Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
25 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

First graders would use commas as Jill does. Clueless.

Not allowed in my granddaughter's class.  They've had lessons in proper comma use already.  Capitalization, periods, exclamation marks, and question marks were in kindergarten.  Yes, I know not all schools do that.

Which means Jill is really deficient and her poor children are way, way, way behind at least compared to those standards.  I shudder to think how Jill's grandchildren will write or if they will be able to be understood.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4

AC0B74F9-6857-40D2-9877-E160816DB5BE.jpeg

D07F65D0-6A0F-455E-9203-261794D6206A.jpeg

This family blesses me time and time again!  They stick by OLD FASHIONED values, they don't compromise, give up or waver.  They stand strong in the the power of God's might!  What a STELLAR example they are to the young generation, who seem to be bending and  compromising (in the droves) on CORE, Biblical issue.  😢  Thank you, Nathan & Nurie!  We love all four of you MORE than you know!  You are all in our daily prayers.  Xoxo  ❤️ 

P.S.  They just heard their baby #2's heartbeat on Wednesday!  Hallelujah!  😊🥰

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

American Sign Language is a requirement. That's kind of cool, but it won't help in Hungary. He will have to enter another program for the group who will place him in a missionary position. That's when he will study Hungarian or the language of wherever he can go. 

1 hour ago, skatelady said:

snort

I saw this right after I posted and went in to change it. However, Lord Daniel of the Laundromat laid it upon my heart to leave it as a little wink to you all and to Phillip, who may someday get the opportunity. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
On 5/12/2022 at 10:17 PM, iwantcookies said:

Hey ma and Pa Rodrigues how about you 2 work/save $ to help Philip pay for school/car? 

Most parents let the kids work at 16 so they can save up for a car. Whatever the kid saves the parents match.

These 2 get F as parents. Philly is NEVER going to Hungary. 

I see some sap giving Phil a car. Maybe Jonathan 🙄.

My daughter started caddying at the local country club at 14.  She does that during the summers, and now, at 15, she also works part-time at Dairy Queen during the school year.  And picks up the odd pet-sitting job here and there. I told her she's not getting her license until she has a year's worth of car insurance saved up (Because, yo, that is EXPENSIVE, and I do believe she should pay for it both to demonstrate responsibility and to have the "realness" of the expense kind of hit home). So, she works.  

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Monkeyrocks said:

My daughter started caddying at the local country club at 14.  She does that during the summers, and now, at 15, she also works part-time at Dairy Queen during the school year.  And picks up the odd pet-sitting job here and there. I told her she's not getting her license until she has a year's worth of car insurance saved up (Because, yo, that is EXPENSIVE, and I do believe she should pay for it both to demonstrate responsibility and to have the "realness" of the expense kind of hit home). So, she works.  

You call that parenting? Sheesh Jill takes her children on bike rides to cemeteries! Can't compare at all. 

Of course her writing is appalling so I don't know if the cemetery was the destination or they appear to live in one.

Also Nurthan's kid is pretty cute. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I'm going to have to ask my mom why she never took me on a bike ride through a cememtery.🙄

I’m asking mine why we never sang hymns in a cemetery, lol.

• LOL 14

I mean I like visiting dead people (what we call cemetaries in our house) because of the history you can see.    But taking your  kids on a bike road and THAT is the photo opp you use?   That's just creepy.   But then, we've seen her lawn so ...

Going back to practical math, more schools should require this rather than algebra or geometry even those going to college.   For the Rods specifically, Jill would never teach anything that would let the kids figure out her scam.    "Hey Mom, I know how much we got as a love offering at our last screeching session, I checked grocery store prices.   That much should have fed all of us for a week, how come you told us there was only enough for us kids to split a chicken leg between us for 4 meals? "  (yes I know that's a horrible run on sentence).

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

And were the five little girls home with GWE? I can’t imagine him on a bike ride. Once again BME has to hangout with the older cool kids.

I don't think that GWE was taking care of the little ones. (And Kaylee) wasn't in the picture (that I saw, anyway) so she was probably at home with them. I doubt GWE has much to do with his children, other than making them help him with his work. I don't know if I'd really want him to, either.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I wonder how the Duggars feel about Lawson and Tiffany getting a People exclusive for their wedding?

I was wondering the same thing. I have always suspected Hilaria in particular was really ticked off that Claire and Justin's wedding didn't get the same media attention as previous Duggar weddings. 

• Love 8

We live near Lake View Cemetery. I love walking through there and exploring. It is gorgeous, peaceful, plus a lot of famous people are buried there. But… I have never taken a picture there, and I am very respectful of the history.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Going back to practical math, more schools should require this rather than algebra or geometry even those going to college. For the Rods specifically, Jill would never teach anything that would let the kids figure out her scam.    "Hey Mom, I know how much we got as a love offering at our last screeching session, I checked grocery store prices.   That much should have fed all of us for a week, how come you told us there was only enough for us kids to split a chicken leg between us for 4 meals? "  (yes I know that's a horrible run on sentence).

