Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Kaylee is grimacing for Mahmo's photoshoot. I had hoped she could leave that tortured expression behind when she left home, but BME are her camera are close enough to make sure Kaylee performs on cue. 

Are Jonathan and Kaylee having Christmas with his family in Mississippi? That would be a nice Christmas break for them. Will Tim be at the Coveretts? Excellent. Sam and Renee are adults without steady incomes, so, apparently, they are somewhat useless at holidays. Jill needs people who can buy her stuff and take her and Hunk to the Nice Olive Garden. There won't be anyone around to do that. 

Edited by BradandJanet
Little grammar fix
  • Like 14
  • Useful 1
54 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Wow, is the pee stick even dry?

It’s still damp!  Many years ago we announced our pregnancy at Thanksgiving - literally hours after peeing on said stick.  Due date was end of July…  

*disclaimer - we had no intention of announcing so early.  Randomly asked a question about having children and it all came out LOL.

• Like 8

I wonder if Newman will get the Nemo treatment and become a second-class grandson when the new baby arrives.  And I just know that in no way will there be three carseats in their car.  And I'm also sure that whatever "carseat" they get will be used from a yard sale or thrift shop which has possible already gone through an accident.  These people are so careless with their babies.

• Like 4
  • Sad 15
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wonder if Newman will get the Nemo treatment and become a second-class grandson when the new baby arrives.  And I just know that in no way will there be three carseats in their car.  And I'm also sure that whatever "carseat" they get will be used from a yard sale or thrift shop which has possible already gone through an accident.  These people are so careless with their babies.

He will if the new baby is a girl. ALL the grandsons will be pushed aside if Jill gets her highly coveted granddaughter.  I hope Nurie only has boys!

• Like 17
51 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

The Rod family has the unintentionally funniest pregnancy reveal once again. A sad looking bun in the oven. Where does JillyBean come up with these ideas? 

and why are they doing this silly announcement at 10pm??

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
23 minutes ago, Nysha said:

The little Keller boys always look so sad and fearful. I have a feeling Nurthan are using the Pearl method of beating resistance out of babies.

I also think there's a little 'kick the dog' going on. It seems to me there has never been any 'be kind to your siblings' encouragement in the JRod family and we saw how Nurie was fine with Nemo being (innocently) rough with newborn Newmie.

These Fundy families get their children to align with their parents, which in turn pits the kids against each other. So when the Keller babies are around the Rods its likely the two youngest girls treat them like they've been treated.

Nurie likely thinks this is the way to raise kids and I'm fairly certain she's a bit of a smug bitch and likely wears the pants in her family.

• Like 3
  • Sad 16
  • Useful 1

It’s sad, really. As much as these people claim to read their Bibles, you’d think they’d remember all the times sibling rivalry caused problems: Cain and Abel, Jacob and Esau, Jacob’s kids. Of course, the way they look at it, they probably think those stories turned out well. Also, they’re barely literate people trying to comprehend the KJV, so….

Makes me think of my sweet grandma. Her biggest goal as a mother was that her four children would love each other and get along, without jealousy or competition and she continued that philosophy with her grandchildren. Healthy competition is fine, but mean-spiritedness and resentment are not. With some of these fundies, it seems to be encouraged. I get along great with my sisters and my nephew and nieces are all super-close. I would think the Rod way would be very stressful and anxiety-inducing!

• Like 16
  • Love 7

the little keller boys seem less bug eyed and frightened in the pics Nurie sends to mama to post.

Other than hearing their dad "wailing to the lord" before he can eat dinner, the little boys probably have a lot of quiet. Then they visit MIMI and all that squealing, staying up late, phones out filming everything scares the crap out of them. Janessa is certainly allowed to drag them around for mama to film how cute it is.

I did laugh a bit when the Keller family did the 10pm announcement. Jill talking to Tessie or Hannah and she falters over "you will have a..........new nephew or niece"  It was such an awkward pause, I think she was really wanting to say new brother or sister.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, AgathaC said:

It’s sad, really. As much as these people claim to read their Bibles, you’d think they’d remember all the times sibling rivalry caused problems: Cain and Abel, Jacob and Esau, Jacob’s kids. Of course, the way they look at it, they probably think those stories turned out well. Also, they’re barely literate people trying to comprehend the KJV, so….

