Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Absolutely, although I have a white collar job, I've got plenty of family members who work with their hands.  I've got a nephew who is an auto mechanic, another who is a londscaper.  Both took some college courses, decided it wasn't for them and went another direction.  But, both of them can read and write well and appreciate art and music and many other things, too.  Being a well rounded human being is never a bad thing.

Didn't you say once you work with your hands? At the very least you catch babies.  

I agree being a well-rounded human being is never a bad thing. It's good to have critical thinking skills, and be open to new ideas. 

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Nuri will have a baby friend screaming in her ear soon enough. Let’s hope Nathan and his family are nice to her! 
I totally see Jill driving down there every month and staying with them. No way Jillzilla will leave them alone.

If Ohio is on Jill's case about the homeschooling, I predict she and David will try living in Florida as their next state. (Or maybe Georgia, Alabama, etc.) I think she'll want to be closer to Nurie and out of the north.  Although she could move to Iowa to try to get Kaylee and/or Renee matched with the Bontrager brothers. The Bowers family moved to Iowa and were successful in getting the two girls married to Bontrager brothers. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

If Ohio is on Jill's case about the homeschooling, I predict she and David will try living in Florida as their next state. (Or maybe Georgia, Alabama, etc.) I think she'll want to be closer to Nurie and out of the north.  Although she could move to Iowa to try to get Kaylee and/or Renee matched with the Bontrager brothers. The Bowers family moved to Iowa and were successful in getting the two girls married to Bontrager brothers. 

And if Jill and family move down to FL, Nurie will be guilted into hosting Mama and the family for an indefinite length of time 😞

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I can't imagine the Rods leaving the frankenbarn anytime soon.  They sank too much money into it trying to make it habitable.  And, I have a feeling David cut a few corners along the way.  Jill may be a grifter par excellence, but I can't see her grifting another house.  

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can't imagine the Rods leaving the frankenbarn anytime soon.  They sank too much money into it trying to make it habitable.  And, I have a feeling David cut a few corners along the way.  Jill may be a grifter par excellence, but I can't see her grifting another house.  

Maybe they will give the barn house to Tim when he gets married. Jill is going to move again. I mean she will be feeling SEVERELY persecuted soon enough.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Define soon. I don't they'll leave in the next month, but maybe in like a year or two. 

3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe they will give the barn house to Tim when he gets married. Jill is going to move again. I mean she will be feeling SEVERELY persecuted soon enough.

The persecution feeling is already starting with the homeschooling stuff. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Eh, TimBits fell out of her good graces. He's on the outs with Mama now. He has to do some serious damage control and sucking up to regain his footing with her.

• Love 1

I have no problems with people working in trades. 

3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I'm not sure how the Rods ended up in Ohio in the first place unless there was some church connection. I don't think they go anywhere unless free food is involved.

If Jill visits, she's going to drag the whole fam with her. You know she isn't going to leave those kids alone in Ohio even with David around. Look what happened with Tim (whatever it was). 

8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Maybe the real estate person who got them that dump in the first place can work her magic once more when Satan takes up persecuting the Rods yet again. Maybe by that time, Kaylee will have found her farmer and Rods will have choices where to crash. I can't see Tim moving any farther than the backyard, so it will depend on the daughters. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Define soon. I don't they'll leave in the next month, but maybe in like a year or two. 

I think the Rods have at least 5 years in Ohio unless Jill pulls off a miracle grift.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think the Rods have at least 5 years in Ohio unless Jill pulls off a miracle grift.  

No way are they going to be there five years! The state of Ohio is already looking into their homeschooling. The pandemic may buy them some time, but not enough. If they stay five years, the state may force the Rod kids into public school. They may lose some money or end up living on the bus, but they will be out of there sooner than later. 

• Love 1

Let's start a pool on how long they manage to stay in Ohio. Winner gets a free dinner at the good Olive Garden. 

I say 36 months with a lot of time on the road spreading their special kind of joy to churches near and far. Mostly far. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Although she could move to Iowa to try to get Kaylee and/or Renee matched with the Bontrager brothers.

Now that she's marrying Nurie off to Nathan Keller "Anna Duggar's Brother", I'll bet she's going to work every angle she can to snag a couple of Duggar boys for Kaylee and Renee.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

Now that she's marrying Nurie off to Nathan Keller "Anna Duggar's Brother", I'll bet she's going to work every angle she can to snag a couple of Duggar boys for Kaylee and Renee.

Not sure how receptive the Duggars would be. After all, it was Jill who spoiled Jinger's wedding. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not sure how receptive the Duggars would be. After all, it was Jill who spoiled Jinger's wedding. 

Oh, I'm sure that Jim Bob would never allow such a thing to happen. He has Jill pegged as a grifter and famewhore (takes one to know one!) and he's not about to let her gain a toehold on his territory. But Jill is both determined and delusional and she might figure it's worth a shot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I know but she might do another one. Seal and Heidi Klum did one every year.