Yes I think everyone would benefit from that. I can't say that I use algebra or geometry much in my day-to-day life. (I use exactly one formula from the College Algebra class I took in my regular life. LOL) But the stuff I'd have learned in a practical math class are countless. 

I also agree that Jill doesn't want to empower her kids that much. She has much more power by keeping them ignorant and dependent on her than truly encouraging their ability to live independently. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I wonder how the Duggars feel about Lawson and Tiffany getting a People exclusive for their wedding?

They probably hate it, but I have no idea why People gave these nobodies an exclusive.

• Love 9
(edited)
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They stick by OLD FASHIONED values, they don't compromise, give up or waver.  They stand strong in the the power of God's might!  What a STELLAR example they are to the young generation, who seem to be bending and  compromising (in the droves) on CORE, Biblical issue.  😢  

So exactly which “values” is she referring to here? And which young people? Is she vaguebooking and too much of a coward to call them out by name? And I’m not sure what period of history she means by “old fashioned.” The 40s? The 50s? 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

How many people are selling plexus? 

A49ED6B5-5578-4B1A-8A8D-8AAD6E30D7AC.jpeg

aka the market is over saturated and nobody is making any money because all our potential customers are too busy selling to buy.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

aka the market is over saturated and nobody is making any money because all our potential customers are too busy selling to buy.

Not to mention that Plexus doesn’t work, lol. If it did, more of us would be considering it.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

So exactly which “values” is she referring to here? And which young people? Is she vaguebooking and is too much of a coward to call them out by name? And I’m not sure what period of history she means by “old fashioned.” The 40s? The 50s? 

If she gets too specific, she'll get called out. Then she'll have to cry herself to sleep because people are SOOO very mean to her.

It's hot in the Northeast today. It must be about time for the Rods in Ohio to have another exciting day swimming in a dirty drainage ditch in their gender-appropriate polyester street clothes while Jill takes photographs and the Man Hunk eats most of the picnic food. Isn't this the lifestyle all twenty-year-olds dream about? 

I wonder if Jill's Plexus neighbors are at a higher rank than she is. 

• Love 12
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

We live near Lake View Cemetery. I love walking through there and exploring. It is gorgeous, peaceful, plus a lot of famous people are buried there. But… I have never taken a picture there, and I am very respectful of the history.

Been there multiple times and love it. Elliot Ness?  John D Rockefeller?  James A Garfield?  Quite the history and some beautiful stones and mausoleums to boot.  The Tiffany windows in Garfield's mausoleum are exquisite.  Daffodil hill is not to be missed in spring.  What I've never done is take selfies there, and, were I to be riding a bike, I would never prop it against a headstone.

The Rods are such ignorant a**es who have repeatedly shown disrespect to places that are important to others.  They suck.  As for their 'old fashioned' values, it seems respect for history and the property of others isn't among them.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 18
40 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yes I think everyone would benefit from that. I can't say that I use algebra or geometry much in my day-to-day life. (I use exactly one formula from the College Algebra class I took in my regular life. LOL) But the stuff I'd have learned in a practical math class are countless. 

I also agree that Jill doesn't want to empower her kids that much. She has much more power by keeping them ignorant and dependent on her than truly encouraging their ability to live independently. 

Which formula?!?!? I'm a math teacher! I want to brag to my students about this! When they were toddlers, I taught my kids to recite the quadratic formula (also the Gettysburg address) because WHAT A GREAT PARTY TRICK. (I want to say that I'm a better mom than Jillpm, but I guess to a 3yo there's no difference between blindly memorizing bible passages and blindly memorizing the quadratic formula...). However, for the record, my kids are in their 30s and all self-supporting and living on their own... so I musta done better than she did....

• Love 14
(edited)

Jill's "old fashioned" bullshit usually emerges when she's butthurt about something. This time, it came out on the day after Lawson Bates' wedding. The bride wore a sleeveless gown with a slit halfway up her thigh. A perfect time for her to natter on about how HER children are better. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 9

I bet HUNK is home watching his map and eating nachos burping loudly and being stuffed into his fetching leggings! And probably looked up what a NIKE dress Tiffy wore to her wedding. He got quiet the eyeful. 

What a catch! Bet ya all jealous of me ! - Jill pm Rodrigues 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill's "old fashioned" bullshit usually emerges when she's butthurt about something. This time, it came out on the day after Lawson Bates' wedding. The bride wore a sleeveless gown with a slit halfway up her thigh. A perfect time for her to natter on about how HER children are better. 

Exactly. But she must vaguebook because she’s too much of a coward to simply say exactly what she means. Stand by your truth, right Jill? I guess this also means she’s eagerly searching for pictures of Lawson’s wedding.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe Philly can ride a bike to school? 

A winter of commuting by whatever means, and he'll be happy to drop out. I hope he gets some of the $2.50 lunches before he leaves.  

25 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

The Rods are such ignorant a**es who have repeatedly shown disrespect to places that are important to others.  They suck.  As for their 'old fashioned' values, it seems respect for history and the property of others isn't among them.

Neither is being truthful, at least for Jill. 

