Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Amster-Damn Slap

• Start Topic

I've lived in the U.S. my whole life.  Watched Love Boat every week and will still snap to attention whenever a rerun is on.  And I still don't know what Brandi meant when she was talking about Julie McCoy kisses.

I think when Brandi was in the bathroom she took a little hit of something because her behavior was bizarre in that scene.

Oh, thank you for reminding me. I was thinking the same thing. Julie McCoy didn't go around giving kisses to people on the ship. The times she did was when she had a boyfriend or was re-connected with an old boyfriend. It wasn't her job to go around giving passengers kisses. WTF? Doctor Adam "Doc" Bricker, on the other hand...

Brandi indeed was acting bizarre. It is why I find it absurd myself, that this scene was staged or scripted in any way. Brandi was out of control and was borderline psycho.  I thought at first she seemed drunk, but after reviewing that scene, I am guessing some kind of drug, whether it is prescribed to her or not. I honestly expected her to mention in her blog that she was drunk on her ass during that moment when she harassed and slapped LisaV. She didn't even use that as an excuse, which leads me to think she was drugged up, but she won't admit to doing that. Not that she wouldn't do such a thing if she were sober, I still think she would go to that level.  Remember, her lawyer and Eddie's lawyer are watching. She won't admit to being drunk or drugged up.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10

The idea that Lisa would rehearse a scene where she's the one getting slapped seems completely out of character for her to me. I just can't see her playing along with that. Furthermore, as has already been mentioned by another poster, Brandi was apologetic as though she knew she'd done something wrong. To me this doesn't go along with it all having been planned and rehearsed and I feel like Brandi would be a lot more defiant about what she'd done instead of baldly stating that she fucked up. Sure, she makes a bunch of excuses for herself and tries to dump a large amount of the blame on Lisa but she was mainly trying to explain what was going on in her foolish head when she went in for the slap and that also suggests to me that it wasn't planned and that it was something that Brandi just came up with for attention and as with the wine throwing incident it backfired spectacularly with most viewers being disgusted by her warped sense of humor. 

• Love 9

I'm still mystified by their reactions to their drugs. If, as has been speculated, Brandi added benzos to her booze, she'd be passed out asleep, not grappling with Lisa V. (And Kim, who's admittedly swapped alcohol for opiates, should be nodding off like a heroin addict.)

I am as well, but for different reasons.  I mean, I agree that typically benzos slow a person down, not wind them up, but reactions are dependent on so many factors and some benzos side effects include agitation, anxiety and insomnia, etc.  It takes a lot to knock me on my ass, but for my roommate, like a 1/4 mg Ativan would put him out for like 12 hours. lol  Some people react the complete opposite to the common drug effects, too. 

What I'm mystified about is how someone like Brandi or Kim can drink like a drunk ass fish and pop pills so regularly and still 1) have no awareness of how they react to these things, and 2) have such seemingly low tolerance that one one hundred percent pain pill or a benzo would cause them to become completely wasted.  Brandi really cannot handle these things and I think she just needs to quit before she shows her ass again. 

• Love 4

I actually thought it was pretty comical because I don't believe any of this stuff is real. Now Lisa and Kristen have something in common. This is the kind of stuff that Bravo is made of.

rhobh-slap.gif?w=584

stassi-schroeder-hits-kristen-doute.gif.

Beverly Hills doesn't have a patent on the on-screen fighting, Atlanta holds up their end

tumblr_n4dyo2Jthv1ql5yr7o1_250.gif

Tune in next week, 'See What Crappens Next'

• Love 5

We need a thread just for gifs, photos and all of this. :-)  I have to hand it to you, these are great.

Thank you. I enjoy making them and these women make it so easy. :)

• Love 2

I'm still mystified by their reactions to their drugs. If, as has been speculated, Brandi added benzos to her booze, she'd be passed out asleep, not grappling with Lisa V. (And Kim, who's admittedly swapped alcohol for opiates, should be nodding off like a heroin addict.)

Re: "The Slap" - Twenty years ago, the "OG" of reality shows, The Real World, had a violence clause that any cast member who laid a hand on someone else was immediately removed and fired. These days physical altercations on reality shows are de rigeur.

I don't necessarily think Brandi would be passed out, it would depend on the amount (and frequency) she took the medication. I believe with xananx one would build up a tolerance. As far as Kim goes, I have wondered since Poker Night why she wasn't completely passed out. I don't have personal knowledge of cancer meds, but I have had typical pain meds and they have never, ever made me aggressive, just tired.

• Love 6

The most important question regarding The Slap, what brand and color nail polish was Lisa wearing?

