BarbaraJWalters 4 letting me share my Christian faith for seven years...even though they bleeped out #Jesus you still let me say it!

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 8m 
Guess who agreed to co-host @TheViewtv w me for my farewell show (airing Aug 11)??? #woof #woof #woof #thedogpound @ArsenioHall #honored

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 9m 
My farewell show @TheViewtv airs August 11 ... make sure you watch!  I got some really good friends stopping by "That girl is Poison!" #BBD

When did this, "even though they bleeped out #Jesus you still let me say it!" happen though???

Edited by ginger90

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   28m   

Pre-taping my farewell show-2morrow get 2C @ArsenioHall @KirkFranklin @DonnieRadio @Yolandalive @MikeBiv @BigRonDeVoe & @MrRickyBell  #BBD

The pre-taping is probably to play it safe but it just makes it hokey, to me.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't decipher what she's saying, but no matter, because most of those names are unknown to me.

Guess the 11th isn't also Jenny's last day.  Sounds like Miss Shepherd isn't willing to share the spotlight even a teensy bit.

Edited by Lava VaVoom
  • Love 1
When did this, "even though they bleeped out #Jesus you still let me say it!" happen though???

I have the same question, Ginger90.  I'm sure she has said "Jesus" innumerable times in these seven years.  I remember recently she had a minor complaint about various people (celebrities? stars?) thanking "God," when she thinks they should be thanking Jesus.  I wonder if she has learned about The Trinity.

• Love 1

I remember recently she had a minor complaint about various people (celebrities? stars?) thanking "God," when she thinks they should be thanking Jesus.  I wonder if she has learned about The Trinity.

Sherri's "understanding" of anything including religion is very shallow IMNSHO :) :)

• Love 4

Better yet, read the article with the photo of David Duchovny about the movie Louder Than Words. Pictured are my dear cousin and her husband on who the movie is based.

I just read the backstory. My deepest condolences to your cousin and her spouse; it sounds like their daughter was an adorable little sprite and they have honored her memory so well. Also, Duchovney's a fine actor, but how cool that the exquisite Hope Davis is portraying your cousin!

• Love 2

I just read the backstory. My deepest condolences to your cousin and her spouse; it sounds like their daughter was an adorable little sprite and they have honored her memory so well. Also, Duchovney's a fine actor, but how cool that the exquisite Hope Davis is portraying your cousin!

Hope Davis gave a wonderful portrayal of Brenda. She spent a lot of time with Brenda prior to portraying her in the film and really captured my cousin's personality and spirit. (Sorry for going off topic folks and mods).

• Love 5

Gee, Sherri, is it possible that you'd like to appear on Orange Is The New Black?

No more being coy about it, just flat out asking now. Just keep repeating, it's almost over, it's almost over!

• Love 2

Anyone else notice that Sherri got shut down again today?  It happened quite early - Sherri looked a bit peeved but shut down as Whoopi jumped in to change the topic.

Or so it seemed to me - - production again?  Very weird to me at this late date that they are suddenly so controlling.

And another guest host from the fox  comedy news channel!  Don't they ever run out?  When she threw out that no congress has compromised, the majority party just passes whatever they want and then she challenged someone on the panel to name something that had been jointly worked on, I was waiting for someone to say, The Constitution, The Bill of Rights or perhaps The Declaration of Independence plus just about every piece of legislation ever passed - - that's what bipartisan committees are all about, plus each house getting bills and tweeking them and sending them back, etc.

She was very good until reciting the newest fox comedy news channel talking points.  Idiot!

• Love 6

It's Sherri's World!   Anything and everything she says comes "from the heart."  People "know my character."  She's a COMIC!  This means that when she calls someone a HO...it's not an insult--it's just a fun little jab between the girls.  Oh...unless it's on national television or one of her 30-seat comedy club routines.

Because we know her character, we also know she would never say anything offensive.

We all know which words aren't nice.  I use many of them myself and am ready for complaints. "Oh, did I tell the police your father might be a pedophile?  You know my sense of humor...and I did say 'might.'  Besides, they know I'm a comic and they know my heart.  No harm done."

• Love 7

What?  Seriously? I'm going to need some context for this.

Apparently Jessica Simpson (?) wants to lose more weight and get down to 93 pounds. So that was Sherri's bright statement.

Well, maybe someone should tell Sherri that some adult women do weigh 93 lbs.  I myself am 5'4" and weigh 95 lbs.  I'm not anorexic or anything like that. I just have a small frame and eat healthy and exercise. 

And maybe she meant Lexihercanecorso will weigh 93 lbs when she is three years old.

• Love 5

Well, maybe someone should tell Sherri that some adult women do weigh 93 lbs.  I myself am 5'4" and weigh 95 lbs.  I'm not anorexic or anything like that. I just have a small frame and eat healthy and exercise. 

I could really hate you, @susieq147 if I didn't love you already.  I'm 5'4" too, but weigh much more than that. BUT I'm not small framed. I've got...big bones, I think they call it. A lot of it's muscle, because I did a lot of walking when I lived in New York...went down two sizes, but my weight went up. When I had a hissy fit, my doctor told me that was because I'd converted the fat to muscle, and muscle is always heavier than fat.

• Love 2

As some of you may recall, I made the dubious decision to reply to sherri's fast food instagram pic on twitter, asking if she actually meant to insult fast food workers. That caused a bombardment of tweets from some of  her twitter followers (and none of them kind, even though i responded that my question was actually sincere), . Since then, i have a number of new Twitter "followers" that I don't know.

