Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill's Laugh of the Day is the claim that she took a church friend out to dinner. I'm sure it was the other way around. 

Well, technically, she could have taken her out to the restaurant.  Doesn't mean that she PAID for the meal.  LOL!

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Getting hammered in the comments! 😂

I wouldn't call sixteen comments (as of 4:07) being hammered. Either way, some of them are inappropriate and incorrect. No, she won't be related to the pedophile. And someone who doesn't know her can't say "you know this isn't what you want." 

Topic: Nurie and Nathan will look homely AF next to these two in the wedding photos. 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill is somewhere screeching that a suitor got away from her clutches! Bwahaha 

Too funny. And if David has a decent job, JillR will be extra upset at all the free meals she could have scored if only he'd fallen in love with one of the NotNuries!

• Love 5
(edited)
23 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Too funny. And if David has a decent job, JillR will be extra upset at all the free meals she could have scored if only he'd fallen in love with one of the NotNuries!

I don’t know. Would a NotNurie be allowed to marry someone named “David?” After all, that name is sacred. It is JillRod’s Hunky-Hunk’s name…

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 6
19 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Maybe she is planning on using her child tax credits that start this month to publish. Or will she be sending them back? 🤣

Send money back??? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha… I think I just choked… Didn’t the Lord Himself send that money to her… erm… I mean “them”…

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

"Nothing about David or I was prearranged."

Oh, honey. Your whole life was prearranged. You're just too naive to know it. 

“And I” - SODRT strikes again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Send money back??? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha… I think I just choked… Didn’t the Lord Himself send that money to her… erm… I mean “them”…

I just read that the credits are being demonized today by some in the media (I think we know who.) no doubt that won’t affect Jill, she has probably already spent it, but will post on fb criticizing the ebil handouts anyway.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

The Lord named Daniel sent that money. Jill can't find the laundromat again to give the check back to him, so she's keeping it. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

The Maxwells' newest grandbaby Madeline is doing better today, but having a rough time. She had a crisis last night in the NICU. It seems to have resolved with putting a second chest tube.  She seems to be better.

Madeline is John and Chelsy's 3rd child. She was born at 30 weeks gestation, according to Sarah. Chelsy is the Bontragers' oldest child.

Editing to add: Both the Maxwells and Chelsy have post about this on their blogs. Chelsy's blog is called Chelsy Renee.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's interesting that Hannah openly admits she didn't always feel valued and seen. And recently her father, against the wishes of her mother, has taken in a child abuser who is awaiting legal action. Maybe women don't count for much in the Reber household. Perhaps a Keller son will do better. 

Edited by BradandJanet
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

It's interesting that Hannah openly admits she didn't always feel valued and seen. And recently her father, against the wishes of her mother, has taken in a child abuser who is awaiting legal action. Maybe women don't count for much in the Reber household. Perhaps a Bates son will do better. 

Bates?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

qr9uzhesbmb71.jpg

Is this the daughter of Joshley's prison warden? .....thought it was a Fundy pregnancy announcement......  Ring Around the Rosy in the standard weedy setting.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/14/2021 at 3:09 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Great, I know that I would love to be “counseled” by a couple of teenage girls who very likely don’t know how babies are made. 

I imagine there “advice” would sound something like this:

You know Jesus really wants you to have this baby, not just this one but as many as possible! Also I heard you’re not married so how did you get a baby inside you? My mama said only married women can have babies. Do you think God thought you were the Virgin Mary? Maybe you’re having Jesus! Wouldn’t that be so amazing Jesus coming back through your womb. Wow you are so blessed. Shall we pray now? 

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, drafan said:

Is this the daughter of Joshley's prison warden? .....thought it was a Fundy pregnancy announcement......  Ring Around the Rosy in the standard weedy setting.

Apparently Pa Keller announced in a sermon that these 2 were at the beginning of a “pre courtship” phase only 2-3 weeks ago. Even for fundies, this seems incredibly rushed.

27 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Apparently Pa Keller announced in a sermon that these 2 were at the beginning of a “pre courtship” phase only 2-3 weeks ago. Even for fundies, this seems incredibly rushed.

Well, there goes a husband for one of the not Nuries.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, awaken said:

Wait so is this the Keller brother that’s matchy matchy with Nathan, or the one who supported Anna leaving during joshgate 1&2? Or another one?

Matchy matchy 

The one who wants to help Anna is Daniel 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, awaken said:

Wait so is this the Keller brother that’s matchy matchy with Nathan, or the one who supported Anna leaving during joshgate 1&2? Or another one?

Matchy one, lol. Daniel is the older, ex-Fundie brother who offered help to Anna.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, awaken said:

It's the youngest matchy matchy boy. Daniel, who offered to help Anna, is in his mid 30s, divorced and remarried.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Announcing they weren’t coerced into the relationship is pretty damn sketchy. 

They’ll get married before Josh goes to trial.  Hell, they probably have him at the. wedding to thank him for getting in trouble with the law and bringing their love story with Jesus together. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

He can't be there if there are any children in attendance.

Oh, that will stop these paragons of virtue. 

Sorry, but what goes on between his families and their weird agreements is just so off putting.  This is the woman who lives in the house that Josh is currently inhabiting.

• Love 4
(edited)

Is this daughter the piano teacher who now can't teach children at home because of Josh's presence? Even if she's found another space, that's an inconvenience for her. 

Also, what is she holding in her hand in the water photo? It looks like a flip phone but I can't tell. 

Edited by BradandJanet
missing word
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Is this daughter the piano teacher who now can't teach children at home because of Josh's presence? Even if she's found another space, that's an inconvenience for her. 

Also, what is she holding in her hand in the water photo? It looks like a flip phone but I can't tell. 

It looks like a smart phone to me

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Teriacky said:

My take on this is that Hannah wants to leave her parents’ home ASAP to get away from Joshperv and getting married is pretty much the only way she can do this. 

Mrs. Reber didn't want Josh to stay at their home, so maybe she will accompany her daughter in the escape.

• Love 6

If I may weigh in on the preemie baby.  My sister, due to HELLP syndrome, delivered her twins at 23 weeks 4 days.  E was 10 ounces and A was 15 1/2 ounces.  E lived 5 days and died in my sister's arms.  A was transported shortly afterward and spent 9 months in the children's hospital in our area.  She went home on a trach and a ventilator and was on it until she was 3.  She's had numerous tests, surgeries, hospital stays, and setbacks along the way.

Today, she is a 9 1/2 year old getting ready to go to 3rd grade.  She is immunocompromised (we have to be SO careful during these covid times) and mildly autistic, but she is amazing.

Baby Madeline has a long road ahead of her.  I do believe in God and prayer and I pray for the best outcome for this family.

• Love 15