Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 8/14/2022 at 9:34 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I've been to both bridal showers and wedding receptions that were semi-potluck.  It's what you do when your lower middle class.  Your bridesmaids and family divide up the duties of a shower.  Aunt Sue offers to bring her "famous" chicken salad, Aunt Mary brings a couple of homemade desserts, and Aunt Becky can't cook for shit so she's in charge of drinks.  The hostess may spring for a deli tray or the "rich" bridesmaid is in charge of that.  Someone else brings over the paper products and decorations a couple of days before or will show up early to help.

Weddings don't have to be huge, expensive affairs.  Some of yinz have never been to a wedding reception where the best part of the victuals was the cookie table.  

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. This is how bridal showers were always done in my family/friend circle unless you were “rich”, in which case it was at a restaurant or catered.  So if Kaylee’s shower is a potluck, would not be unheard of. 
And the BEST part of a wedding or grad party IS the cookie table.  The Rods have lived close enough to Western PA/Eastern OH long enough to have absorbed this tradition. Not saying it will appear, but it would be nice to see the waifs with hands full of delicious, home made cookies. 

• Like 6
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. This is how bridal showers were always done in my family/friend circle unless you were “rich”, in which case it was at a restaurant or catered.  So if Kaylee’s shower is a potluck, would not be unheard of. 
And the BEST part of a wedding or grad party IS the cookie table.  The Rods have lived close enough to Western PA/Eastern OH long enough to have absorbed this tradition. Not saying it will appear, but it would be nice to see the waifs with hands full of delicious, home made cookies. 

The only person in that family who’ll ever get a handful of cookies is Slug aka GWE aka Shrek aka Babe. 

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

The Rods do a lot that necessitate snark, but a pot luck bridal shower is not one of them.  I honestly can't think I have ever been to any high class bridal showers.  The fanciest one I ever went to was in a home straight out of a 1987 interior design catalog and the food there was a mashup of homemade, semi-homemade and grocery store catering.  When my sister got married, we did go to a local Mexican restaurant where we ate $7 lunch entrees, unlimited chips and salsa and pitchers of margaritas.  I am also not going to snark on some Bagel Bites.  Those are delicious out of the oven with a bit of garlic salt sprinkled on top.  They are also cheap if you get a big box of them at Sams.

3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

The only person in that family who’ll ever get a handful of cookies is Slug aka GWE aka Shrek aka Babe. 

I'm sure at some events when Jill is too busy to pay attention the Rodlets have stuffed their pockets with cookies.  Jill doesn't care if her kids pilfer the cookie tray that someone else made/bought. Shit, she probably encourages them.

• Like 7
  • Love 5

Always on vacation while their children dress in rags and starve. Oh an David is particularly ugly in those pictures.  So is Jill. 

1 minute ago, oliviabenson said:

Matching outfits haha 

Why she always sticks her elbows out? 

Yay go fund me ! 

There is all that money 😉

• Like 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, SMama said:

Another getaway? They do nothing but vacation.

3 vacations in a month/2 months tops 

Bet they left 100 tracts all over and will tell their local church they led 10 more people to Christ while on vacation.

How else do they explain their never ending vacations and requests for donations?

• Like 9
19 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Matching outfits haha 

Why she always sticks her elbows out? 

To make her arms look skinny and create and interesting line - “teapotting” is a very millennial thing (even if I think she’s Gen X? I think she and I are around the same age, even though we live VERY different lives! 😂)

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

To make her arms look skinny and create and interesting line - “teapotting” is a very millennial thing (even if I think she’s Gen X? I think she and I are around the same age, even though we live VERY different lives! 😂)

If that’s interesting, I’m the queen of England.

• LOL 15
10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Yep.  "Attack of the Satanic Green Beans" is a horror classic. 

There's also Jill's line:  "Yes, we should always treat everyone (of every race, breed, and culture) kindly." Breed??

What breed is JIll? Holstein? Bulldog? Joyful Noyes Academy failure? 

