Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I meet every 1-2 months for lunch with a group of cousins, and the chosen restaurant is the Olive Garden.  The truly good Italian restaurant in that area doesn't serve lunch.  After trial and error I've found just one preferred soup and one preferred entree on the lunch menu.  I once paid almost twice as much for a dinner menu entree, chicken and shrimp carbonara, and the chicken had a weird soggy batter, and the sauce lacked seasoning.  It's a comfortable place to sit and chat, but that's about all.

I dont mind the soup, the salad is salad and I can get the breadsticks frozen at Walmart. It appeals to people because it is unlimited. Im sure with the Rods, David or Jill can fill up quite well and take their meal home for another time. I would say for the kids but we know that won't  happen. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I meet every 1-2 months for lunch with a group of cousins, and the chosen restaurant is the Olive Garden.  The truly good Italian restaurant in that area doesn't serve lunch.  After trial and error I've found just one preferred soup and one preferred entree on the lunch menu.  I once paid almost twice as much for a dinner menu entree, chicken and shrimp carbonara, and the chicken had a weird soggy batter, and the sauce lacked seasoning.  It's a comfortable place to sit and chat, but that's about all.

Since I can't eat wheat, I appreciate the endless salad.  Most people I know opt for other restaurants, however.  I only had one friend that always picked OG when we went out to lunch, and other friends asked not to go there.  I get the idea that you either like it, or you don't like it, with little middle ground.  I would hate to pay the bill for the number of people in this group.  Of course, it is usually just the "grown ups".  And someone other than Jill pays, so......

• Like 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I've never been to the Olive Garden, good or bad. 😀 I can't even tell you where the closest one is. I live in an area consisting of mom and pop joints. 

Good for you!  I'm sure you dine much better there than at Olive Garden.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

So, the Arndt family has been mentioned at times. 

did anyone see that Luke-Joseph Peter Arndt is ENGAGED?!? Two others are reportedly in a relationship. 

I NEVER expected anyone in that family to marry.

• Mind Blown 8
8 minutes ago, DCCFan123 said:

did anyone see that Luke-Joseph Peter Arndt is ENGAGED?!? Two others are reportedly in a relationship. 

I haven’t paid attention to them in years. I am shocked. I never thought any of them would ever leave home, much less get married.

Do you have a link for more info & pics?

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, DCCFan123 said:

Did the Maxwells' pastor get to them?! 

I thought the Arndts were almost certainly a family of permanently failing to launch, mommy-obeying, daddy-following, adult incels. Possibly with manifestos -- they're creepy enough. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

I haven’t paid attention to them in years. I am shocked. I never thought any of them would ever leave home, much less get married.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0zQf2EsjAUrbmseFuFaM6bdrwyUuLgfJ5CGgUqhXa5EoTjsPqoSLgCE9sJa5HNQdKl&id=607269721

image.png

1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

For the “relationships” see https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Arndt_Family

Edited by DCCFan123
Too many pictures!! 😂
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
15 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

What kind of mother tells her 9 year old that they're 1/2 way done raising her? Sounds like Jill can't wait for the day she boots her out of the barndo!

Does that mean Phillip is no longer being "raised" by BME & DBD and can now make his own decisions? Ha! Not likely!

But Philip is a man. Sadie is a girl who will need her headship to tell her what to think/do.

🙄🙄🙄

• Sad 10
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

What kind of mother tells her 9 year old that they're 1/2 way done raising her? Sounds like Jill can't wait for the day she boots her out of the barndo!

Does that mean Phillip is no longer being "raised" by BME & DBD and can now make his own decisions? Ha! Not likely!

That post really goes to show BME's attitudes regarding mothering, such as it is. Bitch thinks she's actually doing a good job! And no, Phillip and Timcel aren't any more free from her clutches than they were at 17, with one exception. They're not part of the traveling troupe any longer because they appear to have real jobs. I wonder how much longer Sammers will be forced onstage? 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Sad 12
  • Love 2

Sam-u-el as Jill says it, had a children’s party for his 18th birthday. Complete with little kids scrambling around a piñata. It was sad to see him just standing there smiling gamely at Jill’s enthusiasm. I wish he could have had something more age appropriate. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 7

Question here: how can you ask a person "who is your best friend" to be your spouse when you are not ever allowed to be alone with them and have real conversations about important topics and never really allowed to relax and be yourself in front of them? Company manners always when courting...I don't understand this. It shows me just how much they don't know.

• Like 3
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Take a guess what shirt David wore on this outing.

71A5D838-A638-4930-AA00-BA23E5008C1C.jpeg

CCCD8158-0188-408D-B925-6C5300E16C3C.jpeg

In the top pic, with the aqua-colored dress, she’s wearing black opaque stockings and black shoes.  BME truly doesn’t give a damn how those girls look when they go out in public. 😢

• Sad 11

Sadie is a beautiful little girl who looks as delicate as a porcelain vase.  Maybe the dark under-eye circles are hereditary, or her pale skin emphasizes them, but she seems to have the pallor of a kid who doesn't get to play outside very much and that breaks my heart.

• Sad 14
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Sadie is a beautiful little girl who looks as delicate as a porcelain vase.  Maybe the dark under-eye circles are hereditary, or her pale skin emphasizes them, but she seems to have the pallor of a kid who doesn't get to play outside very much and that breaks my heart.