I have to say, the BH women have brought a good manicure game this season, I've particularly noticed Yolanda and Kim's nails.

I agree...I love that they are not afraid to use color...I really liked a lot of the dark colors Yolanda uses.

Re: "The Slap" - Twenty years ago, the "OG" of reality shows, The Real World, had a violence clause that any cast member who laid a hand on someone else was immediately removed and fired. These days physical altercations on reality shows are de rigeur.

I believe it's just a question of tolerance.

Kim is most definitely not opiate-naive and Brandi has apparently been using Xanax for quite some time.

Probably take a horse-sized dose to knock these bitches out with opiates and/or benzos.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 10

I actually thought it was pretty comical because I don't believe any of this stuff is real. Now Lisa and Kristen have something in common. This is the kind of stuff that Bravo is made of.

rhobh-slap.gif?w=584

stassi-schroeder-hits-kristen-doute.gif.

Beverly Hills doesn't have a patent on the on-screen fighting, Atlanta holds up their end

tumblr_n4dyo2Jthv1ql5yr7o1_250.gif

Tune in next week, 'See What Crappens Next'

[snip]

I still think Brandi should be fired for what she did in this episode but I'm concerned that Bravo's past tolerance for this sort of thing will amount to giving her yet another get of jail free card. 

One notable difference between the two above incidents are how the other Housewives feel about them. Most of the women on ATL more or less thought that Kenya had it coming whereas all of the women save possibly Kim are ready to side with Lisa. Maybe that'll be the difference in whether or not Brandi is cut from the show? 

Edited by cooksdelight
Removing non-episode talk
  • Love 5

Eh, this is the type of thing I think about myself in museums as well, that I have nothing intelligent to say and and probably pretty ignorant of a lot of the culture and history, but I still like going to them. I've never been to a museum where the comments weren't exactly on this level, unless the person speaking happened to be giving a tour or be an art expert. People don't come to a museum with something to offer, they're just looking at things that other people had to offer. Kyle's comments, as low brow as they are, read like perfectly sincere comments on her part to me. She has no idea how to paint a shadow (iow, she's looking at how the artist is using color to create the illusion of light!) and she doesn't connect to some picture of a bird that's not done realistically but probably in a style that makes it look primitive. I'll bet she probably saw some pictures she liked and maybe bought a post card. She's still talking about the paintings so she's looking at them.

It's like when she went to David's party and was honestly enthusiastic about his music and the memories she had of it and was impressed with his grammys. I think she did want to go to the museum and enjoyed it in her openly unsophisticated way.

That large painting that Eileen and Kyle were standing in front of and commenting about the clothing is 'The Night Watch'.  It's enormous and occupies an entire room by itself.  There are multiple signs throughout the museum that say, 'this way to The Night Watch'  It's really impressive.  

I've been to Amsterdam and it's a lovely city.  I'd love to go back, given the chance.

I go to lots of museums when I travel and always make comments about the art I see there.  There's a museum, also in Amsterdam, that's full of modern art.  Oy, you should have heard the things I said.  Thankfully, no cameras.

But, hey, it's art to someone, right? 

• Love 13

Yeah, I take Xanax and it's notorious for building a tolerance. But like you guys are saying, neither benzos or opiates should cause this level of aggression. That's why I cannot WAIT for Brandi to turn on Kim and tell the world what she's *actually* taking! Then Kim will do the same to Brandi, and it'll be mutually assured destruction.

ETA: I don't think *any* producer could've come up with, "And now you'll re-enact The Love Boat!" Because it's asinine.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 10

I was especially unimpressed with the comments made by Kyle during the 'cultural' visit to the Rembrandt museum. She had nothing to offer other than low-brow comments throughout their tour of the museum. "wow imagine being able to paint a shadow like that" and "I think even I can paint a bird better".  It was obvious that culture and history have no significance for Kyle. I'm sure she wished she was shopping for dildos with the others instead of staring at old paintings of dead people.

I did think Kyle and Eileen were very funny in the museum, though, when they were commenting on the clothes shown in the paintings.  That, to me, was a normal conversation between two girl friends looking at art and talking about the artwork.  

• Love 21

Probably take a horse-sized dose to knock these bitches out with opiates and/or benzos.

Speaking of horse-sized...

It's sad that when they showed footage of the dealdoes at the the Amsterdam sex toy shop, my automatic response was "Not another Bedroom Kandi product placement!"

