Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Atlanta Twirls On

• Start Topic

Yeah, why couldn't she stay at the old house???

Did they ever explain why they didn't go on a honeymoon right after the wedding?

I think Todd had an already scheduled work engagement.

It was the wedding special where Joyce made a point in letting Kandi know in front of his daughter that Riley is the only kid who count in her mind and also made a point in dismissing her altogether which had the girl in tears.  Then Joyce tried to backpeddle, when Riley called her out, saying she did nothing to hurt the girl.

Wow.. what a BITCH!

I definitely blocked out a few minutes of this show last night, cause I don't remember them taking Cynthia's pic down off the wall or Joyce's apology!  I must have had one of those quick naps where you don't realize you actual took a nap.  

That was around the time Peter announced his new money hole, err, business venture and Apollo's phone call. Like I said, Cynthia was acting like it was being destroyed when they cut the support cables holding it up. Oh yeah, Cynthia admitted that big retro afro in the picture was a wig.

• Love 1

I was so surprised, and I'm not sure why, that the photo of Cynthia was just a silkscreen.

I had imagined great labor involved in removing Big Cynthia from the wall.

Should have known that Peter wouldn't be caught dead doing any heavy lifting!

• Love 7

Selfish ass Apollo, he should not want his boys exposed to prison under any circumstance. There are no perfect parents but wanting better for your kids is always a mandatory characteristic of one IMO

I agree with you on this, he should be thinking of his children and not himself. If it were me and my kids, I'd be telling the guy "you chose to lie, cheat and steal.... you made your prison bed, now you're going to lie in it alone." A friend of mine did just that when her husband was caught dealing drugs. She divorced him and his little kids didn't go visit him in prison. They did re-establish a relationship with him once he got out and was living life on the straight and narrow again.

Todd isn't moving to L.A. He's producing a program (L.A. Divas or something like that) and it requires him to be out there for a couple of months. He has to oversee production and editing, etc. Kandi is making this all up for the show, I've seen too many photos of her on Delta Airlines in first class, jetting here and there, to think this is real.

And as others have pointed out, she was more than happy to leave Riley with her mom when she needed to be on the road with her play, or going on trips with the girls from the show.

Manufactured drama just isn't Kandi's forte. It's her mother's best act yet, however.

• Love 8

Kandi is making this all up for the show, I've seen too many photos of her on Delta Airlines in first class, jetting here and there, to think this is real.

I was about to say the same thing. I follow Kandi on IG, and she has a lot of pictures with Todd. They travel often and I think they are together far more than they are apart.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 4
It was the wedding special where Joyce made a point in letting Kandi know in front of his daughter that Riley is the only kid who count in her mind and also made a point in dismissing her altogether which had the girl in tears.  Then Joyce tried to backpeddle, when Riley called her out, saying she did nothing to hurt the girl.

Yeah, my vague recollection was that Kandi was standing there with Riley and Todd's daughter and Joyce and Kandi said something hokey and wedding appropriate about them all coming together as a family, and Joyce just coldly said that Todd's daughter wasn't anything to HER.  Right in front of the 14 year old (or however old she was at the time.)

It's not like the kid probably wanted anything to do with Joyce, either, but mother of God, that was vicious.   With the self consciousness of a young teen girl, on national television... it was appalling.  

• Love 6

Well, I hope that she is no Anna Mae, I suspect that it will be Phaedra's gig, however he can work in Atlanta and/or fly back and forth.

They just got married and they need to adjust but since she has a 12 years old, he needs to suck it up until,she is raised.

Why should the woman make all the concessions?????

His daughter is grown and most likely was raised until now by her mother.

Todd needs to have several seat, at the moment.

The notion that Todd must limit his employment to Atlanta when most of the higher paying gigs are in Los Angeles after being told if he wants some money he betta git his own is silly.

Riley has been left with Joyce or another family member when Kandi goes on tour, on BRAVO vacations etc so she can be left with Joyce/another family member on weekends/vacations if Kandi visits Todd in LA.

Only Todd has been asked to make concessions, which does not bode well for this marriage.

Little minded people like Joyce and people who think like her feel it is ok to insult a child you just met because you don't like their parent.

