Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

My family never really celebrated birthdays, we kids didn't mind, but my no-holiday celebrating parents made more effort than this.  

I still don't celebrate my birthday (I legitimately do not care about them for myself), but I make more of an effort for my dog's birthday/gotcha day than Jillpm puts toward her children.  

• Like 8

Most of us treat our possessions better than Jillvid treat their children. Actually, Jill's tchotchkes get more attention than her little blessings, who are the ones who sing or hold jobs to bring money into the family since David is allergic to work.  

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
On 5/25/2023 at 6:37 AM, ginger90 said:

8586FF63-4F0B-4DBE-8C67-D10922A8B7B8.jpeg

She looks like she’s auditioning for an album cover.

On 5/25/2023 at 5:02 PM, Jeeves said:

I'm no theological student, but AFAIK there's a longstanding train of argument that what Jesus created was non-alcoholic. I think it's strong among certain groups of protestants, perhaps mainly evangelicals, who eschew drinking alcohol. 

Weird. I’ve always heard that the alcohol was important, since you couldn’t rely on water being clean. Alcohol kills a multitude of germs.

On 5/25/2023 at 7:22 PM, realityfan26 said:

Loves history of any kind? Sure, as long as it fits your beliefs.

It’s rather a stretch to say that a house featured in a fictional movie is “history.”

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
On 5/25/2023 at 6:37 AM, ginger90 said:

8586FF63-4F0B-4DBE-8C67-D10922A8B7B8.jpeg

I wish she had worn her super-tight mermaid skirt for this photo shoot. I would have loved to see her trying to get to her knees in that mummy wrap and then struggling to get back on her feet again. 

If ever there was a face begging to be smeared with a surprise cream pie, this is the one. A literal face plant in that field of weeds would have been kind of awesome too. 

• LOL 15
22 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

32C78741-6A50-45BB-B3BC-DA300EACE10B.jpeg

9FCB8414-A6D0-4D89-B3D4-AA76A7C687EA.jpeg

4D2502A8-E9BB-442E-B6BA-F3616FA1E1C7.jpeg

7DADC296-05AD-480F-84E8-AE4D74EDF24C.jpeg

Wish Instagram would cancel her account for promoting plexus!

She doesn’t name it. She just says, “little pink drink”. Perhaps that’s how she gets away with it?

• Sad 7
  • Useful 1

She's smart enough to not name Plexus in an IG post.  Corporate might have given them some edumacation on what happens when you break FTC laws.  Now, if she could only be smart enough to feed and properly clothe her children 😒.

• Like 10

During the video posted today at the Mother's Day ice cream at the park outing, BME turns to NotNurie and talks about how sad that Nurie and Nathan had to leave to go home one day before Mother's Day and did not say one word to NotNurie about how exciting it is that this is her 1st Mother's Day being pregnant and how she can't wait for her baby boy to be born.  Not one word to acknowledge that poor girl.  

• Sad 23
12 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

During the video posted today at the Mother's Day ice cream at the park outing, BME turns to NotNurie and talks about how sad that Nurie and Nathan had to leave to go home one day before Mother's Day and did not say one word to NotNurie about how exciting it is that this is her 1st Mother's Day being pregnant and how she can't wait for her baby boy to be born.  Not one word to acknowledge that poor girl.  

I think it's clear that Jill favors Nurie and Timbits. She babies Janessa. 

Sucks to be the other 10. Especially Kaylee and Gabriel. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 4

Anyone who has grown up being a NotNurie knows how incredibly harmful Jill's behavior is. I suspect Kaylee thinks having a baby will endear her to her mother, but that won't happen. Jill has no self-awareness or capacity for empathy and never will. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 10
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

32C78741-6A50-45BB-B3BC-DA300EACE10B.jpeg

9FCB8414-A6D0-4D89-B3D4-AA76A7C687EA.jpeg

4D2502A8-E9BB-442E-B6BA-F3616FA1E1C7.jpeg

7DADC296-05AD-480F-84E8-AE4D74EDF24C.jpeg

Wish Instagram would cancel her account for promoting plexus!

Okay worlds colliding here, but I'm allllllllmost positive that this is the same text posted by 90Day Fiance Molly for HER plexus post of the day.  

I need a palate cleanser for my social feeds today.  lol

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Anyone who has grown up being a NotNurie knows how incredibly harmful Jill's behavior is. I suspect Kaylee thinks having a baby will endear her to her mother, but that won't happen. Jill has no self-awareness or capacity for empathy and never will. 

Heck, it doesn't even seem like Jill can gush over more than one grandchild. Newmie is almost never mentioned. As the NotNemo kid of a NotNurie this kid is barely going to be on Mimi's radar (and for that I give a hearty thanks to Lord Daniel, soapy be his name). 

• Like 5
  • LOL 12
15 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Okay worlds colliding here, but I'm allllllllmost positive that this is the same text posted by 90Day Fiance Molly for HER plexus post of the day.  

I need a palate cleanser for my social feeds today.  lol

Jill and Molly both, why are you punishing yourself? 😁

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Heck, it doesn't even seem like Jill can gush over more than one grandchild. Newmie is almost never mentioned. As the NotNemo kid of a NotNurie this kid is barely going to be on Mimi's radar (and for that I give a hearty thanks to Lord Daniel, soapy be his name). 

