Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The way JillR presents David on SM is kinda scary. He never seems to be interacting with anyone. Always standing alone or sitting staring off into space. Very rarely is he smiling or engaged in conversation.

Maybe that's who he became after years with Jill and a slew of children to compete with. Maybe he's just a quiet/shy guy. Or maybe he's a guy who ends up on Dateline.

I'd save Dateline for one of the Rod boys, unfortunately. David is too lazy to cause any trouble at this point in his life. 

Was the topic of Jonathan's bonfire devotional rooting out local witches for immolation? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'd save Dateline for one of the Rod boys, unfortunately. David is too lazy to cause any trouble at this point in his life. 

Was the topic of Jonathan's bonfire devotional rooting out local witches for immolation? 

Unfortunately, I can see David and Tim snapping at the same time. I hope their combined stupidity will get them found out before they get beyond burning Jill's stuffed animals.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

What is on that plate?  At first I thought it was mashed potatoes and corn, then increasing the zoom it looked more like scrambled eggs with some sort of cream sauce.  How appetizing!

Mac and cheese 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

The gal drinking has a look in her eyes like really, you are actually asking/saying that?

That’s his sister who probably wishes she could have an alcoholic beverage at the boring party 🤣

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The way JillR presents David on SM is kinda scary. He never seems to be interacting with anyone. Always standing alone or sitting staring off into space. Very rarely is he smiling or engaged in conversation.

Maybe that's who he became after years with Jill and a slew of children to compete with. Maybe he's just a quiet/shy guy. Or maybe he's a guy who ends up on Dateline.

I find it really odd that when he’s in the recliner there’s  never a child on his lap. Around here, when the grandkids are present, if you’re in the recliner there’s at least one little one on your lap. Do we ever see him holding the little girls at all?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

I find it really odd that when he’s in the recliner there’s  never a child on his lap.

I find it more disturbing than odd. I think the children have known from infancy that he doesn't like them or want to be bothered by them.

Jill's video of the "older children" and their easter jelly bean hunt was telling. David is asleep in the recliner and they are all doing frantic tiptoeing around the room and whispering to each other while searching for jelly beans, even Jonathon.

Couldn't they wait until he woke up or is that the usual, David sleeping in the recliner and everyone tip toes around not to disturb him? In the one video where the children were stuffing envelopes for the ladies retreat late at night, david was in the background in the recliner watching a video on the map about being a good father and how it meant being a champion for your kids and standing up for them, encouraging them etc. The audio was loud enough to be heard clearly.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill's video of the "older children" and their easter jelly bean hunt was telling. David is asleep in the recliner and they are all doing frantic tiptoeing around the room and whispering to each other while searching for jelly beans, even Jonathon.

Couldn't they wait until he woke up or is that the usual, David sleeping in the recliner and everyone tip toes around not to disturb him? In the one video where the children were stuffing envelopes for the ladies retreat late at night, david was in the background in the recliner watching a video on the map about being a good father and how it meant being a champion for your kids and standing up for them, encouraging them etc. The audio was loud enough to be heard clearly.

Throwing a stack of yellow paper in the printing press and pushing a button is very taxing, doncha know.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It’s a screenshot. Hunk was standing/talking to another man.

Excuse me: in Jill speak its

Hunk was having a sweet fellowship moment.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

4D0C62A8-FFA8-495D-A394-D243B848BA0A.jpeg

C5B929C7-910F-4D2A-8BC8-D1E5129048BB.jpeg

What in the world is a primitive, handmade air freshener?  I’m picturing a smiley tract folded like a fan. 

And Nurie, if you wrote that how about you get your baby a decent car seat before you lecture other people about their mothering skills.  

280339273_10160436577969759_3638828550619552549_n.jpg

Edited by Kbo
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Kbo said:

What in the world is a primitive, handmade air freshener?  I’m picturing a smiley tract folded like a fan. 

You're close. It's a cardboard cutout that has been painted, soaked in scent, and hung with a ribbon or string tie. They look like those things that people put on their rearview mirrors, but, well, more primitive. I suppose a mini smiley tract sprayed with Aqua Net would work. 

That reminds me, how are things at the Creamy Ivory Cream faux-Amish boutique? Has Mrs. Pastor Joy Baptist given up yet? Is Jill unloading copies of her latest bestseller? Does Jill even remember where the booth is? 

• LOL 18
(edited)
57 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

You're close. It's a cardboard cutout that has been painted, soaked in scent, and hung with a ribbon or string tie. They look like those things that people put on their rearview mirrors, but, well, more primitive. I suppose a mini smiley tract sprayed with Aqua Net would work. 

That reminds me, how are things at the Creamy Ivory Cream faux-Amish boutique? Has Mrs. Pastor Joy Baptist given up yet? Is Jill unloading copies of her latest bestseller? Does Jill even remember where the booth is? 

Lol why would anyone buy one of those “primitive” air fresheners when they could make their own in 10 min? And I hate to imagine what overbearing perfumey scent they soaked the cardboard in.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Lol why would anyone buy one of those “primitive” air fresheners when they could make their own in 10 min? And I hate to imagine what overbearing perfumey scene they soaked the cardboard in.

Luckily, they're not for sale. They're throw-ins for the first 10 orders. Yes, I watched the video. Renee is so much better at sales than Kaylee.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Luckily, they're not for sale.

They were at one point... there are reviews for the air fresheners on their Etsy page from as recently as January.

All their reviews (for the air fresheners and the earrings) are glowing...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Hunk is bow legged? Poor wee fellow needs to eat some oranges/plexus! It would fix all his problems. 

C1481144-A58D-4E6E-9D05-68CCA39B3DA6.jpeg

Bow legged—or has Jilldo’s crotch photoshopping habit struck again?