Likewise, Kandi needs to have several seats if she thinks marriage is all about Todd bending to her will, instead of them both bending to each other's will.

• Love 7

Well, I hope that she is no Anna Mae, I suspect that it will be Phaedra's gig, however he can work in Atlanta and/or fly back and forth.

They just got married and they need to adjust but since she has a 12 years old, he needs to suck it up until,she is raised.

Why should the woman make all the concessions?????

His daughter is grown and most likely was raised until now by her mother.

Todd needs to have several seat, at the moment.

Riley is not his child and if he and her mother break up per the pre-nup he will get nothing, zip, nada. He should not have to give up income, which he needs by the way to care for his own child, to the millionaire who is legally prepared to give him 30-days notice to vacate the home they share, in the event of a divorce. More important, he's not moving to LA permanently, it's like a 2-month gig and they can hop on a plane to see each each other on the weekends. As others have noted, she was going to leave Riley to tour in that stupid play, so she can make a few trips to LA.

Do you honestly expect him to turn down assignments for the next 6 years and be a broke joke like Apollo and Peter? 

• Love 7

Riley is not his child and if he and her mother break up per the pre-nup he will get nothing, zip, nada. He should not have to give up income, which he needs by the way to care for his own child, to the millionaire who is legally prepared to give him 30-days notice to vacate the home they share, in the event of a divorce. More important, he's not moving to LA permanently, it's like a 2-month gig and they can hop on a plane to see each each other on the weekends. As others have noted, she was going to leave Riley to tour in that stupid play, so she can make a few trips to LA.

Do you honestly expect him to turn down assignments for the next 6 years and be a broke joke like Apollo and Peter?

Wel, well , well.

I don't expect him to do anything however (on the show) Kandi does so and at this point of the marriage, he should thrive to please his wife.

He married her with all her baggage.

Yeah, my vague recollection was that Kandi was standing there with Riley and Todd's daughter and Joyce and Kandi said something hokey and wedding appropriate about them all coming together as a family, and Joyce just coldly said that Todd's daughter wasn't anything to HER.  Right in front of the 14 year old (or however old she was at the time.)

It's not like the kid probably wanted anything to do with Joyce, either, but mother of God, that was vicious.   With the self consciousness of a young teen girl, on national television... it was appalling.

His daughter is over 18.

At this point of this conversation, it is blatant that no one will bend.

We all have our biases.

I guess I am small minded, then.

• Love 1

At this point in the conversation, it might be a good time to remind everyone to be kind and respectful to your fellow posters. Snarky or snide comments ABOUT the show or about the people on it are fine. Comments of that nature directed toward others will not be allowed. Thank you! Happy posting!

• Love 1

Okay did I hear right? Did Kandi say that Joyce had been living down the block for weeks but yet her daughter Riley had never even been to her grandmom's new house until that very night? Doesn't that seem odd if true? I always got the impression that Joyce and Riley were incredibly close given that Riley was her only grandbaby by her only daughter Kandi. 

Joyce trying to pass off that meal as being cooked by her own two cloven hooves while her sisters side-eyed her was pretty damn hilarious.

The general vicinity of Peter's new business locations seemed a bit busted and iffy, but perhaps that is par for the course. I remember the same thing being said of Bar One's original locale.  When they were walking around a noticed a bridge in the distance and pondered that if Cynthia kept being so damn passive about Peter spending her money, she would be living under it with nothing but that picture of her in the afro wig to show for her life. 

I would rather Phaedra just flat out say she isn't taking her kids to see Apollo or just say she is freaking undecided than hem and haw with these whack ass excuses. Isn't she a criminal lawyer?  It just kinda sounds stupid coming out of her mouth wondering if they had changing tables.The answers to her questions are at her damn fingertips, so just stop.  It is not something that is hard to find out. I don't blame her for her feelings and would feel the same way. I don't think she needs to justify her hesitancy. Her kids needs and mental health trump Apollo's.  He made his decisions and look where it landed him.

• Love 2

Phaedra must be a fantastic lawyer because her argument against taking the kids to visit  Apollo is airtight.  Like she's never been in public before without access to a changing table.  Shit happens, sorry, you can change a kid's diaper anywhere.  I don't feel sorry for Apollo.  It was his choice to commit crimes and put the well being of children on the line like that.  And as Phaedra has said in the past, she doesn't want to normalize jail for her kids.

