Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
41 minutes ago, beagletime said:

Sierra has developed a skill that earns income.  Teaching and selling her pottery. 

With all the kids in the Rod family, they could have a home-based empire.  Sewing, alterations, quilting, refinishing furniture, knitting, road-side vegetable or flower stand.  Of course, this would mean actually teaching and helping the children learn skills.  Investing in some practical training and equipment for them to use.  Jill needs to go from just admiring the Amish to studying the work ethic.  I hate (a word I rarely use) Jill and the way she has stunted and terrified the children into submission to her will.  

But the Not-Nuries have their earring empire! And Hunk has the monopoly on Smiley face religious tracts. Jill is the innovator of the latest landscaping trend, the " Trashy Cemetery ", and Tim is climbing the charts with his musical career. When would they have time for those mundane tasks you suggest?

ETA: Apparently @saturnrose and I were thinking the same thing!

Edited by Liddy52
  • LOL 14
48 minutes ago, beagletime said:

Sierra has developed a skill that earns income.  Teaching and selling her pottery. 

With all the kids in the Rod family, they could have a home-based empire.  Sewing, alterations, quilting, refinishing furniture, knitting, road-side vegetable or flower stand.  Of course, this would mean actually teaching and helping the children learn skills.  Investing in some practical training and equipment for them to use.  Jill needs to go from just admiring the Amish to studying the work ethic.  I hate (a word I rarely use) Jill and the way she has stunted and terrified the children into submission to her will.  

This goes for the Duggars, too. Instead of exploiting their kids for $$, they could learn skills.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

CCF3E036-D301-4F14-BDA7-E669E279164B.jpeg

19730610-6783-4CC2-B057-74F209B234B2.jpeg

2BCE24FB-941C-4F63-9613-F78440613E2D.jpeg

Wow is Sammers really that much taller than his brothers? Isn’t he younger than Timbits and Philly? He’s the best looking of the bunch too.

• Love 9
(edited)

Ummm debs is Jilldo selling plexus for you? 
Why is debs in love with Jilldo?

Debs has a spouse for Timcel ?

Im truly fascinated by this relationship.

or is debs sleeping with HUNK? 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 6
16 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Wow is Sammers really that much taller than his brothers? Isn’t he younger than Timbits and Philly? He’s the best looking of the bunch too.

Yes Sam is younger than Tim and Phil.Gabe is the youngest brother.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Ironically, Sam looks the most like David, but he has a MUCH better smile. And yeah, he looks nothing like the other three, who all tend to look like each other.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Ironically, Sam looks the most like David, but he has a MUCH better smile. And yeah, he looks nothing like the other three, who all tend to look like each other.

Hopefully Sam won’t develop a gut like David.

• LOL 1

Here again we have the 4 boys in clothing that is both from this decade and that fits them. All 4 are wearing church appropriate footwear which appears to be the right size for them. Ties are tied properly etc

Every time jill posts a pic like this of the "men", it makes the way the girls dress look that much worse. ☹️

• Love 14
(edited)
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Here again we have the 4 boys in clothing that is both from this decade and that fits them. All 4 are wearing church appropriate footwear which appears to be the right size for them. Ties are tied properly etc

Every time jill posts a pic like this of the "men", it makes the way the girls dress look that much worse. ☹️

The boys don't make Jill look bad. The girls looking like modern-day workhouse escapees make Jill look better. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 4

It's not a great photo, but sadly, it's one of the best ones I've seen of the boys. They all have some expression into their faces, the angles make their faces not look so gaunt. Wait for Jill to delete it now!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I HATE her nickname for Sam almost as much as the name Spurgeon, lol. It just grates.

2 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Or pull their hands out of their pockets while on stage singing.

Soooo irritating.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

CCF3E036-D301-4F14-BDA7-E669E279164B.jpeg

19730610-6783-4CC2-B057-74F209B234B2.jpeg

2BCE24FB-941C-4F63-9613-F78440613E2D.jpeg

I’d rather listen to nails on a chalkboard.

That shirt fits Phillip.  WTH didn’t he wear that for his “senior pictures”?

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Samuel is not only much better looking, but he also doesn’t have the creep factor that Timmy and Phillip have.  Sam appears to be a nice, normal guy, who deserves a nice, normal job, wife and life. Fingers crossed. 🤞🏻

• Love 16
(edited)
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

Samuel is not only much better looking, but he also doesn’t have the creep factor that Timmy and Phillip have.  Sam appears to be a nice, normal guy, who deserves a nice, normal job, wife and life. Fingers crossed. 🤞🏻

Unfortunately, I’m sure that despite his slightly more attractive appearance that he’s been raised to be as hateful and brainwashed as the others. I don’t wish that on any woman.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Or husband....