I could be wrong as I’m perpetually single, but if I felt I needed to renew my vows every year, I’d probably just get divorced.

I suspect Jill will make Nurie’s wedding day about her...someway, somehow.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I could be wrong as I’m perpetually single, but if I felt I needed to renew my vows every year, I’d probably just get divorced.

I suspect Jill will make Nurie’s wedding day about her...someway, somehow.

Pregnancy announcement. Bam!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It appears that it will be in Ohio.

Where COVID cases are also  on the rise.  I have no doubt Jill has something up her sleeve, probably a pregnancy announcement, in order to upstage Nurie on her wedding day,

• Love 5
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I know but she might do another one. Seal and Heidi Klum did one every year.

Which worked so well for them. I do believe that Jill will do everything we can think of and more to make sure that she is the center of attention at Nurie's wedding to Anna Duggar's brother.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Nathan would look better if he gained a bit of weight. If Nurie does manage to get pregnant their children are going to look like stick figures.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

The wedding has been confirmed elsewhere as being on the 25th. That's also apparently Ma and Pa Keller's 40th anniversary. That means Pa Keller was just 20 when he got married (Suzette is about 5 years his senior). At least Nathan is what, 24 or 25?

• Useful 3
(edited)

I initially didn't see the June time stamp for that "wedding next month" post and was momentarily like, "Wait, is this shitshow wedding going to be an August--is that the universe's birthday gift to me?!" 🤣

I was more excited than I had any right to be. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 13
(edited)

I think Jill and family took up a few rows of reserved seats up front at the wedding? I thought it was a Bates wedding,but I'm prob. wrong.

Net search say she leaked Jinger's wedding date

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, AnnaBaptist said:

I missed this. Please tell me what happened.

I think Jinger & Jeremy were trying to keep the date and maybe the location on the down low and JillR posted a picture of the invite online.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I just got a pop up ad for a tour bus company. Was expecting to see the Rods hanging out the windows.

That’s a good side gig for Tim! Grift and pray and eat through the good Olive Garden and churches in USA! 

• LOL 4
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The wedding has been confirmed elsewhere as being on the 25th. That's also apparently Ma and Pa Keller's 40th anniversary. That means Pa Keller was just 20 when he got married (Suzette is about 5 years his senior). At least Nathan is what, 24 or 25?

So Ma and Pa Keller plan to upstage Jill who plans to upstage Nurie? Oh, my. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, EVS said:

Has anyone seen this?  It involves Steve and ZsuZsu (sp?) Anderson’s sons. Apologies if it has been posted and I missed it. 

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2020/07/is-there-a-looming-sex-scandal-at-faithful-word-baptist-church/

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2020/07/isaac-andersons-chats/

Wow, that is some really messed-up stuff! I always thought that the Andersons would be brought down by a sex scandal one day, but I always thought that it would be Steve himself who would be caught in the act with another guy (that obsession he has with gay sex had to come from somewhere). But the older boys grooming and abusing young girls? Sounds like Josh Duggar all over again.

On the basis of one reading, I would have to say that it has the ring of truth. Responding to the charges against his sons by kicking the victims and their parents out of his church sounds like Steve. And the parents complaining about the attacks on their daughters still seem in awe of Steve, assuring him that they don’t want this to undo all the great work he has done (!). Finally, in his response, Steve doesn’t deny that it happened. Instead, we get “I have already taken action and dealt with this situation, the boys have been punished appropriately,  it’s over and I forbid anyone from every bringing it up again.” 

I can’t forget how gleeful and triumphant Zuzu was when the Duggars were hit by Joshgate. What’s that old saying about pride going before a fall?

• Love 18
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Zella said:

I sometimes have trouble keeping these fundies straight. Is this the guy we call Stevehovah? Ot is that another asshole named Steve?

No, Stevehovah is Steve Maxwell of Maxwell Family Blog and they live somewhere around Leavenworth, Kansas.  Meanwhile, Steve Anderson, also known as the Pissing Preacher, lives in Tempe. Arizona with his wife, Zsuzsanna.  He is an actual minister and has his own IFLB Church.  They are a bit younger than the senior Maxwells and have 11 kids of which the creepy pervy ones are their oldest.  Zsuzanna has a blog called 'Are they all yours?'  where she shows herself to be a particularly ugly human being as she judges everybody and everything as being sinful except for her and PP and the kids.

ETA: Steve got his nickname after preaching about a passage in the Bible where God claims he will destroy 'him that pisseth against the wall' which apparently is only found in King James and, of course, refers to men.  He claimed that, when visiting Germany, where his wife is from, there were signs in the bathrooms prohibiting men from peeing while standing up and that German men pee sitting down.  This is a sign of the apocalypse being imminent because the world is going to collapse if men don't pee standing up. J I kid you not.  You can find it on You Tube.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

So Ma and Pa Keller plan to upstage Jill who plans to upstage Nurie? Oh, my. 

