Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

I think Lisa and Kyle took the time between Reunion and the extra day just the two of them had together at the Lady Gaga taping to realize their stuff had become fairly miniscule.  Kyle always tries this nonsense of having a fresh start with those she is at war with but this year she was actually in a good place with everyone.  She just didn't realize Brandi was gunning for her.  it seemed pretty obvious after watching the entire season that Brandi was dying to tear Lisa V and Kyle's truce apart.

Brandi on the other hand will never give up the Scheana crap.  The fact Eddie is remarried, Scheana is married means nothing.  Ten years from now Brandi will still be talking about Scheana and Lisa supporting her career.

I wonder in the lost footage if we will get to see the Brandi injury file?  I want to see the "scratch" from Kyle's bracelet, the grab marks, the damaged leg from the escalator, the massive amount of glass her clothing was covered rendering it a danger to her children come laundry day.

I do agree with this.  I think they both agreed to move on, but I think it took a while for them to become close again.  Right now, it seems like they are in a really good place. I mean, Lisa told Kyle she loved her.  Who'da thunk?  Brandi wants to believe that they both simply moved on and became besties,  I don't think that's true.  I think it took some time.  

That glass thing is so stupid.  Eileen, more than anyone else at the table, was in the line of fire.  Everybody else was either standing or far away. If anyone was pulling glass out of their skin, it was Eileen, and she seemed uninjured.  I dunno, maybe Bravo edited out the part where Brandi was bleeding profusely and had to be rushed to the hospital.  It's amazing that she was able to hide all of the bandages the next day.  

If Kyle had said that about Lisa, I don't think they would have moved on. Ever.  Or would have moved on just for show until Lisa V would have eviscerated Kyle on air in a future season.

The smoking gun is probably a misused term by them all.  I hate that Andy said it has to do with Rinna because I thought for sure it would be Lisa V announcing she wasn't coming back.

I am sick of Rinna.  She was soooo concerned about Kim's sobriety until she wasn't.  If anyone else had sent those texts, well not anyone else - namely Kim or Brandi - they would've been skewered.  No excuses.  She's a loose cannon, attention whore.  She'll be on the short list for bad edit next season.  She's overplayed her hand.  I am disappointed.  Too much, too soon.  I had higher hopes for her.  Kyle and Lisa V and Eileen had better watch their backs.  She has already proven herself disloyal to Kyle.

As for the glass, Brandi said on air that night IIRC that she had glass on her as they were walking out of the restaurant.  It's not a big deal, but what Lisa R did wasn't cool at all.  And I think the way Rinna reacted that night either makes her unstable if it were Kim just throwing out baseless shit, a big famewhore trying to make a name like a Teresa G, or someone who was trying to protect her family.  

Her tweeting habits are little unstable too.  Bravo may have found a new twitter nut a la Jac Laurita.  All in all, perfect for Bravo.

• Love 8

I understand you, too. But I agree with Avaleigh and hypnotoad. We aren't saying Eileen is untouchable. Eileen was totally forthright about the cheating. She didn't deny it and said yes, that happened, what's your point? But Brandi needed to take the heat off herself re: the wine toss, so she started to focus on Eileen being a homewrecker. As many have already pointed out, if this was a real thing for Brandi, she wouldn't be Kim's best friend. The issue is not that Eileen is untouchable. The issue is that Brandi is using Eileen's past to move the onlookers away from her own heinous behavior.

I don't know if it is true or not, but Brandi in her blog wrote that the Star or some other publication wrote about Eileen's marriage break up just before they started taping her/when it was announced she was signed on the show.  I guess we know now who the they are in "They are saying you're a home wrecker." 

Fact checking?! Is that what she was doing? Similar to how she went around the table a few seasons back and "fact checked" how all the ladies gave birth - was it by a natural childbirth or by c-section? Even though she knew Adrienne's answer in advance?

Cuz I call it digging up dirt and spreading gossip.

Well I'm not calling her Woodward and Biernstein or anything, but IIRC (and I may not. I've watched most of the season while studying) Brandi asked about it, Eileen explained what happened, and then Brandi explained why adultery is a touchy subject with her. Then Brandi started throwing wine at people. I really don't remember it being a huge thing.

• Love 2

Nobody wantS to hear a constant complaining, long suffering martyr.

No addict wants to hear anyone out.

Then Brandi started throwing wine at people. I really don't remember it being a huge thing.