• Love 13

Brandi could be on Opiates. Opiates are known to make users scratch/itch the skin. In the end, Brandi seems to love experimenting with drugs across the board. Doesn't matter what they are. She even "jokingly" claimed to have used coke And with her history as a model that usually is the drug of choice for a lot of models. Plus she was real quick to say Kim was using meth back on game night, again I believe shes done it herself.

• Love 7

That large painting that Eileen and Kyle were standing in front of and commenting about the clothing is 'The Night Watch'.  It's enormous and occupies an entire room by itself.  There are multiple signs throughout the museum that say, 'this way to The Night Watch'  It's really impressive.  

I've been to Amsterdam and it's a lovely city.  I'd love to go back, given the chance.

I go to lots of museums when I travel and always make comments about the art I see there.  There's a museum, also in Amsterdam, that's full of modern art.  Oy, you should have heard the things I said.  Thankfully, no cameras.

But, hey, it's art to someone, right? 

I'm glad Kyle went, with more exposure she'll learn. I don't mind her comments, I've made a few myself about modern art in the beginning but I learned to appreciate some aspects of it from going to museums.

Two of my friends and I play a game when we visit museums. As we got through each room we take turns choosing a piece we would want in our home. We made a rule that we can't pick the floor, ceiling or window if we don't like any of it. One time a guard over heard us and asked what it was all about. He must have over heard us say....

"I'll take that one. You're next this time."

"Ok, I'll take that one. And you"

"I'll take this one"

My refrigerator is my own personal museum. I've got dozens and dozens of art magnets from all over in a rotating exhibit.

• Love 9

I was especially unimpressed with the comments made by Kyle during the 'cultural' visit to the Rembrandt museum. She had nothing to offer other than low-brow comments throughout their tour of the museum. "wow imagine being able to paint a shadow like that" and "I think even I can paint a bird better".  It was obvious that culture and history have no significance for Kyle. I'm sure she wished she was shopping for dildos with the others instead of staring at old paintings of dead people.

I give credit to Kyle for at least going to the museum with Eileen.  The rest of them went shopping.  In this day and age, there's not much that you can't buy online or in a decent size city, than you can in most foreign countries.  Wow, lingerie and dildos.  How special.   Of course, there's the editing thing too.  We didn't hear Eileen say much of anything remarkable either.  The powers that be are going for the 'story'.  I take it with a grain of salt.

• Love 10

One good thing about this episode I got to see a brief glimpse of one of my favorite paintings.. Vermeer's Milkmaid.

vermeer-milkmaid.jpg

Have you seen the movie/documentary Tim's Vermeer?  If not, please watch.  Amazing.  A very wealthy man takes on the challenge of painting this picture. 

• Love 4

I found the whole laughing and giggling in the sex shop fake and forced. There were acting like teenagers that have never seen a dildo or nipple pasties before. These women have seen and done it ALL They aren't uninformed, innocent 16 year old girls. The playing with the dildos and sexy bras and other objects and laughing about it all was almost embarrassingly phony. Wasn't there another episode in previous years where they were all giggling over dildos, glass ones? I'll bet each of those women have a drawer filled with assorted sex toys. Please, don't insult our intelligence by play-acting over the frivolous things in the lingerie shop. I almost thought the four of them who were screaming maniacs just the night before, were going to break out in unison singing Kumbaya as they all held hands and swayed.

• Love 2

Given the choice, if I were in an art museum, I would infinitely prefer listening to Kyle's comments than to some self-impressed asshole who makes sure everyone within earshot hears him/her regurgitate critiques of the pieces on display.

Yes!  I saw nothing wrong with Kyle's comments.  You don't need to be an artist or a collector to go to museums, and part of the experience of it, imo, is enjoying yourself while you learn.  An ex bf of mine is an artist and he knows his shit but when we'd go to museums he'd roll his eyes so hard when we'd overhear someone "Arting" to whomever they were with because it sounds ridiculous.   

• Love 21

Is that why Brandi's face looks like it does?  

That still doesn't explain her hair this season.  Always looks horrible, dirty and stringy. 

What happens if they keep Brandi on the show, and the other women ONLY film w/her when absolutely necessary, and then ignore her.   I always got the impression that Kyle fought for Kim to be on the show, I seriously doubt that will be the case anymore.    Also, just curious who initiated the Brandi/Kim friendship?  Do you think Brandi, knowing she burned so many bridges last season, called Kim so there was somebody that would actually talk with her??