Makes me think of my sweet grandma. Her biggest goal as a mother was that her four children would love each other and get along, without jealousy or competition and she continued that philosophy with her grandchildren. Healthy competition is fine, but mean-spiritedness and resentment are not. With some of these fundies, it seems to be encouraged. I get along great with my sisters and my nephew and nieces are all super-close. I would think the Rod way would be very stressful and anxiety-inducing!

Easier to control.   If the kids can't unite together against the parents and are competing for attention/love from the parents they are more willing to do what the parents want in the way the parents want.

See Jill Duggar who was trying SOOOOO hard to please Daddy.   And look how he treated her for actually finding standing on her own.  

• Like 18

When I saw the pregnancy announcement my first thought was that Jill had been after both Nurie and Kaylee to hurry up and get pregnant. "We have to divert the news from Tim and Heidi acting like a normal engaged couple."  I wouldn't be shocked if Kaylee announces a pregnancy by the end of the year, but I hope I'm wrong and she's enjoying being a mother of one and spending time with Gideon.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Sad 9

Here I was looking at the pictures Jill posted at the Christmas light show and I thought, "Wow, Nurie isn't even pregnant with #3, that's great." I should've known better. These people bug the shit out of me. Another baby for Nemo to hit on the head and everyone laughs about.

I'm trying to imagine Jilly's reaction if it's a girl. First granddaughter. That poor child..

• Like 7
  • Sad 9
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

The little Keller boys always look so sad and fearful. I have a feeling Nurthan are using the Pearl method of beating resistance out of babies.

Didn't Nurie and Renee get shipped off to spend some time at the Pearl's home?  Sadly, I think you may be right about the "training" those boys are getting.

• Sad 21
15 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Wow nurie is pregnant…. Big deal. At this point I would be surprised if she wasn’t pregnant. Hope it’s a 3rd boy just to spite jill 

I hope it is a boy because girls are not valued or treated well in this cult.

• Like 12
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't think Nurie's boys are being treated well. Have we ever seen them smiling? Any expression aside from deer in the headlights?

I think they might be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of people not to mention Jill's manic behavior. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
8 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't think Nurie's boys are being treated well. Have we ever seen them smiling? Any expression aside from deer in the headlights?

The Keller clan is not exactly known for treating their kids well. Wasn’t Ma Keller the one who had a 15 minute a week allotment of time to each child?

• Like 4
  • Sad 12

I learned from watching the new documentary on IFB that there are many, many boarding "schools" just for girls from IFB families that are nothing but abuse and learning to obey.  Absolutely horrible treatment.  All the boy have is Alert, I guess.

Edited by CalicoKitty
can't keep all the initials straight
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 13
  • Useful 1

ALERT isn't IFB.  It's strictly Gothard/IBLP/ATI.  Gothard's work and organization dove tail with IFB and many or most of the families are members of IFB churches. Their ideologies are very similar.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 4

Nurie is probably aiming to have as many kids as her mother. She wants to make BME proud, so what else can she do?

Does Jill think these young married people can pump out a dozen-plus kids and continue to shower money on her and Dave for vacations, shopping, gifts, and restaurant meals?

I really hope Heidi puts a limit on the number of Rodlets she and Tim have. Her family isn't quiverfull, so maybe there's hope. Tim might not be eager to recreate his childhood either. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 1

Jill, honey?  We know you pop by on occasion.  Here's a small piece of advice for you-keep your bizz-natch out of women's uteruses.  The only one it should be in is your own, and banking on your age, I'm guessing you spend some time talking with your new BFF, menopause.  But, seriously, did you have permission to post the news?  Oh, of course, you were allowed.  The Kellers don't have their own social media, so you have to do it first before they have a chance.  Be a grown-ass adult woman, pull your big girl panties on, and deal with what is in front of you-your kids.