Additionally, a while back, I created a face book page "Sherri Shepherd and her tweets (and other idiocies)" which allowed us to talk about stuff, particularly the tweeting, freely. With most of us moving over to PVT, that page has been largely unnecessary and unvisited, since the moderators here are smart and normal and kind. HOWEVER, for about a week or more, I've been inundated with requests to join that page. At first, i was like "sure... why not". so I added a few people, but nobody posted so I got a little suspicious and stopped adding anyone, but the requests keep pouring in (well...3 or 4 a day). I am no conspiracy theorist, (ok, only about some things!) but I admit I got a bit creeped out by it . Anyway, just thought I would share this.

Edited by pachebo
  • Love 8

As a reminder, please do not post negative remarks about fans here or on other sites. We want to avoid flame wars. Secondly, TWOP is gone so let's not speak ill of the dead. 

• Love 5

Anyone else notice that Sherri got shut down again today?  It happened quite early - Sherri looked a bit peeved but shut down as Whoopi jumped in to change the topic.

Or so it seemed to me - - production again?  Very weird to me at this late date that they are suddenly so controlling.

And another guest host from the fox  comedy news channel!  Don't they ever run out?  When she threw out that no congress has compromised, the majority party just passes whatever they want and then she challenged someone on the panel to name something that had been jointly worked on, I was waiting for someone to say, The Constitution, The Bill of Rights or perhaps The Declaration of Independence plus just about every piece of legislation ever passed - - that's what bipartisan committees are all about, plus each house getting bills and tweeking them and sending them back, etc.

She was very good until reciting the newest fox comedy news channel talking points.  Idiot!

She knew absolutely nothing.....but that didn't stop her from talking as though she did.  She is a typical Fox Bot - young, blond, and ignorant.

• Love 2

Yikes....I've been on a trip for a week and just got back. Wowsa.

I'm somewhat speechless at Sherri's antics.

And yes, it is also Jenny's last day. Bet Sherri, Jenny and Donny won't be friends any longer.

As far as I am concerned BW has created another, and worse, tv "celebrity" than EH.

Can anyone imagine BW coming to the farewell party? LOL.

• Love 2

Wonder if the deal was that ABC found an idiot (FOX) to hire Lebits so she didn't get a farewell, but Sherri DEMANDED a farewell show & they gave in!! Much as I could not tolerate Lebits, she was with the show almost 3 years longer WHY is Sherri "deserving" of the special show???

• Love 2

Granted , I don't watch the show anymore except on rare occasions and keep up on it's happenings via this forum and the media, but I realized that despite how wacky sherrie acts ( she's a comedian you know) and how much personal info she spews on TV and on Twitter, she rarely mentions her 2 younger sisters or shares photos of them. Wonder if they are diabetic as well or are married. She's talked a bit about her nieces and nephews and shared a picture of one during their recent visit with her. Nice of her to invite them to her home and take a niece to work with her to see behind the scenes while she still had access to the network! The sisters must have asked her to be discrete and not share pics, wtx. Not so with Jenny's family.

Wonder if the deal was that ABC found an idiot (FOX) to hire Lebits so she didn't get a farewell, but Sherri DEMANDED a farewell show & they gave in!! Much as I could not tolerate Lebits, she was with the show almost 3 years longer WHY is Sherri "deserving" of the special show???

I think Geddie and Co. truly could not care less at this point - they are out the door right behind Sherri. 

But let's think about this; what would a Farewell Show for Bitsy have looked like?  Who would show up?  Tim probably and uh... nope Tim is all I got.  I can't think of anyone saying good things about Elisabeth Hasselbeck although at one time i think Hannity liked her and maybe O'Reilly?

Maybe they could have shown a montage of her best moments?  Oh wait, none of those are as funny as they are ridiculous and embarrassing.  They might show her most famous clip with the split scene but everyone's seen it and it was six years ago and she is acting like a rabid dog in it.  They couldn't really roll out a big cake - Elisabeth doesn't eat cake.   So, no funny clips, no fawning guests, and no cake is probably why Bitsy didn't have a special show.  Still, her leaving like that and not teasing us for months about it was the best gift she could have given me. 

I don't know what's planned for Sherri's show because I guess the same criteria could be applied but she's probably producing most of it, lol, so we'll see. Sherri can certainly gather up some pseudo celebrity friends, crack some jokes and eat a cake. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

I don't know what's planned for Sherri's show because I guess the same criteria could be applied but she's probably producing most of it, lol, so we'll see. Sherri can certainly gather up some pseudo celebrity friends, crack some jokes and eat a cake.

She seemed to have invited her own guests, mostly her gospel pals and maybe some of her comedian friends. Didn't she also have the gospel singers on for her birthday show? (The one where Sal wasn't even mentioned, our first inkling that something was very wrong?)

They were not my favorite performers so I'll be fast-forwarding through it. I hope in the future Jesus will not be making quite so many appearances on the show (and I don't mean "Whoopi-Jesus.")

• Love 2

She seemed to have invited her own guests, mostly her gospel pals and maybe some of her comedian friends. Didn't she also have the gospel singers on for her birthday show? (The one where Sal wasn't even mentioned, our first inkling that something was very wrong?)

They were not my favorite performers so I'll be fast-forwarding through it. I hope in the future Jesus will not be making quite so many appearances on the show (and I don't mean "Whoopi-Jesus.")

Ha!  I knew it.  Seems Sherri is producing her own Farewell show.  Well, at least she can come up with something.  I would love someone to present her with a flattened out globe in the shape of a rectangle, which wouldn't be a globe by definition but you guys know what I mean.   Also, a pic of Whoopi as Jesus. 

ETA:  Hey, look what I found: 

42810_Earth_square_world_globe.jpg

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11

Sherri's been tweeting about her last show, along with Instagram pics. I love the way she's still acting as if it was her decision to leave this show, (and huge paycheck), to move onto bigger and better things. That's such bullshit and everyone knows it. If anyone believes she would walk away from this steady paycheck, I have a bridge to sell them.

• Love 6