Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Housewife Interrupted

• Start Topic

Past issues are addressed, leading to a breakthrough via therapy with Dr. Jeff. Elsewhere, NeNe prepares for her Broadway debut but meets obstacles; a cast reads Kenya's script for the first time; and Claudia plans an exotic trip for the ladies.

It's hard for me to take Kandi seriously when she talks about how kissing Nene's ass just teaches her that it's ok to treat people the way she does when Kandi spends her life kissing her mother's ass and enabling her asshole behavior.  She's also one of those people who rolls her eyes or makes noises with her mouth as if EVERYTHING is stupid.  I hate that.  Hey Kandi, if you're so goddamn smart, how come your marriage is in the shitter, your daughter is an overweight brat, you are eating your feelings, and your mother is a bitch whom you unleash on unsuspecting folk everywhere?  And for all your blustering about what Pheadra's doing concerning your friendship, you are now doing the same damn thing. 

Does Cynthia have anything else to talk about other than Nene?   All she does is rehash shit that's happened so she can get validation that she's right no matter what she does.  Her going off about how Nene can't hear negative shit about herself without interrupting, uh....pot, meet kettle.

Sorry Nene, I like you and all.  But you made a huge mistake by leaving that session.  If your goal was to get everyone to let go of their crap, they did....without you.   

I still hate Cynthia.

• Love 20

It's hard for me to take Kandi seriously when she talks about how kissing Nene's ass just teaches her that it's ok to treat people the way she does when Kandi spends her life kissing her mother's ass and enabling her asshole behavior. 

Sorry Nene, I like you and all.  But you made a huge mistake by leaving that session.  If your goal was to get everyone to let go of their crap, they did....without you.  

LISTEN. It's so hilarious to me that she acts like Nene isn't just a 20 year younger, foot taller version of Nene. And since you let Joyce go on and be her shitty self why are you so against Nene getting that same reaction?  It's no coincidence Nene & Joyce get along so well.

• Love 8

I'm glad to see the gals (except NeNe) have made amends with each other, but I've watched this show long enough to know it won't last.

I am tired of Kenya's charade of a TV sitcom.

When I think of spiritual healing, the Philippines is the LAST place I would go!

• Love 4

Kenya needs to stop playing herself.  She knows good and damn well Life Twirls On ain't happening. Stop freaking out as if some network exec was there to potentially option that bullshit for a pilot.

Would be nice if Kandi bossed up towards her staff and mama like she did during the therapy session.  It's easy to see and call out other people's shit, but she lacks so much awareness about her own situation.

Overall, I thought it was a boring episode. We all know that they're going to be fighting again in a few days, so let's stop with this mockery of psychotherapy.

• Love 5

Sooo, Melissa Etheridge is a divorce attorney now?

I was cracking up at the expressions she was giving Phaedra during her sob story.  Then she finally broke down and basically said...what did you expect with marrying someone who spent five years in prison.

• Love 9

Sooo, Melissa Etheridge is a divorce attorney now?

I'm just glad it wasn't Randy Kessler! He must be so pissed he can't represent them both. You know he goes to bed whining. "But *I'm* only divorce attorney in Atlanta. Bravo SAID SO."

ETA: I'm fairly certain this is evil but I love that the one thing Phaedra can't sell is that she had no idea about Apollo's true character. She's just smart enough where everyone is like no really he's a professional fraud repeat offender, you knew this was never gonna end well.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 9

Kandi doesn't know where Manilla is. Put her in school with Porsha.

Leon!!!!!! Leon is going to be in Kenya's production/pilot/whatever. Yay to more Leon!!

Too bad it may never see the light of day.
  • Love 1

Why is Nene's house so vacant looking? Why is her hair a disaster, specially that Bride of Frankenstein number she was wearing in some flashback tonight holy crap. Why does what'shernames hair keep getting longer and shorter?  When did Nene ever apologise? I honestly an asking, not just snarking on her, I don't remember her ever doing it for real.

Why do I watch this?