• Like 7
  • Applause 7

The married kids will fade away from Jill, just like Jill faded away from her parents and sisters. They all see each other anywhere from a couple to a half dozen times a year.

They'll be splitting holidays between inlaws, travel will become harder and more costly and schedules will conflict.

One of these Christmases Jill will be sitting home with Dave and 3 or 4 young daughters dipping leftover pizza in stale Chick-fil-A sauces and having generic Twinkies for desert. If there lucky Dave will let Jill watch a football game on the map with him, while the girls apply their dollar store make-up, kept in their new vinyl purses that have one side of a zipper and latch with no snap.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 11
11 hours ago, ozziemom said:

The Keller clan is not exactly known for treating their kids well. Wasn’t Ma Keller the one who had a 15 minute a week allotment of time to each child?

Yes, she brags about that as if it’s something to be proud of.

• Like 8
  • Sad 10
10 hours ago, sixlets said:

Jill, honey?  We know you pop by on occasion.  Here's a small piece of advice for you-keep your bizz-natch out of women's uteruses.  The only one it should be in is your own, and banking on your age, I'm guessing you spend some time talking with your new BFF, menopause.  But, seriously, did you have permission to post the news?  Oh, of course, you were allowed.  The Kellers don't have their own social media, so you have to do it first before they have a chance.  Be a grown-ass adult woman, pull your big girl panties on, and deal with what is in front of you-your kids.

Wouldn't it be funny if Tim scooped Jill with Nurie's news, since he does have social media? Jill would have a cow and start posting madly about being betrayed!

• LOL 17

There is a video on Reddit where Jill asks her caboose you want mommy to hold you? And then promptly turns around and climbs steps. Jill doesn’t even care about her precious Nessiekins. What a nasty Mahmo. She was probably shopping using Nathan’s $$$. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
16 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think they might be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of people not to mention Jill's manic behavior. 

16 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Definitely part of it, but they don't seem any different in the pictures Nurie sends from Florida. 

Definitely at home in Florida they don't have a thundering herd in the house.   Its pretty much just Nurie, Nathan and the two boys.   The Kellers don't seem to be into spending time with their grown children or expecting the ones close by to always be together.   They are pretty much focused on their own activities (which is as bad as Jill in its own way, its still the same selfish, self-centered behavior, its just not as LOUD).  

But at home, you know they are beating any independence out of the children.   Why would you smile if you know any sign of joy or happiness will result in a beating?

Those poor kids.   Although I have to laugh that Nurie planned poorly with two older boys.    She is going to be stuck raising the first girl all by herself, until that girl is old enough to care for all the other kids.    At least Anna Dugger got the order right in their world.

• Sad 12
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Definitely at home in Florida they don't have a thundering herd in the house.   Its pretty much just Nurie, Nathan and the two boys.   The Kellers don't seem to be into spending time with their grown children or expecting the ones close by to always be together.   They are pretty much focused on their own activities (which is as bad as Jill in its own way, its still the same selfish, self-centered behavior, its just not as LOUD).  

But at home, you know they are beating any independence out of the children.   Why would you smile if you know any sign of joy or happiness will result in a beating?

Those poor kids.   Although I have to laugh that Nurie planned poorly with two older boys.    She is going to be stuck raising the first girl all by herself, until that girl is old enough to care for all the other kids.    At least Anna Dugger got the order right in their world.

that is why I hope she has all boys. 

Poor Sadie, obedient? That is a pretty sad thing to call your child on their birthday. Why not creative? Or a real smile in our lives? No, because obedient is the best, oh and God loving. At least she said "kind". 

• Like 9
  • Sad 6
7 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I hope Nathan stop visiting for the holidays. Dragging 5 people to Jill’s house for the holidays is expensive not to mention buying Mahmo and poppy Christmas trees and presents.

Maybe they came for Thanksgiving, hoping to avoid buying all that stuff. But Jill outsmarted them. She's a champion grifter!

• Like 11
  • Applause 1