• Love 2

I felt that Eileen got the worse of the deal in this episode. She basically backed up Lisa Rinna against Kim. She and Kim had some hateful words together. As she told Kyle after their museum trip, Lisa Rinna was adamant she swore she would never again speak to Kim and she thought that Lisa Rinna should have included herself and Kyle when she did speak to Kim. "as it is now, Kyle and I are on the outs". She's right about this. LisaR left her high and dry and saved herself. Lisa Rinna is out for herself and even Eileen, who had her back with Kim, wasn't more important. She delicately brought that up to LisaR. Lisa gave her a big bullshit runaround excuse that confused Eileen and was contrary to what Lisa Rinna said about Kim just the night before.

Eileen told Lisa "I had your back" to which Lisa replies 'but I have YOUR back'. Lisa Rinna is not a person that can be trusted. She's out totally for herself and how she looks to everyone.. Eileen has learned a hard lesson.

arrow.jpg

Sorry, I just read all that I typed and it sounded a little like gobblygook. Point is, Eileen was thrown under the bus.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 4

Eh, this is the type of thing I think about myself in museums as well, that I have nothing intelligent to say and and probably pretty ignorant of a lot of the culture and history, but I still like going to them. I've never been to a museum where the comments weren't exactly on this level, unless the person speaking happened to be giving a tour or be an art expert. People don't come to a museum with something to offer, they're just looking at things that other people had to offer. Kyle's comments, as low brow as they are, read like perfectly sincere comments on her part to me. She has no idea how to paint a shadow (iow, she's looking at how the artist is using color to create the illusion of light!) and she doesn't connect to some picture of a bird that's not done realistically but probably in a style that makes it look primitive. I'll bet she probably saw some pictures she liked and maybe bought a post card. She's still talking about the paintings so she's looking at them.

It's like when she went to David's party and was honestly enthusiastic about his music and the memories she had of it and was impressed with his grammys. I think she did want to go to the museum and enjoyed it in her openly unsophisticated way.

Agree with this.  Wasn't it Kyle's idea to go the museum, anyways?

I think Kyle enjoyed the museum, just like she enjoyed the sights in Spain. Kyle and Eileen's comments were something I could relate to.

Brandi comparing herself to Julie McCoy - the actress who played her, also had an addiction.

Any unwelcome contact, be it a slap in the face or a "minor" slap on the ass makes the strongest woman feel vulnerable and embarrassed.  Too imply that a woman feeling this way is somehow weak or unstable is incredibly insulting. I believe Lisa 100% because I know myself to be a pretty strong woman, and I had something similar happen to me. What Lisa described in her blog is exactly how I felt. Either she read several accounts from other women before writing her blog or she was being honest.

I'll go with honest. That shit ain't funny, and women aren't weak or unstable for feeling vulnerable in that situation.

Hot damn! *applause* Edited by thewhiteowl
  • Love 10

One more thing I wanted to say about the slap. From personal experience other than humiliated, the recipient will also feel demeaned and vulnerable. And to the recipient, it doesn't matter how hard the slap is, because it is in the face it sounds louder than it actually was and feels stronger than it actually was. I really wish I was better at explaining how it feels when it happens to you regardless of the circumstances. I guess best way to describe it is to say that short of getting physical  or violent herself, I don't think there is any thing Lisa could do  or say that I would consider overreaction to this incident. 

I've had personal experience too, and I think you explained it very well.

Honestly, just reading what you wrote brought tears to my eyes - and memories too.  Being slapped like that is a terrible thing, and takes a huge emotional toll.  I'm so sorry it happened to you.  And to me.  And to everyone who has experienced it.

This was not a playful punch on the arm that was harder than intended.  This was not two women jokingly pushing each other out of the way. This was Brandi using her physical presence and fucked-up mind to assault another human being in a demeaning & degrading way, all in the name of "fun".  With, of course, not a crumb of remorse afterward.

I've read a lot of posts here about Brandi being a mean drunk, and I certainly agree.  But I think she's a mean & nasty person whether she's drinking or not.  I've never had one moment of feeling sorry for her or giving her the benefit of the doubt.  I don't care if she's like this because of her upbringing, because of Eddie, because of alcohol, because she's insecure, or because the moon is made of green cheese.  This is who she is -  and she's proud of it!  She herself has said that she will never change, so this is who she always will be.  I find that to be a really scary thought, so I would like her off my TV so I never have to think about her again.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 24

This is my final comment on this episode, I promise.

It was the scene where they were all seated eating and it was Brandi who suggested they all go around the table and say something nice about each other. One by one they offered up moving and emotional nice things to each other. Except Brandi couldn't do that. She gave compliments on their looks. As she said ""their insides aren't as pretty as their outsides and I couldn't find anything good to say about them". But when it came to Kim, she said something moving and from the heart; "you're just a ray of sunshine, all fucked up and I love every second of it, you know? You and I were not supposed to be friends, and we're friends for some fucked up reason. I think you're beautiful and you have a great future".