I always forget the new housewives name but damn she is pretty.

Edited by Morbs

That fruity party Kenya threw for the screening of her "project" !  UGH!  I guess she figured since her chances of wearing a wedding dress for real one day was kind of a long shot?  But seriously, having everyone get all gussied up, the whole balcony "Hi Ladies", the fruity drinks, that ridiculous CAKE.... UGH, just ugh.

And I noticed how Nene wouldn't let butter melt in her mouth coming out of the theater to see her "fans".....  Jeebus!  Could she have been more fakety fake? I think she's ready to roll on this show and thinks she's actually going to have a CAREER ON BROADWAY.

Really?

Phaedra is no longer divorcing so I guess she will bring the kids when she gets around it.

I agree with her that it is not a place for kids.

I think her real issue is that prison is not a place for HER.  I'm sure she thought she was far above all that and here she is, getting patted down like the hooker visiting her john.  

• Love 4

I think her real issue is that prison is not a place for HER.  I'm sure she thought she was far above all that and here she is, getting patted down like the hooker visiting her john.

Could be.

It gotta be humbling to find herself in this position.

• Love 1

Todd isn't moving to L.A. He's producing a program (L.A. Divas or something like that) and it requires him to be out there for a couple of months. He has to oversee production and editing, etc. Kandi is making this all up for the show, I've seen too many photos of her on Delta Airlines in first class, jetting here and there, to think this is real.

And as others have pointed out, she was more than happy to leave Riley with her mom when she needed to be on the road with her play, or going on trips with the girls from the show.

Manufactured drama just isn't Kandi's forte. It's her mother's best act yet, however.

I was going to say the same thing, but take it one step farther - I think they were angling for a spin-off. The Burress/Tucker clan out in LA. With everyone. They're a thirsty bunch. Did you catch Todd asking one of the aunts if she'd like to go out there to visit?

And what do you know - there's some sort of show called "Kandi's Ski Trip" on Bravo airing after the RHOA reunion.

• Love 3

See Kandi's thread for the latest. :)

I swear I had no idea until I saw the preview during last night's RHOA! Oh, man. I clicked on the trailer -- it's all of them!

And it looks awful. A lot of same old, same old. Pass!

• Love 2

Did they ever explain why they didn't go on a honeymoon right after the wedding?

Todd's show started shooting a couple of days after their wedding so there wasn't time. Though frankly, of all the issues in their marriage (and there are many), the fact that they didn't take a honeymoon right after the wedding isn't a big deal at all, IMO - I know a lot of couples who didn't, for various reasons. And it's not like they couldn't have gone later - they have flexible jobs and enough money to travel.

I think I lean on the side of Phaedra not taking her sons to see Apollo, at least not right this second. She has eight years to figure it out, and I completely agree that not wanting to normalize jail to her impressionable young black sons makes a ton of sense. I'm just not going to feel sorry for Apollo. Phaedra already said Apollo had Ayden in hysterics when he tried to explain where he was going.

• Love 6

I wonder, with the Detroit connection, if Kenya is trying to twirl her way to a lyric in Eminem's next single. She said Slim Shady like 7 times. She better not be trying to twirl into his heart because that's my man*. #backoffbitch

*Norman Reedus, Andrew Lincoln, and Jensen Ackles are also my men, among others.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5

Here is where Apollo is incarcerated:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Medical_Center,_Lexington

I wonder if he's there for mental health reasons? I don't remember him being sick.

I'm not certain but I think part of the deal he made was attending a drug and alcohol program that would lead to him getting good time upon it's completion (I'm not sure how that works but it means he gets out earlier). My guess is that Lexington has the best accommodations for that. Too bad less wealthy offenders with real substance abuse issues get stuck in poorly run AA/NA programs at the regular people jails instead of getting actual rehabilitation.

Sincerely Yours, to my understanding "Club Fed" is a bit of a myth in that there are no pools and tennis courts and stuff, but if he's in a minimum security unit they might be more accommodating for family visits. I'm not sure. Basically this whole post is potentially full of shit, lol.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

What does is it do to a young black man's psyche to visit his father in jail? No matter how nice the jail or how many other kids there are to play with, it has to get woven into their personality in some way. I'd love to see a study on that. That said, I think it's wrong to take those babies to visit their father in jail. 

