Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 10/22/2021 at 4:55 PM, Westiepeach said:

Ahh, the “Photo Shoot.” Mama pointed her iPhone at them and took pictures. Photo shoot. Ok, then.

Is that an ankle bracelet on Nurie’s ankle?

For a second I envisioned a probation ankle bracelet and I was all, “wait, why would she be wearing that?”

Edited by LilJen
  • LOL 7
13 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The tiara is a knockoff of the one Queen Elizabeth often wears. It's called The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland and was a wedding gift. I'm surprised the bride didn't go for one of Diana's favorites. 

That suit is sad. Maybe he gained weight from the time he ordered and altered it to the time he wore it. 

I give them credit for holding the reception inside instead of serving ice cream in a parking lot. 

Actually, it looks more like Queen Mary's Lover's Knot tiara, which Elizabeth II inherited from her grandmother Queen Mary in 1953. The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland was a wedding gift to Queen Mary in 1893, and she gave it to Elizabeth II as a wedding gift in 1947. (The Lover's Knot is more closely associated with Diana and now with Kate.)

I know way too much about this shit. 

Topic: Basically all of my wedding predictions came true. Bride, plastic. Big Butt, big butt. And so on. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

The Lover's Knot tiara doesn't have the high-low look of The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland . However, Esther's is too simple to be a true replica of either. Hers has a simple corona virus spike pattern that's quite the fashion at large indoor weddings with few vaccinated guests and ever fewer wearing masks. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18

Is Jill still with Nurthan? If so, she needs to go home. Who knows what's going on with the finishing of the upstairs attic? Who know if Joy Baptist is planning a coup against pushy grifter Jill?  Jill needs to be there to supervise. Go home, Jill. 

It's time Nathan and Nurie had a chance to meet their son. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
57 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Nemo is Jill’s possession

561AEB16-B6CF-4F5E-A105-8B37A211A356.jpeg

315C9B65-A8C0-43CF-AC1B-25894B541CA0.jpeg

We all knew that would happen.  I’m guessing that Poppy and Mimi are working triple overtime, trying for Baby #14.🤢 You know that BME has a serious case of baby fever right now.

• Love 4

Lawson and Tiff are in Rome, Italy.  They sure don't act like they are fundie.  I wonder what Gil and Kelly Jo think?  So far, he is still allowed around the family and she is too.  

Also, I watched Welcome to Plathville the other night and Lydia talked to her Dad about this guy she is interested in and said she wanted her Dad to make arrangements for him to come visit.  Now she is visiting the Rods.  Hmmmm.  She did mention that this guy has sisters.  

Edited by ranchgirl
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod has a new video posted on Facebook.  BME, the Plath girl, Nurie, Renee, and Kaylee are singing at church (again).  Lord, help ‘em… 😖🙉

18 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Lawson and Tiff are in Rome, Italy.  They sure don't act like they are fundie.  I wonder what Gil and Kelly Jo think?  So far, he is still allowed around the family and she is too.  

Also, I watched Welcome to Plathville the other night and Lydia talked to her Dad about this guy she is interested in and said she wanted her Dad to make arrangements for him to come visit.  Now she is visiting the Rods.  Hmmmm.  She did mention that this guy has sisters.  

Is the Plath girl that is in JRod's video Lydia?

27 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Timbits ? 

17 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Timbits ? 

That would be my first guess.    

All I know is that Lydia said she and this guy had shown interest in each other awhile back (like 2 years ago)  but she decided she didn't want to pursue it.  Then she had a change of heart and she and the guy started texting each other.  Then Lydia's parents asked her to stop texting him (because they wanted more control over it) and she did.  Then she started  texting or talking with the guy's sisters but Lydia wasn't satisfied with how the sisters responsed to her questions about their brother.  So she started texting the guy again.   The guy and her decided they wanted to up the level of their relationship (friendship) so Lydia asked her Dad if he could arrange for this guy to come visit the family.  Now, this just aired on their show last week so I'm not sure when it was taped.  I didn't give it any thought until I saw GME's post about Lydia visiting them. 

Lydia and her Dad both made it seem like they were close friends with this family.  

Edited by ranchgirl
  • Useful 7
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Is Jill still with Nurthan? If so, she needs to go home. Who knows what's going on with the finishing of the upstairs attic? Who know if Joy Baptist is planning a coup against pushy grifter Jill?  Jill needs to be there to supervise. Go home, Jill. 

It's time Nathan and Nurie had a chance to meet their son. 

The Rods performed at a church in PA this weekend, so the pics with Poopy happened days ago. 

At least Nurie can have some peace and quiet now. 

I don't know about a Plath/Rod love connection. Ethan revealed that they tried to set him up with Nurie. That obviously went nowhere.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Jill would go nuts if she could get Tim married to a daughter in a TV family! I don't see any advantage for the young woman and her family unless being trapped in a fundie prison with Jill as a warden is a good thing. What about the Dingus woman who was splashing water around with Tim in the dirty culvert? Maybe a whole half of a cow will help Ms. Dingus buy her way back in the running if that's what she wants. 