When it came to the point when others had to say something nice about Brandi, she called off the game, she didn't want to hear because she knew they'd be lying to her face if they said anything nice. As Yolanda observed. "If you can't hear someone say something beautiful about yourself, maybe you don't feel worthy of that."

• Love 3

I give credit to Kyle for at least going to the museum with Eileen.  The rest of them went shopping.

And appreciated some of the city's beautiful architecture on the walk there. I'd much rather explore or do something cultural than shop, which you can do anywhere. What a waste! Of course, they managed to waste a canal cruise, too.

• Love 8

It doesn't matter how strong or stable a person is. If they have been slapped they have an after effect whether it is to get angry or get upset or stand there in shock. It is human behavior. 

When someone slaps you in the face, not only does everything crystallize in that moment. You can physically feel all of your humiliation and vulnerability radiate from the point of impact. As your face gets heated with embarrassment or anger, your mind tries to make sense of what just happened. Her description of her reaction was spot on IMO. It is exactly the way I felt when it happened to me. So, I will agree to disagree that this was minor and that Lisa experienced no after effect. 

I agree with you 100% again.  I think that only those of us who have been slapped like that can really understand the emotional impact that it has.  The uncontrollable tears, the shock, the heat, the humiliation - It's really truly awful.

It didn't look like much on camera, but it feels a whole lot different when someone's hand is slapping you across the face.   It set off some really bad memories for me just seeing it, and again when I read posts here as well as Lisa's blog.

Lisa V is a very strong woman, but there's no doubt in my mind that she felt all the things she said she did and that it's probably still upsetting to her.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 6

Why would she say that and what does it mean or imply? Is it that Harry and Lisa don't have sex anymore? Why? Because he's cheating or because he can't or doesn't want to? It was a strange comment to make and even stranger coming from Yolanda.

I think Kim was possibly referring to an old rumor that Hamlin was gay (which started when he played a gay man back in the early eighties in a movie called "Making Love" -- it likely killed his film career). Whatever the meaning of the dig, Yo laughed; charming. 

I thought Brandi had a weird little moment with Kim last night. When the women left the table, and Kim started her

creaky-voiced crying (which I hate the look and sound of -- always feels more like she's leaking self pity than real

tears) at that point, Brandi looked at Kim with..not quite contempt, but something unpleasant and borderline impatient

(as if saying, “I do all this for you – and this is the thanks I get? More whining about fighting?”)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

She has made many verbal threats where she has threatened to "kill' or other wise go after some of the other girls.

This reminds me of when Brandi told Kyle (I think it was at the gay mixer) that she would knock her teeth out.  And Kyle said something like, "And you would - You're that kind of girl".

Yes, she is.

(What kind of person even thinks to make a threat like that?  I've been plenty mad, but my mind just does not go there.)

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 5

For some reason all the women quietly getting up one by one and sitting down to dinner with the sounds of yet another Brandi/Kim/Kyle screaming match melee in the background made me laugh harder than anything has on this show all season. Such a cluster fuck, what else can you do, but just start dinner and pray to baby Jesus to fix it?

Oh and all of a sudden Kyle can't be fake nice? Puuuuhlease! It's "Ignore it until it goes away" the Richard's family crest?

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 5

I don't care what she wrote. I don't believe it. She is much stronger and more stable than that.

Yeah I tend to agree with this.  If anything, Lisa was offended and pissed off, not deeply disturbed.  LisaV is not a dummy and she's currently signed  on to play against Brandi, however disgusting and pathological Brandi may be.   I don't buy that this 'event' in anything more than a reality-TV feigned event, which is fine, it's why I watch. The only thing that makes me reconsider are Lisa's passive/avoidant tendencies, which may mean she is more disturbed and vulnerable, at any one time, than she lets on. It's hard to say.

Laughed my ass off when Kim told VP how hurt she was that Kyle could be friends with people who'd been so mean to her. Holy shitballs, ZERO self-awareness. Look to your left, Kimmie! No one has been worse to your sister than VP, and yet you defend her to the death. Oh and Kim, you've still never apologized to Kyle for spewing crap like "Kathy's a better sister" and "she (VP) defends me more than you do." Maybe that's why she's hanging out with other people, you dumb twat.

Call me mean, but I will be laughing harder than this next week when she finds out Brandi has been using her for a storyline and as her paycheck.  I hope once Kyle has compared all her notes with Lisa R she tells Kim, Brandi's claim that Kim is suicidal and that's when we get the "You're lying" reaction from Kimsley.  That would be good TV.