NotNurie may find her inner strength and break free if that happens. People who have always  put up with neglect from their parents often tend to get upset when their own children are neglected by their grandparents.  

• Like 12
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

NotNurie may find her inner strength and break free if that happens. People who have always  put up with neglect from their parents often tend to get upset when their own children are neglected by their grandparents.  

I hope they all do. 

• Like 17
  • Love 1

The Mothers Day post shows Jonathan sliding on the kid slide. While he isn’t a large man, it looked like the slide was a bit wonky and wobbly, those slides are definitely not built for adults. So apparently he is right there with the rest of the Rods with no concept of adult behavior.

• Like 3
  • Sad 11

While Nemo is obviously Jill's favorite, Jill may not treat Baby Hill any better or worse than Newman, who just exists. In Jill's fractured psyche, everyone is either a winner or a loser. 

Jill's favorites seem to be Tim (first-born son), Nurie (first-born daughter) Janessa (last-born kid, we hope), and Nehemiah (first-born grandson). A first granddaughter might make the cut.  

I'm curious to see which children Jill insists on keeping close by and who is allowed to leave the compound. I feel that Kaylee was "encouraged" to stay close for a reason, not because Jill is fond of her but because Jill sees her as an obedient worker who is desperate to be loved and recognized. Narcissists are good at knowing who they can control.

6 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

The Mothers Day post shows Jonathan sliding on the kid slide. While he isn’t a large man, it looked like the slide was a bit wonky and wobbly, those slides are definitely not built for adults. So apparently he is right there with the rest of the Rods with no concept of adult behavior.

This fits. There's no way Slide Boy is going to defend his wife or his children.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 9

I hope playing with the pink crutches turns whatever Rodboy that is gay.  I'm mean like that when people think adaptive devices are toys.

At least Jilly admits that she will have to take that pink junk forever to maintain whatever weight loss she claims.  From pictures of her she can't filter, it doesn't look like much weight is lost there.  And her lazy hubby is obviously not taking the stuff given the way he looks.  

• Like 14
4 minutes ago, beckie said:

Does she take Ozempic? Or is she getting what knowledge she has about it from watching the map with David?

I think she was just using as an example.  I think in the recent past there was a brief shortage of Ozempic for diabetics due to non-diabetics using it for weight loss, and that infuriated me.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
34 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think she was just using as an example.  I think in the recent past there was a brief shortage of Ozempic for diabetics due to non-diabetics using it for weight loss, and that infuriated me.

My friend couldn't get it to treat her diabetes. She would have to pay out of pocket and just doesn't have the money. 

• Sad 18
35 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Do you know where in Ohio?

They were at a tent revival last week, returning home on Saturday. It was in Ohio, but I can't remember the town offhand. I want to say it was in the southern part of the state. 

4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I read elsewhere that this wasn’t the super strong, commercial type of playground put in parks and schools.  Those are very sturdy.

This was just a common backyard slide put in by a small shop owner for young CHILDREN.  These grown men are actually causing the slide to bend.  They should not be on it.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 12
(edited)
6 minutes ago, louannems said:

I read elsewhere that this wasn’t the super strong, commercial type of playground put in parks and schools.  Those are very sturdy.

This was just a common backyard slide put in by a small shop owner for young CHILDREN.  These grown men are actually causing the slide to bend.  They should not be on it.

I read the same post. The person posited that the ice cream store bought the equipment and put it on their property. Definitely not meant for adult men to be playing on 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 10
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They were at a tent revival last week, returning home on Saturday. It was in Ohio, but I can't remember the town offhand. I want to say it was in the southern part of the state. 

Whew. I’m in NEO. Granted I do live about 1/2-2 hours north of the barndo, I don’t want to risk running into them in the wild.

• LOL 6
21 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Fire hazard! And 2 toasters? Like she feeds her kids breakfast.

41AA61E1-3EA7-4DCF-B351-F22692C91EA2.jpeg

WTF?  Isn't David supposed to be an expert at wiring?  He couldn't put an extra outlet or two in the kitchen, so instead they use that mess.  

They supposedly remodeled the kitchen just a couple years ago, you'd think they would've installed more outlets then to accommodate their appliances.

• Like 16
(edited)
47 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Fire hazard! And 2 toasters? Like she feeds her kids breakfast.

41AA61E1-3EA7-4DCF-B351-F22692C91EA2.jpeg

When her concoction fell off the counter I laughed. Also interesting that she chose to use regular milk instead of water.

Those wires are a nightmare, or an octopus, as my father would have called it.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 7
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Whew. I’m in NEO. Granted I do live about 1/2-2 hours north of the barndo, I don’t want to risk running into them in the wild.

I have to correct my previous post. They were in West Clifford, PA! I should know this, since this is an annual stop for them. 

• Useful 1

Jill covered up the address for some reason. 🤷🏼‍♀️ They had already been there, she left it there in a post from a couple of hours ago, but not in her stories. Such an odd woman.

D733E8E0-E801-4109-B1FA-B6CA1DC0AE36.jpeg

E112EEE4-308C-4F5A-8E53-3D19F873D27E.jpeg

• Like 5