In Brandi's demented mind, it was a big thing and she hoped to make it a bigger thing. Throwing wine in someone's face, pretending it was play-acting right after she asks Eileen about her cheating even though Brandi already knew about the relationship after Googling the info. Yeah, seems like a big thing to Brandi. Then, Brandi offers Eileen a used gift of a necklace to apologize and supposedly lay it to rest only to tell others later that it was a joke about the wine-tossing and she wasn't wrong. If she wasn't wrong, why apologize? If she was only playing, why apologize? She brings it up again in Amsterdam by calling Eileen a "home wrecker" when the focus of the discussion was on her.  This whole "home wrecker" topic by Brandi seemed eerily similar to what she did where she "innocently" brings up at lunch the tabloid story about Mauricio. The difference was, Eileen didn't make it a big thing. She was honest and open about her relationship with Vince and didn't bat an eye about it or go postal on Brandi about her bringing it up. Certainly not the kind of thing Brandi is accustomed to.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 16

Well I'm not calling her Woodward and Biernstein or anything, but IIRC (and I may not. I've watched most of the season while studying) Brandi asked about it, Eileen explained what happened, and then Brandi explained why adultery is a touchy subject with her. Then Brandi started throwing wine at people. I really don't remember it being a huge thing.

That's not how it happened. The reason I brought up Adrienne's surrogacy is because Brandi "knew" about Eileen's marriage the same way she "knew" about Adrienne's secret. She wasn't engaging in general chit-chat, she wasn't on a fact-finding mission, rather, she had an agenda.

• Love 19
I'm not upset on Eileen's behalf, so much, except that I think it's shitty to call someone a "homewrecker" on national TV given that the person saying it has no idea what really happened and it was a million years ago and they certainly ain't no saint themselves.  I'm just tired of Brandi's bullshit when it comes to reveling parts of other people's private lives to further her own victimhood -- even if it is Google-able.  lol

And do we even know if the divorces weren't on their way to happening anyway? That the other spouses weren't also cheating, or that there wasn't an "arrangement"? Or that those involved didn't fall in love with each other before actually doing anything (I admit, that's probably a stretch, but I suppose it could happen). Before anyone assumes that I am condoning cheating, I'll say that I am not. I'm just saying that it's only cheating if it's breaking the understood rules. And that there are people in the world who easily get through this kind of thing (no, I would not be one of them. And, yes, it would be a pretty wild coincidence if all four people involved were cool with it).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4

Nobody wantS to hear a constant complaining, long suffering martyr.

Then Kim should shut up her big fat yap. And why do I wonder that, if Kyle were running around all happy and carefree despite her issue-riddled sister, she'd be cavalier, callous, self-absorbed, unsympathetic, oblivious...

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 15

Brandi bitch ass has no business coming for Eileen and in past accounts Taylor being homewreckers... Didn't she break up Eddie's engagement to another soap actress???  She has some nerve to cast stones at people being homwreckers when how she got her man is how she lost her man!  It's called Karma Brandi Slutville!

Wow, I didn't know that happened - and she calls the others hypocrites!

• Love 4

If Kyle had said that about Lisa, I don't think they would have moved on. Ever.  Or would have moved on just for show until Lisa V would have eviscerated Kyle on air in a future season.

The smoking gun is probably a misused term by them all.  I hate that Andy said it has to do with Rinna because I thought for sure it would be Lisa V announcing she wasn't coming back.

I am sick of Rinna.  She was soooo concerned about Kim's sobriety until she wasn't.  If anyone else had sent those texts, well not anyone else - namely Kim or Brandi - they would've been skewered.  No excuses.  She's a loose cannon, attention whore.  She'll be on the short list for bad edit next season.  She's overplayed her hand.  I am disappointed.  Too much, too soon.  I had higher hopes for her.  Kyle and Lisa V and Eileen had better watch their backs.  She has already proven herself disloyal to Kyle.

As for the glass, Brandi said on air that night IIRC that she had glass on her as they were walking out of the restaurant.  It's not a big deal, but what Lisa R did wasn't cool at all.  And I think the way Rinna reacted that night either makes her unstable if it were Kim just throwing out baseless shit, a big famewhore trying to make a name like a Teresa G, or someone who was trying to protect her family.  

Her tweeting habits are little unstable too.  Bravo may have found a new twitter nut a la Jac Laurita.  All in all, perfect for Bravo.

I want an episode of the text message files.  I want to know what messages these women really send back and forth to each other.  We know "anorexic old hag" and "I am gonna fuck you up".  There just has to be more.

• Love 9

I want an episode of the text message files.  I want to know what messages these women really send back and forth to each other.  We know "anorexic old hag" and "I am gonna fuck you up".  There just has to be more

The one Brandi accidentally sent to someone else (who was it?) when she referred to Kyle as a "fucking c*nt". I believe that was two seasons ago. Boy, can you imagine if it were Kyle who had accidentally sent a text to someone referring to Brandi as such? Ooh boy. What a field day that would be.

• Love 10

I don't know if it is true or not, but Brandi in her blog wrote that the Star or some other publication wrote about Eileen's marriage break up just before they started taping her/when it was announced she was signed on the show.  I guess we know now who the they are in "They are saying you're a home wrecker." 