• Love 9

Call me mean, but I will be laughing harder than this next week when she finds out Brandi has been using her for a storyline and as her paycheck.  I hope once Kyle has compared all her notes with Lisa R she tells Kim, Brandi's claim that Kim is suicidal and that's when we get the "You're lying" reaction from Kimsley.  That would be good TV.

Good TV would be Kim going Kingsley on Tammy Tampon's ass. That would be a nasty fight. I'd love to see them take each other down and knock each other out and off the show.

• Love 4

The scene at the museum was so brief and I appreciated the fact they let Bravo film the actual paintings.  For some reason I wasn't expecting a serious art discussion from either Kyle or Eileen.  I noticed the paintings that Eileen painted in her home so I do think it was logical choice to an art museum instead of the sex museum in Amsterdam.

I feel like Margaret Meade when I watch Brandi and she could just as well be speaking an African clicking language. I just DO NOT get her at all. I think for sure she has a personality disorder (borderline?) because she definetly experiences and perceives the world differently then most. Even when I've really disliked one of the housewives For one reason or other I always felt like I understood what made them tick. Although Jellybean Kelly left me scratching my head a lot . I guess I don't speak model.

Brandi is still stuck on the fact that she can't believe that when she acts out the other women comment on her behavior and they chastise and ostracize her for speaking her mind about them.  When I read her blogs she clearly has a different experience than the viewers.  This thing she is focused on about Kyle's hands when she is talking and now claims it is the same as hitting? Brandi is a freaking albatross that just looms over the shorter women and the intimidation is very real.  Couple her presence with a few, "I will knock your fucking teeth out, or I will fucking kill you," and her presence is menacing.  Brandi is well aware of this and this why she does it.  What makes her a bit sick to me, is she measures the standards of a man by whether or not they will "knock someone's teeth out", for speaking ill of her.  I pity her sons if these are her expectations.

To me, when Brandi speaks her mind about another it is usually an opinion not necessarily an observation of another's actions.  When Brandi made the accusation about Kyle being happy if Kim failed in her sobriety, or Kyle can't stand to see Kim excel at something because Kyle was not a good actress, or Joyce is always competing, she really expects that anyone wants to listen to her comments?  All I see when I see Brandi is this alpha creature that came onto this show as an outside character and has really clawed and bullied her way to the center of attention.   Brandi has not learned to play well with others and thought this championing Kim campaign was her ticket to center stage.  Lisar bought into it but not without a big push from Brandi to keep her engaged.

I can't see them reshooting the scene if the glass didn't break. It would just be another awkward moment and they'd still keep the scene because the words, body language, and water throwing were just as intense. 

I could see the camera zeroing in on the glass that miraculously managed to stay intact sort of like how the cameras zoomed in on the pizza that Brandi threw to the ground at Eileen's. 

I can see adding things like sound effects after the fact but I don't think it was a prop glass. JMO.

The idea that Lisa would rehearse a scene where she's the one getting slapped seems completely out of character for her to me. I just can't see her playing along with that. Furthermore, as has already been mentioned by another poster, Brandi was apologetic as though she knew she'd done something wrong. To me this doesn't go along with it all having been planned and rehearsed and I feel like Brandi would be a lot more defiant about what she'd done instead of baldly stating that she fucked up. Sure, she makes a bunch of excuses for herself and tries to dump a large amount of the blame on Lisa but she was mainly trying to explain what was going on in her foolish head when she went in for the slap and that also suggests to me that it wasn't planned and that it was something that Brandi just came up with for attention and as with the wine throwing incident it backfired spectacularly with most viewers being disgusted by her warped sense of humor. 

The slap was just another example of intoxicated Brandi thinking she knows what to do to get screen time.  She does not stop and think what the short or long term ramifications are.  Brandi relies on Lisa having been warned by her mother that Brandi is volatile but she quickly gets over it.  As if Lisa or any other sane person really cares what their assailant or offender recovery time is after their verbal or physical attack.  For some reason Brandi believes the others owe her their dignity and reputation so she can make an easy living to support HER children.  

I loved watching Mauricio trying to do laundry.  I was yelling at him to take out the white and pink clothes.  This is why I watch RHOBH, if I want ugliness I can watch Mob Wives.

Me too.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 10

So, if they were acting does that mean that they have an acting coach on set and have taken classes on physical acting so they know how to not actually hit the other actor?  I guess I pretty much see what happens on screen as generally real, aside from the usual and obvious show-influenced stuff.

