Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

If we go with Nurthan and Kaythan, then Renee will have to marry a guy named Ethan...

Ben Seewald has a brother named Ethan who is only a couple years younger than Renee. Jill could start collecting Duggar in-laws...

A Rodrigues-Spivey match would be kind of awesome...

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3

The heavy makeup is very aging. Renee looks so young and fresh without it. Beautiful Kaylee, sadly, looks twenty years older than she is. 

Jill must be advertising her golden boy. However, I think he needs a periodontist. His gums look red and swollen. Loose teeth and bad breath are the last things he needs in his life. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

On the Timothy post, a comment from Jill, and Timothy’s reply to someone asking, “When are we going to hear from you about your finished schooling?  Pilot Timothy”

E7BBA152-9C09-48B8-A927-EC76B529CF4D.jpeg

16B0265D-AC70-41C7-B32F-085A53701C8D.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 2

Ok, so 2 things. Didn't one of us say there was no record of TimBits ever having a pilot's license?

And was it announced yet that Kiki is INSISTING that BME be her Matron of Honor? That will be forthcoming. And I am sure somehow the nuptials will "coincidentally" coincide with the 25th Anniversary of GWE and BME. And the spotlight will be off the Bride and Groom. Because it is all about JillRod anyway...

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

If his middle name is David, Tim may indeed hold a private pilot's license, according to the FAA registry. Only good for single engine planes, if it's him.

that certainly wasn't there last time I searched. I wonder if he just got around to doing the required every 2 yr review or something.

"Once you've achieved the title of a pilot you'll never lose it. Every 2 years you have to do what is called a flight review to keep your license current. The flight review is basically a checkout flight with an instructor to make sure that you are still a safe or competent pilot"

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 6

I know, right?!

It does seem like the children actually LIKE swimming (as opposed to fake-liking something because Jill wants them to) so while I hate that they beg for things, why not beg for modest swimwear, so that they can do more of it......safely!

• Love 10

I will say that I'm glad to see that both the boys and girls have to cover up when swimming. Growing up as a female, I was always beat over the head with the message that a swimsuit would cause my Christian brothers to stumble, but they could swim with no shirt on while I was supposed to wear a modest swimsuit and encouraged to wear a tee shirt over it. I think it's all over-the-top, but at least they're treating both sexes the same in one instance.

• Love 13

If the Rods wear swimwear of any kind, they won't be "separate."

The kids have snorkels, goggles, and floaties . Can't Jill pick up some bathing caps at the Dollar Store too?  If they must swim in private pools and they must swim in street clothes, can't they at least try to prevent all that hair from clogging the pool filter? It's not like they're being asked to wear a face mask in public to curb a deadly virus or anything outrageous like that. 

Edited by BradandJanet
missing word
  • Love 14

Getting back to Tim, could anyone explain to me what he is talking about in statement #2 about "holding a music standard"? What does this mean? Is he talking about everyone in the family being proficient at a musical instrument? I have never come across this phrase before, and his answer to the question doesn't explain things very well.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

Getting back to Tim, could anyone explain to me what he is talking about in statement #2 about "holding a music standard"? What does this mean? Is he talking about everyone in the family being proficient at a musical instrument? I have never come across this phrase before, and his answer to the question doesn't explain things very well.

I think it refers to the music they play and listen to. Only  "old fashion" hymns or this shite that Jill composes. No secular music or even modern Christian music. They've  (well Jill)  spoken very vociferously on this in the past.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

I think he's talking about only listening to Godly music. Nothing secular, nothing remotely modern, nothing you'd be tempted to dance to. 

• Love 7

I was puzzled because I have heard of  "upholding a (music) standard", or "holding oneself to a (music) standard", but not "holding a music standard". Frankly, when I saw the word "standard", my first thought was of a banner or flag a military regiment would stand behind. I was picturing a standard bearer holding a flag with a musical note on it, but of course I knew that couldn't be right. lol

Edited by AnnaBaptist
  • LOL 9
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It's not unusual to be confused when trying to decipher what a Rod is trying to communicate! I've just had a lot of practice. 😂

He is a native english speaker, supposedly, yet he can barely string a coherent sentence together.

Jill is a total and utter Monster.

• Love 2

"flying whenever I, or God provides" (fixed punctuation)

Flying whenever I can grift some money out of people, in other words.   Amazing how God wants him to have flying lessons.   Because, of course, God cares about this family having a pilot more than than He/She/It/They care about poor families having enough to eat.   Because this family believes in the Right Jesus and has a music standard.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

Now that the baby factory has likely shut down and Jilldo is marrying off her kids as quickly as possible, their days of grifting from church to church may be numbered. The attraction was a big family of waifs singing for their supper. It just won't be the same when they're down to a few pure male "leaders" (harder to sell in marriage) & Sophia & Janessa. 

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Free food !

5F42A76E-E9EC-4104-BBB6-689F52F8B5DB.jpeg

Thank you for all the freebies for our lazy parents! Yay!

Momsy has gained some weight. 

It’s her severely injured knee you see, she can’t exercise!

Can’t help but notice that JillR is sitting nowhere near any of the younger Rodlets. And it appears GWE is at the end of the table, easy access to additional helpings of food.

• Love 8

Jill, if you want to impress people with your youthful, slim, girlish figure (Plexus Slim!), you should avoid posing with your underfed waifs. You look, well, bloated in comparison. 

Pastor and Mrs. Sawyer, you can fix your swimming pool and clean your house now. The hoard of grifters is leaving. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

What is with fundies and their insistence on wearing matching clothing? Is it because there are so many of them that they need to be color coded so they know they are related to each other? It’s not just the ones with 75 children, it happens when there is just two of them (see: Jonathan and NotNurie’s engagement photos). It’s pathological. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

What if Jill wants Kaythan to stay in Ohio :

So she can use her future grandchildren for grifting purposes 

Like you all said her kids are growing up/married off 

Jill needs new cute kids to continue her grift 

enter Kaylee and Jon ready to breed for Jesause (Jill) 

• Useful 4
26 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill, if you want to impress people with your youthful, slim, girlish figure (Plexus Slim!), you should avoid posing with your underfed waifs. You look, well, bloated in comparison. 

Pastor and Mrs. Sawyer, you can fix your swimming pool and clean your house now. The hoard of grifters is leaving. 

Bloated momsy and gwe: is f ing hilarious!

I doubt she can fit into the maid of honor dress anymore 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

What if Jill wants Kaythan to stay in Ohio :

So she can use her future grandchildren for grifting purposes 

Like you all said her kids are growing up/married off 

Jill needs new cute kids to continue her grift 

enter Kaylee and Jon ready to breed for Jesause (Jill) 

At some point, Jill will also need sons-in-law conveniently close to support her and GWE when they can no longer do the stink van tours. The married daughters will be Jill and David's biggest grift victims. 

2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I doubt she can fit into the maid of honor dress anymore 

She'll just buy a new one. Will everyone get new matching dresses for this wedding, or do purple and green happen to be AndKaylee's favorite colors too? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

A ST discussion brought up Phillip wanting to go on a mission to Hungary. This makes me wonder when, or if, the Rodlets find out there are other folks who don't speak English. Like how does this ever come up? Certainly not during the Joyful Rod education.

• Love 4