Maybe she meant creed?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

F765AD40-10D2-418E-83F0-0B93D0A0C876.jpeg

She's really running the 'surprise getaway' story into the ground, isn't she?  Sorry, but. at no time ever is Jill not in charge of the agenda and there is no way she wasn't the one who planned this third 'getaway' in a month.  You'd think the drive back to Ohio from Florida would've been enough of a getaway for the two of them.  Must be nice to have the kind of time and money they seem to have.

Wonder how much they were able to contribute to Jill's parents this month?  Except I already know the answer.  Nada, nothing, zilch, zero.  Supporting her parents is the responsibility of OTHER PEOPLE.  Jill set up the Go Fund Me, shilled for them all over her social media, and only took a portion of the proceeds for herself.  What more could she have done for them?

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Exactly. Why point out the obvious?

She actually mean the right kind of churches, that believe in the right Jesus.

Heck, we even have a few of them in MN, a miniscule number compared to the Catholic and Lutheran churches here.  I looked at the KJV Church website which stated 101 congregations, but when I looked at the map it indicated far fewer churches.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

She actually mean the right kind of churches, that believe in the right Jesus.

Heck, we even have a few of them in MN, a miniscule number compared to the Catholic and Lutheran churches here.  I looked at the KJV Church website which stated 101 congregations, but when I looked at the map it indicated far fewer churches.

How would she know if they’re the “right kind” by just driving by them? They may use versions of the bible that are not KJV! 😳

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

How would she know if they’re the “right kind” by just driving by them? They may use versions of the bible that are not KJV! 😳

I bet they went in to drop off tracts and to see if can come back to beg for $.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

KJV Churches is the result of a vision to help independent Baptists find churches on the internet. Hopefully, by providing a helpful and intuitive search site, we can bring together every resource on the web for people that are searching for a church either to attend or to visit while traveling. 

They can just use this website.  https://www.kjvchurches.com/about-us/

• Useful 2
9 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

KJV Churches is the result of a vision to help independent Baptists find churches on the internet. Hopefully, by providing a helpful and intuitive search site, we can bring together every resource on the web for people that are searching for a church either to attend or to visit while traveling. 

They can just use this website.  https://www.kjvchurches.com/about-us/

Maybe they did use that. I had just assumed she meant they drove by some churches. 

• Like 1

My admittedly Catholic interpretation of the Ezekiel text she's talking about is it means following after idols instead of God.  The Iraelites had turned to the local gods like Baal and such.  Basically whorish was used instead of unfaithful.  

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 7

i believe that is it as well - worshiping idols. 

In typical Jilly fashion of cherry picking bible verses that fit her need to rant, she misses the verses before those she read regarding severe starvation and sons eating their fathers......

damn the bible has some weird stuff

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
On 8/20/2022 at 7:38 PM, oliviabenson said:

I’d like to see what’s in their pantry/fridge.

The pantry is mostly filled with brooms, mops, and other cleaning supplies.  For the girls to clean with, not Jill.

The opened pantry door has been shown in the background of Jill’s pics, and no, not much food in there.  Just plenty of cleaning stuff.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 1

Nurie knows what her mama is like. She has only feelings mama tells her to have. So if BME says she's going to (or not) Nurie goes along because BME said so and does what she wants.

If it bothered Nurie, she could quit sending photos to BME. 

Edited by beckie
  • Like 3
  • Sad 4
50 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Jill’s  face filtering makes Nurie look like a Sims character. And then mentioning once again that Nuire is skinny.  Isn’t vanity a sin, Jillpm? 

so is Envy. I think Jill's days of being "trim" or "tiny" are long gone.....

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

It's disturbing how obsessed Jill is with how tiny her pregnant daughter is!

Yes, she's celebrating the possible fact that Nurie isn't getting enough calories while pregnant which isn't good for her baby.  Nurie is tall which often allow a taller pregnant woman to look smaller.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

I was super thin back during my childbearing days. While I carried differently with each pregnancy, because I was so skinny there was never any doubt I was pregnant, well at least from the front/side. Nurie is over 6 months pregnant. Her bump looks very tiny to me.

• Like 7
  • Love 5