I really don't see anything positive Tim and his family bring to the table. 

• Love 12

22 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

A least they kept the guest list under control and fed everyone a full meal. This was not a Duggar wedding.

Seems like yesterday Kelly was calculating how much chicken they needed to buy to feed each wedding guest 2 tablespoons of chicken salad. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

We can hope it was a full meal amount of food.  We know it was a typical Tuesday night at my daughter's dinner of roast chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a roll with wedding  cake for dessert I presume.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Jill is now referring to Plexus as, “my company, my health and wellness company”. There’s a new product, “we came out with this”.

She has a video with 2 of the girls. While Jill is speaking, Janessa is putting her fingers in the container, and licking the powder. Jill even points this out saying this shows how good it is. 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Jill is now referring to Plexus as, “my company, my health and wellness company”. There’s a new product, “we came out with this”.

She has a video with 2 of the girls. While Jill is speaking, Janessa is putting her fingers in the container, and licking the powder. Jill even points this out saying this shows how good it is. 🤦‍♀️

In that case, please congratulate me for the new cancer drug I just came out with.

• LOL 21
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

And for part of the video, JillR is pushing this food/nutrition drink from the bathroom. Just what I like to associate health and wellness with.

On second thought, maybe this is a "gut " drink too and that's where one ends up - in the bathroom.

Oh and at one point Jill gags. If Plexus only knew.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And for part of the video, JillR is pushing this food/nutrition drink from the bathroom. Just what I like to associate health and wellness with.

On second thought, maybe this is a "gut " drink too and that's where one ends up - in the bathroom.

Also one of the girls knocks over the container and you could tell JillR was having a tough time keeping sweet. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Wasn’t that great? 🤦‍♀️ 
You would think she would have made a different video. The container falling into the sink, Janessa adding another scoop……

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

With the greater scrutiny of MLMs happening after the LuLaRich documentary and Tik-Tok, I'm not surprised to see Plexus change up the verbiage for their consultants.  The focus now with MLMs is to push it as a small business where you have input instead of you selling someone else's products.  Right now, Herbalife is pushing their consultants to open up their own storefronts selling smoothies and drinks that just happen to be Herbalife products to unsuspecting customers.  I wonder if Plexus will follow suit.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Wasn’t that great? 🤦‍♀️ 
You would think she would have made a different video. The container falling into the sink, Janessa adding another scoop……

If I didn’t know better I would think the girls did that on purpose. 

In Bates family news, Gil and KJ are in Italy with Lawson, Tiff and her parents. Guessing a proposal is coming soon.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From what I gathered from the lady who joined Younique for a while and blogged about her experience afterwards, that sounds like typical MLM speak. They are encouraged to make it seem they own their 'company' so others who see it may join to achieve the same. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

If I didn’t know better I would think the girls did that on purpose. 

In Bates family news, Gil and KJ are in Italy with Lawson, Tiff and her parents. Guessing a proposal is coming soon.

Does Italy require vaccinations?

Has anyone ever asked Jill if David uses the Plexus “slim” drink and why it doesn’t work for him? 🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

No, it shows how conditioned she is. It reminds me of the dog my brother adopted. Sweet Boy had a history of neglect and being left alone for long periods without food. The first time my brother and his wife left him alone to go to work, he got into their pantry and ate a bunch of dry rice. He'd been conditioned to assume no one would come back to feed him, that he had to take what he could get. That's what happens when you abuse someone, Jill. It's not because uncooked rice tastes good.

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Has anyone ever asked Jill if David uses the Plexus “slim” drink and why it doesn’t work for him? 🤣

JillR usually has her comments off so you can’t ask any interesting questions. I would really like to know how she explains David’s weight. And he looks unhealthy too.

I think Italy requires vaccination or proof you recovered from Covid-19 plus recent negative results on a Covid test. No quarantine required.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

It is quarantine or vaccination/recovery AND test as far as I can tell.  Their website says:

Travellers from Japan, Canada and the United States are allowed to enter Italy without the need to undergo a 5-day self-isolation, upon presentation of the Passenger Locator Form and certification of molecular or antigenic testing carried out within 72 hours prior to entry into the national territory to the competent authorities, as long as they possess:

the EU Digital COVID Certificate issued at the end of the prescribed cycle following successful vaccination against SARS-CoV-2 or a certification issued by the local health authorities following a vaccination validated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA)
or

the EU Digital COVID Certificate issued following recovery from COVID-19 or similar certification issued by local health authorities.

Even if they were vaccinated I'm not sure they would know how to get the official EU documentation so they probably opted for the quarantine.  Though 5 days of not being able to leave your hotel room for a "normal" newly married couple wouldn't be a total hardship as long as they planned a long enough visit that they could still be tourists prior to leaving.  Would totally blow if you didn't really know your new spouse ahead of time and are trapped in a tiny hotel room with someone you find you actually don't like all that much. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Surely not!!  How old is Sammer?  I would rather it be him!

Sammer will be 17 in november.  Lydia is also 17, or turning 17 soon, i think. Then there's "preacher Philly" to consider as well in the running for the rod boys.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1