I do believe that "Star" did do a story about it but there is a difference between a tabloid story seen at the checkout counter and a fellow cast member announcing it time and time again on camera like a world wide announcement. Brandi did not just bring it up 1 time, she said it numerous times on camera.

• Love 6

Between you all and Me, I don't see anything so terrible in the texts that LisaR sent Kim. But, Kim was reading it like it came from the Godfather complete with a horse head in her bed, Did you see the expression on Kim's face as she read it? It was a "got cha" now face. When Andy said "a minute ago you were crying. How would you feel if Lisa laughed at your tears"' then Kim's face changed and she jumped up to hug Lisa. What a fake arse beyotch.

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 19

And do we even know if the divorces weren't on their way to happening anyway? That the other spouses weren't also cheating, or that there wasn't an "arrangement"? Or that those involved didn't fall in love with each other before actually doing anything (I admit, that's probably a stretch, but I suppose it could happen). Before anyone assumes that I am condoning cheating, I'll say that I am not. I'm just saying that it's only cheating if it's breaking the understood rules. And that there are people in the world who easily get through this kind of thing (no, I would not be one of them. And, yes, it would be a pretty wild coincidence if all four people involved were cool with it).

That's exactly right.

I have a friend whose marriage was over spiritually at least after about 10 years.  They were good friends, but no sex life and no romance.  They knew they were never going to rekindle it either.  But they didn't want to go through a divorce for financial reasons so they basically lived separate lives -- incuding having side pieces.  They eventually divorced but remain friends to this day.  You never know what goes on in a marriage.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8

I know a few people who have gone that route too; they had comfortable lives and legitimately loved each other and felt no pressing need to divorce. I don't think that would work for me, but I don't think it's crazy either. And who knows--it could happen to me in 20 years or something, when I couldn't imagine not still living with my BF.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6

TattleTeeny, on 11 Apr 2015 - 3:54 PM, said:

Great observation. I agree.

It seems affairs are looked at as "black and white" - she/he cheated and therefore, they divorced. It is not black and white. There can be many factors to the dissolution of a marriage. Brandi loves to tell the story that she and Eddie had a great marriage, but I bet if we get his side, he has his own version and it is not the fairy tale that Brandi would like many to believe.

I personally know a woman who divorced after 40 years. She gave the impression she was in a happy marriage, but she wasn't.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

From what I have read about the lawsuit against Kim, the woman who was bitten by Kingsley last March was begged by Kim to not say anything for fear that she would be fired. She said that she agreed. I also believe that she has said that she thought that Kim was going to remove Kingsley from the home. I think that when Alexia was bitten in November that Kim's biggest concern was that she might then face problems over that earlier bite. I think that is why she was so upset about Kyle posting pictures, and why she had Whitney call Kyle and ask her to remove them. It was all about damage control. Apparently Kim's fears were accurate, because the lawsuit was filed shortly after it was revealed that Kingsley was still around and attacking innocent folks over at Kim's pad.

The thing is I imagine that Kyle is being blamed for this lawsuit, and probably not just by Kim. Probably by Kim's kids and by Kathy as well. If she hadn't publicized the attack, perhaps there would be no legal fall-out. I can see this being the ultimate example of how Kyle doesn't protect Kim. The thing is, I don't think most people would blame Kyle even if it were her plan to have Kingsley exposed as a danger to others, regardless of the consequences to Kim. Especially if it is true that Kim was concerned immediately after the bite that Kingsley would be removed. In the same situation, I would have done anything to see that Kim didn't get that dog back.

• Love 12

Between you all and Me, I don't see anything so terrible in the texts that LisaR sent Kim. But Kim was reading it like it came from the Godfather complete with a horses head in her bed, Did you see the expression on Kim's face as she read it? It was a "got cha" now face. When Andy said "a minute ago you were crying. How would you feel if Lisa laughed at your tears"' then Kim's face changed and she jumped up to hug Lisa. What a fake arse beyotch.

I agree. That's why I'm convinced those texts were the so-called smoking gun that was teased. I think Kim and Brandi talked about the texts in advance, and really thought that people would be shocked at the content. Frankly, the way Kim goes on the attack and points her finger makes practically every utterance seem like a "gotcha" moment, but reading those texts aloud with a smirk on her face was special. She was so tone deaf to how she was coming across that even Brandi (of all people) had to tell her to stop and lighten up on LisaR. That hug was ridiculous.

• Love 13

From what I have read about the lawsuit against Kim, the woman who was bitten by Kingsley last March was begged by Kim to not say anything for fear that she would be fired. She said that she agreed. I also believe that she has said that she thought that Kim was going to remove Kingsley from the home. I think that when Alexia was bitten in November that Kim's biggest concern was that she might then face problems over that earlier bite. I think that is why she was so upset about Kyle posting pictures, and why she had Whitney call Kyle and ask her to remove them. It was all about damage control. Apparently Kim's fears were accurate, because the lawsuit was filed shortly after it was revealed that Kingsley was still around and attacking innocent folks over at Kim's pad.