• Love 3

Leon!!!!!! Leon is going to be in Kenya's production/pilot/whatever. Yay to more Leon!!

I on the other hand am very disappointed that he would even agree to appear in anything produced by Kenya.  Leon!  Don't jeopardize your career this way!!!  :-(

I think it was all kinds of wrong for Dr. Jeff to bring up Phaedra's issue with Kandi without Phaedra there to give her side on it.  Very unprofessional.  If Phaedra isn't there it's because she exercised her right not to participate and should have had her decision respected.  It made my respect for Dr. Jeff go down even further on top of the fact that he's one of those tv famewhore doctors.

Love how production pulled out the video evidence to show how Kenya (who has the nerve to say Porsha is a history revisionist) is a history revisionist her damned self. They showed Porsha clearly apologizing for calling Kenya Miss America at the same time Kenya was telling the Dr. that Porsha didn't apologize.  LOVE IT!!!  I wish they would do that every time these idiots try to change how things really happened the whole time knowing that it was caught on tape for prosperity. 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 7

I'm totally using I have two feet and a car that works anytime I want to leave somewhere early.

Reminds me of my favourite line from Just Shoot Me-- "I just remembered you're boring and my legs work".

This episode was kind of boring.

Kenya's sitcom sounds stupid, but there are a lot of channels on the dial looking for original programming.

Claudia looks beautiful with the ebony hair. I really like the TH with the 60s-style ponytail.

I hate the colour of Cynthia's hair, but I do like that she shortened it.

• Love 1

This used to be one of my favorite shows.  I think I watched a total of maybe 5 minutes.

The show has jumped the shark.  Actually, watching the Fonz jump the shark was more interesting.  

• Love 10

Phaedra is being counseled by what appears to be woman at least 15 years younger than her?  Is this another of Bravo's cross promotional things? 

Ends up happening a lot in church circles if you're someone of "import", like, choir director, pastor's daughter, etc etc etc.

Was Claudia really drinking white wine/champagne during a therapy session?!?  When did that become an okay thing to do?

Also, I know this is mostly from last week, but when Dr. Jeff chased Nene out to her car, did he really think that saying her name ten thousand times was an effective communication technique?  "NeNe! NeNe! NeNe! NeNe! NeNe!"  He totally reminded me of this guy:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fZIX7cPmFYc

Walk-on-the-Wild-Side.jpg

He also once again reinforced my opinion of shrinks who agree to do their business on reality shows by letting himself be used by production to "urge the girls to go on a trip and settle their issues."  Bravo is running thin on pretexts for these forced excursions, apparently.

• Love 10

Kenya needs to stop playing herself.  She knows good and damn well Life Twirls On ain't happening. Stop freaking out as if some network exec was there to potentially option that bullshit for a pilot.

Bravo optioned Millionaire Matchmaker and Newlyweds The First Year......

He also once again reinforced my opinion of shrinks who agree to do their business on reality shows by letting himself be used by production to "urge the girls to go on a trip and settle their issues."  Bravo is running thin on pretexts for these forced excursions, apparently.

I am tired of these excursions to hell.  It seems to me that they would get along better if they stop vacationing together.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 3

I think this episode was fine. I'm GLAD they were able to discuss things without getting ignorant and loud.

Another made up reason for a forced trips just to get them all together? Really.

I don't think the show has jumped the shark. I think producers have run if off the rails with the constant conflict.

I get that it can be a fine line to balance.

On one hand viewers say there's too much arguing and acting ignorant....on the other say say the show is boring if there isn't a lot of that kind of nonsense going on. They say "nothing happened" in this episode. Well the truth is thatMOST of the time especially in the lives of people of means -- there's ISN"T a lot going on.

Apparently drama = ratings...and more drama = more ratings.

Would people watch is there WERE NOT this drama all the time?

IS there a way to capture people's INTEREST to watch the show, without the catty, petty, BS these women seem to always get into?

Would you want to see normal friendships of people who get along, or would you say that's boring? You can't have it both ways.

If they just went shopping, and took trips where they saw the sights would people tune in?....

