Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Oh, dear, The Rods are loose at a public monument. Has Jill encouraged the kids to deface anything yet? 

My first thought as well...I am surprised they weren't climbing the actual Washington Monument sign.

• Like 3
  • Love 7

So sad to see that those girls are wearing summer skirts in the cold. Mr. Rodrigues's clothes are dirty...you can see grease stains in the close up hoodie photo and the knees are stained on his filthy pants. What a group! These two should be ashamed of themselves that they allow their children to be improperly dressed for the outside weather.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

OMG, I've BEEN there.   It's right up the road.   Oh dear.  Oh dear.   She's getting closer.   

Why are they all staring into the ground in that first picture?   There is little nothing to look at.

If you ran into Jill Rod what would you do?

• Like 1

David looks as if he's winking in that closeup on the bench. Pleeeze tell me Jill didn't ask him to wink. Too many worldly women might go into a frenzy of desire for Jill's Hunky Hunk, candidate for the world's most useless husband.

As if. 

• Fire 2
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

David looks as if he's winking in that closeup on the bench. Pleeeze tell me Jill didn't ask him to wink. Too many worldly women might go into a frenzy of desire for Jill's Hunky Hunk, candidate for the world's most useless husband.

As if. 

It’s a screenshot. He was squinting due to the weather?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 11/30/2022 at 8:11 PM, galaxygirl76 said:

That poor girl does not look well.

She was so uncomfortable and embarrassed while the waiters were singing Happy Birthday to her, but the show must go on, so who cares if Sadie hated it.  Jill liked it and that’s all that matters.

• Sad 17
On 12/2/2022 at 8:10 AM, oliviabenson said:

I thought the kids were posing with the Easter bunny nope it’s hunk 

AE9A28FE-D173-4E75-A63E-CEE972E5371C.jpeg

The Rod offspring are nothing more than props for BME’s twisted fantasy life…  “Children, climb up on the stone wall and bend your knees like you’re going to jump! (Nevermind the huge, jagged rocks behind the wall that could severely injure, or even kill, if any of them fell off the wall.) And smile!  SMILE, children!  I want all of you to smile!  We’re having a ball, right?!”

Edited by farmgal4
  • Sad 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

If you ran into Jill Rod what would you do?

Probably just watch them for a while, but it would be fun to talk to the kids, flirt with Hunk (barf), and ignore Jill. Narcissists can't stand being ignored. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I mean, they're not Baby Waller dump truck level bad, but who wants to plop their newborn down on damp sand? Or pose the whole family in front of some large, precarious-looking rocks? And little Nemo's outfit (both the 70's-esque romper and the cowboy boots) is certainly a choice...

The first picture where both babies are like, "Get me out of here," while their parents gaze adoringly at each other and completely ignore them is like an advertisement for fundie-living...

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 10
  • LOL 11
On 12/2/2022 at 3:14 PM, floridamom said:

So sad to see that those girls are wearing summer skirts in the cold. Mr. Rodrigues's clothes are dirty...you can see grease stains in the close up hoodie photo and the knees are stained on his filthy pants. What a group! These two should be ashamed of themselves that they allow their children to be improperly dressed for the outside weather.

Check out DeadBeatDave’s shoes.  It looks like there are holes all over them!  I look at the way he looks and the clothes he wears, and I see a man who doesn’t give a damn about anything except food.  I feel about halfway sorry for him.  Heck, I feel sorry for everyone in that family but Jill.  I can’t imagine putting up with that narcissistic, batshit crazy loon for 24 hours, much less 24/7/365.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Check out DeadBeatDave’s shoes.  It looks like there are holes all over them!  I look at the way he looks and the clothes he wears, and I see a man who doesn’t give a damn about anything except food.  I feel about halfway sorry for him.  Heck, I feel sorry for everyone in that family but Jill.  I can’t imagine putting up with that narcissistic, batshit crazy loon for 24 hours, much less 24/7/365.  

Don't let the shabby exterior fool you. DBD is just as bad as his batshit wife. His sermons are delusional.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

The only thing I can say about the Nurthan family photos is that they are slightly better than when Jill tries to be a photographer. They look less awkward than when Jill uses her nonexistent photography skills. It's a low bar. 

• Like 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

I just don't get Nemo' s outfit 

Who puts cowboy boots on a baby? I don’t think he’s walking yet but even if he was, how uncomfortable are boots! At the beach! And the rest of his outfit is not even remotely cowboyish. Poor Newman looks most uncomfortable too. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Nemo looks like he's not so sure about this new screaming thing in his life. He's way too young to be a big brother already and the way this is going he'll have two younger siblings by this time next year.

Definitely there will be a new kid next year. Nurie will have a baby every year for a decade just like her Mahmo 

• Sad 18
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Who puts cowboy boots on a baby? I don’t think he’s walking yet but even if he was, how uncomfortable are boots! At the beach! And the rest of his outfit is not even remotely cowboyish. Poor Newman looks most uncomfortable too. 

Didn't poor Maryella live in ugly cowboy boots for the first year of her life? Maye it's a Keller thing.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

It's the traditional fundie family photoshoot. There must be something in the KJV commanding these families to dress in their best almost-matching clothes and drag their tired, hungry kids outside to pose for these syrupy photographs. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
6 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Joy, Michelle, Anna, Abbie ...

image.png.3483c54cd9aa18063cb7a1b85c386b05.pngimage.png.4dba48a506c1ee9ff33930a7d8cd55c6.pngimage.png.503fea5417a3ce355d769770530477ed.pngimage.png.b694f9f1111243b6816e78b828b0c7a9.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I just don't get Nemo' s outfit 

Me either, and I don’t think there’s any way that those boots fit small-boned Nemo’s feet.  I’m seeing shades of Jill in that outfit and that’s heartbreaking.

• Sad 10
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Didn't poor Maryella live in ugly cowboy boots for the first year of her life? Maye it's a Keller thing.

The boots and the outfit were probably in the dollar bin at the thrift store.  At least the clothes fit (kind of).  I'm sure they don't have much money, and are finding out how expensive kids really are.  But I agree, there must have been some outfit more appropriate for pictures with a "real photographer".  Nemo  and his sibling(s) will be dressed just like the Rod kids.  Those children do not look happy at all.  At least put a towel down on the wet sand.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Me either, and I don’t think there’s any way that those boots fit small-boned Nemo’s feet.  I’m seeing shades of Jill in that outfit and that’s heartbreaking.

At least it's not the shirt/vest/bowtie combo.  I guess as he's more recognizable now as a boy he doesn't have to wear that outfit.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Here's a good one. On Jill's weekly radio show, she divulged that Nathan won't eat until he's spent time with the Lord. She continues that Nurie says it sounds like "wailing before the Lord." 

What the hell is going on in that house???

And why is Jill sharing this? She’s a whackadoodle.

• Like 11
  • Applause 7