The thing is I imagine that Kyle is being blamed for this lawsuit, and probably not just by Kim. Probably by Kim's kids and by Kathy as well. If she hadn't publicized the attack, perhaps there would be no legal fall-out. I can see this being the ultimate example of how Kyle doesn't protect Kim. The thing is, I don't think most people would blame Kyle even if it were her plan to have Kingsley exposed as a danger to others, regardless of the consequences to Kim. Especially if it is true that Kim was concerned immediately after the bite that Kingsley would be removed. In the same situation, I would have done anything to see that Kim didn't get that dog back.

The lawsuit happened because Kim promised to pay all the medical fees that KR received from the bite after she, KR, was made to promise not name Kim/Kingsley to the authorities/hospital personnel. Kim paid nothing, not a penny of the medical expenses, zip, zero, nada. After the dog bit Alexia, it was Kim that came out and admitted it was Kingsley that bit Alexia in a statement released to the press/tabloids, not Kyle.  Kyle only confirmed it after Kim went public first. Then the trainer we saw on the show made a public statement about the fact that it was Production that hired him because the dog had bitten 2 people by then, not because of the BS/lie story Kim fed us on camera. IMO, It was then that KR realized that Kim knew the dog was dangerous even though Kim lied to both KR and her daughter by repeating the BS/lie story to get them to come stay overnight at her house and she filed the lawsuit.

There is no reason for Kim to be mad at Kyle for the stupid photos because Kyle never said anything about the dog or who owned it, Kim did that, not Kyle.

• Love 12

I understand you, too. But I agree with Avaleigh and hypnotoad. We aren't saying Eileen is untouchable. Eileen was totally forthright about the cheating. She didn't deny it and said yes, that happened, what's your point? But Brandi needed to take the heat off herself re: the wine toss, so she started to focus on Eileen being a homewrecker. As many have already pointed out, if this was a real thing for Brandi, she wouldn't be Kim's best friend. The issue is not that Eileen is untouchable. The issue is that Brandi is using Eileen's past to move the onlookers away from her own heinous behavior.

I agree that Eileen is untouchable.  But not in the way you guys are discussing. She feels untouchable to me because I only really see her being discussed in glowing, goddess-like terms.  Not just here. But there's got to be more to her.  I agree that she's smart and calm but doesn't anybody else see that she's a little bit weird, too??? LOL  Just me?  Okay.

• Love 5

The lawsuit happened because Kim promised to pay all the medical fees that KR received from the bite after she, KR, was made to promise not name Kim/Kingsley to the authorities/hospital personnel. Kim paid nothing, not a penny of the medical expenses, zip, zero, nada. After the dog bit Alexia, it was Kim that came out and admitted it was Kingsley that bit Alexia in a statement released to the press/tabloids, not Kyle.  Kyle only confirmed it after Kim went public first. Then the trainer we saw on the show made a public statement about the fact that it was Production that hired him because the dog had bitten 2 people by then, not because of the BS/lie story Kim fed us on camera. IMO, It was then that KR realized that Kim knew the dog was dangerous even though Kim lied to both KR and her daughter by repeating the BS/lie story to get them to come stay overnight at her house and she filed the lawsuit.

There is no reason for Kim to be mad at Kyle for the stupid photos because Kyle never said anything about the dog or who owned it, Kim did that, not Kyle.

Oh I completely agree with you. I just imagine that this is the way that Kim is thinking. You know that Kyle, never protecting Kim.

• Love 3

I agree that Eileen is untouchable.  But not in the way you guys are discussing. She feels untouchable to me because I only really see her being discussed in glowing, goddess-like terms.  Not just here. But there's got to be more to her.  I agree that she's smart and calm but doesn't anybody else see that she's a little bit weird, too??? LOL  Just me?  Okay.

She's too normal maybe. Also she hasn't shared a whole lot. Not worth discussing because there isn't anything really to say that I can think of at least. I like her. She drives a Ford Flex (not clear on what that is but it's an average car apparently).

Also the rest of the women are so much of a mess, 15 pages in and everything still being rehashed about the others. 

• Love 4

Will somebody please give me a clue about what "going postal" means?  That's a new one for me!

I started to watch Part 2 again last night, but I fell asleep while it was on.  Can you imagine falling asleep with all that yelling?  I must have been REALLY tired (or bored)!   All I can remember is that every time Lisa Rinna tried to butt in, the show became worse.  Once, Andy had to motion for her to can it because two others were duking it out.  Another time, she began ranting about something that was completely off-topic.  She stopped, looked embarrassed for a split second, and finally was quiet.  I can't figure her out, but I'm not at all sure that I care to. 