I think it is real....bravo has gathered together people, who imo have been carefully selected for their potential to really "mix it up" with the others because either they are strong and assertive or have "personality quirks" that will eventually bring on some kind of drama.
  • Love 8

I don't think Brandi slapping Lisa was fake.  ONLY because Lisa is so angry now.  If she wasn't, I'd say 'fake' because there's enough evidence online to prove that some of what they film is.  To me, the slap looked fake.  But now I don't think it was and it only looked that way because Brandi hesitated.

Some of their tears, real, some are fake imo.  One thing I do know is that Bravo doesn't expect the average viewer to look behind the scenes or analyze this show as much as we do.  They want us to swallow it all, hook, line and sinker.

Edited by cooksdelight
removing non-episode talk
  • Love 1

She is in no way required to stand down or to cower in fear if someone shorter than her is threatening her.  That said, she wasn't being threatened in that instance.  I think Kyle is a whirling dervish and ridiculous and shouldn't have grabbed at Brandi.  Was the required response, "I will knock your teeth out?"  No.  Brandi has a habit of looming over people and that wouldn't be the first time she's done it, complete with jabbing fingers and what she thinks is a "gangsta" attitude.

In this instance, she is several inches taller than Lisa and was using it as a means of blocking Lisa's exit.  It's physical intimidation, whether she thinks it's playful or not.

• Love 15

That was the slap we were teased with all season long?  That's not a real slap. Take away the added sound effect and that was just a playful tap in the face.  It was still wrong because LisaV clearly was in no mood to be playful with Brandi and did not think Brandi would take their slapping talk seriously and actually act on it, but it's nothing deserving of anything more than a sincere apology.

Edited by cooksdelight
removing non-episode talk
  • Love 3

Because she's a kind and relatively normal human being who, when she's wrong, can apologize. She was there and likely realized that talking under her breath when everything was chill on that boat was what started the ball rolling. So later, she apologized. Classy. They were all (superficially) getting along, Rinna was talking about shopping and Eileen didn't need to add "Whatever.  It's all very confusing to me."  Which started Kyle, under her breath to LisaV about how phony it all felt.

LisaV was right when she whispered to Kyle that yes everyone was acting like nothing was wrong as they should do. Because, duh, you drama queens.  It was one of the last nights in Amsterdam.  Their hostess feels like shit.  Can't any of these divas put on their big girl panties and just stfu for 4 hours? 

So good on Eileen for recognizing her part and apologizing. 

LOVE THIS!!!  I mean Geez Louise. It's all so frustrating how personal impulses are given into on these shows all too often. Can't deny it and can't play the "I'm above this" bullshit if you're gonna act out on what YOU feel needs to be put front and center no matter what it means for those around you. Oh and I know this is not gonna be received well but this is what I mean and what I think Kim and even Brandi means about Kyle. Fine, Kyle doesn't need to fix Kim's life, walk around and shuck stones out of her path all day every day but you see how Kyle can't even NOT contribute to a possible escalation of bullshit? Like really?

• Love 4

Kyle and Eileen should have gone to the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam.  It's freaking incredible.  I always get the audio.  You learn so much.  For example, you know those numerous painting of flower bouquets?  Every flower and insect has a meaning.  Besides museum gift shops are awesome!  Culture and shopping.  Woot! I was also glad to see that after Kyle decided to have only coffee in the sweet shop,later you could see two pieces of candy on the table in one of the shots. You just gotta live sometimes. 

• Love 15

I found it interesting that Brandi claimed, she had to keep it superficial with the ladies, because that's all she had for them. Even with Yo, she complimented her waist line. She couldn't think of anything else but that?

Oh, but of course, she had to get all emotional and deep with Kim. That was after Kyle and kim had their moment. I see you Brandi.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5

If Eileen or Lisa R's annoying behaviors are either non-existent, above reproach, ya just don't care, or being largely swept under the rug because Kim and Brandi are such rotten drama hogs, (and I don't disagree)  that's cool.  I'll just hold my thoughts til next season when I believe Eileen and LisaR will totally be fodder for discussion.

I think that Lisa Rinna is a little too "needing to be in the middle"  and although I still like her, I can see some traits that she shares with Brandi that I don't like.  I think, for some reason, she pulls it off better.  She is just more likeable.  I see the same in Lisa Vanderpump - she is not a proper classy Englishwoman - I think she is brassy and crass but says it with an english accent so everyone is fine with it.  But back to LIsa Rinna, I wouldn't want to have her to my dinner party because I think she is loud and crude, but not too much for me to enjoy on TV.  The reason I give her a "pass" and I do for the glass break is that I think that the housewives have an unwritten code about what they aren't supposed to talk about - and Kim was breaking it. (I think Kim was doing it as payback as the other housewives had been covering for her for so long that Kim felt betrayed when Lisa pointed out that she was whacked out and wouldn't let Kim just explain it away)  So because I don't believe she has ever been exposed to the crazy Kim before, I give her a pass for it but I usually do for the first real mistake they make.