What did Nene do to piss off her stylists? My god!! She looks terrible in her TH's. I'm very happy for her success. I've remained a fan because I admire her hustle. From a stripper pole to Broadway is pretty damn good for a girl from Athens. If she'd only adopt this humble, thankful demeanor it would be so much better for her image and the show.

I hope Kenya's pilot takes off because without Nene, she, Claudia and Cynthia don't have storylines.

I don't think Riley should be on the show anymore. She's a mean child and it won't serve her well to have her bitchface preserved forever.

• Love 11

What's worse is that Bravo is allowing it to happen. I don't want to hear any more about Apollo Nida. He's a convicted felon, a thief, and he has no place on my TV.

I really hope they have moved on next season.  I am not interested in watching him Skype from prison.

Well, we finally found the one career that Phaedra is not suited for: Baker!

But I did think it was very cute that she tried to make snowmen with the boys.

Those were snowman cookies? 

You'd think prisons would have face time or something activated so that parents could read a story to their small children once a week, and stay in scheduled communication with them on a regular basis without needing to drag them into the building, especially in federal prison, where people often serve time a good distance from home.  It wouldn't cost that much and I'm sure would go a long way to maintaining ties with family members who can't make the trip. 

I don't know that taxpayers would be willing to pay for this service since many people don't have it themselves.

Here is where Apollo is incarcerated:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Medical_Center,_Lexington

I wonder if he's there for mental health reasons? I don't remember him being sick.

He seems to have an impressive list of peers.  He will definitely come out a better trained felon with those other convicted embezzlers and drug traffickers in the mix.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 5

I think it's wrong to take those babies to visit their father in jail.

I agree..Phaedra has those kids,her kids,her sons, best interest at heart.

She is an  attorney, she sees the prison,know what kind of people are in the waiting rooms, the bathrooms  and she deals  with people in prison more that the average mother.

No one should come down on her for her decision to not expose HER children to prison.

Apollo called Peter to talk to Phaedra to convince her to bring her children to see him,since when has Peter being an influence on Phaedra? that was just an effort  to further humiliate and harass Phaedra. He know Phaedra is not going to be swayed by Peter to do anything, especially this.

He even had the balls to say his brother had been up to see him 4 times and Phaedra should send their sons with him.

Apollo, do you realize how dumb,stupid,selfish and downright criminal that sounds? Phaedra would send her babies on a 6 hour drive with your brother, who the kids have probably never seen, certainly spent any time with to a prison to see your  simple ass.

That shows  what an asshole he is and how much he really cares about the welfare of his sons.

He has only been in jail 6 weeks. He is still being classified, which means he could be moved to another prison with no more than a get your shit and lets go notice. 

Jails,prisons was designed to house criminals, it is designed to be as uncomfortable,as unappealing, as uninviting  as it can legally be.

It is not a playground, there are no baby sitters,no playground for kids,no place for kids to lie down.

Someone mentioned conjugal visits, conjugal visits are not a right, it is a privilege, with certain restrictions as to who get those visits.And you just don't walk in and say I want a conjugal visit.

Spouses,children,ministers all visitors are subjected to searches,will be searched.  Guards will not treat Apollo's sons any different than they treat the drug dealer's,the rapist's, the murderer's son.

There are no appointments, you show up at a certain time you wait in line,until there is a space for you, they only let a certain number of visitors in at a time.

You are searched, if another inmate acts up they will close down the facility, your 6 hour drive, wait in lines doesn't mean anything.

What type of person wants to put their babies through this?

No Father should want his babies to see him behind bars because he committed a crime,he broke the law to get there.

No Father, No Man, should want to see his sons in prison unless they are the warden,the doctor or even a guard.

I know this because my ex was a Deputy US Marshal, his job was to transport federal detainees/convicted criminals to prison, when he transported females, I often worked with him. I haven't been to all of the prisons across the Country, he has. but I've been to enough to know this is not the place you would want anyone you cared about to ever walk into.

• Love 14
Well, we finally found the one career that Phaedra is not suited for: Baker!

Those were snowman cookies?