• Love 3

Will somebody please give me a clue about what "going postal" means? That's a new one for me!

It means to get really, really pissed off. The term came to be after a rash of shootings inside various post offices 20 or so years ago, for the most part by employees. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 7

Will somebody please give me a clue about what "going postal" means?  That's a new one for me! 

Lura, the U.S. Postal Service is staffed by people who are under a lot of stress. About 15 years ago there were a bunch of publicized incidents of postal workers  going crazy at work due to the pressure of their jobs. A lot of them became violent at work. Where I live (Denver, CO) a postal worker showed up to work in a gorilla suit, wearing a large dildo and toting guns. I think there was a hostage situation but I don't recall if anyone was killed. I don't know if since then things have improved, but we don't hear about so many incidents any more. And of course, there are thousands of postal employees who are great at their jobs and handle their stress appropriately. To "go postal" is still to become unstable and violent though.

Whoops, motorcitymom65 beat me to it!

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 6

Ratings Time!

BH tops all and NYC not so much

xeokjn.png

That is so disturbing. I'd rather watch RHONY exclusively than ever have to see or hear about RHOBH again. RHOBH was fun for maybe 5 minutes in season 1. Taylor and her husband, Adrienne treating Paul like dirt, suicide of Taylor's husband, Dana whatever that was and her meltdown....Beverly Hills is no more for me.

• Love 1

All I can remember is that every time Lisa Rinna tried to butt in, the show became worse.  Once, Andy had to motion for her to can it because two others were duking it out.  Another time, she began ranting about something that was completely off-topic.  She stopped, looked embarrassed for a split second, and finally was quiet.

When she threw her dad under the bus and blamed him for her bad behavior because he 'shushed' her while she was growing up, I was thinking, "Oh honey. With a mouth as big as yours, I'm sure you were shushed by a lot more people than your dad.  Why put that all on your dad?"  Watch her in almost any scene she's in.  With Eileen, with Kyle.  At poker night.  SHE was the one Eileen told to pipe down because E's son was upstairs. She was a co-host on Access last week and would not shut up.  If Brandi and Bethenny had a kid, it'd be Lisa Rinna.  Lisa's not quite as bad as Bethenny, nor as bad as Brandi, but she's certainly got traits of both.

• Love 5

Beverly Hills is no more for me.

Though not quite a smoking gun, wouldn't that be something if it was announced on Part 3 that this is the last season for BH?  It would put all of us out of our self-inflicted misery, for our own good.  I'm done with BH if Kim is back.  I think Brandi will be back and will dial down her 'tude because Andy has probably suggested it. She can afford to as Rinna is there to take over as resident trash mouth.  She certainly seems willing and able. 

Are the RHOBH trashier than RHOOC??  There's a question for Andy's viewers. I think they might be.

• Love 1

I want an episode of the text message files. I want to know what messages these women really send back and forth to each other. We know "anorexic old hag" and "I am gonna fuck you up". There just has to be more.

If this was RHOA they would had shown it! When Kenya and Apollo were texting back and forth Kenya showed them to Kandi. Or on RHONJ when JoeGo/Melissa went Tre's book signing and the camera looked at his phone and he has JoeGu listed as "Fa**ot".

I also recall when all that crap went on between Brandi and Adrienne in S3 they showed tweets to somewhat support their claims.

Maybe Kim offered to show the texts to production when she had nothing on Harry. TMZ or another blog had said if Kim didnt spill on Harry she might get fired. These texts might had been her saving grace last minute to save her gig.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

Are the RHOBH trashier than RHOOC??  There's a question for Andy's viewers. I think they might be.

At least a few co-exist on a level compost heap: Tamballs and Brandi share quite a few traits.

• Love 1

Brandi bitch ass has no business coming for Eileen and in past accounts Taylor being homewreckers... Didn't she break up Eddie's engagement to another soap actress???  She has some nerve to cast stones at people being homwreckers when how she got her man is how she lost her man!  It's called Karma Brandi Slutville!

Wait, whut?  Who?  Spill! 

I don't really see Eileen as weird.  Now, I'm weird.  I'm really weird.  lol  Eileen seems "normal" in her own quirky yet straight-forward and witty way but I don't think she's boring, either.  Actually, I'd like her even more if she were weirder and I want to know more about her so I hope she will come back next season, along with peek-a-boo Vince.  

• Love 9

Lura, the U.S. Postal Service is staffed by people who are under a lot of stress. About 15 years ago there were a bunch of publicized incidents of postal workers  going crazy at work due to the pressure of their jobs. A lot of them became violent at work. Where I live (Denver, CO) a postal worker showed up to work in a gorilla suit, wearing a large dildo and toting guns. I think there was a hostage situation but I don't recall if anyone was killed. I don't know if since then things have improved, but we don't hear about so many incidents any more. And of course, there are thousands of postal employees who are great at their jobs and handle their stress appropriately. To "go postal" is still to become unstable and violent though.