• LOL 6

The sisters have all arrived the Lawson's wedding.

So far Josie got to cross sailing off her "bucket list". She brought her "BFF" (soon to be SIL) along. She just happens to be a photographer. They spent part of the sail below deck and of course ended with a photoshoot.

Carlin spent her time getting ready for the rehearsal dinner schilling hair crap and made sure someone filmed her at the rehearsal.

I guess there's no rest for the influencing weary. 📱📷💻

• LOL 8
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Lol why would anyone buy one of those “primitive” air fresheners when they could make their own in 10 min? And I hate to imagine what overbearing perfumey scent they soaked the cardboard in.

why would anyone buy one when they were for sale, when you can go buy real ones from the auto parts store for like $1.   No shipping involved.    As for a freebie with a sale, it's not much of an incentive.   Because again, you can get the good ones for incredibly cheap.

• Love 5

I always laughed that one of the scents they offered was called Love Potion. What would that even smell like? What if it defrauded someone or satan used the scent to make a person fall in love with someone other than the person god intended?? 

• LOL 18
39 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I always laughed that one of the scents they offered was called Love Potion. What would that even smell like? What if it defrauded someone or satan used the scent to make a person fall in love with someone other than the person god intended?? 

Maybe Hilaria and Jason were in a car with a primitive love potion air freshener.

• LOL 15
On 5/11/2022 at 7:59 AM, iwantcookies said:

Is Jonathan cold ? Poor kid looks sad and pitiful… he definitely became a Rodrigues…

BDE8929D-11F9-4017-846E-7B018FD913C1.jpeg

I think he’s staring at the fire and pondering these questions: “WTF have I done and how can I get out of it?”

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I’m sure the “good father” video was Jill’s idea.  She was hoping that it would convince her viewers that David really is a good father and/or she was hoping that it would subconsciously/subliminally provoke David into actually being being a good father.  From what I’ve seen, David’s grade as a father is a big, fat F-.  He sucks at fatherhood.

In the Etsy video, did you notice how Kaylee was talking to Janessa?  She sounded just like Jill with the baby talk.  Janessa is 4-years-old and is still either sucking on a nasty rag or sucking her thumb in nearly every video she’s in.  In the video where they’re roasting marshmallows, Jill shoves the phone in Janessa’s face.  Janessa quickly removed the thumb from her mouth and started  rubbing her eye.  I still can’t figure out what that was about.

• Love 4

I dread to think of Tim years from now with a depressed wife and a bunch of unkept kids, still living in the little RV next to the pet cemetery. He'll lie on the sofa bed and reminisce about his failed burden of being a missionary pilot. Phillip will likely meet the same fate, sitting in a recliner dreaming of Hungary, a country he never got to see. 

How many campers and trailers can the Rods' lot hold? Each Rod son will need a space because, like their slug of a father, they aren't going anywhere. Their parents have made sure of that. 

The girls who don't marry will stay in the Barndo, taking care of their aged parents. If David's still around, his heart problems/diabetes will have made him an invalid. Jill will be more frustrated and unbalanced than she is now. Not only will her looks fade, years of drinking Plexus will have ruined her digestive system, so she'll sit on the toilet across from the fecal chair whining to God about how people are persecuting her for being the Bestest Christian Momma Ever.  

Just surrender to the right God, folks, and all of this can be yours too!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I think he’s staring at the fire and pondering these questions: “WTF have I done and how can I get out of it?”

No amount of sex is worth dealing with JRod for the rest of your life. There are plenty of single girls out there that don't come with JRod strings attached. 

I see Tim's future like that episode of the Simpsons where Lisa is president and Bart is this massive loser. Tim is the Bart Simpson in this scenario, none of them are the Lisa to be clear. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, LilJen said:

Bow legged—or has Jilldo’s crotch photoshopping habit struck again?

Hmmm...I don't know. I kinda feel that if there was any indication in that photo that there was something there to be envious of, Jill wouldn't be able to err on the side of not showing off her hunka burnin' love ...(excuse me while I vomit. The brain bleach wasn't strong enough to block that mental image).

• LOL 8
9 hours ago, crazy8s said:

It probably smells like baby powder. After all, what does a Love Potion do but create little blessings?

• LOL 10
10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

It’s the Ben Seewald look.

• LOL 20
  • Love 4
(edited)

Jill wrote an eyeroll inducing tribute to Phillip to recognize his graduation. It's really bad...

And ugh, GWE shares a birthday with my liberal hippie sister. A runner and involved parent, she's David's polar opposite.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 6

That letter was ... something.  I did a dramatic reading for my boyfriend and while he has no idea who these people are (lucky him!) he asked me to stop after my very, very dramatic ALL CAPS and EXCLAMATION POINTS actions.  In hind sight, I probably looked like a maniac.

Phillip's part, whew!  That reads like fridge magnet poetry.  Word vomit and none of it made sense.  I can't wait til he starts school at MBC and finds how under-educated he is compared to everyone else.  

I also have to confess:  I have literally NO idea who these people are and all I do know is from reading this forum.  You all have painted quite a picture and I have no doubt if I were to run into any of them IRL, I'd know immediately who they are (not just from the pics I've seen here, either!).

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Phill plans on getting his 3 year degree, after which he will obtain his "Master's" by completing a 4th year. Yes, you read that right.

It's a "three year program" - don't forget the quotation marks! 

So much cringe in their announcement.

• LOL 14

Straight to the grift, expecting others to provide a car and tuition. Jill, commuting is driving back and forth you ignorant hack. Phillip should have been working as soon as it was legally possible. Let’s see what kind of lie Jill will come up with when Phillip fails miserably. 

• Love 16