5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill's "old fashioned" bullshit usually emerges when she's butthurt about something. This time, it came out on the day after Lawson Bates' wedding. The bride wore a sleeveless gown with a slit halfway up her thigh. A perfect time for her to batter on about how HER children are better. 

They also chartered a yacht and got a story in People. Jill is SEVERELY jealous. Kaylee's going to get the Gravel Garden and a bunch of shaky videos with Best Momma cackling in the background. (I hope she has a nice day, really.)

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

And she’s probably still resentful that she was cut from the invitation list after showing up to one of the Bates weddings with her daughters dressed in white and boorishly planted her clan on one of the front rows. Was that Michael’s wedding? 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

I wonder if Joy yelled “Nike” at the sight of the bride? 🤣 We’ll never know what the Duggars and Duggar adjacents really think. They’re all two-faced cowards just like Jill R.

2 minutes ago, SMama said:

And she’s probably still resentful that she was cut from the invitation list after showing up to one of the Bates weddings with her daughters dressed in white and boorishly planted her clan on one of the front rows. Was that Michael’s wedding? 

Did any of the Bates actually ever have a relationship with any of the Rods?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I wonder if Joy yelled “Nike” at the sight of the bride? 🤣 We’ll never know what the Duggars and Duggar adjacents really think. They’re all two-faced cowards just like Jill R.

I don’t think so but fundies invite hundreds to their weddings. Some here know much more than me so please correct me if I’m misremembering or conflating. Jill certainly was off the Duggar invite list after stupidly posting an invite to brag on SM.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Jill probably cozied up to Kelly at one of the many Duggar weddings she attended before she was blackballed. I am pretty sure that I've seen pictures of Jill with various Bateses, but it's been years.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Okay admittedly my family is kinda weird but we all like exploring cemeteries. (Not just my immediate family of my dad and grandparents either. My great uncle also loves it and bonded with a distant cousin through cemetery walking. It is deep in the paternal genes apparently.) It is often really peaceful, and it is an interesting way to experience history.

I was in college before I realized people find it creepy. But we don't take pictures of ourselves doing it and we're also really respectful of the graves, unlike Jill.

We explore older cemeteries but with respect for the dead. 

• Love 8

At least Lawson didn't sing about how he'd be loyal to Tiffany. She and Lawson deserve each other. I don't know whose ego is more inflated.

Why would Nurthan announce before they heard the heartbeat? 

• Love 5
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

At least Lawson didn't sing about how he'd be loyal to Tiffany. She and Lawson deserve each other. I don't know whose ego is more inflated.

Why would Nurthan announce before they heard the heartbeat? 

Nurthan seem to announce before the pee is dry. Nemo's pregnancy seemed to go on forever.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I actually use algebra when comparing prices with percentage discounts. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

A winter of commuting by whatever means, and he'll be happy to drop out. I hope he gets some of the $2.50 lunches before he leaves.  

Neither is being truthful, at least for Jill. 

They also chartered a yacht and got a story in People. Jill is SEVERELY jealous. Kaylee's going to get the Gravel Garden and a bunch of shaky videos with Best Momma cackling in the background. (I hope she has a nice day, really.)

Phillip will be attending Bible College in Massillon which is around 25 miles from the barndo in Wooster.  Even in good weather, it would be impractical to bike to school.  Many of the roads are blacktop with drainage ditches on both sides, running through farmland.  If he gets a flat or other breakdown, he might easily have to hoof it several miles to civilization.  No bike riding on the freeway, either, so his trip will probably be much longer than 25 miles each way.

I actually use algebra when comparing prices with percentage discounts.

I make quilts and a cursory knowledge of geometry is helpful when figuring out the designs.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Many of the roads are blacktop with drainage ditches on both sides, running through farmland.  

The Rodriguii don't think of them as drainage ditches, more like potential swimming pools! 😉

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Phillip will be attending Bible College in Massillon which is around 25 miles from the barndo in Wooster.  Even in good weather, it would be impractical to bike to school.  Many of the roads are blacktop with drainage ditches on both sides, running through farmland.  If he gets a flat or other breakdown, he might easily have to hoof it several miles to civilization.  No bike riding on the freeway, either, so his trip will probably be much longer than 25 miles each way.

It's too bad he can't live on campus. It would probably cheaper than buying gasoline for whatever he ends up with for a car. 

• Love 9
(edited)
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It's too bad he can't live on campus. It would probably cheaper than buying gasoline for whatever he ends up with for a car. 

Surely they have another sweet friend who has a musty basement room for Phillip. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 10

If Jill or her kids every attended school, she/they likely would have learned about the history of local and national cemeteries and maybe even gone on field trips to one or two.

And maybe if Jill and her kids attended school she/they would know of the many struggles during years past. She would know 'old fashioned' times were pretty hard for anyone who wasn't a white man.

Maybe JillR should go fuck herself.

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I make quilts and a cursory knowledge of geometry is helpful when figuring out the designs.

Geometry can be helpful in knitting and baking, too — not that Jill would ever let Phillip do women’s work or anything where he might be able to snag some food. 

• Love 7