Both sets of parents are going to be so busy trying to upstage each other (good luck with that, Kellers. JillR is a PRO) that Nurie and Anna Duggar’s Brother are just going to fade into the woodwork at their own wedding.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

But now Anna will really be obligated to attend.

I could see her using the pandemic as an excuse not to attend. The pandemic wouldn't stop her from attending if she liked the Rods, but I could see her using it as an excuse not to go. 

David Waller's sister Lydia is getting married the week before Nurie, so I won't be surprised if the Wallers attends both weddings. 

• Love 4
(edited)

If Jill isn't pregnant yet, she'd better hurry up. Otherwise, she's got nuthin'. 

Steve Anderson's "Pissing Preacher" rant is a classic. It happens at the end of one of his sermons, when he decides the congregation should listen to him longer. The point of his tangent is that real men urinate standing up because that's what read men do. Jesus urinated standing up. Obama sits down. 

This is from memory, but it's pretty unforgettable. Lots of claims; no citations. His mind is a strange, dark place. 

Edited by BradandJanet
Clarify which crazy Steve is being referenced.
  • Love 12
(edited)

6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If Jill isn't pregnant yet, she'd better hurry up. Otherwise, she's got nuthin'. 

Steve's "Pissing Preacher" rant is a classic. It happens at the end of one of his sermons, when he decides the congregation should listen to him longer. The point of his tangent is that real men urinate standing up because that's what read men do. Jesus urinated standing up. Obama sits down. 

This is from memory, but it's pretty unforgettable. Lots of claims; no citations. His mind is a strange, dark place. 

Here's the link to the end of the sermon where he claims that, in the King James' version, there are 6 references to pissing against the wall.  The fact that other translations do not include this phrase indicates that they are invalid.  And, since only men piss against a wall, while women have to sit; it is a sign of their masculinity that they do so.  And, yes, he is absolutely certain that various politicians that he doesn't like sit down to pee because they are not men.  This is happening in the US now because men who don't pee standing up are not real men and 'that's what's wrong with America'.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Steve's "Pissing Preacher" rant is a classic. It happens at the end of one of his sermons, when he decides the congregation should listen to him longer. The point of his tangent is that real men urinate standing up because that's what read men do. Jesus urinated standing up. Obama sits down. 

What I remember about him is that he is probably one of the angriest people alive. Angrier than almost any human I've seen. 

There were rumors on FJ about their church stalking ex-members. Also they're always fighting with people and losing congregants. 

• Love 7

@doodlebug , I posted before I saw the end of your post. 

Since the King James version is the only version God approves of, citing it is God's word. I wonder how many men in the congregation became worried to hear about this sin they didn't even know they were committing. 

• Love 1

Okay thanks everybody! Wow, I don't really have words for that level of crazy. So, this lunatic is the one who has been banned from visiting multiple countries, right? Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

And the other guy (Maxwell?) is the uptight one who was freaked out by women he worked with? Or is that yet another one?

• Love 3

Right on both counts, Zella. One of the other things you should know about the Pissing Preacher and his batshit wife, ZsuZsu, is that they LOATHE the Duggars. They consider the Duggars to be much too “worldly” and not nearly strong enough in their faith. ZsuZsu, who proudly boasts about beating her children, has criticized Michelle for refusing to publicly admit that she blanket-trained and beat her children. When Joshgate hit the fan, she was beside herself with joy at their downfall.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

Okay thanks everybody! Wow, I don't really have words for that level of crazy. So, this lunatic is the one who has been banned from visiting multiple countries, right? Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

And the other guy (Maxwell?) is the uptight one who was freaked out by women he worked with? Or is that yet another one?

Yes, Steve Anderson has been barred from visiting multiple countries due to the hateful beliefs he espouses.  He has suggested killing gay people as a means to eradicate AIDS and applauded the massacre at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando.

Steve Maxwell is indeed uptight.  He keeps all of his kids, even the adults, on a very strict leash.  He has multiple blog posts talking about how sports and games and other entertainment is wrong because it cuts into the time people should be spending reading the Bible and praying.  He also is extremely strict about gender rules and his daughters, some pushing 30, still live at home and would need his approval to get married.  His wife, Terri, who had terrible problems with postpartum depression, ended up having a bunch more kids after God told Steve to get his vasectomy reversed.  Steve claimed that Terri's depression was due to her addiction to Pepsi which he then forbade her to drink and she has been fine ever since.  He once railed against the orthodontist treating their daughter because she asked the kid her opinion about something that was being done with her teeth.  Everyone knows that children aren't allowed to have opinions and since Terri was there, the orthodontist should've asked her what their daughter preferred and Terri would decide on her behalf.

• Love 3