• Love 6

I am tired of these excursions to hell. It seems to me that they would get along better if they stop vacationing together.

Seriously. I don't even like vacationing with some of my *friends*, let alone women who I have regular confrontations with.

• Love 7

I just have to say I fault both Phaedra and Kandi for the strain in their relationship. Even after they spoke in person and seemed to have resolved their issues, they haven't spoken since? Hmph.

Edited by lovetowrite73
  • Love 2

Kandi threw up her hands and said "She's not tried to get in touch with me!" Wasn't that the problem to start with, YOU, Kandi, not being the one to call? It's like watching two little girls fighting over who gets invited to the party.

• Love 2

I just have to say I fault both Phaedra and Kandi for the strain in their relationship. Even after they spoke in person and seemed to have resolved their issues, they haven't spoken since? Hmph.

Phaedra stated that she made several attempts to contact Kandi but Kandi is not speaking to her.

My take on this week’s (YAWN) episode:

I have to just get my two bits out about that dang Dr Jeff.  What a sharleton.  Group therapy 101 is don’t allow other group members to gang up on one of the members.  Do not talk about the group members who are not in attendance.  If a group member is attempting to make a point, do not cut her off.  He did all of this and more.  I feel he only saw this session as just reality show entertainment and forgot this session was still about people’s lives.  It shouldn’t have been taken lightly or allowed to freefall llike it did.  My other problem is his counciling Claudia over the phone, knowing virtually nothing about her and asking her to chair a group session in another country?  My psych teachers have to be spinning in their graves.

Cynthia just cannot stop talking about NENE!!!  It is all the time, every day thing with her.  Every second sentence out of her mouth is about Nene.  Enough already!!

Kandi is just a massive mess and actually don’t recognize when she is being manipulated.  I guess all that time her mother has manipulated made her blind to others doing the same thing.  It was like seeing a cult indoctrinating a victim into their grasp where after the three listened to Kandi bitch about her problems with Nene, they just moved in and basically stalking her.  And she has no idea. 

As for her “friendship” with Phaedra, she appears to be more upset that Nene stepped in and Phaedra possibly told her something about Kandi than Kandi being even the slightest bit concerned about her friend’s state of mind or what she has gone through.  Kandi is showing a lot of jealousy towards Nene and only because Nene tried to wake her up to the fact that her “friend” needs her right now.

I kind of felt bad for Phaedra having to seek support elsewhere but she did find someone who shares her problems and have gone through exactly what she is going through right now.  Kandi did sow the seeds of doubt about having Nene as a confidant but Phaedra really needs everyone who will support her right now.  It is also obvious that she might not have sought divorce if Apollo didn’t tell her he wanted it.

Kenya is the most phony and insincere person I have ever seen.  How she could just barefaced lie about what happened in Puerto Rico with everyone right there just baffles me…oh..wait, that is her coven and now Kandi is a member so she thought she could just say anything.  That was the only thing I can give Jeff for calling BS on that and her crappy apology.  Her recent tweets show that apology was just smoke blowing in the wind

Claudia still seems to just need Porsha to be her friend.  Porsha did relent for the trip (probably forced) but I don’t see them ever being friends.  Once again we heard her tale of woe about being bullied when she was little.  She also is no longer biracial but black?  Interesting.

Petra and Cynthia couldn’t wait to kiki with Kandi about Nene.  That session is over and she even said it was productive so why bring Nene up at all?  Petra and Cynthia were like to gossip hens trying to get the dirt on their favorite stalking victim.

Porsha once again was the voice of reason at the session and she was pretty much shut down by Jeff.

Nene is so obviously over the entire group right now.  I had to agree with her that Jeff did not properly run a group therapy session even after she left.  He still had them talking about Nene.

I forgot!  Talking about acting whorish;  TEABAGGING?!?  The fact they thought that was funny was just totally disgusting

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 6

I actually liked that the show showed reconciliation. But the doc suggesting another "vacation" is ridiculous.

Fer sure. That was so ridiculous but I guess they needed a narrative...