Whoops, motorcitymom65 beat me to it!

Yes.  I meant no disrespect.  It has become a 'term'.  I apologize if I offended any one.  But not Tamballs.  Just because. :)

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

Now we're casting blame on the wronged parties? I don't think that's very fair, and pretty much something I would expect from Kim and Brandi. Plus, we know it's not true. Eileen specifically said her marriage was good and she and her (other) husband were happy.

• Love 2

The Star article came out right after the wine toss happened in real life.  Someone "leaked" it to the publication.  Brandi seems to have a great relationship with The Star, the assumption is that during filming the story came out.  Prior to that the stories were about how uneventful filming had been. So Brandi kind of used that as an excuse.  In any event why would anyone say that to a new co-worker? Wasn't that the big deal last year on the show when Lisa V. and Brandi brought up tabloid stories? It just goes to Brandi unrealistic idea that everyone wants or needs to have everything in their life brought out very publicly.  Contrast that with her BFF Kim who has a major meltdown over her dog biting her niece becoming public fodder.

The articles I found claim that Brandi called Eileen a homewrecker and threw a drink in her face.  They were also after the season trailer had aired.  I hold Bravo accountable for that misdirection.

• Love 4

Now we're casting blame on the wronged parties? I don't think that's very fair, and pretty much something I would expect from Kim and Brandi. Plus, we know it's not true. Eileen specifically said her marriage was good and she and her (other) husband were happy.

I don't think anyone is blaming Eileen and Vince's ex-spouses.  It's just difficult to tell what is going on inside a relationship, from the outside.  It's not always as black and white as one person being a lying cheating homewrecker and the other person being a completely innocent or unaware wronged party.  It's often muddier than that and only the people involved know the truth based on their individual perceptions of the situation.  

Eileen has said she and her ex had a good marriage (Which may have been true. Having a happy or good marriage doesn't necessarily mean that both parties are completely content, sexually satisfied, or in love, etc.) and she has claimed total responsibility, but that's all we know and all she's saying.  Maybe that's all true or she is just not wanting to place blame on anyone but herself or air her and her ex's dirty laundry, which is the decent thing to do, imo.  I think the fact that all three/four adults have worked together over the years to raise their collective children shows that they decided to handled everything maturely, no matter how [Eileen and Vince] began.  Again imo.  

Brandi made judgments based on her own skewed perception of reality and purposeful slandering for attention's sake.  That's what I think a lot of people have an issue with.  I know I do and my issue with Brandi being a shrieking harpy who uses other people's issues for her own gain has nothing to do with my thoughts on Eileen's marriage to Vince or the subject of cheating in general.  I simply don't know enough about their relationship and don't care enough to really have an opinion other than not wanting to hear Brandi talk about it.    

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 10

I  think that hypothesizing that Eileen and Vince's previous spouses were actively cheating themselves, or that their marriages had been sexless for a decade (her second marriage only lasted a few years), is shifting blame to the offended parties.  I'm not sure how that can be interpreted otherwise.  But I'm certainly not going to continue to argue my point.

I think if Eileen choses to return she better pray that Brandi returns.  It seems that any criticism of Eileen gets pointed right back at Brandi. It's possible to give an honest critique of Eileen without Brandi anywhere in the thought process.

• Love 2

I  think that hypothesizing that Eileen and Vince's previous spouses were actively cheating themselves, or that their marriages had been sexless for a decade (her second marriage only lasted a few years), is shifting blame to the offended parties.  I'm not sure how that can be interpreted otherwise.  But I'm certainly not going to continue to argue my point.

I think if Eileen choses to return she better pray that Brandi returns.  It seems that any criticism of Eileen gets pointed right back at Brandi. It's possible to give an honest critique of Eileen without Brandi anywhere in the thought process.

I think Eileen is too thoughtful and restrained for this group.  At this point without Brandi she may end up just being a hostess of group activities. 

As far as Eileen and Vince's previous marriages I tend to agree with Eileen that a third party cannot break up a strong marriage. I noticed that Brandi, probably through therapy, even claims that Eddie ruined their marriage-not LeAnn or even Scheana.  I never understand why outside parties, such as Brandi, think it is a good idea to bring up a divorce that is seemingly predicated on infidelity.  It just always seems to hurt the party that was cheated on.  I realize Brandi enjoys the victim role but many people, who have a healthier look on life, don't dwell on their lost love and don't need to be reminded of the hurt.  Instead what I see in Brandi is stalking the boyfriend who was allegedly unfaithful, repeatedly breaking up with him publicly (JR), speaking poorly about LeAnn and generally being the scorned woman police.  Even the choices she makes on who to bring on her Podcast-the ex-wife of Tori Spelling's husband-who wants to hear from these people and why do they accept an invitation to relive the pain and humiliation?  Another thing I don't understand is a re-married jilted ex wanting to write or talk about their previously dissolved marriage-I am talking about you the former Mr. LeAnn Rimes.  What an insult to your present spouse.  I applaud Betsy (Vince's ex) for not wanting to discuss a 15 year old break up.