They don't play much outside because they are always in church. And add to that the hours the family seems to keep. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

but she seems to have the pallor of a kid who doesn't get to play outside very much and that breaks my heart.

Play where?   the drainage ditch?   The graveyard garden?   Despite living in that lovely large home which probably sits on more than a tiny plot of land, there doesn't seem to be a lot of places for the kids to play.

• Sad 12
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Play where?   the drainage ditch?   The graveyard garden?   Despite living in that lovely large home which probably sits on more than a tiny plot of land, there doesn't seem to be a lot of places for the kids to play.

And play with what? They don't have toys, balls, jump ropes, etc. 

• Sad 12
  • Applause 1
On 11/30/2022 at 4:55 AM, ozziemom said:

Sammers is the best looking Rodlet boy, but now that he’s attempting to grow facial hair he isn’t so cute. And what 18 year old wants a piñata at his birthday?

He is good looking but the older he gets, the closer he resembles David, to me.  David also started off fairly good looking, not counting the ears.  Hopefully Sam stays good looking.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
30 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

they actually have a 1 acre property. When they had their sweet friends church picnic at the barndo, a new looking trampoline was shown, but has not been shown since. the boys and I think Tessie and Renee have been shown "playing baseball" in the yard. but the little girls are very rarely shown doing any outdoor activities.

When they had such horrible damage from the "land hurricane" jill claimed it ruined sadie or sophie's tree fort. From the picture of their property the little on the ground platform had to have been in the very far back corner of their property

Screenshot (332).png

• Useful 4
39 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Play where?   the drainage ditch?   The graveyard garden?

36 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She could go outside and play with her siblings, using their imagination to create games, play make-believe, or - 

Yeah, I really didn't think that through.  The only imagination they have is cultivated by Jill and it probably gets old playing "let's hand out tracts" or "pretend to sell Plexus" or Jill's favorite, "wedding day dress up with brooms."

Those poor kids. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 16
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

They don't play much outside because they are always in church. And add to that the hours the family seems to keep. 

No outside playing, or inside playing, underfed, not enough sleep. Those littles are doomed.

• Sad 13
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Brooms that they pretend are future headships. . . 🥲

1 hour ago, louannems said:

He is good looking but the older he gets, the closer he resembles David, to me.  David also started off fairly good looking, not counting the ears.  Hopefully Sam stays good looking.

Their appearances are the least of their issues. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 3
On 11/29/2022 at 8:45 AM, Trillium said:

They need to let the strangers at the good church know they are NEWLYWEDS or some Jill type might think they are having the sex without Jesus approval. (Because you know if a young couple showed up at her church she would launch an inquisition) 

The WHITE dress is to show how PURE (and Kaylee) is because she never EVER did anything ebil like kiss a man before she got married… 🙄

• Sad 8

Jill screeching hi Nessie murdered my eardrums 

Nessie can barely talk and that nasty rag she sucks on is always present 

also Jill screeching 

Nessie do you love being the baby ? 

Uh that’s definitely a no. You do not feed her either 

B286B951-DD5C-4629-A4D8-5BF480B5E48D.jpeg

• Sad 4
On 11/30/2022 at 10:46 PM, awaken said:

Sam-u-el as Jill says it, had a children’s party for his 18th birthday. Complete with little kids scrambling around a piñata. It was sad to see him just standing there smiling gamely at Jill’s enthusiasm. I wish he could have had something more age appropriate. 

It's only because Jill needs photos for her social media accounts that Sam-u-el even got the piñata and little paper hat. BME is pretty obvious about the fact that she's the only one who deserves to be celebrated. 

• Sad 5
  • Applause 4

Where are the Rods in these photos? And why are they standing outside in the cold doing nothing? 

Tessie needs a heavier jacket. She has no body fat to help keep her warm. Is Hunk carrying a pack of tracts in his front pocket, or is it a thermos of hot soup? 

• Sad 2
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Where are the Rods in these photos? And why are they standing outside in the cold doing nothing? 

Tessie needs a heavier jacket. She has no body fat to help keep her warm. Is Hunk carrying a pack of tracts in his front pocket, or is it a thermos of hot soup? 

In Maryland 

7EF64082-F9BF-40BC-9AF6-41174CFE6B06.jpeg

Hunk is wearing a hoodie saying heavenly lawn care. is that Nathan’s business or Timbro?

Bet it’s a free hoodie lol.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

In Maryland 

7EF64082-F9BF-40BC-9AF6-41174CFE6B06.jpeg

Hunk is wearing a hoodie saying heavenly lawn care. is that Nathan’s business or Timbro?

Bet it’s a free hoodie lol.

I think it's Kevin Foster's (husband to severely quadriplegic sister Amy) business. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

It's only because Jill needs photos for her social media accounts that Sam-u-el even got the piñata and little paper hat. BME is pretty obvious about the fact that she's the only one who deserves to be celebrated. 

Samuel's paper hat is equally sad to Jason Duggar's 20th birthday pics where he had a little blue ribbon pinned on his shirt that said "birthday boy" .

Renee's hat says blessed because she is the one that got blessed to wear a winter coat. Jill, Renee, the boys and Janessa. everyone else gets a hoodie and some got gloves.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 9
52 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Why are they all staring into the ground in that first picture?   There is little nothing to look at.

It's a still from a loop (don't know if I'm using the correct term) Jill posted. She had them jump down, and then reversed it so it looks like they're jumping back up backwards. DBD and The Precious Baby just sit there.

• Sad 7