Where was their session held? It looked like a hotel conference room. Why not at his office?

I know Bravo makes ridiculous offers to these "professionals" to appear, but what price is worth your reputation? It looked like they were in a hotel, he probably held it there because that's what Bravo does. Rents out a hotel suite (pajama fiasco) or this room for the therapy session. They live in houses big enough to accomodate everyone, but that would look even less professional, I guess. I could tell a LOT was edited out as we were getting only snippets of what was said.

• Love 5

Oh Gosh!!  I forgot about the CHAMPAGNE!!!  NO therapy session would allow alcohol to be served as it would impair the thought processes of the group members.   This session is SO BOGUS!!  Nene is right, he SHOULD lose his license!!

• Love 1

Was there anyone that thought for a second that Phaedra's pre-nup wasn't iron-clad?  Apollo may be pretty but he's not that pretty and Phaedra's no fool.

But the whole meeting with lawyer was just so Phaedra could get her side of the story out in front of the cameras anyway.

While Kandi is the last person that should accuse others of kissing someone's a** (see: Mama Joyce), she was right in that respect - they don't need to continually feed the ego that is Nene.   They all did better once the Queen left and frankly, the show was more enjoyable to me since there was so little of Nene after she walked out.

Yes, Nene, we all know you are the stepmother in Cinderella.  On Broadway in case anyone forgot.  Oh, and she has the most speaking lines of anyone in the play. On Broadway.

• Love 8

Yes, Nene, we all know you are the stepmother in Cinderella.  On Broadway in case anyone forgot.  Oh, and she has the most speaking lines of anyone in the play. On Broadway.

Nene is going to be on Broadway? I must have missed her mentioning it every damn week. I had to laugh at Nene's comment about having more speaking lines than anyone else. I love a good musical, but have never seen Cinderella, but I would imagine that the actress playing Cinderella has a good chunk of speaking lines and songs. Of course Nene thinks that she is the most important character in a show titled Cinderella.

• Love 6

I think it was all kinds of wrong for Dr. Jeff to bring up Phaedra's issue with Kandi without Phaedra there to give her side on it.  Very unprofessional.  If Phaedra isn't there it's because she exercised her right not to participate and should have had her decision respected.  It made my respect for Dr. Jeff go down even further on top of the fact that he's one of those tv famewhore doctors.

That is just one of the myriad of problems I have with this man.  The minute he walks back into the room after chasing Nene down like she was an ice cream truck, he then spends the next 10 minutes asking each of the women how they feel about her leaving.  WTF?  She's gone!  Who cares!  Move on!

Phaedra is being counseled by what appears to be woman at least 15 years younger than her?  Is this another of Bravo's cross promotional things? 

Who cares how old she is?  If she has the experience behind what she's saying I see no issue with it.  Phaedra seems to be having real issues with the church looking down on her.  Seems the woman she was speaking to had issues with that as well.  And to be honest, Phaedra sounds like she needs all the support she can get right now.  Not only is she pissed off at Apollo but she's pissed off at herself for getting taken.  Phaedra, like me, prides herself on being a very smart woman who can see through people's bullshit.  She missed it with him and even dismissed those telling her to move away from him.  I can bet she's more pissed at herself for that then she is with Apollo for anything he's done.

Kandi threw up her hands and said "She's not tried to get in touch with me!" Wasn't that the problem to start with, YOU, Kandi, not being the one to call? It's like watching two little girls fighting over who gets invited to the party.

I hate, hate, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE this excuse for things.  The phone works both ways, Kandi.  You have something to say? Then call her and say it.  Jesus.

• Love 2

Phaedra seems to be having real issues with the church looking down on her. 

Not only is she pissed off at Apollo but she's pissed off at herself for getting taken.

That, to me, sums up exactly what Phaedra is upset about. I don't think she's upset Apollo is gone and out of her life, I think she's probably grateful for that. But it's what other people think that is bugging her to death.

Woman, hold your head up high and stop with all the petty back-and-forth bullshit. Get on with your life and concentrate on those little boys, who need you now more than ever.

• Love 5