• Love 6

<Brandi-free zone> My honest critique of Eileen is that she's an interesting, straight forward and witty, talented woman, whom I feel handled herself rather well this, her first season.  I don't hold her past against her and I enjoyed the scenes of her working, her house, her kids (bio and step), her husband and the interactions she had with her friends.  I hope she comes back so I can see more of her and hopefully more scenes of her on the sets of her soaps. </Brandi-free zone>

Many, if not most of the criticisms of Eileen have been brought up by Brandi, which is why Brandi is mentioned in relation to Eileen, in addition to Brandi throwing wine on Eileen.  Brandi is discussed so much in relation to the other HW because Brandi, by her own admission, purposefully creates conflict and discord.  Brandi is the source, so discussions will naturally point back towards her.  

• Love 11

I disagree that Eileen is untouchable. She's been criticized for all sorts of things it just isn't on the same scale as the criticism that most of the other women have faced this season. Eileen has handled herself well and I think people have responded accordingly. She wasn't criticized for her behavior in the way that Kim and Brandi are because her behavior is simply no where near being offensive whereas with Kim and Brandi they pretty much offend at some point in every scene they're in this season. 

Eileen was criticized by some for having the audacity to talk about Kim's issues with LisaR and Kyle. Her concern for Kim was mocked by some because it was thought to be insincere. (I'm not really sure why but I have certainly read comments indicating that some feel this was the case.) Eileen was criticized by some for not being ready to immediately "move forward" with Kim in Amsterdam. There were also people who didn't like that she arranged for the lunch between Kyle and Kim on the grounds that it wasn't her "business". Eileen's parenting has been scrutinized, and she was accused of being a parent who does their children's work for them even though it seemed to me that she was just being an involved mom who was following up and making sure her kid is doing all the work that he's supposed to be doing. Eileen's house has been very criticized as have some of her wardrobe choices--I don't think she's being treated unlike the other women in this sense and certainly not like an untouchable "goddess". (I've also heard that some people don't like her hair, lol.)  Eileen has been criticized for being a gambler (although admittedly I haven't really seen much of that particular criticism here at PTV) and for getting involved with a married man while she herself was married. People speculated as to the state of Eileen and Vince's marriage and felt that there might be some serious issues with regard to their finances. 

I really don't see how Eileen is supposedly untouchable. To me though it doesn't make sense to hand out criticism equally if some people are clearly behaving in a better way than others. The reason that Brandi and Kim (and LisaR) are under fire is because their behavior has been by far the worst this season. 

I also disagree with the implication that it's only because it isn't Eileen's "turn" yet that this is the only reason why we aren't seeing more objectionable behavior from her. She's had plenty of opportunity to lose her shit, foam at the mouth, show traits of disloyalty in terms of friendships, sound off in a vile way about the other women Brandi-style, show off some obnoxious materialistic values, etc. I'm guessing that she hasn't gone there because she isn't typically like that. Brandi though even during her early seasons where she wasn't yet totally despised--all of her offensive characteristics are on display and only seem to have become exacerbated by her perception that people enjoy seeing this sort of bad behavior. 

When I look back on season 2 Brandi it's easy to see that she was always the person that she is now. Brandi basically got lucky that she was treated unfairly by the other women before she'd first had a chance to do really do anything wrong. If that hadn't happened I wonder if she would have still had so many viewers in her corner?

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 11

I don't really see Eileen as weird.  Now, I'm weird.  I'm really weird.  lol  Eileen seems "normal" in her own quirky yet straight-forward and witty way but I don't think she's boring, either.  Actually, I'd like her even more if she were weirder and I want to know more about her so I hope she will come back next season, along with peek-a-boo Vince.  

I don't see weird either. I see a totally cool chick. 

I love that she says she loves sports. You rarely hear that from these girls. She also allows cigar smoking in her house (we are not at that point over here at the MotorCity pad; that is seriously hardcore) and loves to gamble. I am probably weird, but just add in politics and good wine, and you have listed all the things in the world that I love more than anything. She is also articulate, likes to laugh, and seems to be supportive and loyal to her friends. I will also bet that she has some great stories to tell after having worked in the industry for such a long time, not to mention being married to Vince and around his family. I don't think she is untouchable at all, I just really like her. 

• Love 19

I'm lost...Rinna threw her dad under the bus this episode?