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Until he opens his mouth to speak. He has the same voice as TimBits unfortunately.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Until he opens his mouth to speak. He has the same voice as TimBits unfortunately.

And the same beliefs as instilled by BME and GWE.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

How does she rate clothes that match?  Most of the other kids look like their clothing is from the rag bag. This outfit looks like it is new and not from a thrift store.  She looks "normal" in this picture.  Hold old is she?  Is this a pre-courting advert?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

How does she rate clothes that match?  Most of the other kids look like their clothing is from the rag bag. This outfit looks like it is new and not from a thrift store.  She looks "normal" in this picture.  Hold old is she?  Is this a pre-courting advert?

Tessie is 14. I'm not sure when her birthday is, but I want to say she'll be 15 soon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Tessie is 14. I'm not sure when her birthday is, but I want to say she'll be 15 soon.

I guess it is never too early to get on the pre-courting list.  She is a pretty girl.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

B70BADCE-379C-436F-8F58-4E3ECEDB327F.jpeg

E9454721-1310-4FB1-B980-A9491E7EBBCF.jpeg

Sadly it appeared that while BME had a nice warm puffy coat on, Tessie and Hannah were shivering in short sleeves on Girls Night Out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

First thing I noticed was that her shoes actually fit. Second thing was JillyRod always has to make sure we all know how much better they all are by constantly mentioning God in all of her posts. We get it, JillyBean. You are the favorite one. *eye roll*

Does she get money for every time she mentions God in her posts?

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

"Tessie has always loved style and fashion.  Too bad it's all for nothing, as I hope to have her married off in 4 years and she'll be popping out more grandbabies for me to smother shortly after that!  Love you, Tessie!"

- Mama

Seriously, why do these Fundie parents even bother telling us what their kids like to do or are good at when it means literally nothing?  There could be a doctor, an artist, a physicist, a nurse, or a teacher in the Rod group but none of it will ever come to fruition.  So - shut up, Jill.

I bet a Grandma gave Tessie that ensemble.  No way did BME or GWE cough up the money.

31 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

"Tessie has always loved style and fashion.  Too bad it's all for nothing, as I hope to have her married off in 4 years and she'll be popping out more grandbabies for me to smother shortly after that!  Love you, Tessie!"

- Mama

Seriously, why do these Fundie parents even bother telling us what their kids like to do or are good at when it means literally nothing?  There could be a doctor, an artist, a physicist, a nurse, or a teacher in the Rod group but none of it will ever come to fruition.  So - shut up, Jill.

So very sad but true.  Those young people never get a chance to develop life skills that would be fulfilling,  especially the girls.  Just baby after baby.  

57 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I bet a Grandma gave Tessie that ensemble.  No way did BME or GWE cough up the money.

So very sad but true.  Those young people never get a chance to develop life skills that would be fulfilling,  especially the girls.  Just baby after baby.  

They don’t even learn many of the basic homemaking skills, like cooking. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill traipsing around with her litter of daughters minus HUNK… wonder how many people thought Jill was a single mother! 

But she doesn’t have the purple hair, doncha know? Bleached, fried hair and cheap extensions are so much more godly. Surely anyone who sees her knows this!

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill is wearing a coat. 3/4 kids not dressed appropriately… gee how shocking 

EAA771A1-9DEB-47C2-BEB1-15505955C27C.jpeg

3C042AC9-486A-421B-A1F2-281F804D5180.jpeg

That poor girl is freezing while BME is wearing a warm jacket. Way to go, Jilly. Way to go.

The top picture really emphasizes Tessa's hatchet job eyebrows. Leave them alone, for chrissake!

• Love 1

I get the unsettling idea that Tessie wasn't wearing a coat in the freezing weather because Jill had made sure to dress her up so nicely in order to parade her around town and wanted male eyes on her daughter.  If she had been dressed for the weather in a coat LIKE JILL'S, no boys would look at her twice.  

I actually hope none of that is true, but I can think of no other explanation as to why Tessie was not only NOT wearing a coat, but wearing short sleeves in what was clearly cold weather.  Either that or Tessie talked back to BME and her punishment was to go out in the cold with a smile and not show anyone that she was actually freezing.

I would like to say that it was Tessie's choice to not wear a coat, as normal teenagers often do, but I know that can't be the reason, as these kids aren't allowed to think for themselves.

Whatever the reason it makes me very angry, and I hate Jill and her stupid grinning face in her warm puffy coat.

• Love 15