I don't have any negatives on Eileen.  I like the way she expresses herself.   Unfortunately, I do not believe some of the others are capable of having an adult conversation.  I also believe that she has a right to tell Brandi to basically shut up when Brandi keeps attacking her - which is what she did.  She didn't slap her, she didn't break a glass or scream at her.

I think that because Brandi does go for the underbelly so much that is why she doesn't get away with it.  But she set herself up for that so that is why people harp on it.  I don't think she is in pain, or scared or damaged - I think she is just a low class stanky attention loving bitch who refuses to have any self awareness and I believe she is very proud of herself.

I would love to have one season without Brandi and Kim to see if I would be bored. It would be great to have one damn episode without everything being about those two.

If a co-worker struck me in the face, however light, I would walk away from my job but Lisa won't do that as anyone involved in reality tv obviously has an uncontrollable ego that must be fed. 

• Love 7

Ok everybody... please stop bickering. If you've stated your opinion and people don't agree you're not going to change anyone's mind. Please move along. Additionally please stop harping on the same points. If you've stated your piece it doesn't need to be repeated over and over again. Bring something new to the discussion or move on. Snark the show not your fellow posters. 

• Love 7

I found it interesting that Brandi claimed, she had to keep it superficial with the ladies, because that's all she had for them. Even with Yo, she complimented her waist line. She couldn't think of anything else but that?

Oh, but of course, she had to get all emotional and deep with Kim. That was after Kyle and kim had their moment. I see you Brandi.

Brandi is more transparent than a freshly Windexed window. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 5

There is something about Lisar that has been bothering me and I have not found it in the extra scenes.  Maybe she has said it and I have missed it so I though this is a fair place to find out.  Has Lisa every mentioned to Kim that Brandi has been party to the conversations about Kim?  Or was Kim suppose to assume from conversations with Brandi and Yolanda that others talking about her included Brandi?  When Kim was screaming at the table I did not see Brandi stick up for her and in Tuesday's episode Brandi seemed pretty quiet on Kim's sobriety but defending her drinking behavior.  I understand from Kyle's blog she had mentioned or confirmed Lisar talking to her about Kim or was it Kyle confirming Brandi told Lisar about Kim.

I only am asking because I am not buying the survivor stuff from Lisar.  I think she is getting dangerously close to duplicitous or as Brandi would say, "hypocrite," I see someone who is doing a little bit of sacrificing Eileen and Kyle to take the heat off her bad behavior.  I am also wondering, on screen has anyone from KELLY denounced Lisa's glass breaking on screen?  Sometimes I zone out a bit when they jibber jabber.  Maybe next week Lisar makes a full disclosure to Kim but I would have thought she has had three times to turn the focus to Brandi's complicity and she has passed on them.  Makes me wonder what the extent of the conversation between she and Brandi.

• Love 2

Wow. Brandi is toast. Lisa V. is done with her. DONE!

I think as long as the cameras are rolling LVP will be interacting with Brandi...and LVP is too well heeled to get in to a physical altercation with Brandi.  Lisa's wit will be her best weapon. 

I had never heard of Eileen prior to her joining the cast and I am really happy she is here, sane and level headed is a welcome change.    

Kyle looked amazing on the boat ride to/from hell.  I wish she would stop reacting when Brandi starts her bull sh*t, I think Brandi likes the attention she gets from it but somehow fails to realize not all attention is good.   Why does Brandi think Yo "gets" her?  Nobody "gets" her except the drug addled Kim Richards and when she sobers up even Kim will realize what a waste of space Brandi is.  

• Love 6

Kyle looked amazing on the boat ride to/from hell.  I wish she would stop reacting when Brandi starts her bull sh*t, I think Brandi likes the attention she gets from it but somehow fails to realize not all attention is good.   Why does Brandi think Yo "gets" her?  Nobody "gets" her except the drug addled Kim Richards and when she sobers up even Kim will realize what a waste of space Brandi is.  

Kyle looks really good.  I think while her outfit choices are definitely better, she's just thinner (not like she wasn't) but not super-thin so that her face needs collagen, and hasn't overdone the botox.  And, finally!  Someone who can pull off reality-TV David Lynch-red mouth!  The brown hair makes a difference, I think.  

• Love 7