Seriously, that blob that came out on the cookie sheet did not even look well done.  I guess the kids found it tasty because as Ayden demonstrated, they are used to eating cookie dough.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

Joyce trying to pass off that meal as being cooked by her own two cloven hooves while her sisters side-eyed her was pretty damn hilarious.

That was b/c Joyce tried to take credit for their cooking, right?

I wonder, with the Detroit connection, if Kenya is trying to twirl her way to a lyric in Eminem's next single. She said Slim Shady like 7 times.

I think Kenya said "Slim Shady" over a dozen(!) times was because she kept flubbing that one line.

Seriously, that blob that came out on the cookie sheet did not even look well done.  I guess the kids found it tasty because as Ayden demonstrated, they are used to eating cookie dough.

Apparently, Phaedra doesn't make cookies that often because she failed to take into account how the cookies flatten and expand when they are baked. She put way too much cookie dough on that baking sheet so of course they all melted together into one big blob.

• Love 2

Apparently, Phaedra doesn't make cookies that often because she failed to take into account how the cookies flatten and expand when they are baked. She put way too much cookie dough on that baking sheet so of course they all melted together into one big blob.

That's when you buy some whipped cream and frosting and tell everyone you made one of those trendy cookie cakes! Not that I've had experience in such matters (I've had experience in such matters).

• Love 9

It looked like Pillsbury Sugar Cookie roll dough, which will spread like heck. The stuff is great when working with kids, just don't expect it to look like what you put in the oven, when it comes out. The gingerbread roll dough (which is hard to find during the holidays) holds it's shape much better. I didn't get the impression Phaedra cooks much at all.

Oh heck no! When Todd pulls his own weight, he can expect to be thanked.

When will Todd be considered pulling his weight though?  He's obviously working steadily as we've seen on the show because Kandi's undies are in a bunch most of the time because he's away so much.  Does he have to make as much money as Kandi to be considered pulling his weight?  That will likely not happen.  I think it's unfair to Todd to say he's not pulling his weight.  Apollo wasn't pulling his weight.  Todd...he's working so I think he's pretty much pulling his weight.

I don't think Riley should be on the show anymore. She's a mean child and it won't serve her well to have her bitchface preserved forever.

I feel guilty since Riley is just a child, but hearing her speak makes me think of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.  Her speech is so slow and monotone.  It grates!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 5

I agree re: Todd pulling his weight. He's not making millions, but most people aren't. As Kandi pointed out to Joyce, men who have as much as Kandi does are a) rare, because millionaires are rare, b) not interested in settling down, and c) often go for the trophies. Todd works, and I'd guess he earns an upper-middle-class income. He's contributing financially t the household.

Also, if pulling his weight means buying Joyce shit ... fuck that, that bitch doesn't deserve anything, ESPECIALLY from Todd. After she made his daughter cry and talked about his mother like a dog? No God, honey.

• Love 9

I don't get the hate for Riley. She is a typical teenage girl, IMO.

Since everything is apparently fabricated for the show, who knows what really is going on?

It seems to me that a lot of viewers are harsh on Kandi, why?

I also can't fathom why some thinks that she should discipline her staff for dissing Todd. He is perfectly capable to express and defend himself IMO.

• Love 2

I'd vote that Riley is typical only in that she's self absorbed and entitled in a way that's not uncommon to teens, sure.  But she's also the extremely privileged only child of a multimillionaire who doesn't hesitate to overindulge (my opinion) her materialistic wants.  That's Kandi's fault, but Riley's problem.  I have a 15 year old only child, she doesn't say stuff to make others feel bad just for shits and giggles (at least not around me).

Personally I'm hard on Kandi for how her selective ways affect nearly everyone around her.   She's quick to take offense to anyone who (by the way, accurately) pegs Joyce's behavior as unacceptable, while simultaneously not holding her mother accountable to the same standard.   You can explain that in the manner of your choice but "that's just my mama" is a cowardly attempt at justifying why a grown woman seeks to be so vicious.  The point I'm making is no matter who's being shitty, it's still shit.   That's just about Joyce.  About Todd, she refuses to compromise but expects continuous concession on his part.  Despite that the word covenant means coming together, she refuses to allow him to believe for one minute that what's hers is his.  Within her right to do but she doesn't get to have it both ways.  She doesn't get to be so sensitive about the potential of sharing her wealth with a man she believes she'll be with for the next 50 years but wants to maintain the right to prevent him from whatever opportunity he has to make his own money, complaining all the while about the inconvenience it poses to a marriage she doesn't give enough of shit about to defend.    Sorry, I could've made this much shorter:  I hate selfish muffucahs.