Or on RHONJ when JoeGo/Melissa went Tre's book signing and the camera looked at his phone and he has JoeGu listed as "Fa**ot".

It was actually Juicy that had JoeGo  listed as that.

• Love 2

I love that she says she loves sports. You rarely hear that from these girls. She also allows cigar smoking in her house (we are not at that point over here at the MotorCity pad; that is seriously hardcore) and loves to gamble. I am probably weird, but just add in politics and good wine, and you have listed all the things in the world that I love more than anything. She is also articulate, likes to laugh, and seems to be supportive and loyal to her friends. I will also bet that she has some great stories to tell after having worked in the industry for such a long time, not to mention being married to Vince and around his family. I don't think she is untouchable at all, I just really like her.

I'm with you, motorcitymom.  Eileen is the one I'd most like to hang with because she seems to be more down to earth than any of the rest of them.   I like sports, enjoy going to the casino, and am looking forward to the presidential race so I can snark on the 50 R's who will be fighting for the nomination.  And nothing enhances my enjoyment of all of the above like a glass of good wine!  Glad to see I'm in good company on this board.

I was happy to see Kyle keep her shit together during the last episode of the reunion, but hate the fact that both she and LisaR break down next week.  It gives Kim and Brandi too much pleasure when they can reduce the others to tears.  IMO, those two have absolutely no redeeming qualities. 

• Love 13

I hear what you are saying.  However, with my friend's marriage, there wasn't anyone to blame really.  They both knew their marriage was dead, they made the choice not to divorce, but they lived separate lives and enjoyed their side pieces.  For all intents and purposes, they cheated on each other.  There are also people that don't really care that their spouses have side pieces because they just aren't interested in sex anymore.  So the spouse essentially sanctioned adultery.

I don't know whether this happened with Eileen.  But if her relationship with Vince's ex is pretty good, maybe it was a situation very what I described.  We don't know.  

Brandi loves to thrash around the "homewrecker" comments as though she is on some high moral ground while she continues to flirt shamelessly and plop herself down on the laps of the husbands of her friends.  Frankly, I'd rather hang out with Eileen who at one point in her life made an immoral decision, over someone who routinely makes immoral decisions to make a buck off of being some reality TV "truth cannon" without regard to whose lives she impacts.  She shares the most private matters for her "brand" -- going as far as to write a book alleging the father of her children -- gave her HPV.  She airs her dirty laundry without giving a rat's ass about how her sons will feel about this when they are old enough to understand.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 9

To me though it doesn't make sense to hand out criticism equally if some people are clearly behaving in a better way than others. The reason that Brandi and Kim (and LisaR) are under fire is because their behavior has been by far the worst this season. 

It's not just criticism or snark I'd like to see more of about Eileen, here.  I like her.  I just think there's more there.  That's all.  I'd also like a conversation about her that if a tiny criticism is brought into a post, it isn't always met with "but Brandi (or Kim) is so much worse because they did xyz."

I'm lost...Rinna threw her dad under the bus this episode?

I'm not sure if it was this epi. Whichever reunion segment Rinna admits sending the texts.  It might have been in a preview from Bravo's site that someone posted here.  Or maybe it was a First Look.  My fentanyl patch makes me confused.

• Love 10
Eileen is untouchable?

Really. She's had her face, hair and home insulted, was called a homewrecker and a beast, and had wine thrown in her face. If that's considered untouchable, then damn. As far as some fans maybe thinking she's perfect, who cares? It's not a contest.

I also disagree with the implication that it's only because it isn't Eileen's "turn" yet that this is the only reason why we aren't seeing more objectionable behavior from her.

Yeah, I find that the "Just wait, you'll all see how she really is next season!" view will usually just keep you waiting, as a HW isn't apt to suddenly change her spots.

• Love 14

Yeah, I find that the "Just wait, you'll all see how she really is next season!" view will usually just keep you waiting, as a HW isn't apt to suddenly change her spots.

Well, maybe not suddenly but if they start out on a good foot, they always change their spots eventually.  Who hasn't? 

For me, Rinna went from favored to side-eyed the fastest.  Faster than Brandi.  Lisa VDP took the longest time.  They all do it, just at different speeds. 

• Love 5

Yeah, because that is EXACTLY what I did in that post right there, not only with all those question marks and "if"s and parentheticals, but especially with the (completely nonexistent) part where I flat-out said it was the other parties' faults. Jesus fucking Christ. I wondered what may have been going on in the various relationship combos before the splits, and never even once said anything close to blaming the previous spouses. And "we" didn't know what Eileen said, hence me asking; I don't usually ask questions when I already know the answer--I'm crazy that way.

Also, someone [not necessarily Eileen specifically] can believe a marriage [not necessarily one of the ones from this situation necessarily] is happy even if a spouse [not Eileen's former one necessarily] is cheating.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 12