As to her staff, Todd is perfectly capable of defending himself, but the reason it's Kandi's responsibility to do, is, those are HER employees disrespecting him and saying not one word in support of her husband implies that she's a weak boss and/or agrees with the disrespect.  Which is a disrespect of its own.  And I'm okay even she does agree, that's for her to feel behind the scenes. But I'll be damned if someone whose paycheck I sign, who has to go to work everyday, tears down my husband and his ackalades (tm N. Leakes) in my (and his) presence and still expects to come make a living with MY coins the next day.  Fuck that.   Especially given that this man supports (and by support I mean he doesn't interrupt) her dumbass decisions, her nutty abusive relationship with her mother and almost every move she makes, unconditionally.   There's a real unbalanced and unfair bent to their relationship which, even if you don't like Todd, makes you want to root for him because his wife has no idea nor desire how to be a team player.   I hope if he ever gets tired of her nonsense, he leaves a sticky on the fridge that reads "she doesn't wear bonnets to bed"

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 14

I too can't stand the way Riley speaks...

I will giggle my motha-fucken ass off when Peter leaves Cynthia completely bankrupt.  I wish $1200 a month (the apparent rent of Peter's Brew) was some small amount of money I could just shrug off & not discuss with Mr. Lucy if I decided to open up a shop & not mention it because "it happened so fast"... Oh yeah, Cynthia, your marriage is in much better shape now that you've dislodged your head from Nene ass... ::snort!:: keep telling yourself that!!

• Love 3

Claudia in that red dress, have mercy.

My guess is that Lexington has the best accommodations for that.

I believe most federal prisons offer some kind of drug program/classes in exchange for time off.

Also, Apollo is probably at the adjacent minimum security camp there, and not in the actual medical center.

I don't think anyone hates Riley. That's a pretty harsh word. However, I do think viewers see her as a spoiled teenager who gets whatever she wants, behaves however she wants (when on camera, anyway). At the cookout, she showed up wearing Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, ignoring everyone, playing with her phone, etc. She has not one, but two huge megascreen televisions in her room. IN HER ROOM. She talks disrespectfully to her elders, especially to Todd and his daughter. I do think she's being prompted with a script to say these things, but if I were on a reality show and producers wanted my daughter to act that way.... I'd draw the line and say no way. Her classmates must be wondering what's going on at the Tucker home.

It seems to me that a lot of viewers are harsh on Kandi, why?

I also can't fathom why some thinks that she should discipline her staff for dissing Todd. He is perfectly capable to express and defend himself IMO.

Kandi got hit the hardest when they were having lunch with Sharon, and Sharon mentioned that Joyce said she was a prostitute and that Todd's father was a pimp... and Kandi just rolled her eyes and brushed it off. Showed not an ounce of concern. This was aired right after Sharon had passed away, so the timing was unfortunate. But still, that's how Kandi handled the situation. Instead of saying "I'm so sorry for my mother's comments, I'll be sure that we get together with her and she explains herself and apologizes for something so awful." Kandi thinks her mother can do no wrong. Every single time Todd has mentioned to Kandi things her mom said out of Kandi's presence, she just says "that's how my momma rolls."

No, that's how an asshole rolls.

I don't think it's Todd's place to discipline Kandi's employees. That's on her, and from what we've seen she's not doing it. For example... let's say you were at work, and the people you supervise started making fun of your spouse, while he was standing there. Wouldn't you say "Hey, knock it off, this is my husband and he will be treated with respect. Understand? Because if not, there's the door."

Kandi will never do that. She's too wrapped up in keeping friends and family on the payroll. They could commit murder and she'd probably be the first person in line to testify on their behalf.

• Love 10

I don't think anyone hates Riley. That's a pretty harsh word. However, I do think viewers see her as a spoiled teenager who gets whatever she wants, behaves however she wants (when on camera, anyway). At the cookout, she showed up wearing Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, ignoring everyone, playing with her phone, etc. She has not one, but two huge megascreen televisions in her room. IN HER ROOM. She talks disrespectfully to her elders, especially to Todd and his daughter. I do think she's being prompted with a script to say these things, but if I were on a reality show and producers wanted my daughter to act that way.... I'd draw the line and say no way. Her classmates must be wondering what's going on at the Tucker home.

That's the part that really grinded my gears.  I work with teenagers, and yes, if you let them they will keep headphones on ears and phones in hand 24/7.  Be a goddamn adult and tell her to take the headphones off!  It's actually really easy, and I work with kids with way more attitude than Riley.

• Love 5

I have a roommate who has a 15 year old son.  Everything is a chore for this kid.  I came home early from work yesterday because I was sick.  He had the day off from school.  He was sitting on the couch with the TV on....at top volume....while simultaneously staring at his phone.  I was cooking myself something to eat so I was down there for at least 45 minutes.  His eyes stayed on that phone the entire time.  I'm not quite sure why he had the TV on, clearly he wasn't watching whatever was on it.

Whenever I ask him a question, I get the same monotone voice that Riley uses when answering a question.  Like life is just.so.fucking.hard they can't be bothered to inject some emotion into what they're saying.

He is always put out, no matter what he's asked to do and he does as little as possible if he does it at all.  Point in fact, when asked to take the trash out, there were two other smaller bags sitting next to it, he left the two smaller bags but took the bigger one.  God forbid I happen to walk into his room which is a hoarders effing dream.  

My point?  Riley is absolutely a typical teenager.  Money and privilege have nothing to do with it.  Roommate's son's resting attitude is entitled.  

This is why I don't have kids.  I have to laugh at the kid every time I see him.  Oh to be young and have no bills to pay whatsoever.

• Love 5

When I dated a man with two teenage boys, we had a rule that they had to leave their phones in the car when we'd go out to eat. Everyone, adults included. Kandi should learn that if she doesn't start laying down some rules with her daughter, she's going to have a mini-Momma Joyce on her hands in no time.

• Love 4

Kandi should learn that if she doesn't start laying down some rules with her daughter, she's going to have a mini-Momma Joyce on her hands in no time.

I think she's already there, to be honest.  I remember how nasty she was to Kaela when she made that college dig.  She might be the typical teenager, but the overindulgence makes it worse.

• Love 3

I'd vote that Riley is typical only in that she's self absorbed and entitled in a way that's not uncommon to teens, sure. But she's also the extremely privileged only child of a multimillionaire who doesn't hesitate to overindulge (my opinion) her materialistic wants. That's Kandi's fault, but Riley's problem. I have a 15 year old only child, she doesn't say stuff to make others feel bad just for shits and giggles (at least not around me).

Personally I'm hard on Kandi for how her selective ways affect nearly everyone around her. She's quick to take offense to anyone who (by the way, accurately) pegs Joyce's behavior as unacceptable, while simultaneously not holding her mother accountable to the same standard. You can explain that in the manner of your choice but "that's just my mama" is a cowardly attempt at justifying why a grown woman seeks to be so vicious. The point I'm making is no matter who's being shitty, it's still shit. That's just about Joyce. About Todd, she refuses to compromise but expects continuous concession on his part. Despite that the word covenant means coming together, she refuses to allow him to believe for one minute that what's hers is his. Within her right to do but she doesn't get to have it both ways. She doesn't get to be so sensitive about the potential of sharing her wealth with a man she believes she'll be with for the next 50 years but wants to maintain the right to prevent him from whatever opportunity he has to make his own money, complaining all the while about the inconvenience it poses to a marriage she doesn't give enough of shit about to defend. Sorry, I could've made this much shorter: I hate selfish muffucahs.

As to her staff, Todd is perfectly capable of defending himself, but the reason it's Kandi's responsibility to do, is, those are HER employees disrespecting him and saying not one word in support of her husband implies that she's a weak boss and/or agrees with the disrespect. Which is a disrespect of its own. And I'm okay even she does agree, that's for her to feel behind the scenes. But I'll be damned if someone whose paycheck I sign, who has to go to work everyday, tears down my husband and his ackalades (tm N. Leakes) in my (and his) presence and still expects to come make a living with MY coins the next day. Fuck that. Especially given that this man supports (and by support I mean he doesn't interrupt) her dumbass decisions, her nutty abusive relationship with her mother and almost every move she makes, unconditionally. There's a real unbalanced and unfair bent to their relationship which, even if you don't like Todd, makes you want to root for him because his wife has no idea nor desire how to be a team player. I hope if he ever gets tired of her nonsense, he leaves a sticky on the fridge that reads "she doesn't wear bonnets to beHave you watched my school's band's reality show? It was really good. It comes on Lifetime on Fridays. our school looks so good. d"

Damn! What a fucking read!

I missed your posts ZaldamoWilder! This post and the one in BSH are spot on. Not only are they full of truth, but written so eloquently. Thumbs up 100%!

• Love 2

I think she's already there, to be honest.  I remember how nasty she was to Kaela when she made that college dig.  She might be the typical teenager, but the overindulgence makes it worse.

Riley isn't even a teenager yet.  She's acting this way at 12.  I can't stand Cynthia, but there is such a difference between her daughter Noelle and Riley.  Even when she was Riley's age Noelle seemed so good natured, polite and sweet.  Riley isn't a bad child, she's just not very sociable.

• Love 4

Both Phaedra and Apollo can miss me with their whining. The two little boys are the ones being cheated out of a full-time parent.

Phaedra married an ex convict and had his babies. She should have foreseen jail visits with her babies in tow.

If Apollo wanted to see his kids, he shouldn't have done something that would land him in jail.

Kenya's pilot over Nene's serious play al year. The pilot was OTT ridiculous and clearly meant for a few laughs. I did.

Phaedra is definitely a LIAR regarding not being able to change diapers in prison.  These are the rules from the prison website!

AUTHORIZED BABY CARE ITEMS THAT MAY BE TAKEN INTO THE VISITING ROOM (Enough baby care items to last six hours):

1. 4 Diapers

2. 2 Clear Baby Feeding Bottles

3. 4 Baby Food (jars that are sealed only)

4. Any medication the baby needs

5. Baby Wipes in a clear plastic baggie.

6. Any special needs item(s) will be handled at the discretion of the Visiting Room Officer.

Page 17:  http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/lex/LEX_visit_hours.pdf

• Love 3

Let me also add, I have no issues with Riley. As was stated up top, she is just a typical teenager. I will say that IMO, she talks so slow, calculated and measured, because she is being coy; she knows the next words out of her mouth shouldn't be said. If she were sitting next to my mama, they'd be slapped back in!

• Love 4

Riley isn't even a teenager yet.  She's acting this way at 12.  I can't stand Cynthia, but there is such a difference between her daughter Noelle and Riley.  Even when she was Riley's age Noelle seemed so good natured, polite and sweet.  Riley isn't a bad child, she's just not very sociable.

Thanks for that, what a perfect comparison. Two girls raised with different values and it's so obvious which one will be more fun to be around when she's out of high school.

• Love 1

I have a roommate who has a 15 year old son. Everything is a chore for this kid. I came home early from work yesterday because I was sick. He had the day off from school. He was sitting on the couch with the TV on....at top volume....while simultaneously staring at his phone. I was cooking myself something to eat so I was down there for at least 45 minutes. His eyes stayed on that phone the entire time. I'm not quite sure why he had the TV on, clearly he wasn't watching whatever was on it.

Whenever I ask him a question, I get the same monotone voice that Riley uses when answering a question. Like life is just.so.fucking.hard they can't be bothered to inject some emotion into what they're saying.

He is always put out, no matter what he's asked to do and he does as little as possible if he does it at all. Point in fact, when asked to take the trash out, there were two other smaller bags sitting next to it, he left the two smaller bags but took the bigger one. God forbid I happen to walk into his room which is a hoarders effing dream.

My point? Riley is absolutely a typical teenager. Money and privilege have nothing to do with it. Roommate's son's resting attitude is entitled.

This is why I don't have kids. I have to laugh at the kid every time I see him. Oh to be young and have no bills to pay whatsoever.

I'm sorry, is my son over there?

Edited by announcergirl
  • Love 15